Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 21, 2015 11:28 PM

Mar 2008
Snowkitsune said:
Why does nobody realize what happend at the end?

That wasn't a fucking doll. Her dead upper body got rolled out of the door. That was creepy! Also she didn't had any arms. If you read the description of the anime:

"Genius programmer Shiki Magata has been living in isolation at a research facility on a solitary island since she was a girl. Nagono University associate professor Souhei Saikawa and Moe Nishinosono wish to meet Shiki in person, so they visit the facility but get caught up in a murderous game."

We have our victim.

of course it was and I have a feeling that Moe (based on the way she looked at her) also assumed that she's dead already. So far it's been shown she can deduct stuff quiet quickly.
The anime is interesting and the character designs are nice, but this is sooooo cliche.... isolated island with no reception, killer on the loose... suspicious facility as well as a couple of random people who could all be the culprit so far :/
I've seen this kind of setting so many times already

Also, I assume the people didn't act/react while seeing "the doll" because they were so shocked/completely surprised. Not sure how to describe it well, but if you get really surprised you forget to move/rationally think. At least this is what I concluded.
Vanessa-Oct 21, 2015 11:41 PM
Oct 22, 2015 3:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Shock_Yin said:
"That kinda life is beautiful as well", "To find nature beautiful is unnatural. It means they're unclean". Either A) he's a hypocrite or b) he's really self loathing and thinks his life is unclean too.

Air is part of mother nature, so it's litterally impossible to cut off from it and survive, except if he meant the sight of it. Except you can see your own hands and other parts of your body, so yeah it's litterally impossible to cut off from mother nature.

tingy said:

You can think differently sure, but as soon as you say it it's not thought anymore anyway. So I don't get your point. Also when you have no sound arguements or evidence to back up your claims, you just sound stupid. This is a given and nowhere in that speech he gave any arguements to why it's unnatural, therefor his statements lacked any meaning of sense. Ergo it was stupid.

I don't think there's a need to back up my claim that Saikawa's comment is meant to give you insight on his character. If you felt that something was off about his comment, then that was what it was meant to do. Sure not everything in every anime is important, but given that this is an adaptation of a mystery novel, I would give the anime the benefit of doubt. Watanabe Yusuke, the scriptwriter for this episode, is also familiar with mysteries, having primarily worked with crime/mystery dramas. This would mean that he has experience with knowing what's important to include in the script, especially given the shorter length of anime episodes versus drama episodes.

The problem that you have most with Saikawa's comment is that you think that it's stupid and pretentious, and you do back up why you think so. What I got from the comment was that nature is already supposed to be beautiful, but the second you notice that it's beautiful means that there's something in your life that's not beautiful (therefore unclean, as Saikawa asserted). I also think that what Saikawa means with mother nature is not the way you interpreted it. Nishinonsono said she couldn't believe that Magata hasn't seen this beautiful scenery in 15 years, and Saikawa's response refers to the prior comment, thus implying that what he meant by (mother) nature is the scenery, not everything mother nature entails--air, food, or your body. He's envious of Magata, being able to live without seeing natural scenery for 15 years, Saikawa sees Magata as having inner beauty because she does not lack anything. A sane person might not be able to last that long in isolation, yet Magata could. And if Saikawa thinks this way, this suggests that he might not really be a normal person himself.
tingyOct 22, 2015 3:57 PM
Oct 23, 2015 12:03 PM

Oct 2008
I still can't grasp whats goin' on but its becoming more tense.
very creepy doll! and I'm sure someone NOT from them with the guards has override functions on the lab.
5/5.

Oct 23, 2015 9:32 PM

Jul 2015
Oct 24, 2015 3:08 PM

Jan 2011
The mystery-factor is 10/10, the direction is 10/10. The details, omfg hype train.
It's the first anime I've started this season, but I expect it to be the best one since something like Psycho-Pass probably.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 27, 2015 8:01 AM

Feb 2014
That monologue in the end in the car was creepy.. I wodner where dr. Magata is planning on going to escape. If I understood correctly, the helicopter is not available since the director is at Magata's sister.. Maybe she'll wait for him/her to get back and then use it. It's too predictable though..
Oct 31, 2015 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
I almost fell asleep in my chair.
Nov 1, 2015 1:58 AM
Mar 2012
11 episodes & realistic art, like Zankyou no Terror. But they'll finish the whole novel!? Kinda like Moe, her character balances out those weird glasses people. Saikawa said something incredibly annoying, but he was emotional driven, justifying Magata's hikkikomori.
Lots of creepiness, great for Halloween.
Nov 1, 2015 4:34 PM

Feb 2013
Moe doesn't know how to use a knife... I bet.

Uh oh, the doctor has escaped! At the start of that I thought she might just kill her way out... It's way more interesting this way. Good job on the system shutdown, that's just what she wanted. This episode revealed that she is very good at reading and manipulating people.
BurntJellyNov 1, 2015 4:37 PM
Nov 2, 2015 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
komasan said:
Note that the conversation in the car brought up the girl's age (13).
Magata has been isolated in the lab for 15 years.
The director of the lab left by helicopter, not a car.

There's a lot of details that should be paid attention to.
Nov 7, 2015 1:38 PM

Jul 2015
so far it's built a nice base of characters and im guessing the murdering and stuff starts next episode.
Nov 8, 2015 1:23 AM

Dec 2013
The 13 year old girl is trying to seduce her uncle who is married...wtf

Creepy ending was creepy
Nov 9, 2015 2:44 AM

Jun 2008
Building slow episode but things start to develop at the end so i guess we can expect things to move from the next one.
I wonder if that was really Magata or some doll looking like her.

komasan said:
Burger-Meister said:
(Also that black haired-girl is 13 but she says she's been in that room for 15 years. Did I miss something there?)

I feel like you're one of the few people who actually pay attention lol

Basically this anime is also putting in stuff from the Shiki series of books which give more background to Magata. The car scene is not happening in present time.

It's amazing how people pat themselves in the back for realizing the obvious and bat others in the back for being too stupid to realize the obvious.
MonadNov 9, 2015 3:48 AM
Nov 10, 2015 4:03 PM

Sep 2015
I have the feeling that I might be judging this way too early, but to be honest... a lot of the talking is pretty irrelevant, making me want to sleep right way.
BUT, I have to admit that the ending woke me up of my chair.

I'm trying so hard not to drop this because I suspect it's going to get better.
2/5 ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2015 8:33 AM

Feb 2015
It's getting more interesting. Better than last episode. Still loving the OP.
Nov 16, 2015 7:39 AM

Jun 2013
Moe's attempts to seduce Saikawa were shot down and painful to watch, not because I'm rooting for her, no fuck that ignorant rich bitch facade she's putting up for the world to see. I know she's dark. She has something up her sleeve. She's dangerous.

That masochistic ojii-san wanting to be dominated by a 13 year old girl.

Loved the end.
臭い-
Dec 4, 2015 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
Annick said:
Albi-kun said:
Moe gets on my nerves.

Me too, I can't stand her.

Thank fuck I'm not the only one. Killed it for me.

Dec 16, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2015
Getting stranger and I feel like the almost 20 year old is a spoiled brat... Didn't even know stuff from the store lol ... Has never held a knife??? LOL
Dec 19, 2015 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
Man that was an ending
Dec 22, 2015 4:31 AM

May 2012
Moe sure is a fun and interesting character! That ending sure was quite strange and interesting as well, I do quite like where this anime is going to, so let's see what's next!
Mar 2, 2016 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
Lol got scared by wife dress

May 6, 2016 8:14 AM

Mar 2010
It is getting interesting now.. Let the mystery start
Aug 20, 2016 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, that was cool.
Like the way this is developing, a lot of mystery.
Hope it gets even better *.*
Jan 21, 2017 7:41 AM

Dec 2015
I'm guessing that car scene was from the past, she was definitely trying to seduce him.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 11, 2017 3:43 PM

Jul 2009
Ooh, this episode really picked up! The scenes with the flickering lights were REALLY well done - especially the first one in the car ... yikes! I can definitely see her creepy calculating side now. Also come on, genius programmer being held in a facility being run by software? Of course she's gonna find a way to hack it! :P That "doll" at the end was definitely weird ... is that what she meant last episode? Also wanna say that I'm really liking the animation here, I think it's very clean and well done. Looking forward to the next episode :D
Mar 23, 2017 1:29 AM

Apr 2009
I can't believe they used the name "MOE"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2017 4:34 PM

Jan 2016
Incest is wincest..

CALL THE FBI!
Sep 28, 2017 1:21 AM

Dec 2012
lol at Wu.
Confessions?
She's 13?
Dem hands.
You just gonna let her pass.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 14, 2018 1:47 PM

Sep 2013
Was that Magata's corpse propped up on the mobile cart thing? Or was she just riding it?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 1, 2020 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
If this anime is just a copy of Kubikiri Cycle in terms of mystery then its not Magata's dead body and all killings will be made by a "doll" which is human being obviously since the whole point of anime is making shitty statement that people not so different from puppets. I bet that parents of Magata were killed by that "uncle" since he was a "doll". But it's too obvious for such great thriller, am I right?
May 6, 2021 6:07 PM

Nov 2010
Very intriguing turn of events. And wow, 13 yrs old Dr. Magata is so cute. If I was the uncle, I'd let her control me too. lmao.
Jun 29, 2021 4:33 PM
Dec 2017
Every single sec of this anime i never took my eyes off.

Jan 12, 2023 6:44 AM
Jan 2020
MxS7HGS said:
Very intriguing turn of events. And wow, 13 yrs old Dr. Magata is so cute. If I was the uncle, I'd let her control me too. lmao.
What the fuck dude
Jan 14, 2023 9:23 PM

Feb 2017
The opening is phenomenal and I love the dancing.

Yikes, they're gonna be trapped on that island and all hell's gonna break loose, wont it? Saikawa's totally into the idea of hiding away there though, lmao. He really hates the world and himself, apparently. I really like how he isn't a pushover and holds his ground. I also respect him for not dating a 19-year-old. I couldn't understand his tangent about mother nature for the life of me. Is it the translation or just me?

Moe's too immodest in flaunting her wealthy and privilege. Her spoiled entitlement is off-putting, especially in her pursuit of her sensei. I really liked her at first, but now she's less likeable. I'm hoping the show will make her grow on me. The animation's great at conveying emotion. Dr. Magata is starting to emotionally connect with Moe and parallels are already being drawn between them.

When she talked about many things taking on a life inside of her, it reminds me of how her face swirled in the opening. It was such a cool metaphor for mental illness! It makes sense she'd lock herself away after going crazy and killing her parents. She has a love and appreciation for nature. I hope she's able to see the ocean again. But eeeeew the incest holy shit omg!

I love how deep the characters are, this is gonna be emotional.

It seems one of her sinister psycho personalities took over when she rolled out on the cart. She's so weird. She seems to have direct control of the island's system.

Jun 18, 5:46 AM

Dec 2022
What an unsettling ending to the episode that was. It very much looked like a pale, lifelike "doll" on the cart, but maybe Shiki herself can imitate the stiffness of one. Either way, it's a surprise that no one thought to stop such a slow-moving cart, regardless of how sinister it looked.

But what's even more sinister is the anatomy in this frame:

It lingered on it for so long that I couldn't not notice the tiny arms, lol.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

231 by Kismet69 »»
Oct 2, 10:52 AM

» How was the aunt unaware about Miki?

--l-- - Dec 23, 2015

5 by Sisyphus_the_max »»
Sep 16, 2:34 PM

» Just dreamt about the character design 🤔

nakitama21 - Jul 29

0 by nakitama21 »»
Jul 29, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

176 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2015

81 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.