Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2016 1:11 AM

Dec 2014
LogSwapper said:
» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast

-> Can I use Nanatsu no Taizai for this? Dunno how old the pig or Elizabeth is, but the others are clearly adults?

I interpreted this category to be for main casts that are mostly composed of adults, so I think it should be okay if there are 1 or 2 characters that aren't adults. Elizabeth is apparently 16, and I'm not sure the pig's age really matters, considering he's non-human and more of a mascot than anything. Either way you should definitely watch it, I found it very enjoyable.

Feb 6, 2016 2:31 AM

Jul 2014
LogSwapper said:

Trigun - all of the main cast are adults :-)
Feb 6, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2015
aifukola said:
penguinparade said:
vampire = non-human? what if a human changes mid-series?
I kinda asked about this before, it was better to pick another one for the criteria, one where the main character is non-human from the beginning.

aniDB gives characters entity type, maybe I'll go by that. thnks
Feb 6, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2008
Can I use an OVA for the ONA challenge? If not, can I get a few recommendations for this one, please? Thanks
Feb 6, 2016 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
Setzer said:
Can I use an OVA for the ONA challenge? If not, can I get a few recommendations for this one, please? Thanks

No, has to be ONA.

This is the one I used for the challenge:
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Feb 6, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
@Setzer
you should try Plastic Neesan
Feb 6, 2016 5:23 PM

Aug 2014
Is Hetalia considered a "three-cours" series? It may be more than 34 episodes, but they're just, like, 5 minute per ep. Please quote this if you want to reply so I can see it in the notifications bell. Thanks!
sup
Feb 6, 2016 5:29 PM

Oct 2014
keimaconquesta said:
Is Hetalia considered a "three-cours" series? It may be more than 34 episodes, but they're just, like, 5 minute per ep. Please quote this if you want to reply so I can see it in the notifications bell. Thanks!
Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki fits the Japanese definition of a four cour anime even though the episodes are only 3 minutes long. Hetalia is an ONA so it doesn't fit the Japanese definiton, but for the sake of the challenge it actually does count.
Feb 6, 2016 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
> Watch an anime series that you can finish in one day

This means I can put any 1 cour series I'm okay which dedicating 4h30 to watch right?
removed-userFeb 6, 2016 6:00 PM
Feb 6, 2016 5:59 PM

Mar 2013
Prrgify said:
> Watch an anime series that you can finish in one day

This means I can put any 13 cour series I'm okay which dedicating 4h30 to watch right?

Any series that you can finish in 1 day is applicable
Feb 6, 2016 6:05 PM

Aug 2014

Is it okay if I use Hetalia or Super Seisyun Brothers in this one?
sup
Feb 7, 2016 1:00 AM

Oct 2008
keimaconquesta said:

I think that Super Seisyun Brothers does not fit the criteria, since the main characters are teenaged (at least that's what the descriprion says) As for Hetalia...technically yes...but I'm not sure...

Feb 7, 2016 2:19 AM

Mar 2014
keimaconquesta said:

I'm fairly sure Hetalia would count for that.
Feb 7, 2016 4:35 AM

May 2012
I've noticed that the number on my post changes, which messes with the link I have to my sign up post. What to do with that when turning in? Won't the "link to sign up" thing be all messed up? Sorry if someone has already asked this :/
Best boys <3

Feb 7, 2016 4:41 AM

Oct 2011
@SheyCroix Quick question. I remember there was a banner for completing the challenge twice in the 2015 challenge. Is there going to be another one like that for this year's challenege?
Feb 7, 2016 5:08 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Tendon_Unajuu We can have one, but I need someone to donate them =/

@Sigi-san We can always update the link... if they move it won't be that far from were the original link will show.

@keimaconquesta Hetalia is a better fit for the adults one, and yes it can also be used for the cours one

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 7, 2016 3:18 PM

Jan 2015
I need a recommendation for » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant. No Shounen/Shoujo Ai or Sports please
Feb 7, 2016 4:13 PM

Feb 2013
Pkfire0 said:
I need a recommendation for » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant. No Shounen/Shoujo Ai or Sports please

Here are some options:
Shiki
Barakamon
Death Parade
KezmiFeb 8, 2016 5:33 PM
Feb 7, 2016 4:18 PM

Mar 2013
Pkfire0 said:

Kids on the Slope
Uchouten Kazoku
Chihayafuru (this is on your PTW and it's probably one of my fav shows)
Feb 7, 2016 6:05 PM

Mar 2012
So I've finish two Conan movie Quarter to Silence and Hellfire Sunflower. What do you thing it's can be used for?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=250#msg44089439
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 7, 2016 7:11 PM

Mar 2013
@NeoAnkara

They both could possibly be used for favorite seiyuu, favorite studio, non-romantic relationships, police, mystery, archtype, one f the demographic ones depending on your age/gender, adapted to live action, adapted from a manga above 8.0 , and hair color if it's brown or black. Also the sequel/sidestory bonus challenge.

If you look you might be able to find it, for the MAL related challenges or the high rated by someone on the same page as you challenge.

Hellfire Sunflower can additionally be used for the 1 gender main cast challenge and the less than 10k completed challenge.

Hope that helped.
AudioTsunamiFeb 7, 2016 9:26 PM
Feb 7, 2016 7:48 PM

Mar 2012
@AudioTsunami

Thanks for the help.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 7, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
Could someone give me a recommendation for this challenge? I dont really mind what kind of genre it is im open to anything.
Feb 7, 2016 10:26 PM

Aug 2014
 » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
 » Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1981 and 1990
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast
» Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher

Give me what you got. Please just put either shorts or one-cour anime, so I can finish them faster. Thanks :3 I don't mind the genre except if it's H, Yuri or Yaoi. I still accept mild Shoujo-Ai and Shounen-Ai.
sup
Feb 8, 2016 12:13 AM

Jul 2014
keimaconquesta said:
Give me what you got. Please just put either shorts or one-cour anime, so I can finish them faster. Thanks :3 I don't mind the genre except if it's H, Yuri or Yaoi. I still accept mild Shoujo-Ai and Shounen-Ai.

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Ghost in the Shell

» Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge
Skip Beat!

» Watch an anime which began airing between 1981 and 1990
Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster

» Watch an anime with children as the main cast
Dennou Coil

» Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher
Planetes
mozgowFeb 8, 2016 12:17 AM
Feb 8, 2016 1:09 AM

Mar 2013
keimaconquesta said:

» Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher Kids On The Slope

» Watch an anime with children as the main cast[ url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/17549]Non Non Biyori[/url]

» Watch an anime which began airing between 1981 and 1990 Gunbuster like the guy above me said or Wings of Honneamise

» Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge School Days or Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant Ping Pong
Feb 8, 2016 3:20 AM

Dec 2013
thecakeslies said:
Could someone give me a recommendation for this challenge? I dont really mind what kind of genre it is im open to anything.

Few different types:

Kokoro Connect
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Zetsuen no Tempest
Medaka Box
Feb 8, 2016 11:57 AM

Jul 2011
Do OVAs/Specials/Movies count in any of the categories as an anime by itself?

Also I need a good anime that began airing between 1991 and 2000, any suggestions?
Feb 8, 2016 12:01 PM

Feb 2016
I need a recommendation for an anime. Preferably a 1-cour anime and I'm open to any genre except for Harem. Thank you!
Feb 8, 2016 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
BlackHoleXX said:
I need a recommendation for an anime. Preferably a 1-cour anime and I'm open to any genre except for Harem. Thank you!

Bartender
Kuragehime
Gingitsune

notyourboyfriend said:

Also I need a good anime that began airing between 1991 and 2000, any suggestions?

Slayers
Also Super Fishing Grander Musashi if you like sports anime
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Feb 8, 2016 1:16 PM

Mar 2013
notyourboyfriend said:
Do OVAs/Specials/Movies count in any of the categories as an anime by itself?

Yes everything counts unless it specifically says it has to be a certain type. I think the finish in 1 day challenge has some rules that zombie pegasus was talking about a few pages back, but I forgot. Other than that, if it doesn't say it in the line, it can be anything

For 90s, Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku, Golden Boy, 08th MS team are all good and on the short side. 90s anime tends to be on the long side.

BlackHoleXX said:

Hibike! Euphonium
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Ping Pong
Feb 8, 2016 4:57 PM

Dec 2015
LogSwapper said:
thecakeslies said:

Few different types:

Kokoro Connect
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Zetsuen no Tempest
Medaka Box

Thanks I will try those out :D I actually was looking to watch Zetsuan no Tempest at some point.
Feb 8, 2016 5:40 PM

Feb 2013
Alright, need some help.

-Watch an anime that starts with the same last letter as your username (E)
-Watch an anime with a protagonist that shares your hair color (somewhere between light blonde and bronze-- Kinda wheat colored)
-Watch a Korean or Chinese anime

Thanks!
KezmiFeb 8, 2016 5:43 PM
Feb 8, 2016 5:47 PM

Oct 2014
Kezone said:
Alright, need some help.

-Watch an anime with a protagonist that shares your hair color (somewhere between light blonde and bronze-- the one hair color anime characters never have)

Thanks!
1. Eve no Jikan (movie)
2. Maybe Nanatsu no Taizai or Yuru Yuri
3. Larva (I haven't seen many Korean or Chinese anime). This is comparable to Senyuu.
Feb 8, 2016 8:21 PM

Mar 2013
Kezone said:
Alright, need some help.

-Watch an anime with a protagonist that shares your hair color (somewhere between light blonde and bronze-- Kinda wheat colored)

Thanks!

- Emma
- Sailor Moon Crystal, School Rumble, or The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
- Shin Angyo Onshi
Feb 8, 2016 9:34 PM

Nov 2014
1. Recommend me an anime from my PTW please.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ExTamplier?status=6
2. And a good anime you watched for this challenge.

Feb 8, 2016 9:54 PM

Oct 2014
ExTamplier said:
1. Your list is private.
2. Smile Precure, Dog of Flanders (movie), and Ringing Bell are all good anime I watched for it. I also watched Spice and Wolf, but since Holo is your favourite character I'll assume you've watched it.

You don't rate anything so even if I did have access to your list I wouldn't know your taste.
Feb 8, 2016 10:15 PM

Nov 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
ExTamplier said:
1. Your list is private.
2. Smile Precure, Dog of Flanders (movie), and Ringing Bell are all good anime I watched for it. I also watched Spice and Wolf, but since Holo is your favourite character I'll assume you've watched it.

You don't rate anything so even if I did have access to your list I wouldn't know your taste.
thanks, I'll just pick one of your highly rated anime. We will count it as a suggestion ;).

Feb 8, 2016 11:48 PM

Jan 2016
A few questions about the challenge.

Do you watch shows or movies for any of the catagories, or do you prefer to say, watch shows of a certain length over say a movie or a three episode show?

Also if you watch a show, such as Sword Art Online, would you count SoA and SoA2 as one completed thing, or as two? Right now I have it as two but wanted to see what other people thought on it.
 ~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\

Feb 9, 2016 12:01 AM

Oct 2014
Nurkie said:

Do you watch shows or movies for any of the catagories, or do you prefer to say, watch shows of a certain length over say a movie or a three episode show?

Also if you watch a show, such as Sword Art Online, would you count SoA and SoA2 as one completed thing, or as two? Right now I have it as two but wanted to see what other people thought on it.
The challenge doesn't give any higher weight to people who have spent more time watching anime for the challenge. All anime entries are equally acceptable, even hentai.

You could even complete the entire challenge with a single long-running franchise like Pokemon, Precure, or Gundam.

Every entry in the database is treated as a separate entity in the eyes of the challenge, with the exception of the bonus challenge about related anime. If you want to add personal rules around these things to make the challenge harder for yourself you are free to do so.
Feb 9, 2016 12:13 AM

Jan 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
Nurkie said:

The challenge doesn't give any higher weight to people who have spent more time watching anime for the challenge. All anime entries are equally acceptable, even hentai.

You could even complete the entire challenge with a single long-running franchise like Pokemon, Precure, or Gundam.

Every entry in the database is treated as a separate entity in the eyes of the challenge, with the exception of the bonus challenge about related anime. If you want to add personal rules around these things to make the challenge harder for yourself you are free to do so.

Ok thank you. I just wanted to make sure ^_^
 ~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\

Feb 9, 2016 8:56 AM

Apr 2014
So, i need your recommendations for completing the challenge. I'm open to anything (even Boku no Pico) but i'd really appreciate it if you could recommend something from this list (since, these are the anime i currently have access to).

And i plan on doing the challenge atleast half a dozen times, so go crazy xD :

Chaos Dragon
Elfen Lied
Freezing
Gakkou Gurashi
Hellsing Ultimate
Jitsu wa Watashi wa
Joukamachi no Dandelion
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Game of Laplace
Rokka no Yuusha
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Terraformers
Tsukihime
M3 - Sono Kuroki Hagane
Basilisk
Clannad
Cromartie Highschool
Cross Ange
dot Hhack Roots
dot Hack Sign
Ergo Proxy
Gakuen Alice
Golden Time
Gosick
Hansaku Iroha
Haruhi Suzumiya
Highschool DxD
Higurashi
Hhitsugi no Chaika
Karin
Log Horizon
Magic Kaito 1412
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Maid Sama
Needless
Phi Brain
Read or Die
Robotics Notes
Romeo x Jjuliet
Seirei no Moribito
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Shinsekai Yori
Vampire Knight
Wolf's Rain
Baby Steps
Blood+
Chihayafuru
Detective Sschool Q
Get Backers
Honey and Clover
Jigoku Shoujo
Kakumei Shoujo Utena
Law of Ueki
Magi
Nurahiyon no Mago
Rave Master
Rozen Maiden
Saiyuki
Sakurasou Pet no Kanojo
Sekirei
Sword Art Online
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
Wooser no Sono Higurashi
XXXHolic
Fate Stay Night
Monster
Prince of Tennis
Shakugan no Shana
The World God Only Knows
Feb 9, 2016 10:11 AM

Dec 2014
KizaNekamu said:
So, i need your recommendations for completing the challenge. I'm open to anything (even Boku no Pico) but i'd really appreciate it if you could recommend something from this list (since, these are the anime i currently have access to).

And i plan on doing the challenge atleast half a dozen times, so go crazy xD :

If you're into harem anime, The World God Only Knows and Jitsu wa Watashi Wa are among my favourites. I've also enjoyed Hitsugi no Chaika, Gakkou Gurashi, Rokka no Yuusha, and Higurashi, so I think they're worth a watch.

Feb 9, 2016 12:37 PM

Feb 2014
Do music videos count? Not that I want to include a bunch of them, but I only recently noticed that some are listed on the site under the music category of anime.
Feb 9, 2016 12:53 PM

Oct 2014
Confederate_Jeb said:
Do music videos count? Not that I want to include a bunch of them, but I only recently noticed that some are listed on the site under the music category of anime.
Yes, they do count. Because of the story telling style of music videos and the way they are produced it's best not to use them for "tags" or "adaptions". There are a few challenges they can count for.
Feb 9, 2016 1:37 PM

Feb 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
Confederate_Jeb said:
Yes, they do count. Because of the story telling style of music videos and the way they are produced it's best not to use them for "tags" or "adaptions". There are a few challenges they can count for.

Thanks for the help! I think I'll use the one I watched for the under 10k completions challenge.
Feb 9, 2016 2:40 PM

Sep 2014
I was going to sign up for this for the first time way earlier but it totally slipped my mind until now. Is it too late to sign up/is there a deadline?
Feb 9, 2016 2:43 PM

Oct 2014
Teyuga said:
I was going to sign up for this for the first time way earlier but it totally slipped my mind until now. Is it too late to sign up/is there a deadline?
The deadline to sign up is December 31st 2016 (the end of this year). There are still plenty of people signing up.
Feb 9, 2016 3:05 PM

Sep 2014
Does an anime count toward the challenge if you watched/started watching it/completed it AFTER December 31, 2015 but before you sign up for the challenge?
Feb 9, 2016 3:05 PM

Sep 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
Teyuga said:
The deadline to sign up is December 31st 2016 (the end of this year). There are still plenty of people signing up.

Thank you so much!! I guess I'll be signing up as soon as I fill out the form then XD
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Shoujo anime recommendations

Daniellaaa - 2 minutes ago

0 by Daniellaaa »»
2 minutes ago

» What's a hidden gem anime you've watched and would recommend?

Eternal_Rest - 11 hours ago

34 by Mayahuel »»
5 minutes ago

» If YOU were an anime girl, and YOU could get a chance to be the one doing the cucking (because you felt like it), who would you be? (pick based on looks)

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

17 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
6 minutes ago

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

72 by Gashadokur0 »»
9 minutes ago

» do you have a fap log? ( 1 2 )

slopgobbler - Jun 22

55 by SgtBateMan »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.