Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 23, 2015 10:47 PM

Mar 2013
Sarada is the only character I like so far.
Apr 23, 2015 10:53 PM

Aug 2014
Burii said:
after losing his family, you'd think sasuke would want to always be there for his daughter.

I don't really get why people are pointing this out and making sasuke the bad guy. (Not here, but on tumblr)

I mean, he left for atonement. He can't just come back after everything he did and tried to do right? Isn't having a family already a lot to ask for? If he did go back, wouldn't it be imprisonment for life, and so it was decided that he'd leave instead? You'd think that Sasuke'd break the rules because he'd love his family so much and given his past, he wouldn't want to make them feel the same? But they're a generation that's lived before, during and after the greatest war in shinobi history, and breaking the rules, and not following the law made it clear that those actions are detrimental. And so keeping things at peace would be best, especially since they're adults now, they can make decisions like this, not rational ones.

Apr 23, 2015 11:42 PM

Sep 2011
I wonder what would it be like having an emotionally unstable Uchiha girlfriend on her period...

Poor Bolt. ( •_•)
Apr 23, 2015 11:47 PM

Sep 2014
Wtf is going on! Thats all im wondering. I will be disappointed if Sakura is not the mother. But the truth is that Sasuke is not a good father. I feel bad for Sakura, raising a child on her own (and now one who might not even be hers!?) Sasuke has a lot of explaining to do! I just hope this is all a misunderstanding somehow.
Apr 24, 2015 1:21 AM

Mar 2014
Those last pages though.. I hope it doesn't turn out as a mexican soap opera

Okay start, I hope the new generation has different personalities than the previous one in order to avoid having something like a copy of Naruto. I think the art could improve a bit in some parts, but it certainly wasn't bad.
Apr 24, 2015 1:26 AM

May 2009
You guys know this piece? Masashi Kishimoto's "Naruto". (hums melody) It's a big hit in the Anime world. The reason I know this is because, well... I was a geek and... Well, I know what you're thinking-- "Laurie, you can't be a geek. You play guitar, you're so cool." Okay, you weren't thinking that, but I was. Well, I didn't always play guitar; I used to be a cosplayer. You can't be cool walking to school cosplaying. "Hey, fuck off! Actual people don't have periwinkle hair!" But I did cosplay all through high school and grade school, you know why? 'Cause I love the thrill. I loved every ensemble that we played -- except this one. I hated "Naruto" with a passion. You wanna know why? Because I always played Sakura, and I only got to say three lines. Sakura's part in "Naruto" is the most awful part ever written in the history of parts; it’s three lines repeated and they are as follows:

"That's it I'm going to grow a pair and kick some ass!"
"Welp no I'm not."
"Sasuke-kuuuuuunnnnn!!"

And that's all I got to say.

I repeated those lines 54 times. I counted. Because I had nothing else to do. I had to sit back and listen to the main characters got some nice lines, reincarnated zombies from the past get some nice lines, third-tier supporting characters get some nice lines which should just not happen. And Sakura, she gets three crappy lousy stinking lines, and I started to wonder, why? Why would Kishimoto do this to us? And I have a theory, I think Kishi must have dated a girl like Sakura. And she dissed him really bad. And so he spent the rest of his life trying to come up with the worst plot for Sakura that he could think of.

From here:
Apr 24, 2015 1:29 AM

Feb 2012
I wasn't planning to read this but in the end i couldn't help myself.. Naruto is an huge part of my childhood that i'm not ready to let go so we'll see. I'll be reading this for now.. Tbh I'd be sad if Sakura's not her mother. And I agree with that person who said that was expecting Sasuke to be a better father since all he's been trough because of his family but we don't really know what he's been doing so i'm just gonna wait

because the weather was good enough
i loved every moment of it.
Apr 24, 2015 2:25 AM
Jul 2013
First of all, Sarada is already my favourite. I like her attitude and she's asking all the right questions. She also seems so badass and a mixture of Sakura and Sasuke. Gotta love her!
Bolt is also playing with Naruto, oh wait, its a clone. I guess Naruto cares but even when Bolt already knew, something just told me he's got to be sad inside lol the clone was a troll.

As a SasuSaku fan I was so pissed off. but I've always said I wanted
Naruto: Shoujo Addition and damn Kishimoto is already bringing the soap opera 'who's the baby mama' and went deep with the feels this chapter. The drama was there and boy did I fall for it! TBH I was soo shocked in the last two pages when I saw Sarada was crying, the photo and Sakura looked all alone on that bed that I got a bit teary eyed.

Then I calmed down. Really think about it. I can't see Sasuke and Karin being together at all! Can you really?
Plus the whole thing with Sarada holding the picture, when you really think about it - after the whole conservation she had with Sakura just before it seems like a big obvious TROLL IMO. Sarada misunderstood the situation because of the glasses she saw on this women we call Karin.
I guess it doesn't help that Sakura used a picture of Team Taka and put her picture over Karin. Maybe Sakura and Sasuke just don't have pictures together - considering he hasn't seen them in years. It's sort of like Kishi is playing with the shipping fans and the whole 'glasses' thing.

I mean Kishi and his assistant did get a ton of questions asking if Sarada was Karin's daughter because she wore glasses, like really glasses are not hereditary and besides, the VAs and Kishimoto has confirmed Sarada to be their child many times so i'm not buying it. Kishimoto best be trollin hard, it seems so obvious.

Anyway Sasuke is back next chapter and surely we can get answers from him, if not, Naruto is bound to know something.

Overall I think it was a great start to the new series. I'm already hooked but I have to to wait two weeks because Golden Week is next week :(

Naruto Gaiden: The 7th Hokage and the Scarlet Spring
Chapter 701: Sarada Uchiha - 4.5/5 (because of that ending)
ADDThomApr 24, 2015 2:41 AM
Apr 24, 2015 4:09 AM
Mar 2011
The key here is the glasses, thats what sarada worried about.

I mean it looks like the same glasses as karins. question is why the hell shed give it to her? i mean have her eyes been cured? she doesnt need it anymore? or maybe because shes dead, thats why she no longer needs it.

But still whats the connection between them? and i notice that if sakura does actually feel any grateful to karin, i.e. like saving her daughters life, she wouldnt hide her photo behind her, dont u think?

And that photo of smiling karin does really feel like a memento, like shes actually gone, i mean if uve read many books or watched many movies, everyone whos in memoriam always has their smiling photo taken

and poor sarada she is like fatherless, and now she is homeless, and why isnt shizune giving her favour like by taking her in for a while? is she homeless too?

sasuke youre such a dick
ramikuApr 24, 2015 4:12 AM
Apr 24, 2015 4:11 AM
Oct 2013
StevenHu said:
Everyone's comments here are delicious. Kishimoto has given way for this new series to be entirely about shipping.

Just the fandom being retarded again.
People say they don´t want drama, but that´s exactly what they want.
They just want it to go their way.
Apr 24, 2015 4:13 AM
Mar 2015
trump54 said:

Same hair style and eyes as her grandmother she is sakura daughter

are hairstyles genetic?
Apr 24, 2015 4:18 AM
Oct 2013
trump54 said:
trump54 said:

are hairstyles genetic?

I´m gonna do some fucktard shipper answer.

NOOO SHE´S NOT CANON, SHE WAS ONLY IN ROAD TO NINJA. AND LOOK AT THE GLASSES THAT´S A SIGN FROM KISHI. Kishi always wanted Karin and Sasuke to be together. LOOK AT THEIR DEVELOPMENT!
Apr 24, 2015 5:10 AM
Sep 2014
Maybe Sasuke is on an important mission to find Orochimaru and company(or other think like that). Kishi is just trolling lol sasukexkarin sucks IMO
Apr 24, 2015 6:06 AM

Apr 2011
Too bad it's mini-series. So no Baruto long running manga series?
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Apr 24, 2015 6:52 AM
Oct 2013
Ganbat said:
Too bad it's mini-series. So no Baruto long running manga series?

Please just inform yourself, there are several sources answering this.

No, it´s gonna last just a few months, probably too August.
It´s meant as an epilogue adressing the things Kishi couldn´t write into Naruto because it would be anticlimactic.

I think it´s counterpart is Kakashi Gaiden~ A Boy's Life on the Battlefield ~ .
(6 chapters).

Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Month (10 chapter) to fill 1 Volume.
The tidle indicates that there will be blood or is missleading on purpose.
IsterioApr 24, 2015 6:58 AM
Apr 24, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2013
In chapter 352, we had this little moment:

So do think this is the "thing" Karin did to Sasuke?
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Apr 24, 2015 8:09 AM

Feb 2014
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That ending!!!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Apr 24, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2014
Just good to have Naruto back.
Apr 24, 2015 9:28 AM
Mar 2013
lmao sakura still losing!! xD xD

I like sarada so far she's chill.

Boruto is just naruto lmao
Apr 24, 2015 1:49 PM
Jun 2013
trump54 said:
souledge94 said:

In pre time skip he does show he cares about her and by the end of the series he admits he always saw his team as a family. So he at least show he cared about her. Karin was literally could of been a piece of paper to him. He didint like being around her or interacting with her or anything.

Not true at all between the fight with the eight tails and gogin to the kage convetion sasuke saw taka as his close friends. He cares about them all alot becasue they reminded him so much of the group he left. He defintly appreciates Karin healing him from near death like 4 or 5 times, Which more then sakura ever did for him since she still useless by the time he left.

Adults do not need to be in a relationship to have children

Are you watching filler? Iv never seen him give a crap about any of them or show any affection towards them.
Apr 24, 2015 1:50 PM

Oct 2011
trump54 said:
trump54 said:

are hairstyles genetic?

According to Kishimoto, yes.
Apr 24, 2015 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
Wth i knew something fishy was going on with Karin and Sasuke
I really don't want Sarada to be Karin's daughter -_-
Apr 24, 2015 1:52 PM

Mar 2014
lol it's so good to have Naruto back though
Apr 24, 2015 1:53 PM
Jun 2013
AcidOmelette said:
Prediction time!!!
-Sasuke gets back to konoha
-Hangs out with Naruto
-Family reunion
-Salada crying
-New family picture(w/o karin)
-Sasuke leaves again

I can see it going down exacly like this just add a

-sakura/sasuke explains everything

And you got it. I still find it funny people are falling for what is an obvious tool used for drama thats been done before.
Apr 24, 2015 2:17 PM
Oct 2013
souledge94 said:
AcidOmelette said:
Prediction time!!!
-Sasuke gets back to konoha
-Hangs out with Naruto
-Family reunion
-Salada crying
-New family picture(w/o karin)
-Sasuke leaves again

And you got it. I still find it funny people are falling for what is an obvious tool used for drama thats been done before.

That´s Kishimotos evil Masterpiece!
You thought Narusaku teasing was good writing now wait for this!
Kishi does it to put in tension and suspense, it´s a basic writing tool and preidictable as hell.

Only idiots with the level of stupidity of chatte georgiana actually cannot predict this outcome.

[b]Another question who genuinly thought Naruto or Sasuke may die by the end of the series?
Apr 24, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
Isterio said:
souledge94 said:

That´s Kishimotos evil Masterpiece!
You thought Narusaku teasing was good writing now wait for this!
Kishi does it to put in tension and suspense, it´s a basic writing tool and preidictable as hell.

Only idiots with the level of stupidity of chatte georgiana actually cannot predict this outcome.

Another question who genuinly thought Naruto or Sasuke may die by the end of the series?

Maybe everybody in the village is genjutsued that Karin is Sakura and Sakura actually died during the war
Apr 24, 2015 2:44 PM
Oct 2013
wzrd said:

Maybe everybody in the village is genjutsued that Karin is Sakura and Sakura actually died during the war

Only if Kubo was writing Naruto!
Apr 24, 2015 3:54 PM

Jun 2012
Didn't read all the posts but, the only reason Sakura would be raising Karin's child would be if the latter died at some point. But I really hope that Sakura wouldn't be SO pathetic to not tell her that she's adopted or that she's her step-mom instead.
Apr 24, 2015 7:00 PM

Nov 2012
This is so stupid. Sakura, the world's best medic nin, is in DEBT?! And living in the ghost-town Uchiha compound?! And paying loans for a house??? She's the Hokage's 2nd best friend! Why doesn't Naruto give a shit?
Why won't Sakura heal some sick, rich merchants with fatal diseases and get money?

(Also I don't get why people get butthurt over Sakura not being Sarada's BIOLOGICAL mother; that's an insult to all the adopted kids out there.)
Tch!
Apr 24, 2015 7:03 PM

Mar 2015
0w0 said:
This is so stupid. Sakura, the world's best medic nin, is in DEBT?!

Not like Sasuke has any money, and I'd imagine having to get your house rebuilt every other day would require a large sum of money. I don't think the Hokage is allowed to randomly hand out money to people, even if they're friends.
Apr 24, 2015 8:09 PM

Jul 2014
Lol, it's sad to see Sakura ending like this if she isn't really her mother...
ColdJesterApr 24, 2015 8:32 PM
Apr 25, 2015 2:18 AM

Mar 2015
It's really good to read naruto chapter again :) I wonder how many months will this serialization lasts?

Have you realized that the clothe Salad wore is same as Sakura?

Naruto using clone for the training of her son is quite good. I miss Hinata though.

That picture frame revealed that the Sasuke waifu is Karin....So SasuSaku never happened. Sasuke got no feeling towards Sakura at all despite of long relationship than Karin. That last page, Sasuke is really cool.
Apr 25, 2015 4:39 AM

Dec 2013
BlackHawk0 said:

She is the mother lol

Kishi be trolling
Apr 25, 2015 4:46 AM
Oct 2013
G_Spark233 said:
BlackHawk0 said:

She is the mother lol

Kishi be trolling

But Karin and Sasuke had so much development he never showed any affection for Sakura.
Also Karin is an Uzumaki she would kick Sakuras bitch ass. Sasuke want´s power, he wants strong woman not some stupid useless bitch.

Sorry, sorry this just never get´s boring.
Apr 25, 2015 4:47 AM

Aug 2014
i'mf focus to new Chara Sadara-chan ...... but ! who is real mom's sadara-chan ?
Apr 25, 2015 4:48 AM

Dec 2013
Isterio said:
G_Spark233 said:

She is the mother lol

Kishi be trolling

But Karin and Sasuke had so much development he never showed any affection for Sakura.
Also Karin is an Uzumaki she would kick Sakuras bitch ass. Sasuke want´s power, he wants strong woman not some stupid useless bitch.

Sorry, sorry this just never get´s boring.

Hahaha don't worry ;)

Kishi is definitely trolling. I'm 99% certain.

DeathGun1 said:
i'mf focus to new Chara Sadara-chan ...... but ! who is real mom's sadara-chan ?

It's Sakura lol
Apr 25, 2015 7:10 AM

Mar 2012
I can see this being adapted into anime already XD
Apr 25, 2015 7:20 AM

Jun 2014
Dragon88 said:
damastah said:
Karin...

Damn! This spin-off's really good! And glad to see Boruto having fun with his dad even if it's with a clone, the thought counts! Also Boruto and Sarada on good terms. ^_^

Yeah I am loving the spin off too. This is very cool. Glad to see Naruto characters again. To me that is the main strength of Naruto series, which is the great variety of characters which are fun to see. I am loving this and it would be awesome to see more family and relationship issues in this part instead of any serious things. I mean come on Naruto basically took care of all the serious enemy part and everything is far more peaceful. So it would be great to see daily routine stuff which to me the first part of Naruto lacked.

Plus I love that Naruto is god-tier in this setting.
Apr 25, 2015 9:16 AM
Jul 2013
Omg!!! I love it! I wonder if Sarada is Karin's daughter or not... i probably don't think she is but Karin and Sarada have almost the same hair style and wear red glasses...

But i believe she is Sakura and Sasuke's daugther not Karin and Sasuke... hope not since sometimes some of the author do that...
Apr 25, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
Every1XplodeNOW said:
Who is the light blue hair kid? I don't remember him from the last Naruto chapter...

Could be the answer here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-25/new-character-mitsuki-revealed-for-boruto-naruto-the-movie/.87524
Apr 25, 2015 10:14 AM

Dec 2008
this is so bad...
Apr 25, 2015 10:17 AM
Oct 2013
Blaine said:
Every1XplodeNOW said:
Who is the light blue hair kid? I don't remember him from the last Naruto chapter...

Could be the answer here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-25/new-character-mitsuki-revealed-for-boruto-naruto-the-movie/.87524

Calling that right now, he´s orochimaru in disguise!
Apr 25, 2015 10:19 AM

Jun 2014
This was really good! I hope this becomes like Naruto for the next generation, but that probably wont happen. Only thing is that I wish they gave it a better name. =)
Apr 25, 2015 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
Quick question was Sakura and Sasuke even in a relationship? because with chapters 699 the two get along however nothing was implied that they could have formed a relationship. Lastly I was wondering did Kishimoto ever confirm anything about them forming a relationship? If he didn't then I would assume that if Sarada or Salada whatever you want to call her, Is not Sakura's child then we can assume that Sakura is taking care of Sasuke's and Karins child. Like someone said earlier perhaps something bad happened to Karin however we will have to wait and see. It would indeed be interesting if this is confirmed in the next chapter.
Apr 25, 2015 2:33 PM

Nov 2014
pretty evident that we are to think she could be karins kid which i always wanted, would be one powerful kid to be the first with both bloodlines, also the whole part where she asks if her dad has glasses (to seek out why she needs glasses since sakura doesnt wear them) we know sasuke doesnt but we quickly see the resemblance between karin and sarada and it looks like they are wearing the same pair of glasses tbh. So while she wonders why she needs glasses we see a possible reason if karin is her momma.
Apr 26, 2015 6:27 AM
Aug 2013
lul
Apr 26, 2015 6:51 AM
Apr 2015
Just love the fact that the characters are back. Reading it again reminded me how much I miss those characters. Its not so much the story that I am looking forward to, its more about how the characters are doing and daily interactions. In Naruto they basically saved the World, there is not really big bad guys or problems left. So this should be more about daily life and so on.
Apr 26, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 2014
So, I guess we're now following the adventures of Salad-chan and her friend Burrito-kun.

I'm not exactly convinced yet, but let's see how it all turns out before judging too early.

PS: Am I the only one who still can't process the thought of Sasuke and Sakura ending up together?
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 26, 2015 7:43 AM
Oct 2013
GangstaPriest said:
So, I guess we're now following the adventures of Salad-chan and her friend Burrito-kun.

I'm not exactly convinced yet, but let's see how it all turns out before judging too early.

PS: Am I the only one who still can't process the thought of Sasuke and Sakura ending up together?
The romance in the original Naruto isn´t very well written.There simply isn´t enough elaboration. From the big battle shounens perspective though (having sold more then 20m volumes), it´s the best. Yes there are "shounen" out there who have have better lovestorys.On the other hand I found the lovestorys of Inuyasha,Shaman King, Dragon Ball,Bleach,Toriko, Fairy Tail, Ranma 1/2, One Piece (Yes I count Sanji),Attack on titan to be worse.

The One "battle shounen" that comes to my mind that actually has a better lovestory is Rave Master.

Regarding Sakura and Sasuke i´d say it´s something Kishi decided on a whim. Probably he intended Sasuke to be a loner but that would have been "mean" towards the character of Sakura. You must think of it, for a writer those characters are like their children. On the other hand Sasukes goal of restoring his clans pride and power took a backseat for him so that he could become the ultimate "immortal" dictator.Which is why Kishi brought Sasuke back to his original goal, while at the same time make him a wandering hermit to atone, similar to Simon in Gurren Lagann.
Shortly it was a comprimise between wanting to give the suffering heroine a happy end and make the antihero take responsibility for his actions. That´s why their development wasn´t shown. We may see it in a short flashback, but don´t expect a heartwarming lovestory.

I´ve read Shikamarus and Temaris lovestory and it´s extremely modestly written. It´s basicly two people forging a bond through working with each other, that makes them respect and admire each others qualities, warriors who fought together and become lovers.We don´t get to read about a Kiss or anything he just invites her on a date to eat lunch together. That´s it, no juicy tongue action, no neck biting just a modest lunch invitation.
IsterioApr 26, 2015 12:08 PM
Apr 26, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2014
Isterio said:
GangstaPriest said:

The romance in the original Naruto isn´t very well written.There simply isn´t enough elaboration. From the big battle shounens perspective though (having sold more then 20m volumes), it´s the best. Yes there are "shounen" out there who have have better lovestorys.On the other hand I found the lovestorys of Inuyasha,Shaman King, Dragon Ball,Bleach,Toriko, Fairy Tail, Ranma 1/2, One Piece (Yes I count Sanji),Attack on titan to be worse.

I don't know man, if we're talking about SnK, I think the story between
felt pretty genuine and heart-warming. Now if it's about Eren and Mikasa, I'm a few chapters behind but afaik there isn't and never was anything confirmed for the two of 'em.

Anyways, back on topic: I agree with you about the romance being very weak in battle shounen in general, and I don't hold it against the authors: they don't spend much time on it so I shouldn't expect too much of them in that department. But what bugged me with SasuSaku is that the pairing simply doesn't feel genuine at all, especially considering how badly Sasuke's been treating Sakura throughout the manga. Regardless of Sakura's ridiculous obsession with him, seeing them end up together leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it felt unnatural.

And yeah, Shikamaru x Temari would be the perfect counter-example: the bond they formed leaves the door open for many possibilities, without resorting to heavy-handed and clichéd stuff usually found in teenage romance stories.
SapewlothApr 26, 2015 4:03 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2015

201 by tcandy19 »»
Jan 10, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Road to "B" Chapter 1 Discussion

AllenVonStein - Aug 30, 2015

4 by Fallazar »»
Aug 20, 2021 5:01 PM

» It's really sad that most people hate Sakura...

Kleferi - Jul 6, 2015

35 by AbiSa »»
Mar 29, 2021 11:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2015

119 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 3, 2019 11:21 PM

» Will boruto have the byakugan?

deadworm - May 21, 2015

26 by Terguta »»
Dec 7, 2017 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.