Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2015 3:28 PM

May 2012
Can't say more than that I'm totally impressed! 10/10 all the way for me, it doesn't happen a lot that I give a perfect score but this anime sure deserves it!

From start till end this anime was just great and it ending ow so lovely so for that I find it a masterpiece grade worthy! 10/10!!!
Apr 3, 2015 7:29 PM

May 2010
So what was Kana's purpose...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 4, 2015 5:10 AM

Aug 2008
Confucius said:
So what was Kana's purpose...?

She was there to promote more drama between Shinichi and Murano mainly.
Apr 5, 2015 10:40 AM

Jan 2015
I almost cried 3 times, but i didn't. Awsome ending

10/10

Second season?
Apr 5, 2015 3:01 PM

Oct 2012
The ending wasn't the best out there but it was good enough and I liked it. Was surprised Murano actually survived but I am glad she did, she grew to be nice character.

Overall, it was good watch, I'll definitely miss this series. I wonder if Migi ascended and went into space to colonise other planet.

8/10
Apr 5, 2015 3:37 PM

Feb 2013
Parasyte is Over.

Issues: Yes, as many have pointed out some plotholes do exist. (some people thought certain plot-holes existed even though they were answered. but still there were some.)
1. Kana's ability is never really explained other than Migi Stating "She has the ability to sense us in a similar fashion to our ability"
2. The BABY anyone? (sure the government officials wanted to investigate it but that's so broad its unbearable)
(there were a few others)
Side note:The Police and Government officials did kinda just disappear (annoyingly as i would have enjoyed more involvement from the government)

Still wasn't too bad of a series. I enjoyed the Action. Migi's Thoughts on practically everything (especially as the beginning of the series) were hilarious.
The Ending was "Ok" i will admit Mr.Murderer coming out at the last second felt "off" but it kinda ended nicely.
Overall i'm gonna go with a 6.5-7/10
As it had a very good start but towards the end it had a bit of a downfall.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Apr 5, 2015 5:47 PM

Nov 2013
I liked it. Cliched story, yes, but well presented. Characters were believable and behaved like normal humans do, unlike most of the shows of this type (Murano was a bit annoying though). Good visuals and awesome soundtrack. Also, the bit of philosophy sat well with me. I would rate it around 8.5, but since we don't have decimal scores on MAL, I guess it's a 9. Interesting to note that it took them 20 years to make this since the manga was finished.
Apr 5, 2015 7:14 PM

Nov 2010
Mich666 said:
I wonder if Migi ascended and went into space to colonise other planet.

^This. Thank you very much for this answer! I can finally move on with peace in mind.
Apr 5, 2015 8:54 PM

Nov 2014
great

Apr 5, 2015 10:13 PM

Feb 2009
Was just gonna write how the entire series was worth it just to see that annoying girl thrown off a building, but alas. Weak finale, by far my least favourite episode of the entire series.

tbh, grandma lady from the last couple eps was a much better character than Murano ever was, and she was on screen for TWO EPISODES.
DropletApr 5, 2015 10:22 PM
Apr 6, 2015 4:00 PM

Nov 2014
The first half of this series was great, the ending I could barely stand. The series lost its direction and focus which is such a shame. I liked the interaction between Shinichi and Migi initially but they didn't really explore anything new. There was too much gore and action which left the characters hollow and not fleshed out enough.

The last episode could have been great if I had still liked the characters. Murano really served no purpose in this series other than to create the internal strife in Shinichi's mind. I really would have wanted to see more of these characters in laid back everyday situations. Good romances serve a purpose for the characters, there should have been something meaningful that inflicted these romantic feelings in them. The series only explored the effects and consequences of these bonds and feelings between Murano and Shinichi but we never really delved into the nature of the romance itself. In the beginning I liked these too characters because they just had minor crush on each other and it's natural that things are ambiguous. But then they just had sex out of nowhere and that totally did nothing for me.

Doesn't help that I just watched the whole bakemonogatari franchise. Araragi and Senjougahara are IMO the perfect example of a romance done well so everything about the romance in Parasyte felt forced.
Apr 7, 2015 11:44 PM

Jul 2014
I just finished the anime yesterday. Took me like a month not because it was boring (far from it) but bc i didnt wanna rush it at all... I enjoyed it too much i didnt wanna finish it in just one sitting.

The final few episodes leading to the finale were really beautiful bc we finally see migi's and izumi's true connection. but honestly the last episode caught me off guard. i didnt read the manga yet so when it ended the way it did, it made me really wish there was more in terms of episodes! I searched forums and read that this really might possibly be the last episode? I felt like it deserves a 2nd season! I feel like there's so much more to be told.. But the anime ended the way the manga did, so it makes me sad. Is there really no hope?
Apr 8, 2015 11:05 AM

Oct 2014
you gotta be kidding me
Apr 10, 2015 6:56 AM

Dec 2009
At least he changed that horrible hair style of his.
Apr 10, 2015 10:31 AM
Jan 2015
Parasyte Was a very good show although I think this episode was not necessarily needed I think the end of episode 23 was enough but it was good overall and am I the only one who thinks that the show was a crossover between spiderman and Tokyo ghoul?
Apr 10, 2015 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
Nice ending <3 9/10
Apr 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Dec 2007
Lightshade49 said:

2. The BABY anyone? (sure the government officials wanted to investigate it but that's so broad its unbearable)

How is that a "plot-hole"? Now you, as well as many other people, are just throwing that word around to descries elements of the series you were not satisfied with. 'The baby will be tested and then placed in foster care', how is that not enough? And no, they didnt need to explain where the parasytes came from or the peoples abilities because that isn't what the story is about. It's about this one persons struggle to survive in their world.

Reading the problems people had in this thread is just painful. All the bloodthirsty pricks who want Shinichi to lose everything just make me sad that they are interested in the same medium as me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2015 6:51 PM

Apr 2009
i don't know about you guys-...
but in my opinion, havign read the manga a couple of times, i think the anime did a very good job of bringing it to life, well- more to life than black and white pages could ^^'

i didn't even notice that much difference from the original, the manga, except some smaller things like where his arm transforms (honestly, it made more sense it happened somewhere with much less people) and that they have cell phones, tablets and computers instead of regular newspapers and such..

i also think the anime explained about as much as the manga did, and for being one who is rarely- extremely rarely- satisfied with manga-to-anime, i'd have to say that Kiseijuu was a job well done, hands down .o.~

i didn't think they'd even manage to slim those thick eight volumes down to just 24 episodes, but they did. the only one thing i kinda remember that they didn't take from the manga was one scene with an escaped lion, but that one scene didn't really bring much to the manga either, so it was a pretty okay choice, in my opinion..

so yes, in short, i thought it was an overall good anime -w-
nice pacing, anticipation was okay, cranked the volume up for every opening~~
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Apr 10, 2015 9:08 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, I don't know...When I first started watching this show, they set the bars very high and I expected a lot more later on. The build up felt similar to Monster or 20th Century Boys so I expected a really whimsical, exciting sci-fi that will explore endless possibilities and have lots of deep philosophy and meanings, but it was kind of...not?

My main concern was that the most "exciting" scene or "climax" happened around halfway or a bit past that depending on which scene you thought was the highlight of the show and then it just subsided into a grimdark action show. Like, they even had the interesting build up with the parasyte guy trying to run for major. I expected a networking type of plot (like 20th CB or Durarara) where one individual makes a bunch of people do things with his connections and charisma but they didn't really touch on it at all.

And FYI, I was lucky enough to not get spoiled (except for the fact that the MCs sleep together) but it was still not very exciting.

I still enjoyed most of it even though it became extremely underwhelming in the end. Oh, and I'll probably read the manga in the (far) future.

7/10
Apr 11, 2015 3:53 AM

Nov 2013
It was meh up to ep 20, then it jumped the shark. The last episode is one of the worst things I've ever watched.
Apr 11, 2015 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
Ketuekigami said:
Lightshade49 said:

How is that a "plot-hole"? Now you, as well as many other people, are just throwing that word around to descries elements of the series you were not satisfied with. 'The baby will be tested and then placed in foster care', how is that not enough? And no, they didnt need to explain where the parasytes came from or the peoples abilities because that isn't what the story is about. It's about this one persons struggle to survive in their world.

Reading the problems people had in this thread is just painful. All the bloodthirsty pricks who want Shinichi to lose everything just make me sad that they are interested in the same medium as me.

I'm inclined to agree with Ketueki.

They were saying throughout the whole first half how the baby was just a normal human being. It's not like it was going to grow up and become the MC of a sequel as a half-parasite/half-human that saves the world where Shinichi leaves off.

As soon as they said it would be tested and put into foster care, that was all that needed to be done.

Anyways, I liked it. I felt the ending was sort of abrupt, but this was definitely one of the more solid anime of the season.

8/10
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 11, 2015 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
Amazing first ~10 episodes, amazing last episode and they just kind of shit the bed inbetween mostly.
Apr 11, 2015 10:24 PM

Sep 2013
Well that was a waste of an ending... Good show, but I hated a lot of things. Especially the MC design after he avenges his mother. And the OP/ED. gods those were awful. Amazing that a MANGA could have such an incredibly open ending.

edit: Also, the author had no concept of time. Shinichi starts the story in his last year of high school, probably a few months after the year began. Tamiya Ryouko (parasite woman, whatever her name was) got pregnant about the same time. She gave birth after 9 months like halfway through the story and the 1st time we see the baby, it looks like a few months old then at around episode 20, they confirm Shinichi has 3 months of school left. Is it really so hard for authors to focus on the time-span of the story?
Old_RavenApr 12, 2015 7:55 PM
Apr 12, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2014
10/10. Haven't enjoyed an anime this much in such a long time.
Previously: BlueXRam
Apr 13, 2015 3:01 AM
Dec 2013
hella thought she was gonna die lol, huge sigh of relief

9/10
Apr 15, 2015 8:16 PM

Jan 2014
So much truth has been spoken; this was so close to perfection ^.-
And all points go to Shinichi and Migi as one of the best developed character couples ever. :Đ
Apr 16, 2015 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
Wow what a great adventure. Migi best character award.

I was so sure that Shinichi was going to turn more and more inhuman and Migi was going to turn very humanlike.

Murano still being very useless, still don't see what's keeping Shinichi and her together tbh...

Was expecting a very sad/happy ending but it turned out to be a very happy ending to most people's perspectives. Would have like to see Reiko and Kana and mayor more. Just want to see more of the parasite side, but that's just me though. Liked the adventure more than the ending

thanks for the fun trip of rhetorical questioning and more insightful views on human life, kiseijuu.
Apr 17, 2015 2:32 PM

Nov 2014
Wow, what a great ending. 9/10 for me. I really though Murano was dead and teared up but I was very relieved at how it turned out!
Apr 18, 2015 6:58 AM
Nov 2014
Lots of sentimal talkerino about the world, but still this nice little bit of action... Actually thought it would be the end for Murano (worked out really nice)

PLZ leave this great anime like this, don't make a second season !! Thank you !!
💕 Monocision 💕 - Disqus
Apr 18, 2015 12:11 PM
May 2012
The author shouldn't have put Uragami in the ending. The Anime/Manga should have ended with just Shinichi's monologues while having a date with Murano. Oh well. I didn't like Migi leaving and found it unnecessary. I knew he would save Murano, though. I like Murano and Shinichi's new hairstyle.
Well, I guess I was expecting kinda a lot since there's a lot of reaction videos of this Anime on Youtube (will check them out, just like the others), but yeah, I think this was still pretty good. Some things were left unanswered.....but sometimes, that's just how it's supposed to be. Since the Manga was old, this Anime had the old Anime feel even though it's new. At least, that's what I felt, especially during Shinichi's fight with Gotou in the forest.
I might check out the Manga someday. I hope more old Manga gets an Anime adaption. I kinda wish that I had read the Manga before watching this. Thank you ^^ Time to sleep now. Got school tomorrow *sigh*
Apr 19, 2015 4:48 AM

Feb 2013
Hmm.. I'm not sure about this one. I mean, it's good and pretty entertaining but it lacks.. something. I don't know. This is going to be a forgettable one for me. 7/10
Apr 21, 2015 8:16 AM

Jun 2014
7/10

Madhouse didn't improve the story except Reiko. I really liked her last episode.

lol at some people who wants a tragic ending.
You fools are bunch of hypocrite.
Apr 21, 2015 10:58 AM
Apr 2015
4/10
This series was great until Ep 12, became meh in the middle and turned into complete shit towards the end

One of the worst and cringeworthy final episodes ever
Shame on the Mangaka for this mess
Apr 21, 2015 11:26 AM

Jan 2013
That random ugly girl should have died.
That would make ending much,much better and fitting overall theme.
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Apr 23, 2015 9:37 AM

Jan 2012
anyone else wish this annoying ass bish was dead?

show would be 100x better if the long hair chick was alive

i even guess the red hair bish would die in ep 12/13 but nope...

good series up until EP 18..

8/10 for me.. barely
Apr 25, 2015 4:43 PM

Mar 2012
Oh god the ending, time to forget it again :D

Overall, it was a good adaptation. Not without its kinks, like the crappy out of place dubstep they had going in the first episodes and somehow making Murano annoying as hell, but still pretty good. Was really nice to see the fights animated :)

One thing it didn't have was the creepy vibe of the manga, although the rest of the ost was good it just didn't have an eerie feel to it.

I enjoyed the manga more than this adaptation but it was definitely enjoyable to watch. Well besides the ending but that's how it was in the manga as well unfortunately >_>

7/10
May 1, 2015 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
It started solid and was still above average around the time Shinichi's mother died. After that it slowly trudged downhill and, while there was a bit of hope with Reiko later, it ultimately didn't go anywhere. The initial suspense was lost and the themes were practically smashed over the viewers' heads in the end.

Despite that, the action and tactics were indeed nice, and there was some decent characterization. The themes were pretty interesting in the first parts as well. Overall I can't quite say I dislike the show; it just could have done a lot more.

It was okay.
May 11, 2015 5:52 AM

Dec 2008
So the roller coaster came to a finish, such a great anime. Too bad migi went to sleep, it would have been better if the co-existed for the rest of their lives.
May 13, 2015 5:50 AM
May 2015
I just finished watching this anime. took me approximately 10 hours. anyways, I like the ending. I still have questions thou. firstly, Ryoko Tamiya's son. at first I thought Izumi will raise it. I was wondering what happened to him. then about Migi.. at the end, Migi is the one who saved Murano, Satomi. then does that mean he can wake up once in a while? still can't get over the fact that migi went to sleep. episode 18 (7:55-13:11) is my favorite part. i repeated it a hundred times while crying. T~T so bottom line, it's a nice and a must watch anime T~T
May 13, 2015 11:33 PM

Sep 2011
Aww, come on... the most annoying character didn't die...
Well, it was a a nice series 8/10
May 23, 2015 4:04 AM

Jul 2013
Lets start off, I'm not a fan of Madhouse but this anime is one exception.

I have read most replies to this page and the story was focused Izumi, Shinichi not about aliens, How he has to survive and the way it has impacted upon his normal life style.

If we re-cap about the aliens coming to earth is because they feel humans are destroying the environment and have no right to live for that reason. In other words, they think humans are weak and fragile.

Overall the series was really good, I decided to rate it 9/10 but could be 10/10 except the last few series did not have much action and Izumi suddenly went back to his pussy personality than the badass we had seen after heart transplant.

In my opinion its better than Tokyo Ghoul series like 5x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 2:32 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Overall it was a nice anime. Not the best one but had a nice plot.
As for the last ep I got a bit sad that it emdedwith this.
But Oh well what will you do about it.

May 28, 2015 1:58 PM

Jun 2010
Great show 9/10, because I really wanted to see some real action in the end.
May 30, 2015 2:02 AM

Jun 2011
how I wish Murano died... lol
I will miss migi
May 30, 2015 4:29 PM
Aug 2007
Decent ending. Glad Murano didn't die in the end.. Uragami showing up out of nowhere to kill her just as Shinichi was getting his life back in order would've been an unnecessarily harsh ending to the story.

Migi saved the day, glad that it looks like he will still be able to help out Shinichi in a real pinch.

Anyway, overall 8/10. Reiko's was the highlight for me, great character.
May 31, 2015 9:54 AM

May 2011
I was expecting something more conclusive than one last fight at the end.
I didn't liked it at all.. Murano was nice for the first time in the whole history, but because of her, I will not give this anime a 10... she was such an useless and boring character just like Naruto's Hinata, Reborn's Keiko and those boring anime girls.. I wish she could be strong and interesting like Kana was.. Kana was the best girl by far from there.. Reiko was awesome too.
BTW, this finale was just nice.. Migi was cute as hell haha.. and the fight against Gotou was on point.
I will miss Reiko laughing without her head, Kana stalking Shinichi, Migi being curious and senseless.. he was fun. I will miss that cute gramma and Uda being fun too.

This was a great series.. so different and violent and fun at the same time.. but for the time that Murano was boring as hell and this unnecessary last fight, I will give it a 9/10.
Jun 5, 2015 9:51 AM
May 2010
It was okay. A better ending than I had expected, given the weak ending of the previous episode.

6.4/10 overall.
Jun 6, 2015 10:23 AM

Dec 2013
it's just awesome <3 i am happy that migi is alive :')

P-E-R-F-E-C-T END .

no season 2 :'(
Jun 6, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
If I should choose between Tokyo Ghoul or Parasyte I think I would do the latter.

Anyway, I really did love the series until the middle part, especially when Shinichi's mother died. (don't get me wrong, it was a sad part ;_;)

The second half went downhill for me as well, and I'm glad I wasn't the only one. It was really anti-climatic. The MC got mentally and physically weaker, and I'm sure he had more potential judging by that scene when he crushed that parasite with his bare hands omg.

The characters were enjoyable and I could sympathise with Reiko and I found her last scene really beautiful.

I give 9/10 because of the second part. It was suspenseful throughout the whole anime.
Jun 8, 2015 8:01 AM

Dec 2013
That was a wild ride, I loved every single thing about this anime. I loved Murano. I loved her so much, her way of thinking and everything. I loved Migi, I loved Sinichi. I loved Reiko. And I love Murano. I wanna have her as a cuddle partner zzz
Pages (14) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

276 by RapidPhantom »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

20 by ST63LTH »»
May 21, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

277 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.