Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
May 4, 2014 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
Yeesh, this episode was rushed as all hell. This show needs 26 episodes or so. 13 simply isn't enough.
Salmon is delicious.
May 5, 2014 4:20 AM

May 2013
Best parts of the episode:

1) "If you don't want to die, live!"
2) "I politely disagree with your politics, so I think I'll just level the whole fucking city and kill goddamn everybody."
3) "K man, it's cool, just don't try to exterminate the human race again. Later bro."
4) "She's sad now, so murder is OK."
5) "My detached arm is a weapon of mass destruction and savior of mankind, your argument is invalid."
6) "Sweet, Hug of Loli. That's +5 DEX +5 WIL."
7) "Plz everyone go kill yourselves for my trikey plz."
8) "Damn, we just killed off 90% of the cast in one episode. How many episodes do we have left this season? Shit."
9) "SUPER LIGHTNING TIGER GIGGGAAAA DRILL BURRUSSSSTTAAAAAA BLLAAAAAAAARGHHH!"
10) "He blocked one of my attacks. Guess I'll just die then. :("
----------
Let me tell you an incomprehensible story!
May 5, 2014 4:37 AM

Jan 2008
Why do people keep saying Kagetane died? He fell in the ocean. name one bad guy who fell in the ocean and ACTUALLY died. Unless they show the body, he's not dead. Hell, I doubt he even still has lungs to drown with.
May 5, 2014 9:53 PM

Apr 2013
I'm enjoying this show, but it has some serious exposition and pacing issues. The reveal that Kisara's grandfather was behind the Gastrea was too sudden and lacking in impact, as was the arrival of the level-five Gastrea itself. Also, Rentarou always had the ability to beat the guy in the mask, so why didn't he just beat him the first time? He's had those limbs all along, but he didn't use them solely for dramatic effect.
May 5, 2014 10:26 PM

Nov 2012
Damn they skipped a LOT of emotional parts... like A LOT, I was ready for the feels too.

Oh god, the virus and the effects are real.
Can someone do the math on how much of a chance Rentarou had when he injected himself with the Gastrea virus?

I feel sorry for Kohina... poor Kohina.

Damn, using your arm as a projectile... smart Rentarou. Heaven's Ladder was powerul, like, really powerful. I wonder what they're going to do now with Rentarou's right arm.

OH MY GOD KAYO!!! SENJOU KAYOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Wait, how did Rentarou know it was the old dude? Was it because Kagetane 'leaked' information?

Tricycle... Seitenshi-sama, just what is going on?!
Whose bracelet was that? I wonder...
7.2%, that can't be good at all. Time to find a cure
May 7, 2014 12:52 AM

May 2013
UsaraDark said:
Can someone do the math on how much of a chance Rentarou had when he injected himself with the Gastrea virus?

20% for each injection, so 80% chance of success. He injected 6 times.

(0.8)*(0.8)*(0.8)*(0.8)*(0.8)*(0.8) = 0.262144

He had about a 26% chance. Quite the gamble indeed, considering that his death would have ensured the extinction of mankind.

Would you do something that had 74% chance of annihilating your own species?
----------
Let me tell you an incomprehensible story!
May 7, 2014 2:07 AM
Apr 2011
CaviarMeths said:
UsaraDark said:

20% for each injection, so 80% chance of success. He injected 6 times.

(0.8)*(0.8)*(0.8)*(0.8)*(0.8)*(0.8) = 0.262144

He had about a 26% chance. Quite the gamble indeed, considering that his death would have ensured the extinction of mankind.

Would you do something that had 74% chance of annihilating your own species?

Do we know for a fact if all 6 vials equals one shot = 20% and they're meant to be all taken at once, or are they single dose each and Rentarou OD'd big time?
May 7, 2014 5:19 AM
Jun 2012
This anime reminds me so much of Claymore and the Yoma/Yoki plot device.

I'm convinced there's a connection between the Stage 5 Gastrea and Cursed Children. In which case the tricycle does make sense, but how could it be used?
May 7, 2014 7:11 AM

Jun 2013
Very fast paced episode. Not digging that.
May 7, 2014 11:39 AM

Feb 2010
Damnit Shuu
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 7, 2014 1:17 PM
Mar 2014
Who thinks that the creepy masqued guy is still alive. I hope.

Sorry for english mistakes but it's not my nature language.
May 8, 2014 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode with lights and shadows, a sin that has not been perfect in everything, especially not for the exaggeration view towards the end, but for the haste given to the narrative.
I must say I was amazed by the twists and turns that have made the story even more interesting.
Drawings not bad, little flaws here and there, but nothing bad. Too bad it is already out of the history of the figure of Kayo.
The future is bleak, but also so intriguing, I can not wait to see the next one.
A forced in some places, however, the story.
May 8, 2014 9:26 AM

Jan 2011
I'm disappointed, this turned into generic shounen shit. Q_Q
And suddenly it's all really pussy by putting the camera to the sky?
What happened to the good drama that was there in the previous episodes? ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 8, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2009
So, bearded old dude, top advisor to a rubber stamp monarch, tried to wipe out Tokyo because he doesn't like a particular law. How does this make any sense? Couldn't he use his political leverage to block any reform he doesn't like? Couldn't he just tell her "Don't pass that law, or you'll really regret it"? No, you just had to attempt genocide because you really, really hate lolis. And then you have the nerve to say that you're right, that's fucking golden.
May 10, 2014 4:29 AM

Sep 2013
no shogen back story about his concern for his initiator? well fck
also the manga did the fight more epic and the villain seems more stronger
LittorioMay 10, 2014 4:34 AM
May 10, 2014 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
The rail-gun was clearly a ripoff of Evangelion's positron sniper rifle..
and the "Stage 5's" or whatever are an attempt at angels..
removed-userMay 10, 2014 2:38 PM
May 10, 2014 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
I hope this show gets better because, even though I like it, it's not going to be one of my favorites anytime soon.
May 11, 2014 5:22 PM

May 2013
DAMN this show was honestly sucking ass until this episode happened, but wow.. this episode was just flat out brilliant. We'll see how the show goes for the rest of the series, but if this episode is any indication on how the show will go, good things are ahead.
May 11, 2014 11:09 PM

Jan 2014
Wow! That escalated quickly! Kill, reveal sth, kill, reveal sth. Cool.
May 12, 2014 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
God the other lolis last words were cheesy as hell.
May 13, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't really mind the pacing of the show but I found myself saying "wait slow down!" this episode. Too much stuff crammed in one episode >__< And that scene with the old dude, where did that even come from? It's like they're just throwing scene after scene and hope that nobody notices they're rushing things. Eek.

We all know the masked guy's alive. Landing on water, body never recovered? Yep.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 14, 2014 3:29 AM

Jan 2009
Needles to the stomach hurts; feel sorry for kayo's death; quite a predictable/generic ep

5/10
May 14, 2014 8:09 PM

Aug 2011
What am I watching...

- Protagonist is suddenly a badass half cyborg
- Pulls out unbroken vials of miracle drug
- No maintenance on the railgun which is their best weapon against level 5 Gastrea
- Out of 800mm railgun shells... use an arm which is nowhere near 800mm
- Fires at near light speed... difficult to aim at 50km away?

Show is still really fun once I turn my brain off.
May 16, 2014 3:26 AM

Aug 2013
for me this really felt like a last episode as in defeating the joker mask dude and destroying that giant ass thing
Yo
May 16, 2014 4:06 AM

Oct 2013
That's pretty fucked up to kill someone who just calls you a friend. But can't be helped, she was becoming a gastrea anyway.
I did not expected Rentarou to loose his right arm/leg and left eye though, he looked pretty BA.
I still have no idea why is Kisara still here in the show when they don't focus on her. I really want to see more of her character but I guess they skipped tons of her interactions. >.<
May 16, 2014 11:13 AM

Jul 2009
I just hope Enju won't die...
May 18, 2014 4:01 PM

May 2012
02:44 your deek?

03:05 Kiritsugu!!

04:35 dat long-s chanting

06:46 doryaっっっ

15:45 chuu wa doko?

6.5/10 for this episode.
Need better directors.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 21, 2014 3:38 AM

Feb 2013
So Death confirmed for practically everyone on the mission. except our MC's of course. Decent battle towards the middle. I'm not entirely surprised on the whole robotic limbs thing well except for the eye didn't really see that being robotic as well.

Terribly Obvious hint on what Gastrea truly are, although in most scenarios it only makes sense.

Dammit why you gotta lie Rentarou...

4/5
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
May 22, 2014 6:35 AM

Oct 2009
At least the OST is good.
May 27, 2014 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
It's over for me. I don't know if the adaptation is bad or the ln has SERIOUS issues. I think the last. Whatever, it wasn't interesting.
May 27, 2014 3:52 PM

Dec 2013
This might be the lolicon dream, but I find this annoying and boring as hell.
Jun 2, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2011
Pretty emotional episode with Senju's death :( At least we didn't see her for too long so the feels weren't too bad.

Glad to see that Satomi had something up his sleeve, even if it was a bit generic. Better than him getting whooped imo.

Hope there will be a solution for Enju's corrosion rate. She's definitely someone I don't want to see die.

And I have a feeling this won't be the last we'll be seeing of the masked fellow, Hiruko, and his daughter. Can't see someone like him be so easily defeated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2014 3:39 AM

Apr 2011
Well that was...sad.

RIP Kayo.
Jun 29, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
Nooo, Enju is going to turn into a Gastrea soon.

So Rentarou has a Varanium arm and leg. I don't think his eye is made of Varanium too is it?

The death was kinda sad but there wasn't enough build-up for it to have any impact. I guess I should read the manga to find out how much I'm missing out on.
Jun 29, 2014 5:04 PM

Dec 2012
That was quite an episode, it felt like I just finished a Hollywood action film. It's a shame to see Kagetane go so soon, I'm going to miss that crazy masked man. That Stage 5 was ridiculous but it was a bit underwhelming that they defeated one so easily. The tricycle in the suitcase definitely thickens the mystery behind the cursed children and their ties to the gastrea. It was shocking to see Enju so close to 50%, I wonder what causes them to corrode.

Oh and rest in peace Kayo. I can't say it affected me too much but it was still a touching scene and heartbreaking if that's what's going to happen to all cursed children.
Jun 30, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2014
Sooooo much happened this episode. The masked man slaughtered all the other elite pairs; then Rentaro already defeats the masked man (although since he fell in the sea, theres a good chance he probably isnt really dead). I was also surprised that the grandpa dude was the one that summoned the Stage 5. If the Stage 5s are named after the zodiacs, then I assume there are 12 total. And dat tricycle, so mysterious.
Jul 8, 2014 2:51 PM

Dec 2012
Talk about.. rushed...
I dont feel close to the characters. idgaf about the world ending because why should I feel attached the it? Cmon.. Atleast a little bit of development? No?
Jul 15, 2014 10:43 PM

Apr 2014
So the girl at the end tells him to keep raising his rank as a civil officer... but after killing the OP boss guy that killed all the top civil officers and defeating a stage 5, how the hell is he not considered to be one of the best now....
Jul 20, 2014 8:50 AM
Jun 2014
Magical happens...

Sugoii no work dayo!!!

I really like when the Kamen no Otoko attack others...

Looking cruel, is it, right?
Jul 27, 2014 5:26 AM

Jun 2009
Okay...what the fuck? This WAS episode 4 right? If there wasn't a preview for episode 5, I would've been conviced I accidently watched the last episode instead. The pacing of this show is all sorts of messed up. I think I've never come across something like that.

That also might have been the most easily defeated terrible monster that can "destroy the world" ever.
Jul 27, 2014 6:58 AM

Nov 2013
grandy_UiD said:
Okay...what the fuck? This WAS episode 4 right? If there wasn't a preview for episode 5, I would've been conviced I accidently watched the last episode instead. The pacing of this show is all sorts of messed up. I think I've never come across something like that.
Check out Brynhildr or Mahou Sensou, they're on a whole different level of shit pacing.

grandy_UiD said:
That also might have been the most easily defeated terrible monster that can "destroy the world" ever.
Yes well, blame shit adaptation for not explaining anything. This is the worst episode though so if you don't drop it at least it gets easier from here.
Jul 28, 2014 7:18 AM
May 2012
Woah, Rentarou looks kickass, but Masked Guy got defeated easily.
Weird ass looking Gastrea. Poor girl :/ Of course, her promoter died too.
Last 7.2 % remaining :O Rush is rush......oh well.
It was a bike, huh.........that's sad ;_;
Jul 29, 2014 1:46 AM

Jun 2009
Botato said:
grandy_UiD said:
Check out Brynhildr or Mahou Sensou, they're on a whole different level of shit pacing.

I actually watched Brynhildr just last week and and the pacing, while certainly not perfect, didn't seem nearly as ridiculous as the first four episodes of Black Bullet. Anyway, I'll finish the series today and it did get better after this episode..
Aug 6, 2014 1:04 AM

Apr 2011
So far so good ... Love the OP song, Tons of loli action which is awesome, but it's kinda rush ...
Aug 10, 2014 9:53 AM

Oct 2013
I really don't like the whole lolicon thing.. but Imma keep on watching in hopes this gets better xD
Aug 15, 2014 9:16 AM

May 2014
Nice episode. But what's up with that triciyle?
Aug 16, 2014 10:09 AM

Aug 2011
Baddie007 said:
So, it looks like that the real culprits are the higher ups.

No surprise there; that seems to be the standard in most animes.

Good episode, I wonder if Rentaro lied to Enju purposely or rather, was he lied to?
Aug 19, 2014 12:54 AM

Jan 2012
holy fucking pace batman

i think they just cram'd one season into 4 EPs. It's good and bad in a way, but they did pretty well overall.

Yup so Enju will turn into a monster. Rentarou reverts her back by getting stabbed by her and talk her through all the times they've been together. The TV chick are the people who experimented with new virus that will evolve human and grants them immortality b/c human will become extinct soon by some other virus or aliens or depleted resources.

So, then Rentarou and Enju will stop them and stop w/e is threatening human extinction in the process.
Aug 21, 2014 10:55 AM

Nov 2013
I really hate all the characters in this anime, and I usually rarely hate anime characters at all. The character interactions feel so fake and the emotional scenes so misplaced... this is a very bad anime so far...
Aug 25, 2014 4:09 AM

Jan 2012
Oh maaaaaaaan I knew he lied to her when he said 24.9 % T_T pls no, not my Enju
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Is it true that there is no hope? Do you still love this?

Ghefira - Jun 5

14 by Kostyazz »»
Jun 28, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2014

228 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 19, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2014

176 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 9, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2014

156 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 2, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

252 by cableguyjay »»
May 18, 9:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.