Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2016 5:11 AM

Apr 2010
OneGuy said:
I used Natsume Yuujinchou San for one category, and plan to use Natsume Yuujinchou Shi for another category.

No problem, as long as there are two different entries on MAL.
Jun 29, 2016 6:46 AM

Sep 2013
Penkeychain said:
Fuuk0chan said:
Recommendations pls! ٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶

✔ Genre: everything is fine except Harem / Ecchi Stuff like HotD or something ...
✔ two-cours or less please

Thanks ♥

I compared our two lists and here's some shows I can recommend that you didn't watch:

Shirobako
Azumanga Daioh
Black Rock Shooter
Gatchaman Crowds
Koukaku no Pandora
Level E
Mai-HiME
Persona 4

Mostly from different genres so I hope you can find something you'd enjoy.

Thank you @Penkeychain, unfortunately none of these anime looks interessing to me right now - or there's no (german) subtitles ._.

Any other Recommendations pls ♥
Jun 29, 2016 2:27 PM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
Fuuk0chan said:

Thank you @Penkeychain, unfortunately none of these anime looks interessing to me right now - or there's no (german) subtitles ._.

Any other Recommendations pls ♥

No problem, I know how hard it can be to find those when you aren't that confident in your English yet.

Now I am the one looking for a recommendation; Does someone have an Anime recommendation with focus on a romantic relationship? I prefer shows with older characters (20+) and realistic portrayals, but am pretty much open-minded to anything else as well.
Shoujo-Ai, Shounen-Ai and hetero are equally fine.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Jun 29, 2016 3:54 PM

Apr 2014
Hi guys, anyone can recommend me an anime to watch? for the challenge, anything will do.

Thanks in advance :D
Jun 29, 2016 4:53 PM

Mar 2013
Ping Pong
Uchouten Kazoku
Haikyuu.

@orosan
AudioTsunamiJun 30, 2016 7:46 AM
Jun 30, 2016 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
@zombie_pegasus Thank you for suggesting Detroit Metal City. It was odd but fun, and got funnier the more I watched :)
Jun 30, 2016 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
Penkeychain said:

Now I am the one looking for a recommendation; Does someone have an Anime recommendation with focus on a romantic relationship? I prefer shows with older characters (20+) and realistic portrayals, but am pretty much open-minded to anything else as well.

Even though I haven't seen it, I think Nodame Cantabile might be what you're looking for, check it before because i'm not sure
Jun 30, 2016 9:24 AM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
orosan said:
Hi guys, anyone can recommend me an anime to watch? for the challenge, anything will do.

Azumanga Daioh - Really funny comedy with adorable girls and strange teachers.
Black Rock Shooter - Story about firendship, bonding and fighting sequences that look amazing
Bokurano - If you want your heart broken by seeing children suffer
ef - VN-Adaptation with a realistic look at some couples that form throughout the story with various mental problems
Gatchaman Crowds - A modern look at heroism, superheroes, social networks, complete with fun and multifacaded characters
Yuuki Yuuna - Magical Girl show with a twist and a really well thought-out world and story.

I rated all of these with a score between 8 - 10.

simon443 said:
Penkeychain said:

Even though I haven't seen it, I think Nodame Cantabile might be what you're looking for, check it before because i'm not sure

Thanks. It got recommended twice by now - and has no competition - so I'll go ahead and watch it.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Jun 30, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2014
Penkeychain said:
orosan said:

Azumanga Daioh - Really funny comedy with adorable girls and strange teachers.
Black Rock Shooter - Story about firendship, bonding and fighting sequences that look amazing
Bokurano - If you want your heart broken by seeing children suffer
ef - VN-Adaptation with a realistic look at some couples that form throughout the story with various mental problems
Gatchaman Crowds - A modern look at heroism, superheroes, social networks, complete with fun and multifacaded characters
Yuuki Yuuna - Magical Girl show with a twist and a really well thought-out world and story.

I rated all of these with a score between 8 - 10.

simon443 said:

Thanks. It got recommended twice by now - and has no competition - so I'll go ahead and watch it.

thanks mate :D appriciate your extra detailed input.
Jun 30, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2014
AudioTsunami said:
Ping Pong
Uchouten Kazoku
Haikyuu.

@orosan

thanks brother , added them to my list :D
Jul 1, 2016 5:50 PM

May 2014
Can someone give me a recommendation? Preferably 1 cour.
Jul 1, 2016 6:23 PM

Mar 2013
Ping Pong
Uchouten Kazoku
Sakamichi No Apollon

@secretdinosaur
Jul 1, 2016 6:25 PM

May 2014
AudioTsunami said:
Ping Pong
Uchouten Kazoku
Sakamichi No Apollon

@secretdinosaur

I've already watched those anime. :3
Jul 1, 2016 6:40 PM

Feb 2013
SecretDinosaur said:

Try these:
Aoi Bungaku
FLCL
R.O.D OVA
Jul 1, 2016 6:58 PM

May 2014
Kezone said:
SecretDinosaur said:

Try these:
Aoi Bungaku
FLCL
R.O.D OVA

Thank you. I will probably watch Aoi Bungaku.
Jul 1, 2016 10:22 PM

Mar 2013
SecretDinosaur said:
AudioTsunami said:
Ping Pong
Uchouten Kazoku
Sakamichi No Apollon

@secretdinosaur

Uchouten Kazokuu wasn't on your list earlier :3
Jul 2, 2016 2:23 AM

Jul 2014
Jul 2, 2016 6:06 AM

May 2014
AudioTsunami said:
SecretDinosaur said:

Uchouten Kazokuu wasn't on your list earlier :3

It should of been. I watched it for the 2015 anime challenge :3
Jul 2, 2016 8:04 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nocturnal said:
SheyCroix said:

to be honest I'm not sure. Since it seems that movie disregards the timelines, I don't know if all of them are around 13 or 14... I don't even know if all of them are human (lol) I would need a better research.... (sorry)

I know what you mean about the franchise doing some weird things with its timeline but from I have seen of it, when they mix different continuities the kids are still kids, unless they show as they actual adult selves. As for the aliens, I know that all characters tagged as mains are indeed human (except, perhaps, Hakuryuu, who I don't recall at all).
Will you let me know if it does indeed or should I go ahead and use it (if that one character does turn out to be human? And if not, he would still be a kid so...?)?

I'm sorry for replying late, somehow missed the notification.... but go ahead, you can use it for that item

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jul 2, 2016 4:33 PM
Apr 2014
Hello everyone. Now that another season finished I was updating my list and I was wondering if I could use Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge for the part "Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships" or if it is stretching it a bit too far?

I don't know if there is a tag I could look for so I'm a bit left hanging in the air and trying to guess which anime would fit there.
Jul 2, 2016 5:41 PM

Apr 2015
Heyyy, I was just wondering if I could use Tsuritama for the challenge ''Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships''... I think it's about friendship but I just want to be sure c: Thanks in advance~
MenewenJul 2, 2016 5:50 PM
Jul 2, 2016 10:25 PM

Oct 2011
What if an anime I want to watch is made by two studios, only one of which is a new studio for me? Does this count?
Jul 3, 2016 1:31 AM

Jul 2014
Menewen said:
Heyyy, I was just wondering if I could use Tsuritama for the challenge ''Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships''... I think it's about friendship but I just want to be sure c: Thanks in advance~

I watched it and I can confirm it's about friendship.
Jul 3, 2016 7:42 AM

Jun 2015
Tendon_Unajuu said:
What if an anime I want to watch is made by two studios, only one of which is a new studio for me? Does this count?

IIRC it says "by a studio you don't know", so I'd assume it counts.
Jul 3, 2016 8:08 AM

May 2013
phoenixguy000 said:
helenply said:
Could anyone be so kind as to recommend me something? As long as it's not ecchi, police, or already on my list it should be okay!

@helenply : Based on the anime we share, I think you'd enjoy Shin Sekai Yori or Ghost Hound.
If you want a 1-cour-only anime instead, you'd probably enjoy Lain, Baccano! or No.6.

I was actually considering Lain while making my list for other categories but I wasn't too sure about it. I'll give that one a go. Thank you!
Jul 3, 2016 9:04 PM

Feb 2013
Nagirah said:
I need a recommendation for the challenge if anyone is kind enough to help me. Preferably something you think I'd enjoy.

Alright, here are some options.

Now and Then, Here and There
Shiki
Princess Tutu
Jul 4, 2016 3:15 AM

Oct 2011
Does "Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!" satisfy the criteria for 'watch an anime with children as the main cast'?? (Gilgamesh is a kid in this one)
Jul 4, 2016 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
Does 'Mardock Scramble' count for 'Anime with a main character that is not Japanese'? Cuz I'm not so sure..
Jul 4, 2016 3:37 PM

Feb 2014
Is this where I donate banners? Here are some I made:

Thnx4dafoodJul 4, 2016 3:48 PM
Jul 4, 2016 4:05 PM

Feb 2014

and one more..

I enjoy making them ^^
Jul 5, 2016 6:10 AM

Aug 2015
Thnx4dafood said:
Is this where I donate banners?

Nice idea, but the size dimension is completely wrong; please use the MAL forum signature standards. The exact pixel height-width can be found on some FAQs.
Jul 5, 2016 6:27 AM

Dec 2008
ElKrul said:
I need a recommendation, preferably a movie. Please don't recommend me anything longer than 1 ep, since I'm already planning on watching way too many shows, and I don't want to force myself to watch something just because someone recommended it to me.
Here are some OVA/movie recommendations:

Kyousougiga
Eve no Jikan: movie
Silent Mobius: The Motion Picture
Tokyo Godfathers

Now, some of these movies/OVAs have a TV or OVA series, but storywise they are not tied together. For example, Kyousougiga was originially a one-episode OVA (which is what I'm recommending here), and then the TV series basically takes the main idea and gave it a full story (but it ends up being very different story from the OVA). As for Silent Mobius, this movie has nothing to do with the TV series, at all. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Jul 5, 2016 7:32 AM
Jul 2014
Hey, I 'd like a recommendation too. No more than 25 episodes, no ecchi, otherwise I'm fine with all genres but I'm in the mood for something with action these days ~
Thanks !
Jul 5, 2016 9:24 AM

Mar 2013
Mihyuna said:
Hey, I 'd like a recommendation too. No more than 25 episodes, no ecchi, otherwise I'm fine with all genres but I'm in the mood for something with action these days ~
Thanks !

Mousou Dairinin
Flying Witch
Gin No Saji
Jul 5, 2016 12:19 PM

Feb 2014
Puchkov said:
Thnx4dafood said:
Is this where I donate banners?

Nice idea, but the size dimension is completely wrong; please use the MAL forum signature standards. The exact pixel height-width can be found on some FAQs.

I looked up a guide on signatures and came up with this.... Is it better? (I'm a noob to sigs on mal)

Jul 5, 2016 12:46 PM

Aug 2015
Thnx4dafood said:
Puchkov said:

I looked up a guide on signatures and came up with this.... Is it better? (I'm a noob to sigs on mal)

Now it looks awesome; by the way, nice image with proper font color.
Jul 5, 2016 1:00 PM

Feb 2014
Puchkov said:
Thnx4dafood said:

Now it looks awesome; by the way, nice image with proper font color.

Thanks for informing me about the size! :)
Jul 6, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2014
Katsu-kun said:
Does 'Mardock Scramble' count for 'Anime with a main character that is not Japanese'? Cuz I'm not so sure..

Can someone answer this? =_=

Jul 6, 2016 12:52 PM

Aug 2015
Katsu-kun said:

I haven't watched that Anime, but just by looking at the main (human only) character's name, I can say that Rune Balot is not a Japanese name, therefore it counts.
Jul 7, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2009
How do we know if we've already been checked for completing the challenge? I finished it at the end of last month, and some of the people who posted later already on the list in the first post.
Jul 7, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2013

✔ Genre: everything is fine except Harem / Ecchi Stuff
✔ two-cours or less, please

Thanks ♥
Jul 7, 2016 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
Fuuk0chan said:

Thanks ♥

It seems you missed a lot of really good movies, so here are some of the best ones I've seen:

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Hotarubi no Mori e
Karigurashi no Arrietty
Jul 7, 2016 2:22 PM

Sep 2013
mozgow said:
Fuuk0chan said:

Thanks ♥

It seems you missed a lot of really good movies, so here are some of the best ones I've seen:

Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Hotarubi no Mori e
Karigurashi no Arrietty

Thank you, Movies are on my second Account :) Also want to watch a TV series
Jul 7, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
Fuuk0chan said:
mozgow said:

Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Hotarubi no Mori e
Karigurashi no Arrietty

No problem. Then how about this:
Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster
Eve no Jikan
FLCL
Jul 7, 2016 2:58 PM

Sep 2013
mozgow said:
Fuuk0chan said:

No problem. Then how about this:
Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster
Eve no Jikan
FLCL

Well, i think I choose Eve no Jikan :) thanks ♥
Jul 7, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2011
I'm thinking of watching "Kanashimi no Belladonna" for my challenge, but I noticed that it is classified as hentai? can I watch hentai for the challenge??
Jul 7, 2016 9:25 PM

Jul 2014
So I posted my turn-in form a bit over a week ago and I haven't been added to the completed list. I know sometimes it takes a while to check stuff but people who posted it after me have been added.
Jul 7, 2016 9:58 PM

Sep 2014
Tendon_Unajuu said:
I'm thinking of watching "Kanashimi no Belladonna" for my challenge, but I noticed that it is classified as hentai? can I watch hentai for the challenge??

You can use anything for the challenge, no restrictions other than for each individual challenge.
Jul 8, 2016 10:48 AM

Jun 2015
Korrailli said:
Tendon_Unajuu said:

You can use anything for the challenge, no restrictions other than for each individual challenge.

Somebody should try a pure hentai challenge on this.
Jul 8, 2016 11:26 AM

Apr 2010
TrashDax said:
Somebody should try a pure hentai challenge on this.

Umm... Some of the items might be nigh impossible. I was thinking at least the 3-cour one, but then Cream Lemon might just squirt by, as it's 38-episode long.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Why Do People Dislike Chinese Anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ames00 - Apr 1, 2018

397 by ColourWheel »»
1 minute ago

» Is there an anime character that you whole-heartedly hate? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

swirlydragon - Apr 17, 2021

200 by Saputrai »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you dislike low-resolution anime shows?

DesuMaiden - Today

49 by ColourWheel »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Best character with finite mana

Catalano - 10 hours ago

16 by Adnash »»
48 minutes ago

» The problem with most modern anime (spoilers for some series)

Ebb1993 - 3 hours ago

14 by Cielord »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.