Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 31, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2008
Cosmicblaze454 said:
It seems Michael takes slightly more offense to being choked than he does to being shot with a crossbow.

^This! Michael is a little bitch.

Really sucks for Bernard. He redeemed himself by standing up to Michael saying "You aren't needed anymore!" while trying to ring his neck. Even worse is that his scrolls were burned, so his new mission of walking a path without God will not come to fruition for a long time.

But at least all wasn't lost, since Bernard wanted Maria's legacy to live on, and the painting from the OP that was commissioned by him from a painter seemed to still exist...even if her smile on that painting looked quite sinister.

Michael still hasn't changed his position of being God's cock-sucker it seems with his stance of continuing to admonish Maria and the other witches.

I hope Galfa dies of gangrene from an infection and flesh-eating maggots in his arm-stub.

Priapus didn't even get a dick in the end before turning back into an owl!

Estoy_GordoMar 31, 2015 12:51 PM
Mar 31, 2015 4:06 PM

Sep 2007
I kinda disliked the ending too even though this was one of the shows I sort of looked forward to every week...

It felt too much like a "oh let's randomly have Michael forgive Maria, let's burn the broken Bernard to ashes, and let's hint at making Maria a mother without ever showing her becoming a mother or cute moments with Joseph" (MOST LET DOWN AT THAT CUZ THAT WAS WHAT I WANTED TO SEE THE MOST)

instead Cerrunos gets good amount of screen time....(was there really a point to him/that thing anyway?) and....well...I dunno...

Sigh... A potentially good finale just crashed and burned miserably...(in my opinion)
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 31, 2015 4:11 PM

Sep 2014
Solid ending to a solid show.

When i started watching this anime i didn't really know what to expect since I just picked it due to lack of interesting anime this season. Now I am glad i did!

Surprisingly good anime, quite a solid and interesting plot. Liked the different take on the mahou shoujo genre, which was nice.

7/10 - honestly one of the better anime this season.
Mar 31, 2015 5:16 PM

May 2011
damn i'm christian, and a few years ago i see bernard point of view inside myself and becoming agnostic. lmao

i dont think maria lost yer magic yet, since artemis and priapus still in their fluffly bird form (or probably that's their style of drawing owl), well... she still take her staff with her.

good show btw 8/10 , suddenly feeling lonely now hopes new season can cheer me up :V
Mar 31, 2015 6:55 PM

May 2013
zeroryoko1974 said:
hoootie said:

I don't think your opinion matters when you gave gurren lagann a 1 and dropped FMAB with a 1.

Anyhow, solid show, not a big fan of the ending. I liked the way the bashed the church quite often and the nice realistic battles. 8/10

TTGL and FMA:B a 1? If that isn't trolling, I don't know what is. Frankly I found nothing wrong with this show. Great characters, a nice story, HanaKan, great animation. I actually gave it a 10/10.

Too bad he cant just watch series completely and then realize how good it is..
I mean who the hell gives Cowboy Bebop a frigin 4 when there are few eps left to see, and rates half of anime without even seeing atleast half of it...

He just still cant get hes shit straight at what he likes and what he doesnt. He needs to see way more anime untill he realizes wtf he did.. It might take days, weeks, months, maybe even several years.. untill then leave him be and let him do what he wants.

And Nothing257 if yer reading this i really recommend rewatching series you rated like shit after like 1-2 years passed from last time you watched it.. Trust me it will make a difference.. And ofc dropping animes without even seeing them is a big NO NO....

Anyways back to opinion about this ending.. Like most of you i kinda wanted to see Ezekiel after being "reborn" and at same time atleast small sneak peak of how their lives are going...

It ended pretty well for a story like this as i guess even Michael cant be such a big asshole all the time, lets not forget how Ezekiel stood up for herself in order to defend Maria .. But Maria was kinda walking tightrope over piranha swelling pond saying she forgives to god this time ._.

And ofc Bernard played with fire and got burned to ash
GildedMar 31, 2015 6:58 PM
Apr 1, 2015 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
Wondering if the manga had more for the ending, can anyone confirm?
Keep moving forward
Apr 1, 2015 1:51 AM

Mar 2009
This was one of my most anticipated shows going into the Winter season, thanks to the character design and Production I.G, so I'm glad it lived up to my expectations! Wonderful little show, nice ending.

And Maria deserved her happy ending after - you know - almost getting raped, persecuted by the people, the witches, and eventually even the gods.

I also liked how Ezekiel will eventually be reborn as Maria and Joseph's child. Nice touch.

And yeah, did Priapos ever get a dick? What a cruel fate...
Apr 1, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2007
This series was my favourite this season during the first few episodes, but it got gradually worse. This ending is terrible - we get to see a strong and intelligent young woman with strong morals and power to realise them devolve into a complacent girl who doesn't think twice about giving up her power for love. Bleh.
Apr 1, 2015 2:50 PM

Jan 2013
Good anime 10/10, weird around virginity 8/10, exciting-ish fight scenes 9/10... so erm bad ending but who gives a damn what I rate it so 9/10 :D

I liked the story though ^_^
Apr 1, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2011
I'm pretty sure Maria didn't actually lose her virginity to Joseph. It's basically bringing over the concept how Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit despite being a virgin too, if any of you have read the Bible (Mary's husband's name was also Joseph). Although not sure why she lost her powers but maybe the heavens had to do something with it.
Apr 1, 2015 8:26 PM

Aug 2014
Such an inspiring story. Maria-dono and all her friends give hope for they can live a happy and peaceful life. :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Apr 1, 2015 8:30 PM

Aug 2014
For an anime for this type of story, was a wonderful anime with a great story xD Have just one think I don't like it, Maria don't lose her virginity, just that, but whatever xP Was a good anime, and that's what matter xD
Apr 1, 2015 10:18 PM

Mar 2012
When Galfa said that he lost even the only.. Wonder if what he meant is something like his best friend aka Joseph?
Keep moving forward
Apr 2, 2015 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
Soooo, she's still a witch or what ? xD
She's still "virgin"... I don't get it ._.
Apr 3, 2015 8:34 PM

Jun 2007
The 'rape' and the manner in which the series began so juvenile yet gradually managed to make me feel genuinely uncomfortable (seeing how bruised and abused Maria was), I was fully prepared to 9/10 the series and regard it was one the true anime surprises. I even considered reviewing it. Just the way the medieval setting and religion were dealt with, as well as Garfa's multifaceted characerisation: seriously impressive. But then, THAT final episode...

I didn't know how the manga ended whilst watching (apparently very different!), but it was just so obviously anime only retardation: ALL of the war prevention complexity that came before, which highlighted how Maria was ultimately doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, was undone with a happy ever after, anime-land 'love conquers all' WTF-fest. Even the angel got in an the act by bizarrely doing a 180 and deciding Maria was right all along. EVEN GOD JOINED IN. I just don't get it: why go to such DARK depths, only to contradict yourself at the last?... one of the worst endings I've ever seen. I'll still give it a 7/10 for what came before, but seriously: COMMIT TO A NARRATIVE AND REMAIN WITH SAID NARRATIVE.

I have no idea what happened to Bernard, btw. He went from legit intimidating-sinister to... batshit insane. Very random.
Apr 4, 2015 7:03 AM
Apr 2014
overall great anime but the end(actually the 2 last episodes) was kinda boring. A bit disappointing after the end of episode 10 was so awesome.

And I really need to know the name of the soundtrack that played when Edwina saved Maria in episode 10. I just can't find it >.< not even a part of it... If anybody knows please let me know :<
Apr 4, 2015 1:12 PM
Oct 2009
AironicallyHuman said:

I didn't know how the manga ended whilst watching (apparently very different!), but it was just so obviously anime only retardation: ALL of the war prevention complexity that came before, which highlighted how Maria was ultimately doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, was undone with a happy ever after, anime-land 'love conquers all'

Actually, the manga ends with a VERY similar ultimate conclusion. There are certainly different details in the process, because neither Bernard nor Galfa existed in the manga in the first place, but your instincts are incorrect in this case. "Love conquers all" is even more applicable to a scene from the final manga volume that wasn't in the anime, which is quite ironic.

In other words, the ending of the manga is not remotely more "complex" than the solution found in the anime. Probably the opposite, since it lacked the more human-based perspective.

WTF-fest. Even the angel got in an the act by bizarrely doing a 180 and deciding Maria was right all along. EVEN GOD JOINED IN. I just don't get it: why go to such DARK depths, only to contradict yourself at the last?... one of the worst endings I've ever seen. I'll still give it a 7/10 for what came before, but seriously: COMMIT TO A NARRATIVE AND REMAIN WITH SAID NARRATIVE.

Because it isn't even a contradiction if you stop to look at things more calmly and with more nuanced information. Personally, I think this sounds like a rather strange interpretation on your part. I'm sorry you feel this is one of the worst endings, but I hope that one day you may attempt to reconsider that point of view.

Objectively speaking, Michael was NOT convinced that Maria interrupting battles with magical spells and monsters was right. In fact, Michael literally says that if she were to do that again, he'd stop her in the same way. The Church of Heaven will not heed her words in that respect. If Maria did the same things over and over again, she would be punished for it.

However, God does recognize that Maria has had a positive impact on the world and is a part of the natural order. Which means forgiveness from punishment for what she already did. That's it.

Maria will keep her idealistic beliefs and won't abandon her friends. But Maria, as you should be able to tell from the last episode, won't be using magic to blast into battles once again. She will be with Joseph and lose her magical powers when Ezekiel is born. Maria will still be a "witch" in the figurative sense but not in the literal sense, considering she has left her old lifestyle behind. In other words, she will discover other ways to continue fighting against war. I felt the ending almost spelled this out.

Bernard is admittedly more of an odd case, but I believe he was simply driven to a way of thinking that was too advanced for the era. It's not insanity, if you really think about it...yet, unfortunately, he didn't deserve to be the person who spreads those teachings. His personal flaws led to his intolerant reaction to the Archangel's appearance contradicting the underlying assumption of his new theory (that humans do not need supernatural intervention).
jgomezgApr 4, 2015 1:18 PM
Apr 4, 2015 8:30 PM

Jun 2007
My only manga ending knowledge is derived from glancing at a response in the manga ending thread. So, my bad for assuming how it would end based on... that. My assumption was that the manga would stay true to the heavy medieval period realism 'till the very end, but if neither Bernard or Galfa are in it, that suggests the manga won't have 'rape' or a religious insanity. I'll be reading the manga once all three volumes are out officially so I guess I'll just have to wait to see. And then I will have a chance to re-evaluate my opinion, so fret not.

Here is the thing: objectively, God does not give a toss one way or the other. That was rammed home repeatedly by Saint Angel before the finale; the angel being no more than a robot acting as a proxy. What humans do in wars is of no consequence. All that mattered to heaven was the prevention of Maria disturbing the natural order with magic. THAT'S ALL. The haughty morality humans apply to themselves has nothing to do with nature. So, Maria in no way, shape or form had a positive impact on anything. Even if viewed from the human perspective, she only managed to prolong the war and more people died/suffered. So, when God decides to forgive her rather than punish as promised via a rainbow/light/happy things, after an impassioned / simplistic anime speech about love, I call bullshit. Especially when the direction of the show towards the end and the writing in general was in total opposition to it. Maria was never depicted as anything other than childishly naive in ab adult world.

Also, although you are indeed right about Saint Angel saying he'd still punish Maria if she used magic, if God accepted her as part of the natural order as you suggest, surely it would only be logical for her magic to be accepted, as well. My mind is already starting to draw a blank over what was said in the last episode, sadly.

The impression the end left me with was more 'I have found love; I'll stop using magic and become a wife' than finding some abstract way to fight war without fighting war. That, I think, is you looking for depth where there isn't any. The loli being the cheery on top that allowed Maria to naturally lose her powers and the series to end. *shrug* Pretty sure I'm not the first to sing this tune in the thread.

About Bernard, I liked how encountering Maria made him question his faith. I disliked how a few words from a naive girl shocked him so much he went insane. You say he was ahead of his time with his logic, which is true, but I wasn't convinced that a man of such intellect would never have thought such things before. A man of faith, being broken so easily?...
Apr 4, 2015 11:38 PM

Jul 2011
This was overall an amazing anime. To be honest I didn't think it was going to be half as good as it was at the beginning. I loved the familiars, and found it funny at the beginning. By the end I was really into the plot, loved the characters, and cried at the end. I love that Maria and Joseph are together, and I love that Ezekiel is their unborn child, and I love that Ann was the old lady telling the story all along.

Amazing, 9/10.
Apr 5, 2015 1:37 AM
Nov 2010
This was a good anime, I liked it, as it was different from the usual.
Apr 5, 2015 3:56 AM

Oct 2012
hoootie said:
Nothing257 said:
Ending was a pile of BS. 5/10 dropped to 2/10 due to the lack of Maria dying and some of the witches to. Nothing maria has does can be considered good in this anime and she does not deserve a happy ending. Also Bernard changing he views at the last moment just means that he did not really believe in God in the first place. Also i do not like how maria thinks she is untouchable by saying that she is the one that forgives God. The to top it all of the angel instead of doing what he was sent to do he said he was going to do the exact same thing he has been doing (nothing) and accepting her.

In all this anime is a WTF anime and deserves the 2/10 that i have given it.

I don't think your opinion matters when you gave gurren lagann a 1 and dropped FMAB with a 1.

Anyhow, solid show, not a big fan of the ending. I liked the way the bashed the church quite often and the nice realistic battles. 8/10

Too fucking right. I didn't like FMAB (yes I know) but I could still see its values and morals. Yet this kid thinks he can deem a reasonable show with a 2/10 and place it lower than some train wreck shows. Just leave
Apr 5, 2015 8:36 AM
Oct 2009
AironicallyHuman said:
My only manga ending knowledge is derived from glancing at a response in the manga ending thread. So, my bad for assuming how it would end based on... that. My assumption was that the manga would stay true to the heavy medieval period realism 'till the very end, but if neither Bernard or Galfa are in it, that suggests the manga won't have 'rape' or a religious insanity. I'll be reading the manga once all three volumes are out officially so I guess I'll just have to wait to see. And then I will have a chance to re-evaluate my opinion, so fret not.

Well, you will see that eventually. But without Bernard, the Church of Earth in the manga is basically represented by nameless people with only a few appearances.

It's not exactly a more complex portrayal nor a better alternative either. Similarly with the soldiers and mercenaries, none of which given as much focus as Galfa was. They're basically bad people who attack or kill others.

Here is the thing: objectively, God does not give a toss one way or the other. That was rammed home repeatedly by Saint Angel before the finale; the angel being no more than a robot acting as a proxy. What humans do in wars is of no consequence. All that mattered to heaven was the prevention of Maria disturbing the natural order with magic. THAT'S ALL.

Yet it is rather telling that God cared enough to stop Michael from killing or disabling Maria's magic right at the start of the story, back in episode three.

If all God really cared about was magic and nothing else, that wouldn't be necessary. I think that suggests that the Archangel doesn't equal God.

The haughty morality humans apply to themselves has nothing to do with nature. So, Maria in no way, shape or form had a positive impact on anything. Even if viewed from the human perspective, she only managed to prolong the war and more people died/suffered. So, when God decides to forgive her rather than punish as promised via a rainbow/light/happy things, after an impassioned / simplistic anime speech about love, I call bullshit. Especially when the direction of the show towards the end and the writing in general was in total opposition to it. Maria was never depicted as anything other than childishly naive in ab adult world.

Some of this is a matter of opinion and could be debated forever. As for the rest, I'd point back to God's intervention in episode three. God is not supposed to be merciless in this world in the first place. Also, Maria's heart was always in the right place and that is valuable. I think the show was stressing that all along.

Also, although you are indeed right about Saint Angel saying he'd still punish Maria if she used magic, if God accepted her as part of the natural order as you suggest, surely it would only be logical for her magic to be accepted, as well. My mind is already starting to draw a blank over what was said in the last episode, sadly.

There are different ways of interpreting that, but I'm sticking with the information provided by the show in order to make my case.

The impression the end left me with was more 'I have found love; I'll stop using magic and become a wife' than finding some abstract way to fight war without fighting war. That, I think, is you looking for depth where there isn't any. The loli being the cheery on top that allowed Maria to naturally lose her powers and the series to end. *shrug* Pretty sure I'm not the first to sing this tune in the thread.

It's Maria herself who says that, not just me. You might not place much value on that statement, but it is in the show.

About Bernard, I liked how encountering Maria made him question his faith. I disliked how a few words from a naive girl shocked him so much he went insane. You say he was ahead of his time with his logic, which is true, but I wasn't convinced that a man of such intellect would never have thought such things before. A man of faith, being broken so easily?...

He is not a typical man of faith, going by some of his previous reactions.
Apr 6, 2015 4:47 AM

Dec 2008
Hmm...I feel like I watched a disney film...dont know if thats good or bad. BUt at least the character kept to her modis operandi. That being said, the epic finale, realistic inquisitorial pursuit that was lacking, the fact maria could move after being so malnourished and messed up, joseph even after fighting was still pathetic, whom really knows to what exent or when marias virginity was even intact, how the hell do witches even make money on war.....and....just....*Sighs* but I really dug that ancient feel of war and its pageantry, its depiction and all that which is so fascinating. Aside from a few other errors and such, I give this a 7.5/10 for a nice view. Bang her well Joseph...make use of that inner potent magic =p...bang her well.
Apr 6, 2015 12:34 PM

Dec 2013
Nothing special but I don't regret watching it (too much...)

6.5/10
Apr 6, 2015 5:32 PM
Jul 2012
Okay, I'm going to push my opinion of this show aside and ask:

How can magically becoming pregnant, without actually having sex aka not losing virginity, mean she is not longer a witch!?
Apr 7, 2015 1:47 AM

Dec 2012
8/10 Good show!

Apr 7, 2015 3:28 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty good series 7/10 for me. Very different from your typical action/historical anime imo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2015 6:47 PM

Aug 2013
great show,
just like CG end, the author left us to choice ( viewers personal preference)if Maria is still a witch or she lost her powers. I like this in it. Solid 8/10 great OP, themes, art/animation.
u like Ecchi? then visit Ecchi Corner on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Ecchi.Corner - Date here.

life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how i react to.
Apr 8, 2015 7:20 AM

Jul 2008
I enjoyed the ending but it probably could have been better :D The finale made a lot of people (even Galfa and Bernard) feel little and is focused on Joseph and Maria which I like :) but sucks that Maria will still lose her powers after losing her virginity.
Apr 8, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
The ending of this anime is not bad, it could not be otherwise. I'm sorry it lasted so little, I hate the TV series so short, but I'm also happy because my expectations were not disappointed at all. In the end the story is nice, but most of all I loved the soundtrack. I do not think there will ever be a second season, but have one, would not be so bad in all conscience. Very moving the final part.
My rating is 7.5 / 10!
Apr 9, 2015 11:27 AM

Aug 2007
You know. I really wanted to see Maria pregnant of Ezequiel. That or Ezekiel being a baby in Maria arms.

Was a good anime. The final was really good and memorable.
Apr 9, 2015 12:52 PM
Jun 2014
Duffbroman said:
hoootie said:

Too fucking right. I didn't like FMAB (yes I know) but I could still see its values and morals. Yet this kid thinks he can deem a reasonable show with a 2/10 and place it lower than some train wreck shows. Just leave

I gave my reasons why i through this anime is bad and why i gave the show a 2/10, you bringing up other anime that i have or haven't seen has no relevance and will not change my score of this anime, all you are saying is that you can not disprove or explain what is wrong with the reasons why i gave it this score but if you can please explain and we could make it a discussion of them. But if you cannot and the only thing that you can think of is to comment on the other things that i have seen because you cannot give any good feedback then you should take your own advise and "Just leave".
Apr 10, 2015 2:45 AM

Dec 2012
That was pretty good, predictable plot, but unpredictable lines spoken! Funny factor dropped down a bit for drama but I guess it was needed for the direction.

I would have preferred keeping powerrrrzzz
Apr 10, 2015 4:32 PM
Aug 2012
Loved how they ended the episode with Martha subtly telling us the Maria is no longer a virgin. :)
Apr 11, 2015 2:19 AM

Dec 2012
DDY released.
Perfect ending. This anime ends as I had hoped, Maria x Joseph and Erzekiel became her daughter :).
I'm glad because it's also rare to create a solid relationship in anime.
And I love this final song, it makes me happy, 8/10.
Apr 11, 2015 2:34 AM

Oct 2008
Just finished this series.
Even with the combined forced of all the Witches, no one could really defy the power of an Archangel!
At least Ezekiel defied Michael-sama! That was brave!
How dare Bernard defy the likes of an Archangel Michael! and look at the results, he was pulverized!
Joseph with his great speech to defend Maria. Maria is blasphemy to the Father...said by Ezekiel...hahaha!
Ezekiel defended a witch by her own accord, thus she deemed so serve Heaven any longer...and so Ezekiel will become a human and be born...not only that but her Mother would be Maria??!?
Maria in normal civil outfit suits her too.
Good ride. 8/10.

Apr 11, 2015 7:36 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty good ending. What Michael did by asking for everyone's thoughts on Maria to deliver "judgement" was pretty interesting. Luckily it worked out for them ... and Ezekiel became their daughter! :O I couldn't help but think of the virgin Mary having a child ... well, obviously not the same context but similar XD (Or maybe it just ensured their child would be Ezekiel after they had sex. IDK ...)
Either way, Maria joins Joseph as a "human" and the village too. Glad it seemed to resolve peacefully :) Meanwhile the other witches go about their own business (summoning all those creatures and the fight was pretty cool) and Bernard goes a little crazy ... and ... yep O_O Trying to kill Michael was probably NOT the best idea for him XD

Overall, pretty good series touching on some interesting topics. Fun to watch, characters were overall pretty likeable and decent animation and music too. The new ED was pretty good and fit really well. 7/10
Apr 12, 2015 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
Fitting end. Ezekiel will be Maria's and Joseph's kid, lol. Obviously they haven't yet started building their family at the end of the anime.

4/10 overall. It was below average in just about every way, from action to romance to story.
Apr 17, 2015 9:23 PM
Mar 2012
Quite liked the comedy, funny Maria/Ezekiel faces, lighthearted, virgin but w/o the lewd. Dialogue & philosophies, especially from Bernard & Cernunnos was interesting.
Liked the themes developed, showing differences between church of heaven vs church of earth, conflicting thoughts between priests, conflicts among soldiers & "best friends". Theme of how all folks are part of this natural order is nice to have: even though Garfa's full evil & deserved to die in a usual anime setting, the theme emphasizes he's part of this natural order & thus lives on, including our idealistic couple, witches, war money-mongers, & the church.
Apr 20, 2015 4:13 AM
Apr 2015
Do you guys know what's the name of the song ending episode 12? ty
Apr 21, 2015 11:43 PM

Nov 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
MrsKujo said:
It was a nice show and all, but the whole misogynistic "you lose your powers if you lose your virginity" theme grossed me out.

Although ultimately she did not lose them even when she did.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I think the writer had a point behind that which ended up not being properly explained.

Maria was acting like a child with her tossing magic around. Michael's condition was basically to say: okay if you want to act like a child, as long as you remain a child (i.e. not have sex) you can retain your powers. When Maria finally decided to act more like an adult, Michael didn't enforce this restriction because he knew that Maria would be more responsible. This is why I think he "gave" them Ezekiel to raise. Now Maria has to think of how her actions will impact her family before acting.

The strange thing about this animation is that I think the writer was trying to say something very different than most of the people who liked it think the writer was trying to say. Of course being Japanese their views on Christianity are different than those of use who were raised in this culture, but in general I think the writer was telling a tale about a child growing up to be an adult. The problem only being that they couldn't actually succeed in telling this tale.

That's my take too. It's explicitly said in the final narration that she lived with them and was also a witch (despite not being virgin, as the virgin part wasn't spoken like in the previous 11 episodes). She was forgiven.

Decent series for a pretty stupid concept.
Apr 26, 2015 6:51 PM
Sep 2014
hoootie said:
Nothing257 said:
Ending was a pile of BS. 5/10 dropped to 2/10 due to the lack of Maria dying and some of the witches to. Nothing maria has does can be considered good in this anime and she does not deserve a happy ending. Also Bernard changing he views at the last moment just means that he did not really believe in God in the first place. Also i do not like how maria thinks she is untouchable by saying that she is the one that forgives God. The to top it all of the angel instead of doing what he was sent to do he said he was going to do the exact same thing he has been doing (nothing) and accepting her.

I have to agree with this. I dont know what kind of criteria he use but i dont think this show deserve such a low score no matter what you trow at it. It has good, interesting story, great story telling, interesting character, great art/animation, ok OST plus they are bashing the religion. As religion being my top topic for discussion i appreciate this show even more.
Apr 26, 2015 11:55 PM

Jun 2008
Cosmicblaze454 said:
It seems Michael takes slightly more offense to being choked than he does to being shot with a crossbow.

I don't think he took any offense at being choked. I think Bernard became like that simply for touching him. Michael probably didn't even lift a finger at actually trying to kill him.

MrsKujo said:
It was a nice show and all, but the whole misogynistic "you lose your powers if you lose your virginity" theme grossed me out.

7/10 despite that, it was a solid watch and I always like happy endings.

Facepalm. Feminazis get offended for supposed sexism, crazy Christians get offended by the church not being very holy etc.
You people are cancer.
Apr 30, 2015 10:42 AM

Oct 2013
This show wasn't to bad amusing a little strange 6/10 for me
[/quote]
Apr 30, 2015 4:58 PM

Jan 2012
michael and joseph ruined the show for me... both looked like beta feminine phaggots

that resolution happy ending talk was zzz

very enjoyable series overall

8/10
May 2, 2015 3:50 AM

Jun 2014
I liked it.
The ending felt a little weird. But it was at least a happy ending.
8/10
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 2, 2015 8:42 AM

Apr 2013
loved it.

fantastic series with an interesting story. series did a good job mixing fantasy with how it was during the hundred year's war

wouldn't mind seeing a sequel that picks off from here.

bernard was a pretty interesting character but the series was not long enough to really flesh out his character and his change was a bit too sudden.

incredibly underrated
May 7, 2015 8:54 AM

May 2012
Well this was a very enjoyable ending I must say, quite liked this series. At first I wasn't expecting too much but that sure changed quite fast and with such a beautiful ending I can't say more than that this was a great anime with an epic story! 9/10
May 7, 2015 5:01 PM
Sep 2014
Nothing257 said:

Why do you think Maria do nothing to deserve happy ending ? She may been wrong with all the war stopping, but, in other hand, she saved many people too. At least she save people in Ann's village (what the bandit could do in ep 2 could be worse, they also about going to rape village's women if Maria not coming).

Michael not doing what he has been told to ? More like Father send him to do his job on his own account, judgment Maria by Michael himself. This also mean Michael is not a robot that excute every command that Father give him.

By the way, i know this is not relate to this topic, but please (T_T), give fullmetal alchemist series a second chance. When you re-watching it,you may see its potential.
May 7, 2015 5:25 PM
Sep 2014
AironicallyHuman said:
The 'rape' and the manner in which the series began so juvenile yet gradually managed to make me feel genuinely uncomfortable (seeing how bruised and abused Maria was), I was fully prepared to 9/10 the series and regard it was one the true anime surprises. I even considered reviewing it. Just the way the medieval setting and religion were dealt with, as well as Garfa's multifaceted characerisation: seriously impressive. But then, THAT final episode...

I didn't know how the manga ended whilst watching (apparently very different!), but it was just so obviously anime only retardation: ALL of the war prevention complexity that came before, which highlighted how Maria was ultimately doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, was undone with a happy ever after, anime-land 'love conquers all' WTF-fest. Even the angel got in an the act by bizarrely doing a 180 and deciding Maria was right all along. EVEN GOD JOINED IN. I just don't get it: why go to such DARK depths, only to contradict yourself at the last?... one of the worst endings I've ever seen. I'll still give it a 7/10 for what came before, but seriously: COMMIT TO A NARRATIVE AND REMAIN WITH SAID NARRATIVE.

I have no idea what happened to Bernard, btw. He went from legit intimidating-sinister to... batshit insane. Very random.

In your opinion, how should it end ?

As it seem your suggest (i may be wrong) that Maria should be punished in the end for all the wrong things she did, but i find this will be unfair.
First, other witch using magic too, so why only punish Maria ? Second, like you said, Maria doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, yeah, she may cause the war prolong and many more people suffer, but the God don't care about this. Human can be extremely evil, killing each others, ... and according to Michael, this fit natural law and nothing wrong with this, so the God don't find this wrong to punish Maria at all, God only concern about how people obey God's ultimate rule. And Maria did, saved people too. Maria's sin is nothing compared with those lords who cause war in this first place.

From my view, for all Maria's doing, she still deserve a happy end. It's not like the God fully forgive her though, if Maria mess with their rules again, Michael will still come and do his job.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Adoption

sandwich-boy - Oct 18, 2023

2 by Animaticide »»
Oct 18, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2015

79 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 24, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

87 by Sarakitteh »»
May 25, 2023 9:18 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

93 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 13, 2022 10:13 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

114 by KhoaVN »»
Jun 10, 2022 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.