Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2016 11:46 AM

Dec 2015
Slightly disappointed they didn't adapt more of Yashiro's back-story. Maybe they'll air an OVA focusing on it, who knows. Wishful thinking.

This episode felt rushed, but It can't really be helped with only 1 more episode left. However it was still an okay episode overall - 3/5

But telling your attempted murderer that you have your memories back whilst on the roof might not exactly be the best idea you've ever had Satoru.

Hopefully they don't butcher this last episode.

Mar 17, 2016 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
So to those who read the manga, is this really an anime-original ending that they're going for? So many people are saying stuff got cut out, and "this" happened instead of "that," so is this still even following the source material?

Again, a pretty rushed episode imo. I don't like how Satoru just kind of got his memories back out of nowhere. Maybe they'll explain that in the finale but it seemed kind of random. And Kayo marrying Hiromi? I never would have expected that, I'm not gonna sit here and yell "NTR!!" but still, that's really random. I assumed she would wait for Satoru, and if not, even marrying Kenya would have been slightly less weird (but I'd still find it kind of weird).

And it's a shame that they cut Yashiro's backstory short. So many people were defending the unsurprising reveal of him being the killer by saying "it's not about the who, it's about the how and the why." We finally were about to get the "why"........but then they shortened it. Who knows, maybe they'll go into it more in the final episode (probably not though), but I agree with @VanishingKira that this anime wasn't as good once it got into the second half.

EDIT: One more thing, it also sucks to read about what some people are saying about Airi's scenes being completely scrapped. I feel like she never really got proper attention in this show so for the producers to completely cut out her parts and replace are kind of sad.
thebrentinator24Mar 17, 2016 11:53 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 2014
Okay ...apart from the manga reader critics..... I had mixed feelings about this episode. Yashiro is a psycho. Don't know what may happen next. One episode to go

Aug 2014
Best girl was his mother.No other woman will be as dedicated to Satoru as his mom.So stop the bitching shipperfags.
Mar 17, 2016 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
I'm severely disappointed they skipped the teacher's backstory and they even cut everything related to Airi lol. Well I hope the anime original ending is more satisfying than the manga

Now let the salt storm begin

Mar 17, 2016 11:50 AM

Sep 2014
NTR is here. Finally, after so long, I can taste the salt. Also, rushed as hell.
Mar 17, 2016 11:50 AM

Jan 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
So to those who read the manga, is this really an anime-original ending that they're going for? So many people are saying stuff got cut out, and "this" happened instead of "that," so is this still even following the source material?

Everything from 16:30, Yashiro attacking the camera guy, on was totally anime original.
Mar 17, 2016 11:51 AM
Jul 2009
blackrose212 said:
Apparently the manga ending is shit so surely an anime original ending is a good thing?

People hated the manga ending because Kayo ended up with Hiromi, and that's the only thing the anime didn't change. lol
Mar 17, 2016 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
kirisakitrash said:
aikaflip said:
And why did you have to tell Killer-sensei that you had your memories back?!

Original ending. Like Pierrot did with Tokyo Ghoul, except that A1 didn't excessively rush the manga.

I haven't read the manga. Is it better? From the looks of the poll, I'm assuming it probably is.
Mar 17, 2016 11:53 AM

Dec 2007
SO this episode fucked me up. AGAIN.
you know, i see all the rage and salt about how rushed it got. but not having read the manga and completely not caring about it (i will read it soon) to base my opinion of the anime. it feels pretty good. the fact that kayo has a new family makes all the sense, lets get real they were kids, and it has been 15 years ofc she moved on. the fact they removed storu from the opening just blew my mind too. so yeah, maybe the anime is not perfect but it's so above the level of teh anime that i've seen recently that for me, it's just pefect.
Mar 17, 2016 11:53 AM
Jan 2013
The cuck without me, by Kayo Hinazuki
When i get bigger, big enough to go somewhere by myself, i want to cuck my friend who's far away. My friend who's in a coma for 15 years. The friend who saved my life. I want to leave him with nothing but pain and sadness. He will have no adults, children or classmates, only his mom. I will fuck his friend when i want to fuck his friend, i will cuck him when i want to cuck him and visit him with his friend's baby when i want to. I will then think about the cuck i left behind. Kids go to school, like nothing has changed. Adults go to the office, like nothing has changed. His mom eats like she used to. When i think about the cuck wihtout me, i can't help but to laugh. I want to cuck my friend.
Mar 17, 2016 11:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Seriously? This is what people refer to as NTR? Are you kidding me? Grow up lol

Hating on an anime like this for something that stupid is beyond retarded
Mar 17, 2016 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
animefan8800 said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Everything from 16:30, Yashiro attacking the camera guy, on was totally anime original.

So were we pretty much lied to when it was announced that the anime would show the original ending of the manga? WTF that's BS
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 17, 2016 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Anyone who thinks this is NTR should figure out what it actually means or zip it. Gonna be fun to watch the score drop tho

Aug 2015
Wonder how he survived. The hamster story was weird at least. The mom going around her daily routine was weird at first because I thought Satoru was dead. But just in a coma. Also, best mom award right here. Good to see Hiromi and Kenya. Wonder what they wanted to ask. Also the reporter was there too. Then Kayo shows up with the baby and its Hiromi. Honestly I was shocked but not because I shipped her and Satoru but just genuinely shocked. Glad she's alright and has a family. The teacher is back and just waiting to finish the job. All this small talk. Let's get to the climax. Hopefully the ending is as good as the rest of the story.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
HaXXspetten said:

+++++++++++++++++
Mar 17, 2016 11:56 AM

Feb 2013
Well, this "NTR" haven't affected me, never shipped Kayo with Satoru and honestly im glad they didn't end together because that would have been way tipical.

Just because he saved her doesn't mean she has to marry him.

so yeah, Kayo looked super pretty and happy, and that's what matters <3

Apr 2015
Having not read the manga, I have no reason to feel salty.

Jan 2013
is the hate coming from the kayo having a family (ship has sunk) or the original scenes (airi returned his memories in the manga)?
Mar 17, 2016 11:57 AM

Jul 2011
Gonna have to read the manga after episode 12. How does Airi fit into the mix? They've never even met in this timeline, does she just like to chill at rehab centers or something?

I was a salt factory halfway through this episode, especially with what happened with Kayo. Somehow I was on the edge of my seat again by the end of the episode. Please destroy Yashiro now.

Dec 2014
Seriously, why did this become so disappointing.

Jan 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
animefan8800 said:

So were we pretty much lied to when it was announced that the anime would show the original ending of the manga? WTF that's BS

Yeah I found that pretty hilarious, as well as them keeping Kayo x Hiromi but changing pretty much everything after.
Mar 17, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2015
moodie said:
Sourire said:
not sure if serious? there's a difference between a carbon copy and leaving out important character development lol
AGAIN for this adaption airi wasnt important. if u read the first 3 chapters then watch the anime it was clear that the anime didnt want to use airi as much as they wanted to use kayo. it was a conscious effort to do those changes. having airi become so important NOW for THIS adaption would be coming out of left field. yes the manga is better i agree with u but this is an adaption of that story that doesnt have to have everything just because the source had it.

maybe if they had more airi scenes in the beginning then we can start complaining but from the start we knew that she wasnt going to serve the same purpose as the manga.

Yeah, but it was stated multiple times this was going to have a manga original ending. So, you can see why people are mad. The production company knows they messed up with the pacing (although I can agree the first 10 episodes were adapted fine), so now thery'e like screw an important character to the story, an important back-story of the killers motivations and his fascination with Satoru, and lets go anime original. They literally ignored there own intention of doing a manga original ending due to the pacing and episode count they set before them. If it has a decent original ending as well, I will be fine. It seems like they will go the tragic hero route where he gains nothing in the end.

Also, I disagree with people saying the Manga ending was shit; it honestly wasn't shit. It ended exactly how I was expecting it to end except the manga seemed a little rushed at the end and I'm sure it was. Sanbe probably was influenced to come up with a quicker way to get to the ending, so the anime can adapt the manga original ending which they didn't even do. Therefore, the rush in the last chapters of the manga was pointless as well. I mean its easily deduced that it started getting rushed towards the end as soon as the anime adaptation was expected to be manga original. I honestly feel bad for the mangaka, it seems like he got screwed on both ends in all honesty.
CejaraMar 17, 2016 12:03 PM
Mar 17, 2016 11:59 AM

Jun 2009
How was that 20 mionutes!? Gah! I hate cliffhangers so much! I wanna time travel to next Thursday. :(

Jan 2013
zerorequiem_ said:
Seriously, why did this become so disappointing.

the anime was overrated anyway (it was treated as god-tier) but i found it still good including the anime original scenes

Nov 2014
can someone tell me what happened with airi in the cut scenes?
Mar 17, 2016 12:00 PM

Jun 2009
SmashTheOni said:
Having not read the manga, I have no reason to feel salty.

Same. I feel like people that haven't read the manga will enjoy this for what it is.
Mar 17, 2016 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
WHY IS THIS SHOW SO FUCKING GOOD?!?!?!
Mar 17, 2016 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
aikaflip said:
I haven't read the manga. Is it better? From the looks of the poll, I'm assuming it probably is.
I would hate to spoil you the actual ending, but the manga's ending was... Mediocre.

thebrentinator24 said:
It was until Gaku showed at the hospital and explained his name change to Satoru. Now I don't know what to expect.

Mar 17, 2016 12:02 PM
Mar 2016
The salt from this episode is emanating through my veins right now... I was really hoping kayo was going to bae :'{

but nah. she went with the cosplay side character.
Mar 17, 2016 12:02 PM
Mar 2013
The ending of this episode isn't as intriguing as I thought it would be
Mar 17, 2016 12:03 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Smudy said:
HaXXspetten said:

+++++++++++++++++
This honestly reminds me of the "shitstorm" when everyone went mad at Shinsekai Yori for having a gay kiss scene in episode 8. Downvoting an anime for something that stupid is just embarrassing yourself, and this isn't too different
Mar 17, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:

Not ntr, but butchered adaptation. You go to the rooftop telling that you have retained memories to the killer. Skip whole yashiso backstory. Skip the airi scenes key to his memory.
Mar 17, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
You have to admit, his mom is such a trooper for taking care of him for 15 years. That is some serious dedication and pretty heartwarming to see, tbh.

Kayo being married was also a shock and especially to who her partner was. This episode came with a lot of surprises.

Idk how it will wrap up but I'm now seeing how the OP ties together with the show.
I think I might read the manga too..
Anyways! nice episode.
*hug noises*

May 2013
xaos12 said:
HaXXspetten said:

Not ntr, but butchered adaptation. You go to the rooftop telling that you have retained memories to the killer. Skip whole yashiso backstory. Skip the airi scenes key to his memory.
oh that part's perfectly understandable, never said anything about that
Sep 2013
so we'll probably have an original ending..
i'm still with 10, waiting for the last episode to come.. It's been a fun ride tbh
Mar 17, 2016 12:05 PM

Sep 2015
Oh crap this is gonna be a showdown. I kept saying oh dear lord he's gonna chuck him off the roof.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Mar 17, 2016 12:06 PM
Jul 2009
kirisakitrash said:
aikaflip said:
I would hate to spoil you the actual ending, but the manga's ending was... Mediocre.

That's not mediocre. It makes total sense for Airi to be the one to do that. After all, it was Airi who showed Satoru there were people who believed in him, and also taught him to believe in himself. She also taught her to never give up on his dreams (that line about dreams is exactly what unlock his memories). Airi has been key to his character development all this time. Even in the anime (even though some of her scenes were removed),
Mar 17, 2016 12:07 PM

Oct 2015
The end is coming and looks like it will be good.
I do not expect the Hiromi and Kayo; Kenya Kayo and perhaps I seemed obvious, but hey, everyone happy.
It is seen that the craze for killing always starts in childhood, with some trauma or action.
Ahhh; I can not wait a week to see how it ends. I would put in suspended animation but surely I spend long.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 17, 2016 12:08 PM

Oct 2014
The Adaption where it was rushed...

Honestly, i am not so mad at skipping stuff or cutting Airi...
but getting his memmories back so fast ._.

Also, Director confirmed in the Interview that he is Hinazuji fan, no wonder he cut Airi out :p

HaXXspetten said:

+10000000000
I still fail to understand how what happened is NTR.
Mar 17, 2016 12:09 PM

May 2014
Satoru really got the short end of the stick, didn't he?
It's nice that he saved the people he set out to, but he really did so at his own expense and it's pretty awful to see him suffer when he's spent the entire series struggling so much :/

I also have a feeling this is not the end of it either...
I'm an anime only, so I can't be sure, but I'm thinking that Airi may or may not be the daughter of Yashiro. Just a random hunch I plucked outta thin air really, but I thought they kinda look alike and then there was that discussion she had with Satoru about her father and family situation. I just don't think that would've been included unless it was somehow relevent to the plot.

Also, if Satoru has changed the future (as well as Yashiro's plans) that greatly, then is there the slight possibility that Airi may not even exist anymore?

Okay...so I'm probably overthinking this, but that would be a pretty cool twist XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
Wow. Reading the manga I see they basically skipped everything
Mar 17, 2016 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
Shrimperor said:
The Adaption where it was rushed...

Honestly, i am not so mad at skipping stuff or cutting Airi...
but getting his memmories back so fast ._.

Also, Director confirmed in the Interview that he is Hinazuji fan, no wonder he cut Airi out :p

HaXXspetten said:

+10000000000
I still fail to understand how what happened is NTR.

I laughed at how he retained memories and went to say it to the killer. XD
Mar 17, 2016 12:12 PM

Nov 2011
I also thought that Young Satoru speaking during current Satorus thoughts was really good as well. I felt that was really well done.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 17, 2016 12:15 PM

May 2015
Whew, the amount of hate just increased. Glad I'm not a manga reader in this case, but gotta agree that the teacher's backstory was pretty poor. Didn't expect Kayo having a baby though.

Feb 2014
I was never rooting for romance in this show so the fact our protagonist is not going to get with anyone does not bother me. With all I heard about this episode I thought it would be something awful but this was still a decent episode. Though I can see why a few people would be hating on it. Still next episode hopefully we get to see justice served.
Nov 2010
I didn't red the manga so I didn't have the expectation that many had but I'm a bit disapointed about that last ep and I felt it was rushed. I'm not bothered about Kayo and Hiromi because ppl usally change a lot during their teenage years and I could easily see how hiromi could have seen satoru as a model to forge his character. I'm entering into speculations but if hiromi had became a bit more like satoru I could see kayo falling for him...

Anyway the thing that bothered me the most is that we were too disconnected from the Satoru inner thoughts compared to the rest of the anime. All the thought process from having no memories to full memory recovery is absent and that feel strange and that's why I say I feel it was rushed. We get a few hints here and there ( like the kanji he can read or his ability to draw) that a lot is going in satoru's mind and hidding it all away feels like something is missing.
Mar 17, 2016 12:16 PM

May 2014
Dammmm well this episode is fu**** up all together. Too much to in one episode I think, would have been better if it had 24 episodes.
Mar 17, 2016 12:17 PM

Dec 2014
Those OP changes though! Satoru not being in it was so cool. They sunk that ship so damn fast it's unreal. Simple put Himori should've still been murdered when they were kids (that's a joke btw, some people are taking this super serious). As a anime only viewer I could feel stuff getting skipped which sucks but it wasn't too bad. This showdown is going to be amazing! The OP kinda gives away what's going to happen but I'm still so excited to see how it unfolds!
Mar 17, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
It's as though just because the NTR isn't something to criticize that all the other flaws are to be ignored now lol. People wanted the "why" of Yashiro's backstory, and they got it, but it was pretty underwhelming; now he's even more of generic evil villain. And some are also saying this episode was pretty rushed.

Also, I don't understand the argument of why anime-only viewers would be somehow better off than the manga readers in terms of salt levels... both groups of people are seeing the same pseudo-NTR scene.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any media like Erased

Alioli360 - May 25

45 by MissingNo178 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1402 by busconoviaaa »»
May 26, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

833 by saranglolxd »»
May 14, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

899 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.