Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 16, 2015 3:45 AM
Aug 2012
xcess090 said:
It was more enjoyable than the first episode even though I'm not entirely impressed yet. The action was definitely great to see, I do hate his armour's design though, the CG usage aside it's not that great imo. Is there an actual significance to the Yamata no Orochi or it's there because it sounds cool and based on a pretty interesting legend? I thought it was because he cuts his enemy 8 times like the number of the Orochi's heads but the yellow lines were 7 not 8 so I'm not sure.

Well the attack was supposed to be used by spinning 8 times and unleashing 8 slashes all at once.........well considering how bad the actions was compared to the source material, these little details doesn't really matter much in this adaptation.

Oct 16, 2015 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
xcess090 said:
It was more enjoyable than the first episode even though I'm not entirely impressed yet. The action was definitely great to see, I do hate his armour's design though, the CG usage aside it's not that great imo. Is there an actual significance to the Yamata no Orochi or it's there because it sounds cool and based on a pretty interesting legend? I thought it was because he cuts his enemy 8 times like the number of the Orochi's heads but the yellow lines were 7 not 8 so I'm not sure.

Well the attack was supposed to be used by spinning 8 times and unleashing 8 slashes all at once.........well considering how bad the actions was compared to the source material, these little details doesn't really matter much in this adaptation.

I see, good to know I wasn't that far off. I do think you're completely right about the small details not mattering though considering Ouka was thrown through a fountain but remained completely dry. The action was entertaining in the end to me considering I haven't read the source so that's a bonus I guess.
Oct 16, 2015 6:00 AM
Aug 2012
xcess090 said:
I see, good to know I wasn't that far off. I do think you're completely right about the small details not mattering though considering Ouka was thrown through a fountain but remained completely dry. The action was entertaining in the end to me considering I haven't read the source so that's a bonus I guess.

Well do give the LN a try after the show ends, the adaptation really rushed volume 1 and the battles were much better.

Oct 16, 2015 6:08 AM

Aug 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
xcess090 said:

Well do give the LN a try after the show ends, the adaptation really rushed volume 1 and the battles were much better.

yeah imo, the LN is a lot better

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 16, 2015 6:38 AM

Feb 2014
I don't find this episode rushed at all. In fact, this is much better than Rakudai and Asterisk (so far).
Oct 16, 2015 6:41 AM

Dec 2013
Am i supposed to take this seriously?
The whole episode felt like a huge joke and cringy

"who killed cock robin?" man who thought of this?
Oct 16, 2015 6:41 AM

Apr 2009
@tetrix i agree on that and hey 35 Shoutai gets more interesting than hidan no aria aa also
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 16, 2015 6:44 AM

Aug 2014
When I saw Kusanagi in that form in the OP, I thought he have that power right from the start. That would be much more badass..
That battle looks like a tutorial battle from some game I know.. Can't take.. That.. Battle... Seriously...

Overall, action in this episode is pretty nice. What's the deal with Ouka's weapon though? Is it a relic eater too?
Oct 16, 2015 6:45 AM
Aug 2012
tetrix1993 said:
I don't find this episode rushed at all. In fact, this is much better than Rakudai and Asterisk (so far).

Because both of those are taking it slow (though Rakudai 2nd episode wasn't that good because of changes) and this one just rushed through 1 volume because of reasons. Even the action scenes were badly done.......

Well good for you, it will let you enjoy the superior source material much more if you read it later.

Kay_Lite said:
Overall, action in this episode is pretty nice. What's the deal with Ouka's weapon though? Is it a relic eater too?

Yes it's a relic eater called Vlad...........the name should be familiar.

Oct 16, 2015 7:43 AM

Jun 2013
the Op is meh the action is good the ost is ok but damn the pacing is fast wait who the fuck is cock robin lol the ED is better than the Op
Oct 16, 2015 7:44 AM

Aug 2014
cruzateu said:
Am i supposed to take this seriously?
The whole episode felt like a huge joke and cringy

"who killed cock robin?" man who thought of this?

thats a nursury rhyme

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 16, 2015 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
Episode much better, even if you can not cry miracle. Narrative has that bit of action that makes it pleasant to use, but unfortunately, as in previous events are narrated too quickly. The overall quality is decent, the character design of Lapis, I do not really like and is similar to many already seen. Opening and ending catchy.
Oct 16, 2015 9:14 AM

Feb 2015
"Who killed coco Robin?"... Wait, what?! ⊂•⊃_⊂•⊃

I didn't understand Ouka's flash back. And the episode was too rushed!
Oct 16, 2015 9:25 AM
Aug 2012
MagnaMoon said:

Well here is the short version:

Maybe Silver Link will show it properly later but they did a terrible job at showing it this episode.

Oct 16, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
Such a damn good episode!
Oct 16, 2015 9:58 AM
Apr 2015
Op song is fine for me. if i remember takeru witch hunt form dint cover the head. it is only cover if i remember right when he is in god slayer mode.
Oct 16, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2008
The protagonist gained relic eater and he is no longer powerless, a witch joined in next episode, will be this girl Nikaidou Mari she got arrested and she joined 35.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 16, 2015 11:16 AM

Aug 2014
GlacierFrost said:
Op song is fine for me. if i remember takeru witch hunt form dint cover the head. it is only cover if i remember right when he is in god slayer mode.

yup, your right

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 16, 2015 12:06 PM

Jun 2010
Oh great more stupid-ass mini-mech suited protagonists.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 16, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2015
LMAO that Cock Robin chant though, anyawys this ep is better at least to the fact that I enjoyed it until the end from the way they used the CG, that chant, that Lapiz..........
Oct 16, 2015 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Well i tried to tell myself it will be okay.......they will somehow do it in 1 episode...........somehow..........it's Silver Link........rushing isn' always bad..........but this WAS seriously quite bad, it's like watching an amv or summary, rather than an adaptation. .

If that's going to be your attitude from now on you can just drop it. The anime team has 9 volumes so of course things are going to get cut. You are not being fair it cannot acceot that. They hit all importants of volume without focusing pointless fluff that isn't relevant later. Furthermore most these just stern from you having read book. Most people I've seen on web including here enjoyed this fight and the episode regardless of what was cut. That means they a good job under their conditions.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
MagnaMoon said:

Well here is the short version:

Maybe Silver Link will show it properly later but they did a terrible job at showing it this episode.

You can infer Ouka was maniuplated into killing family herself thanks to Witch by information provided in the show.

The text in scene implies that you just get the full details on it, but it's not necessary at this time to know everything because it comes back into the story later.
Iron_MawOct 16, 2015 1:49 PM
Oct 16, 2015 2:15 PM
Aug 2012
Jagd84 said:

If that's going to be your attitude from now on you can just drop it. The anime team has 9 volumes so of course things are going to get cut. You are not being fair it cannot accept that. They hit all important of volume without focusing pointless fluff that isn't relevant later. Furthermore most these just stern from you having read book. Most people I've seen on web including here enjoyed this fight anb episode regardless of what was cut. That means they a good job under their conditions.

Don't worry i won't be whining each episode but i don't think i am being unfair for this particular episode. They still didn't bother explaining Takeru's ability and it's backlashes which is pretty important. Neither did they bother with Vlad's ability. Also i see many people being confused by the pace and getting wrong impressions. Let's leave it at that.

The action, i don't know how that can be called good. This may feel like bragging but i am quite lenient when it's comes to most anime and don't go around looking for plotholes and cliches. I am not even complaining about the CG or the Iron-man style helmet (i believe it was a good addition even though it's supposed to come much later). But the actual fighting scene was pretty bad. Even without LN, it just looks like 2 robots trying to tackle each other instead of any kind of sword fight. No proper fight, no choreography, nothing and compared to the LN, it's almost trash-tier. Seeing "Knights of the Round" turn into "Purple-colored Bullets" was way too disappointing.........

If Silver Link is going to make the action scenes this bad and rush things so much, they shouldn't have bothered with trying to adapt 9 Volumes. Even Tokyo Ravens, which adapted 9 volumes in 24 episodes spent at least 3 episodes on the first volume and did pretty well even while cutting some events here or there but this was utterly disappointing for me after liking the first episode..

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You can infer Ouka was manipulated into killing family herself thanks to Witch by information provided in the show.

The text in scene implies that you just get the full details on it, but it's not necessary at this time to know everything because it comes back into the story later.

Giving the full story this time would have helped the viewers understand about Ouka's vengeance. Now until volume 7 is adapted, it's going to be a typical "Bad Guys killed my family and i want revenge" story for her and i doubt they are going to waste time explaining her story again. The scene lacks any impact and they should have done it better. Backstories are important for the characters in this show.........

Oct 16, 2015 2:24 PM

May 2015
I honestly can't complain about the action this episode had, it was pretty good in my opinion. Pace of the episode felt pretty weird at the beginning. Still enjoyed this episode.

Oct 16, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2015
Amazing Ending tho i felt like the happiest madafaka lol
takero x ohtori shipping is on
i was a bit confused with how shit escalated quickly
but nonetheless great episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2015 5:45 PM

Apr 2013
This show has pretty damn decent animation, one of the better ones i'm watching this season, to look at anyway. The story is alright, and the pacing for the battle was pretty good. I think Ootori thawed her frosty demeanor a little too fast though. At least it felt that way. And i like the dynamic between the Inquisitors and the witches. I'm not entirely sure each side is all good, or all bad. We shall see. Ooo i love Lapis too.
Oct 16, 2015 6:15 PM

Dec 2014
Heh, Vlad's VA is the same one for Kotomine Kirei. And that einherjar's name was Arthur Pendragon.

Anyways, Lapis is an interesting character.
Oct 16, 2015 8:15 PM

May 2015
I mean, Ayato and Yotaro have already gotten their OP powers already, so Takeru feels left out in the battle harem protagonist power race lol
Oct 16, 2015 8:59 PM

Dec 2013
The story seems interesting and all, but why does it feel so rushed. I'm not talking about the first part or whatnot, I mean the development of Ootori from being aloof and unfriendly to giving Kusanagi a lap pillow. I just don't feel like Kusanagi really did much or put much effort in getting to that point, and it didn't make much sense to me. One talk by the grave, one battle later and suddenly they're all buddy-buddy. Seriously?

Still, I like the show, so hopefully things will get more interesting next episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 16, 2015 11:00 PM

Feb 2011
After hearing more complains from those who noticed the pacing is too fast, I can only recommend the source material be read while watching. If you drop it, don't assume the source material is also bad. That's pretty much what every LN read is going to tell you. As for me, I'd recommend the manga just for more details concerning the first 2 episodes if you don't mind overkill fanservice. It doesn't neglect the explanations and character development, but you'll notice some differences in the action scenes and less censorship.

As for those who can't tell the pacing is too fast and believe it's perfectly fine the way it is, I can only assume you don't care about the details and just want to see what happens next. Nothing wrong with that, but your settling for less. If you want the best possible experience, read the source material. Spoken form someone who hasn't read it, but confident it does its own story justice. This adaptation obviously isn't going to live up to the source material, but it seems it'll cover the majority of whats been published.
ReloadOct 16, 2015 11:06 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 16, 2015 11:16 PM

Oct 2014
Is it just me or...

2nd line after the OP... is that... Aya-nee (Taketatsu Ayana) ?
Oct 17, 2015 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
I was excited when Kusanagi got a power-up, but then I saw it was CGI armor. God dammit.

On a positive note, I love Kusanagi & Ouka's voice.
Oct 17, 2015 12:29 AM

Mar 2010
Reload said:
After hearing more complains from those who noticed the pacing is too fast, I can only recommend the source material be read while watching. If you drop it, don't assume the source material is also bad. That's pretty much what every LN read is going to tell you. As for me, I'd recommend the manga just for more details concerning the first 2 episodes if you don't mind overkill fanservice. It doesn't neglect the explanations and character development, but you'll notice some differences in the action scenes and less censorship.

As for those who can't tell the pacing is too fast and believe it's perfectly fine the way it is, I can only assume you don't care about the details and just want to see what happens next. Nothing wrong with that, but your settling for less. If you want the best possible experience, read the source material. Spoken form someone who hasn't read it, but confident it does its own story justice. This adaptation obviously isn't going to live up to the source material, but it seems it'll cover the majority of whats been published.

I've read both the LN and manga. The details are pretty minor and most of it composes of fanservice and exposition. None of that is necessary to understand story and people are unlikely to like this more because of them. The anime doesn't not need to be 1:1 of source, it just needs deliver the story coherently in own within whatever format is decided. Getting to meat of the plot is what actually has allowed this show standout from the likes of Asterisk and Rakudai. Lastly just let enjoy the show on its' own merits. Yes it's rushed, but if it is still enjoyable then doesn't matter.
Oct 17, 2015 1:08 AM

Feb 2014
I killed Cock Robin, WTF IS THAT hahahahahha

Besides that it was actually pretty good episode. Will watch more. Better than the other harem ecchis this season which I have all dropped.
Oct 17, 2015 1:27 AM

Aug 2014
garydai said:
I was excited when Kusanagi got a power-up, but then I saw it was CGI armor. God dammit.

it's not like the cgi is bad or anything.

eXtacy67 said:

Besides that it was actually pretty good episode. Will watch more. Better than the other harem ecchis this season which I have all dropped.

read the earlier posts. its a nursery rhyme from norse myths which

Jagd84 said:
Reload said:

I've read both the LN and manga. The details are pretty minor and most of it composes of fanservice and exposition. None of that is necessary to understand story and people are unlikely to like this more because of them. The anime doesn't not need to be 1:1 of source, it just needs deliver the story coherently in own within whatever format is decided. Getting to meat of the plot is what actually has allowed this show standout from the likes of Asterisk and Rakudai. Lastly just let enjoy the show on its' own merits. Yes it's rushed, but if it is still enjoyable then doesn't matter.

meh, what gets me is the fact that they arent explaining anything like they did in the light novels, and they are skipping some character development scenes.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 17, 2015 1:34 AM

Aug 2013
ShuukaAAT said:
garydai said:

it's not like the cgi is bad or anything.

It doesn't look bad, but it certainly is distracting.
Oct 17, 2015 1:51 AM

Mar 2013
Was the necromancer/alchemist meant to be a slight nod to Full Metal Alchemist?
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 17, 2015 2:14 AM

Dec 2011
Was pretty excited to watch the OP because I want to see if there's a certain character there..... and yes!

All in all, the episode was not that bad. It felt rushed, especially at the beginning, but the second part made up for it. That Witch Hunter form was good to see. I do wish they would explain his attacks a bit more, especially the "Soumatou".

For Ouka's backstory.... all I can say is, more to come.
Oct 17, 2015 2:25 AM

Apr 2010
Am watching this and Cavalry, gotta say after episode 2 that this is definitely the better series so far. Didn't bother with Asterisk.
Oct 17, 2015 3:18 AM

Sep 2010
I didn't know I was watching new version of power rangers!
Oct 17, 2015 6:32 AM

Dec 2012
Disappointed by the fight after the transformation, it was so much better without the armor. Same thing with the Cock Robin part, very weird.
The opening is too generic, fortunately the ending is very good :)
Oct 17, 2015 7:16 AM

Mar 2010
ShuukaAAT said:

meh, what gets me is the fact that they arent explaining anything like they did in the light novels, and they are skipping some character development scenes.

Actually they explained all the relevant things you need to know to understand the story and kept focus Ouka's eventually turn around after Takeru proved he could be relied on.
Oct 17, 2015 7:49 AM

Apr 2013
The hallmark magic incantation made no sense.
Oct 17, 2015 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
Liked the first better, the action came out of nowhere and made no sense, still like Ouka though.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 17, 2015 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
Just became one of my fav this season.
"Ba-ba-ba-bum! Congratulations."
Oct 17, 2015 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
They should have killed the caster.
Oct 17, 2015 1:37 PM
Jan 2013
I don't trust this chairman and this whole inquisition system. If all magic books and tools are so dangerous why not to destroy them instead of confiscating them??

I wonder if this chairman is not pulling something what Vatican pulled, kept all knowledge for themselves so that they can have more power
rikuhodOct 17, 2015 1:42 PM
Oct 17, 2015 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
Jagd84 said:

It's true that enjoyment is all that matters; but as I mentioned, the non-readers are settling for less. If a non-reader can tell it was rushed, then I'm sure it's ruining the enjoyment. I watched the first episode with friends and we didn't have a clue what was going on. I was the only one out of 3 friends who decided to continue watching it. 1 out of 3! And only because I decided to read up on the missing material. Sure the plot can stand alone without any character development, but it is necessary to get to know the characters and see them develop properly. I'm not saying it needs to be 1:1. Even though Asterisk also cut out a few things, they either changed the timing of encounters or took them out all together. This show pretty much kept all of the encounters but cut them all short. It's not ideal to leave viewers hanging every 5 minutes. I'm sure Rakudai is better adapted as well. I believe what makes this show standout is the military-like setting and the occasionally out of control MC and heroine. It doesn't seem like much focus was put into the school setting besides the age of the characters.
Jagd84 said:
... they explained all the relevant things you need to know to understand the story and kept focus Ouka's eventually turn around after Takeru proved he could be relied on.

Relevance isn't all that's necessary. The transition from one relevant point to another is also necessary to avoid confusion. I can let it slide if things go more smoothly later. It'll be new territory for me since I've only read the manga. I'm hoping the fast pace and negligence isn't as noticeable. As for the focus on Ouka, the turn around was too quick. It's comparable to mood swings. Characters don't get that close that quickly. If they did, every romance would bear fruit in 2 episodes. I know that's not how close they got, but it may as well have been.
ReloadOct 20, 2015 9:40 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 17, 2015 7:24 PM

Aug 2014
simbee said:
The hallmark magic incantation made no sense.

it's a nursery rhyme, read earlier messages.

eXtacy67 said:

read the earlier posts. its a nursery rhyme from norse myths which

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 17, 2015 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
Felt like watching Campione again **sigh**
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Oct 18, 2015 2:49 AM
May 2015
Whoa, is Ohtori the one who stabbed her family cu'z it kinda look like her in her flash back scene?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

143 by Datlon »»
Jan 25, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.