Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 18, 2015 3:59 AM
May 2015

Stupid Ayato,you've just lost your opportunity to bang Claudia.
Oct 18, 2015 4:06 AM
Aug 2012
ElectricRed said:
Well, Ichika...... I mean Ayato was a typical Harem Protagonist, he has not guts towards the ladies.. He gets embarrassed easily and stuff..
But, I am glad he is not a total wimp though
Also, damn Julis is a hardcore tsundere (Not louise category though), and she resembles like Shirou Emiya in the Fate Route who happens to get his ass kicked every single time, because he wants to rely on his own power similar to Julis

Wow so much BS in one single post.

Ichika is like the worst of the bunch and no one even compares to him since the author didn't even bother developing his character. Just because Ayato doesn't think with his d**k like you Alpha wannbes want doesn't make him a wuss. It has been shown several times that he can keep his calm in serious situations like confronting Lester and getting surprise attacked.

Also Julis isn't a hardcore tsundere....don't spout nonsense that you don't even understand. She is ranked 5 among Page 1, one of the rare ability users and she is quite strong. The attacks only worked because they were all surprise attacks and cheap shots.........in a straight forward fight she can stand up to most opponents (already defeated Lester 3 times). Also she doesn't want to get people involved and that's a pretty strong side of her compared to the "damsel in distress" types.

Oh it also shown that you don't have the simplest idea about FSN or Emiya Shirou........typical.
Dragon_Slayer_XOct 18, 2015 4:12 AM

Oct 18, 2015 4:49 AM

Feb 2014
I wonder if Claudia was either trolling Ayato or was actually serious with him. If it's the latter, then Ayato missed out on such a hot babe. >_<

The majority of the episode was focused mostly on Ayato and Julis in the city. It's a bit unusual to see someone like Julis getting excited over a cheap and cheerful fast food restraunt like WcDonald's. She liked their food though. ^_^

On a more serious note, I do have sympathy for her, trying her best to help her friends back in her home country. I'd do anything to help keep that orphanage going if I was in her shoes, as seeing the kids being forced to return to the slums would be very depressing.

Overall, a very good episode and it's nice to see Julis warming up to Ayato pretty quickly, which is a slight surprise.

The more I listen to the ED song, the more I love it. This, as well as the OST in general, is excellent!
Oct 18, 2015 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
Claudia is bae. <3
Oct 18, 2015 5:41 AM

Oct 2014
Well looks like it's getting interesting :)
Julis backstory, Ayato finding his resolve...
And looks like he's gonna kick some ass next EP, which is nice.

That ED is God Tied though <3
Oct 18, 2015 6:03 AM

May 2015
this is turning to be pretty good
Julis <3
Oct 18, 2015 6:08 AM

Mar 2013
ElectricRed said:
Well, Ichika...... I mean Ayato was a typical Harem Protagonist, he has not guts towards the ladies.. He gets embarrassed easily and stuff..
But, I am glad he is not a total wimp though
Also, damn Julis is a hardcore tsundere (Not louise category though), and she resembles like Shirou Emiya in the Fate Route who happens to get his ass kicked every single time, because he wants to rely on his own power similar to Julis

People who think Julis a tsundere is misunderstanding. A tsundere is a person who is not honest with him or herself and does something opposite of what they're thinking. Julis is arguably, slightly more to a Kuudere with her cool and anti-social personality with a lot of the 'iron-will' personality. Heck I read the LN and so far she's blunt with her words and actions which is really the opposite of what a Tsundere does. It's arguable but I don't really think she is a Tsundere let alone a hardcore one like Shana, Louis, Claire or any of the tsundere from the typical harem animes.
Oct 18, 2015 6:35 AM

Apr 2013
Like Julis a bit more after this episode.
Oct 18, 2015 7:34 AM

Feb 2011
talentlessash said:
I like how they spent the previous episode introducing a character that doesn't even appear in the background this episode. Oh so sad...

She may or may not appear next episode. The manga showed a different development. it's possible it may develop the same, but just a little later. I don't want to spoil anything. I guess I can hint that he had no idea where Julis went before jumping off that building. I mean, it's a given that she's not on campus so that was indeed the quickest way out the building; but to go after her without knowing where she is...
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 18, 2015 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
Next episode better impress me. If not, I'm going to put this series on-hold.
Oct 18, 2015 8:25 AM
Oct 2010
GenesisAria said:
skudoops said:

Is it part of japanese culture for women to be so forward with men?
Yes and no, more like it's amusing. And when i said about glorifying virginity, i didn't mean like they were little kids who are just discovering the opposite sex therefore the "electric shock", it's about embarrassment. That's an appropriate embarrassed reaction. Hence why they always say "hazukashi" and get flustered.

I don't mean in terms of media, I mean in terms of their actual mannerisms. The reason I asked this is because if they can alter it for anime, why can't they alter the male's behavior to?

Also @ at the guy who keeps saying alpha male, there's absolutely nothing to do with beta and alpha male there, even a RL "beta" dude would probably go in at that point.
Oct 18, 2015 8:34 AM
Aug 2012
skudoops said:

Also @ at the guy who keeps saying alpha male, there's absolutely nothing to do with beta and alpha male there, even a RL "beta" dude would probably go in at that point.

Because every guy should just think with his lower half..........maybe it's like that for you but not for everyone.

Oct 18, 2015 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Have any of you even turned down someone before? Holy shit the ignorance in this thread.
Oct 18, 2015 11:01 AM

Dec 2013
I knew it. 4 episodes per LN volume. I'm glad that they're not rushing through things. Get ready for a decent battle followed by half an episode of expositions and aftermath wrap up. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I actually enjoy reading through the expositions in the novels. :P

Given the amount of time we have next episode though, I wouldn't be surprised if they teased volume 2 a bit.
And yes, Saya will return next episode, she's the catalyst for Atayo finding Julis. I can't remember how it was in the manga, but if they're following the LN, then she'll be there.

Also, I agree with Azai-kun above. Julis may be blunt and straightforward with shooting her mouth off, but she's no Tsundere. She just has a very realist view on her situation as puppet royalty for a minor country under control of the European Bloc, even reading the events they showed this episode, you could tell that she has a good, practical head on her shoulders. She just can't be bothered to deal with troublesome people, is all.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 18, 2015 12:06 PM
Aug 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
I knew it. 4 episodes per LN volume. I'm glad that they're not rushing through things. Get ready for a decent battle followed by half an episode of expositions and aftermath wrap up. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I actually enjoy reading through the expositions in the novels. :P

Given the amount of time we have next episode though, I wouldn't be surprised if they teased volume 2 a bit.
And yes, Saya will return next episode, she's the catalyst for Ayato finding Julis. I can't remember how it was in the manga, but if they're following the LN, then she'll be there.

Also, I agree with Azai-kun above. Julis may be blunt and straightforward with shooting her mouth off, but she's no Tsundere. She just has a very realist view on her situation as puppet royalty for a minor country under control of the European Bloc, even reading the events they showed this episode, you could tell that she has a good, practical head on her shoulders. She just can't be bothered to deal with troublesome people, is all.

The only issue is that they are cutting/altering parts about Ayato's characterization which makes him look too passive or normal compared to the LN. I just hope it doesn't hurt in the long run and the later episodes don't alter things too much. Otherwise it is pretty good adaptation with the slow pacing and explanations.

Saya's scene should have already happened by now, either they removed it or it will be in the next episode. The change wasn't really necessary though.

Oct 18, 2015 4:02 PM

Nov 2014
I don't know what to say, just... gay MC confirmed.
Oct 18, 2015 4:07 PM

Aug 2012
I still like Cav better than this show, but I am enjoying this series. The fact that it has 2 cour is a point for it, and the overarching plot just seems more interesting to me than Cavs so far. Other than that, Cav is still my favorite.

Long story short, I like this show, Cav is also good, they have their differences... even if they are few.
Oct 18, 2015 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
error5000 said:
I don't know what to say, just... gay MC confirmed.

Just because you have good taste for girls, doesn't mean you're gay. I myself would do the same in his situation; I really really hate sluts. Claudia is a slut, she doesn't deserve his attention, Julis does.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2015 5:32 PM

Mar 2015
Why are people complaining about alpha male or the MC is gay kind of thing?

If in real life situation, you meet a girl you just met and she wants to sleep with you, doesn't that mean she's a slut? Because she probably have offered herself to MANY other guys in her life, and you're probably her #50 she have sex with.

I'd say that sex is with someone with you actually know and love, why would you fuck someone who probably have fucked tons of guys before you? That's disgusting.

Oct 18, 2015 6:00 PM

Jan 2014
DarklordVor said:

If in real life situation, you meet a girl you just met and she wants to sleep with you, doesn't that mean she's a slut? Because she probably have offered herself to MANY other guys in her life, and you're probably her #50 she have sex with.

I'd say that sex is with someone with you actually know and love, why would you fuck someone who probably have fucked tons of guys before you? That's disgusting.

^ Not to mention AIDS. Ayato sure is a wise guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2015 8:07 PM

Mar 2015
Xenocrisi said:
terrance207 said:
Best episode imo
OST was too good

In the comments of the youtube video (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk ED)

The guy who wrote the OST and the ED commented on the video. Tell it to him xD

That's... actually pretty awesome. XD It certainly is a great ED.

Also, front doors? Ayato needs not these paltry means of entrance. Or exit... is it a cliffhanger if the protagonist jumps off the cliff himself?
Oct 18, 2015 8:57 PM
Aug 2012
DarklordVor said:

Badass(?) MAL posters usually tend to ignore the male MC's feelings on the matter..........unless they follow the "Doesn't matter, had sex" logic, MC must be a wuss or gay.

Well to be fair to Claudia, she has her own reasons to be interested in Ayato but Ayato doesn't know that since they met recently not to mention her continuous teasing make things confusing for the guy.

Oct 18, 2015 10:01 PM

Jun 2014
This was a fun date like episode!

I laughed when Ayato ran away from Claudia!

I still want more info on the backstory of him and his sister. These little flashbacks are starting to drive me nuts.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 19, 2015 12:20 AM

Mar 2015
So after 3 episodes I kinda don't like it.

Pro's - Art
Con's - Characters

Just too many cliche's for me.
MC is suppose to be a super badass guy but is oblivious. I hate Julis' character so much, she's shitty one moment then she's giggly the next. I don't mind the President and his childhood friend though. Then there's the 'gang', relentless leader stirring up shit all the time...

Gonna continue watching it, only giving it 6/10 at the moment.
Oct 19, 2015 1:26 AM

Apr 2014
I'll have to keep watching to see if this MC maintains his absolutely top shelf idiocy. Seriously, that scene with the letter and then his immediate realisation that it probably has something to do with her being targeted after being told "it might not be a good thing", but not before that... just wow. Blew my mind. Maybe I should move to japan and renew my aspirations as an author. I couldn't do a worse job if I tried.
Oct 19, 2015 5:04 AM

Aug 2013
idungoof said:
I'll have to keep watching to see if this MC maintains his absolutely top shelf idiocy. Seriously, that scene with the letter and then his immediate realisation that it probably has something to do with her being targeted after being told "it might not be a good thing", but not before that... just wow. Blew my mind. Maybe I should move to japan and renew my aspirations as an author. I couldn't do a worse job if I tried.

Err.... actually this is fault of adaptation, on this point he already talked with Claudia about his suspicious and he point out things that are wrong, but the studio decided to not show this.
KyrugaOct 19, 2015 6:00 AM
Oct 19, 2015 5:40 AM
Aug 2012
idungoof said:

This isn't really the author's fault though. Ayato already figured out who the culprit is by this point and went to inform Claudia as soon as possible. Stop saying BS about the author when you haven't read the LN.............

Sigh what was point to this dumb change.........the episode would have been perfect without it.

Oct 19, 2015 7:01 AM

Nov 2007
Kyruga said:
On this point he already talked with Claudia about his suspicious and he point out things that are wrong, but the studio decided to not show this.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
This isn't really the author's fault though. Ayato already figured out who the culprit is by this point and went to inform Claudia as soon as possible.

So this is yet another one of those hundreds of bad LN adaptations? I thought Rakudai was pretty bad on its own, yet this episode made me think Rakudai is actually a decent show.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 19, 2015 7:18 AM
Aug 2012
shanimebib said:
Kyruga said:
On this point he already talked with Claudia about his suspicious and he point out things that are wrong, but the studio decided to not show this.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
This isn't really the author's fault though. Ayato already figured out who the culprit is by this point and went to inform Claudia as soon as possible.

So this is yet another one of those hundreds of bad LN adaptations? I thought Rakudai was pretty bad on its own, yet this episode made me think Rakudai is actually a decent show.

No it's good enough for now.....it keeps most of the events albeit shortening a few or making slight changes and it's keeping a slow pace. The only real issue is Ayato's characterization as the adaptation is making him look too passive by changing/cutting some scenes while in the LN he is quite smart and perceptive about things. Maybe the next episode which is the end of the first volume may change that impression......

Oct 19, 2015 7:26 AM

Feb 2012
I have a HUGE FEELING that Claudia is hiding something, working underground for a certain main antagonist's organization or something. Maybe a persona. I don't know damn it but it's bugging me and it's making me uncomfortable. Maybe she's the one responsible for the loss/'MIA' status of Ayato's sister.

Someone please spoil me either by PM or commenting on my profile. I can't wait anymore lol. Please, someone, who reads the LN, have mercy on me.
Oct 19, 2015 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:
Kyruga said:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I don't feel like, its just, impossible to put all contents from a LN in anime version they are really trying thought.

Since you mentioned Rakudai, they skipped a whole fight in the classroom so...
Oct 19, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
I like this kind of shows, where you watch it and enjoy what happens. The wait for EP4 begins.
Oct 19, 2015 11:43 PM

Jul 2013
I can't wait for next week episode's thread.
Oct 20, 2015 3:11 AM

May 2010
Backstory? Nah, just some OP lolis and shotas to the rescue.

Julis got protectzoned.
TragicRomanceOct 20, 2015 3:16 AM
Oct 20, 2015 3:36 AM

Apr 2011
Sigh. what a dull mc. He should have bang her when he had the chance.
Oct 20, 2015 10:10 AM
Aug 2013
shadowfox254 said:
From someone who read the light novel, I suggest you to start watching s1 a few days before s2 start.
Oct 20, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2014
shadowfox254 said:

Well, I read the LN, and next episode corresponds to the best part of it imo. (the end of volume 1)
Oct 20, 2015 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
zefros said:
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is making this anime less awesome that it would be

I dont like the MC, at least for now. And wtf with monica wanting his D this early

But the biggest problem is: HE ALREADY FOUND WHAT HE WANTS TO DO?! he just met that princess and he already loves her?

Being interested in someone =/= loving someone. He's not to that point now.
Oct 20, 2015 7:18 PM

Jul 2015
Who'd run away from Claudia good lord. Excited for Ayato to go ham. I love the ed, everytime the episode ends, the ed just slots in perfectly.
Oct 21, 2015 12:24 AM
Sep 2014
Nobody noticed the naruto run threw the woods?
Oct 21, 2015 7:08 AM
Dec 2013
Tokoya said:
I hope the day comes where we will get an anime of this nature where our MC will actually take offers like this xD Either way the date with Julis was pretty cute and I'm liking her more and more with each episode

I think Claudia may actually become all soft if Ayato suddenly accepted the offer, and went on it a bit aggresively. Those type of characters likes to be mischivous and tease others, but when they get teased, they go all "wa wa~" :D
thebrentinator24 said:
I originally wasn't going to watch this anime but decided to go ahead and check it out.

I think this episode was better than the previous two in terms of not having as much cliche crap, besides that part at the beginning where he ran away from Claudia's advances. But it was nice to learn more about Julis in this episode.

This anime still hasn't really impressed me so far, but there's 9 episodes left so hopefully that can change, even if only a little bit.

It will! Unless they screw it up hahaha!

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NTADOct 26, 2015 4:11 PM
Oct 22, 2015 7:54 AM

May 2014
I can't believe it this anime is tensing up, I really wanna see the fourth episode. Or well rather just because the fight will be awesome I guess.
Oct 22, 2015 4:59 PM

Dec 2014
Should've taken the reward.
Oct 23, 2015 6:55 AM

Feb 2013
Take the reward you damn wuss :/
Oct 23, 2015 9:23 AM

Apr 2015
3 episodes in and it looks pretty good.
Going to put this on hold until 2nd season is a few days away :)
Oct 23, 2015 10:35 PM
Mar 2013
*watches the ending*
S P L A T
Oct 24, 2015 2:07 AM

Jan 2015
Sanaas said:
*watches the ending*
S P L A T

It won't happen, you know..
Oct 24, 2015 3:09 AM
Mar 2012
Piano osts so nice...
Hime so poor she could only afford wcdonald's lol
Well paced, drums ost leading to Ayato's jump moment blending into the fabulous ED.
Oct 24, 2015 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that is not bad overall, only that the narrative without being boring, and while not anything wrong in the construction of the story, however, is a little addictive. Drawings and animations of good quality, as quality discrete sets, catchy soundtrack, the same can be said of the opening and the ending. I hope it will improve significantly in the coming episodes.

llcruz said:
That umbrella! Hnnggg

I agree.
Oct 24, 2015 5:23 PM

Jan 2009
Even in anime McDonald's looks better than in real life.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

203 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

119 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

111 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

113 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

117 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 8:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.