Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2015 4:03 PM

Apr 2008
Pringer said:
curzon17 said:
Poor Lord Ains, he misses his guildmates so much that he's always thinking about them. And instead of guildies he can hang with as peers, he's stuck with a bunch of lickspittle NPCs.

Such a powerful and beautiful scene
Sep 30, 2015 5:26 PM

Mar 2012
Pay to play vs npc battle was nice to see.

Liked the scene near the end, I'll take it as him realizing that his new family is very much like his guild.

Hoping for a second season.
Sep 30, 2015 5:36 PM

Apr 2012
kyled00m said:

I don't believe Ainz is even trying to make friends so why would you bring that up. Safety is the most important thing and Ainz hasn't felt safe since he woke up as his in-game character in Nazarick. This incident with Shalltear has instilled a deep fear in him and I doubt he'll want to make any friends from this point forward... You do not need emotions to make friends, just the desire or determination to make friends.

I dont think thats quite true,at first yea he was like that and i was slightly annoyed by how hes always thinking about his guildmates and his safety but hes changing bit by bit!
Sep 30, 2015 6:04 PM

Jul 2009
Warphate said:
kyled00m said:

I don't believe Ainz is even trying to make friends so why would you bring that up. Safety is the most important thing and Ainz hasn't felt safe since he woke up as his in-game character in Nazarick. This incident with Shalltear has instilled a deep fear in him and I doubt he'll want to make any friends from this point forward... You do not need emotions to make friends, just the desire or determination to make friends.
I dont think thats quite true,at first yea he was like that and i was slightly annoyed by how hes always thinking about his guildmates and his safety but hes changing bit by bit!
I'd like to know where the friend-making occurred for you during the anime because I don't see it.
Sep 30, 2015 6:12 PM

Apr 2012
kyled00m said:
Warphate said:
I'd like to know where the friend-making occurred for you during the anime because I don't see it.

Of course theres none "friend-making" moments since hes a ruler,but you can see
from his talk with Albedo and how he went to fight Shalltear alone that he truly cares for them and that he thinks of all NPCs that were created by him and his guildmates as if they were his children but as i said he wasnt like that at first but hes changing!
Sep 30, 2015 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
Warphate said:
kyled00m said:
from his talk with Albedo and how he went to fight Shalltear alone that he truly cares for them and that he thinks of all NPCs that were created by him and his guildmates as if they were his children but as i said he wasnt like that at first but hes changing!
Because the NPCs of Nazarick are remnants of the other guild members, they all count as family. Disregarding all the Nazarick NPCs, give an example of what you speak please.
Sep 30, 2015 6:57 PM

Apr 2012
kyled00m said:
Warphate said:
Because the NPCs of Nazarick are remnants of the other guild members, they all count as family. Disregarding all the Nazarick NPCs, give an example of what you speak please.

What do you mean disregarding NPCs?I was talking about them from the beggining,he clearly doesnt want to make friends with outsiders and they are just stepping stones to him to make himself famous!
Sep 30, 2015 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
Warphate said:
kyled00m said:
What do you mean disregarding NPCs?I was talking about them from the beggining,he clearly doesnt want to make friends with outsiders and they are just stepping stones to him to make himself famous!
We're on the same page then. Someone who cannot opposed you under normal circumstance and is fanatically loyal to you may as well be your best friend already.
Sep 30, 2015 9:15 PM

Sep 2013
kyled00m said:
]Someone who cannot opposed you under normal circumstance and is fanatically loyal to you may as well be your best friend already.

That's not true friendship and is exactly why Ainz feels lonely.
Sep 30, 2015 10:21 PM

May 2012
While I liked that this had a bit more of an adult tone to it than all of the other "trapped in a game" anime, I've got to say, I was pretty underwhelmed with it overall. It never once felt like Momonga was in any sort of danger, which while understandable with him being such a high level, just about always makes for a rather dull show imo. The last arc, especially the fight, felt dragged out and now that we know Nazarick's NPCs can just be bought back to life with gold, I'm not sure how interesting a second season(if there was one) would be. 6/10
Sep 30, 2015 10:51 PM

Mar 2014
A shame we never got to see Lord Touch Me in all his glory.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 30, 2015 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
StrawberryRain said:
A shame we never got to see Lord Touch Me in all his glory.

I can never get over that name lol.
Oct 1, 2015 3:26 AM

May 2015
Am I to expect a season 2 for this? I wish this had like fate's budget I wonder how this would have turned out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2011
The last few eps were pretty lame, I was all hyped up for Ains first serious encounter, but it was a serious let down.
Oct 1, 2015 4:20 AM

Jul 2012
overall it was pretty entertaining

bring on season 2 I say
Oct 1, 2015 5:28 AM

Jun 2010
What a 'whirlwind' of an anime this has been for me. It introduced me to something special... it's LN... but I still rate this anime highly even after reading ahead in the source material itself.

Episode 13 was everything I expected it to be and... probably a little more with the little teasers at the end.

I am also so glad they left it OPEN at the end, and didn't butcher it into the dreaded 'anime only ending' some adaptions get... so yeah, Season 2 is still a possibility... even though it hasn't been announced(?) I am glad it ended like this. XD

Oct 1, 2015 7:41 AM

Jun 2013
that was an amazing battle so he spent all that money to resurrect her of course the church was behind this mess well let's hope there's a second season
Oct 1, 2015 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
Thoroughly enjoyed Overlord, might goes as far to say i enjoyed it more than Log Horizon. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 1, 2015 9:31 AM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Reverberate__ said:
Great final episode. Sad to see it's over, since I absolutely enjoyed watching this show, although it started kinda weak, but gradually became great, although indeed the pacing was kinda off at some points. Nonetheless, definitely a show I enjoyed this season. 9/10. Hoping for another season. I'll miss Albedo ):

Anyone knows how much material was adapted?

3 volumes out of 9 that are out so far

Thanks, appreciate it.

Oct 1, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2010
What was that ending though....how could they end it there and leave us hanging T______T

Overall an okay series. At first seems promising but somehow, somewhere... I think it would've helped a lot if it was a longer series, then perhaps the pacing would be better and there would've been more time for development. I would still watch a 2nd season though, i think.

Also, would've loved to see the other supreme beings. I wonder if they will appear one day in that world...
Oct 1, 2015 10:06 AM

Apr 2008
blue-y said:
What was that ending though....how could they end it there and leave us hanging T______T

Overall an okay series. At first seems promising but somehow, somewhere... I think it would've helped a lot if it was a longer series, then perhaps the pacing would be better and there would've been more time for development. I would still watch a 2nd season though, i think.

Also, would've loved to see the other supreme beings. I wonder if they will appear one day in that world...

The other supreme beings other than 4 others all quit the game before the transfer to the new world happened. And of the 4 members of Nazarick still in the guild only Herohero aka the slime guy Ainz talked to in episode one, bothered coming online.
Oct 1, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
poor Momonga "Ainz Ooal Gown, Momon" when he remember his oldmates i feel ya bro being alone . Awesome show cant wait for 2nd season !!!
Oct 1, 2015 11:11 AM

Sep 2014
how can I even live without this show.
I thought this many times, but I will indeed reed the LN. I will probably even buy them (sadly not in engrishu) just for the lulz.

This show makes me feel sad about all the virtual comrades I lost during my years of gaming. I totally understand his feeling of beeing left behind. This show does this part so beautiful.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 1, 2015 3:51 PM

May 2010
That was nice i guess.. rushed indeed. I'll wait for season 2!

7/10
Oct 1, 2015 4:17 PM

Sep 2015
So much potential in this show but not fully exploited. :-(

Solid 8/10 but I'm sad now.
Oct 1, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
This was a pretty entertaining series, felt a little bit rushed though.
Oct 1, 2015 8:16 PM

Oct 2011
Wishing for a Season 2 T___T

But Madhouse....TwT
Oct 2, 2015 12:14 AM

Jan 2013
I enjoyed a lot watching this series but the only I hate is... just one cour? (I thought they will announce a sequel in the ending) Hope there will be a sequel.
Oct 2, 2015 2:10 AM

Jun 2010
SinXtian said:
I enjoyed a lot watching this series but the only I hate is... just one cour? (I thought they will announce a sequel in the ending) Hope there will be a sequel.

It is a shame but most of all the good shows are only 1-cour... :(

Oct 2, 2015 4:44 AM

May 2015
Quite true the good ones lack the attention the bad ones get a ton of adaptations damn I sure wish I'd get to see a season 2 of this or better yet a full LN adaptation till the final volume.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2015 10:27 AM
Nov 2010
This last episode was so-so. The sped up thing in the end felt kinda bad for me.

I enjoyed this anime a lot. It was produced nicely and is pretty solidly constructed. I'm hoping a second season will be announced soon.
Oct 2, 2015 11:18 AM

Aug 2014
Definitely one of the best shows of summer, the fight between Shalltear and Ainz was also nicely executed. I haven't read the LN so I can't tell whether it was insanely rushed or not, but I would definitely love to see a S2 of this...otherwise I'll prolly just pick up the LN eventually.

9/10
Oct 2, 2015 5:22 PM
Apr 2012
Did anyone notice that Lupusregina Beta at the end made a mistake by saying that she was sent by Ainz instead of Momon in front of Nfirea, his grandmother, and Enri? I know that Nfirea figured out that Momon was Ainz, but I don't think his grandmother or Enri knew, unless I'm forgetting something?
Oct 2, 2015 5:24 PM

Apr 2008
oremor94 said:
Did anyone notice that Lupusregina Beta at the end made a mistake by saying that she was sent by Ainz instead of Momon in front of Nfirea, his grandmother, and Enri? I know that Nfirea figured out that Momon was Ainz, but I don't think his grandmother or Enri knew, unless I'm forgetting something?

Odds are they revealed it to The gran in the end. After all Ainz didn't go back on his word to bring back her grandson.
Oct 2, 2015 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
Darklight0303 said:
oremor94 said:
Odds are they revealed it to The gran in the end. After all Ainz didn't go back on his word to bring back her grandson.
I don't think it mattered either way. It can be interpreted in many ways. As Darklight said, she could have had it revealed to her, or the old lady may believe Ainz has a connection to Momonga. It's more likely possible that the grandson told her after he was rescued.
Oct 2, 2015 8:47 PM

Dec 2013
Not gonna bother gushing over this show. There really is no need to...
Where's that season 2 announcement!?!?!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 2, 2015 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
Not the best battle but better than last episode :) it will be a waste though if there isn't a second season.
Oct 3, 2015 12:26 AM

Sep 2011
I have 2 questions that I kindly wish to be answered :3 ,

1- What was that eye that appeared behind shalltear when Ainz casted Fallen down ?

2- Did Shalltear get younger after the resurrection that she lost her body development ( boobs ) ?
Oct 3, 2015 12:31 AM

Jul 2009
ZeusOrchid said:

1- What was that eye that appeared behind shalltear when Ainz casted Fallen down ?

2- Did Shalltear get younger after the resurrection that she lost her body development ( boobs ) ?
1: The eye was a skill of 1 of the dark elves, the girl. (Aura) I believe this at least. Remember her breathing something? :)

2: Shalltear uses fake breasts. Albedo and Aura taunted her about this earlier. Pay attention!!!!!
Oct 3, 2015 12:53 AM

Sep 2011
kyled00m said:
ZeusOrchid said:

1: The eye was a skill of 1 of the dark elves, the girl. (Aura) I believe this at least. Remember her breathing something? :)

2: Shalltear uses fake breasts. Albedo and Aura taunted her about this earlier. Pay attention!!!!!

Hahaha i see xD, well i knew she used fake breasts but i thought she already knew she didn't have them on since she was, uh, naked xD.

One last question, why did she call ainz "shorty" right before she died ?
Oct 3, 2015 1:10 AM

Jul 2009
ZeusOrchid said:
kyled00m said:

Hahaha i see xD, well i knew she used fake breasts but i thought she already knew she didn't have them on since she was, uh, naked xD.

One last question, why did she call ainz "shorty" right before she died ?
When she said shorty, she was referring to Aura. She knew it was Aura's skill behind her...

Shalltear pretended that her boobs shrunk when she talked to Ainz because she puts on the facade of having big breasts earlier in the series... ;)
Oct 3, 2015 5:15 AM

Dec 2012
Overlord is one of my favorite this season. Ainz is incredible, always charismatic and powerful, he always planned everything. All the others servant are interesting and seems to be powerful.
The songs and the story are catchy, I hope there will be a second season. Great job, Madhouse as usual.
Oct 3, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2010
...OVERLORD!
Oct 3, 2015 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
I thought it'd be better than this. It really felt incredibly rushed at times, but what you'd expect when they put 3 LN volumes into 13 episodes.

Well, there is like 9 LNs so hopefully they'll be animated as well.
Oct 4, 2015 12:13 AM

Mar 2012
An interesting take on the MMO anime genre...at first I had doubts simply because it felt like yet another generic take, but I'm glad it decided to spin it's own path...shitty thing is this is a Madhouse adaption, so I won't even bother getting my hopes up for 2nd season. Pretty good season though

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 4, 2015 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
well interesting
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 4, 2015 9:55 AM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Pringer said:

Such a powerful and beautiful scene
I agree. From what I have seen so far from these threads, there is just so much more details with the LN version that the anime couldn't portray well. Albedo seems like a really likeable character from that, but in the anime version I straight out dislike her.

Ahh, such fate is the trend that is rushed LN adaptions. Rokka 2.0 will never ever come again, unless it's Rokka season 2 that is.

But either way, Overlord better get a second season after the tease at the end of the episode! I miss my Ainz Ooal Gown being a badass. The previous episode was pretty weak but this episode was good. The soundtrack when they talked about the resurrection of Shalltear (best girl) was really good. I think it's the same piece that played when Ainz felt loneliness, right? It accompanied the scene very well imo.

Again, season 2 please.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 4, 2015 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
Never mess with "donators"...
#CHEXIT
Oct 4, 2015 9:15 PM

Sep 2013
Imeon said:
Never mess with "donators"...
FUCKING cash user
Oct 5, 2015 1:35 PM

Jun 2007
I can't believe this shit show has a rating above 5.0, let alone 8.1. The writing was terrible, the characters were awfully pathetic, the story was awful, the animation was shit.

rodacOct 5, 2015 8:58 PM
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2015

246 by MrList »»
Jun 23, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

331 by MrList »»
Jun 21, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

242 by jesuscris01 »»
Jun 16, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

370 by HayiaSarah »»
Jun 13, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2015

240 by MrList »»
Jun 13, 4:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.