Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 7, 2015 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that belies some expectations regarding the topics shown, but it is still usable as the narrative story, managing to build further links between Tanikaze and his harem heterogeneous. Nobody do it against Tanikaze, if all seize him. CG animations and improved compared to what we saw in the first promo stagione.Il in the final episode is always intriguing. This second season maybe you're focusing a lot on the relationship between the protagonist and the girls that populate Sidonia, but I do not mind the setting that is having the section on the SOL and the rest of the story. I find it very intriguing fiction and war very addictive.
Jun 7, 2015 11:56 PM

Jun 2014
[quote=ex_necross]
Hannah_Ana said:
How are you going to just move yourself into someone's place without asking?! Tanikaze needs to grow a HUGE pair or these desperate women are going to just run all over him. Yet another anime dynamic that I cram to understand... *sigh*

I'm sure Tanikaze will attempt to hang himself soon.

I agree with the stereotypical pussy Japanese MC point though. The lack of manly men in anime must be annoying for female viewers.

Its quite the opposite. These "pussy" male MC's as you so eloquently put it, are actually all the rage. Women dont want BURLY MANLY MEN with a heaping side of testosterone. These shy and sweet guys are what many women look out for. Did you not have ANY female friends in highschool?
Ive never heard a girl go "I want a BF like Vegeta or Goku" It's more like Tamaki from OHSHC or Levi from AoT. The quiet ones and the sweet ones.
Shit i learned that first hand. As the quiet, shy, nerd who had his own harem in high school. Just sayin.

ANYWAY. Very pretty episode, tsumugi seems to have a little trouble fitting in.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 8, 2015 1:15 AM

Aug 2012
i thought at first that the clip is biomega XD, i hvnt read blame, might as well read it also.
Jun 9, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
tmw Sidonia has better action and comedy than most series.

nagate having a bomb in his neck was hilarious.

as always, yuhata best gril.
NakatoshiJun 9, 2015 11:13 AM
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jun 11, 2015 3:04 PM

Oct 2012
So this series turned into Sidonia no Rabukome overnight. Well, yes, it's very unusual but I can't say I don't like it.
I sense this is crucial character building for something horrible to happen after that. Something horrible related to Izana I guess (remember, we got something similiar with Hoshijiro in the first season).

Izana's personality sure changed a lot though. What a tsundere!

Edit: I forgot to say that animation really got better a lot! Those SoL scenes with many face expressions are very hard to do in 3D and I'm glad they finally made it right.
Jun 14, 2015 6:49 AM

Dec 2010
I will kill the author if Nagate ends up with Izana, for real.

I died.

That shameless Blame! promo though, lol. I hope this means the anime is greenlit, haha.
Jun 15, 2015 12:54 AM

Jun 2013
Rebelhero said:

Its quite the opposite. These "pussy" male MC's as you so eloquently put it, are actually all the rage. Women dont want BURLY MANLY MEN with a heaping side of testosterone. These shy and sweet guys are what many women look out for. Did you not have ANY female friends in highschool?
Ive never heard a girl go "I want a BF like Vegeta or Goku" It's more like Tamaki from OHSHC or Levi from AoT. The quiet ones and the sweet ones.
Shit i learned that first hand. As the quiet, shy, nerd who had his own harem in high school. Just sayin.

Nah, that's definitely not true. I don't know if you've been following Japanese pop culture, but women over there are actually getting pretty tired of the timid Japanese man. I lived in Japan for a few months, and I can tell you that they are quick to latch on to men that don't act like theirs.

If you were a quiet, shy nerd and you had your own harem as you claim, which I do not believe for a second, then you went to the weirdest school on the planet. That's not normal.
ex_necrossJun 15, 2015 1:00 AM
Jun 26, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
Killy you looks so cool here *.* oh wait, wrong anime....

Great strategy Grandmother Shinatose. But IMO you look hotter than Izana xD
I can't help but wonder about Nagate's obliviousness.....
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jul 6, 2015 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
The cherry blossoms looked great! Really enjoying the animation. Liked the relationship building, and overall another light hearted episode. The outfit mishap was pretty funny too
Jul 24, 2015 12:55 PM

May 2012
What a cute ending, I wonder what will happen next :3
Jul 30, 2015 5:15 PM

Dec 2013
that Blame! teaser made my dick rock hard in seconds.
Sep 3, 2015 2:15 PM

Jan 2011
How come Yuhata has so much time to hang around Tanikaze and Izana? I was half expecting her to follow them. Which would be hilarious, with Tsumugi - who obviously would also follow - being stretched through half the residential area and people wondering what that long, relatively soft tube blocking their way is.
Sep 30, 2015 10:50 AM

Oct 2009
I love SOL Sidonia but this is getting a bit tedious now..
Oct 13, 2015 3:47 AM

Aug 2009
Where are my awesome space battles with amazing sound effects? I'm getting tired of this harem shit.
Nov 16, 2015 4:51 PM

Sep 2014
I like the romance, but I don't want the Izana route!!!
Jan 12, 2016 4:37 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, didn't expect to see Killy in a cameo :o
Was pretty awesome. I would kill to get a proper animated (in this CGI style I think it'd be pretty good) BLAME! series...

Anyway, Nagate x Izuna = win ♥

Too bad Nagate is running the 'blind MC who every female in the show wants to have intercourse with" path... Or so it seems?

Time to marathon the rest of this series and then resume the rest of the story in the manga!

May 7, 2016 5:25 AM

Jul 2013
It's going to the harem route. It's fun to watch yeah but I want to go back to the serious. Anyway I don't know what the hell these people are talking about.. Blame? huh?
May 7, 2016 5:44 AM

Dec 2012
PrimeX said:
It's going to the harem route. It's fun to watch yeah but I want to go back to the serious. Anyway I don't know what the hell these people are talking about.. Blame? huh?

It's from another of Nihei's manga series, called "Blame! The Ancient Terminal City".

"Blame!" in the title stands for the Japanese SFX "the sound of an explosion" or "kaboom" in English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame!
May 15, 2016 12:24 PM

Jan 2013
Aozure said:
I love SOL Sidonia but this is getting a bit tedious now..

Agreed, would love a bit more Gauna action, there's still a lot of stuff to cover I presume.
Focusing on love (Izana mostly) for 4 episodes straight now, I want some more pressing matters regarding the beam, the people after reaching the new planet or the BIG ass Gauna cluster.
May 26, 2016 12:01 AM

Dec 2012
Damn. Yure's outfits from back in the day are crazy.

Yuhata's reaction when she saw Nagate with a "bitch." lmao

PLEASE, KAMI! PLEASE! Anyone but Izana.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 22, 2017 6:15 PM
May 2012
its turning into fucking retarded harem anime, what happened to serious tone, grim and intense atmosphere.. one more episode of this crap and im dropping it...
Nov 12, 2018 3:02 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
More SoL... and again I dont have a problem with it, since ep4 most of the episodes have contained alot of it, and I have been enjoying it since I have come to enjoy the cast more with the development of all those more tense and climatic episodes.

I kinda want to know more on that happened on that planet to the colonists of last episodes, so yeah the Gauna appeared but how, where they there from the start? Is everyone world filled with them?
Nov 5, 2021 3:07 PM

Nov 2016
"My grandma forced me to wear this"

If we didnt know better it would sound like the most stupid excuse ever xD

Also, am I still watching the same series It's more like a rom-com than anything else now(not a bad thing)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2022 6:03 PM

Dec 2018
i'd prefer actual character development that romcom nichijou shit. it doesn't always have to be action but more lore and maybe some interesting developments and it'd be good again.
Oct 11, 2022 2:27 PM
Jan 2017
Izana gets a chance to get close to Nagate. You go, girl!

Yes, she is a girl now.
Nov 1, 2023 11:45 AM

Dec 2022
Sidonia has its own version of The Wonders of the World. Seeing how dangerous navigating the ship is, I doubt half of them are ever visited.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

163 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

104 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

63 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.