Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 25, 2016 2:16 AM

Jan 2015
I hope Moguzo doesn't die, he's got "DEATH" written on his forehead.
Art was nice as always
Yume is a nice gurl, potentially has feelings for the mc
It was another slow episode tho, a bit boring at times.
Jan 25, 2016 2:22 AM

Dec 2014
Again nothing much happened, Yet I enjoyed the episode.
This anime is strangely compelling in a way :P

This Slice-of-Life feel in an unknown world has this unusual inexplicable charm to it.

Haru with his perverted urges XD

Yume <3
Jan 25, 2016 2:44 AM

Jan 2008
Unbelievable... there's slow pace and then there's just wasting my fucking time. Screw this, I'm out. I don't mind the survival plot line. I don't mind the fact that they are weak and can't fight well. But for the love of God... DO SOMETHING. Something other then insert songs and slow montages. You don't have to start with the slaying of eternal dragons, but at least try something interesting. ANYTHING! Is the director trying to found the new BeeTrain, with the slow pacing where nothing happens? He just needs the slow pans on eyes with yuki kajiura music.
DmonHiroJan 25, 2016 3:07 AM
Jan 25, 2016 3:01 AM

Jun 2015
I am actually enjoying the slow pacing of this.
:)
Jan 25, 2016 4:23 AM

Oct 2015
Okay, its been 3 ep now and it just talk about daily life of mmorpg player? I didn't read the novel, so I'm expecting to much. lol
You don't know! You'll never know what I saw! The colors...all the colors...and sometimes NONE of the colors... The darkness came to me then...with the stench, it protected my mind. But the darkness is still there. The smell...The smell of it will never, ever fade...
Jan 25, 2016 4:28 AM

Oct 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Again nothing much happened, Yet I enjoyed the episode.
This anime is strangely compelling in a way :P

This Slice-of-Life feel in an unknown world has this unusual inexplicable charm to it.

Haru with his perverted urges XD

Yume <3

Daily life of mmorpg player, well I like this. But its kinda feel frustrating they just earn 4 silver coins daily... I can earn 400k gold coins daily ahahahahaha XD

Haru is pervert, but he's not show it off. lol
You don't know! You'll never know what I saw! The colors...all the colors...and sometimes NONE of the colors... The darkness came to me then...with the stench, it protected my mind. But the darkness is still there. The smell...The smell of it will never, ever fade...
Jan 25, 2016 5:19 AM

Aug 2011
mr_sam21 said:
I read somewhere in the comments that there was rape in this series , is it true ?

There is no rape just attempt to rape.
CrazyFrogzJan 25, 2016 5:26 AM
Jan 25, 2016 5:19 AM

Jan 2015
So many salty people here... if u don't like it, just don't watch it. So easy.
Jan 25, 2016 5:25 AM
Dec 2009
Glad the team is getting stronger (and richer). So now that they've gotten good at killing goblins... what's next?
Jan 25, 2016 5:38 AM

Jan 2016
I loved this episode :) This anime has the best music&art of this season imo. I started to like most of the characters ,but Ranta still annoys me af.

Ugh...am I the only one who wants Haruhiro and Manato to kiss? :( They are so cute together...

+ I still can't believe this anime have only 12 episodes...how?! It's episode 3 and nothing really happened yet. This anime is so relaxing with it's slow pacing and I would love it to have AT LEAST 25 episodes. If not...I want season 2,damn it.
Jan 25, 2016 5:46 AM

Dec 2010
...so freaking slow want more at least the gang are getting the hang of killing goblin

...cant wait to see the rest of the party the one that split up

...Ranta is an ass
AnimeThinkJan 25, 2016 5:59 AM
Jan 25, 2016 6:11 AM

Jan 2013
bobzanny said:
AivanK said:

Yume best girl.

Mary is best girl, always and forever.

Mary is very sweet, but still, I prefer the personality of Yume, and she is too cute.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 25, 2016 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
Nexxkinn said:
Looks like they still haven't learnt NOT to use insert song at random scene. Twice.
And, thank you for including AGAIN random-image scene like it's the greatest idea director-kun had in mind.

but, eh. Here's some 10/10 ass to calm down your rage, me.

Best Post ever!

Gotta love the booty
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 25, 2016 6:23 AM

Dec 2013
Yume and Haru has got to happen pleeeeease

[size=90]Signature by Nate-chan[/size]
Jan 25, 2016 6:26 AM

Mar 2008
I enjoy the slowpace because the characters and world itself is great, but it's only 12 episodes. Unless it's gonna get a second cour, slow pace won't do good
Jan 25, 2016 6:53 AM
Aug 2014
Still to slow and boring. Rewatching LogHorizonS1 still better idea.
Jan 25, 2016 7:15 AM
Sep 2014
jenny4 said:
Still to slow and boring. Rewatching LogHorizonS1 still better idea.

Of course Log Horizon S1 is better, but what does that have to do with this anime? There're not even the same genre.
Jan 25, 2016 7:22 AM

Jun 2015
I already feel depressed after watching ep4 review :(
Jan 25, 2016 7:40 AM

Apr 2015
Why do they use music with vocals anyway? I can see the contrast between EP2 and this and that was a good idea but the needn't use vocals.

Liked the episode a lot otherwise.
Jan 25, 2016 7:48 AM

Sep 2009
After 3 Episodes I haven't seen any kind of plot in this series.
After 3 Episodes the characters are still super annoying not a single one isn't super stereotypical and tropey.
After 3 Episodes the pacing still remains a mystery so I have no idea when this show gets anywhere.
After 3 Episodes this show just isn't worth waiting 1 week for anymore.
After 3 Episodes I dropped this show with a rating of 2 because the 3rd episode killed it's 5 point rating with the apologizing for doing nothing wrong shit and the "oooo if we don't wear underwear I wonder if I could spy on girls going commando this time".
Jan 25, 2016 8:00 AM
Sep 2014
KariRaiha said:
After 3 Episodes I haven't seen any kind of plot in this series.
After 3 Episodes the characters are still super annoying not a single one isn't super stereotypical and tropey.
After 3 Episodes the pacing still remains a mystery so I have no idea when this show gets anywhere.
After 3 Episodes this show just isn't worth waiting 1 week for anymore.
After 3 Episodes I dropped this show with a rating of 2 because the 3rd episode killed it's 5 point rating with the apologizing for doing nothing wrong shit and the "oooo if we don't wear underwear I wonder if I could spy on girls going commando this time".

Thank you for your opinion. We'll forward this to the higher ups.
Jan 25, 2016 8:14 AM

Nov 2014
No one knows who sang the song at 13:50?
Jan 25, 2016 8:36 AM

Mar 2014
Uve23 said:
Paulo27 said:
What exactly was pointless here?
Because I keep hearing this and have no idea what people are referring to.

Dialogue is not interesting, that's all. We had that first scene discussing cooking and breakfast that went on for a long time for no reason. The majority of the conversations don't really help us know the characters better. It is realistic in the sense that that's how real life is many times, but it becomes boring when it's fiction.

Again, my problem is not with the pacing. But it would be nice to see them having some clever interactions, like theorizing where they are, why they're there, etc. instead of spending 10 minutes talking about whether the girls are wearing underwear or not.
So you mean one of the few characterization moments, and possible hint to who Mogzo used to be, is something pointless? That the whole "who we used to be" intrigue and them trying to explore it a bit is pointless?
The point was never to have them figure out where they come from, they don't even remember anything, the point is to put random teenagers in a fantasy world and have them live together even if they don't want to.
That's why you get """""10 minutes""""" of them talking about why girls are wearing underwear or not.
Jan 25, 2016 8:48 AM

Oct 2011
ChutneyTooSpicy said:
I'm really starting to like the slow paced relaxed feel of this show, but with only 12 episodes makes me wonder how it will play out for the rest of the season.
Basically this.

This Anime is really nice. More psycological then all out action all the time, which is a nice change for this type of show. For their ages, of course they are going to talk about all that "stuff" and be perverted and shy and so on. It's like we are on the journey with them.

I do want it to pick it up soon though because, not enough episodes. :(
Jan 25, 2016 9:55 AM

Aug 2008
@beast_regards How in the hell did you manage to mix sexual deviations into this show? They are just teenagers, not "unsure about sexuality"... Traumatized by girls' presence? When?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 25, 2016 10:10 AM

Mar 2008
SkullProX said:

Yeah, I'll just be glad if those that dropped the show actually do so.

I get if a slower paced show doesn't appeal to you. But that isn't a flaw in and of itself. I'd much rather have a story that takes its time with the plot and characters than one that rushes things so much that you can't care about anything going on.

It's a story about a group of strangers with no memories trying to survive in this fantasy/mmo setting. Hope the show keeps it up, it's doing a good job.
Jan 25, 2016 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
An episode about nothing, loved it.
Jan 25, 2016 12:54 PM
Jul 2012
I'm loving this extremely slow pacing it allows for good development for the characters but I'm not sure how well that is going to work with only episodes.
Jan 25, 2016 12:55 PM

Apr 2009
It's all fine if the anime wants to portray their daily experiences and struggles, but the problem is that it teased us with a conflict from the very beginning. We're shown that these kids are not from this world and that they are recalling things from their lives from before. Each episode, the director throws a little bit of recollection at us, but for three episode, nothing at all has been made to address that plot point. There isn't any progress being made. Of course they're going to get better at killing goblins and of course their situation will improve, it's just that it doesn't seem to be leading anywhere and that's why I think people are complaining about the slow pace.

Being that this is only 12 episodes long, I don't have a very good outlook on the future of this series. Like some light novel turned anime releases, I think this is just an advertisement or gateway to draw attention to the light novels.
Jan 25, 2016 1:08 PM
Nov 2014
The series definetly is not for people who can sit down and enjoy episodes of little to no progress. Which is why it divides opinions so much.
IAmTheFreakshowJan 25, 2016 2:22 PM
Jan 25, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2015
FlareKnight said:
SkullProX said:

Yeah, I'll just be glad if those that dropped the show actually do so.

I get if a slower paced show doesn't appeal to you. But that isn't a flaw in and of itself. I'd much rather have a story that takes its time with the plot and characters than one that rushes things so much that you can't care about anything going on.

It's a story about a group of strangers with no memories trying to survive in this fantasy/mmo setting. Hope the show keeps it up, it's doing a good job.

Yes, I agree. I love the anime so far, everything is just perfect.
Jan 25, 2016 2:25 PM
Nov 2014
ninja88880 said:
An episode about nothing, loved it.

This is something a lot of people struggle with :)
It doesnt always need to be action packed mess of colors. I like shows that take their time.
Jan 25, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2014
I feel like the silly fanservice bits don't sit well with this series, and maybe even make it a disservice. They are detrimental to the serious atmosphere they try to build, and take time from already slow episodes. I also think that, probably, the type of people, who enjoy a series that subverts fantasy tropes, were more than likely done with the butt-frames and bath-peeking long ago.
I hope something bigger starts to happen soon too. It's kinda necessary after all. And I hope it's not Manato's death, but he is covered in death-flags, like a ship on a parade. To lose him would be sad, he is less tropey that the quiet girl.
I mean, they seem like more or less adult more or less reasonable people, what's with this crap about "defenseless girls" and not being able to talk to you partners?

The art is still pretty. The music during the frog scene was good (though this anime doesn't always get the music right, imo), and I can't get enough of Haru's voice. The seiyu outperforms himsef, well, at least in my eyes... ears... whatever.
Jan 25, 2016 4:36 PM

Apr 2014
The pacing is still slow as it is lol...not going anywhere soon people!
Anyway, I am looking forward to the fight with the armor goblins (don't know if it's manga only or also happen in light novel too).
It will be good if it's not a manga thing only.
Jan 25, 2016 5:24 PM

Jul 2014
Hm, but actually I kind of can't stop wondering why this is the only show I have any inclination to watch in this season, even though there're some potentially stronger ones. I guess, it's for all the things this show isn't - it doesn't want anything from me, which is good for an anime-fatigued person.
Jan 25, 2016 5:36 PM
Jan 2016
Attack sleeping gobling with group of 5-6 guys. Wow, so brave. Very strong. Much cool. Such imbalanced.
Jan 25, 2016 5:54 PM

Oct 2014
This shows getting a lot of praise but i dont get it, its just boring.
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Jan 25, 2016 6:24 PM

Mar 2014
Waiting for something to happen . . .
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jan 25, 2016 7:04 PM

Jun 2014
I love the pace and the atmosphere, my favorite show this season.
Jan 25, 2016 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
Things are on the upswing at least for now.
I want to know what other creatures there are, and what the hierarchy is. Probably dragons on top.
Jan 25, 2016 8:14 PM

Jun 2014
What is this Aria? Holy fuck this shit is almost as boring as the Aria series... except its not just a slideshow with soft piano music...
Jan 25, 2016 8:37 PM

Oct 2013
This series is like a episodic series. Im not really seeing where this is going. Pacing is slow as usually. A bit bored at times. But I do appreciate the atmosphere and art style in this series. The characters are solid as well. I Hope something new happens in the next epsode, than seeing the crew killing another random goblin, then it starts with its usual music background. 3/5

BTW thanks for including those random ass shot.
Jan 25, 2016 8:46 PM
Jul 2015
Worst episode.

Half the episode was related to the unnecessary fanservice of last episode and then Haruhiro being a perv.

I like the anime and all the characters when they aren't acting like a bunch of stereotypical teens.
Jan 25, 2016 10:05 PM
Oct 2015
nogitsunechaos said:
I like the anime and all the characters when they aren't acting like a bunch of stereotypical teens.
That exactly is the point. The author wanted to convey that all of them are no more than your average teenagers. None of them is a special being with some special quality.

This show is all about a group of normal teenagers who suddenly found themselves in amnesiac condition, in a foreign world.
Jan 25, 2016 10:20 PM
Aug 2013
Not a fan of the fanservice in this show, feels unfitting and unecessary. Meh.

Atmosphere is great, relaxing as always but I do wish they'd pick up the pacing a little.

That cooking scene though. *drools*
Jan 25, 2016 11:41 PM

Dec 2013
I feel sorry for all those goblins. Why couldn't they just digitally disappear upon death instead?

Slow paced as usual, the party is slowly getting used to life in there. The conversation between Haru and Manato seem to be foreshadowing something.. I am guessing Manato's past will have a huge impact in future events?

Also enjoyed those ass shots.
BenphyreJan 25, 2016 11:44 PM
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 25, 2016 11:54 PM
Oct 2015
Benphyre said:
I feel sorry for all those goblins. Why couldn't they just digitally disappear upon death instead?
Because this is not a game. Those kids are not trapped in some VRMMO, they're transferred to a different world with very little memory about their original world.
Jan 26, 2016 12:18 AM

Dec 2013
Ryuutobi said:
Benphyre said:
Because this is not a game. Those kids are not trapped in some VRMMO, they're transferred to a different world with very little memory about their original world.

Yeah my bad. I got confused.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 26, 2016 1:05 AM

Oct 2014
Love everything so far, except for Ranta.... They need to kill that guy really.
The death flag is getting more and more for one of them.
Man... Yume is freaking cute
Jan 26, 2016 1:34 AM

Sep 2013
I hope for more group and chara development in this series
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

465 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Jun 8, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

279 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Jun 8, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

389 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 27, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.