Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 19, 2016 3:09 AM
Jul 2018
subs were really bad.. but i really like the atmosphere in the anime.
Jan 19, 2016 4:19 AM

Dec 2014
Mirorin said:

Well imo the reason for the lack of progress is likely because there's a lack of an international market. Of course China has a large population; but animated Chinese series are not an export (which runs its economy)... keeping a industry domestic will not allow it to expand. No supply without demand, after all. I would love to see more Chinese series, except that they're completely inaccessible. :(

Also, the creativity is rather lacking when it's domestic. This series has already started off rather generically. :O

The Chinese government takes this extreme protectionism approach only to hope it would shield its people from all those foreign animations that flooded the Chinese market in the 90s, at the same time inflate the animation hours by supporting its own domestic companies to make cheap and quick TV shows that have almost no quality control or any artistic vision involve, it's never about making quality animations or achieving anything artistically. At this day you can still see the government manipulate the theater time table just to clear out any foreign competitors whenever a Chinese animation is released. Besides under the heavy censorship the artists simply can't draw what they want, it's not a good environment for creative industry of any kind. Opening its market to the world is not an option, because it just isn't the government's intention, and also lack of vision.

Ironically animation adaptations of web fictions/comics like this show is not monitored by the Chinese government, so right now they can do whatever they want and advertise to whoever it can reach, and they are probably the only Chinese animations that will gain any attention over the years. And you are going to see more and more of them.
raveninthemuddleJan 19, 2016 4:23 AM
Jan 19, 2016 6:33 AM

Nov 2012
Not what I was expecting. I think the comedy is kinda off, like, it's forced. Hopefully it gets a bit better.

Jan 19, 2016 6:41 PM

Nov 2009
BlueEyedUchiha said:
Not what I was expecting. I think the comedy is kinda off, like, it's forced. Hopefully it gets a bit better.

Probably won't, since the anime is following the manga exactly... so... don't get your hopes up.

It's is a Chinese based anime afterall... (and not just the story/stage/plot/setting)

BTW, in case ppls don't know the "tea" means "minute" (it was confusing in the manga too, and required a note for ppls to get it...)

This series will use A LOT of chinese terms... if you don't know the chinese references... well... you WILL find this series to be boring and shitty, because you won't get any of the "jokes".

Overall, this series is made so that you actually do need to know some Chinese culture/ history/ mythology/ terminology.

It's one of the reason why they rarely adept Chinese manhwa or series to an actual Japanese Anime. (besides most of Chinese manhwa stories and settings are 90% all the same)
amlgJan 19, 2016 6:58 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 19, 2016 8:22 PM

Nov 2012
amlg said:
BlueEyedUchiha said:

Probably won't, since the anime is following the manga exactly... so... don't get your hopes up.

It's is a Chinese based anime afterall... (and not just the story/stage/plot/setting)

BTW, in case ppls don't know the "tea" means "minute" (it was confusing in the manga too, and required a note for ppls to get it...)

This series will use A LOT of chinese terms... if you don't know the chinese references... well... you WILL find this series to be boring and shitty, because you won't get any of the "jokes".

Overall, this series is made so that you actually do need to know some Chinese culture/ history/ mythology/ terminology.

It's one of the reason why they rarely adept Chinese manhwa or series to an actual Japanese Anime. (besides most of Chinese manhwa stories and settings are 90% all the same)

Oh, I see. Good to know. Makes sense that they rarely adapt Chinese manhwa if it won't make much sense without some background knowledge.

Jan 20, 2016 8:25 AM

Jun 2014
I was expecting something like Seirei no Moribito, not the same thing I got. The comedy was ok but the animation is just derp.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 20, 2016 8:25 AM

Nov 2014
WHY IN THE F SOME STUDIO HAD TO PICK THIS NOVEL FOR ANIME ADAPTION. I mean, there are tons of great chinese novels out there like Coiling Dragon, I shall seal the heaven, Martial God Asura, Rennigade Immortal, Against the god, tales of demon and gods and battle through heaven.

-I can forgive anything, but damn the animation is terrible as terrible it goes.
Jan 22, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2015
I'm liking the retro feel of this anime, feels like I'm watching beyblade
Artwork really needs to improve
MC is average/okay
Purple haired woman is sexy
The episode was not shit. 2.5/5
AhoNoGinJan 22, 2016 9:50 AM
Jan 22, 2016 4:10 PM
Feb 2013
Well, that was not good, then again, it is adapted from a xianxia, and one who's not good, even for their (low) standard, so I guess that was to be expected. I should do more research on what I will try or not... now I will continue this series despite what I just say because even though I know it is objectively bad, they're still some part of me that kind of like this genre, well the beginning at least.
WhyktorJan 22, 2016 5:15 PM
Jan 23, 2016 7:38 AM

Oct 2010
KonW said:
did you guys just review it based solely on the animation quality lol?

to me its a refresh from all the mindless service/loli/waifu/panchira animes with some real plot and character development,

to the other guys looking forward to this show, wait for the subs , the animation is indeed shit tier but the overall plot is intriguing

I agree, I loved the 1st ep and I think it's better than most winter animes.

Hopefully we'll get a kickass female character soon.

Jan 28, 2016 5:03 PM

Jun 2013
at least it's kinda funny and seems interesting
Feb 6, 2016 6:04 AM

Dec 2012
The comedy is pretty bad :/. The main character reminds me Sinbad in Magi, I don't know why.
Feb 7, 2016 9:24 PM

Sep 2014
The animation needs improvement, but It isn't something I can't handle so idgaf.

Everyone here is ripping on the comedy, I on the other hand was laughing really hard at how ridiculous it was.

It felt kind of jumpy at times. I've read my fair share of Xianxia (I mean quite a lot), so I really want this series to shine so we can get a Coiling dragon or ISSTH perfect adaptation in the future. However, it felt like the series was just making everything a joke with little to no seriousness.

Still refreshing to see something different :D

@animasify

Usually in Xianxia they limit the age because they only want the younger generation with the most possible potential. So technically speaking if you're already 20 years old and haven't become a disciple of an outstanding clan/sect. you probably don't have talent.
GokuFeb 7, 2016 9:28 PM
Feb 23, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2012
Okay episode. Looking at the OP and ED, is MC gonna bang older purple haired chick? Cause that's what it looks like, and I'm cool with it. Manager looks so fine. When she gave him that bag with the key in it then the scene changed to her just looking outside, I thought she was actually waiting for him to come to her room, but he never showed up(If it were me, I would have). lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 13, 2016 7:51 PM
Sep 2015
I disagree with those who arbitrarily thought the comedy failed. It's just there are too many Chinese slangs and even online clause that are prevalant at the moment used in this anime which are very hard to impossible to be translated properly into Japanese or English. As a native mandarin speaker even I couldn't comprehand what the characters are talking about occationally but most of the time I found the dialogue to be cheeky hilarious (sometimes very low and obscene) and I couln't help but giving out a good laughter.
Apr 14, 2016 10:36 PM

Feb 2013
Interesting.....seems like it will be a plot filled action comedy.....which sounds just fine to me.
Oct 24, 2016 4:20 PM

Dec 2015
I really liked the OP, the song is so catchy.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 2, 2017 11:05 PM

Nov 2010
It seems to be pretty interesting so far even though I don't completely understand what's going on but the basic happenings is that there's a contest to find the greatest sage that will join in on a special clan.

The main character, the blond, Ouriku, is pretty smart. He's got some special powers in him but doesn't quite know it yet but you can tell that he's probably going to be one of the people that you have to beat for the contest. He's really smart, too.

And most of these characters are also really young.

NEW ANIME!!`` Well, for me. HAHA. I've never heard of this series but saw that it was going to have a season two so I thought that I might as well see what it's about. It seems pretty interesting so far and looks like it'll have a bit of comedy in it. I couldn't find a manga anywhere so I suppose I'll just write out what I think of the episodes like normal.
Apparently, people are trying to figure out how to stay in the VIP room. This random guy finds it and just goes right in. He's one of those characters with the red mark on his forehead.
HAHA. This blonde guy seems to be interesting. He seems to get what he wants by making these sorts of deals.

HAHAHA. OCHU. WTF. You pervert.

The next day happens and then the contest has started. They've first gotta cross through some sort of Golden Bridge and only people twelve and under can get through.

WHOA. OCHU BUMPS INTO THIS BIG KID. HAHA. I didn't think that Kai was twelve or under but... ehh. I'm guessing these are kids.

The inn keeper seems to like this blonde kid. He's doing so well and he's actually pretty smart. OH, MAN. That big guy dropped all the water and now the bridge is disappearing.
Apr 17, 2020 1:00 AM
Apr 2020
Ninijuj8jij8kJj
Jan 10, 2022 8:08 PM
Mar 2014
Damn animation aside, I'm really getting into this!
Feb 27, 2022 8:14 AM

May 2020
Chinese theme, interesting. That comedy not bad at all, still don't know what the story about.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Source novel

lotus_eater - Mar 21

0 by lotus_eater »»
Mar 21, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

18 by abc123fml »»
Oct 7, 2022 9:32 PM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

20 by sharosharo »»
Feb 28, 2022 6:27 AM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

16 by sharosharo »»
Feb 28, 2022 6:01 AM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

18 by sharosharo »»
Feb 28, 2022 5:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.