Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2016 11:22 AM

Dec 2014
That was an intense episode full of angst.

Way too much drama or rather melodrama. The final scene with all of them crying out "It Hurts!" was pretty hard to watch.

I was expecting something like this considering the love triangle(pentagon?) that was in development last episode, I didn't really want this show to become a love drama but I suppose that was inevitable.

I don't really like it when characters go through this whole insecurity phase, But as long as they come out as better people I can look over it. Hopefully the forthcoming episodes will do that.
Jun 4, 2016 11:26 AM

Dec 2015
omg this show is cringeworthy. I stuck with it just to see this trainwreck :/. I felt like I was watching emotionally retarded people that choose to confess all at the wrong time and then everyone else is surprised when it happened. Like I think 3 people confessed in a row at the end and got turned down continuously, what the hell is this bullshit? The only way this can end well is if they all kill themselves.
Jun 4, 2016 11:27 AM
May 2016
lezerman said:
All these bad comments, i thought that the poll would be bad...
seems like the ones that don't like the episode is the ones that are commenting...

Haha, yeah, as of the time I voted, 80% of the people in the poll loved it, and another 8% liked it. But the discussion, on the other hand, is just so whiny... Guess the people who hated it felt they needed to vent or complain or something? Oh well.

I thought this episode was spectacular, best one yet, and I'm really looking forward to the rest! Anyone have a time portal into the future to send me the rest of the episodes right now so I don't have to wait a week for each one to come out? Would be much appreciated, thanks!
Jun 4, 2016 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
idk maybe it's just me but i'm starting to not like this anime anymore... this episode was such a drama fest I somehow couldn't enjoy it at all?? I like that we now know a little bit more about Agata's past but seriously the last part with the rain made me... cringe... all this "i have a one-sided crush on you" thing sounds so forced to me, it's just angst angst all over the place. I somehow can't even feel bad for the characters ._.

Well anyway it's not like i'm gonna drop this anime at this point so yeah I hope the last episodes will be better than this one. Also I'm too curious about how all this will end!
Jun 4, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
This is why you don't get "involved" with your friends, it screws everything up. I think half of the cast hate each other now.
---------My Profile------------
Jun 4, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
Well, as Urushii said, this was the inevitable outcome of the experiment, especially when you force it forward without really considering the physical and mental states of the people involved, especially when they're involved in excessively complicated love polygons that you've been toying with just for the experiment. Still, melodrama or not, I actually think this show handled it all very well for once in what was probably the best episode of what has been a relatively average series so far. The character development is starting to pay off, and I'm really liking how they're dealing with the link between Katsuhira and Sonozaki, and I am interested to see where that goes in these final three episodes.

Also, how did Nico get under that thing (can't remember what you call them) in the gym's storeroom or wherever that was? I find it hard to believe that she could've lifted it on her own, especially considering her emotional state at that particular point.
Jun 4, 2016 11:37 AM

Jul 2015
Brutal episode, but it was entertaining. Intriguing to watch them get forced into an ever closer cluster of relationships.

I would guess Katsuhira and Chidoro get together towards the end aft all btw.
Jun 4, 2016 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
.__. welp. Maybe next time they should separate guys from girls when using the Kizna system. They can't seem to be friends without involving romantic feelings. Of course, Okada. Of course.
Jun 4, 2016 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
minnydesu said:
.__. welp. Maybe next time they should separate guys from girls when using the Kizna system. They can't seem to be friends without involving romantic feelings. Of course, Okada. Of course.

Agreed, mixing male and females usually leads to trouble..
---------My Profile------------
Jun 4, 2016 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
I really liked the way they gave the kids from Katsuhira and Sonozaki's past some character, with those lines about what each of them liked, or how they walked, etc. These small things are such a rare thing for anime to give their characters, and it really helps making them and their relationships feel real.

danieltortoisee said:
Also, how did Nico get under that thing (can't remember what you call them) in the gym's storeroom or wherever that was? I find it hard to believe that she could've lifted it on her own, especially considering her emotional state at that particular point.

I was wondering the same. Had to go back and rewatch ~20 seconds because I had lost some dialogue thinking about such a stupid thing. lol
Jun 4, 2016 11:46 AM

Sep 2014
Damn everyone really got screwed over this episode 0.0
Jun 4, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
I can't be the only one who felt the pain
Jun 4, 2016 11:50 AM

Feb 2009
SimplyKairi said:

Oh I felt pain alright. Mainly because literally nothing happens in this anime besides more and more melodrama. Luckily this anime season is almost over.
Jun 4, 2016 11:55 AM

Aug 2009
Being in a Okada Mari show is suffering.

Welp, they all broke, we saw it coming. I felt sorry for Nico and Honoka the most, hopes for friendship crushed. Tenga messed up so much, seeing him beating up Katsuhira in rage was awful. It's more clear now that every time he told Katsuhira to go after Chidori he himself wanted to be the one to do it. Nico wanted to confront a rejection, but yeah the way she was found out really sucked for her.
Poor Honoka, her old scars opened again. What a mess.
Yuta tried his best, truely. Hopes for he'll help people getting their shit together again *Needs to regain Honoka's smile*. We didn't even get to hear his thoughts on all this.

The next episode will probably have everyone trying to keep a distance and eventually miss each other. High chance the new telepathy ability will play a deeper role.

*edit* forgot to add how nice to see Katsuhira showing more feelings. But man, he's such a confused little cinnamon roll. Do this do that - then he gets the crap beat out of him. He still has much to learn in the three more episodes left.
mikadocsJun 4, 2016 3:31 PM
Jun 4, 2016 11:55 AM

Dec 2015
Thaw1945 said:
SimplyKairi said:

Oh I felt pain alright. Mainly because literally nothing happens in this anime besides more and more melodrama. Luckily this anime season is almost over.

Sooo why are you still watching then?
Jun 4, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2013
Honestly, I thought this episode was one of my favorites from the entire season. Tons of people are bitching about the melodrama, but honestly if you don't like drama why are you still here? It became clear a long time ago that this was going to be that kind of anime. The animation and sound though were really impressive and it's the closest this series has ever gotten to sounding and feeling like a movie. 5/5 easy :)
Jun 4, 2016 12:00 PM

Jan 2015
Best show of the season.....And don't give me your opinion that Re:Zero/AoT ripoff/JoJo douches is way better than this.....Deen & Trigger rules this world!!! Thank you for reading »)
Jun 4, 2016 12:03 PM
Dec 2012
I liked this episode but I will say that both Chidori and Tenga annoyed me so much in this episode
Jun 4, 2016 12:04 PM

Dec 2014
Didn't quite care about Tenga's and Nico's hurt just because their development wasn't there, but for the people involved with Katsuhira, damn.
I need sleep.
Jun 4, 2016 12:07 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
HOL;Y FUCKIGN SHIT
Jun 4, 2016 12:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Guys, of course it's forced drama, it's the fucking Kizna experiment and that green haired guy just took it to another level by not stopping it.

That was probably the best episode of the season. If this goes on like this for the last three episodes, i can consider a 9.
Jun 4, 2016 12:11 PM

Mar 2016
this episode has left me broken
Jun 4, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
My God this episode was fucked up

All this emotion, pain, anger, depression, sadness and broken hearts.....My body wasn't ready....And I feel so bad for Nico, Honoka and Chidori

And my goodness Katsuhira....The amount of changes that this guy went through due to all the revelations in this epsiode was just shocking for me and ended up kicking me in the balls and leaving me just blank

ikr

Tenga just added fuel to fire when he snapped. Overall, tooo much feeeeeels!!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 4, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
Tulicloure said:
I really liked the way they gave the kids from Katsuhira and Sonozaki's past some character, with those lines about what each of them liked, or how they walked, etc. These small things are such a rare thing for anime to give their characters, and it really helps making them and their relationships feel real.

danieltortoisee said:

I was wondering the same. Had to go back and rewatch ~20 seconds because I had lost some dialogue thinking about such a stupid thing. lol

Didn't you guys have those at your school gym? You can actually lift the top part up.
Jun 4, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2008
_Hans_ said:
Dumbest episode yet.
Felt like I was watching twilight
I hate every character except for Katsuhira who got beat up for absolutely no reason

same, at least after this episode. Okay, I don't hate anyone, but this episode everyone but Katsuhira was so damn annoying. Chidori decided to run to gym, maybe to check why Katsuhira was in pain and then what? Cried and run off. Nico suddenly started to get bothered by Tenga and what? She run off too. Tenga asked Kacchan to run after Chidori and then what? Beat him for doing so.
Imo masochist guy, skin guy and Kacchan was only normal, the rest did forced and unnecessary melodrama.
Anyway, I'm dissapointed. I hope it will be cleared up next ep and too bad that they didn't get to know that Kacchan was also one of kids who took part in kiznaiver experiment. I was kinda looking forward to get them know, maybe in that case they would give him a break.
Jun 4, 2016 12:31 PM

May 2012
I think my problem is that I don't like Chidori. I'm tired of constant "Kachon" and her character grates me. A lot of this episode I had to remind myself that these are teenagers though. The episode also seemed too serious for what was happening. I mean that the emotional crux of the episode mostly had to do with the love triangle (square?). Yuta, Honaka, and Hisomu had nothing to do with anything.
Jun 4, 2016 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
In terms of the animation, it was beautiful. I like how they were trying to change it up a bit with the Katsuhira x Nori scene (bouncing ball signals flashback to the actual sequence of flashbacks themselves) and the rain scene (red mark that binds them is luminescent).

The plot progression was fine. One of the central themes that children were experiment in was tackled, the ethical/moral concerns were evidently shown (with the impact to the subjects to the corrupt behavior of the teacher "playing around with human emotions"), and the characters definitely hit a turning point in their relationship as kiznaivers.

For my personal enjoyment, it felt forced, especially with the constant slow dialogue that felt hard to take in. If there were more episodes leading to this climax, I would have felt more sympathy toward the characters feeling unrequited love. Yet, I only saw glimpses of any feelings forming, so it was kinda abrupt. I definitely didn't like how Sonozaki confessing for Nico as she definitely was not ready. I wish Nico's attraction/love toward Tenga was more fleshed out in the previous episodes; it would be more logical and kinda nice if she, the happy-go-lucky chick, became the voice of reason in this situation. Chidori calling Kacchon "cruel" was very uncalled for since she herself knows that Kacchon does not yet understand human emotion (especially his own or lack of). Tenga too punches Kacchon unnecessarily. Maki breaking down was rather out of place since the problems they're facing are from love, not friendship. I can understand Maki's idea of distance before friendship becomes something more, something you can't escape from. Also, the "it hurt" scene felt more robotic than emotional since it was too over the top in the drama progression.
Jun 4, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
LyricalFantasy said:
Tulicloure said:

Didn't you guys have those at your school gym? You can actually lift the top part up.

Nope, never seen one of those in person.
Jun 4, 2016 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
okay things got crazy fast in this episode... I guess we are finally entering the climax of this series.... Kiznaivers is one weird test / experiment as it gets
Jun 4, 2016 12:37 PM

Apr 2011
The feels were strong in this and that Teacher can fuck off he is a scum
Jun 4, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2016
DAMN THIS EPISODE!!!

Loved every part of it, but it was A LOT! I don't know what will happen in the next episode, because after this idk if they'll be able to recover from this :/ I always knew that Tenga liked Chidori, but i thought that they were just my shipping feelings, not a realistic thing, but I guess it was real lol Trigger knows how to do stuff...damn
Jun 4, 2016 12:41 PM
Dec 2012
Wings said:
minnydesu said:

Agreed, mixing male and females usually leads to trouble..

Less trouble... or more gays? That's the question.

Also of note, it looks like next episode they're able to talk about all of these crushes and whatnot rather casually, which is healthy. This episode sort of reminded me of the episode of Kino's Journey where a society was torn apart when they became able to read one another's minds, though.
Jun 4, 2016 12:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Literally guys who complain about forced drama, that's just what you are getting lol
Jun 4, 2016 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
That must've been the climax.
Good episode
Jun 4, 2016 1:07 PM

Jan 2016
Tenga is such a hypocrite dick
Jun 4, 2016 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
Initially disliked Chidori, and now I fucking despise her.
She's trash.
Nori ftw.
Jun 4, 2016 1:21 PM

Jan 2015
SimplyKairi said:
i was crying so badly.It was so sad and painful kinda. Reminded me of Nagi no Asukara,
Jun 4, 2016 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
Well, this episode started some serious shit! Nico x Tenga is still the best couple though....
Jun 4, 2016 1:24 PM

Nov 2015
i want everyone responsible for the kiznaver project to burn in Hell
Jun 4, 2016 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
This series is getting better, I've been expecting things since honoka's arc.

That mind-sharing concept is very good, and chidori's expression in this episode is well-made.
Jun 4, 2016 1:40 PM

Mar 2016
I love how they but the red pattern from the "pv" into the moments when they could hear each other's thoughts (like the red flash)
Sad episode, but enjoyed it :>
Jun 4, 2016 1:41 PM
Nov 2013
Such a masterpiece I dare say!!, especially if you've met and hang-out with people who are exactly like the characters (sonozaki, katsuhira, chidori, tenga, niko...) love how they portrait the human hearth and pain from real life into an anime!!!
Jun 4, 2016 1:51 PM

May 2015
This episode took a complete different turn to full drama and pain.

God, I loved it.

Jun 4, 2016 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
A very dramatic episode. I really like the emotional scenes in the rain.

I still really don't like how nico likes tenga. That just felt like it was pushed in there to add more drama.
Jun 4, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2015
I know I was supposed to like this episode.
Maybe next week would fix me.

Jun 4, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2015
Ugh I knew it was coming and dreaded it. Poor Chidori's broken, hope she doesn't fall for Tenga cause he's an ass. Seems like the relationship between Sonnozuki and Katsuhira is a bit of a misunderstanding to me.
Jun 4, 2016 2:25 PM
Oct 2013
This episode was so hard to sit through but when I saw Kacchon cry....I left devastated but relieved for him because he finally has some emotions. He can't help feeling the way he does so I don't blame Kacchon one bit. I felt badly for everyone this episode because NONE of them can help feeling what they do but their emotions are being toyed with and forced out, to be heard and exposed to everyone else. Terrible....but fascinating to watch
Jun 4, 2016 2:43 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
Smudy said:
of course it's forced drama, it's the fucking Kizna experiment

Lol somebody who gets it. The teachers + Sonozaki intentionally provoke our main characters time and time again to study different emotions (distress, love, pain, heartbreak, etc.) and the effects it has on them as Kiznaivers. It's been that way since the first episode. They set up missions with the purpose of getting data on "Today's Emotion(s) of the Day!", and the main cast plays into their hands. However, Yamada seems more concerned with the research and tried to push them to the extreme this episode for the data, which is probably it felt so dramatic. I dunno, the actual reasoning behind their emotions is not as important to me as how they are evolving as Kiznaivers and how the committee plans to use the data they get in the future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jun 4, 2016 2:53 PM

Dec 2014
that rain scene looked amazing, but the dialogue this episode (and most of the previous episodes) didn't feel natural at all.
Jun 4, 2016 2:56 PM

Dec 2015
It was pretty to see, particularly the rain scene.

At least, I was served another tea spoon of story to make the teenagers over-forced drama easier to swallow.

2/5

People sending love triangles to the fire on this thread: they can be treated differently than here.

I'm so bad I laughed instead of reacting the proper way at this -_-:
Rei_IIIJun 4, 2016 3:18 PM
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

365 by donovaneme89 »»
May 13, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

193 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.