Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2015 3:17 PM

Jan 2011
Oh dear, this series is probably gonna get really sad. The concept was quite interesting and so far i'm enjoying it, but I have a feeling it's just a matter of time before Tsukasa is gonna have to say goodbye to Isla.. This can't end well.
Apr 4, 2015 3:25 PM
Jun 2014
OMG that was sad, this will end with an ocean of feels for sure
Apr 4, 2015 3:42 PM

Apr 2014
Oh god....a sad anime...right off in first episode.
I don't know if I would be able to hold it in throughout the whole series.
Like it so far.
Apr 4, 2015 3:45 PM

Nov 2014
I like this show, but I can see the tragic ending already :(
Hi there
Apr 4, 2015 3:47 PM

Aug 2010
I like the concept of this show. Pretty emotional first episode.
Apr 4, 2015 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
that was a pretty good 1st episode. i can see where the story's heading and it doesn't seem to be going in a happy direction
Apr 4, 2015 3:50 PM

Feb 2013
So what happens if the androids stay too long anyway? Will they crazy and start killing people?
Apr 4, 2015 3:53 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
gedata said:
So what happens if the androids stay too long anyway? Will they crazy and start killing people?

That's what we wonder. I guess, we'll find out, surely they'll have an episode or two dedicated to this topic.
Apr 4, 2015 3:58 PM
Dec 2012
This may be the Anime of the year.

So long as it doesn't introduce some ridiculous plots and no fairy tales endings.

It will be the next Clannad or Chobits and probably will be part in future top ten greatest anime you never watch in years to come. Maybe this can even become the next Evangelion because many Anime that are original are apparently bad.

Afterall, this season is already full of anime that are generic, cliché or just plain full of fanservice which are bad. Can't do anything since oppai sells. Also, a little humor doesn't kill an anime
ryuixyuiApr 4, 2015 4:08 PM
Apr 4, 2015 4:00 PM

Feb 2013
Smudy said:
gedata said:

That's what we wonder. I guess, we'll find out, surely they'll have an episode or two dedicated to this topic.

The quality of the premise rides on that answer, I hope they don't muck it up.

As for the episode, being the heartless wretch that I am, I'm not one to bawl after a single episode. Doesn't help when said episode was chock full of silly elements including a piss joke at the very end moments after a "heartbreaking" retrieval. Probably going to bail on this eventually
Apr 4, 2015 4:10 PM

Aug 2014
ryuixyui said:
This may be the Anime of the year.

So long as it doesn't introduce some ridiculous plots and no fairy tales endings.

It will be the next Clannad or Chobits and probably will be part in future top ten greatest anime you never watch in years to come. Maybe this can even become the next Evangelion because many Anime that are original are apparently bad.

Afterall, this season is already full of anime that are generic, cliché or just plain full of fanservice which are bad. Can't do anything since oppai sells. Also, a little humor doesn't kill an anime

Seraph or Kekkai. This show would be a great runner-up though.
Apr 4, 2015 4:14 PM
Mar 2008
I wasn't expecting it to be this good, wow. My eyes teared there, and believe me, it never happens to me.
Apr 4, 2015 4:26 PM

Oct 2014
Wow, that was amazing! Good comedy moments like Isla´s failed jump and heart-touching scenes like the ending. The BMG and animations are also pretty good. I´m hyped now. This could be an amazing anime, can´t wait for the next episode.

I almost cried at the end.... T^T
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Apr 4, 2015 4:35 PM

Jun 2012
Those feels caught me off-guard, damn. I like how it gets so sad, so depressing and then that it is able to get a smile out of my face right after this. If it keeps a good balance of "feels" and comedy, it will be a great watch. They've got something good there I feel.
Apr 4, 2015 4:35 PM
Mar 2011
So I watched this. It seems like a mix of Gintama and Mushishi: a peaceful and simplistic story with a bit sadish plot. I don't know if it will be episodic or not. But let's hope it will be a not too bad anime. The only thing that was bas is the character design: black haired main character and the colors of the hair of the female characters reflect their personalities. I hope they will get better.
Apr 4, 2015 4:39 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
First episode already had me on the verge of tears..

Still seems like it will be a good anime.
Apr 4, 2015 4:40 PM
Nov 2013
Giftia's remind me a lot of Persacoms from Chobits. Love the concept so far. Character designs are a little odd but I don't really care.

Loved this first episode, there were emotional scenes and they were not melodramatic, just genuine feelings for the Giftia's being retrieved before their time is up.

I hope this series stays good, cause this can be a contender for one of the best anime series of the season.
Apr 4, 2015 5:02 PM
Aug 2011
This series was not really on my radar but this episode was quite the pleasant surprise.
Apr 4, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
Oh man, this had emotions, even stirred them in me. I love the concept, but I need more information and back story. Are these android organic or metallic? or a combination of both? How is the CPU of an android work in this case?

I'm gonna take out my monocle and study this very carefully as we go along.
*Too complicated to cared*
Apr 4, 2015 5:07 PM

Aug 2014
If the rest of the season plays out like the first episode, it looks like I might have found my next feels trip show
Get your shit straight Brenda
Apr 4, 2015 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
This show seems to have some potential, but I won't get my hopes up. Not much to say about the characters, but some seem like they can go places. (Especially the white haired girl and her previous partner. The main character is generic though, but the tsundere girl is more toned down from her archetype, which is nice. Not much to say about the rest). The execution was well done, a lot gets quickly explained while still maintaining the emotional elements. A little melodramatic, but nothing too over the top. I'm mainly worried that they'll have more out of place comedic scenes like at the ending though. That totally ruined the atmosphere. The lack of in-your-face fanservice was a plus. For the plot, I can easily predict where this is gonna go with the white haired girl.
Overall impressions: Predictable plot, ok characters, but harmless overall. Good for watching just for fun, but nothing deep. 6/10 slightly above average
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.
Apr 4, 2015 5:30 PM

Mar 2012
Whoa, I am really glad that I decided to watch this series. Definitely a lot more emotional than I expected (though I did have no idea what to expect). This looking like the hidden gem of the season for me.

Isla is quite adorable and funny. xD I think I can see how this series is going to end. The feels will be real. D:
Apr 4, 2015 5:40 PM

Aug 2010
Overall pretty good so far.

The sadness/feels does seems a bit forced though. I mean it isn't subtle at all since it appears we will be seeing goodbye "death" scenes of various families every episode and probably follow our "dying" main heroine up until her end. I don't mind being "forced" into the feels somewhat, but I hope they don't overdo it.
Apr 4, 2015 5:41 PM
Nov 2010
Oh dear, I always start crying so fast, I'll never be able to watch this to the last episode, if the feels are already that strong v.v Pretty predictable what will happen later on, just thinking about it gives me shivers. I can't bear watching stuff like this! *cries*

Will stay strong, have tissues near me and try to continue this show.
Apr 4, 2015 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
Very interesting series, and touching first episode.

Looks like its hinted that Isla has passed her time limit or something right? Lol at that retarded jump. I'm not sure if I really like Amamiya Sora doing the monotone voice thing, hopefully it grows on me

Good watch
Apr 4, 2015 5:45 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting. Seems like this one's for feels.
Apr 4, 2015 5:50 PM

Apr 2014
God damn that was a sad episode T-T

Isla is my favorite character so far :D
OrangeJPApr 4, 2015 5:53 PM

Apr 4, 2015 6:08 PM

May 2011
Wow what a good starting chapter, thanks god i picked this up. I cried in the last moments... hope they keep up the level in the next chapters!
Apr 4, 2015 6:08 PM
Dec 2014
... What do they do with the corpses? o_o
Apr 4, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2012
great pilot episode

reminds me of a cross between chobits and eve no jikan. I hope it keeps going in this slice of life direction. This will probably pan out to be a depressing series but I like it thus far.

Apr 4, 2015 6:21 PM

Jan 2013
I wasn't expecting much at all deciding to watch this. The ending caught me off guard.

Also... Where did my manliness go ;_;
Apr 4, 2015 6:22 PM

May 2014
so sad. much sad. :c
Apr 4, 2015 6:27 PM
May 2014
VirtualStar said:
Meh start; Very ugly bright visuals; Generic 'highschool-like' self-insert teenager MC with harem
Story looks interesting regardless of the above

So far it seem like you have a very broad definition of "harem".

Iow, 3+ females around him, regardless of their (lack of) feelings for him.
I assume you're counting the guys (the boss and the android) as part of
the same harem?

If a guy for some reason were in a room with 3-4 females then he would have a harem
based on that definition.

It was quite watchable..
The likely ending seems somewhat predictable, so I guess this is more or less about
the journey there..or something.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Apr 4, 2015 6:29 PM

Jan 2010
The story of this anime should make it be one of the best of the season , but this ridiculous timing to introduce comedy ended it all . It seems Shigatsu Wa ! To focus on one genre, studios .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Apr 4, 2015 6:33 PM

Nov 2013
muh feels
Apr 4, 2015 6:41 PM

Dec 2014
Anime nowadays only tries to excel in visual and sound, but the thing that is the most basic, story, characters are still the same or sometimes even worst. It needs to be more mature, more humanity, more grounded in reality, otherwise at best it's just a good "fast-food" product that you see everywhere.

Bad move, Plastic Memory, you remind me too much of Planetes, now you have a tough order to fill.
Apr 4, 2015 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
Yo Anime original? not set in a high school setting with the characters being android repo men

sign me up even with it's bright visuals i got a strong feeling this show might me cry some manly tears near the end if this turns out the way i think it will,hell even by the end i almost got teary androids showing more emotion than some humans got to me man~ ;-;

please be good for the rest of the season!
Apr 4, 2015 7:07 PM

Apr 2013
Did we really need a pee joke after a super emotional moment?
Apr 4, 2015 7:10 PM

Mar 2009
^They definitely need to get better at balancing the comedy and the emotional scenes.

That aside, very strong first episode. Maybe the strongest of the season so far.
Apr 4, 2015 7:17 PM

Aug 2013
Excellent start, already beginning showing a exciting love story, I am very curious as to how will the relationship between Tsukasa and Isla, not to mention the plot that will present quite dramatic points about the relationship between humans and androids

I really liked the personality of the protagonists, Tsukasa already of beginning seems to be kind and gentle and Isla slightly mysterious but very fun, seems to be a good basis for a romance

Well, I was very excited about the first episode, surely I will accompany, even in a season with many anime that call attention even before they start, I'm putting high expectations in this anime, I think it can be among the best of the season ..
Apr 4, 2015 7:19 PM

Apr 2007
DmonHiro said:
So, when androids go past their service time, the software goes bad?
I'm not sure which is the more disturbing and likely possibility: that something sadly debilitating happens to them (along the lines Kowarekake no Orgel), or that absolutely nothing happens at all.
Aipom said:
Why would anyone buy basically a human, knowing that it will die 9 years later? And why aren't there some stricter regulations by the government to prevent owners from refusing the retrievals?
Personally, I'd think that a government would want to put stricter time limits on these things. What if people really could buy a companion who never ages, doesn't suffer from human ailments, and is not discernible from real humans? How long would real humans last?

And the company that makes and sells these things -- I'm not sure that selling an item that truly lasts forever is a good business plan. But, hey, OS upgrades are readily available on a set schedule, for a price.

This show will likely go the predictable route and still be very good, similar to Orgel. I'm sort of hoping for the darker possibility.
Apr 4, 2015 7:27 PM
Jan 2015
this is the second time I cried from anime in 2015 after akatsuki no yona (blue dragon's arc), this is gonna be heartbreaking!
Apr 4, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2014
I don't think this series is gonna end with a bittersweet feeling.

Do remember that the MC told Granny she could always bring her back minus the memories.

And Isla is actually keeping a diary with her so by the end even if she gets terminated, they could always bring her back and show her the diary.
Apr 4, 2015 7:41 PM

Mar 2014
molassus said:

Do remember that the MC told Granny she could always bring her back minus the memories.

And Isla is actually keeping a diary with her so by the end even if she gets terminated, they could always bring her back and show her the diary.
This isn't One Week Friends, doubt it works like that.
Apr 4, 2015 7:49 PM

Apr 2012
Very emotional first episode. A nice balance of drama and comedy, although I feel like the last bit was just a mood killer.

Right now, the only question I have is "How old is Isla? How much longer does she have?"
Apr 4, 2015 7:49 PM

Jun 2014
Paulo27 said:
molassus said:

This isn't One Week Friends, doubt it works like that.

Eh. but when they revive her she'll be in a blank state no memories whatsoever or something.

So showing her the diary and telling her who she was isn't gonna be a problem. and i bet that's the exact reason she has a diary to begin with.

Either way it could go both ways a sad ending or an ending along this line
Apr 4, 2015 7:51 PM

Apr 2014
Show looks good. The glare on the characters heads is kind of distracting to me though.
---------My Profile------------
Apr 4, 2015 8:07 PM

Apr 2012
i cried on the 1st episode....
prepare for the feels :(
Apr 4, 2015 8:08 PM

Jan 2008
If Yasuhiro Yoshiura and Makoto Shinkai had a love-child, it'd be Plastic Memories. Really hit me right in the feels.
Apr 4, 2015 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like the feels are coming with this one...
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tendou-kun - May 22, 2015

222 by Penguinu »»
May 23, 3:18 AM

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

533 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.