Forum Settings
Forums

You should feel bad if you're an anime only watcher and or don't support the industry. Why kill the people who make what you love?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 1, 2015 5:06 PM
Dec 2011
Niddy said:
b-but muh lolis

Nov 1, 2015 5:08 PM

Mar 2015
Mazaev said:
absentminded said:
but, but, but, we got guchumon wa usagi desuka, yuru yuri, hidan no aria AA, komori-san wa kotewaranai and onsen yousei hakone-chan is aired ATM.
Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit and shit. All of them are generic trash that won't be remembered in 10 years time.
but, but, but, muh seinen!
Niddy said:
b-but muh lolis
i prefer to wait it's doujin.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 1, 2015 5:50 PM
Dec 2014
1 most of the stuff I watch is old: good luck finding a 10 year+ old show for a reasonable price!
2 If piracy was unavailable I wouldn't have spent 300$ or more on getting it legally. Have you seen how much "Lodoss war" is on amazon?
Nov 1, 2015 5:55 PM
Dec 2014
Mazaev said:
absentminded said:
but, but, but, we got guchumon wa usagi desuka, yuru yuri, hidan no aria AA, komori-san wa kotewaranai and onsen yousei hakone-chan is aired ATM.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit and shit. All of them are generic trash that won't be remembered in 10 years time.

You get 50 shows every year. Doubt anyone will even remember what came out in 2015 in a few years time.
Nov 1, 2015 5:57 PM

Aug 2008
What about original anime like Code Geass,Love Live,Macross Frontier,Free and PMMM? Anime is not for the sole purpose of promoting the manga only.

I think the anime industry will prefer it if you buy the bluray/dvd to support the industry.
ZapredonNov 1, 2015 6:12 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 1, 2015 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
Because I don't read manga. And I don't care about the industry all that much. I still do my fair share of importing merchandise though.
Nov 1, 2015 9:41 PM

Jan 2015
Some people have a terrible selfish mentality. You don't force them to write source material for anime so why should you support them. If you enjoy something you should support them if you can. You don't have to spend $100 on some master collection, but buying the manga or dvd help a lot. I personally am not great with supporting anime/manga. Somewhat because I don't tell people I watch anime and not sure if I want a bunch of anime in my room. I have bought some of the spice and wolf LN. I plan on buying the novels when they come out for the irregular at magic high. I do try to support the creators even if its only a little.

About the industry, why do people say its bad? I have no knowledge of the industry so I am not sure of how it is doing currently or compared to 20 years ago. With the pricing, isn't t he pricing roughly the same as any show hear in america? Unlimited Blade Works the TV series is $20 for bluray for episode 0-12
RawrbertoNov 1, 2015 9:46 PM
Nov 1, 2015 9:42 PM

Dec 2014
I agree. It's pretty sad that most anime fans don't even care.
Nov 1, 2015 9:43 PM

Feb 2010
OP said:
Why kill the people who make what you love?

Why kill anyone? Stop the violence, we can talk about this.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 1, 2015 9:50 PM

Aug 2014
lol

this industry produces loli trash and harem garbage most of the time and don't forget the constant otaku pandering.... why the hell would I support this industry...

Comic_Sans said:
The anime industry should feel bad for being a bad industry
Nov 1, 2015 9:53 PM
Aug 2012
I just want to see the industry burn
Nov 1, 2015 9:54 PM

Feb 2010
Joss-de-Jarjayes said:
lol

this industry produces loli trash and harem garbage most of the time and don't forget the constant otaku pandering.... why the hell would I support this industry...

Comic_Sans said:
The anime industry should feel bad for being a bad industry

I'm assuming you have a handful of anime you don't hate with passion since you're on this site in the first place. Did they come out of something else than the anime industry even though they're anime? How does that work? Are you afraid supporting your favorites will finance 'loli trash'? I'd like to see how your logic works since what you said doesn't seem to relate to the topic of wanting to support what you like.
Nov 1, 2015 9:55 PM

Dec 2014
Sosunser said:
Joss-de-Jarjayes said:
lol

I'm assuming you have a handful of anime you don't hate with passion since you're on this site in the first place. Did they come out of something else than the anime industry even though they're anime? How does that work? Are you afraid supporting your favorites will finance 'loli trash'? I'd like to see how your logic works since what you said doesn't seem to relate to the topic of wanting to support what you like.
Nov 1, 2015 9:57 PM

Oct 2014
Sosunser said:
OP said:
Why kill the people who make what you love?

Why kill anyone? Stop the violence, we can talk about this.
I have problems and I'm willing to admit that
Nov 1, 2015 9:58 PM

Oct 2014
Mooncake said:
I feel like it'd be a big day in history mankind would never forget
Nov 1, 2015 10:01 PM

Aug 2014
Sosunser said:

The handful of anime that I like are exceptions, and exceptions prove the rule
Nov 1, 2015 10:02 PM

Jun 2014
I feel numerous anime fans outside Japan feel like they deserve something and think anime should cater to their personal feelings without supporting anything.

Anime cares about money, not you folk.
Nov 1, 2015 10:08 PM

Oct 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
I feel numerous anime fans outside Japan feel like they deserve something and think anime should cater to their personal feelings without supporting anything.

Anime cares about money, not you folk.
sadlly many still wouldn't support it anyway if we're bieng honest
Nov 1, 2015 10:08 PM

Feb 2010
Joss-de-Jarjayes said:
Sosunser said:

The handful of anime that I like are exceptions, and exceptions prove the rule

But supporting exceptions does not mean supporting what you hate ('the industry', apparently) but just the parts that you seem to like. I just don't see why only liking some series and disliking the majority leads to an absolute refusal to support the few things you like, but okay.
Nov 1, 2015 10:17 PM

Oct 2013
Comic_Sans isn't someone you should take seriously. On topic, I only buy manga.
Nov 1, 2015 10:17 PM

Aug 2014
Sosunser said:

But supporting exceptions does not mean supporting what you hate ('the industry', apparently) but just the parts that you seem to like. I just don't see why only liking some series and disliking the majority leads to an absolute refusal to support the few things you like, but okay.

I'm a man of few words; I could've written 100 lines explaining why, but in the end it would lead us back to what I stated above.
Nov 1, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2012
mochabearkawaii said:
mayukachan said:
Why should I buy imported manga that I can't even fucking read?
You don't read any translated manga?
Nothing I want to read/collect is licensed in English. And if they are, they're already out of print (Mars, Nodame Cantabile, Honey and Clover, Sand Chronicles)
Nov 1, 2015 10:23 PM

Dec 2014
keragamming said:
Comic_Sans isn't someone you should take seriously.
True
Nov 1, 2015 10:24 PM

Feb 2010
mayukachan said:
mochabearkawaii said:
Nothing I want to read/collect is licensed in English. And if they are, they're already out of print (Mars, Nodame Cantabile, Honey and Clover, Sand Chronicles)

Goddamn Mars, been trying to acquire the volumes second-hand for months now but not even that has been working out :/. And I'd even go for german ones, but they're out of print too :(.
Nov 1, 2015 10:29 PM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:
mochabearkawaii said:
what a shame
Nov 1, 2015 10:31 PM

Jul 2012
Sosunser said:
mayukachan said:

Goddamn Mars, been trying to acquire the volumes second-hand for months now but not even that has been working out :/. And I'd even go for german ones, but they're out of print too :(.
I've managed to find 9 volumes around my city. Had to go to 15+ different second hand bookstores. Can't believe people would sell this gem away. It's a shame I can't just find any volume of choice online :/
Nov 2, 2015 12:02 AM

Mar 2014
NipahAllDay said:
Sosunser said:

Don't get me wrong I like my favorite anime too and I wouldn't give a shit about my money financing "loli trash" (I suppose you're referring to stuff like Puta Madoka and Love Live?) if I supported my favorites

But look if I had to choose between supporting an illegally harsh industry whose animators earn less than your average university student and getting my favorite Japanimation legally and not supporting the industry and getting it illegally I'd rather just go with the latter and watch it die

Besides there's already a shit ton of anime out there so I don't think I'll run out of things to watch for a while
NipahAllDay said:
keragamming said:
Comic_Sans isn't someone you should take seriously.
True
Is that why you two (or Nippah, at least) are trying to smear me all the time?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 2, 2015 12:25 AM

Dec 2012
You as a source material supporter should feel bad for not supporting the sound director, series composition supervisor, producer, key animators, or character designers by lining their pockets personally despite their not so hot wages.
Nov 2, 2015 12:28 AM

Jul 2014
Try using a VPN to change your location to eastern Europe, Scandinavia, South America or Australia and go visit Crunchyroll or Funimation.

See how many airing shows you find.

Go pull yer head out your arse.
Nov 2, 2015 7:19 AM
Dec 2014
Mooncake said:

So long as bakaBT stays online I could live with that. So much good anime has already been made that I wouldn't run out any time soon.
Nov 2, 2015 7:24 AM

Oct 2014
There is a reason why the anime industry, in most cases, does not give a single shit about any sales outside Japan...
Nov 2, 2015 8:41 AM

Dec 2014
Comic_Sans said:
NipahAllDay said:
Don't get me wrong I like my favorite anime too and I wouldn't give a shit about my money financing "loli trash" (I suppose you're referring to stuff like Puta Madoka and Love Live?) if I supported my favorites

But look if I had to choose between supporting an illegally harsh industry whose animators earn less than your average university student and getting my favorite Japanimation legally and not supporting the industry and getting it illegally I'd rather just go with the latter and watch it die

Besides there's already a shit ton of anime out there so I don't think I'll run out of things to watch for a while
NipahAllDay said:
True
Is that why you two (or Nippah, at least) are trying to smear me all the time?
I honestly stop caring about your opinion after the dub argument. I don't try to ruin you, I just argue with you to see what you are like. What was the last time I actually try to make a serious argument with you after the dub debate? I just think you are just a troll that try to make people mad. No h8 tho. I just don't like you, but not enough to despise you.

As for assuming I was talking about Love Live and madoka magica. I wasn't even thinking about them. Love Live isn't really a loli show, so why would you think I was talking about it? I really don't want to debate with madoka magica since most of the time it's just pointless.
NipahAllDayNov 2, 2015 8:51 AM
Nov 2, 2015 9:19 AM

Jan 2015
This is the age of internet, culture shouldn't be restricted by money. Anime won't disappear, we'll just make the business model change that's all.
Nov 2, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
It's not like you support the mangaka by reading his/her works for free online either.

Edit; Also, OP clearly watch more anime then read manga so what was the point of this thread other then trolling?
Nov 2, 2015 9:26 AM

Aug 2015
I do support the manga industry. I buy a few light novel and manga volumes every week
Nov 2, 2015 9:28 AM

Oct 2014
Chibi-Alice said:
It's not like you support the mangaka by reading his/her works for free online either.

Edit; Also, OP clearly watch more anime then read manga so what was the point of this thread other then trolling?
I have bought plenty of manga I'm not trolling. I support the creators m
And long ago I had the full dbz boxset
Nov 2, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2015
Helenus said:
So I should feel bad because I watch anime that is offered FOR FREE on Japanese television?

According to your 'logic', one should feel bad for watching commercials and not buying every product that's shown on TV.

Weird.

What the hell is the OP talking about ??
Sething is wrong with him .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nov 2, 2015 10:01 AM

Apr 2012
I only watch anime ironically

Nov 2, 2015 10:14 AM

Apr 2011
No, you should feel bad for trying to guilt trip other people using stupid logic.
Nov 2, 2015 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
Nippah said:
I honestly stop caring about your opinion after the dub argument. I don't try to ruin you, I just argue with you to see what you are like. What was the last time I actually try to make a serious argument with you after the dub debate? I just think you are just a troll that try to make people mad. No h8 tho. I just don't like you, but not enough to despise you.
If you really didn't care about me then you wouldn't try to insult me every time I dare to criticize dubs/the anime industry/your favorite anime/whatever and trashtalk with other users about me

And no I am not a troll, I just don't like mincing words

Dub lovers like to say "Nobody's forcing you to listen to this dub"

I say "Nobody's forcing you to read my posts"
As for assuming I was talking about Love Live and madoka magica. I wasn't even thinking about them. Love Live isn't really a loli show, so why would you think I was talking about it? I really don't want to debate with madoka magica since most of the time it's just pointless.
Why would I assume you were talking about Puta Madoka and Love Live when you didn't even type a proper reply to my original comment and just chose to quote instead? I was talking to Higashi, not you
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 2, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
You can't force me to spend a single penny.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Nov 2, 2015 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
To add to my post, yes we are clearly killing the people who make what we love. They decided to work in the anime industry and we are killing them. They obviously knew the consequences right?
Nov 2, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
Zapredon said:
Anime is not for the sole purpose of promoting the manga only.
Nov 2, 2015 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
I would import the entire HxH collection if I could read Japanese.
Nov 2, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2010
Comic_Sans said:
Nippah said:
If you really didn't care about me then you wouldn't try to insult me every time I dare to criticize dubs/the anime industry/your favorite anime/whatever and trashtalk with other users about me

Why would I assume you were talking about Puta Madoka and Love Live when you didn't even type a proper reply to my original comment and just chose to quote instead? I was talking to Higashi, not you

Don't ask me what 'loli trash' stands for, I was just quoting that other guy.
Nov 2, 2015 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
Sosunser said:
Comic_Sans said:

Don't ask me what 'loli trash' stands for, I was just quoting that other guy.
Oh ok
Nico- said:
Nov 2, 2015 11:02 AM

Oct 2014
Agafin said:
I would import the entire HxH collection if I could read Japanese.
will you get the dub?
Nov 2, 2015 11:03 AM

Oct 2014
RainHeaven said:
To add to my post, yes we are clearly killing the people who make what we love. They decided to work in the anime industry and we are killing them. They obviously knew the consequences right?
yes but they do it because it's also their passion.
Nov 2, 2015 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Nippah said:

since I am at school and using my phone, I'm going to make it short. I'm not trying insulting you. The reason why I say true to the other guy is because I agree with him. It doesn't got to do with insulting you. If you feel like I'm trying to degrade you then I'm sorry if I make you think that. We never really argue about the industry, but the only time we actually argue for real is the dub part. When you insult my favorite anime, I usually reply in a stupid way. Which is why in the survey thread I reply with random response when I figure out it was you that was insulting ll and madoka.

The dub fans deal a lot of bs, give them a break.

Well you mentioned those two anime(and you quoted my name in your comment), so I assume you were talking to me. Also who is higashi?

But that's not the point. I don't really want to be in this drama. I'm sorry if you feel mad that I was "talking back" to you, but I prefer if we stop. I'll stop insulting you if you try to not insult my preference. I have a lot of thing to say to you, but I can't say much since I'm in my club and using a phone.
NipahAllDayNov 2, 2015 12:00 PM
Nov 2, 2015 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
Also comic_sans, it's kinda hard to navigate MAL on phone, so it was kinda hard to see who you were talking to. Also what's with you and insulting the anime i like? It's really immature to keep mentioning those anime because you know I like those anime.
NipahAllDayNov 2, 2015 12:02 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» If you could do one major change in an Anime, what would it be?

MoshiMochi43 - Jun 23

32 by traed »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you think Pokemon was the reason anime became mainstream in the US during the 90s and 2000s?

funtime43_tr - 1 hour ago

3 by Ricchan__ »»
7 minutes ago

» "The highest quality anime."

9765 - 53 minutes ago

5 by 9765 »»
9 minutes ago

» Will we ever get a VA as good as Hirano Aya?

Catalano - Jun 23

29 by Zarutaku »»
25 minutes ago

» Has Ufotable Perfected Walking?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

15 by Catalano »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.