Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2013
juliagatari said:
Its only me that thinks the killer is the Teacher?

PS: I dont read the manga.

Me too. Manly because he is the only one who can be the killer other then some random dude.
Feb 18, 2016 12:28 PM

Oct 2015
Wow. Surprice me when Satoru tells Kenya about Hinazuki.
Kenya stoping hin was amazing too. Really Satoru thinks kill Hinazuki's mom?
Kayo and Satoru seem like running lovers in the abandoned bus. Was so cute 😊.
Teacher's eye take a reddish tint... My hypothesis continue
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Feb 18, 2016 12:32 PM

Apr 2015
KonoYume said:
Ariak said:
Another cliffhanger...

Solid episode though. I don't like the plot holes but it's enjoyable so far. Excited to see what happens next. Also nice to see a school without a dress code lol

What plotholes? Unless you didn't understand something then it's not plothole...

Time resets creates plot holes.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Feb 18, 2016 12:33 PM
Jul 2015
My heart can't handle this. ;_;
Feb 18, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
Maybe the killer (in the end, if he is the killer) came to help kayo with hygiene issues and such... Fu**, why does every erased episode have to do this to me. I feel happy and great for everyone until the end of the episode, something tragic happens and it's a cliff hanger agh. Also I hate Satoru, his idea sucks... What good is it to have Kayo in an abandoned bus... Why doesn't he attempt to ask his mother for help (tell her the situation with Kayo), his mother is mega understanding. Well, I guess, of course to add suspense and such, as if what I stated had happened the anime wouldn't be as suspenseful, I suppose. But fu**, this anime makes me feel too emotional. I do hate Satoru though ^.^, seems like a total retard for a, what, 26 year old? His plans suck lol. Nevertheless, great episode... It went by way too fast.
NevrMoreFriendFeb 18, 2016 12:37 PM
Feb 18, 2016 12:34 PM

Nov 2014
I know who the killer is! He is... a cliffhanger! Yeah, Kayo and the others were problably killed by a cliffhanger, just like I'll be before this show ends ¬¬
Anyway, just to confirm what the others have said, no, it's not a child:

Also, I wished it was Satoru's mother too, but seeing it again it turns really clear that it isn't =P It's a man.
I think it's the teacher, but I don't think he's there to kill Kayo. The call he made earlier was problably to the... well, I forgot the name, so I'll just say "Child defense agency" and hope you guys understand what I mean e_e... It wasn't to someone close to him or someone who was expecting the call, because he identified as "Gaku Yashiro from Mikoto School". But it was problably somewhere he had called before, as the person knew who he was and problably asked if he'd like to talk with someone (thus the answer "Yes, please"). It was problably about Kayo, and the papers in front of him were informations about her. Also, when he noticed that Kayo was late, he suspiciously looked for Satoru. He problably noticed something, maybe that Satoru didn't seem worried, dunno. Anyway, he likely followed Satoru to find the bus. I think and I'm wishing that he's there just to speak with Kayo, but we'll have to wait 'till next week to know now ç_ç
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
Ariak said:
KonoYume said:

What plotholes? Unless you didn't understand something then it's not plothole...

Time resets creates plot holes.

And what plotholes you think there are so far?
Feb 18, 2016 12:39 PM
Apr 2014
Satoru: Time reset please now that I'm arrested
Plot: Ok.
Feb 18, 2016 12:39 PM

Mar 2013
I think is the teacher.
The killer seems to always be a step forward from Satoru.
The Teacher knows 2 basic things for me to be a suspect.

First: He knows about Kayo's abuse, and do nothing.
Second: He knows that Satoru wants to help Kayo and ''likes'' her.

I cant think about anyone else.
Feb 18, 2016 12:40 PM

Dec 2015
Drake1000 said:

I can't deny this looks like a plot device right now.
Feb 18, 2016 12:42 PM

Nov 2014
NevrMoreFriend said:
Maybe the killer (in the end, if he is the killer) came to help kayo with hygiene issues and such... Fu**, why does every erased episode have to do this to me. I feel happy and great for everyone until the end of the episode, something tragic happens and it's a cliff hanger agh. Also I hate Satoru, his idea sucks... What good is it to have Kayo in an abandoned bus... Why doesn't he attempt to ask his mother for help (tell her the situation with Kayo), his mother is mega understanding. Well, I guess, of course to add suspense and such, as if what I stated had happened the anime wouldn't be as suspenseful, I suppose. But fu**, this anime makes me feel too emotional. I do hate Satoru though ^.^, seems like a total retard for a, what, 26 year old? His plans suck lol. Nevertheless, great episode... It went by way too fast.

I think the reason why he doesn't tell his mom is to not involve her. She'd problably be jailed for kidnapping a kid, you know? =P He doesn't want to create problem to others, that's shown when he tells Kenya to pretend to know nothing if they're found...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
This show really is at its best during the 1988 sequences and we have now entered my favourite arc from the manga. Too sad they gonna have to rush things a lot from here on. Some not so important scenes were missing, but also a quite important flashback from the very beginning of the episode.
Feb 18, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2015
I am certainly not sure, but I currently suspect the teacher and Kenya after seeing this episode.
Feb 18, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2014
Drake1000 said:
so it was convenient now but not when he was running away from the cops? or saving a child from being abducted? or any other times the revival was activated to save him or someone around him?
moodieFeb 18, 2016 12:53 PM
Feb 18, 2016 12:48 PM

Nov 2014
KonoYume said:
Drake1000 said:

I think he asking the time to go back was just to create some drama... in the end of episode 6 the butterfly appears before that moment, so I guess the revival would happen anyway and they just created the ilusion that he was at control. Also, he said that this would be his last chance, but I doubt he really knows that. I actually think he'll still need to go back to 1988 once before the anime ends, but just guessing at this point...
Feb 18, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2015
hnnnng, can't decide if the teacher/Kenya are red herrings or not :SS

Good job on making me feel happy throughout the whole episode just to crush my soul with the last 2 seconds ha h a h

Can't wait for more ;;u;;
"No need for love! Just give me sugar!!" - a lazy ossan

+ 4 more~!
Feb 18, 2016 12:51 PM

Feb 2016
KonoYume said:
Drake1000 said:

Sure, but the staging, as the confrontation, the music, the arrestation, make the scene glorious and enjoyable. Without that, the revival would lack of tension :). In my opinion, it is not that bad to make plot device if it contribute to the scenography. And hell, that was breathtaking for me (the entire scene, not only the will for a revival).
French viewer. Sorry for my bad english :) !
Feb 18, 2016 12:57 PM

May 2012
Lord don't tell me the killer found her in the bus?

Another great episode. Not going to lie, I teared up a little during the first part when he went back.

Satoru & Kenya got the dream team going, but I still don't trust Kenya. It something about this kid I don't like. Also Satoru went nine tails for a second lol. He was just about to merk her mom.

Dat ending had me like WTF. I'm pretty sure its Satoru's mom, but at this point I can't be to sure. Also I wonder what the teacher was on the phone about. Is he finally calling about the abuse?

Man I can't wait for the next episode.
AntearionFeb 18, 2016 1:10 PM
Feb 18, 2016 12:59 PM
May 2012
Antearion said:
Lord don't tell me the killer founded her in the bus?

no, she was "founded" years before...
Feb 18, 2016 1:02 PM

Sep 2012
moodie said:
Drake1000 said:
so it was convenient now but not when he was running away from the cops? or saving a child from being abducted? or any other times the revival was activated to save him or someone around him?

Just to show how illogical people can be on this forum.
Feb 18, 2016 1:03 PM

Dec 2015
RyugamiKuroryu said:
KonoYume said:

I think he asking the time to go back was just to create some drama... in the end of episode 6 the butterfly appears before that moment, so I guess the revival would happen anyway and they just created the ilusion that he was at control. Also, he said that this would be his last chance, but I doubt he really knows that. I actually think he'll still need to go back to 1988 once before the anime ends, but just guessing at this point...

Or this thing, the shinigami thing I guess? I wonder if the manga he was talking about was much more about him and his Revival ability...

Isiniel said:
KonoYume said:

Sure, but the staging, as the confrontation, the music, the arrestation, make the scene glorious and enjoyable. Without that, the revival would lack of tension :). In my opinion, it is not that bad to make plot device if it contribute to the scenography. And hell, that was breathtaking for me (the entire scene, not only the will for a revival).

I''m not bothered by it but some will nitpick about it though...
Jul 2018
I feel like this episode is quite a bit better than the last two, I just love the 1988 setting way more than the present since Kayo is in it ;-;. Though episode 1 was an amazing introduction episode. The strengthing of Satoru and Kenya friendship was great, I'm really glad this time around he's got others to help him save Kayo though it may have been in vain if it is the murderer who entered the bus. I wish we could have a heartwarming episode without a cliffhanger ending, though it does keep the viewer interested in the show its still annoying to me. Excited for next week's episode like always

May 2012
MarianSony11 said:
Antearion said:
Lord don't tell me the killer founded her in the bus?

no, she was "founded" years before...

lmao A-1 joke lol.
Feb 18, 2016 1:04 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
A revival! Satoru's back in that museum place. Kenya's really damn smart for his age. Kenya can be helpful to Satoru. What a fail attempt of bring down Kayo's mom XD. So Satoru decides to kidnap Kayo and make her live in an abandoned bus. Damn cliffhanger. Still scared about the pacing. Hopefully they can fit the rest of the manga in 5 episodes.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 18, 2016 5:23 PM
Feb 18, 2016 1:05 PM
Apr 2014
moodie said:
Drake1000 said:

It has always been convenient.
Feb 18, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2014
Drake1000 said:

The time reset was going to happen whether he was going to ask for it or not. The butterfly in the previous episode was the hint and it always happens when he's in danger or people around him apparently.
Feb 18, 2016 1:11 PM
Apr 2014
7thFonon said:
Also has anyone read / know the story of that book that Kenya lent Satoru? That might also give a hint as to what Kenya truly knows. The last time Kenya suggested Satoru read a book, he really knew there was something up with Kayo.... but what about this time?

He never lent Satoru a book, he was just testing him.
Feb 18, 2016 1:17 PM
Sep 2012
Ultranumbed said:
One thing I didn't like is how he didn't explain why it's his final chance

Cause if he fails again and goes back to the present day(where he is an adult) he is about to go to prison.And most likely to be there for a long while.Which will make him unable to try anymore a.k.a. his last chance in the past right now.
Feb 18, 2016 1:18 PM

Jan 2015
It's been a long time since I've seen an anime with a such gripping plot.

I was going all right till I saw the "Out of control" title.
And the ending scene - fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
This is why I love thrilling stories.
Feb 18, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
Gabby_Chan said:
ANOTHER GODDAMN CLIFFHANGER!!! I can't take them anymore!!!!!!! Gosh!

Ok, calmed down... Another excellent episode, as usual. 5/5

It was nice seeing Satoru trusting so much in Kenya, but I'm not so sure he should have trusted him that much... (After all, how that person in the end knew Kayo was there?)

Probably stalker level over 9000
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 18, 2016 1:27 PM

Mar 2015
Will there be any explanation of the Revival in the end? If yes and and it's be a good one I'd buy that. Now it kinda leaves a sour taste as typical Deus ex Machina.

Anyway, I fail to remember but did anything truly significant happened during the time period between the two 1988 periods? Well, Satoru just found out that he failed , the killer still is on his heels and, he's just in a bit worse situation than before and... he's back in 1988. Personaly I think it would've been better to just have one Revival and be done with that. That 'returning to the present' segment just didn't move the story forward that much (unless that means a story about a divorce because of some chocolate) and having so many unexplained Revivals at convenient moments just doesn't feel right to me. Maybe everything will become clear in the end.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Feb 18, 2016 1:29 PM

Aug 2015
Stop with the cliffhangers! My heart can't take them anymore.
Feb 18, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2015
Satoru and Kayo <3
That cliffhanger is intense!
Feb 18, 2016 1:36 PM

Feb 2015
o'kay it was getting good. good progress. nothing bad happens BUT! WTF WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER GODDAMMIT! A-1 Pictures IS GETTING BETTER AT MAKING CLIFFHANGER! Best Cliffhanger Maker of the year i guess....
Overall it was a great episode :D i like the good progress that he made without any bad things happened except that CLIFFHANGER!
and i think everyone can predic it already, who is the culprit from this episode....but it's not clear yet.....
and so i had a thought while watching this episode...
Feb 18, 2016 1:37 PM

Dec 2014
such pretty much beauty
Feb 18, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2015
Aldael said:
Will there be any explanation of the Revival in the end? If yes and and it's be a good one I'd buy that. Now it kinda leaves a sour taste as typical Deus ex Machina.

Anyway, I fail to remember but did anything truly significant happened during the time period between the two 1988 periods? Well, Satoru just found out that he failed , the killer still is on his heels and, he's just in a bit worse situation than before and... he's back in 1988. Personaly I think it would've been better to just have one Revival and be done with that. That 'returning to the present' segment just didn't move the story forward that much (unless that means a story about a divorce because of some chocolate) and having so many unexplained Revivals at convenient moments just doesn't feel right to me. Maybe everything will become clear in the end.

Satoru got more info about the events of the murders that occurred in the first rerun. I guess he knows who's the culprit's identity from the suspect list.
Feb 18, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2015
The cliffhanger wow.........
Feb 18, 2016 1:47 PM

Jun 2015
That revival, though. So convenient. Those characters' behaviours turning as questionable as they could get (and imho this is the worse thing by far). Also a really unnecessary cliffhanger, it seems to be there just as an obligation.
Feb 18, 2016 1:47 PM
Apr 2015
just a big what fuck by the end of the episode really pissed just what the fuck I can barely type straight this episode was full of adorable moments all for it to be ruined by the fuckery that is this killer i'm telling you Kenya definitely has something to do with it
Feb 18, 2016 1:51 PM

Apr 2014
Lordwen said:
That revival, though. So convenient. Those characters' behaviours turning as questionable as they could get (and imho this is the worse thing by far). Also a really unnecessary cliffhanger, it seems to be there just as an obligation.
a. its always been convenient since the power in itself is rewriting mistakes. if u didnt see that from the first episode, congratulations you played yourself

b. character behavior being questionable adds a layer of mystery. if they character were acting normal we would have another anime now would we. dont project ur own behavior onto anime.

c. take a course in writing and understand the importance of cliffhangers and why for a weekly show cliffhangers are used.
Feb 18, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Did I miss something or is there no basis for Satoru to think this is the last revival other than for some cheap drama?
Also, it makes no sense trying to kill Kayo's mom when he suspects the killer to be the man with the glasses. In any case, if he's ready to kill the culprit, the easiest way to solve this is to let the events occur as they had in the previous timeline so that he can ambush the killer when he/she's about to attack Kayo.
Still a good episode, but I would definitely enjoy this more if Satoru acted logically more often. I guess trying to clear Yuuki from being accused for the crimes is a start, though.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 18, 2016 1:54 PM
Feb 2013
Why did Kenya pretend to have lent a book to Satoru in this timeline? How the few time between the point where Satoru has came back in time to the part where he asks about the book has changed so that he would ask it in this timeline but not in the previous one?

And he noticed something on Satoru, and knows he doesn't remember some things, what does this mean for the plot? Maybe he has a vague idea of his powers? lol
Feb 18, 2016 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
geralt said:
Did I miss something or is there no basis for Satoru to think this is the last revival other than for some cheap drama?
Also, it makes no sense trying to kill Kayo's mom when he suspects the killer to be the man with the glasses. In any case, if he's ready to kill the culprit, the easiest way to solve this is to let the events occur as they had in the previous timeline so that he can ambush the killer when he/she's about to attack Kayo.
Still a good episode, but I would definitely enjoy this more if Satoru acted logically more often. I guess trying to clear Yuuki from being accused for the crimes is a start, though.
a. ya u did miss something. u missed the fact that never before was he able to go back more than 5 to 10 minutes so thinking that this is his last chance is obviously obvious. also if he fails and goes back into the present then he is already in handcuffs. it seems like the revival works in mysterious ways and from the last couple of revival scenes they come from extreme circumstances. i doubt the revival can just come whenever. so im glad i can explain to u what u missed.

b. killing the mother would have drastically changed events. that what he was doing from the beginning. as long as the mother isnt there there possibly will be no fatal harm to kayo.

c. there is no c
Feb 18, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2015
geralt said:

I guess he'll either have to live the way if he fucks up or go back in the present where he'll go in jail unless there's some further investigation to prove him innocent. But that would still be hard considering the murderer framed Satoru to the bone.
So you assume he should let Hinazuki die like that? For the investigation? -_-
Do you think a kid could kill a full grown adult? And what if he let that happen then what's the point of going back in time? Just to let the murders happen without any evidence leading to the killer since he's an expert at framing people?
Feb 18, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2012
I should've expected that the easygoing happy time wouldn't last forever but goddamn that cliffhanger still threw me off guard.
Such a good episode man; so hyped for the next!
Feb 18, 2016 2:00 PM

Apr 2007
Well of course something will happen if you leave Kayo in a place like that for too long;; is what I thought when they first brought her to that bus. I hope I'm wrong and that is someone they know (doubtful so far). I want to see Kayo grow up into a beautiful girl!
Feb 18, 2016 2:04 PM
Feb 2013
Saving Yuuki should change the future drastically, I mean, his mother thought she knew the assassin and that she should have known that when Satoru told her Yuuki wasn't the killer, and the assassin might have someone else as a culprit (if he manages to kill Kayo and that the guy on the end is really the assassin). So his mom might end up not knowing anything (for not being involved with the case because Yuuki is not the culprit and Satoru won't scream for her that he isn't bad) and so she should be kept alive.
I just wonder who will the assassin blame on for murder.
Feb 18, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2010
FUUUUCK!!!! These are the worst cliffhangers. I can't take much more haha.
Feb 18, 2016 2:06 PM

Jun 2015
moodie said:
Lordwen said:
a. its always been convenient since the power in itself is rewriting mistakes. if u didnt see that from the first episode, congratulations you played yourself

b. character behavior being questionable adds a layer of mystery. if they character were acting normal we would have another anime now would we. dont project ur own behavior onto anime.

c. take a course in writing and understand the importance of cliffhangers and why for a weekly show cliffhangers are used.
Ah well, don't even try to explain how Revival works by yourself. The show is already pretty good in leaving that aside, because doing so at this point would be worse than just ignoring it.

Character behaviour being questionable comes from inconsistant writting. How Kayo agreeds to get locked there without any further explanations (like if you could explain that to her anyway) when she was against him getting involved in her issues as seen in previous episodes. How Kenya is so collaborative with Satoru after he prevented him to kill Kayo's mother.. And I can keep going, I'm not being nitpicking. Also it has nothing to do with mistery, actually the more realistic behaviours, the easier to get engaged in any mistery, romance,... The only time questionable behaviours can work (not always, though) is in certain types of comedies.

And you don't need a cliffhanger in every single episode to make a good show, when overused is just a very cheap resource. Specially if said scene only lasts like 5 seconds.
Feb 18, 2016 2:07 PM

Dec 2013
They rushed Satoru and Kenya scene on the stairs
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1415 by slayer70 »»
Sep 18, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1114 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

905 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

504 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

586 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 9:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.