Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Top 200 anime and why those anime part of it

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 4, 2015 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
eturnity said:
Take out the shounen and it would be better.

This. Also take the Seinen out as well, and the list would be rather interesting.

Mar 4, 2015 12:29 PM

Jun 2014
Working_Designs said:
eturnity said:

This. Also take the Seinen out as well, and the list would be rather interesting.

What would be left?
Mar 4, 2015 12:31 PM

Nov 2010
eturnity said:
Now why would you want to take out Aria?
Mar 4, 2015 12:32 PM

Nov 2013
Agafin said:
This might be relevant to the thread:

MyAnimeList Top Anime list evolution since 2007

So is there any era (so to speak) which had a better top anime list? I think the Top 20 anime list was better when there weren't four Gintama entries.

Sad that Death Note dropped off the list though :'(

One Piece was number 2 in 2007 :O And FMA 2003 (along with HxH 1999) have really dropped with time

Holy shit that's weird to see. I've been watching since 2007 but have been a member of MAL for a much shorter time. Good to know I disagree with every top 20 ever on MAL lol.

Jun 2014
Agafin said:
Working_Designs said:

What would be left?

I don't know, but we could put some good stuff in there, like the Precure series. It's so underrated outside of Japan.

Jul 2012
Agafin said:
Working_Designs said:

What would be left?

Josei and Shoujo. I approve
Mar 4, 2015 12:35 PM

Nov 2013
Working_Designs said:
eturnity said:

And the shoujo and josei derp. Genius.
Mar 4, 2015 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
Chouyaku at #1334.
Fuck the top 200 list.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 4, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2013
Working_Designs said:
eturnity said:

Sure. You know what's funny here? That wouldn't suppress a single entry in the list even by doing both. In other words, you're basically saying that the current top 200 anime IS interesting as it is. x)
Some peoples here sure have a hard time understanding this...
Mar 4, 2015 12:42 PM

Aug 2012
Bakuman season 3, Shinsekai Yori, Code Geass, Steins;Gate top 100, I'm happy!~
Shigatsu and Attack on Titan way too overrated....

Mar 4, 2015 12:42 PM

Feb 2015
MAL 200 would be great if Pupa were the 1st
Mar 4, 2015 12:44 PM

Feb 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
eturnity said:
Now why would you want to take out Aria?

Yea, theres a reason why the first season isnt even close to top 200. 728 means that the others drop it. The 58000 members inS1 to 28000 members in season 2 can only mean one thing.
after the first season the later seasons are rank biased.
Mar 4, 2015 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
Zefyris said:
Working_Designs said:

Sure. You know what's funny here? That wouldn't suppress a single entry in the list even by doing both. In other words, you're basically saying that the current top 200 anime IS interesting as it is. x)

What? Almost everything in the top 50 is shounen, and by removing them, the list would look very different.

Mar 4, 2015 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
Skyzblue said:
Chouyaku at #1334.
Fuck the top 200 list.

+11111
Mar 4, 2015 12:57 PM

Feb 2010
Agafin said:

So is there any era (so to speak) which had a better top anime list? I think the Top 20 anime list was better when there weren't four Gintama entries.

One Piece was number 2 in 2007 :O And FMA 2003 (along with HxH 1999) have really dropped with time

That was pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Overall, I'd say I do like the Top 200. Sure, there are things I don't agree, and an incredible amount of things I'd do in a different order (I'm actually doing a Top 100 myself, which is in my profile), but it's good.

Out of the 200 anime in there, I'd seen 123 (if I counted correctly), and of those, I think I gave at least an 8 to 101 of them, which is an amazing 82%, an out of the 22 anime I didn't give an 8, I think I didn't like just 3 of them, while the others were good.

I can disagree in things like having half of the top 10 being just one series (divided in many things), but I think I do like the Top 200.

EDIT: I'd like this more if sequels were consider as just one big thing.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Mar 4, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2012
Personally can't wait for the fifth Gintama Anime to top the charts.

Byebye Code Geass.
Mar 4, 2015 2:35 PM

Apr 2013
Code Geass R2 top 10...

Horrible, disgusting list.
Mar 4, 2015 2:46 PM

Nov 2014
Only Mars of Destruction deserves to be at the top.
Mar 4, 2015 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
While it's far from perfect, I don't think the list is too bad. I can see why most of the top anime are in such high positions and even though many rankings are quite debatable, I still have to find an anime in the top 100 which I find outright bad.
I guess my taste in anime isn't that extravagant...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 4, 2015 2:59 PM

May 2014
HxH 2011 is up there so i am A TINY BIT satisfied.
but MAL= 80% PLEBS so cant expect mush.
Mar 4, 2015 3:00 PM

Mar 2014
TheDerpMan said:
No no no no no

Inferno Cop should be first
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 4, 2015 3:03 PM

Jun 2014
If the top 200 Anime list could be changed so that good Anime was on it, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS would be at the #1 spot. There would also be plenty of Leijiverse stuff there, and other great Magical Girl Anime, like the Precure series.

Mar 4, 2015 3:05 PM
Oct 2011
Comic_Sans said:
TheDerpMan said:
No no no no no

Inferno Cop should be first
Inferno Cop was a good anime.
Mar 4, 2015 3:12 PM

Mar 2013
No matter how shitty you think it is, it could always be worse.
Mar 4, 2015 3:16 PM

Feb 2014
Agafin said:

Wow, nice to see some Eva and Meguca there.

Soooo glad Ouran dropped off the list. Unfortunate about Death Note.

Hellsing Ultimate deserves to be at least in the latter half of the top 20 (it'd be too unrealistic to hope for top 10 Dx )

Mar 4, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
K-On! and K-On!! are ranked #611 and #326, respectively. Therefore, the Top 200 is shit.
Mar 4, 2015 3:33 PM

Dec 2014
Then, which anime fucked up the list? I mean, which anime deserves to be part of top 200? And which are overrated? Btw, thanks to the person that posted the mal top list
Mar 4, 2015 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
They're all overrated. No non-hentai should ever be over a 5.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 4, 2015 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
EvenJellyOn said:
I barely care about the top anime. High School DxD BorN is #11 for example and stuff like Gintama is so praised due to the 1/3 rule and people who dropped the first series would not watch the rest. How else would Gintama' have a 9.40 score?
DxD and Gintama new are votes by time travellers who have seen the series in the future. Their status is only temporary, so it's hardly a good choice to refute MAL top anime.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 4, 2015 5:00 PM

Nov 2013
I honestly don't care about the Top X Lists whatsoever because everyone has different favorites and more importantly, if you compare the top anime list with the most popular anime list then the difference is huge. Can you say an anime with 20K members and a 9.00 rating is better than an anime with 200K members? A lot of anime have biased ratings because they're only watched by a more niche group while the rest drops them and doesn't rate them, while many of the most popular anime are watched by many people and receive a lot of hate simply for being popular and then get many scores of 1.00.
Mar 4, 2015 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
*looks the top anime list* not bad.. *clicks the most popular list* my eyes!
Mar 4, 2015 5:17 PM

Nov 2010
RyanEnsign said:
I honestly don't care about the Top X Lists whatsoever because everyone has different favorites and more importantly, if you compare the top anime list with the most popular anime list then the difference is huge. Can you say an anime with 20K members and a 9.00 rating is better than an anime with 200K members? A lot of anime have biased ratings because they're only watched by a more niche group while the rest drops them and doesn't rate them, while many of the most popular anime are watched by many people and receive a lot of hate simply for being popular and then get many scores of 1.00.
Yes I can say that.
Mar 4, 2015 5:21 PM

Jul 2011
My 10's: 9/11 are in the top 200, i'm ok with it.
Mar 4, 2015 5:29 PM

Sep 2014
FLCL over top 400 omg
Mar 4, 2015 5:44 PM

Dec 2013
Tex--#854

No more need be said...>_>
Mar 4, 2015 5:48 PM
Sep 2014
Gymkata said:
Tex--#854

No more need be said...>_>
Sadly :(
Mar 4, 2015 5:53 PM

Dec 2012
Zefyris said:
Working_Designs said:

His opinion is irrelevant either way, as he didn't watch most of them if any.
Mar 4, 2015 5:56 PM

Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
Zefyris said:

His opinion is irrelevant either way, as he didn't watch most of them if any.

I don't have to watch a certain Anime to know that it looks visually repulsive. I'm sure there's some old school Anime that I love, that you wouldn't touch because you don't like the way it looks.

Mar 4, 2015 6:02 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah, because the most important thing about anime is it's visuals /sarcasm'

We already went through this, and told you I'm not a shallow person like you, and watch what interests me.

Your unfounded opinions based on the ''visuals'' are extremely pointless. I honest to god, don't know or understand why you keep posting those pointless opinions here. 99% of threads on AD are about things you can't even comment on, because you don't watch new anime, yet you do anyway.

Carry on being vapid and pointless.
Mar 4, 2015 6:06 PM

Dec 2013
eturnity said:
Take out the shounen manga adaptation and it would be better.

fixed
90% people who rate those are rating the comic books instead
Mar 4, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2012
Its full of late night dreck so OFC its awful.
Mar 4, 2015 6:12 PM

Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:

We already went through this, and told you I'm not a shallow person like you, and watch what interests me.

Your unfounded opinions based on the ''visuals'' are extremely pointless. I honest to god, don't know or understand why you keep posting those pointless opinions here. 99% of threads on AD are about things you can't even comment on, because you don't watch new anime, yet you do anyway.

Stop saying that I "Don't watch new Anime," when I do watch it in small doses. Last time I checked, the Precure Anime are quite modern, and I've also watched Magic Kaito.

And how are you "Not Shallow," when you have almost no Anime older than 2000 on your list, besides maybe Dragonball.

Mar 4, 2015 6:18 PM

Nov 2013
Working_Designs said:
tsudecimo said:

Stop saying that I "Don't watch new Anime," when I do watch it in small doses. Last time I checked, the Precure Anime are quite modern, and I've also watched Magic Kaito.

And how are you "Not Shallow," when you have almost no Anime older than 2000 on your list, besides maybe Dragonball.

Lol you're both in the wrong because both of you have watched barely any of the anime the other would be referring to.
Mar 4, 2015 6:18 PM

Oct 2013
It shows how many weebs are in MAL
Mar 4, 2015 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
Working_Designs said:

Learn to read:
tsudecimo said:
he didn't watch most of them if any.

That's called the benefit of the doubt.

And last time I checked both of these two anime are not in the top 200, so as per usual, you are shouting your irrelevant opinion that is completely unfounded, using shallow aspects as a way to squeeze in an opinion ''visuals looks terrible''

I imagine the majority of your posts on AD are never on topic, as you have nothing to add to any thread, unless it's about old anime.

Wrong.

YuYu Hakusho
Romeo Blue Skies
All the Digimon stuff
Princess Sara
Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken
Fushigi no Umi no Nadia
Ie Naki Ko Remi
Jin-Rou
NGE
Watashi no Ashinaga Oji-san
Mirai Shounen Conan
Takarajima

Better check my list first.

RyanEnsign said:

Lol you're both in the wrong because both of you have watched barely any of the anime the other would be referring to.

I'm not in any wrong. Read the context of the conversation, before you go herp derp. I don't talk shit, and pretend I have opinions of things I didn't even watch, I don't say Nurse Angel looks shitty for example, because that's pointless, and the visuals are hardly the most important aspect.
Mar 4, 2015 7:53 PM
Nov 2010
I have watched a number of the top 200 anime, and I can definitely understand why they are highly rated. Their ratings are definitely justified. eg. Mushishi, Madoka Magica, Code Geass

Although the administrators really need to implement the option of preventing users from rating an anime that hasn't even aired.
Mar 4, 2015 7:54 PM

Oct 2012
eplipswich said:
Although the administrators really need to implement the option of preventing users from rating an anime that hasn't even aired.
DxD BorN deserves top 10, it doesn't need to air to prove that.
Mar 4, 2015 8:05 PM

Nov 2013
MAL's top 200 fucking suck none those Taiwanese cartoon's deserve to be there why isn't mars of desu~truction numer 1?!?!?! COME ON PEOPLE!!
[

Mar 4, 2015 8:07 PM

Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
Working_Designs said:

Learn to read:
tsudecimo said:
he didn't watch most of them if any.

That's called the benefit of the doubt.

And last time I checked both of these two anime are not in the top 200, so as per usual, you are shouting your irrelevant opinion that is completely unfounded, using shallow aspects as a way to squeeze in an opinion ''visuals looks terrible''

I imagine the majority of your posts on AD are never on topic, as you have nothing to add to any thread, unless it's about old anime.

Wrong.

YuYu Hakusho
Romeo Blue Skies
All the Digimon stuff
Princess Sara
Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken
Fushigi no Umi no Nadia
Ie Naki Ko Remi
Jin-Rou
NGE
Watashi no Ashinaga Oji-san
Mirai Shounen Conan
Takarajima

Better check my list first.

That's still not very many. Here's a few of what newer shows I've completed:

Bannou Yasai Ninninman
Early Reins
Futari wa Precure(Currently watching)
Magic Kaito
Meat or Die
Murder Princess
Noein
Ojii-san no Lamp
Otogi-Jushi Akazukin OVA
Pale Cocoon
Rain Town
Senyuu.
Senyuu. 2
Suki na Mono wa Suki Dakara Shou ga Nai!!
Tansu Warashi.
Tsumiki no Ie

So, as you can see, I'm fully capable of watching newer Anime, and there are more I'm interesting in watching as well.

Mar 4, 2015 8:09 PM

Dec 2012
That's not the point, your reading comprehension is terrible as usual, we are not comparing who watched more (most of your new anime are shorts anyway).

Don't talk shit about anime you didn't watch, and pretend you have valid opinions on them <<<<<<<< The point.

Spare AD your pointless posts, that is all.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - 9 hours ago

39 by Lucifrost »»
5 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

99 by Lucifrost »»
24 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Today

53 by RuuryMercury »»
48 minutes ago

» Filler arcs are not that bad, you're just too old and have access to the internet.

LenRea - Jun 9

30 by PeripheralVision »»
1 hour ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga? ( 1 2 )

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

68 by Hikinekomori »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.