Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 11, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
iRels said:
Dude, it's childish to not want to see gore, when dealing with life and death. You know, it's seriousness. So you'd not want it whole? You'd want to 'disable' gore in the 'options menu'? Anime isn't capable of that. Either you have it, or not. And haven't you seen most shows already disabling it? For being afraid? This one isn't. You know that you can just skip through scenes you might find too unpleasant. Not every episode appear to consist mostly of suffering. It's balanced.

It's greatly pointless. Death is cheap in this story, main characters barely even care unless plot suddenly requires him to care, even his psychological problems are cured faster than common cold, this show as many others that focus on gore and cheap shock often lead to darkness induced apathy when you don't really need to care. Attack On Titan existed only for purpose of showing us death or suffering of all characters. Protagonist is effectively immortal only to show us more gore.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jul 11, 2016 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
probably because that is what's in nowadays. or the writer is an emo teen.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jul 11, 2016 8:43 AM
May 2016
kamisama751 said:
JkayW said:
As you all know, Re:Zero is objectively bad.

But let's not state the obvious.

With it's cliche characters, terrible world building, horrendous meta commentary and horrible usage of an interesting concept. I'm pretty bored. But something has striked me.

The villain. Do we really want some KKK insane nazi loser or is he going actually have some concrete motivation? I can't stand boring ass black and white characters. This show is generic enough.

Also, Rem getting dislocated in front of Subaru's eyes was pretty edgy for edgy. How far do you think it'll go?

I rate the latest episode 1 broken spinal cord and 4 dislocated rem limbs out of 10.

Amaing post bro. <333333333333333333333333333333333333333
Also I support you. Re:Zero truly sucks.

I'll see you next episode bro.
Jul 11, 2016 8:47 AM
May 2016
ernst said:

You unironically love Berserk but can't comprehend why people like this show? Oh boy.
Jul 11, 2016 8:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Koyomo said:
ernst said:

You unironically love Berserk but can't comprehend why people like this show? Oh boy.

Which is funny to me since i have seen quite a good number of people in the episode thread that loved this episode and compared it to Berserk.
Jul 11, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
Smudy said:
Koyomo said:

Which is funny to me since i have seen quite a good number of people in the episode thread that loved this episode and compared it to Berserk.

Cuz Berserk have better writing than this emo teen series. And last time I checked, I still have the Berserk manga at fave but dropped the score from 10 to 8. I love it as I grew up reading it but I won't pretend it is still a masterpiece.
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
Jul 11, 2016 8:54 AM

Mar 2010
Smudy said:
Koyomo said:

Certain MAL users being hypocitiies and only say shit to troll? Who would have though?
Jul 11, 2016 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
Jagd84 said:
Smudy said:

Certain MAL users being hypocitiies and only say shit to troll? Who would have though?

read my post above
Jul 11, 2016 8:57 AM

Oct 2015
ernst said:
Smudy said:

Cuz Berserk have better writing than this emo teen series. And last time I checked, I still have the Berserk manga at fave but dropped the score from 10 to 8. I love it as I grew up reading it but I won't pretend it is still a masterpiece.

This comes out of nowhere but i actually just finished the original anime of Berserk the same day i watched this episode, and this episode had more of an impact to me. To be fair i had a pretty good idea regarding what happened at the end of Berserk so that may have lowered the impact of the last episodes for me.
Jul 11, 2016 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Koyomo said:
ernst said:

Oh boy you telling me it is not because their emo teens? Oh boy.
Jul 11, 2016 9:00 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
ernst said:
Koyomo said:

Even if you shove it in everyone's faces with a not so adult-like manner, i can still respect you with Clannad AS in your favorites :>
Jul 11, 2016 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
Smudy said:
ernst said:

Even if you shove it in everyone's faces with a not so adult-like manner, i can still respect you with Clannad AS in your favorites :>

Good that we agree on something.
Jul 11, 2016 9:02 AM
Apr 2016
Aren't you dedicating too much time trolling and baiting people using a show you like xD
Jul 11, 2016 9:10 AM

May 2012
lmao at the tryharding. dude this is newfag level bait. seen many bites tho so w/e, im enjoying all these butthurts.
Jul 11, 2016 9:14 AM

Oct 2015
ipurin said:
lmao at the tryharding. dude this is newfag level bait. seen many bites tho so w/e, im enjoying all these butthurts.

Can you give me some of that popcorn?

*sitting and waiting for the baiting
Jul 11, 2016 9:17 AM

Jul 2015
Gonzak said:
ipurin said:

Mind if I join ya?

This is entertaining yet so disappointing at the same time
Jul 11, 2016 9:21 AM

Apr 2015
Which is better? Crunchyroll or Daisuki.net?

How about... Kissanime?
Jul 11, 2016 9:23 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

terminador_2397 said:
Gonzak said:

Mind if I join ya?

dont forget me ! i want some too !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 11, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
DatRandomDude said:

terminador_2397 said:

Mind if I join ya?

dont forget me ! i want some too !

Welcome aboard m8!
Jul 11, 2016 9:30 AM

Jul 2016
Koyomo said:
ernst said:

Even comparing this series to Berserk is an insult to the latter (talking about the manga here). Just wtf
Jul 11, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2015
Omni_slash95 said:
Koyomo said:

Even comparing this series to Berserk is an insult to the latter (talking about the manga here). Just wtf

It's the same. They use gore (and in case of Berserk rape) as cheap shock value.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 11, 2016 9:35 AM

Oct 2014
Gonzak said:
Shrimperor said:

which, in turn, makes me feel nothing about his deaths, unlike in the previous Arcs.

To be fair that is a normal ocurrence when the MC can "reset/time travel/jump to another timeline/allies can revive" in a series. The viewer eventually become numb to death which makes it inconsequential, so they have to resort to other stuff to stimulate the viewers sense of danger in the show. Even if you like the MC if he keeps dying and returning then you jsut dont start caring eventually.

Nope, in S;G i cared all the way through and was screaming enough
Until my heart became numb because i cared too much.
Here, in Arc2 i cared because he was a likeable character, but in Arc3 i don't feel a shit and thus the impact lessened, alot. The only character i care about in Re:Zero atm is Rem.
ShrimperorJul 11, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 11, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
JkayW said:
As you all know, Re:Zero is objectively bad. But let's not state the obvious

Stop being a cancerous pretentious elitist faggot. Sarcasm or not, you are one of the reasons why the anime community is aids. Stop using edgy as an insult or criticism. It isn't and no one is going to listen to u, if u don't have constructive criticism or evidence for ur assertion.

Jul 11, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
JkayW said:
TeamDalaiLana said:
Dedicating so much time and effort on hate is not a good way to live.

Seek help.

>i don't like when people have opinion that are different from my own. WAHHH WAHHH

Denying other peoples perspectives is not a good way to live
JkayW said:
TeamDalaiLana said:
Dedicating so much time and effort on hate is not a good way to live.

Seek help.

>i don't like when people have opinion that are different from my own. WAHHH WAHHH

Denying other peoples perspectives is not a good way to live

U are contradicting urself and u are condescending. I'm not even read anymore from this post.

Jul 11, 2016 10:11 AM
Oct 2010
Sometimes791 said:
Omni_slash95 said:

It's the same. They use gore (and in case of Berserk rape) as cheap shock value.

In both cases none are used for shock value, it's meant to amplify the ordeal the character is going through and the brutality of the world and its antagonists. People love to throw around the term cheap shock value, but much like the term cringeworthy it really has no meaning unless explained. Shock value adds absolutely nothing to a scene or a show, this and Berserk is completely different.
Jul 11, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
Edgy thread is edgy.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 11, 2016 10:19 AM

Nov 2011

lalalalalal, I am not reading it. lalalala

Jul 11, 2016 10:24 AM

Apr 2013
kamisama751 said:
Fall said:
but it's starting to develop one.

I hear that everytime.

The reason I say this is because Super Eccentric Villain #502 was just introduced, along with the witch cultists finally coming out of the shadows. It's quite clear that Subaru is now going to confront him head-on, which subsequently means that more information is going to be revealed about the witch and her motives. With that information, we can finally get some context. We can finally find out something about why Subaru is here, what the witch wants to do (and possibly why) and what Subaru is going to do about it. Because the witch is presumably the reason why Subaru is in this world, it stands to reason that all the answers lie with her.

This is why I say that Re: Zero is on the verge of developing a sense of direction.
Jul 11, 2016 10:24 AM

Jul 2015
kamisama751 said:
Why do I smell baity things in your post?

What are you talking about? Do you think that Berserk is better than Re:Zero?!

Jul 11, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2015

You didn't do that!!
Jul 11, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2013
kamisama751 said:

This is also the reason why people say that everytime and get disapproved.

Woosh.

That went over my head. I don't follow.
Jul 11, 2016 10:37 AM

Apr 2013

What is the reason why people say this every time and get disapproved?

Forgive my lack of reading comprehension. It's 3:30 in the morning.
Jul 11, 2016 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
kamisama751 said:
How can you doge a "bait" that is too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough to be one in the first place?

What are you talking about? Who doged what?
Jul 11, 2016 10:42 AM

Oct 2015
kamisama751 said:

How can you doge a "bait" that is too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough to be one in the first place?

Maybe we should stop, this is going into yaoi territory.
Jul 11, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
Oh, I see.

Let me be clear that I said that it has the potential to get better if it does things in a certain way. If LN/WN readers are to be trusted, the build-up arcs are over and this is the execution arc, where things are finally being unveiled.

Have faith in anonymous, self-proclaimed source material readers.

Have faith in Re: Zero.

Have faith in anime.
I am not responsible for any future disappointment

Bad writing isn't always constant throughout the entire show.

Hyouka is a perfect example of mediocre/semi-decent writing in the initial episodes and better writing in the second half.
FallJul 11, 2016 10:51 AM
Jul 11, 2016 10:46 AM

Oct 2012
JkayW said:
As you all know, Re:Zero is objectively bad.

But let's not state the obvious.

With it's cliche characters, terrible world building, horrendous meta commentary and horrible usage of an interesting concept. I'm pretty bored. But something has striked me.

The villain. Do we really want some KKK insane nazi loser or is he going actually have some concrete motivation? I can't stand boring ass black and white characters. This show is generic enough.

Also, Rem getting dislocated in front of Subaru's eyes was pretty edgy for edgy. How far do you think it'll go?

I rate the latest episode 1 broken spinal cord and 4 dislocated rem limbs out of 10.

Looks like the OP is edgier than the anime. If edgy is """objectively""" bad, what does that say about the OP?
Jul 11, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
Thread locked

The OP comes off as baiting and the rest of the thread turned into a giant flame/bait fest. Even though I hate re:zero too, making a bait thread like this is pointless. Make a review or a blog if you wish to give your thoughts on a show. The forums are for discussion topics.

"As you all know, Re:Zero is objectively bad." is obviously baiting, which is against the Site rules.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Ferris and Subaru

Daddi4900 - Jun 3

10 by Daddi4900 »»
Jun 5, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1724 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 3:39 AM

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.