Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2015 9:32 PM

Jul 2013
I'll just go straight to the point. Do you like it when lolis become the romantic interests of anyone in a certain anime? Like in Black Bullet, although Rentarou supposedly likes the yandere girl but I'm pretty sure when the LNs end he will end up with the loli since she's the main female lead. I know that everyone of us has different tastes and some people like lolis. I just want to discuss if you feel rather disturbed watching a child-like person flirting.

Personally, I'm no fan of lolis but I don't mind them. Although there are some that I really hate like Index. I just feel indifferent when I see lolis becoming lovey-dovey with a boy because no matter what age she is I still see her as a child. Probably the main reason I rated Toradora an 8 instead of a 9 because I feel awkward watching both Taiga and Ryuuji. So, opinions?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 13, 2015 9:38 PM

Jul 2011
It all depends on the personality. I find the tsundere lolis to be some of the most obnoxious characters, but I don't have anything against the other type of lolis and watching romances with them doesn't bother me
May 13, 2015 9:39 PM

Apr 2015
Isn't that like a fucking spoiler?
TheRefractingOne said:
No, liking MAL-approved shounen does not make you any less of a shounentard.
May 13, 2015 9:39 PM

Feb 2013
Just because they don't have breasts doesn't mean that they don't deserve love.
May 13, 2015 9:40 PM

Jul 2012
I am not romantically attracted to little boys or little girls.

I don't like it when normal looking people have midget (or underaged) bf/gfs.
May 13, 2015 9:42 PM

Aug 2009
Ugh. You have a problem with short petite woman, am I right?
(I'm not short or petite, but I will argue for them!)
WHAT'S SO WRONG WITH THEM?! They deserve someone to fall in love with too. The ones you mentioned are technically not lolis. Since they aren't necessarily children, they're teenagers.

Sep 2014
Loli aren't children

Oct 2011
I never had a problem with Hagu as a love interest in Honey and Clover, though some people do.

Jan 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
Like in Black Bullet, although Rentarou supposedly likes the yandere girl but I'm pretty sure when the LNs end he will end up with the loli since she's the main female lead.
Wrong.
May 13, 2015 9:43 PM

Jul 2012
BlueKite said:
I never had a problem with Hagu as a love interest in Honey and Clover, though some people do.

I have a problem with her ending up
May 13, 2015 9:44 PM

Mar 2015
if loli in term of body, i am okay. but if loli in term of age, NOPE! BIG NOPE!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 13, 2015 9:51 PM

Oct 2011
mayukachan said:
BlueKite said:

May 13, 2015 9:52 PM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:

That's kind of cold. Midgets deserve love too. Unless you meant in anime, lol.
May 13, 2015 9:54 PM
May 2015
They still female , They deserve to be love . Boob have nothing to do with this
May 13, 2015 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
Bratty said:
Isn't that like a fucking spoiler?
What spoiler?

eturnity said:
Just because they don't have breasts doesn't mean that they don't deserve love.
Not saying the don't deserve love. It just gives me the creeps.

Imaishi said:
Loli aren't children
That's why I said child-like when describing them.
May 13, 2015 9:58 PM

Aug 2009
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
mayukachan said:

Your avie is a midget. LOL. So how could you not even love a child like girl in anime?
May 13, 2015 9:58 PM
May 2015
I think this thread might be able to attract lolicon by the way .
May 13, 2015 9:59 PM

Feb 2013
I have a bigger problem with mentally stunted characters being a romantic option than physically stunted.
May 13, 2015 9:59 PM

Aug 2009
BlueKite said:
mayukachan said:

That was such a weird turn of events and kind of disturbing too.
May 13, 2015 10:00 PM

Jun 2014
dakotasapphire said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Your avie is a midget. LOL. So how could you not even love a child like girl in anime?

My love for Shinobu is pure.

Though, I'm fine with loli finding love in anime.
May 13, 2015 10:12 PM

Jul 2013
RealLies said:
I think this thread might be able to attract lolicon by the way .
I hope I don't get burned by massive walls of texts with a lot of sophisticated words that I have to search through Merriam.

eturnity said:
I have a bigger problem with mentally stunted characters being a romantic option than physically stunted.
Main reason I also hate yanderes as romantic interests
May 13, 2015 10:26 PM

Aug 2009
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
dakotasapphire said:

My love for Shinobu is pure.

Though, I'm fine with loli finding love in anime.

Well good. :]
May 13, 2015 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
DoctorCaim said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
Like in Black Bullet, although Rentarou supposedly likes the yandere girl but I'm pretty sure when the LNs end he will end up with the loli since she's the main female lead.
Wrong.
Damn I stand corrected. But are they canon or something? Like they confess or something along those lines. Because I really have these creepy feeling that he'll end up with the loli.
May 13, 2015 10:49 PM

Feb 2010
Lol @ the thought of Taiga being a loli. She is most definitely not. She's just small and flat-chested, but she's the same age as the male MC. Lolis can't be older than 12 or so unless they're supernatural beings with weird ages. When liking them doesn't make you a pedophile, it's not a loli.
Lolis are rarely the love interest in anime, at least in the ones I watch, but I've read tons of doujins about relationships with lolis and I usually like them more than the rapey ones. At least more often than otherwise.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 13, 2015 10:50 PM

Aug 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Lol @ the thought of Taiga being a loli. She is most definitely not. She's just small and flat-chested, but she's the same age as the male MC. Lolis can't be older than 12 or so unless they're supernatural beings with weird ages. When liking them doesn't make you a pedophile, it's not a loli.
Lolis are rarely the love interest in anime, at least in the ones I watch, but I've read tons of doujins about relationships with lolis and I usually like them more than the rapey ones. At least more often than otherwise.

Loli is not about age. Its about physical appearance.
May 13, 2015 10:51 PM

Feb 2010
ooo333 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Loli is not about age. Its about physical appearance.

no
pettanko is not the same as loli.
May 13, 2015 10:54 PM

Jun 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Somebody was trying to tell me Nico Yazawa was a loli. Same with Airi from Oni ChiChi.
May 13, 2015 10:56 PM
Apr 2015
I am indifferent about it, though if you force me to pick between ''like it'' or ''hate it''. I'd lean on to ''hate it''.

Guy with normal proportions dating a female 100% resembling a 12 year old. This trend is becoming rampant and I hope it declines soon.

May 13, 2015 11:00 PM

Aug 2014
Yhneiil said:
I am indifferent about it, though if you force me to pick between ''like it'' or ''hate it''. I'd lean on to ''hate it''.

Guy with normal proportions dating a female 100% resembling a 12 year old. This trend is becoming rampant and I hope it declines soon.

So what are those females that look underdeveloped supposed to do? Turn into nuns?
May 13, 2015 11:01 PM
Apr 2015
ooo333 said:
Yhneiil said:

So what are those females that look underdeveloped supposed to do? Turn into nuns?

lol they are drawings.

May 13, 2015 11:02 PM

Aug 2014
Yhneiil said:
ooo333 said:

lol they are drawings.

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about the real life ones. My mistake
May 13, 2015 11:03 PM

Feb 2010
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Somebody was trying to tell me Nico Yazawa was a loli. Same with Airi from Oni ChiChi.

I don't think they ever mention Airi's age, but she might qualify as an oppai loli, idk.
May 13, 2015 11:06 PM

Aug 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

I don't think they ever mention Airi's age, but she might qualify as an oppai loli, idk.

She is not a loli in Oni. She just has twintails, which makes her look like one.
May 13, 2015 11:14 PM

Jun 2014
How do we define a loli. Age or appearance?
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 13, 2015 11:14 PM

Aug 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Appearance.
May 13, 2015 11:15 PM

Jul 2012
ooo333 said:
Yhneiil said:

lol they are drawings.

Those are people with physical disorders that make them look younger than they are.
May 13, 2015 11:20 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
ooo333 said:

Those are people with physical disorders that make them look younger than they are.

Many females in developed countries are short because the food has many hormones. Once a female gets her period, then they wont grow anymore in terms of height (dont know about the other parts). And because of those hormones in food, they get their period much quicker than expected.
May 13, 2015 11:22 PM

Jul 2012
ooo333 said:
mayukachan said:

Many females in developed countries are short because the food has many hormones. Once a female gets her period, then they wont grow anymore in terms of height (dont know about the other parts). And because of those hormones in food, they get their period much quicker than expected.

They're short but they still look like their age. I'm talking about short people who actually look like children.
May 13, 2015 11:29 PM

Jan 2013
ooo333 said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Appearance.
Defining loli is such a fucking gray area.

In anime, it's practically appearance since people like to avoid the "child molestation" issue by making their characters 400-500 years old like this. This is considered a loli despite being 500 years old so it can't be age.

Yet the term originates from a novel about a man obsessed with underaged girls.

It's a conundrum I tell you.
PeenusWeenusCaimMay 13, 2015 11:43 PM
May 13, 2015 11:46 PM

Feb 2010
ooo333 said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Appearance.

still wrong. Check wiki or urbandictionary or any other source. When the term is mentioned in anime it's almost always about grade schoolers/attraction to grade schoolers. There's a reason why the term oppai loli exists. It wouldn't make sense if lolis were just flat-chested to label something 'flat-chested with big boobs' (oppai loli).

Granted, the term loli(con) is not as strictly defined as pedophilia but just looking at how the term originated (the Lolita novel) and is used in anime/doujins/hentai I don't see how it is NOT age-related in almost any context. As I said, there are exceptions when there are supernatural beings with an arbitrary age attached that look, talk and behave like children, but being 16 and in highschool and having a flat chest does not make a loli.
May 14, 2015 12:14 AM

Nov 2014
Well I'm not a fan of loli.. But i don't really mind since most loli is actually far older than her appearance.. Hell we have this kind of loli : Komoe Tsukuyomi She's the oldest female character in Index btw.. stated by the author himself :P
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

May 14, 2015 12:25 AM

Jul 2013
Izanagi777 said:
Well I'm not a fan of loli.. But i don't really mind since most loli is actually far older than her appearance.. Hell we have this kind of loli : Komoe Tsukuyomi She's the oldest female character in Index btw.. stated by the author himself :P
Sometimes the creators justify that the loli is older than what everyone thinks so that the readers won't think that they're watching a child getting molested. But there are some exceptions like Komoe-sensei since she was a lab rat for genetic alterations which is natural in the Raildex universe.
May 14, 2015 12:41 AM

Oct 2013
First of all, Black Bullet is shit, so I couldn't care less if he gets with the partner loli. Second, in most cases that aren't Black Bullet, appearance is ok, but a young loli like Shiro from no game no life for example is weird. Like, they really shouldn't be showing panty shots of an 11 year old if you ask me.
May 14, 2015 12:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yes please. Seriously it's waaaayyy too rare to find romance anime with lolis as the female leads. Really wish there were more of them

And to those of you saying age is all that matters for lolis, you're being stupid. The 1000+ year old eternal little girls in anime are not milfs exactly...
May 14, 2015 12:50 AM

Jul 2013
furdlemygurdle said:
First of all, Black Bullet is shit, so I couldn't care less if he gets with the partner loli. Second, in most cases that aren't Black Bullet, appearance is ok, but a young loli like Shiro from no game no life for example is weird. Like, they really shouldn't be showing panty shots of an 11 year old if you ask me.
Black Bullet isn't the main topic of this thread. It was only used as an example because that show is swarming with lolis and one of them is in love with the MC.

I've avoided NGNL for so long because I thought it was incest. By the way, is it really incest?

HaXXspetten said:
Yes please. Seriously it's waaaayyy too rare to find romance anime with lolis as the female leads. Really wish there were more of them

And to those of you saying age is all that matters for lolis, you're being stupid. The 1000+ year old eternal little girls in anime are not milfs exactly...
There's Hestia.
May 14, 2015 1:25 AM
Jun 2013
I fucking love lolis, my favorite type of heroine.

Best loli of all time
May 14, 2015 1:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
furdlemygurdle said:
Black Bullet isn't the main topic of this thread. It was only used as an example because that show is swarming with lolis and one of them is in love with the MC.

I've avoided NGNL for so long because I thought it was incest. By the way, is it really incest?

HaXXspetten said:

There's Hestia.
Uhh they kiss once in order to win a game... other than that no not really. NGNL isn't a romance series to begin with, their relationship is just like a close pair of siblings, nothing more

Also Hestia isn't really a loli. Just that the other goddesses in the show itself refer to her as one so idk, but in my eyes she really doesn't look like one
baisehunli said:
I fucking love lolis, my favorite type of heroine.

Best loli of all time
Too bad Natsuha isn't just your average loli
May 14, 2015 1:32 AM

Nov 2014
mayukachan said:
BlueKite said:

well thanks

May 14, 2015 1:34 AM

Nov 2014
DoctorCaim said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
Wrong.

Is this from novel?
ExTemplarMay 14, 2015 1:38 AM

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you think male ecchi for men could work as a concept?

Anjuro - Yesterday

32 by Nurguburu »»
7 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9398 by Aan120898 »»
8 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 9 hours ago

21 by Spunkert »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » gay or gar anime

deg - Yesterday

10 by alshu »»
34 minutes ago

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 )

Deathlydash - Yesterday

70 by Goschi22 »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.