Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2015 5:27 AM

Oct 2012
Great heartwarming story...It's sad, but i'm really glad they're end up together before got reincarnate together..

Hope both of them be happy together after reincarnated~ :')
Jan 26, 2015 6:17 AM

Oct 2013
Decim so troll! Heartwarming episode :)
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jan 26, 2015 6:22 AM

Sep 2009
well at least they both got reincarnated, i though for a second one of them is going to the void/hell
Jan 26, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2013
"Will five minutes be enough?" LOL Decim's joking hahaha ...

This episode's great, opened new possibilities for further story development. To think they both got reincarnated and had 'a happy ending', that's unexpected.
A Place Further Than The Universe is the best anime so far
Jan 26, 2015 9:49 AM

Aug 2010
I was hoping for an episode like this, although I'm not sure what to expect that they have included it so early in the season. Since I find it unlikely that it will be repeated, I guess from now on every story will have at least one person ending up in the Void, which is a shame. The writing could be a little less predictable, but enjoyed the healing aspect through and through, 5/5.

Also, what's wrong with you Japan?

Childhood friend wins --> They both die.

Very funny.
Jan 26, 2015 9:57 AM

Dec 2014
5/5
Jan 26, 2015 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
damn i love this ending theme
Jan 26, 2015 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
awesome eps
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 26, 2015 5:35 PM

Oct 2014
Good to know they both reincarnated
Jan 26, 2015 5:38 PM

Jan 2009
Gladly they both get reincarnated, tbh i expected some plot twists
Jan 26, 2015 6:07 PM

Mar 2013
great episode. made me wanna watch it every week.

Jan 26, 2015 7:05 PM

Aug 2014
I was so happy the two of them were reincarnated. They deserved it. This was definitely a feel good episode, and I can honestly say I didn't expect there to be any for this anime. But I loved the two in this one and I'm happy neither of them had to have their soul sent to the void. The next episode, however... Looks like it'll be a heartbreaker.
Jan 27, 2015 4:14 AM

Mar 2013
Kurokami and Decim make a great team :)
This time we had such a lovely story and a beautiful ending.
5/5
Jan 27, 2015 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
After a bad result in the previous episode, I'm glad to see this one is the total opposite :D It's nice to know both people can be reincarnated at the same time, I was worried every game will be played by people with extremely dark past so thank god thats not the case. But it shows the fact that there could be couples that are so terrible in the future that both might get sent to the void.

I hope Kurokami can assist Decim and the others more in the future judgements to prevent the wrong people from going into the void :)
Jan 27, 2015 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
Ok this was a nice change from that horrid first case.
This episode was cute and even though I was worried something bad was going to happen, I was never scared.
So they both reincarnated right? I'm glad to know. None of them deserved going to hell. She always loved him and decided to have surgery to have some chances with him. It's kindda sad but I wouldn't say she deserved some kind of punishment. He did the right thing though. They both got a wonderful date before departing.
Jan 27, 2015 8:07 AM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode. Very different take than what I had expected, I honestly didn't want these two to have a problem between one another. I'm glad they could be together in the end.. end.
Jan 27, 2015 12:08 PM

Mar 2009
Yay! A happy ending! <3
I was wondering if we'd ever get one, the episode was very sweet.

Now to tell us what happens in case of a tie/draw!

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Jan 27, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
grave_robber said:

The game's outcome doesn't matter, it's only used as means to gradually make the players remember pivotal events that happened before their death.

The deceased's actions and behavior during the game is what counts.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 27, 2015 3:19 PM

Aug 2009
Huh, a happy ending. I sure didn't expect that. Really liked it though, good stuff.
Jan 27, 2015 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
Maledict said:
grave_robber said:

The game's outcome doesn't matter, it's only used as means to gradually make the players remember pivotal events that happened before their death.

The deceased's actions and behavior during the game is what counts.

Yep. It is used to draw out the emotions of the players and for Decim to see how each person acts and reacts during said emotions. Since they don't know whether to reincarnate them or not, this helps to for "judges" to make the final decision during the games where the players become most vulnerable and emotional, and show their "true self".
Jan 27, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2012
When they said she had a surgery at first and seeing how everyone looked so surprised in the flashbacks, I thought she had a gender reassignment surgery or something along those lines. I feel like the whole plastic surgery thing wasn't too much of a big deal imo. Anyways, a good episode and I'm looking forward to next week!
Jan 27, 2015 3:44 PM

Dec 2014
Hooray! They were both reincarnated, that makes me so happy :)

So far, this really is my favorite episode because unlike the other two which were kinda creepy (even though this anime does have that kinda vice) I liked how this one had instead a light mood. I thought one of them was going to be sent to hell for sure. Overall, loved it!! :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2015 7:42 PM
Jul 2012
I'm going to agree with each and everyone of you........... yeah this is a heart warming and healing episode :)

10/5 XD

Ferax said:
so if 2 people can reincarnate i guess we are going to get a ep were 2 people go to the void

oh boy.... that is a good possibility 0_0
Jan 27, 2015 7:48 PM
Jul 2012
Juhnny said:
She always loved him and decided to have surgery to have some chances with him. It's kindda sad but I wouldn't say she deserved some kind of punishment. He did the right thing though. They both got a wonderful date before departing.

She get surgery because she wanted to move on seeing she does not have a chance with him since they are drifting apart (based from her memories)...and well the rest is history. She did not deserve punishment or what so ever bad
Jan 27, 2015 8:02 PM

Mar 2013
What a great episode.
Really sucks that any human that enters their world is absolutely assumed to be dead and I don't really find any satisfaction in that considering what happened this ep.
I'm just really glad they didn't turn this show to just be completely grim-dark and edgy.
Jan 27, 2015 9:02 PM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
Heartwarming episode, for a bit I thought one of them had to go to the void even though both of them were so nice, its great they both got to live again.
Jan 27, 2015 9:11 PM
Nov 2011
I got kind of confused about the girls background story.
And throughout the episode, I was waiting for the "breakdown" but I am glad to see that both of the members can end up in the same position and think that they both deserve reincarnation.
Jan 27, 2015 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode, ending was a bit of a surprise and twist though
Jan 28, 2015 3:54 AM

Jun 2008
Yes this seemed unexpectedly sweet which honestly just makes me fear what we will get next episode. It feels like they threw some sweat healing story on ass before they completely fuck us up.

So in the end after getting in the elevator her plastic surgery disappeared or something? Strange because in the flashbacks her eyes didn't seem to have a problem while her looks on the elevator show her with having problem with one eye.

Landos said:
Why does this show only do two people? Why not everyone who died in the bus?

Things are too convenient for my liking and the choosing of the individuals doesn't make any sense.

7/10. Decent episode but we need more information on how the world works.

I raised similar questions before. Like what happens when someone dies alone or two complete strangers die(what is the point playing together if they don't even know each other etc).
I guess the only way we can just keep watching is assuming that other people are handled at different places and that Decim's bar isn't the only place dead people go do but there are many places doing work and he just handles those specific cases.
MonadJan 28, 2015 4:28 AM
Jan 28, 2015 5:38 AM

Nov 2014
Lame episode... It seems most people liked it though. But no really depth to it if we compare it to the first and even second.
Holo said:
"There is no better time to part, then when we wish for it never to end."
Satou said:
"It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself... Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers... "

Jan 28, 2015 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
So tragic. At least both of them got reincarnated. The bowling arena was beautiful as well, the environment as well as playing with each other's heart.
Jan 28, 2015 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
evanlai said:
Juhnny said:
She always loved him and decided to have surgery to have some chances with him. It's kindda sad but I wouldn't say she deserved some kind of punishment. He did the right thing though. They both got a wonderful date before departing.

She get surgery because she wanted to move on seeing she does not have a chance with him since they are drifting apart (based from her memories)...and well the rest is history. She did not deserve punishment or what so ever bad

Ok, thank you. I didn't interpret that way.
Jan 28, 2015 11:22 AM
Aug 2013
how to get noticed by senpai:
1. get a plastic surgery
2. become very kawaii
3. die (both at the same time and, if possible, place)
4. finally have a chance to speak with him properly
5. make him think you're someone else
6. kick his ass in bowling
7. make him realize who you really are
8. go on a date
Jan 28, 2015 2:20 PM
Dec 2014
Im glad Shigeru knew that she was Mai but treated her as if she was Chisato in order to not ruin the moment they had before their passing. He gave himself and Mai a happy time before they were reincarnated.

A heartwarming episode indeed.
Jan 28, 2015 6:04 PM

Nov 2014
Yay they both reincarnated! That was so sad...but happy at the same time because they reincarnated, but sad because this was their one "date" after they realized they were dead...

The bowling was awesome though, and the scenery looked so beautiful.

Decim being all "Will 5 minutes be enough?" was so LOL

The preview music is so good, I love hearing it after every episode xD

After the outcome of this episode, I'm anticipating a future episode to have two people that go insane and both get sent to the void lmao that would be interesting!
Jan 28, 2015 9:46 PM
Jun 2009
JsaKim said:
Im glad Shigeru knew that she was Mai but treated her as if she was Chisato in order to not ruin the moment they had before their passing. He gave himself and Mai a happy time before they were reincarnated.

A heartwarming episode indeed.

After knowing, I don't think he treated her as Chisato, but simply as the cute girl he was after...

But there are a few things I do not understand about this episode:

1- Many of you wrote that both of them deserved Reincarnation, but we don't know anything about them apart from their relationship... what makes you think so?
2- And if that was right anyway, what was the point for Decim? Was there anything to judge at all?

I liked the episode, especially the no fight thing, that was very different, but it doesn't make sense to me why it needed to happen..
Jan 29, 2015 12:59 AM

Oct 2008
This anime is clever. It's simple but a lot of impact.

Jan 29, 2015 4:23 AM

Oct 2007
hope this isn't gonna end like jigoku shoujo, like not at all and without any plot progress or storyline whatsoever
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2015 4:52 AM

Dec 2013
Very good episode after the disappointing second one.

Explores the concept of the show quite nicely with a very different scenario.

The character design, or the sameface problem to be more precise, is getting glaring tho. At least for me. Even male and female characters only really differ in a slight variation of chin width.
This is really problematic when facial reconstruction surgery is an actual plot point in the show, yet you still notice no difference in the character that got it. It's almost as if the studio is making fun of itself.
Jan 29, 2015 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
Episode really moving, I shed many tears as I was in the days of Clannad.
Narrative that kept me in suspense, I had a lump in my throat that has melted only at the end when I realized the truth behind the story of the fake Chisato.
Funny characters Decim and Death.
Very nice opening and ending.
Big this show.
Jan 29, 2015 2:41 PM

Dec 2014
The bowling part was kind of tense. Every time they bowled the ball I thought something bad was going to happen. Oh well. Turned out to be a nice, heart warming episode.
Jan 29, 2015 5:16 PM

Sep 2011
Im so glad this show was willing to show that not every contestant that enters the bar has done something wrong or cant think properly and collectively, it was such a heartwarming/heartbreaking episode and im glad both were reincarnated

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 29, 2015 10:11 PM
Jun 2009
JizzyHitler said:
Im so glad this show was willing to show that not every contestant that enters the bar has done something wrong

That's my issue here.
Why do they even need to go to Quindecim then?
Jan 30, 2015 12:19 AM

Jan 2014
Well.. they were kinda cute. But this one was not as interesting as the first two episodes imo.
Jan 30, 2015 8:01 AM

Oct 2013
This was a really nice episode. They really love each other and you can see that they were really friends before...
Jan 30, 2015 8:48 AM

Nov 2007
geearf said:
JizzyHitler said:
Im so glad this show was willing to show that not every contestant that enters the bar has done something wrong

That's my issue here.

Have you seen Death Billiards? The old guy didn't do anything wrong. It was never suggested that doing something wrong is a factor in arriving at Quindecim, or that it's even a factor in your judgment.

The only factor for arriving at Quindecim is that you died at the same time as someone else, and the factor that determines your fate is your behavior during the game.

Quindecim is designed to sort people out, to determine which direction to send them in the afterlife. If only people who did something wrong were sent there, it would suggest that Quindecim's function is unnecessary since there would be some kind of prejudgment filter in effect.

As it stands, Quindecim has been shown to be the sole mechanism between these people's death and afterlife, giving the arbiters 100% responsibility for sorting the visitors out correctly. It's also been shown that the arbiters are not infallible, and must make these determinations based on select memories and limited information; this makes things interesting.

The games are designed to try to help the arbiters make the correct determinations, although it is not foolproof, so they must be diligent to ensure their final decision is the correct one.

So "why do they even need to go to Quindecim"? Because they died at the same time as someone else, and the fate appropriate for them must be determined at Quindecim. That's what we know so far, anyways.
Jan 30, 2015 10:56 AM
Jun 2009
Azrael_STX said:
geearf said:

That's my issue here.

Have you seen Death Billiards? The old guy didn't do anything wrong. It was never suggested that doing something wrong is a factor in arriving at Quindecim, or that it's even a factor in your judgment.

The only factor for arriving at Quindecim is that you died at the same time as someone else, and the factor that determines your fate is your behavior during the game.

Quindecim is designed to sort people out, to determine which direction to send them in the afterlife. If only people who did something wrong were sent there, it would suggest that Quindecim's function is unnecessary since there would be some kind of prejudgment filter in effect.

As it stands, Quindecim has been shown to be the sole mechanism between these people's death and afterlife, giving the arbiters 100% responsibility for sorting the visitors out correctly. It's also been shown that the arbiters are not infallible, and must make these determinations based on select memories and limited information; this makes things interesting.

The games are designed to try to help the arbiters make the correct determinations, although it is not foolproof, so they must be diligent to ensure their final decision is the correct one.

So "why do they even need to go to Quindecim"? Because they died at the same time as someone else, and the fate appropriate for them must be determined at Quindecim. That's what we know so far, anyways.

In Death Billiards, the old man was at least a bully when he was young.
Then not sure if he did anything else "wrong".
The other guy cheated on his girlfriend, and again no clue about the rest.

As for the rest, maybe you are right, maybe it is irrelevant, I'll rewatch.
Jan 30, 2015 11:20 PM

Jul 2012
Another stellar episode to top off episode 1. This was insanely cute yet intense at the same time. Thank you, based Madhouse!

Peralisc said:
hope this isn't gonna end like jigoku shoujo, like not at all and without any plot progress or storyline whatsoever

I honestly wouldn't mind, if it can keep up this quality.
Jan 30, 2015 11:44 PM

May 2013
Wow! Good for both of them being reincarnated. A good game of bowling is such a fun experience, especially with that special someone.
Jan 31, 2015 4:45 AM

Jun 2013
So Onna assists Decim in overseeing the death game.

Shigeru and Chisato arrive in the Quindecim for another death game. As the game continues, each of them remembers about their past and death. It is then revealed that Chisato was actually Mai, who was Shigeru's childhood friend, but she underwent surgery to look like Chisato. She was in love with him and wanted to catch his eye for her.

Shigeru also knows that she went to plastic surgery. However, he still wishes to date with her until their last moment. That's amazing. Sugoi!

I'm pretty glad that in the end, they are both sent to be reincarnated.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Wish it ha a season 2 :(

BhuvanSiesta - Apr 15, 2022

37 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Jun 15, 12:13 PM

» Let’s just talk about this for a second

Phroggy_44 - Aug 25, 2023

20 by APolygons2 »»
Jun 15, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

664 by TheCrazyCoco »»
Jun 14, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2015

675 by Cherru »»
Jun 13, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

599 by Hugsgs »»
May 26, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.