Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2015 9:22 PM

Jul 2007
That scene while still more fitting than fucking pointless overdone cringy "melting children batteries" part, was still forced as all hell
I just see it as Miura screaming at the tv screen "look at how mature we are !" .

Both scenes felt overdone to an extent as something that was born out of "How can we pay fanservice to all the MATURE Zero secondaries"
Apr 11, 2015 9:25 PM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
That scene while still more fitting than fucking pointless overdone cringy "melting children batteries" part, was still forced as all hell
I just see it as Miura screaming at the tv screen "look at how mature we are !" .

Both scenes felt overdone to an extent as something that was born out of "How can we pay fanservice to all the MATURE Zero secondaries"

That particular scene, yeah. It was cringe-worthy. It kind of alluded to
, but straight-out using that to show how evil the guy is is meh at best. And he's using too much tech for a magus. Other than that, I did like how Caster finished him off, he deserved that kind of end :/
Apr 11, 2015 9:29 PM

Sep 2011
Loli lover are going to have a heart attack next week!
AndroidJacketApr 11, 2015 11:24 PM
Apr 11, 2015 9:29 PM

Jul 2007
OneTrueEmiya said:
CookingPriest said:

, but straight-out using that to show how evil the guy is is meh at best. And he's using too much tech for a magus. Other than that, I did like how Caster finished him off, he deserved that kind of end :/

It did not even feel like "showing how evil he is". Him punching Caster around already acomplished that.

That was pretty much a cheap "LOOK WE HAVE LOTS OF GORE!" moment. Just like most of filler content this episode I find hard to justify its existence.
Apr 11, 2015 9:31 PM

Sep 2014
Ragna92 said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Y-y-you monster, think of poor Sella ;___;
What I mean is wouldn't expect a scene like that in Fate. Felt like Game of thrones or something for a second. I also found it weird to see Gil behead someone. It just felt pretty random in general.
fate can get pretty gruesome dude and no i'm not talking about zero. the writer is just one to put you into a comfort zone first then yank the rug from underneath you
Apr 11, 2015 9:32 PM

Jul 2014
THE GOOD

-Rin. Any and all Rin scenes this episode were spot on.
-Blond Servant being utterly fabulous while being utterly badass.
-It physically hurt to watch Leys and Sella be skewered like that. I am satisfied.
Basically everything at the very end.

THE NOT SO GOOD

-Yet another rushed, disjointed episode. I really don't know why this is happening anymore. They're obviously trying to make room for something -coughShiroucough- in the later episodes. All I can do is hope that it's worth it.
-Pacing. Pacing, pacing, pacing. Serous scenes lose their impact upon being paired with comedy. They should know that. Why, then?

THE MIXED BAG

-New content is always welcome but I feel like they animated the wrong part of Caster's backstory. Her human life would have been a lot more helpful in making viewers understand her POV. I really don't see a F/HA adaptation on the horizon so I don't know why they wouldn't borrow stuff from there. As big an asshole as her Master was, he is pretty unnecessary to her characterization at the end of the day.

Overall 3/5.
Apr 11, 2015 9:32 PM

Dec 2007
Can we rename this thread "CookingPriest Doesn't Like the FSN UBW Anime" yet?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 9:33 PM

Sep 2014
Ketuekigami said:
Can we rename this thread "CookingPriest Doesn't Like the FSN UBW Anime" yet?
i do believe that is called the VN vs anime thread...
Apr 11, 2015 9:34 PM

May 2012
sigh, yet another cliffhanger, lol, but another great episode
Apr 11, 2015 9:34 PM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

It did not even feel like "showing how evil he is". Him punching Caster around already acomplished that.

That was pretty much a cheap "LOOK WE HAVE LOTS OF GORE!" moment. Just like most of filler content this episode I find hard to justify its existence.

Well, we did get Caster's meeting with Kuzuki, as well as a reference to Lancer's previous Master. But I'd agree that they didn't use this chance to expand on Caster's Master very well.

Maloghurst said:
Ragna92 said:
What I mean is wouldn't expect a scene like that in Fate. Felt like Game of thrones or something for a second. I also found it weird to see Gil behead someone. It just felt pretty random in general.
fate can get pretty gruesome dude and no i'm not talking about zero. the writer is just one to put you into a comfort zone first then yank the rug from underneath you

He just loves making you feel warm inside, then suddenly hitting you with a twist. Nasu so masochistic :C
Apr 11, 2015 9:35 PM

Sep 2014
frequency15k said:
sigh, yet another cliffhanger, lol, but another great episode
it's all escalation from here
Apr 11, 2015 9:37 PM

Jul 2007
demonicpudding said:

-New content is always welcome but I feel like they animated the wrong part of Caster's backstory. Her human life would have been a lot more helpful in making viewers understand her POV. I really don't see a F/HA adaptation on the horizon so I don't know why they wouldn't borrow stuff from there. As big an asshole as her Master was, he is pretty unnecessary to her characterization at the end of the day.

Ill never understand this part tbh and why they did this.

Caster's former master is literally ~1% of her characterization and even that does not matter without understanding her worldview, goals or what she went through in life.

This "flashback" achieves nothing.

Considering they told us to expect "more points of view and anime original content" I really doubt they are preparing space for Shirou. The time for Shirou's characterization is long since past anyway.
Apr 11, 2015 9:37 PM

Jan 2011
When I heard people complaining that Shinji stopped Liz, I was expecting some serious scene where he nonchalantly brushes her off, not the obvious comedy bit we got.
Apr 11, 2015 9:38 PM

Sep 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
[quote=Co zero. the writer is just one to put you into a comfort zone first then yank the rug from underneath you

He just loves making you feel warm inside, then suddenly hitting you with a twist. Nasu so masochistic :C[/quote] tell me about it i actually cried at the end of Akiha's route.....and Winter forest........
Apr 11, 2015 9:39 PM

Aug 2009
The ep was good.

But since it was different from the VN lets shit on it.

It's not like the VN was "racist","sexist",didnt have comedy just before gory scenes etc.

Oh and Caster's backstory was done well without taking up a whole ep.We even had Kirei alluding to her real nature as a victim.Thats the second time she is portrayed as not an evil witch that kills for benefits.

But lets shit on it for not being a copy paste of FHA.
Apr 11, 2015 9:41 PM

Jul 2007
ReaperCreeper said:
When I heard people complaining that Shinji stopped Liz, I was expecting some serious scene where he nonchalantly brushes her off, not the obvious comedy bit we got.

The problem is less with Shinji casually stppping A lance from someone who has servant level stats and more about how UNFITTING that comedic scene was in terms of moood to be placed seconds before gory stuff.
Apr 11, 2015 9:45 PM

Jan 2011
CookingPriest said:
ReaperCreeper said:

The problem is less with Shinji casually stppping A lance from someone who has servant level stats and more about how UNFITTING that comedic scene was in terms of moood to be placed seconds before gory stuff.
She stopped it in front of his face and he tried to point it away, he didn't stop shit. I'll agree that putting comedy there just doesn't fit though. I expect Shinji buttmonkey comedy in Carnival Phantasm not UBW.
Apr 11, 2015 9:45 PM

Dec 2007
I can only imagine Shinji as comedic or pathetic, so I see no problem with them going with comedic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 9:46 PM

Mar 2015
Maloghurst said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

He just loves making you feel warm inside, then suddenly hitting you with a twist. Nasu so masochistic :C
tell me about it i actually cried at the end of Akiha's route.....and Winter forest........

And Kohaku route as well...Of course, Die Lorelei (HF one, not Dojo 1), Winter Forest,
Apr 11, 2015 9:46 PM

Oct 2014
the hype is real Gilgamesh vs Berserker wow wow wow

I love Illya so much she is way too kawaii I was really looking forward to her and Shiro talking

but since Shinji appeared this will be great

Rin was just amazing as always <3
Apr 11, 2015 9:47 PM

Jul 2007
Ketuekigami said:
I can only imagine Shinji as comedic or pathetic, so I see no problem with them going with comedic.

The problem is with them going comedic AND then literally seconds latter going gory. It i a very amateurish mood whiplash that makes people unable to properly react of take seriously EITHER of the extremes.
Apr 11, 2015 9:49 PM

Jan 2011
Oh, btw I'm glad the subs actually went with Heracles instead of Hercules.
Apr 11, 2015 9:50 PM

Sep 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
Maloghurst said:
tell me about it i actually cried at the end of Akiha's route.....and Winter forest........

And Kohaku route as well...Of course, Die Lorelei (HF one, not Dojo 1), Winter Forest,
nasu's writing envokes so many feels......

Ketuekigami said:
shits gonna get even more funny in heaven's feel when shinji
Apr 11, 2015 9:53 PM

Jul 2007
Maloghurst said:

Ketuekigami said:

Unless they go with RN version censorship, in that case I fully expect
Apr 11, 2015 9:55 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Maloghurst said:

Unless they go with RN version censorship, in that case I fully expect
i'm actually pretty confident they wont go that route considering what we're getting in this anime miura or no miura, making shinji even more hated is probably gonna be something writers and director will make sure to do.
Apr 11, 2015 9:57 PM

Feb 2013
I got three things from this episode
. Flying Rin
. Shinji is the bitch of the Fate Saga (The A.Rank Strength aside)
. Gil being Gil

Oh and next episode, brb crying.

Apr 11, 2015 10:01 PM

Oct 2011
Not in the mood to read through 17 pages of comments so I will just ask this question here.

Can someone explain to me the whole children in glass test tubes being turned into red blood? Were they alive? Why didn't they react to the water rising?
Apr 11, 2015 10:02 PM

Jul 2007
Gov said:
Not in the mood to read through 17 pages of comments so I will just ask this question here.

Can someone explain to me the whole children in glass test tubes being turned into red blood? Were they alive? Why didn't they react to the water rising?

No one can explain. That was anime original filler and was not in canon. Take that as you will.
Apr 11, 2015 10:03 PM

Feb 2015
Gov said:

They were alive and then were grinded into paste to generate Mana for Caster
Apr 11, 2015 10:03 PM

Aug 2009
Gov said:

We dont know what that liquid was,probably some magic stuff.Yes they were alive probably hypnotized,the ones that were hanging were alive as well.
Apr 11, 2015 10:06 PM

Oct 2011
I get they were turned into blood to be sacrificed for mana but my question is the state they were in. They didn't even react to drowning in the water. Hypnotized? Why would he hypnotize them? He doesn't care about them at all. He only cares of generating the mana.

If CookingPriest's words are true, I will take this scene as filler and just move on.
Apr 11, 2015 10:07 PM

Jan 2011
nocorras said:
Who wouldn't want to go home?
Apr 11, 2015 10:08 PM

Sep 2014
Gov said:

anime original content but i'll try to put in my 2 cents. as for the kids i wanna say yes they're alive given context from this verse when converting people to mana you want them alive. you can get mana from justdead bodies but to gain full use of using a human you want them alive. as for them not waking up? i guess a special kind of sedation?
Apr 11, 2015 10:09 PM

Nov 2014
Gov said:
I get they were turned into blood to be sacrificed for mana but my question is the state they were in. They didn't even react to drowning in the water. Hypnotized? Why would he hypnotize them? He doesn't care about them at all. He only cares of generating the mana.

If CookingPriest's words are true, I will take this scene as filler and just move on.

comatose possibly

does it taste like filling?

Apr 11, 2015 10:10 PM

Jul 2007
Gov said:

While there are MANY ways one could use living people or their sacrifice as power source in this setting, none of that involve hi-tech equipment.

Actually, in fact, hi-tech science and magic absolutely do not mix - magic is something that keeps diminishing in power as Science progresses forward and pretty much every single magus ignores most of technological stuff, so it is impossible to form a coherent explanation to this anime original content scene.

Most of stuff dealing with Caster's previous master was anime original filler(apart from Caster killing him).
In VN we instead got to see Caster's backstory from when she was alive here.
Apr 11, 2015 10:13 PM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
Gov said:

While there are MANY ways one could use living people or their sacrifice as power source in this setting, none of that involve hi-tech equipment.

Actually, in fact, hi-tech science and magic absolutely do not mix - magic is something that keeps diminishing in power as Science progresses forward and pretty much every single magus ignores most of technological stuff, so it is impossible to form a coherent explanation to this anime original content scene.

I suppose this nutjob thought he could combine magic with science. I suppose it shows how incompetent he is, but the orphan soup machine popping out of nowhere was cringy.
Apr 11, 2015 10:15 PM

Oct 2011
Interesting. Comatose and sedation make sense. Easier to place them in the tubes and less of a hassle.

BTW Gilgamesh is overpowered and should have no equals like he did in F/Z. If someone does challenge him, I really hope it is based on skill and not by luck/asspulls.
Apr 11, 2015 10:16 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Gov said:

Most of stuff dealing with Caster's previous master was anime original filler(apart from Caster killing him).
hence my "meaningless fanboy gripe" as well as a couple of others about the magus using tech. it's pretty irrelevant as far as the anime goes but for fans it's a little off. a middle eastern mage is already unorthidox and converting people into mana is aberrent but not new the tech just feels off. you can swing an explanation it's just offputting.
Apr 11, 2015 10:17 PM

Mar 2015
Gov said:
Interesting. Comatose and sedation make sense. Easier to place them in the tubes and less of a hassle.

BTW Gilgamesh is overpowered and should have no equals like he did in F/Z. If someone does challenge him, I really hope it is based on skill and not by luck/asspulls.

Gil has one weakness, one that will be exploited soon enough~
Apr 11, 2015 10:17 PM

Jul 2007
OneTrueEmiya said:
CookingPriest said:

I suppose this nutjob thought he could combine magic with science. I suppose it shows how incompetent he is, but the orphan soup machine popping out of nowhere was cringy.

Unless you are crazy desperate beyond belief of a complete utter scrub, you would not even try to fuse those together.

And the dude did not look like he belonged to either of those categories. I guess he was a complete and utter scrub. But then he would actually have no knowledge or ingenuity needed to make those opposite forces work together, so again, contradictions.

Let's just assume it is some scifi mumbojumbo device that turns people into gatorade and move on.

Maloghurst said:
CookingPriest said:

hence my "meaningless fanboy gripe" as well as a couple of others about the magus using tech. it's pretty irrelevant as far as the anime goes but for fans it's a little off. a middle eastern mage is already unorthidox and converting people into mana is aberrent but not new the tech just feels off. you can swing an explanation it's just offputting.

To be honest it would have made more sense for him to have an alchemy based workshop considering ATLAS.

This, just like pretty much everything in this episode felt completely off.

If this continues I will just assume Nasu gave up and went "do whatever the fuck you want".
Apr 11, 2015 10:18 PM

Sep 2014
Gov said:

lol you think gil had equals in F/Z......
Apr 11, 2015 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
Maloghurst said:
Gov said:

I think he meant that Gil had no equals :C

And yes, no Servant can match a serious Gilgamesh. Though Gil does tend to underestimate people a lot.

Zero stuff
Apr 11, 2015 10:21 PM

Oct 2011
Maloghurst said:
Gov said:

Apr 11, 2015 10:23 PM

Mar 2015
Gov said:
Maloghurst said:

Saber.

Kamehameha wave from her sword.

Apr 11, 2015 10:23 PM

Jul 2007
Gov said:
stuff

Well firs tof all implying those two characters even know each other is a major spoiler, but, how about no.

Goldie could oneshot that person..
Apr 11, 2015 10:28 PM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
Aight episode I guess. Vast majority of it was anime original, but I didn't really have that much of a problem with it since it was just building off what we already knew and stuff.

WE know that.
But anime onlies do n ot.

So watching this episode without the context in VN feels completely pointless.
Thus the episode is completely pointless.
Apr 11, 2015 10:29 PM

Jul 2014
Next episode is going to be so good
Apr 11, 2015 10:37 PM

Mar 2013
Maloghurst said:
CookingPriest said:

Not really

At least, not for people who are aware of Atlas

But even without that... it don't really see how that would be particularly strange. F/SN not so much but for Zero at least, the Masters came from all over the place.
Apr 11, 2015 10:38 PM

Mar 2015
DoAndroidsDream said:
Next episode is going to be so good

Oh you'll enjoy it,
Apr 11, 2015 10:40 PM

Mar 2015
fst said:
Maloghurst said:

Not really

At least, not for people who are aware of Atlas

But even without that... it don't really see how that would be particularly strange. F/SN not so much but for Zero at least, the Masters came from all over the place.

That guy did say he was from the MA though. And besides, Atlas probably doesn't use tech like he does anyway, so we can just write him off as a nutjob with no knowledge of how to use magic properly.
Pages (26) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.