Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2015 6:39 PM

Feb 2012
How Tomori reacted to that confession was expected with her type of personality.. Sure, it ruined the romantic mood, but it was well anticipated since she's not a lovely-dovey person. I wonder how the last episode will pan out.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 19, 2015 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
I have a feeling that Yu is going to end up:
#1 Dead/Killed to prevent him from going berserk
#2 When going berserk, have the memory erasing girl erase all his memories to make him forget
#3 Somehow manage to survive until the age of 18 w/o going berserk

Which one do you guys think will happen?

Sep 19, 2015 7:08 PM

Mar 2015
TheExplorer said:
I have a feeling that Yu is going to end up:
#1 Dead/Killed to prevent him from going berserk
#2 When going berserk, have the memory erasing girl erase all his memories to make him forget
#3 Somehow manage to survive until the age of 18 w/o going berserk

Which one do you guys think will happen?

#1 is probably going to happen but personally #2 sounds great! Maybe I'll check out 'Bravely You' for its lyrics again soon. Stupid 1-cour, Charlotte isn't a bad anime per say, but it isn't good...I'll give it a 9 for now because I enjoy the trainwreck but objectively, its a 6-7, everything is fine but the story, the characters are good if they actually developed them but they didn't so now they're shit.
Sep 19, 2015 7:16 PM

Feb 2011
he has .. 2 years? to plunder EVERY ability?
top kek

Sep 19, 2015 7:16 PM
Mar 2015
This episode is so satisfying
Sep 19, 2015 7:35 PM

Apr 2014
All these death flags though
Sep 19, 2015 7:47 PM

Mar 2015
They say in Charlotte, the songs carry lyrics that are plot-related, what if...'Trigger' is actually something Yuu wrote in the future and Sala's ability is to peer into the future or alt timelines...then its permanant because of her blindness?
Sep 19, 2015 7:47 PM

May 2012
I thought this episode was pretty good, although I still think the whole series would have been much better as a 2-cour.

I think that the food scenes were done well and were heartwarming. I got happy warm fuzzy vibes from Takajou and his beef tongue curry; it was nice to learn the intention behind Yusa's cream stew, and I loved it that Yuu actually enjoyed Ayumi's omurice because he understood the love she put into making it for him. (It was a neat way of letting the viewers know that it was Yuu's 16th birthday, too.)

As for the scene at Yusa and Misa's parents restaurant - I found that so emotional, with both what Misa said and with what her father said that I cried TWICE - once when I watched the raw, and once when I watched the subbed version!

The confession scene was very well done. Sure it wasn't the most romantic scene in the world, but it had touching moments and suited the two characters and the situation very well. This might sound strange to some, but I actually respected Nao for being honest about her probable motives for following Yuu everywhere in episode 7.

I suppose my main concern, like that of many others, is how Maeda is going to manage to tie up the many loose ends, advance the plot without making things feel contrived and/or rushed and - I assume - get some major plot twist feels in there next episode.
KatsurukaSep 19, 2015 7:51 PM
Sep 19, 2015 7:48 PM

Dec 2014
The idea of going around the world saving every ability wielders is still ridiculous to me. But i just can't wait to see the last ep.

Join reddit r/anime community!
Sep 19, 2015 7:57 PM

Jul 2014
Hey, this episode (by itself, at least) actually wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, there were some relatively decent emotional moments (I mean, compared to everything else in this show). Though I do have to agree that traveling the world to save every ability user is kind of a ridiculous, risky, and impractical idea.

I didn't mind the anti-climactic confession scene, since it felt pretty natural for the two of them.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Sep 19, 2015 8:15 PM

Dec 2013
devinder said:
So this is what an abortion looks like...

Kitsu-nee said:
Oh god, this is officially the worst Key anime ever made...

I was pretty much laughing through the whole thing. This show is pathetic.
Sep 19, 2015 8:17 PM

Dec 2010
This show is pulling shit out of its ass but hey I'm still gonna watch the last episode
Sep 19, 2015 8:32 PM

Jul 2014
mwsmws22 said:
devinder said:
So this is what an abortion looks like...

Kitsu-nee said:
Oh god, this is officially the worst Key anime ever made...

I actually think Air might be worse than Charlotte overall, not entirely sure right now though.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Sep 19, 2015 8:32 PM

Jul 2015
The part where Yuu told Tomori "I love you" is just like Angel Beats!! The part where Yuu took the abilities of Tomori and the others kinda made me sad though. I think this episode was alright. I like this series ^_^
Anime <3
Sep 19, 2015 8:42 PM
Sep 2014
I was so pissed off!!!!!!!!

But then I realized that there's 13 eps not 12.

:)

Better episode than last week
Sep 19, 2015 8:46 PM

May 2015
WillKamio said:
I venture to say that this anime had 24 episodes, would be as good as the 'flagship' of the key.

The formula heroines routes to arrive at the 'chorus' always worked ... I imagine if we had for example, three episodes with Yuu and Yusa, Yuu and Tomori, Yuu and his brother would be enough to let viewers familiar with the characters and develop attachment towards them, as well as with all works of the key, why you believe the deaths hurt so much? Because the anime was being built on the basis of the characters, making like them in, but Charlotte everything always revolved around the Yuu, if we had, for example, had three episodes with Yusa / Misa, showing their past and everything ( as is characteristic of the Key, raze in flashbacks), I bet this farewell Misa would cry a lot, but everything is so fast that it is just 'ok'.

Never seen great anime with 13 episodes, and I think it will hardly exist, except the comedy or episodic.

This tbh. I agree with you a 100%.
Sep 19, 2015 8:46 PM

Oct 2014
I'm gonna be honest, I really didn't like this episode. It seems like there's nothing else that can really be done. There's too much going on in WAY too little a time period. He's supposed to go around the entire world and collect everyone's powers in just 1 episode? Seems ridiculous. This shoulda been the end to the series and then the announcement of a second season or something with him traveling around on different adventures. This series is wrapping up pretty poorly. It's a shame, I genuinely liked it.
Sep 19, 2015 8:52 PM

Jul 2014
potatohun said:
WillKamio said:
I venture to say that this anime had 24 episodes, would be as good as the 'flagship' of the key.

The formula heroines routes to arrive at the 'chorus' always worked ... I imagine if we had for example, three episodes with Yuu and Yusa, Yuu and Tomori, Yuu and his brother would be enough to let viewers familiar with the characters and develop attachment towards them, as well as with all works of the key, why you believe the deaths hurt so much? Because the anime was being built on the basis of the characters, making like them in, but Charlotte everything always revolved around the Yuu, if we had, for example, had three episodes with Yusa / Misa, showing their past and everything ( as is characteristic of the Key, raze in flashbacks), I bet this farewell Misa would cry a lot, but everything is so fast that it is just 'ok'.

Never seen great anime with 13 episodes, and I think it will hardly exist, except the comedy or episodic.

I have yet to give any 1-cour anime any higher than an 8/10 lol. Even Anohana and Madoka failed to amaze me, partly because I just can't feel fully invested in short anime.

Sep 19, 2015 8:58 PM

Jan 2014
NorthBayAnime said:
I was so pissed off!!!!!!!!

But then I realized that there's 13 eps not 12.

:)

Better episode than last week

This cracked me right up bet it was a major disappointment

Also there's gotta be some huge twist coming for the show to end in one episode
Sep 19, 2015 9:02 PM

Jul 2015
Katsuruka said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

that's good :)

@ SoManyRainbows - I'm also glad that you enjoyed the episode. It's nice to see you happy again!

:D
I saw that you also enjoyed this episode, so I'm glad too!
Sep 19, 2015 9:05 PM

Jul 2015
Loved the confession. Tomori has exactly 0 feelings for this timeline and is obviously going to state the obvious. Instead of rejecting him, she redirected it as motivation.

I don't know if it is intentional, but the 'supposedly feels-if-they-were-actually-developed' scenes get brushed off every now and then and gave more screen time to the tragic ones.

Saving the world in one final episode is not enough unless they go Kekkai Sensen. Something is definitely about to happen here. Unless there will be a season 2.
I've enjoyed and hated this show, but I'm looking forward to the last episode.

Sep 19, 2015 9:10 PM

Sep 2015
Liinut said:
Nooo, how can they ever finish the series in one last episode... :|
Also hope for a season two..

if theres no season 2 i can only see a sad ending for this to be a decent anime otherwise it will jus be ruined
I didnt expect ayumi to die and really liked the arc the show took after that and feel time leap partially ruined it so to finish it has to be tragedy bullsh*t or a second season IMO
Sep 19, 2015 9:12 PM

Apr 2013
Timeskip to 2 years later for sure.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Sep 19, 2015 9:16 PM

Sep 2015
LightBladeNova said:
potatohun said:

I have yet to give any 1-cour anime any higher than an 8/10 lol. Even Anohana and Madoka failed to amaze me, partly because I just can't feel fully invested in short anime.

Tragedy can pull of a 13 episode masterpiece as well other than that i agree
Sep 19, 2015 9:20 PM
Mar 2015
I thought this was the last episode (was a bit disappointed) then realise there is one episode left, really hype for the last one
Sep 19, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2014
Ironhorse-Yakuza said:
he has .. 2 years? to plunder EVERY ability?
top kek

XD
How can he know if an individual have an ability????

The last episode might be MC infiltrating the enemy syndicate.
Sep 19, 2015 9:39 PM

May 2015
Lol i just saw this comment/idea from some anime site.

What if Yuu possessed someone then could he not use time leap since he has both eyes working? 5 secs should be enough to time leap. But then again, he might not be able to use it since hes in another body. When he possessed flying dude he was able to control his ability, idk if he can use his own looted ability in another body so yea~

Well, time leap should be out of the question by now tho
Sep 19, 2015 9:45 PM
Jul 2015
I wonder why they don't think about eye donor
it's actually worth a try rather than erasing all the ability
Sep 19, 2015 9:45 PM

Mar 2014
I agree with everyone, this show SUCKS but still watching it because I feel for the characters.
Like, it could have been soooo much better
Sep 19, 2015 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
Watches all Key anime ===> Gets 0 feels in Charlotte.

Srsly, besides the terrible first half, the last 4 episodes were decent. So it's not the "wrost anemu eva" but i expected more from Maeda tbh. This is a 6/10 at best. Looking forward to the final episode tho.
Sep 19, 2015 9:56 PM
Oct 2010
So wait a minute, if the older brother was 15 when the girl was 8, and she's now 11 and the MC just turned 16, how did he manage to take the ability from his bigger brother? Wouldn't have make him 3 years older and thus 18 at the time and the ability should have faded away? Seems like a strange oversight to make but then again this show has been going pretty dumb for a while.

Oh instead of going for the cheap shots they could have focused on their attention on getting the feels through with misa and her sister. It was the far easier option and didn't require the show to go full retard to execute.
Sep 19, 2015 9:57 PM

Aug 2014
Man, Yuu's confession was like if I went to the restroom to take a dump, but nothing came out (Also known as false alarm).

I would have liked to see Nao's embarrassed face or something, but instead we get a plank *sigh*

Well, Time-Skip it is.. Great job, Jun.. Plot holes and a story that should have ended at episode 10.
Sep 19, 2015 9:59 PM

May 2015
Can someone tell me what Nao and Yuu's promise was exactly?
Someone quote it please. What did she say (in Japanese)? And I need the English trans as well (accurate trans). Much appreciated!
Sep 19, 2015 10:01 PM

Aug 2010
That confession! Damn, it would definitely have more of an effect if Tomori actually remembered the events from the other timeline. I'm sure she has feelings for him even in this timeline though.

Did they complete forget about Tomori's brother? Isn't his condition going to get worst now that Yuu didn't bring Sala to meet him? What are you doing Maeda....

potatohun said:
Someone quote it please. What did she say (in Japanese)? And I need the English trans as well (accurate trans). Much appreciated!
The promise is basically for him to succeed in taking everyone's powers and live to meet her again and for them to become lovers afterwords.
Sep 19, 2015 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
LightBladeNova said:
mwsmws22 said:

I actually think Air might be worse than Charlotte overall, not entirely sure right now though.

Air (TV series) was rushed as hell but at least the story was much more interesting, and the comedy was better. Air > Charlotte anyday, anytime.
Sep 19, 2015 10:14 PM

Jun 2014
Once again, these sudden changes in atmosphere are bothering me. And why did they spend so much time on this episode focusing on food...?

I'm glad that Yu finally has resolve to do something but as other people have mentioned...did they really have to wait until episode 12 out of 13 for this? Ah well, I hope there's a time skip for next episode and not a second season because really.

By the way, so what happened to Nao's brother? If Yuu went back in time then the whole thing with Sara didn't happen right? So is he back to how he was? I was just curious about that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2015 10:15 PM

May 2015
Ragna92 said:
That confession! Damn, it would definitely have more of an effect if Tomori actually remembered the events from the other timeline. I'm sure she has feelings for him even in this timeline though.

Did they complete forget about Tomori's brother? Isn't his condition going to get worst now that Yuu didn't bring Sala to meet him? What are you doing Maeda....

potatohun said:
The promise is basically for him to succeed in taking everyone's powers and live to meet her again and for them to become lovers afterwords.

Can u quote what she said exsctly?
Sep 19, 2015 10:25 PM

Jan 2008
Barion-Zara said:
Now that Yu has Yusa's ability can't he just summon Kumagami's soul and use his abilities :P Why didn't they think about that XD

Dude, that seems like a no brainer now that you bring that up. Might have even given the eldest brother some closure. But now that it's been confirmed that the channeled also retains their powers, he can use them now. Unless the limitations are that it must be a close relationship or something, since Yusa only ever channeled her sister and no one else, albeit unknowingly.

Since the manga is still on-going, I'm guessing they're going to do a time-skip? Or perhaps leave it off wherever they're at with a crappy open-ending. No matter what it'll be, we'll just have to wait until next week to find out.
Estoy_GordoSep 19, 2015 10:28 PM
Sep 19, 2015 10:41 PM
Sep 2015
potatohun said:

"Then you shall take this ring
to remind you of your promise.
You shall wear it when you find Eden.
And when you return...
...I shall be your Eve."
Sep 19, 2015 10:44 PM

Feb 2014
ahsinam33 said:
Well that was a bit disappointing. And I haven't said that for any episode yet. I guess I was just expecting a bit more. And now I have to say that stripping Nao was completely unnecessary last episode. Because Nao seems perfectly fine; it's as though nothing ever happened. I was expecting some emotional damage at least. But no, nothing. Instead we get to see Yusarin and Takajou being... Yusarin and Takajou.
Shunsuke was depressed for a pretty long time. And then he's fine all of a sudden.. Why? Because Yuu is basically going to sacrifice himself? And how do they expect him to steal the powers of all the power holders in the whole WORLD on his own? I still can't believe Charlotte is actually going down the whole Yuu-steals-everyone's-powers route...
And all that Yuu/Nao romance buildup kind of went down the drain. This is what Yuu is going to do to save Nao? What about her brother? Where's Sala?
And what the hell is with that confession? That's so not romantic. Nao barely reacts. And are you seriously telling me that Nao is going to 'love Yuu Otosaka unconditionally' if he manages to steal everyone's powers? What's that supposed to mean? Why would you do this to the only pairing in the show, Maeda? WHY???

Jeez... And I normally praise this anime so much. What on earth is going to happen in episode 13? I don't know. I seriously don't.

I more or less agree with this.

I didn't like this episode at all and I've been avid supporter of this show. The resolution was terrible and I do not like this new direction the show is going in.
Sep 19, 2015 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
Oh, btw we never found out why Nao was beaten up by those girls lol.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 19, 2015 10:47 PM

May 2015
Ray_Roy said:
potatohun said:

"Then you shall take this ring
to remind you of your promise.
You shall wear it when you find Eden.
And when you return...
...I shall be your Eve."

Lol just whut
Sep 19, 2015 11:00 PM

Apr 2013
I actually liked the way they did the confession. Really fitting. I don't know what you guys were expecting; Otosaka to get all emotional and shit?

And GOD, the music is AMAZING
Sep 19, 2015 11:04 PM

Apr 2013
This show was pretty good within the first 11 episodes, but pfft. Good luck with your trip, man.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 19, 2015 11:07 PM

Apr 2013
> Timeskip incoming
Only problem i had with this episode was that it was too rushed; esp the part when Yuu took Misa's ability.
Sep 19, 2015 11:35 PM

Oct 2008
The Misa/Yusa resolution was too quick :| It felt like everything was resolved in 5 minutes. Pacing was bad again. And of course, Yuu is going to plunder all the abilities. Kind of predictable given what was written on the poster for Charlotte's OP/ED single, but at least this development didn't feel as abrupt as last week's disastrous episode.

Usually with one episode left I'd be worried how a show could wrap this up, but with this show's awful pacing I guess that isn't a problem.
Sep 20, 2015 12:03 AM

Dec 2011
My guess in the last eps (if they do not do second season)

-Time Skip
- Eps not focusing at Yuu, but Nao's daily life and other characters after the time skip
- Eps end with Nao's waiting for someone
- then Yuu come back to her and said "i'm home"
- Ending song
Sep 20, 2015 12:04 AM

Apr 2014
Surprised it didn't end there
Sep 20, 2015 12:04 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode. It's nice to get something more calm after all the shit that went down last week. Also the Misa parts were great, as well as the romance scene (which while dry, was very in character for those two).
Sep 20, 2015 12:10 AM

Apr 2015
Okay, even I thought that confession was out of nowhere, and my understanding of social decency sucks. Great episode otherwise.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Blueray release?

Drobot - Oct 5

6 by Kradaxe »»
Today, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

654 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

463 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

866 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2015

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.