Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (75) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2016 4:17 AM

Nov 2013
I finally finished Life is Strange after starting it in december. It's quite dissapointing : average story, underdeveloped superpowers, bad ending but ok characters and nice graphic and gameplay.

Final Grade : C
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 23, 2016 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
Last Blade ll - 8/10
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - 9/10
Jan 24, 2016 9:02 PM

Apr 2014
Fallout 4 Ehhh 7.5/10

Jan 25, 2016 5:24 AM

Dec 2011
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix - 8.5/10
Crzy_MinusFeb 1, 2016 7:57 AM
Jan 25, 2016 11:05 AM

Sep 2012
LISA - 3/10

One of the most mediocre RPG I've ever played, if not the worse. Characters are incredible one-dimensional and lackluster (they basically say one liners and then join you just because or are the bad guys for the sake of it), the combo system in it's gameplay is kinda fun at first, but not every character has it and the higher your level is, the less you will use it. The story is just bad in general, average at the very best. The humor of the game is full of "lolsorandom" moments (power rangers joke that has been done a gazillion times already, you are bald so we are gonna kick your ass,etc), the change in tone comes out of nowhere (you go from a guy talking about random stuff that makes no sense to show how funny/delusional he is to some masked men appearing from the shadows and making you choose between cutting your arm off or killing your party member) without any buildup whatsoever, like the game doesn't know what it wants to be...

The "world has gone to hell and there is only a woman left so everyone wants to use her to repopulate mankind" setting is good and all, but the rest of the game is just handled poorly as hell. The ending would have been a strong one if they actually made you give a damn about the characters, but c'mon, they barely gave them any deep whatsoever and they are expendable to the point where you can lose from one to three of them in a forced RNG game halfway through if you don't reload your save. The idea behind this was good, not denying that, the problem was how underwhelming, boring and unsatisfaying the whole game was.
GoldenSaltPillarJan 25, 2016 11:10 AM
Jan 25, 2016 11:25 AM
Dec 2015
Oxenfree. I rate it 7.5
It was nice, but that's about it, story was ok but nothing really special... overall it was fun but i wouldn't say it's a must play.
Voice acting is great.
Jan 27, 2016 9:19 AM

Feb 2008
Dragon Age Inquisition: 10/10, best lesbian couple in all of Thedas.

Mirror's Edge: 8/10, pretty visuals and a lovely plot.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jan 28, 2016 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
Just finished playing SOMA. Solid 10/10 horror/survival game. Definitely worth playing; great story, interesting characters, fun immersive gameplay and great pacing.

Highly recommend it if you like horror games (though I didn't really find it scare at all tbh). Best horror game I've played since Alien Isolation.
Jan 28, 2016 5:31 PM

Jan 2016
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - 8,5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2016 1:13 AM

Mar 2012
Finding Teddy 2 - 8/10

Beautiful game in regards to pixel art and the gameplay mechanics are fun as hell. Some really interesting levels developed as well. The only things that kept it from being a great game were some minor level design flaws, some glitches, and it had a rather vague/empty ending.

Other than that, the game was REALLY enjoyable.
Jan 29, 2016 7:14 AM

Jul 2015
Undertale 6.5/10

Theme barely explored. The weaboo jokes were unbearable. Basic characters. The only interesting thing was how it satirized the genre. The gameplay characteristics (kill or mercy) are cool; but still very cryptic. Ok art, awesome soundtrack

"It's too noisy in here. Could you just shut up!"
Lain
Jan 29, 2016 7:18 AM

Sep 2011
OrthrosShrine said:
Undertale 6.5/10

Theme barely explored. The weaboo jokes were unbearable. Basic characters. The only interesting thing was how it satirized the genre. The gameplay characteristics (kill or mercy) are cool; but still very cryptic. Ok art, awesome soundtrack

^Have to agree with this. Tumblr meme game; not bad but hugely overrated. Thought the idea was great but poorly executed.
Jan 29, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2014
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 6/10 It was a decent hack & slash with decent visuals. I'm playing through the Metal Gear Solid series and I'm in the middle of MGS5 now.

Add me on League of Legends: BigT - NA Server
Jan 29, 2016 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
Samurai Shodown V Special (arcade version) - 9/10
Jan 29, 2016 8:28 PM

May 2014
Mass Effect 2 - 8.5/10

#Tali4Ever
Jan 29, 2016 8:32 PM

Dec 2015
smite

overall 9/10

some days it's less, some days it's more
Banner credit to @turnip
Feb 1, 2016 4:09 AM

Oct 2015
OFF 9/10

Only negative part is combat which is repetitive and too easy.
Other than that,it's great.
LOTGHLOTRFeb 7, 2016 11:27 AM

I really should change my name.

Feb 1, 2016 4:25 AM

Jan 2015
i just platinum'd bloodborne so i guess that would be the last game i finished
i'd probably give it a 7.5/10
Feb 2, 2016 10:55 PM

Dec 2011
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 10/10
Feb 3, 2016 4:15 AM

Jul 2013
I've just finished FFX HD Remaster a couple of hours ago. It was beautiful. I cried in the end man.

perfection/10

Seriously though what is with Final Fantasy and sad endings? FF7 Crisis Core has a sad ending. FFX too. Well I just started FF X-2 so there may still be hope. FF XII had a happy ending though. Looking at it, I haven't played that many FF games. I'm hoping FFXV won't be too over dramatic.
Feb 3, 2016 4:42 AM

Jan 2016
Undertale:

I am not one to get too caught up in hype, rather hype of most things put me off them in general. Sure, they're some that get through but they are usually before the hype gets rolling.

Undertale was a unique outlier for me, as I was playing it when I was surrounded by the hype. But I played it with an open mind and did not want it to be hampered by the hype surrounding the game.

The look of the game provided me with a nostalgic feel to games that I grew up with. It was quite the experience for me, seeing as you're taught not to hurt opposing characters in the game. Speaking of the characters, they were well-made and had a unique feel to them. They connect well with not only the player, but the other characters as well. The storyline hooked me in more with the game, providing a rollercoaster ride of emotions for the player. I loved the music also, even have some on my ipod.

It is quite the grind if you want to get the full experience of the story, which might be off-putting for some.

Despite the hype, it is still a fantastic game.

8.5/10
Feb 3, 2016 9:26 AM

Sep 2012
Mass Effect 1 - 6/10

The story starts of interesting enough (you lost your squad but because of your remarkable skills they want to make you a specter, one of the galaxies best men/enforcers) but then it goes all down the drain with the "Ancient evil has awaken" with a laughlable main antagonist that seems like he got bullied by humans in highschool and is prone to rage and getting violent, kinda reminding me of the edginess of Kylo Ren in the new Star wars movie (pretty mediocre movie BTW).

Characters are incredible uninteresting and undeveloped over the course of the main quest and unless you talk to them for a bit on your ship they will stay that way until the very end of the game, not saying absolutely anything worthwhile or funny in them aside from very few expecific points (and even then their dialog is very redundant). You know a game's characters are mediocre at best when the best thing they can write in their main story quest is a krogan with anger issues and a racist bullied-by-humans Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Gameplay is a mess. All the guns from the same type (shotguns, pistols...) feel exactly the same, the only difference being in their stats, and they barely look THAT different. The Mako sections are some of the worse stuff I've played, like, ever. Not only the controls felt like something straight from a GTA game (but worse) but the environments are bland as well. I mean, they're literally corridors that go in one direction and end up with a closed building in front of them, making you enter it to complete the quest or enter just to open the closed door in front of your vehicle for the sake of continuing towards the former.

The length of the game is very short (6-7 hours without any sidequest done, around 15-20 with them) and while the game has at points a lot of what seems to be "important choices", it eventually seems like it boils down to either being Virtuous or Renegade.

What the game does right, however, is the sense of scale and futuristic atmosphere of it (they really nailed that with all those cool races and planet designs), soundtrack and RPG elements, which makes for high replay value and a great amount of customization choices for your character.
Feb 4, 2016 4:14 AM

Feb 2015
Rise of the Tomb Raider 8,5/10
Feb 4, 2016 12:09 PM

Aug 2015
Life is Strange 9.5/10

Life is Strange, by Dontnod, is part of the story game trend that TellTale helped reinvigorate the last two console generations. I got to say that I hope the trend continues. I was getting so tired of running around from A to B shooting things or climbing towers in a wide variety of games. LiS is without a doubt, an excellent game. The characters are believable, the story well written, the music is well picked and enjoyable, and the graphics (while modest) dont detract from the immersion and the use of the chalk outlining is pretty cool. As some reviewers have noted, the lip syncing looks rather off, that is where I will take away .5 a point. Loved this game!
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Feb 4, 2016 6:14 PM

Dec 2007
Played through the Blackwell series over the past couple of weeks.. The games get progressively better.. I'd give the first a strong 6 or weak 7 and the last a strong 8, maybe weak 9 (I have mixed feelings on the ending).

A solid 8/10, overall. Really enjoyed my time with them.
SchnickelFritzFeb 4, 2016 6:46 PM
Feb 6, 2016 12:45 AM

Dec 2011
Final Fantasy X HD - 8/10

Loved it aside from the horrid level design and way too many unskippable(!) cutscenes. Tidus is my favorite MC in the franchise bar none and blitzball is the best minigame in the franchise bar none. It's a shame the rest of the cast was kind of bland though, especially Yuna.

PrimeX said:
I've just finished FFX HD Remaster a couple of hours ago. It was beautiful. I cried in the end man.

perfection/10

Seriously though what is with Final Fantasy and sad endings? FF7 Crisis Core has a sad ending. FFX too. Well I just started FF X-2 so there may still be hope. FF XII had a happy ending though. Looking at it, I haven't played that many FF games. I'm hoping FFXV won't be too over dramatic.

Well anyone who has played FFVII should know how Zack's story in Crisis Core will end. But you're right about it being the definition of "overdramatic" Anyway I have the same hopes for FFXV too.
Feb 6, 2016 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Sonic Adventure 2.
I'll give it an 8.5/10
Feb 6, 2016 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
The Legend of Dark Witch - 8.5/10
Nice and simple 2D platformer/shooter with solid controls and a good challenge, especially on the higher difficulty levels. Cute graphics, nice music, plenty of replay value if you aim for achievements and top times on the leaderboards. Totally worth it for its price.
Feb 7, 2016 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
Just finished Eiyuu Densetsu: Ao no Kiseki.

What a fucking game. The best Kiseki entry by far. Lloyd is a great MC and the badasses of Sigmund, Arios and Arianrhod were difficult as fuck to fight against.

Really loved Lloyd as the MC, much more coolheaded and logical with a fiery passion for his beliefs. These kind of characters usually come off as cheesy, but Falcom really knows how to make great characters. Lloyd just felt right.

The backstories of each character, the motives, crazy ass story and world building just makes me love the series even more.

Overall 10/10, if I could give it a higher rating I would.

Also that cliffhanger ending...
Feb 7, 2016 3:50 PM

Sep 2012
Deadly Premonition - 4/10

I'm gonna be straight; as a game, this sucks. I mean, is really, REALLY bad. Is like watching a trainwreck with no brackets going down a path with no end in sight. No, seriously, is just THAT awful. It is probably the most beautiful, unique and charming crap I've ever played. You could try to make a game bad and you will never come close to this perfect messterpiece

The controls are slow and clunky, the atmosphere is not scary at all and the enemies are so hilariously bad designed that will make you laugh instead of being scared. The graphics are mediocre, the framerate is a bigger mess than Dark Souls's Blightown, the lip synch is totally off in almost every single scene, the OST is repetitive to the point that you would think there are only 4 tracks in the whole game (whistle theme in particular) and are used at the WORST possible moment a couple of times. The open world design is filled with awkward and pointless decisions, the combat is boring and repetitive, since you will face the same enemies from the first area to the last (and for the most part only those) and they are extremely easy to kill. Finally, the characters are (for the most part) forgettable and uninteresting.

There are only two things that are worth anything in this game: the story/mystery (mostly the latter half) and the main character, Francis York Morgan. I don't exagerate when I say that this guy is pretty much what made me keep playing the game. Having a batshit insane FBI agent that has almost no tact for basic stuff whatsoever and that keeps talking to himself all the time is pretty endearing and even if the twist concerning his behaviour was kind of obvious, it made the finale emotionally satisfying.

Even though I gave it such a low score, I would recommend people to play this game. Well, maybe play it will make you want to kill yourself halfway, but at least try "experiencing" it in some way or another. You won't find a game like this easily.
GoldenSaltPillarFeb 7, 2016 5:03 PM
Feb 7, 2016 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad - 8/10
Feb 7, 2016 8:58 PM

Jan 2016
Last game that I finished was Tomb Raider - bought it on Steam for about $5 and finished within 10 hours. Great game
Feb 7, 2016 9:01 PM

Feb 2016
Journey. 10/10

Short game but one of my fav games of all time.
Feb 7, 2016 10:22 PM

May 2008
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 10/10
Feb 11, 2016 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
Legend of heroes: Trails of cold steel - 7/10
Good game, great combat system. The characters are decent for the most part but it has the trope I absolutely hate of the non blood sibling who has a thing for her brother.
Feb 11, 2016 9:24 PM

Feb 2016
5/7 perfect score for league of legends

No honestly that game is terrible, stay away from it and all the poison in ranked whatever you do

Good competition though
"Fucking buy it you shit-corn fuck"
Feb 12, 2016 4:47 AM

Sep 2014
Bloodbath Kavkaz 10/10

If you are russian, you will find this game so epic :D
If you are not, you probably won't understand most of things
Feb 12, 2016 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
Blazing Star - 8/10
Feb 12, 2016 8:13 PM

Feb 2016
Assassins's Creed Syndicate 7/10
Feb 15, 2016 2:58 PM

Sep 2015
Bloodborne GOTY Edition..It's a 10/10 without thinking too much.
Feb 15, 2016 9:20 PM

Nov 2015
Last game I finished was Game of Dice and everytime that I win a Match my reaction is........

Feb 15, 2016 10:37 PM

Jun 2011
All stars battle royale on PS Vita 7/10 pure fun specially the online :p
only 1 trophy left for my new platinum :D
Satou0KunFeb 15, 2016 10:40 PM
Feb 17, 2016 3:13 AM

Apr 2011
Metal Gear Solid. A solid 9/10 (pun intended).
Feb 17, 2016 1:09 PM

Mar 2014
Megadimension Neptunia - 10/10
Feb 17, 2016 1:52 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Rise of the Tomb Raider, 9.5/10

It's the sequel to the 2013 reboot of the franchise and Crystal Dynamics literally took everything that made the reboot great and made it better. The story while I felt was a bit cliche, actually took it's time to make itself something entertaining and worthwhile.

The graphics (I played on Xbox) were beautiful from start to finish. The mechanics were tight as ever and felt great no matter what weapon you had and the skill tree had so many options it made me keep playing to acquire them all along with the other collectibles.

It's a great game and I hope Crystal makes another entry for the series.
Feb 17, 2016 8:13 PM

Jun 2011
Killzone mercenary on Vita.. best killzone game 8/10
Feb 17, 2016 10:49 PM

Dec 2012
Devil Survivor 2 Break Record. I was worried that the game wouldn't be as good as Overclocked and being bored to death by the anime, but I've been blown away with how addicting Devil Survivor 2 is. I'll give this an 8.5/10. I'd lower my score of Overclocked to an 8/10.
Feb 18, 2016 2:27 AM

Jul 2013
I just finished FFX-2 HD Remaster a couple of minutes ago. It was great but still I prefer FFX. I give it 8/10. Kinda frustrating though because I spent 50 hours playing while following a guide yet I did not get the "best ending" because I only completed 98% and you can only view that ending when you get 100%. Good thing they have a NG+, which is, now that I think about it, created so people can get 100% on their second try.

Yuna X Tidus otp!
Feb 24, 2016 7:09 AM

Nov 2013
Just Finished Aviary Attorney, Anyone who like Phoenix Wright will probably enjoy this because it has similar gameplay. As for me, yes it was enjoyable but the characters were lacking and the game was way too short to be amazed by its worlds and story.

Anyway I think it's quite expensive on steam, don't buy it.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 25, 2016 12:47 PM

Jan 2012
Finished Mgs 4. Amazing movie!! Nice way to wrap up the story. I know you can play the whole game stealth mode but I felt like chp 4 n 5 forced you to go gunz blazin. 9/10

mgs 1 >= 2 > 4 > 3
you sound poor
Pages (75) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite strategy video games

EarthHero - May 31

34 by Alpha-Nine »»
32 minutes ago

» An old game you always wanted to play ,but never got the chance to play it?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

7 by Thy-Veseveia »»
2 hours ago

» What's yalls favorite Pokemon?

Conraddoyle - Feb 13

47 by Midna »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom announced

wildhood - Jun 18

7 by Midna »»
7 hours ago

» What are you're favourite Pokémon Games?

Pg13_ - May 27

28 by Midna »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.