Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2015 3:25 PM

Dec 2013
Imeon said:
Whayle said:
Lol people who think he would have serve 700 dishes, don't forget Souma was panting at the end, he used everything he had.

He's working under pressure. You use more energy than you normally do when pressured. Megumi didn't sweat after reaching 200, does that mean she have more endurance than Souma? Hell, I don't think so. Looked at Erina and Alice, are they sweating? No, coz they're confident and relax. Their dishes particularly Alice is way complicated than Souma's.

Maybe they're not sweating because they didn't make 200 dishes in 30 minutes?
Jul 3, 2015 3:28 PM

Mar 2014
What an amazing episode. The suspense that went through me as Soma rushed to finish his 200 servings. I mean, I know it's kind of a given that Soma was going to pass but seeing him struggle and succeed was just as satisfying.

Takuan_Soho said:
The thing that makes Alice so much fun is how quickly she goes from "mature seductive woman" to "pouting child", I liked the way they animated that. The switching back and forth accented her character (and nearly gave me whiplash). Loved her put down of Nukumi there is well. Her jealousy of Erina (and Erina's responses) are always fun as well.

A small addition the show made over the manga was that they made sure to show a character that will be important next arc. I love when the production team actually reads ahead for a change.

Said pretty much everything I wanted to say about Alice. I'm really liking her character!

Which character are you talking about?

Also, it always makes me happy hearing the ED, especially when the show is still going on.
Jul 3, 2015 3:49 PM
Oct 2012
jreginald said:

They did it in such a way that only a reader would get it
Jul 3, 2015 3:55 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was good, some part needed more animation and Alice's voice wasn't that fitting in my opinion...
Nothing big bothered me except maybe the beginning that was a little abrupt and especailly how Souma had like 16 stoves when he had 8 in the manga.
4/5

And they will skip the kaarage arc? That not a bad choice but I would like it if they wouldn't put the full autumn election arc because it's going to be very rushed if they do...

Danniel said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Someone from the supporting characters just lose already!Everybody advancing like its nothing?

I've also been thinking that. The story is putting so much emphasis to say that the school expels a lot of students, but so far no one important has dropped.

But well,this is a shounen manga, so this kind of thing is not expected.

The first year is the easiest to pass you know? The manga isn't that far yet but it has been said that it becomes harder and harder as the year pass. Maybe they will drop around the 2nd or 3rd year who knows?
Jul 3, 2015 4:10 PM
Oct 2012
Whayle said:

No, I think the 16 gas stoves had more to do with it :-)

The other chefs were averaging 200 servings an hour (based on Megumi saying 1/2 way with 30 minutes left to go), Erina and Alice both averaged 200 in 30 minutes. So they did the same thing as Souma, but with far less effort.

The difference was primarily prepping. Alice and Erina had all the parts together before the competition and were able to put them together quicker than Souma with less stress. Souma's selection required him to do the prepping DURING the competition.

So his speed was amazing, however his faults as a chef are still there. He did not prep properly, and it was primarily his technique, not his meal, that attracted people. He would not have sold "more" had he messed up, maybe the same, but probably less than Erina.
Jul 3, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
jreginald said:

They did it in such a way that only a reader would get it

No really. I saw through it quite easily. Because he was the only character that popped up in those still frames out of nowhere who is yet to be introduced.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 3, 2015 4:27 PM

Apr 2015
Whayle said:

Or they're not expecting to finish 200 meals in 30 minutes. Pressure dude, it's the stress and the pressure.
#CHEXIT
Jul 3, 2015 4:29 PM

May 2012
an amusing episode, plot armor for the win
Jul 3, 2015 4:34 PM

Dec 2012

even if the staff try to use different it will stray from original manga plot-wise
i really wish for J.C to increase episode of SnS 25 or 26...24 is just not enough
or rather they can skip the filler arc in every in-before battle of autumn semi-finalist
Jul 3, 2015 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode!
The loli saved the day and holy shit Alice is hot! :)
Jul 3, 2015 4:51 PM

Sep 2014
600+ left , I am sure there were less in the hall:)
Autumn elections..Maybe this is the thing where only 10% survive..:/
Oh and I wonder what will Yukihira's father do..And I think he may be somehow related to one of the students or chefs:l (Not talking about Yukihira)
Jul 3, 2015 4:59 PM
Apr 2015
I haven't read the manga but i'm guessing soma's dad nickname is the demon (probably because of his red hair) but extremely hype about next week for some reason and i'm pretty sure the old polar star lady is going to be surprised when she finds out that soma is his son
Jul 3, 2015 5:05 PM

Jan 2013
DesuTronic said:
It seems like lolis are immune against undressing effects of the food.
To be honest, I was relieved that they didn't show her get a foodgasm XD

Fiji said:
Gah. They are skipping the Karaage arc. >.< If they are actually doing this, they better do it as an OVA. >.<

It was a good episode. Souma came back through live cooking. Really love the Street Fighter Cards too. Erina as Blanka. Soooo cute!

I would definitely try a spin-off game of this.

Devilsayshi said:
This anime always makes me super hungry!! >-<
I usually eat something while I watch this, but this time I got excited and forgot food (-_-)
Jul 3, 2015 5:10 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode but I wanna see the support cast fail.
Jul 3, 2015 5:14 PM
Jul 2015
hey it doesn't matter to skip filler like karaage arc (i dislike this arc) cause autumn arc had alarge amount story and development
==========
for people stiil thinking story and ecchi in Shokugeki no Soma is weird you wrong! later a funny weird foodgasm like Yakitate is really greatness ever always showed up, and the latest arc Soma must beat all elite ten council in Totsuki academy (including Erina and Isshiki-Senpai)
SocialLovingJul 3, 2015 5:41 PM
Jul 3, 2015 5:17 PM

Feb 2014
Such an awesome episode... Soma being op and shit, making 200 serving in 30 minutes.
Jul 3, 2015 5:26 PM
Nov 2010
About a certain future arc, the people behind the show released some news and food photos pertaining to it a while back. I think it's on the official site? They probably are just rearranging chapters instead of skipping some.
Vanguard_Leonard said:
for people stiil thinking story and ecchi in Shokugeki no Soma is weird you wrong! later a funny weird foodgasm like Yakitate is really greatness ever always showed up, and the latest arc Soma must...

Hey spoiler those.
MendicantJul 3, 2015 5:31 PM
Jul 3, 2015 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode, one of my favorite moments from the manga when Souma shows his adaptability and skills off. I was wondering what they were gonna do with the Karaage arc because the Autumn Election Arc is gonna take a lot of episodes to do if they wanted to do it completely this season. If they're skipping it then hopefully they add it in as a OVA.
Jul 3, 2015 5:31 PM

Jul 2015
JonPiter said:
If the are to reach the end of chapter 41 (The Man who was called an Asura) they will skip Sensual Karaage mini arc and adapt four chapters in only one episode. Too bad for Nikumi fans.

OVA? I would love to see that mini arc as an anime.
Jul 3, 2015 5:34 PM
Nov 2010
Well that arc introduced
which directly affects stuff in
so I don't see them skipping it. Just changing the order.
Jul 3, 2015 5:34 PM

Jul 2015
I can't wait for the next episode. "The Man Who was Called an "Asura"/"The Man Called Demon" , now that would be a great episode.
Jul 3, 2015 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
Fantastic episode of Shokugeki and a great adaptation of the training camp arc. J.C. Staff was on point with the execution of animating Souma's live cooking. The OST was so intense and it just made you so pumped; simply perfect! Souma thinking back about what his father told him about analysing the situation if you're in a panic was very wise. Souma was able to get back on track and successfully acquired 200 servings. That first customer that came to Souma's booth looked like a younger Nico from Love Live though. xD

Seeing Souma's live cooking was so entertaining though. I can rewatch those parts many times over and it'll never get old. :D Souma's omelette looks so technical and delicious though; so hungryyyy. Erina had 407 servings, geezus. It was a great that the remaining students enjoyed a high-class meal cooked by the Alumni. : ) Looks like Souma's father returns next episode. ;) Also, I loved those Street Fighter x Shokugeki cards in between the episode and at the end; Souma as Ryu, Aldini as Ken and Erina as Blanka LOL!
5/5
Jul 3, 2015 6:29 PM

Aug 2014
Omg that was amazing. Yukihira performance was really faster and incredible!
Looks like Souma's father is going to appear on the next episode. I'm very exciting for that. What kind of surprises we are going to see next week... ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jul 3, 2015 6:53 PM

Nov 2014
Alice is best girl ;)
Hi there
Jul 3, 2015 7:10 PM

Jul 2010
Why is this show so good? Hell, can't have enough.
Alice seems a pretty interesting rival, looking forward for her development.
Jul 3, 2015 7:27 PM

Nov 2013
Damn. Damn. DAMN.

The manga chapter was intense, but this episode just blew me away. It was super over the top in every good way imaginable. The music aided a lot to this and I had some goosebumps.

JC Staff, my hat's off to you. This is a great adaptation.
Jul 3, 2015 7:36 PM
Oct 2012
Here i expect the new opening

That loli looks cute
Jul 3, 2015 7:40 PM
Mar 2014
This show literally never disappoints me. This is probably the best anime (when you combine both the source material and the adaptation) of the previous season, and possibly of this season too. I don't want this season to end xD
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jul 3, 2015 7:49 PM
Jul 2015
Yeah this episode was golden! I loved how they ended the camp off with the dinner with alumni and the episode was lively the entire time! What will be interesting is the Autumn Elections and I assume that may be for becoming one of the top ten! HYPED AF, and I want to see Soma face off against Alice and Nakiri in 1v1 Culinary Combat!
Jul 3, 2015 7:51 PM
Jul 2015
SchwingBoner said:

Loli saves the day!

Damn, Soma was so badass. He can think fast and adapt quick to any situation.

Alice's dish was very creative for something that looked simple and boring.

Oh yeah. Erina and Alice are definitely related. You can tell from their boobs size.

Yeah they definitely did make Yukihira Soma look like a Lolicon. When he told the girl to come over, it made me imagine a Pedophile luring a child into a truck! It was funny.
Jul 3, 2015 8:13 PM

Apr 2010
Oh lord. This show is just so good.

Jul 3, 2015 8:43 PM
Feb 2015
I freaking love this anime!!! So glad that soma made it and he barely passed. He definitly learned from his mastakes, if he did that in the first place he would probable be side by side with erina with 400 servings. Erina was so cute when she was a kid, she made her cousin sad all the time lmao xD

In the end, everyone got to enjoy some good food made by professionals. :)
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 3, 2015 8:59 PM

Mar 2015
Soma attracting the loli as the first customer. XD
Jul 3, 2015 9:09 PM

Oct 2011
Street Fighter !!!!

Loli saved the day
Jul 3, 2015 9:11 PM
Nov 2009
This episode went by so quick like eating good food when you're hungry.
Jul 3, 2015 9:11 PM

Jan 2015
This was my favorite chapter chapter in the manga and seeing that the anime adapted it perfectly and then went the extra mile is just so exhilarating. Great episode and good setup for the final arc of the anime. Only 10 episodes left so it's will be interesting to see what they cutout and where they leave off.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 3, 2015 9:16 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, Souma faces some difficult times to serve your plate, but in the end manages to excel, I missed more fan service in this episode, and I hope not jump arcs in the anime, I think that will mess up a bit the development ..
Jul 3, 2015 9:29 PM

Sep 2012
they make it kinda overkill....

Jul 3, 2015 9:33 PM

Jun 2008
My nigga Souma once again rises to the occasion!

This Alice chick is pretty hot interesting...
Jul 3, 2015 9:52 PM

Apr 2015
Souma manages to pull through yet again. Alice's designs are really innovative, though I can't say I'm fond of her because of there only being a brief self-explanation of the relationship between her and Erina. Looks like the father is coming next episode.
Jul 3, 2015 10:25 PM

Jun 2014
dend08 said:

Finally someone else notice... it was bothering me to no end and made me think of Souma as way more OP than he actually is..
Jul 3, 2015 10:30 PM

Sep 2013
Wow souma is a superhuman, doing all those pots XD
Erina best girl still dominating as usual, if she came with a small dish instead of a full dish like eggs benedict she would easily do over 600.
Jul 3, 2015 10:32 PM

Feb 2012
They really OP Souma to get him by the challenge.

On another note, Alice was quite cute this episode. I like it when they make her eyes weird. lol! Megumi > Ikumi > Alice > Erina
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 3, 2015 10:46 PM

Nov 2011
Manga reader will notice that someone didn't go all out in this task.

Jul 3, 2015 10:47 PM

Sep 2014
Another ep worth 5/5. Oh boy. This is another episode that I believe is a lot better than the manga.

I loved how J.C. Staff panned to all the supporting characters that were able to reach the 200 servings requirement. Can't wait for spice guy and bandana guy. ;) Also, I also love it when they cut in the ED at the end of the episode, since the music really matches the joyful atmosphere at the end, like the training camp was all just a nightmare. xD

ALSO AUTUMN ELECTIONS HYPE Y'ALL. HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE. It's the arc where the manga just took another level of badass and you won't regret watching it!!!
Jul 3, 2015 10:48 PM

Dec 2011
Well, the end of the Training Camp arc. Next arc is the biggest and the most exciting one, lots of new interesting characters coming up, so I hope they can handle it well.

But probably no Karaage arc eh? A shame, it was quite refreshing and interesting in some way.
Jul 3, 2015 10:51 PM

Jan 2011
Thai777 said:
dend08 said:

Finally someone else notice... it was bothering me to no end and made me think of Souma as way more OP than he actually is..
yeah show kinda made it seem like an impossible feat for one person lol.

just glad they showed the street fighter eye catch and end card!
Jul 3, 2015 11:02 PM

Nov 2011
dend08 said:

Unlimited Cooking Works!

Jul 3, 2015 11:27 PM

Aug 2013
You can tell Erina and Alice are cousins because of the "plot".

Dat slight change to the ED visuals too.

So they got a congratulatory banquet at the end? Fuck. That. Shiiiiiit. Let me eat some of my fucked up leftovers from the buffet challenge and let me go to sleep. Haven't slept for 56 hours straight. Wouldn't want to be awake for another X amount of hours at a banquet.

So next week Dad shows up again. Looks like he shows up at the Polar Star dorm, and it looks like crazy erotic old lady who used to be hot as fuck knows who he is.

Also Erina and Souma in a car together. Bet Erina was stoked about that.
Jul 3, 2015 11:38 PM
Sep 2014
This episode was so friggin' exciting dude. I jumped and all! Can't wait for what's coming next.
I can't believe an anime with the genre ecchi is now one of my favorites from it season, seriously.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

639 by Dumb »»
Sep 8, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

193 by PapRedpaw »»
Aug 19, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Why is the rating keep dropping each season (Anime or manga)

Hickykissy - Aug 10

15 by HorseLatitudes »»
Aug 16, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

425 by duragon49 »»
Jul 29, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

197 by duragon49 »»
Jul 29, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.