Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 17, 2016 5:43 PM

Jun 2013
I've been thinking about Ikta and Yatori's dialogue since watching the episode and was just thinking about how he cut his pinky finger off for the sake of Nana's trust and deep apology towards her and her people. Imagine what Ikta would do in order to help Yatori if the time ever came, that would be an intense scene whatever may occur. Aaaaaah can't wait for more, I'll be praying for a season 2 up until the end of season 1.
Sep 17, 2016 8:42 PM
Feb 2011
Aw said:
I've been thinking about Ikta and Yatori's dialogue since watching the episode and was just thinking about how he cut his pinky finger off for the sake of Nana's trust and deep apology towards her and her people. Imagine what Ikta would do in order to help Yatori if the time ever came, that would be an intense scene whatever may occur. Aaaaaah can't wait for more, I'll be praying for a season 2 up until the end of season 1.

In the novels, after the scene of cutting the finger, privately, Yatori grumbled to Ikta and told him that next time, it would be her turn.
Sep 18, 2016 4:59 AM

Apr 2013
larethian said:
Aw said:

In the novels, after the scene of cutting the finger, privately, Yatori grumbled to Ikta and told him that next time, it would be her turn.

To which if I remember, he answered that it would heavily lower her fighting abilities, whereas it wasn't as much of a problem for him since he's not a fighter to begin with, and that therefore that wasn't an option.
Sep 18, 2016 8:00 AM

Nov 2012
It seems Ikta and Yatori have quite a complex relationship.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 18, 2016 9:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After last weeks episode where Solok and company find themselves staring down a massive enemy army that was invading their lands and the realization that among their ranks is a strategist that is every bit as equal as Solok i was really looking forward to this episode.

From looking at the interactions between the princess and Solok it's always apparent that she does care about him but in this case it seems to be true.

Nice to see Nana join in on the war council though
Soloks sacrifice of his finger did the trick but man that looked
painful.

With the objective of holding the enemy for eight days to buy the main forces time to regroup Solok's strategy is as perfect as always. Using fire to force the enemy to attack the center where he built fortifications was a great move.

720 vs 12,000 men eh

Long odds there but not impossible

The battle scenes though were well done and the enemy's tactics and building
of stakes to block the cannons was a good move as was countering the enemy
melee attack with rifles that also caused a lot of wounded soldiers

Im glad to see that Solok is no longer hesitating though because now
he realities that Yatori is always there for him as his right hand. Love the fact the each know what the other is thinking without having to
speak out. Thats some relationship there.

Overall this was a good episode that in addition to showing good plot, combat scenes and character development also showed the feelings that solok's men could be feeling in this case via the first sergeant. The relationship between Yatori and Ikta certainly was one of the spotlights for this episode.

Orders is certainly important for the military and also for Yatori's family.
Still i wonder will she really kill Solok if the orders did come
ShingsterSep 18, 2016 11:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 10:55 AM
Feb 2015
Shingster said:
720 vs 1200 men eh

It's 720 vs 12,000.
Sep 18, 2016 11:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Thanks

Forgot to proof read again lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 4:54 PM
Jul 2016
This episode reminded me about the Battle of Hefei in Three Kingdoms Period, when Zhang Liao, with 800 men, won against Sun Quan's 100.000 troops and almost captured the Wu's Emperor.

But, to the main issue: Since the beggining, Yatori is the loyal dog and Ikta is the "black Sheep". The only reason that he is in the empire is because of Yatori (first) and Chamille.

So, everyone can saw that he is willing to participate a rebellion, if done correctly. And Yatori always will be glad to die for the empire.

This episode was good to show the rivalry between Ikta and Jean. But the highlight is the Yatori x Ikta moment and the reality of war.
Sep 19, 2016 2:03 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, I'm really not buying that "bestest friends" thing anymore. That was a double confession in public.

animefan8800 said:
Pfft, Yatori ain't killin' Ikta. Ever. Nice try tho show. XD.

If she does, it'll be like this:

BGMaxie said:
Not the war, but the battle was clearly not on their favour and didn't work as they really wanted. As Mattew said, they all believe that "so long as they followed Ikta you could win easy" but it turns out reality isn't like that.

Ikta knew though, which was precisely why he hadn't initially asked Matthew and Haro to come along.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 19, 2016 7:05 AM
Jun 2016
Zefyris said:
Annuvin said:
@Zefyris, this is an anime thread so I'm obviously comparing the shows, not their source material. As far as I am concerned the guy can appear in whatever volume he wants to if he gets proper a proper introduction and background story later on, but suddenly dropping him into the show that has a pretty low chance of ever getting a second season (Madhouse) and when it's 'nearing' its end feels just like Death Note.

Foreshadowing? They mentioned some possible general like once in episode 9 or so.
Except that death note is finished by the end of the anime's first season. Alderamin has just started by the end of the first season.
You cannot know if it'll get other seasons, maybe even in several years. Durarara got several new season 5 years after the first after all. Whereas you already know that there won't be another season of DN. your comparison cannot be made anyway. What matter for second season is not madhouse. Can't believe so many peoples stil ldon't understand that. What matters is who is the publisher (dengeki bunko). Dengeki bunko regularly do second seasons.
No, they foreshadowed several times since episode 6's end on kioka's interference.

In regards to this show getting a second season with a studio = (Madhouse) that is notorious for not granting seconds, or continuations, save the exception of shows that miraculously do, like Durarara, I have to agree with him. It's highly unlikely that this show will get a second season.

I'll put it this way, When No Game; No Life gets a second season, i'll have faith that this show will too. Until then, I won't bat an eye.

That being said, i fucking love this show.
Sep 19, 2016 7:11 AM
Jun 2016
Inugirlz said:
Ahegyao said:

Try being cool after seeing your war buddies killed for saving last minute "allies."

I didn't say her emotions weren't understandable. I said she's a dumbass. Which she is.

She doesn't see (or want to see) the larger picture and she's guilty of what most humans are guilty of, which is cruelly disregarding the "other" while glorifying her side, as if the Sinacks they just nearly wiped out (unjustly) weren't human. I could go on about this but I'm sure you already get that part and were only pointing out that her emotions weren't out of place.

Doesn't change the fact she's an annoying two-dimensional character.

By your logic, your calling Suya a dumbass in turn is calling almost all of humanity dumbasses, seeing as how Suya's only err is in being guilty of, in your own words, "most humans are guilty of."
Sep 19, 2016 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
KuroiGaijin said:
Zefyris said:
Except that death note is finished by the end of the anime's first season. Alderamin has just started by the end of the first season.
You cannot know if it'll get other seasons, maybe even in several years. Durarara got several new season 5 years after the first after all. Whereas you already know that there won't be another season of DN. your comparison cannot be made anyway. What matter for second season is not madhouse. Can't believe so many peoples stil ldon't understand that. What matters is who is the publisher (dengeki bunko). Dengeki bunko regularly do second seasons.
No, they foreshadowed several times since episode 6's end on kioka's interference.

In regards to this show getting a second season with a studio = (Madhouse) that is notorious for not granting seconds, or continuations, save the exception of shows that miraculously do, like Durarara, I have to agree with him. It's highly unlikely that this show will get a second season.

I'll put it this way, When No Game; No Life gets a second season, i'll have faith that this show will too. Until then, I won't bat an eye.

You're misinformed. Studios do not decide if there's a second season (in case of adaptations) the publishers does. Even if madhouse was saying no to a second season, they could stil ldo it by picking another studio instead, as it happens all the time. Because it's the PUBLISHER who PAY the studio, not the contrary. And it's also the PUBLISHER who own the COPYRIGHTS, not the studio. Madhouse's only right here is to say no to do the second season themselves if asked for it. If not asked for it, or if the publisher go somewhere else, they can't say shit about it.

Now let's have fun with listing how many times the publisher of Alderamin (dengeki bunko) in the last 6 years did more than one season.

Asura Cryin' (2 seasons)
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (2 seasons)
Durarara (4 seasons and 2 specials)
Spice & wolf (2 seasons and 1 OVA)
Oreimo (2 seasons + specials)
Toaru Majutsu no Index (2 seasons +2 seasons for the spin off + movie)
Ro-Kyu-Bu! (2 seasons)
Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon (2 seasons)
Shakugan no Shana (3 seasons + one movie)
Accel World (1 season+ 1 movie)
Sword Art Online (2 seasons + 1 movie)
Strike the Blood (2 seasons + 1 OVA)
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei '(1 seasons + 1 movie)

BTW during the same period of time, several (8) titles that did not receive a new series afterwards. However, among the 8 2 didn't got anything due to lack of enough material and one is finished only since 2 months. Even including those, during those last 6 years, Dengeki bunko has an impressive ratio of giving at least a movie if not a new series to 62% of the series they adapted into anime (including the single time they worked together with Madhouse). If we remove the three I singled out above, it even reaches 72%.

It doesn't mean there will be a second season, but the chances of a Dengeki bunko series to get a second anime when it got a first one is like 10 times higher than any other LN publisher.

This is what matters here. Not, "madhouse's circumstances".
Sep 19, 2016 8:18 AM
Feb 2015
Zefyris said:
KuroiGaijin said:

You're misinformed. Studios do not decide if there's a second season (in case of adaptations) the publishers does. Even if madhouse was saying no to a second season, they could stil ldo it by picking another studio instead, as it happens all the time. Because it's the PUBLISHER who PAY the studio, not the contrary. And it's also the PUBLISHER who own the COPYRIGHTS, not the studio. Madhouse's only right here is to say no to do the second season themselves if asked for it. If not asked for it, or if the publisher go somewhere else, they can't say shit about it.

Now let's have fun with listing how many times the publisher of Alderamin (dengeki bunko) in the last 6 years did more than one season.

Asura Cryin' (2 seasons)
Ro-Kyu-Bu! (2 seasons)

BTW during the same period of time, several (8) titles that did not receive a new series afterwards. However, among the 8 2 didn't got anything due to lack of enough material and one is finished only since 2 months. Even including those, during those last 6 years, Dengeki bunko has an impressive ratio of giving at least a movie if not a new series to 62% of the series they adapted into anime (including the single time they worked together with Madhouse). If we remove the three I singled out above, it even reaches 72%.

It doesn't mean there will be a second season, but the chances of a Dengeki bunko series to get a second anime when it got a first one is like 10 times higher than any other LN publisher.

You do realize that both the publisher and studio are bound by contracts right. Madhouse is the studio holds the contract to produce and distribute Alderamin, even if the publishers wants another season so long as Madhouse has the contract and refuses, Dengeki can't do anything nor can they find another studio to replace Madhouse.
Sep 19, 2016 8:20 AM
Jun 2016
Zefyris said:
KuroiGaijin said:

Asura Cryin' (2 seasons)
Ro-Kyu-Bu! (2 seasons)

Huh, i didn't know that. In that case it IS quite reassuring. It's always nice when i get to learn something new, especially when it's in favor of something that i like. Not for nothing, but you really know your stuff.

I appreciate your correction, so keep on keeping on!
Sep 19, 2016 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
ixarising said:
Zefyris said:

Asura Cryin' (2 seasons)
Ro-Kyu-Bu! (2 seasons)

You do realize that both the publisher and studio are bound by contracts right. Madhouse is the studio holds the contract to produce and distribute Alderamin, even if the publishers wants another season so long as Madhouse has the contract and refuses, Dengeki can't do anything nor can they find another studio to replace Madhouse.

'fraid you're thinking of another type of relationship than the one between publishers and anime studio in japan. The anime studio isn't paying to get the right to use the material, they are paid to do a precise job and that's it. Those are the relationship between a company and a promotional/advertisement company we're talking here. At best, there's a limited time for which they cannot take someone else, but that would be it. Because the anime studio isn't buying any right like you would see for a producer wanting to adapt a book or something here. They're paid to do X episodes on Y material, and that's it.
As a matter of fact, numerous second series in anime were made by a studio different from the first one. It's regularly happening for LN adaptation, and sometimes with as little as 6 months between the end of the first and the beginning of the second (example : log horizon).

i'll say it again, Madhouse doesn't have the power to stop Dengeki Bunko from doing a second season if DB wants it.
ZefyrisSep 19, 2016 11:51 AM
Sep 19, 2016 6:20 PM

Jul 2009
KuroiGaijin said:
Inugirlz said:

I didn't say her emotions weren't understandable. I said she's a dumbass. Which she is.

She doesn't see (or want to see) the larger picture and she's guilty of what most humans are guilty of, which is cruelly disregarding the "other" while glorifying her side, as if the Sinacks they just nearly wiped out (unjustly) weren't human. I could go on about this but I'm sure you already get that part and were only pointing out that her emotions weren't out of place.

Doesn't change the fact she's an annoying two-dimensional character.

By your logic, your calling Suya a dumbass in turn is calling almost all of humanity dumbasses, seeing as how Suya's only err is in being guilty of, in your own words, "most humans are guilty of."

And? Your point?

It seems to me you understood my opinion.
Sep 19, 2016 8:24 PM

Dec 2014
"I'll crush her(Refered to her own First Name) soul then grind it into powder and throw it in flames.Then when only the surname remains she will kill."
And this dialogue "Until death I'll think how I lost Her(again Refered to igsem First Name)."

This conversation hit me hard.

Sep 19, 2016 8:53 PM
Feb 2015
Zefyris said:
ixarising said:

'fraid you're thinking of another type of relationship than the one between publishers and anime studio in japan. The anime studio isn't paying to get the right to use the material, they are paid to do a precise job and that's it. Those are the relationship between a company and a promotional/advertisement company we're talking here. At best, there's a limited time for which they cannot take someone else, but that would be it. Because the anime studio isn't buying any right like you would see for a producer wanting to adapt a book or something here. They're paid to do X episodes on Y material, and that's it.
As a matter of fact, numerous second series in anime were made by a studio different from the first one. It's regularly happening for LN adaptation, and sometimes with as little as 6 months between the end of the first and the beginning of the second (example : log horizon).

i'll say it again, Madhouse doesn't have the power to stop Dengeki Bunko from doing a second season if DB wants it.

Except if it's not profitable to Madhouse then they can't force them to. Remember this is all business, even Madhouse won't agree to something that is disadvantages to them, they're bounded by contract. Madhouse won't be so stupid to allow Dengeki to make a 1-sided contract that may potentially screw them over.

Of course not saying you're wrong, should the anime be a success then yes Dengeki can make Madhouse produce another one since it has the condition to make Madhouse create another season, but if it's not successful as an anime, no studio would want to produce it anymore. There is no way the studio won't prioritize their own company over Dengeki or any other publishers.
Sep 19, 2016 11:49 PM
Jan 2009
Zefyris said:

Jean appears at the very beginning of the 3rd volume so after exactly 2 volumes of story.

If we are talking Light Novels, Jean existance was foreshadowed since LN1 ending
Sep 20, 2016 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
ixarising said:
Zefyris said:

Except if it's not profitable to Madhouse then they can't force them to. Remember this is all business, even Madhouse won't agree to something that is disadvantages to them, they're bounded by contract. Madhouse won't be so stupid to allow Dengeki to make a 1-sided contract that may potentially screw them over.

Of course not saying you're wrong, should the anime be a success then yes Dengeki can make Madhouse produce another one since it has the condition to make Madhouse create another season, but if it's not successful as an anime, no studio would want to produce it anymore. There is no way the studio won't prioritize their own company over Dengeki or any other publishers.

You didn't understood what I said. Nothing stop Dengeki Bunko to pick another studio is madhouse doesn't want to do another season, because it's DB who decides if there 's going to be another one, and not madhouse.
The only right MAdhouse has is indeed to refuse to do a second one themselves, but many anime has their second seasons done by someone else than the first seasons with no problem.
Actually, not really for the last part. Because AFAIK studios ' income for that kind of adaptation is quite dependant on what DB pays anyway, so BD/DVD sales being low may push other studios to ask for a higher pay in order to do it, but I doubt they would refuse. If that wasn't the case then most studios would be bankrupt by now. Lots of anime series don't sell more than 500-700 per BD. And since rental stores that are numerous in japan will buy them anyway, this cannot go that much lower than that even if it's not in the chart. So they're kind of guaranteed minimum sales + what the publisher paid. It's normal to negotiate, but I doubt all studios are in a good enough position to refuse from DB. While it may not lead to a huge financial success, it's better than nothing for them.

Dark_Kain said:
Zefyris said:

Jean appears at the very beginning of the 3rd volume so after exactly 2 volumes of story.

If we are talking Light Novels, Jean existance was foreshadowed since LN1 ending

I see, didn't remember that line.
Even better, then.
Sep 20, 2016 4:11 AM
Feb 2015
Zefyris said:
You didn't understood what I said. Nothing stop Dengeki Bunko to pick another studio is madhouse doesn't want to do another season, because it's DB who decides if there 's going to be another one, and not madhouse.
The only right MAdhouse has is indeed to refuse to do a second one themselves, but many anime has their second seasons done by someone else than the first seasons with no problem.
Actually, not really for the last part. Because AFAIK studios ' income for that kind of adaptation is quite dependant on what DB pays anyway, so BD/DVD sales being low may push other studios to ask for a higher pay in order to do it, but I doubt they would refuse. If that wasn't the case then most studios would be bankrupt by now. Lots of anime series don't sell more than 500-700 per BD. And since rental stores that are numerous in japan will buy them anyway, this cannot go that much lower than that even if it's not in the chart. So they're kind of guaranteed minimum sales + what the publisher paid. It's normal to negotiate, but I doubt all studios are in a good enough position to refuse from DB. While it may not lead to a huge financial success, it's better than nothing for them.

No it's you don't understand, publishers and studios signs a contract when they want a work to become animated. This is to ensure that both sides have a mutual agreement and are protected by the law.

The studios wouldn't want to animate something if they don't have assurance that someone else won't steal their work from right under their nose. The contract exist to ensure that any publishers won't randomly go back on their words, like perhaps if another studio maybe Bones for example approaches Dengeki for Alderamin with a better offer, Dengeki can't simply say yes and tell Madhouse we don't need you anymore. That would cause lots of problem to the studio especially if they already started working on the anime. So right now Madhouse is the sole studio that holds that contract to animate Alderamin, if Dengeki finds another studio to animate Alderamin, Dengeki is under a breach of contract and Madhouse can sue them for that.

The only way Dengeki can find another studio is
A) Madhouse agrees to allow another studio to replace them, Madhouse is the only studio that holds the right to animate Alderamin and no other studios.
B) The contract states that Dengeki can find another studio to animate Alderamin if Madhouse gives up on it.

ixarisingSep 20, 2016 4:18 AM
Sep 20, 2016 4:14 AM

Apr 2013
ixarising said:
Zefyris said:

No it's you don't understand, publishers and studios signs a contract when they want a work to become animated. This is to ensure that both sides have a mutual agreement and are protected by law. The studios wouldn't want to animate something if they don't have assurance that someone else won't steal their work. So right now Madhouse is the studio that holds that contract to animate Alderamin, if Dengeki finds another studio to animate Alderamin, Dengeki is under a breach of contract and Madhouse can sue them for that.

A) Madhouse agrees to allow another studio to replace them, Madhouse is the only studio that holds the right to animate Alderamin and no other studios.
B) The contract states that Dengeki can find another studio to animate Alderamin if Madhouse gives up on it.

Madhouse doens't hold such right. They are paid to animate, they are not paying to get a hold on copyrights. there is no "stealing" their work.
As I said before anime studios in those case are similar to an advertisement company. They are paid to make an advertisement, but they don't hold the right to stop the owner to also go a few months later to another advertisement company.
There are many anime that proved already that it's working like that.

I don't think you're realizing that you're suggesting doesn't make sense. The publisher is BUYING a product (here, an anime about one of their title). When you buy a car from company A, are you signing a contract preventing you to buy a car from another company as long as company A doesn't want to? Of course not. What you'rte thinking of is a producer who wants to make a movie and pay to have the licence of doing it to the original owner of the source material. In that case, obviously, the contract will have close to avoid another producer to buy the rights as well any time soon. He's paying money to have the right, so that's obvious.
For anime, it works in reverse. The anime studio isn't paying the publisher/author to have the right to do it. They're just selling a custom made product.
ZefyrisSep 20, 2016 4:24 AM
Sep 20, 2016 4:24 AM
Feb 2015
Zefyris said:
ixarising said:

No it's you don't understand, publishers and studios signs a contract when they want a work to become animated. This is to ensure that both sides have a mutual agreement and are protected by law. The studios wouldn't want to animate something if they don't have assurance that someone else won't steal their work. So right now Madhouse is the studio that holds that contract to animate Alderamin, if Dengeki finds another studio to animate Alderamin, Dengeki is under a breach of contract and Madhouse can sue them for that.

Madhouse doens't hold such right. They are paid to animate, they are not paying to get a hold on copyrights. there is no "stealing" their work.
As I said before anime studios in those case are similar to an advertisement company. They are paid to make an advertisement, but they don't hold the right to stop the owner to also go a few months later to another advertisement company.

What do you mean by have no such right? You clearly have zero understanding of business. Every studio works base on contracts.

If there's no contract limiting Dengeki then if another studios e.g. Bones approaches Dengeki with a better offer for Alderamin, Dengeki can immediately say no to Madhouse. If the studio already started on the anime, do you know how much lost will Madhouse incur. If there's no contract, they can't even demand for compensation from Dengeki for going back on their word.

There's no company that's so dumb to allow something so unfavorable for them to happen, it's natural that every studio would want to protect their profit, so Madhouse is the sole holder of the contract.
Sep 20, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2013
ixarising said:
Zefyris said:

What do you mean by have no such right? You clearly have zero understanding of business.

If there's no contract limiting Dengeki then if another studios e.g. Bones approaches Dengeki with a better offer for Alderamin, Dengeki can immediately say no to Madhouse. If the studio already started on the anime, do you know how much lost will Madhouse incur. If there's no contract, they can't even demand for compensation.

There's no company that's so dumb to allow something so unfavorable for them to happen, it's natural that every studio would want to protect their profit, so Madhouse is the sole holder of the contract.

Read back everything above. you're not reading completely, aren't you -_-.
If DB goes to Bones after having Madhouse starts the anime, then since they PAID madhouse to do it, obviously Madhouse is winning here. They got the money without needing to continue working on the product. DB will just get a loss of money since they'll have to buy it again from Bones. That would be stupid. It's like paying for a car, but not going to get it and buy another car from another company. The one with a loss is you, not the first company you bought the car from.
Sep 20, 2016 4:36 AM
Feb 2015
Zefyris said:
ixarising said:

What do you mean by have no such right? You clearly have zero understanding of business.

If there's no contract limiting Dengeki then if another studios e.g. Bones approaches Dengeki with a better offer for Alderamin, Dengeki can immediately say no to Madhouse. If the studio already started on the anime, do you know how much lost will Madhouse incur. If there's no contract, they can't even demand for compensation.

If DB goes to Bones after having Madhouse starts the anime, then since they PAID madhouse to do it, obviously Madhouse is winning here. They got the money without needing to continue working on the product. DB will just get a loss of money since they'll have to buy it again from Bones. That would be stupid. It's like paying for a car, but not going to get it and buy another car from another company. The one with a loss is you, not the first company you bought the car from.

The studios are only handed down-payment through progress. Once studios start working, millions of yens are already poured into the project already. Having it halt half way is already a huge lost to the studio. The money paid to the voice actors/actress, the electricity, the payment to the worker etc. It's a still freaking huge lost for the studios.
Sep 20, 2016 4:40 AM

Apr 2013
ixarising said:
Zefyris said:

The studios are only handed down-payment through progress. Once studios start working, millions of yens are being placed in it already. Having it halt half way is already a huge lost. The money paid to the voice actress, the electricity, the payment to the worker etc. It's a still freaking huge lost for the studios.

OMG this is the last time answering yuou because you're not taking the time to read at all so it's pointless. In any contract for order made things there are cancelling rules and the one that cancels is the one that will lsoe money. We never ever talked about cancelling anything here. We talked about buying the next product from someone else than the first company. What Db bought from madhouse is a one cour series. If DB were to cancel before the end of that series then yes Madhouse would be protected. That much is OBVIOUS. Why are you even bringing that in? This is absolutely pointless to discus this. But if Db wants to go to another company for a sequel after madhouse fulfilled their contract of a one cour series, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from doing it.
Is that really THAT DIFFICULT to understand? seriously? Whatever, i'm off.
Sep 20, 2016 4:49 AM
Feb 2015
Zefyris said:
ixarising said:

The studios are only handed down-payment through progress. Once studios start working, millions of yens are being placed in it already. Having it halt half way is already a huge lost. The money paid to the voice actress, the electricity, the payment to the worker etc. It's a still freaking huge lost for the studios.

OMG this is the last time answering yuou because you're not taking the time to read at all so it's pointless. In any contract for order made things there are cancelling rules and the one that cancels is the one that will lsoe money. We never ever talked about cancelling anything here. We talked about buying the next product from someone else than the first company. What Db bought from madhouse is a one cour series. If DB were to cancel before the end of that series then yes Madhouse would be protected. That much is OBVIOUS. Why are you even bringing that in? This is absolutely pointless to discus this. But if Db wants to go to another company for a sequel after madhouse fulfilled their contract of a one cour series, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from doing it.
Is that really THAT DIFFICULT to understand? seriously? Whatever, i'm off.

I understand what you're saying but remember studios generally keep their contracts in a way that they can be in charge of a sequel too, in the scenario where they want to create a sequel. That's why i said earlier in my point.

A) Madhouse agrees to allow another studio to replace them.

That means both side agrees to the change of studios. And changing studios isn't all that simple too. It's not a matter of you want to change and you can change, there's another different cost involved there too, which is quite costly. This is why publishers don't just jump ship to another studio randomly.
Sep 20, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2015
These characters are so fucked up.
Ikta doesn't give a shit about the Sinnack but instantly wants to save Yatori? I buy that, but it's a terrible way to decide battle moves.
Freckle girl realized people die in a war after how long exactly? One would think the hundreds of fallen comrades before her buddies would have been a dead giveaway.
Meanwhile Yatori proves once more she would have made a great SS-Obersturmbannführer.
How do they plan to get away with 600 men against 12,000? If they pull that off against an opponent who is supposed to be just as clever as Ikta, I call bullshit.
Sep 20, 2016 2:41 PM

Apr 2013
TrashDax said:
These characters are so fucked up.
Ikta doesn't give a shit about the Sinnack but instantly wants to save Yatori? I buy that, but it's a terrible way to decide battle moves.
Freckle girl realized people die in a war after how long exactly? One would think the hundreds of fallen comrades before her buddies would have been a dead giveaway.
Meanwhile Yatori proves once more she would have made a great SS-Obersturmbannführer.
How do they plan to get away with 600 men against 12,000? If they pull that off against an opponent who is supposed to be just as clever as Ikta, I call bullshit.

-No, you don't get it. Not going to the rescue of the sinaks is losing all the sinaks (as without nanaq the sinaks aren't going to follow the imperial army) AND Yatori AND her Platoon as well. So not going to the rescue is losing 200 men in a 700 men army+ the local support + the knowledge of the local paths in the mountain.
You've got not choice here.

-No, you don't get it. What Suya is pissed off about is that Ikta doesn't seem to give a shit about the fact that his decision to save his former enemies after they did a blunder costed the life of his own men. She lost a dozen of friend in order to save peoples that were pointing their weapon at them two days earlier.
This is simply realistic. Do you expect the soldiers to be happy about cooperating on the battlefield with peoples that killed so many of theirs? The sinaks aren't happy about cooperating, and the imperial army isn't as well. The show is just showing you that, which is an ESSENTIAL part to show. I would call that show bad if it didn't take that point in account.

-or maybe you just don't get he circumstances. She doesn't really have a choice to begin with.

-You don't get it. The point isn't to win with a 600 against 12k. It's to delay them by 2 days with the 600, so that the 1400 others come to help, and then delay them 6 more days with the whole 2000 against 12k. It's not about battling fair and square on open field against an opponent several times more numerous, but about playing cat and mouse during a few day. Burning forest, guerilla tactics, whatever works to gain the necessary time and then retreat if possible.
Sep 20, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2015
I really liked how they differentiated between Strategy and Tactics. Not certain I've seen that in an anime before.

The key way Ikta phrased what he said to Yatori: "When you're ordered to kill me" and not "If you're ordered to kill me". Ikta has no illusions about how the Empire is run. This anime is very, very good.
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 21, 2016 8:34 AM

Sep 2016
I admit this show bored for quite a while with Ikta being a huge mary sue, glad to finally see the alderamin''version of reinhard von lohengramm, giving Ikta a run for his money.

A shame we only have 2 episodes left.
Sep 21, 2016 8:03 PM

Jun 2013
Everyone likes to draw up a fabricated reality of what they believe to be true about things to boast some sort of intelligence.

Do you know what makes a series receive a second season? Money.
Do you know what Light Novel authors do? They make an anime so you buy their LN.
Why? Because it gives it more attraction to wanting to continue the series and give him more profit as an author at the same time.

That's the reality of most anime. If the author continues releasing content, another anime series will come into play but not likely anytime soon, because it will have enough attention from these 13 episodes to last until another release is necessary to get more people to buy the LN if that makes sense.

Summary: LN profits > anime profits.

Another season could even be released very quickly if LN profits are high enough or even if the anime is insanely marginal too. And considering most of you guys illegally watch these online, it only ruins the hopes and dreams we all share.

As for all the beef about who has a contract with who. Madhouse is a 10/10 anime studio with amazing artistry, selling its contract to another studio in my honest opinion would not be beneficial for anyone. You have to factor in that when you make a contract with an anime studio they hold the rights unless the publisher and studio agree to retract the contract which will mean paying the studio off and then when the publisher decides on a new studio, hypothetically speaking, the past animations aren't given to them and it doesn't continue with the same animation textures/characters/scenery, everything will be changed based on how that studio goes through with animating the content.

There's alot at work with anime, but in reality it's all based on profits. Usually that of the Light Novels. Hope this annoying essay helped with explaining the background information that goes about when deciding on another season/changing studios.
Sep 21, 2016 11:08 PM

Feb 2012
The battle in this episode is a perfect metaphor for all the problems I have about this anime. They built a wall in the middle of the woods and it worked. At no point did the enemy, even with the unsleeping genius, think to try to go around it and trap them. Encirclement is the textbook way of annihilating a military force. Now I know there was the forest fire that was still going in places, but the fact Ikta's own platoon was in the forest around the wall shows the enemy could have gone there too.

My problem with this anime is that it is a facade of actual intelligence. It uses the correct terminology, but does not apply them in a manner that suggests the anime actually understands the concepts it speaks of. It knows that walls are good on the defense and even understands that misplaced units will block the fire of other friendly forces. However, it doesn't understand why someone would even attack the wall when there are clearly better options.

I do have to admit that I can't lay blame on the source material because I haven't read it. These battles could be plausible if the terrain was perfect for it. I doubt it, but I don't know. I can clearly say that the animators look like they don't know how terrain effects tactics so they may have just visualized it incorrectly. It's easier to just put every battle in a vegetationless canyon and call it good. It's easier to draw so it is also cheaper.
Sep 22, 2016 12:30 AM
Feb 2015
Phaetons_Folly said:
The battle in this episode is a perfect metaphor for all the problems I have about this anime. They built a wall in the middle of the woods and it worked. At no point did the enemy, even with the unsleeping genius, think to try to go around it and trap them. Encirclement is the textbook way of annihilating a military force. Now I know there was the forest fire that was still going in places, but the fact Ikta's own platoon was in the forest around the wall shows the enemy could have gone there too.

My problem with this anime is that it is a facade of actual intelligence. It uses the correct terminology, but does not apply them in a manner that suggests the anime actually understands the concepts it speaks of. It knows that walls are good on the defense and even understands that misplaced units will block the fire of other friendly forces. However, it doesn't understand why someone would even attack the wall when there are clearly better options.

I do have to admit that I can't lay blame on the source material because I haven't read it. These battles could be plausible if the terrain was perfect for it. I doubt it, but I don't know. I can clearly say that the animators look like they don't know how terrain effects tactics so they may have just visualized it incorrectly. It's easier to just put every battle in a vegetationless canyon and call it good. It's easier to draw so it is also cheaper.

That part was explained though, the path to go around is small and it takes a longer time too, so only a small amount of troops can pass through and at a longer time, at least compared to the strategy used by Jean, the time used is substantially less. Sure Jean's strategy resulted in more casualties on his side too but it also reduces the retreat time of their enemies.

Besides, if you know your enemy has a capable strategy, you wouldn't take the encirclement method easily especially in the enemy territory. They know the area better than you and they can prepare traps before hand. That's more disadvantage than charging from the front.
Sep 22, 2016 12:46 AM

Jun 2013
Phaetons_Folly said:
Sure Jean's strategy resulted in more casualties on his side too but it also reduces the retreat time of their enemies.

This.

The idea behind a war involving actual strategy is to force your opponent into a corner where you can predict what they'll do easier, therefore giving you an accurate idea of how to go about your next strategy. Jean sacrifices men in order to achieve said goal. I don't really like Jean, he seems like he's a very book smart kind of officer. He'll view all aspects of war thoroughly based on historical and basic etiquettes of war, which is extremely flawed and unreliable if you're up against a competent enemy. But who knows, I'm only assuming such a thing.

Episode 12 is released in raw format, it'll probably be about a day before the subbed versions placed onto sites. Exciting.
LaurieSep 22, 2016 5:04 PM
Sep 22, 2016 3:52 AM

Apr 2013
Phaetons_Folly said:

omg no. Did you not realize that the path used was the only place without flame? That they didn't go around because they CAN'T ? BEcause there is peoples on the imperial side that patrol the forest and check the fire, and makes sure it cannot be passed if places are starting to extinguish? They PURPOSELY let the fire extinguish on this passage alone. it was said in the anime just as well. Jean even commentated that "it's like they want us to go there". Did you not heard how soldiers in the forest each side of the road were commentating about how hot it was ? And they were just like 2 meters away from the path. They were very close of the fire already where they were. There was not enough place to have whole platoons progress in such narrow place. They would also risk to get caught between the enemy and the fire if they were to try that. That's why you only had on both side riflemen /xbows users here that were i ntheir respective side of the battle, and no assault troops.
And there was peoples on the La saia alderamin side in the forest as well. Where do you think those riflemen were?

Although I'll agree with you that animators since the start have been clearly showing that they don't have a clue about how to make a correct visual for the battles described in the original material. Several times I cringed when I saw the blunders made anime side that the original author avoided successfully. That's the problem of an adaptation when the original works deals with very specific knowledge like tactics and strategies. The author may have the proper knowledge, but you can be sure that the anime studio is lacking it, so even with the supervision it will still have blunders here and there .
ZefyrisSep 22, 2016 4:04 AM
Sep 22, 2016 7:41 AM

Sep 2013
Is Yatori going to lose her humanity after all?
Sep 22, 2016 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
The partnership of Ikta & Yatori is really something else! They both knew each other thinks and made a quick decision of saving more then sacrifice a little rather than saving your own team but all perish.
Suya can hate Ikta all she wants but what Ikta's doing is for the better of all his allies.
On the next episode, looks like there will be ambush from those hoodies that are a match with swordfight with Yatori.
4/5.

Sep 23, 2016 8:06 PM

Mar 2009
Why would Yatori kill Ikta? Why would they ever become enemies?
Sep 23, 2016 8:13 PM
Feb 2015
Mormegil said:

Politics perhaps. Maybe something like Ikta gains fame and power, someone high ranking, maybe a noble don't like it, triggers a riot then blames it on Ikta, Yatori receives order to kill him.
Sep 24, 2016 3:58 AM

Aug 2011
Mormegil said:

Coup d'etat in the empire maybe?
Oct 1, 2016 6:48 PM

Feb 2013
Yatori gave a great answer for how she would kill Ikta if ordered to. This episode certainly did remind us that they are two halves of the same whole.
Oct 4, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, intense episode. Looks like Ikta vs Jean is a pretty good strategic battle, and Jean realizes that information is a pretty good thing to come away from a battle with. Yatori's answer about what she'd do if she had to kill Ikta ... dang lol, that's some heavy stuff at the end. First off about having to do things against your values, then what she said about basically killing the part of her that cared about him ... and then Ikta's reply, "I'll think about how I lost you" T_T BAE PLEASE ... lol. They really think as one when they went to save the Sinack huh? I wonder how this is gonna end with only 2 episodes left :O
Oct 6, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2009
I am getting tired of this...
Oct 14, 2016 9:23 AM

Apr 2014
Ahh, I almost fell asleep.
Nov 6, 2016 3:40 PM

May 2012
Pretty good episode, looking forward to see what the last two episodes will have to offer and how this series will end!
Dec 16, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2012
Insane said:

Ikta: "Hey Yatori, when you're ordered to kill me... If you can't refuse it, how are you going to do it?"

Yatori: "First, I will do everything I can to kill yatorishino. I'll rip apart her soul, grind it to powder, and throw that powder on the flame so that she'll never come back to life. After everything is done, the one remaining Igsem will kill you.

Ikta: "Then, until the moment two blades sever my neck, I'll think about how I lost you."

I hope to Kamisama that Ikta and Yatori don't become enemies but if they do it would turn out to be such an amazing anime regardless because neither of them would allow the other to die without attempting something insane.

As you can see by the final dialogue between the two of them, she said she would exterminate herself and her clan if she were ever ordered to kill Ikta, this devotion to eachother that they share is profound and I absolutely love it. So hard to find anime with quality relationships like these and good plot, sadly it's always supported by Madhouse studio.

This anime really gives people a reality check about warfare, that's for sure. This episode showed Ikta honestly outclassing the army of Alderamin. It was a predicted failure as stated by Jean but they're holding on well nonetheless. A war without causalities isn't a war at all, so the minor deaths suffered in Ikta's light squadron were inevitable and it's better to lose those supporting characters than the sword swinging babes Yatori and Nana. It was awesome how Ikta was spectating Yatori as he decided on what he should do about saving the front line, and how they trusted each other to just go off on a whim expecting the results they achieved. Especially the scene where Ikta didn't flinch remotely when Nana shouted that he was being attacked from behind because he trusted Yatori to protect him wholeheartedly.

Yatori x Ikta is life man. This anime has risen to my top 5 anime and it's an utter shame that it seems to only be 13 episodes long. If there's not another season I will probably cry before going out to buy every single volume/chapter of the novel/manga. Because I mean, the studio behind this anime is Madhouse so the likelihood of a sequel is basically impossible. RIP my heart and my wallet.

GOD I LOVE THIS ANIME :/

You're on point there dude. I was jumping around shipping ikta to different girls because i feel their relationship was rather platonic but this moment cement my Ikta X Yatori ship and it truly added a depth to their relationship .
Dec 17, 2016 4:49 AM

Jun 2013
gino_san said:
Insane said:

Ikta: "Hey Yatori, when you're ordered to kill me... If you can't refuse it, how are you going to do it?"

Yatori: "First, I will do everything I can to kill yatorishino. I'll rip apart her soul, grind it to powder, and throw that powder on the flame so that she'll never come back to life. After everything is done, the one remaining Igsem will kill you.

Ikta: "Then, until the moment two blades sever my neck, I'll think about how I lost you."

I hope to Kamisama that Ikta and Yatori don't become enemies but if they do it would turn out to be such an amazing anime regardless because neither of them would allow the other to die without attempting something insane.

As you can see by the final dialogue between the two of them, she said she would exterminate herself and her clan if she were ever ordered to kill Ikta, this devotion to eachother that they share is profound and I absolutely love it. So hard to find anime with quality relationships like these and good plot, sadly it's always supported by Madhouse studio.

This anime really gives people a reality check about warfare, that's for sure. This episode showed Ikta honestly outclassing the army of Alderamin. It was a predicted failure as stated by Jean but they're holding on well nonetheless. A war without causalities isn't a war at all, so the minor deaths suffered in Ikta's light squadron were inevitable and it's better to lose those supporting characters than the sword swinging babes Yatori and Nana. It was awesome how Ikta was spectating Yatori as he decided on what he should do about saving the front line, and how they trusted each other to just go off on a whim expecting the results they achieved. Especially the scene where Ikta didn't flinch remotely when Nana shouted that he was being attacked from behind because he trusted Yatori to protect him wholeheartedly.

Yatori x Ikta is life man. This anime has risen to my top 5 anime and it's an utter shame that it seems to only be 13 episodes long. If there's not another season I will probably cry before going out to buy every single volume/chapter of the novel/manga. Because I mean, the studio behind this anime is Madhouse so the likelihood of a sequel is basically impossible. RIP my heart and my wallet.

GOD I LOVE THIS ANIME :/

You're on point there dude. I was jumping around shipping ikta to different girls because i feel their relationship was rather platonic but this moment cement my Ikta X Yatori ship and it truly added a depth to their relationship .

I wasn't lying when I said I'd buy all the light novels/manga for this series, I went out and did it. Cost is worth. Sooooo good ugh. MadHouse makes me cry sometimes.
Dec 27, 2016 11:37 PM

Mar 2015
Ikta had to deal with the losses of those under him as well, it's tough being a military leader!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 31, 2017 7:39 AM

Aug 2013
Feel bad for poor Ikta seriously.. the sad boy never wanted to be a part of any of these.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» YATORI

Bijou146 - Aug 31, 2023

13 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 22, 9:24 PM

» Aren't the spirits completely unnecessary?

Yeetyus - Feb 9

5 by Zefyris »»
Mar 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

70 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

136 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:34 AM

» Why is the princess obsessed with Ilkta?

Aithusa21 - Jul 30, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
May 18, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.