Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2015 5:03 PM

Nov 2014
I'm afraid of watching this episode now.......
Jun 6, 2015 5:04 PM

May 2012
RAWRfizzz said:
Anime-only viewer, here. WTF does Shirou trying out for the track team have to do with anything?

This show needs to either explain its shit to people who haven't read the VN, or just put a big ass disclaimer at the beginning of each episode that if you haven't read the VN you may as well not bother watching, because it's sure as hell not going to explain anything to you.

Also, when your sperm turns green and mutates like that, it's time to visit your family physician, Shirou. I'm concerned for your testicular health, bro. :(

She met him and fell for him when they were little, and it's a secret she's been carrying for a while now. I thought it was pretty self explanatory, I mean she did say he peeked into one of her secrets.

Also, somehow the scene everyone is complaining about turned out to be implied sex anyway by AO viewers.

Also,
Grey-Zone said:
It's a teaser for HF.

Since that scene gets explained in HF

Nov 2012
KamiCity said:
Sonotoki said:
Somewhere in japan someone thought Rin's form of tsundere was anywhere near bearable, her character's not even funny or comedic in any way, just outright immature, inconsistent, flat and annoying.

Yet she is loved by so many people. "Opinions" everyone thinks theirs are better than everyone else's.
Is it? How do you know? Prove it
Make sure to make clear the discrepance between 'Rin' and 'Rin's form of tsundere' and 'her character'. There are people who like characters that have no character so it is hard to see the difference. < here notice the difference between character and character

Nov 2014
nocorras said:
RAWRfizzz said:
Anime-only viewer, here. WTF does Shirou trying out for the track team have to do with anything?

This show needs to either explain its shit to people who haven't read the VN, or just put a big ass disclaimer at the beginning of each episode that if you haven't read the VN you may as well not bother watching, because it's sure as hell not going to explain anything to you.

Also, when your sperm turns green and mutates like that, it's time to visit your family physician, Shirou. I'm concerned for your testicular health, bro. :(

Little Rin got a lady boner over litlte Shirou for reasons they didn't feel like explaining.

Oh. Literally it wasn't even clear whether that was meant to be a lady boner, or just more garbage tsundere 101 regression. Good to know Rin is into guys who suck at track and field events.
Quality Queen.
Jun 6, 2015 5:05 PM

May 2015
VarunaBles said:

It's not actually a bad episode, I don't know why everyones freaking out so much. Kinda what everyone expected tbh. The only thing I was annoyed about was UFO being a cocktease and building the episode up so much to Rin and Shirou finally getting it on and then boom magic crest transfer instead.

Jul 2007
VarunaBles said:

You will literally miss absolutely NOTHING if you skip this episode.
And skipping it is suggested, unless you like watching radioactive dolphins or Saber staring at walls for 5 minutes.

Literally worst episode in the whole show.

Apr 2015
Grey-Zone said:
Nekuwafers said:

He's also the guy everyones blaming for the adaptation not being how they wanted. A chance for redemption has presented itself

PSSSHT! Don't say anymore!

It's supposed to be a trick question so that the ignorant people can't take back what they say once I quote them!

I see your point, you sly bastard. I wish for the most favorable of results!
NekuwafersJun 6, 2015 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
RAWRfizzz said:
nocorras said:

Little Rin got a lady boner over litlte Shirou for reasons they didn't feel like explaining.

Oh. Literally it wasn't even clear whether that was meant to be a lady boner, or just more garbage tsundere 101 regression. Good to know Rin is into guys who suck at track and field events.
It will make more sense when you see HF. Just like a ton of stuff from FZ will make more sense when people see HF.

Though it seemed pretty self explanatory from what Rin said after and how she looked at him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 5:08 PM

Oct 2014
RAWRfizzz said:
nocorras said:

Well here's the explanation if you want it. IT's about Shirou and Rin really. It's from another route though but not really major spoilers.

The whole point is that he sucked, knew he sucked, but kept doing it anyway.
nocorrasJun 6, 2015 5:11 PM
Jun 6, 2015 5:08 PM

May 2012
Sonotoki said:
KamiCity said:

Yet she is loved by so many people. "Opinions" everyone thinks theirs are better than everyone else's.
Is it? How do you know? Prove it
Make sure to make clear the discrepance between 'Rin' and 'Rin's form of tsundere' and 'her character'. There are people who like characters that have no character so it is hard to see the difference. < here notice the difference between character and character

Irrelevant, a character is an entire package, you don't get to pick and choose. Or are you saying you judge people only by 1 action or personality trait and not their entire person? Don't pretend you can differentiate things just because you "believe so." Statistics are a thing you know

There is your proof, on MAL alone that's not even counting Japan or non forum viewers.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1370388
Jun 6, 2015 5:09 PM

Nov 2014
Ketuekigami said:
RAWRfizzz said:

It will make more sense when you see HF. Just like a ton of stuff from FZ will make more sense when people see HF.

if a show can't stand on its own two feet, it's a failure as a show. People shouldn't have to refer to supplementary material, or watch sequels, or prequels, or ask around in order to understand the material presented. I understand that the nature of F/SN makes accomplishing this difficult. If they couldn't accomplish it, they shouldn't have done it, or they should have done it all as movies, or they should have done 1 cour for each route as one long show, or whatever, I don't know, I'm not a showrunner. My point stands. :)
Quality Queen.
Jun 6, 2015 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
VarunaBles said:

It wasn't bad.

Uneventful,but not bad,compared to the parts of the source which it's adapting at least.
Jun 6, 2015 5:11 PM

May 2012
RAWRfizzz said:

if a show can't stand on its own two feet, it's a failure as a show. People shouldn't have to refer to supplementary material, or watch sequels, or prequels, or ask around in order to understand the material presented. I understand that the nature of F/SN makes accomplishing this difficult. If they couldn't accomplish it, they shouldn't have done it, or they should have done it all as movies, or they should have done 1 cour for each route as one long show, or whatever, I don't know, I'm not a showrunner. My point stands. :)
That's a lie, no show entirely stands on its own. Also this isn't a show that is meant stand on it's own, it's part of a bigger series. That's like saying I don't understand Harry potter by just reading book 3, and neglecting all the other books. Things make sense as the series goes along, more information about a prior part of the series becomes more relevant. This story is broken up into 3 routes and you are watching route 2 of 3 at the moment.
Jun 6, 2015 5:12 PM

Jul 2013
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
VarunaBles said:

It wasn't bad.

Uneventful,but not bad,compared to the parts of the source which it's adapting at least.

i thought it was actually very good. depsite all these "OMG DOLPHINS DEEN BLAH" comments, i thought the scene was actually very beautiful with that combination of visuals and OST
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jun 6, 2015 5:13 PM

May 2009
Don't understand why they insist on including the dolphin things. It's silly. The magic circuits would have sufficed. Other than that, I thought the episode was okay.
Jun 6, 2015 5:14 PM

Jul 2007
RAWRfizzz said:
Ketuekigami said:

The "adaptation" has a bit of an identity crisis, you see.

It does not know whether it is "Unlimited Anime Original route Works", "Unlimited Fanservice for VN readers Works", "Unlimited Shonen Action Fest Works", "Unlimited Faithful Adaptation Works" or "Unlimited Comedy Works".
Jun 6, 2015 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
Sonotoki said:
Somewhere in japan someone thought Rin's form of tsundere was anywhere near bearable, her character's not even funny or comedic in any way, just outright immature, inconsistent, flat and annoying.

I agree. Rin is a poorly written character who's only managed to become so popular because of her moefactor and the due to how most of her fans are just simply infatuated with immature girls with unrealistic mood swings. She has little character growth, and is petty, indecisive, and acts like she's the best while actually being nothing more than an inexperienced child who doesn't know how to competently deal with the challenges that the Holy Grail War presents. She lacks depth, and I think this episode exemplified that quite well.
Jun 6, 2015 5:16 PM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:

It does not know whether it is "Unlimited Anime Original route Works", "Unlimited Fanservice for VN readers Works", "Unlimited Shonen Action Fest Works", "Unlimited Faithful Adaptation Works" or "Unlimited Comedy Works".

CP is having even more of an identity crisis, he doesn't even know what to say since he's been repeating the same things over and over again that now he's just repeating a bunch of irrelevant words and adding "unlimited" before and "works" after.

Nov 2014
KamiCity said:
RAWRfizzz said:

That's a lie, no show entirely stands on its own. Also this isn't a show that is meant stand on it's own, it's part of a bigger series. That's like saying I don't understand Harry potter by just reading book 3, and neglecting all the other books. Things make sense as the series goes along, more information about a prior part of the series becomes more relevant. This story is broken up into 3 routes and you are watching route 2 of 3 at the moment.

You're comparing a television show to books, which is apples to oranges.

Also, route 1 wasn't adapted, so viewers have no information from that to utilize.

In the same vein, route 3 is a sequel, and it's not helpful to tell me the necessary information for something in this show is in the sequel movie. :/
Quality Queen.

Sep 2013
VarunaBles said:

Don't be, it was alright

This whole ragefest is way out of control
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 5:17 PM

Sep 2013
ZeroDragon said:
Sonotoki said:

I agree. Rin is a poorly written character who's only managed to become so popular because of her moefactor and the due to how most of her fans are just simply infatuated with immature girls with unrealistic mood swings. She has little character growth, and is petty, indecisive, and acts like she's the best while actually being nothing more than an inexperienced child who doesn't know how to competently deal with the challenges that the Holy Grail War presents. She lacks depth, and I think this episode exemplified that quite well.
Don't project your character onto others, King of Heroes.
Jun 6, 2015 5:17 PM

May 2015
ZeroDragon said:
Sonotoki said:

Kinda described quite a lot of teenage girls well. And tbh, she's grew up with her fathers killer, pretty much no mother and a whole family heritage to look after. I think she's definitely a pretty deep character who's been shown to grow and change almost completely throughout the episode.

From joining the HGW threatening to kill fellow students. To being betrayed and falling for an enemy, to deciding to throw away her dreams of getting the grail for her family and just helping her friends/lover.

Guess you kinda missed all that.
Jun 6, 2015 5:18 PM

Nov 2014
KamiCity said:
CookingPriest said:

CP is having even more of an identity crisis, he doesn't even know what to say since he's been repeating the same things over and over again that now he's just repeating a bunch of irrelevant words and adding "unlimited" before and "works" after.

Unlimited's a pretty good word, though. Not so much with works. Not a huge fan of that word, as it's pretty generic. I could get behind adding unlimited to a bunch of random crap for like a day, though, just to annoy people. ^^
Quality Queen.
Jun 6, 2015 5:19 PM

May 2012
RAWRfizzz said:
KamiCity said:

Also, route 1 wasn't adapted, so viewers have no information from that to utilize.

In the same vein, route 3 is a sequel, and it's not helpful to tell me the necessary information for something in this show is in the sequel movie. :/
Insert harry potter movies instead of books my point still stands.
Route 3 is not a sequel, it's an alternate storyline where more information appears during the same timeframe. It's literally looking at the same few weeks and showing you a different angle. Things change depending on choices, different fights, different outcomes but same characters and setting.

RAWRfizzz said:

Unlimited's a pretty good word, though. Not so much with works. Not a huge fan of that word, as it's pretty generic. I could get behind adding unlimited to a bunch of random crap for like a day, though, just to annoy people. ^^

I agree it could turn out to be hilarious.

Dec 2007
ZeroDragon said:
Sonotoki said:

I actually like Rin (not as favorite), because she doesn't need much growth. She is pretty mature as a person even considering her childish sides. Being a character without needing much growth doesn't have to be a bad thing. And if you include FZ its more that you get a look into her line of thinking and I find that pretty interesting. In that sense I disagree that she lacks depth, it's just different from other characters who mature through the series itself.

Jul 2007
SaintEmiya said:
ZeroDragon said:

Kinda described quite a lot of teenage girls well. And tbh, she's grew up with her fathers killer, pretty much no mother and a whole family heritage to look after. I think she's definitely a pretty deep character who's been shown to grow and change almost completely throughout the episode.

From joining the HGW threatening to kill fellow students. To being betrayed and falling for an enemy, to deciding to throw away her dreams of getting the grail for her family and just helping her friends/lover.

Except that that should not be who Rin is.

Yet that is how the anime presents her.

If I had not read the VN, I would treat Rin as an immature abusive bitch who tries to lecture everyone and has every single possible skillset like a good mary sue. A superficial moeblob tsundere.

Thankfully I know her flaws and actual character because of VN, so I can treat UfoRin as completely separate character.
Jun 6, 2015 5:22 PM

Nov 2014
KamiCity said:
RAWRfizzz said:

Insert harry potter movies instead of books my point still stands.
Route 3 is not a sequel, it's an alternate storyline where more information appears during the same timeframe. It's literally looking at the same few weeks and showing you a different angle. Things change depending on choices, different fights, different outcomes but same characters and setting.

It hasn't come out yet. I have no information from it with which to apply to this situation. And I'm not interested in whatever rabid dog VN argument you're trying to pick, so I'm going to desist now.
Quality Queen.
Jun 6, 2015 5:22 PM

May 2015
CookingPriest said:
SaintEmiya said:

If I had not read the VN, I would treat Rin as an immature abusive bitch who tries to lecture everyone and has every single possible skillset like a good mary sue. A superficial moeblob tsundere.

Thankfully I know her flaws and actual character because of VN, so I can treat UfoRin as completely separate character.

Tbh I think that even in UFO Anime she's gone through a character arc. She's definitely not as closed off or hostile to anything social anymore. It's been quite a long and subtle transition to her becoming more open to others and finally letting go of her family obligations to truly do stuff for herself.
Jun 6, 2015 5:23 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
VarunaBles said:

You will literally miss absolutely NOTHING if you skip this episode.
And skipping it is suggested, unless you like watching radioactive dolphins or Saber staring at walls for 5 minutes.

Literally worst episode in the whole show.

Because F/SN is totally episodic just like in the novel and shouldn't be marathoned in the first place, right?
Jun 6, 2015 5:25 PM

Nov 2014
SaintEmiya said:
CookingPriest said:

Tbh I think that even in UFO Anime she's gone through a character arc. She's definitely not as closed off or hostile to anything social anymore. It's been quite a long and subtle transition to her becoming more open to others and finally letting go of her family obligations to truly do stuff for herself.

It seems like she has, this episode was just a really bad reversion to "generic high school tsundere" form for whatever reason, and it was really jarring, because it seemed like we had gotten past that with her. So, basically, fuck off, whoever wrote this episode?
Quality Queen.

Jul 2007
SaintEmiya said:
CookingPriest said:

Except not? considering just this episode she was bullying Shirou AGAIN via generic tsundere act.

Most of Anime onlies either treat her as generic tsundere or as some "perfect empowered super strong person who can do everything but is weighed down by shonen protag".

We do not see Shirou breaking down her walls or anything of that sort. Instead we see him stare at the wall while Rin continues to boss him around for 12 episodes, then suddenly they get love declaration and then she bosses him around some more. Where's the character arc here?

May 2012
RAWRfizzz said:

It hasn't come out yet. I have no information from it with which to apply to this situation. And I'm not interested in whatever rabid dog VN argument you're trying to pick, so I'm going to desist now.

Rabid dog VN argument? I was giving you more information for you to better formulate an opinion, whether you accept it or not it's on you. Like you stated you have no information, so I was giving you information, informed opinions are better than uniformed ones.
Still to turn around and insult people by calling them rabid dogs because they try to help you make better judgments, I honestly would think you were more civil than that.
Jun 6, 2015 5:28 PM

Oct 2014
SaintEmiya said:

Another thing that gets "fixed" by marathoning the series instead of going through it one-by-one weekly with a 3 months break.
Jun 6, 2015 5:30 PM

Apr 2015
KamiCity said:
RAWRfizzz said:

Rabid dog VN argument? I was giving you more information for you to better formulate an opinion, whether you accept it or not it's on you. Like you stated you have no information, so I was giving you information, informed opinions are better than uniformed ones.
Still to turn around and insult people by calling them rabid dogs because they try to help you make better judgments, I honestly would think you were more civil than that.

I guess he fed his civility
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
to the dogs.

Seriously tho at this rate i give this thread like an hour or two until its shut down, lets all just respectfully present our opinions like proper anime fa-wait anime fans dont do that do they?
Jun 6, 2015 5:33 PM

Nov 2013
SaintEmiya said:

Just like she does in episode 0 with the pendant?
Jun 6, 2015 5:35 PM

May 2015
Lollo36 said:
SaintEmiya said:

That's her believing she's saving an innocents life. In her mind she wasn't helping a fellow master. That's why it switched to her trying to kill him, thus her character arc.

Oh and what the guy below me said. I think both points are relevant :L
Jun 6, 2015 5:35 PM

Dec 2007
Lollo36 said:
SaintEmiya said:

Jun 6, 2015 5:36 PM

May 2012
Lollo36 said:
SaintEmiya said:

Wasn't that for other reasons, aka HF route?

Sep 2014
well gotta say i wasnt expecting giant mutant hulk jizz way to go UFO...way to go...

okay so uh...transferring a magic crest.....help me out here but shoudnt that leave Rin a vegetable? doesnt this create an in-universe inconsistency? if i'm not mistaken was Touko Aozaki

so no implied sex at all not even a kiss, imo they had a pretty good chance to do it in this ep it could have been done better than the VN.

this transfer sequence comes off pretty silly to me. this is a universe were anything organic can be refined for mana especially a human being. we have had previous example in this anime alone. Kara no Kyoukai even has gone so far as to say that the body is nothing more than a container. so blood, meat, and whatever other human body parts stuff can be used to provide mana, but why do people think that sex is soo far fetched? it is basically like pouring contents from one flask to another as far as this verse goes.

gotta say the high jump sequence was not bad to add in...it's fitting for rin X shirou.Though why add this scene but cut the scene in the prologue? the scene is pretty explanatory especially with what is said after which confirms it. if you can't figure it out from that your kind of stupid.

so...HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW JC STAFF CAN HANDLE WHAT UFO COULDNT.

Nov 2014
KamiCity said:
RAWRfizzz said:

I didn't ask for a barrage of "helpful information" to make "better judgments." I have no desire to go down that road in the Fate subforum, which is why I asked that the argument desist. Clearly we've now entered "gang up on the anime-only viewer" territory, so I'm just going to peace out instead. Have fun, kids.
Quality Queen.

Sep 2013
Ketuekigami said:
Lollo36 said:

She also did it for herself in the novel.
Jun 6, 2015 5:37 PM

Nov 2013
Ketuekigami said:
Lollo36 said:

That's an probably an excuse, what about the flasback we're shown in this episode?
Jun 6, 2015 5:37 PM

Jun 2013
No kiss scene, AND dolphins?

Jun 6, 2015 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
this is he third time that we end up with weird cg stuff, the dragon scene was far more entertaining though, the dolphins only made me smile a bit
Jun 6, 2015 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Still better than the dragon scene
Jun 6, 2015 5:44 PM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
SaintEmiya said:

Another thing that gets "fixed" by marathoning the series instead of going through it one-by-one weekly with a 3 months break.

Had Ufotable release the last 4 episodes of the series as a single, long movie instead, we'd probably have fewer complaints.

Just like episodes 7, 8, and 9 - they work really well as a whole if you put them together, but the last episode doesn't have as much momentum if you put it on hold far a whole week.

F/SN is like sex - you just don't quit halfway through it. And if you do, it'll still be good... but not nearly as good. lol
Jun 6, 2015 5:45 PM

Sep 2013
He has read the novel. His point still stands. Rin didn't save Shirou solely for one person she had in mind.

Edit: Great, my post doesn't make sense now, now that you have deleted yours.
Jun 6, 2015 5:47 PM

Nov 2014
Watched it and, I have to say, it's pretty much what I expected.........lol jk, I did NOT expect radioactive dolphins. Based ufotable. Really though, it was pretty boring, it was neither good or bad, but I did love Saber this ep
Jun 6, 2015 5:47 PM

Dec 2007
Lollo36 said:
Ketuekigami said:

That's an probably an excuse, what about the flasback we're shown in this episode?

EDIT, its heavily implied by what Rin says in ep 0/1. But as for the flashback, Rin has a kind of admiration for him, at least from ep 0 you know she hasn't loved him since then. The flashback was more to show something that she liked about him that recently became unfatuation as they grew closer.
Jun 6, 2015 5:48 PM

Nov 2013
Ketuekigami said:
Lollo36 said:

It's not an excuse. The routes are tied to each other, and this becomes clear in HF. But if you want me to spoil it

Pages (20) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1449 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Aug 2, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1401 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1575 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1317 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 2, 2015

1283 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 5:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.