Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2015 4:51 AM

Jun 2012
Okayish ending for a decent show.
The plot was kinda all over the place, but it still managed to not be a trainwreck of a series.
However, the last episodes were messy, especially the way they shoved in our face all of the show's thematics.

The soundtrack was a weird case here, it took away from some scenes.

Not a bad watch overall tho.

6/10
Mar 26, 2015 4:52 AM
Aug 2013
this anime is better watched continuosly..i watched the first 18 episodes on the go and rated 9/10..
the suspense and story build up was awesome ..but this very cluttered when watched weekly..atleast the ending was not too tame :P
Mar 26, 2015 5:07 AM

May 2013
I fucking slammed my keyboard when Migi said that he's gonna be gone forever. How can Shinichi forget him when they made so much memorable experiences together, the good and the bad.

Uragami was surprising to see. I kinda forgot about him after that incident in the City Hall. He takes Murano hostage and talks about what Shinichi truly is. I really thought he couldn't save Murano. Migi somehow reached farther enough for Shinichi to catch her. Well done. Also, Murano looks prettier without her headband. She should stick to that appearance more often.

A solid 9/10. I'm still thinking about considering it to be a Masterpiece.
I am gonna miss this. It was fun and the drama was commendable even at that last scene.
Mar 26, 2015 5:09 AM

Apr 2013
wow i thought she died then, glad he saved her though. Gonna miss this show
Mar 26, 2015 5:15 AM

Jan 2012
Started off very strong 9/10 for the first 18 or so episodes.

Murano still stays one of the most boring characters that I've seen in recent times and honestly that's quite sad because if she was better developed it could have been much better.

The main problem I had though was the later part of the story which didn't really answer any questions that I had been asking, such as
"Where did the parasytes come from?"
"Why did they decide to start blending in and changing their diet"
"Weren't there a few parasytes that decided to go against the stream and decided to kill humans for fun and pleasure"
"Why did Migi decide to not come out again?"

It's basically like the Mangaka was planning to write something else about the Parasyte series but never got the time, at least that's how it felt to me.

Overall 8.5 out of 10 , but I unfortunately can't give it half a point. Ill give it a 9/10 for now and maybe drop the score to a 8/10 after the hype ends, even though the hype is non-existent because the ending was anti-climactic.
Mar 26, 2015 5:16 AM

Oct 2013
so it looks like hating Parasyte is the new cool thing to do. zzz

Well, I liked this as a finale, TBH. Shinichi's monologues through the episode added a layer of depth to the series, but the whole thing with the psycho killer was... unnecessary. I agree it would've been a more memorable ending if Murano died.

Honestly, the show could've ended last episode and it would've been just as good of an ending, perhaps better.

And Migi's eternal sleep is sad. ;-;

gonna miss the hell out of this show in any case. It's rare for a show to have been as entertaining and thrilling as this one was. Not just anime of the year but one of the best anime I've watched, period.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 26, 2015 5:20 AM

Mar 2013
It was faithful to manga in general !

8/10 !!
Mar 26, 2015 5:20 AM

Jun 2012
Man...that was absolutely beautiful. I was probably a little generous in giving it a final 10, having rated it a solid 9 for the second half, but it was worth it. I'm so glad a friend recommended this show to me because it really motivated me to get back into anime; it isn't a stretch to say that Kiseijuu has had an impact on my life, albeit very small.
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
Mar 26, 2015 5:42 AM

Aug 2011
I was hoping Uragami would kill Murano, or that Migi would just let her fall but noooo, we just can't have nice things, huh. Although I do admit she looked better than she has for the rest of the season.

Laughed at Migi seeing Shinichi's perception of him and going "huh?" I could vividly imagine the unsaid "am I truly this chubby little shrimp??" and when the little shrimp walked off to befriend Kana :D That was the highlight of the whole ep for me :)
死ねカス国に帰れ
Mar 26, 2015 5:56 AM
May 2013
Z4k said:
So many plotholes left unanswered. Too bad Madhouse didn't add some anime original scenes for explanation.

Until episode 12 it was a sold 8/10 but everything after it was disappointing as fuck after it.

6/10

The manga is still better.

this is the exact same as the manga!!!

Just with better art and action cause the manga was a late 80s manga.

Almost as bad as the tokyo ghoul purists who are bagging on the second season just because it doesn't follow the manga.
Mar 26, 2015 5:59 AM

Apr 2012
Eviltwinz93 said:
Going to miss this.

College makes a girl more beautiful

Beautiful, beautiful ending.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 26, 2015 5:59 AM

Aug 2011
Nice ending. It showed the evolution the character went through in an appropriate way.

7/10

» Escapism.

Mar 26, 2015 6:00 AM

Sep 2013
This article expands on what Shinichi said about environmental conservation: http://blogs.e-rockford.com/applesauce/2013/04/22/an-earth-day-thought-save-the-earth-is-a-stupid-slogan/#axzz3VUkjqi4c

But let’s quit kidding ourselves that our goal is to “save the Earth,” as the popular slogan goes. That’s not our goal. Rather, our goal is to keep this planet hospitable to us humans and to other plant and animal life. Earth doesn’t need saving. We do.

The long passage from Jurassic Park included in the same article is very illuminating.

An excerpt:

Earth has survived everything in its time. It will certainly survive us. If all the nuclear weapons in the world went off at once and all the plants, all the animals died and the earth was sizzling hot for a hundred thousand years, life would survive, somewhere: under the soil, frozen in Arctic ice. Sooner or later, when the planet was no longer inhospitable, life would spread again. The evolutionary process would begin again. It might take a few billion years for life to regain its present variety. Of course, it would be very different from what it is now, but the earth would survive our folly, only we would not.
TorribleMar 26, 2015 6:05 AM
Mar 26, 2015 6:59 AM
Jan 2014
Zeta986 said:

Migi = True Hero

Except Migi isn't a hero.

The Murano rescue scene just distills what the characters have been doing all along:

Migi is again only acting in his own self interest by rescuing Murano and keeping Shinichi emotionally healthy and therefore he keeps his own self healthy.

Shinichi anthropomorphizes Migi's actions, i.e. imposes human motivations on Migi which aren't really there, and thinks that Migi has helped him because he likes him.

Which he doesn't because the only thing that Migi "likes" is his own survival.
Mar 26, 2015 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
The few episodes leading up to this were lacking, but this was a great finale.

Murano finally confirmed that he is, in fact, the real Shinichi! :D
Mar 26, 2015 7:15 AM
Dec 2013
Loved:
Shinichi and Migi (great characters and their relationship was awesome) but towards the end they also suffered from bad writing

Tamura Reiko (apart from the leads the best character)
the soundtrack
most episodes until 18

Hated:
went REALLY downhill from ep 18 onwards, the last few episodes were mostly shit
and the ending was garbage

Murano is atrocious and worthless, probably the worst female lead EVER
the romance sucked as a result

Parasyte origin was never explained, expected more regarding the overall storyline, just because a few parasytes were killed in that building they all went silent? WTF
didn't like the overall message at the end (felt too preachy and in your face)

All in all this gets a 6/10
a lot of wasted potential if you ask me

Its like the Mangaka didn't give a shit anymore
FuckMAl4132Mar 26, 2015 11:18 AM
Mar 26, 2015 7:27 AM

May 2014
In the end Migi goes to a long journey of thinking while Shinichi carries on with his life. Also the last possible threat for his happiness, Uragami, is eliminated from the scenery. I'm also glad that
Ando- said:
Murano finally confirmed that he is, in fact, the real Shinichi! :D
Even though I wouldn't mind if she died, I'm fine with a happy ending.

Overall it was a very good series. I really enjoyed keeping up with it every week.

9.5/10
Mar 26, 2015 7:30 AM
Mar 2015
mangalicker94 said:
Damn it had a weird ending. I mean Migi went sleeping for good, but comes out when it emerges. That's just weird. So with that they eliminated all the Parasytes (or at least they didn't come out in public anymore).

I think it were good that Murano didn't die in the end. That would make it very sad. Shinichi would have been devastated. I mean, he have lost enough people already.

But I think it had a weird ending. I think it would have been better to end it with Gotou's death. But oh well, the manga did end it like that too (apparently). At least the author got rid of the psycho in this series lol. And finally at the last moment Murano found out the real truth about him.

Overall I think it was a interesting idea, but they screwed up at the end. So overall I think it doesn't deserve anymore than 7 from me. Were a little disappointed with the end. I think it were pretty ok, though they could have made it better.

I got cranked up thinkin how many "think" u got there..peace!!
Mar 26, 2015 7:40 AM

Aug 2014
I forgot how preachy the ending was but that's because this was a fucking 80s manga and the idea was to offer ecological parallels to the real world.
Mar 26, 2015 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
Last 2 eps were poor, everything before was brilliant.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 26, 2015 8:11 AM

Jul 2012
Wow what a lame ending! So what, all parasites in the world were in that building, and killing Gatou made all the parasites dissapear? Migi going "to sleep" was so lame too. And that killer at the end? lol what was he mumbling about? And what about that girl he saved, she would be in hospital, in straitjacket, being treated to some kind of postdramatic trauma from all that monsters, and death she saw. But i guess she's as stupid as her friend, who went to try convince one parasite that killing is bad. lol interesting show at the beginning, so lame and without sense at the end. 5/10
Mar 26, 2015 8:20 AM
Mar 2014
SchwingBoner said:
Great and sweet ending. From someone that loved the ending, I hate those manga readers who were saying since episode 1 that the ending was bad. Such buzzkills. Let us watch and decide for ourselves. Not everyone feels the same way.

I thought this ending was the same as the one from the manga, lol.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Mar 26, 2015 8:53 AM

Jun 2011
Pedo teacher and his student gets wrecked by uragami.
Not sure, maybe he was with his secretary because of them big juggs.
Uragami sprouting his idealogy.
Migi going to sleep in Shinichi's body.
Parasites slowly becoming same as humans.
It ended just like soul eater, everything was solved with one punch.
Gore for the sake of gore.

Series 8/10
Ending 6/10
CharlesMarlowMar 26, 2015 9:05 AM

Mar 26, 2015 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
DID THEY JUST LECTURE ME?!!!
1/10, I THINK FOR MYSELF THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :(

joke, it was good, 9/10
Mar 26, 2015 9:33 AM
Apr 2014
i enjoyed the ending. great anime overall
Mar 26, 2015 9:37 AM

Sep 2009
Despite two close deaths, 3 actual deaths, and someone falling from what looks to be a very tall building I would still say this was a pretty happy ending.
I didn't like it, I kinda wish they went into more detail about the parasytes (rather than Migi lucid dream morfit).
Mar 26, 2015 9:52 AM

Jan 2009
Just when I though this was gonna be a typical boring and quiet last episode, that was intense!

It feels like it's been a long time since I saw a finale of an anime! especially a good one!

Also, I felt for a while that Migi's character is developing, because he got in Shinichi's heart, and I'm glad that I was right!

A 9/10 overall, I'm satisfied with the ending!
Mar 26, 2015 10:06 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, what a stupid way to end this. But without Migi as well? I'm holding myself back from giving this below 4.
Mar 26, 2015 10:28 AM

Sep 2011
This should have been the last week ep, good ep. The ending is very open (all the parasytes in the world suddenly become good and blend in after they defeated gotou? Its to cute for me) and not all the questions answer but im very satisfied with the ending. I had a fun ride with this anime from the start till the end 8/10 would give a 9 but there some thing that really bug me especially the whole massage the human is more monster than the parasyte that got push hard. I believe this anime would be better if they dive more into the scfi horror like the movie the thing.
AndroidJacketMar 26, 2015 10:43 AM
Mar 26, 2015 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
While I think that the ending was somewhat lackluster and unresolved, the run was cool and I liked it. Good thing to know that Migi is not totally gone.

Also, based on how Shinichi saved Murano's fall at the end, it must mean that he's able to control Migi's shape-shifting cells while the other's psyche is "asleep".
Meaning, he has control over the hand to some degree.
And he still has his superhuman abilities too besides that (increased strength, reflexes, stamina, etc.), so he should be able to protect himself even if Migi isn't around anymore.

Too bad the original author ended the manga like this though, it feels incomplete, like a second part that could've been never being realized.
Mar 26, 2015 11:06 AM
Aug 2012
damn that ending had me holding my heart together if he didn't catch her i would i have fallen to pieces in stead such a great ending i feel kinda diffrent know like i should understand peoples motives more before judging them as we cant know how other animals and people think think to a great show
Mar 26, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2012
The very definition of mediocre, solid 5/10
Mar 26, 2015 11:55 AM

Feb 2015
it was at least decent but still feel like madhouse could have handled the series better.
Mar 26, 2015 12:18 PM

Jan 2012
I like the ending.

Shinichi deserves a happy ending after all the crap he went through... And he even lost his best friend, Migi.

They look like they've gained a little weight lol like late puberty or something

AND WTH Satomi calling Shinichi by his last name bugs me so much KJNBELTKBMCS, CALL HIM BY HIS FIRST NAME DAMN

anyway

I think I 'll score it 8/10 and probably 7/10 later on lol

EDIT: Also someone said that Murano was one of the worst female leaders ever... Srsly? We have lots and lots of even worse fmc like Saori, Erika or any heroine in otome games adaptations.
Mar 26, 2015 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
Well, that was... underwhelming, just like the manga readers said it would be. The speeches and moral values the episode tried to impose were good, but I would've prefered something more.

My main problem with the anime is that it never explained what the hell parasites are, or where did they come from. Not even in the last episode was it mentioned, though Shinichi did imply they were born on Earth. I guess the source material is to blame for this, Madhouse overall adapted the series perfectly.

My second problem is the last 2 episodes. The show was a solid 9.5 for me until ep.23 and 24. Both felt rushed (even though they weren't), underwhelming and anti-climactic. I realize that what the series was actually trying to focus on was one human and his small little world, but it's still very regrettable nothing big was touched on. Parasites around the world are apparently on a diet and learning to coexist peacefully with humans, which isn't bad, it's actually exactly what's best to happen instead of them being exterminated, but it didn't really feel like a solid conclusion.

Overall, though, it's a very solid show, maybe even great. I liked the 22 episodes of it a lot, I liked the art, I loved the soundtrack and the characterization, and the enjoyment of it Parasyte was the highest of all the anime I'm following by far. Right now, I'm somewhat torn between scores, but I think I'll remain with this one.

Final episode: 4/5

Overall score: 8.5/10

Yeah, I think I'll put it in as a 9 in my anime list, though it's not a fully great show, mainly because of those last episodes. Definitely going to miss it, and I'm pretty sure it'll be my highest rated of late 2014/early 2015 anime, unless Death Parade's last episode proves to be amazing.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 26, 2015 12:48 PM

Oct 2013
9/10 from me,if Satomi died then 10/10

Mar 26, 2015 12:59 PM

Feb 2015
Good
Final ep was okay.
Animation was, well, decent.
Story was weak at some points.

6.5/10
A true man never dies.
Mar 26, 2015 1:01 PM

Oct 2013
Good overall episode. Great ending, just what it needed xD

Adapted quite well from the manga..

xD
Mar 26, 2015 1:02 PM

Dec 2014
5/5 finally.
Mar 26, 2015 1:42 PM

Oct 2013
So torn between an 8 or a 9... Like many others, I too would've liked to at least get a more clear answer as to where the parasites come from. On the other hand, it's implied that they're just another lifeform that came to be, just like many other parasitic life forms came to be way before humans even came into existence so it's less of a problem or not one at all if we think about it like that. Kiseijuu's story was mainly told through the perspective of one guy after all and it never intended to be that big in the 1st place and to that extent, it's done an excellent job. Shinichi's & Migi's development has been fantastic.

Kiseijuu got it's theme across about humans who claim they want to "Savez da' Earth! being some of the most selfish and arrogant while not claiming it's a bad thing, but takes a stab at that notion anyway since a lot of people in that position would hardly admit to being selfish or arrogant.
Mar 26, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2010
Fantastic Adaptation. Beautiful Anime. Solid 10/10.

We need more anime like this..
Mar 26, 2015 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
zabadoh said:
Except Migi isn't a hero.

The Murano rescue scene just distills what the characters have been doing all along:

Migi is again only acting in his own self interest by rescuing Murano and keeping Shinichi emotionally healthy and therefore he keeps his own self healthy.

Shinichi anthropomorphizes Migi's actions, i.e. imposes human motivations on Migi which aren't really there, and thinks that Migi has helped him because he likes him.

Which he doesn't because the only thing that Migi "likes" is his own survival.

"Shinichi... from our very first meeting, I'm glad I didn't steal your mind. Because of that, we could be friends. I'll remember... all the good times."

"Thank you for everything, Shinichi."

Did you miss Migi's whole evolution or? I mean, sure, maybe Migi DID save Murano for his own self-preservation but you can't say that Migi doesn't like Shinichi. The dude evolved just like how Tamura grew to care for her child.
jreginaldMar 26, 2015 2:54 PM
Mar 26, 2015 2:59 PM
Dec 2013
MSJ said:
it was at least decent but still feel like madhouse could have handled the series better.

its not their fault the source material went to shit towards the end
Mar 26, 2015 3:01 PM

May 2012
The anime was GREAT in the beginning, i was always looking forward to every next episode, but unfortunately things went downhill after Kana's death (maybe the last great episode) and the show lost its appealing. Last episodes were very average.

I liked the happy ending, but i didn't like how the anime ended. It seemed like the anime/manga was canceled half way through and the mangaka wrapped everything he could in time. Uragami being the "final obstacle" was too random.

7/10 because the first 13 or so episodes were amazing.
I despise woke people.
Mar 26, 2015 3:03 PM

Jun 2013
Journey_95 said:
MSJ said:

its not their fault the source material went to shit towards the end

And from Death Note we know they won't stray from source material.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 26, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2010
This anime started out great. Don't think it lived up to it's potential. At least Murano looks a lot better now. Thought she actually looked pretty unattractive with her old hairstyle.

Overall 8//10. Show went downhill after Reiko's death.
Mar 26, 2015 3:23 PM

Sep 2014
Just 1 Word: Masterpiece!

10/10
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Mar 26, 2015 3:26 PM

Oct 2013
Holy shit this is how you end a show better then fucking TG
I though she died
Then I though migi
Then I don't even know jsut happy
great ending great anime
[/quote]
Mar 26, 2015 3:51 PM

Aug 2010
Would've been better if they didn't kill off Reiko so early which for me was the most interesting character of the show... Gotou was such a bland villain

Still, this series is a strong 8 for me.
I don't need a signature.
Mar 26, 2015 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
Best anime.

Not sure why migi went to an eternal sleep.

I thought Murano died. Glad she didn't.

And cute doggie :3
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

310 by JamesYukiNoriaki »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2014

422 by rrel »»
Sep 11, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

311 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 6, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

640 by Flamestriker101 »»
Aug 25, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

315 by mery_san »»
Aug 23, 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.