Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2015 7:48 PM
Dec 2012
so strong ending! :D
this is one of the best anime show I have seen so far this season.
Mar 19, 2015 7:49 PM
May 2014
DEM FEELS ;(

Piano/10 would watch again
Mar 19, 2015 7:50 PM

Aug 2014
Well, well... . I'm not going to lie, the last episode was powerful. Really powerful. It's the kind of episode that makes you reconsider your previous rating of the show.

Alright, so first things first. Kousei's performance was impressive, to say the least, there was real empathy and emotion in his piece, and I really liked how Kaori was there with him, but started to fade away at the end. Arima somehow knowing Kaori has passed wasn't actually bad, his tears genuinely hit me. I would have liked to see who won the contest, though.

Next up, Kaori's death. So, we all knew it was going to happen and it did. However, contrary to what I was expecting, her death wasn't focused on. In fact, nothing concerning Kaori's passing was shown or mentioned at all... except for one letter.

I've never imagined a letter could hold so much emotion. Kaori said everything she didn't have the time and courage to say to Arima out loud. What really got to me was the Lie in April - Kaori lying that she likes Watari, which is how everything began. I didn't quite like that Kaori was also a fan of Arima's since she was little (seems like pretty much everyone in the show has listened to Kousei when he was younger), but I understand it was necessary, and I do like how Arima unknowingly influenced so many characters. The declaration of love was done well. It wasn't obvious she did love him back, so it came as a mild surprise. Kousei was happy yet strong, it truly seems like he had taken the loss of his loved one as well as he possibly could. Plus, he still has Watari and Tsubaki. Kaori was a step ahead of everyone.

So... what I didn't like about Shigatsu. First off comes the romantic subplots, and mostly the one involving Tsubaki. It was extremely tiring, recycling of the same words and phrases over and over again, even being prioritized throughout the middle and latter parts of the show, which I definitely didn't like, not to mention Tsubaki just being an annoying stereotypical tsundere. I'm glad her and Kousei didn't end up together. Second, I disliked the comedy. It was very, very unfunny, I think I cracked a smile only once for 22 episodes. Not only that, it felt very forced and often interrupted moments of seriousness for no apparent reason. Third would be the lack of Watari development, he was the only of the group that didn't receive focus.

Other than that, I definitely think Shigatsu is a very solid anime, though with fundamental flaws that keep it from getting a perfect score. Looks like I'll be updating my profile soon. Lastly, since this is my first finished 2015 anime, I'm honestly glad it gave this year's anime an almost perfect head start.

Final episode: 5/5

Overall anime rating: [i]8.5/10[/i]

See you in April, Kaori~
MaledictMar 19, 2015 7:57 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 19, 2015 7:54 PM

Aug 2012
And I felt nothing.
Mar 19, 2015 7:54 PM

Sep 2014
Fucking slut deserved it
Mar 19, 2015 7:58 PM
Jan 2015
notsomacho said:
Fucking slut deserved it

Two-timing whores always deserve it.
"The anime that I have directed posess the same intended effect on my viewers as my interest for kids, where both get fucked." - Akiyuki Shinbo
Mar 19, 2015 8:06 PM

Apr 2013
I had forgotten that this was a 22 episode series so I went in unprepared until the 'Last Episode' came out. Great series, one which I looked forward to watching every week. Will miss it greatly. Made me sad and depressed now...
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Mar 19, 2015 8:07 PM
Apr 2013
notsomacho said:
Fucking slut deserved it
Mar 19, 2015 8:11 PM
Mar 2010
Overall a great series and a beautiful episode .....

But fucking broke my heart ... this is too sad.
Mar 19, 2015 8:13 PM
Jun 2011
That was a beautiful ending...

I thought the "farewell scene" dragged a bit too much but maybe that's just me. I was dying to know whether or not kaochan lives since I haven't read the manga though I did expect this kind of ending...

I thought I was prepared for it, but obviously I wasn't because I was a terrible mess during the 2nd half of the show.

I held the feels together pretty well for most of the series but...

Easily a 10/10 for me. I really enjoyed the music and art for this series. Everything was just so beautiful to watch. The colours were so soothing to the eyes and that last song they played (not the ending) was a nice addition :)
Mar 19, 2015 8:20 PM

Aug 2010
I liked how they ended but didn't get too much emotion from it. I just didn't really feel much from this show. I really tried. Overall it was a good show though. At least there isn't no magic or anything that brings the dead back to life.
Mar 19, 2015 8:30 PM

Dec 2012
9/10 WHY?! :((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Mar 19, 2015 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
Such a sad ending.
Amazing artstyle and animation during the performance.
Mar 19, 2015 8:36 PM

Sep 2014
Aaah the feels were strong in this one
Mar 19, 2015 8:43 PM

Jun 2014
Damn, who put onions right here ;_:
Mar 19, 2015 8:48 PM

Apr 2013
;-; kaori

good anime overall, my only gripe was the slapstick comedy through-out the show which was terrible and misplaced.

8/10
KneelBeforeMeMar 20, 2015 5:23 PM
Mar 19, 2015 8:50 PM

Sep 2012
honestly i'm bad with tearjerking story, i'll always find the spoiler of the last episode first before procceding to watch the anime cause im really bad at "crush breaking heart story" (#funny), but when i found out about this anime, i watched it until 13 episodes and that's i stop, cause i really sense kind of "danger" of being crush with another tearjerking story, it's somehow really predictable with how would kaori will end up with her current condition (lot of medicine stuff),and i lost my interest to continue this series
and then someday, i found some information about "miracle" thing in this anime would occur if fans post about 10k tweets, and i really thought that this anime will have kind of different ending instead of what i expected, and so because of that reason i watched the last 18 remaining episodes until 21 1 day before the final episode released, im really get my expectation high
and this is what happens at the final episode, well im kind of dissapointed cause it didn't go the way that i really think, hha....
but regardless of that, im not regretting it, because this serie/anime is really worth watching, it have all elements about life,romance,friendship, bonds,and the wonderful music.... it's really a wonderful tearjerking story since angel beats T.T
well i actually really do hope that kaori would live and survive her surgery T3T
but man, forget it.... it just my selfish wish :v, also im looking forward to the OVA which will cover the 11th volume of the manga,and i thought the real "miracle" will happen in this OVA, hha (cause it cover episode 21 & 22 of the anime)
overral 10/10

my apologize to anyone who read this confusing review, also im bad at eng :v
strife99Mar 19, 2015 8:59 PM
Mar 19, 2015 8:57 PM

Feb 2014
That second half was downright sad :c kaori </3 kousei man QQ
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Mar 19, 2015 8:59 PM

Nov 2008
Before I vent all my feels from this anime,

Who won the contest?

10/10

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 19, 2015 9:02 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty ending, animation, songs, awesome character , colors development! It has it all. It was hard to hold the emotion too in this last episode....

I would say 9,5/10 (but since i cant score it like that) 10/10
Mar 19, 2015 9:18 PM

Sep 2013
dang it, where's my miracle?
Mar 19, 2015 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
Just like when I read the final chapter in the manga I was seriously pissed at Kaori when I knew about the "lie" that was terrible to know imo. The lack of a proper epilogue was kind of a letdown as well, I would've loved to know what happened to them when they're older.

Overall it was a good anime, I liked the playing parts even though they did get cheesy with the commentary sometimes. The romance and drama parts not so much, tbh I didn't even know a thing about this anime before I started it other than the fact that it'll have music. I would've loved to see more development for Watari though, it feels like he didn't get as much as the others.

The current rating is 8.85 <----- seriously overrated imo.
Mar 19, 2015 9:24 PM

Oct 2007
xcess090 said:
Just like when I read the final chapter in the manga I was seriously pissed at Kaori when I knew about the "lie" that was terrible to know imo. The lack of a proper epilogue was kind of a letdown as well, I would've loved to know what happened to them when they're older.

Overall it was a good anime, I liked the playing parts even though they did get cheesy with the commentary sometimes. The romance and drama parts not so much, tbh I didn't even know a thing about this anime before I started it other than the fact that it'll have music. I would've loved to see more development for Watari though, it feels like he didn't get as much as the others.

I seriously wouldn't put too much stock in MAL ratings. This board isn't exactly well known for it's on point criticism and not just ratings and reviewing everything on face value. It's like the Gamefaqs of anime reviews/rankings.

At least I can feel like I'm not the only one that wasn't apparently greatly emotionally moved to absolute waterfall tears by a show like this cause I mean...honestly....lol. I can't tell what makes me more incredulous to read, the claims of being emotionally devastated by the drawn out demise of a character that frankly isn't even all that likeable or interesting or the A-1 verbal fellatio going on with some.

Borgov said:
People are throwing 10/10 like it is nothing at all.

The show was melodramtic, forced interactions, completely went left in the second half and had a sappy ending. Yet this is a 10/10.

Not even angry, just amused that this can go for a 10/10. Maybe my standards are too high but this is as average as it can get.

I personally can't say I'm surprised given the kind of profile KEY/Visual Arts has for similar styles of storytelling, their boundless popularity and the fact that we're currently on MAL. And don't worry you aren't the only person with standards here, it's just increasingly rare to find someone who will even so much as mention the idea anymore. Like where did you come from lol? It's not the first kind of show that has gotten this kind of reaction off of largely pure melodrama for the sake of melodrama (the only characters arcs that I really bought into drama wise were Takeshi's and Emi's as rivals chasing the "genius" Kousei) and it certainly won't be the last. Don't forget there's a new anime written by Jun Maeda the all time king of J-Melodrama sob stories coming out next season after all.

Personally if I have to give a rating it'd be something like 7.5/10 for the first half, 6/10 for the second half. I really didn't mind this show at all when it was about a person trying to find his footing in life via being drawn back into music after a really bad if hammy experience with his mother/tutor, but as time went on I just kind of couldn't by Kaori as a particularly likeable character and as the show slowly started to focus more and more around the romantic melodrama and her impending yet seemingly ever drawn out demise it started to lose me a lot more. I guess I'm just not the same kind of sucker for "the feels" as most are and need a pretty strong reason to get emotionally invested in an anime beyond some girl dying of a mystery disease which if I'm being honest really isn't all that uncommon a storyline as far as J-Drama goes....like at all.
PeacingOutMar 19, 2015 9:38 PM
Mar 19, 2015 9:25 PM

Feb 2008
Such a sad ending....

Overall thoughts on the show are "pretty good." However, I thought the music was really just a "let's add in music to make this artsy." Especially when Kousei is playing and you have the reactions of the audience, those reactions are so forced, it doesn't seem natural. I get it though, this show is more of a drama than a musical show.

I also don't like that the ending is a bit abrupt. Does he get into the school? What does he do after? Does Tsubaki go with him? What about Aiza and Emi?
Mar 19, 2015 9:38 PM

Feb 2012
Ha, she dead as fuck! I just realized he only actually performed with her one time. She not even worth it.
8/10, would've been better if Kousei wasn't emo over his mom's death for so long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 9:41 PM
Jul 2013
Arima was so upset by Kaori's death his hair turned white and he joined the CCG of Tokyo Ghoul
thatnerdyrunnerMar 19, 2015 10:09 PM
Mar 19, 2015 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
Very Fantasia part A. Even at the very surface, one of the best "Title" to meaning of the show I've seen. "Your lie in April" carries so much weight now at the conclusion.

As an anesthesia provider I can't help buy always laugh every time I see operating room conditions because it is always so wrong it's laughable. That said, very very well directed to show the one drop in vital signs and a twitch (again, laughed) to show degeneration and then never again show it. Very well done when incorporated with the "Fantasia" like presentation of events in Part A.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the letter in part B this would of been a week finale. That letter brought everything together regarding them two. I found the relationships to be very one sides and not overly deep but an escape sometimes. Complete perspective change now at least as far as the two mains go.

I don't know what to rate it right now. It's not a 10. The finale is a 10/10 but the show as a whole is not. It was fairly weak in some parts. Biggest issue is the beating a dead horse issue. It was frustrating at times. The sub plots, again, were very weak and didn't affect the big picture (Kousei) in any real significant way. 9 at the most and I'll have to see if there is enough to drop it to a 8. After all, this shit isn't Clannad After Story tier. But it was very very well done. The inserts sealed the deal on this finale. Great show. Romance and drama fans can't be very disappointed.

Regarding this rating argument stuff. It's fairly simple. You see a 10/10 rating and you say "ohhh wtf"...look at their profile --> anime list and I guarantee you you'll see why. Without fail. I'm not going to be derogatory but there is a trend in that data. One of the top 3 is ratio of 10s to total watched. I've seen people with a hundred or so shows with 30-40 10/10 fucking ridiculous. I'm going to break 800 shows after this season and only have felt I've seen 25 10s what is that <3% (and honestly when I hit my rereview of certain shows I'm sure that could get dropped a show or two). In the end it's subjective but most people don't put a ton of consideration into their ratings which is why everyone says take the ratings with a grain of salt. For a show like this which has no barrier and appeals to a lot of people (like FSN which has a huge barrier and thus rating discrepancy) you can expect a relatively high score due to access alone coupled with good direction and design.

Edit: 8/10 Romance is my favorite genre so I see it with biased eyes. It makes it easier to "swoon" me (cliches and all that don't matter) but it needs to be good. This unfortunately, had a wonderful wonderful big picture moment but had a weak journey getting there more times than I wished it had. Still a great show.
IZEROIIMar 19, 2015 10:36 PM
Mar 19, 2015 9:49 PM

Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
xcess090 said:

I seriously wouldn't put too much stock in MAL ratings. This board isn't exactly well known for it's on point criticism and not just ratings and reviewing everything on face value. It's like the Gamefaqs of anime reviews/rankings.

At least I can feel like I'm not the only one that wasn't apparently greatly emotionally moved to absolute waterfall tears by a show like this cause I mean...honestly....lol. I can't tell what makes me more incredulous to read, the claims of being emotionally devastated by the drawn out demise of a character that frankly isn't even all that likeable or interesting or the A-1 verbal fellatio going on with some.

Borgov said:
People are throwing 10/10 like it is nothing at all.

The show was melodramtic, forced interactions, completely went left in the second half and had a sappy ending. Yet this is a 10/10.

Not even angry, just amused that this can go for a 10/10. Maybe my standards are too high but this is as average as it can get.

I personally can't say I'm surprised given the kind of profile KEY/Visual Arts has for similar styles of storytelling, their boundless popularity and the fact that we're currently on MAL. And don't worry you aren't the only person with standards here, it's just increasingly rare to find someone who will even so much as mention the idea anymore. Like where did you come from lol? It's not the first kind of show that has gotten this kind of reaction off of largely pure melodrama for the sake of melodrama (the only characters arcs that I really bought into drama wise were Takeshi's and Emi's as rivals chasing the "genius" Kousei) and it certainly won't be the last. Don't forget there's a new anime written by Jun Maeda the all time king of J-Melodrama sob stories coming out next season after all.

Personally if I have to give a rating it'd be something like 7.5/10 for the first half, 6/10 for the second half. I really didn't mind this show at all when it was about a person trying to find his footing in life via being drawn back into music after a really bad if hammy experience with his mother/tutor, but as time went on I just kind of couldn't by Kaori as a particularly likeable character and as the show slowly started to focus more and more around the romantic melodrama and her impending yet seemingly ever drawn out demise it started to lose me a lot more. I guess I'm just not the same kind of sucker for "the feels" as most are and need a pretty strong reason to get emotionally invested in an anime beyond some girl dying of a mystery disease which if I'm being honest really isn't all that uncommon a storyline as far as J-Drama goes....like at all.
do you whine about other's opinions and views of anime 24/7 on the forums? just curious.
Mar 19, 2015 9:50 PM

Sep 2013
So my theory was right all along. The title is "Your lie in april" because Karou lied about liking Watari and she new who Kousei is since they were kids.

I think its an ok anime. Didnt really liked Kousei and the other characters didnt have much characterization. Everytime Kousei puts on his wimpy face I cringe hard. But I think this is still a good show and definitely better than most anime out there. I consider this a recommendable anime.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 19, 2015 9:51 PM

Sep 2013
So my theory was right all along. The title is "Your lie in april" because Karou lied about liking Watari and she new who Kousei is since they were kids.

I think its an ok anime. Didnt really liked Kousei and the other characters didnt have much characterization. Everytime Kousei puts on his wimpy face I cringe hard. But I think this is still a good show and definitely better than most anime out there. I consider this a recommendable anime.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 19, 2015 10:04 PM

Sep 2010
This anime was a great adaptation with great art and music. It has many fails, but others are pointing them, so it is not needed for me to do it.

It is one of the best shonen drama/romance that I watched , I don't know what some people of this thread expected. The characters of a shonen manga are 13-17 years old, and it will have a Tsundere or more for sure. The characters are not shallow for a shonen manga, they are even getting more deep lines that they had to get, it is impossible for a teenager to give some speechs of this anime.

There are some shonens/drama/romance better than shigatsu but they are not many. You have the Adachi based animes, Beck etc... You have to compare an anime with other of the same kind. I don't think that you can compare it to a josei manga based. It is true that it is a little overrated, but it is a new anime so it allways happens.

I will rate it 8/10 because it was better than I expected. I don't think that it had more potential, it was a simple history and it was really well done
War_lotharMar 19, 2015 10:08 PM
Mar 19, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
beautiful ending
reminding me of the ending of

I give this show solid 9/10
since it can grab my sister's heart too to watch it
Mar 19, 2015 10:10 PM
Mar 2014
Well that was about as devastating as expected.
Mar 19, 2015 10:10 PM

Aug 2013
Ever since the first death flag was raised...and then beaten like a dead horse, I kept saying this wasn't going to be sad. I told myself over and over it wasn't going to be a big deal.

Wellp, I was wrong...that was fucking terribly sad. It was like a snowball effect too. When she first appears and they have their "last performance" I'm like oh god no. Then the second half with the letter was too much...AND THEN they had to throw in the acoustic version of the first ED. It was all aboard the feels train at that point.

Now that the show is over all of the haters with complete shit taste in anime get to come an run their mouths. They bitched through 22 episodes yet still think they have the right to complain...ok

Only real downside of the show, and why I wont rate it higher is because we didn't get more duets. The synopsis made it sound like they were going to play a lot of stuff together, but she was legit in the hospital for 96% of the show. I don't mind the direction the show went in, but I thought the initial impression of the show was misleading. Tsubaki was also annoying as fuck.

For all of the people talking about the "miracle" the studio promised...why on earth did you think that it would happen in the finale?
- First of all, the show was done production before the miracle was even a consideration.
- Second, the post they made about it didn't go up until after episode 21 already aired...which still had a preview at the end.
- They said they would only "make a miracle happen" if they got 10,000 tweets. Why would they have it already made if they didn't know if they would reach the goal or not? If they hadn't it would've been a waste of time and money.
- It's also not going to be the OVA that's already expected to come out. That OVA was announced to be bundled with the manga. The miracle OVA has yet to be officially announced, and will likely take a bit of work to make the alternate ending coherent with the regular story.
Mar 19, 2015 10:16 PM

Aug 2013
43211 said:
Wow, this anime might be better than Mahou Sensou

Leaving stupid ass comments on every page really isn't doing you any favors.

Then again, you have Glasslip in your top 5, so everything you say painfully laughable.
Mar 19, 2015 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
Jonesy974 said:
Ever since the first death flag was raised...and then beaten like a dead horse, I kept saying this wasn't going to be sad. I told myself over and over it wasn't going to be a big deal.

Wellp, I was wrong...that was fucking terribly sad. It was like a snowball effect too. When she first appears and they have their "last performance" I'm like oh god no. Then the second half with the letter was too much...AND THEN they had to throw in the acoustic version of the first ED. It was all aboard the feels train at that point.

Now that the show is over all of the haters with complete shit taste in anime get to come an run their mouths. They bitched through 22 episodes yet still think they have the right to complain...ok

Only real downside of the show, and why I wont rate it higher is because we didn't get more duets. The synopsis made it sound like they were going to play a lot of stuff together, but she was legit in the hospital for 96% of the show. I don't mind the direction the show went in, but I thought the initial impression of the show was misleading. Tsubaki was also annoying as fuck.

For all of the people talking about the "miracle" the studio promised...why on earth did you think that it would happen in the finale?
- First of all, the show was done production before the miracle was even a consideration.
- Second, the post they made about it didn't go up until after episode 21 already aired...which still had a preview at the end.
- They said they would only "make a miracle happen" if they got 10,000 tweets. Why would they have it already made if they didn't know if they would reach the goal or not? If they hadn't it would've been a waste of time and money.
- It's also not going to be the OVA that's already expected to come out. That OVA was announced to be bundled with the manga. The miracle OVA has yet to be officially announced, and will likely take a bit of work to make the alternate ending coherent with the regular story.

This perspective makes absolutely no sense. Why do people not get to have some criticism for a show like this? Because you say so? Because MAL likes trendy one dimensional threads with people saying the same essential shit over and over again with barely any insight beyond "OMG teh feels". If being able to react to something in way that isn't just one extreme or the other makes someone a hater than I will gladly take on that label any day.

Jonesy974 said:
43211 said:
Wow, this anime might be better than Mahou Sensou

Leaving stupid ass comments on every page really isn't doing you any favors.

Then again, you have Glasslip in your top 5, so everything you say painfully laughable.

Yeah this is helpful stuff. You have anime x as a favorite so you suck is basically what you're saying. Everyone on MAL should have the exact same opinion on everything and absolutely no distinction between their posts and others I'm guessing too right? It's really no wonder this site has the reputation it does abroad. I mean I could say you have shows in your top 5 favorites that I wouldn't even consider remotely good and just disregard at you at that level but that would just be incredibly cheap and frankly typical. I'd sooner point to things like your tendency towards harassment of what you perceive as "haters" as a reason not to take what you say particularly seriously because you see demeanor and reasoning are a better standard of objective measure than someones subjective taste in animation.
PeacingOutMar 19, 2015 10:25 PM
Mar 19, 2015 10:36 PM

Jul 2014
Clannad all over again... ;-; 10/10
Mar 19, 2015 10:37 PM

May 2013
RIP best girl

i hope that she didnt die....

it would have been a better ending if she was alive.... T_T

10/10
Mar 19, 2015 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
vikki7783 said:

Dude...not even close. Not even remotely close.

na35899 said:
RIP best girl

i hope that she didnt die....

it would have been a better ending if she was alive.... T_T

10/10

And here is an example of what I was referring to in my origin post.

But such is life.
Mar 19, 2015 10:39 PM

Dec 2009
10/10

T_T
Mar 19, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2011
Beautiful ending but it would be more appropriate if they did show us what happens after with a timeskip. However, I agree with those who have complained about the excessive drama, if the series had concentrated more on the music competition it would be perfect.

8/10

Now, let's see what the OVA holds for us!
Mar 19, 2015 10:50 PM
Jul 2014
8/10 as a whole, 1 point lost simply for the awkward terrible attempt at comedy that killed the mood all those episodes that had it. and 1 point for the shit ending.

0/10 ending
Did not have any feels whatsoever for her death because bittersweet does not effect me. would have been 100x more better if she was alive and they had a moving conversation/confession, this would had easily been in my top 10, but they choose the wrong route for me and this is what they get for ruining a possible masterpiece in my eyes.

the signs that they would mess it up were all there so i wasnt expecting much.
Mar 19, 2015 10:52 PM

May 2013
That ending was BEAUTIFULLY executed. The scene where Kousei was playing the piano at the start (pretty much a farewell for kaori) was soo amazingly animated holy shit. Honestly that one scene probably cost more than it does to develop an entire show. Really sad too, I didn't find it that depressing until around the end when that song started playing, that's when I got that feeling in my throat.. didn't cry though :o

Overall 8/10 and boy is it lucky it's getting this score. ALOT of things pissed me off about this show, like certain characters and the obvious messages that they tried to convey through pretentious dialogue. I honestly thought it would get a 7 at the most. Great show, and what a way to end it. Reccomend to anyone. :)
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Mar 19, 2015 10:58 PM

Aug 2014
It was alright.
The monolouging got really out of hand at some points and the melodrama a little too played up. The ending was a bit predictable to be honest, even if I hadn't picked up the manga. But it was better than I'd expected, both there and here.

OST was pleasant to listen to and the visuals were very pleasing on the eyes. Characters were alright, with a few problems. Story was....okay. Comedy was out of place and weird.

It's more than a little overrated here on MAL but I didn't think it was really a bad show, 7/10.
InsertanamehereMar 20, 2015 9:39 AM
Mar 19, 2015 11:24 PM

Feb 2010
I can agree that this show is over-rated, has it's flaws but I enjoyed it nonetheless cause I focused more on the better things that this series had to offer. Of course the melodrama stuff is what I enjoy and it has to depend on the concept too. I believe that KEY does it best with a few of their works (in my own opinion/not fact).

Besides all that, I enjoyed it, not the greatest and definitely not the worst. Took a long time for me to grow into the series but definitely was worth watching. Loved the ending episode.
Mar 19, 2015 11:24 PM

Aug 2013
vikki7783 said:

Lol.
Not even close.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 19, 2015 11:27 PM

Jan 2015
ugghhhhh lol i hav seen this ending a thousand times in east asian dramas (Kdramas, Jdramas) but who cares i still like it
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Mar 19, 2015 11:29 PM
Jan 2014
i think reason tuski kick kousei was get out his depressed stat ,like being pinched ,it was sad about kaori ,she should told how she felt about him on roof then he would told had same feeling as him ,but it didn't happened ,i understand why she never told kousei ,the whole school knew his child hood friend had feeling for kousei she didn't want interfer with compansions since they very close. she might made enemy if she told tuskabi that kousei was the one she loved. he probably will be closed to her parents now ,i hope tuskubi and kousei get together ,they both lost there special someone she was her best-friend to tsub and kousei was closed to her as friend a . the music was awesome i still like to know who won the event. this anime was to quick for 22 a lot pieces missing
Mar 19, 2015 11:30 PM

Jan 2013
I did not shed any tears for this series up until Kousei read the letter, that moment just broke my heart.

I can't bring myself to give it a 10/10 as much as I want to (guess I just loved Nodame Cantabile and Sakamichi no Apollon too much) but its rating atm is pretty well-deserved. People who have their reasons for not liking this show aren't wrong but they need to stop whining and putting down people who do like it. But oh well all highly-rated anime and manga on this site get called overrated at some point and hey this is MAL.
Mar 19, 2015 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
I loved the Chopin duet.

That is all.
Konbu is important
Pages (24) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

332 by Jalexo »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.