Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2014 4:49 PM

Nov 2013
NwAurion said:
Having Lucifer was also pointless. He showed up for like two minutes tops. In some earlier episode where he had a short talk with Beelzebub, and like 5 seconds while putting up a shield.

He'll probably return as the main antagonist in season 2.
Dec 29, 2014 5:00 PM

Sep 2013
Amazing show with an awesome final episode, Good thing Favaro is still alive. SEASON 2 CONFIRMATION AT THE END?
Dec 29, 2014 5:04 PM

Jul 2014
Wow just Wow really love this series ;)

Nice play Favaro and Kaisar ;) but what? cut your hand? Wow this guy ;) thats why i love SnB

Story = very good (8)
Art = good (7)
Character = great (9) who doesn't like FAVROOOOO? ;)
ost = Good (7)
Enjoyment = 9 ;)
Overall= 8/10
Dec 29, 2014 5:10 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty good. Favaro is MC of the season.
Dec 29, 2014 5:14 PM

Dec 2013
Great ending for an overall great series. Definitely one of the few series I liked this season. I'll admit that I teared up a little bit though TT^TT Godly animation and art style though.
LOL @ Favaro's goatee.
Dec 29, 2014 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
HandsomeMan said:
NwAurion said:
Having Lucifer was also pointless. He showed up for like two minutes tops. In some earlier episode where he had a short talk with Beelzebub, and like 5 seconds while putting up a shield.

Same for Azazel I honestly don't think he's the type of character to join the good guys..
Dec 29, 2014 5:19 PM

Jun 2011
eXtacy67 said:

Boring is the very last thing I would use to describe this show, I don't understand how anyone would think so.

Well, it wasn't boring nor bad, it was... well, 'fine'.
HandsomeMan said:
NwAurion said:

The only real antagonist is Bahamut, if there was some persona to him it wouldn't even be up for debate.

Blue Beard would fit probably as alternative, but he was rekt as everybody else basically in one fight, so I don't know...
LIFE_TO_PRIESTDec 29, 2014 5:28 PM
I am the Wrath of God. Who else is with me?
Dec 29, 2014 5:24 PM

Jul 2014
hoootie said:
Z4k said:

Side characters had no progression? Tell me what side character of f/sn had any progression. Shinji was evil because of reasons we won't even know. In all those episodes of talking and whatnot hardly anyone knows the motives of the side characters.

Well F/SN isn't even done yet. Shinji is probably the worst character there, good job picking the one. Overall, if you look at storyline, animation, and music, F/SN is way superior to bahamut.

You might not like the story, and it does have a few flaws, but it's interesting, and the worldt they present is engulfing. In bahamut, the story just falls apart and as bland as some evil dudes will revive bahamut, and our protagonists will kill him. Hurray!

Animation wise, the fights and fluidity is better in F/SN

And music wise, Bahamut had some good OST's, but not as good as F/SN imo. Also a totally not fitting to the plot death metal OP. It's not a bad song, but seriously we are watching a medieval fantasy tail, death metal lmao.

Trying to compare bahamut vs Fate, It is quite unfair. Fate have LN waht suppot the story, and talking about the story in anime it have 3 episode of 50 minute. I'm not saying "Fate is bad", i like it alot, but with only 12 episode was really epic, even if it feel a little rushed.

pd; my english suck..... deal with it :P
Dec 29, 2014 5:31 PM

Nov 2013
Z4k said:
HandsomeMan said:

Same for Azazel I honestly don't think he's the type of character to join the good guys..

Yeah, probably. And Jeanne will take Amira's place haha. Or she might revolt against the new commander when he decides to help Favaro do something "unethical" (I can already see this one coming). There is still so much that can be covered to be honest, like the other demons who represent the other seven deadly sins for example.
Dec 29, 2014 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
Personally I like Bahamut as a antagonist, a just destructive force that moves the whole plot and makes danger loom over the series in it's entirety. I don't get why people are saying the villains are lacking, Bahamut and Lavvaley/Martinet are great. I don't know why people act like that big red doofus is the main antagonist, or saying he brings down the villains, since people are talking about Fate on this thread it would be like saying Shinji makes Fate villains bad.

Martinet knew what he was doing, he was just one of those big bads that wanted to see the world burn, a Joker if you will.
Jaywalker.
Dec 29, 2014 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
What's up with that ending?
Two males riding into sunset, while the girl get demoted?
Patriarchy much?
Stop oppressing women and check your knight privilege

This is why I need feminism
"Burn the heretics"
Dec 29, 2014 6:09 PM

Feb 2014
Which way is the wind blowing?
To a second season!

(I hope)
Dec 29, 2014 6:09 PM

Aug 2013
Final quite exciting, as expected Favaro was destined to face Bahamut, but thought it was destroyed quite easy also enjoyed seeing the end of the anime as well as in the beginning with Kaisar and Favaro running horse

The anime itself was good, nothing very memorable, but now was well nice, and has a good animation and soundtrack, I hope that even has a second season because the story can develop more, would like to see Kaisar and Jeanne as a couple, what Rita was doing after Bahamut being defeated and Favaro try to recover Amira ..
Dec 29, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I'll keep the 7/10 score for the series for one main reason - while the anime made an excellent job in blending card characters and developing the band of four, the general storyline felt clumsy and indeed a whole lot was left unexplained - why did Beelzebub wanted to destroy the world (the evil laughter didn't do it for me), what was Martinet's purpose - to rule the world? Why couldn't he control the Bahamut? For example, I could assume that Bahamut was a force that could be sealed (with sacrifices) but never controlled. On the other side, there's Martinet who 'came prepared' with a skillfully crafted evil plot, yet he 'apparently' omitted the most important part. Lucifer was shown loving to bully humans and childish enough to get taunted himself, which I liked, because he was dethroned from the predictable evil OP usage, still - wtf happened - was the demon guild like this or did the Bahamut's genesis this time changed the structure of the guild to something new?

Well, I guess I can take the outcome as an introduction, but really would like to see the story fleshed out. The development of the central characters was very good, especially the notion of them being accidentally dragged into something unimaginable. Unimaginable it was, but please put more meat to the world, the story, and the characters of that 'real' plot.

Rita - best girl, after all ^^
Favaro - best eyes :)
Dec 29, 2014 6:29 PM

Nov 2012
zellami said:
Well, I'll keep the 7/10 score for the series for one main reason - while the anime made an excellent job in blending card characters and developing the band of four, the general storyline felt clumsy and indeed a whole lot was left unexplained - why did Beelzebub wanted to destroy the world (the evil laughter didn't do it for me), what was Martinet's purpose - to rule the world? Why couldn't he control the Bahamut? For example, I could assume that Bahamut was a force that could be sealed (with sacrifices) but never controlled. On the other side, there's Martinet who 'came prepared' with a skillfully crafted evil plot, yet he 'apparently' omitted the most important part. Lucifer was shown loving to bully humans and childish enough to get taunted himself, which I liked, because he was dethroned from the predictable evil OP usage, still - wtf happened - was the demon guild like this or did the Bahamut's genesis this time changed the structure of the guild to something new?

Well, I guess I can take the outcome as an introduction, but really would like to see the story fleshed out. The development of the central characters was very good, especially the notion of them being accidentally dragged into something unimaginable. Unimaginable it was, but please put more meat to the world, the story, and the characters of that 'real' plot.

? I'm going to assume you just have the villains names all mismatched. I don't know what you're getting about with Azazel-I assume instead of Lucifer- and the stuff about the demon guild, all in all yeah it probably did change since their leader Demon Lord Satan wasn't around due to Bahamut, but IDK what you mean. Beelzebub, who seemed to be the one who wanted to rule, to me appears was tricked by Martinet, considering Martinet said Demons were included with gods and humans in things he manipulated. Martinet who wanted to destroy the world probably did so because he's a psycho, like the Joker, he gets off of on the mightiest people's hopes being crushed or whatever he said the episode before this one and likes destruction.
Jaywalker.
Dec 29, 2014 6:31 PM

Sep 2014
Hmmm, I honestly thought the finale was a bit lacking after the build up from last week. Like a few posters have mentioned, I don't buy Martinet/Lavalley's motive in reviving Bahamut. Whatever, it's a dark fantasy genre. It is what it is. I was expecting Lucifer to be involved in this mess but he didn't show up.

Overall, it was a great ride. This series was a late pickup but going through the first 5 episodes in one go was so much fun. There were several epic moments which make this show so memorable. I only wished it was longer than 12 episodes. They probably could flesh out the characters and even out the pacing more. Hope there's a second season in the future!

[/center]
Dec 29, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
This should have been a 24 episode show then I would give it a 10/10. Now it's just sitting on 8 since pretty much everything else was good apart from the pacing and CGI dragron.
Dec 29, 2014 6:42 PM

Dec 2013
Ending was kinda bittersweet, dat double hair color Fava was too cool, Kaisar lost an arm ;-, am i the only one that spotted CG Rita? Nice ending, 4/5

A wonderful tale, 9/10. Score may rise or drop upon further reflection.

TachiiFeb 3, 2015 2:44 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 29, 2014 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
Epicenter said:
zellami said:

? I'm going to assume you just have the villains names all mismatched. I don't know what you're getting about with Azazel-I assume instead of Lucifer- and the stuff about the demon guild, all in all yeah it probably did change since their leader Demon Lord Satan wasn't around due to Bahamut, but IDK what you mean. Beelzebub, who seemed to be the one who wanted to rule, to me appears was tricked by Martinet, considering Martinet said Demons were included with gods and humans in things he manipulated. Martinet who wanted to destroy the world probably did so because he's a psycho, like the Joker, he gets off of on the mightiest people's hopes being crushed or whatever he said the episode before this one and likes destruction.

Oh, yeah, I am sorry, I meant Azazel, not Lucifer.
Well, I got that Martinet was this kind of a character - I wish he wouldn't be only that :)
Dec 29, 2014 6:53 PM

Oct 2013
Others have said it already but I'll say it again as well: Bahamut was the surprise of the season. And again I'm damn glad the synopsis on MAL was changed early on from that "based on a card game" one that made me & surely many,many others who didn't see the trailer skip out on it(although people would've picked it up eventually I guess). Congrats to MAPPA for achieving what they did considering their "source material".

The only reason why I'm giving it an 8/10 and not higher is mostly because of my own preferences as I would've preferred a little more characterization and somewhat more interesting villains. The plot was indeed a somewhat generic one but it was well executed that it didn't really bother me.

All in all, I'd say Bahamut is a show that pretty much everyone can enjoy should NOT be missed. It might not be considered a great anime for some viewers but under no circumstance can it be considered anything less than good.
Dec 29, 2014 6:55 PM

Mar 2011
Can anybody tell me where I can find Bahamut thread? Cause I keep looking but I keep on getting to F/SN thread

Dec 29, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2010
Nice ending! I knew Favaro will be the holy Knight things! xD serves him right LOL!
and....dat kissing scene...awwww....Amira ;A; I guess this is clean end. No season 2 since Bahamut is disappeared, just not dead. xD A movie is ok tho, just season 2 is out of my mind with this ending.

Dec 29, 2014 7:39 PM

Oct 2011
Its over T___T
Dec 29, 2014 7:49 PM
Oct 2014
Anime of the year IMO 10/10
Dec 29, 2014 8:00 PM
Oct 2014
hoootie said:
Z4k said:

Side characters had no progression? Tell me what side character of f/sn had any progression. Shinji was evil because of reasons we won't even know. In all those episodes of talking and whatnot hardly anyone knows the motives of the side characters.

Well F/SN isn't even done yet. Shinji is probably the worst character there, good job picking the one. Overall, if you look at storyline, animation, and music, F/SN is way superior to bahamut.

You might not like the story, and it does have a few flaws, but it's interesting, and the worldt they present is engulfing. In bahamut, the story just falls apart and as bland as some evil dudes will revive bahamut, and our protagonists will kill him. Hurray!

Animation wise, the fights and fluidity is better in F/SN

And music wise, Bahamut had some good OST's, but not as good as F/SN imo. Also a totally not fitting to the plot death metal OP. It's not a bad song, but seriously we are watching a medieval fantasy tail, death metal lmao.
I understand it from your perspective and your core, But i don't think bahamut ever meant to tell some oscar worthy story. From the get go it seemed to be about having a nice, action packed and fun ride. It's op is the way it is for that very reason lol. I understand it not being your cup of tea, but I feel its only fair to judge something by what it sets out to do. I don't even understand why anybody keeps trying to compare it to fate stay night when they set out to do different things.
Dec 29, 2014 8:03 PM

Jan 2014
A great and cool show! But I don't think there should be a sequel xD
Dec 29, 2014 8:12 PM

Mar 2013
Favaro with his hair down tho
Dec 29, 2014 8:16 PM

Aug 2014
Amira = Best Girl
Dec 29, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
I...want more.Hopefully ''I'll be back'' really means something, and if it does, it's about another season - not recap movie or just movie (which still would be cool, but this series deserves S2)
Anyways, Rita and Favaro ftw.

FAVAROOO!! 8/10
Dec 29, 2014 8:25 PM
May 2014
Great finale, this series started well but eventually got worse in the second half. I feel like they wanted to go somewhere with this but didn't have enough times. Characters like the demons and Jeanne could've easily been left out. Also that asspull romance at the end was too out of nowhere. The execution was there but unfortunately the writing not so much. This had potential to be much more but only if they had more time to flesh out everything. This series is definitely a step towards the good direction though, the production values were top notch, they just need the storytelling to match it up and we could get some amazing series. Looking forward to more out of MAPPA.

Final score: 6/10
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Dec 29, 2014 8:30 PM
Jan 2013
WeylynMaze said:
I understand it from your perspective and your core, But i don't think bahamut ever meant to tell some oscar worthy story. From the get go it seemed to be about having a nice, action packed and fun ride. It's op is the way it is for that very reason lol. I understand it not being your cup of tea, but I feel its only fair to judge something by what it sets out to do. I don't even understand why anybody keeps trying to compare it to fate stay night when they set out to do different things.

That was actually well put. I generally don't like mindless action. But I still think a fantasy world should be engulfing, which it really didn't do to me. I didn't understand the world at all or how it worked. Bahamut that was destroying everything (since when?), bounties turning into cards, an unexplained antagonist etc. I guess that's what you're saying, such a show doesn't need the explanations, you just enjoy the ride. Personally though, I still think a great action show should have things well explained, and shouldn't leave openings for so many questions.
Dec 29, 2014 8:30 PM

Aug 2014
Great ending and we even got a kiss to end it off!
Dec 29, 2014 8:40 PM
Apr 2014
Now that was one hell of an ending.
Dec 29, 2014 8:47 PM

Mar 2014
Pretty awesome way to end the series. It's been fun to watch. Giving the anime 8/10.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Dec 29, 2014 8:55 PM

Sep 2011
Having let this episode sit more, i must say that scene between favaro and amira was simply beautiful, probably one of my favorite scenes of the year. Its such a bittersweet farewell but done in such a hopeful feeling way.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 29, 2014 8:59 PM

Nov 2011
This show came out of nowhere and blew me away. I loved everything about it - from the mythology of the universe, to the unique and interesting characters, to the amazing production value. Studio MAPPA has been a real standout this year with Zankyou no Terror, Garo, and this. Certainly in my top 3 shows of the year.
Dec 29, 2014 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
This anime was incredible !

Every seconds of this last episode were intense, thanks to this great animation and this special chara-design that distinguishes "Shingeki no Bahamut" of the classicals animes.

OSTs were great from start to finish.
Thank you for this weeks of pleasures.
9/10.
Dec 29, 2014 10:16 PM

Jul 2011
Wonderful. ;_;

Favoro looks hot. :o

FavaxAmira scene was heartbreaking. ;______; and lovely.

9/10! Must watch!
Dec 29, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2014
BEST ANIME OF THE SEASON.
I ALMOST skipped it, after hearing it was based off a mobile card game. And I am SO glad i didn't, ive been hooked since the first episode. What a way to wrap it up. Was a tad rushed, but i couldn't have imagined it any other way.
The only question i have is, what happened to Rita? And the black demon?

10/10. Masterpiece in my book.
CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 2. or even an OVA. Just want more.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 29, 2014 10:40 PM

Oct 2013
Okay yeah I fucking loved both this finale and this series. Seriously, I was not expecting much after the first episode, even the second, but this just got better and better. Biggest surprise of the year WITHOUT A DOUBT and pretty much the series I had the absolute most fun with.

This show had better damn well get a sequel.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 29, 2014 10:52 PM

May 2013
Bahamut was so intense. That much destruction really would destroy the world. Favaro and Kaisar still stay friends until the end. Favaro who was obviously the Holy Knight, succeeded in defeating Bahamut. That scene with Favaro and Amira was beautiful. I want to see Amira again! I want a sequel immediately!

This was certainly a success. This last episode made me increase my score from 7 to 8/10.
Dec 29, 2014 11:14 PM

Jul 2013
I give a big round of applause for MAPPA doing this series, for it's story, characters, animation/art, and music were just phenomenal. Hell, I think they are on par with Ufotable's animation and art style imo, but still they have a long way to go to reach it.

Though I'm kind of disappointed that it is only 12 episodes, and I wished it was longer. I could tell it rushed everything at the end, but at the same time it felt satisfying. That fight scene between Favaro and Kaiser was just, OMG, it made me repeat it like 5 times when I watched it for the first time. Overall, ending felt satisfying, and I enjoyed the show throughout the run.

8.5/10, that ending title card felt like a teaser for season 2, I sure hope so.

Dec 29, 2014 11:40 PM

Jan 2014
CreamZi said:
Bahamut was so intense. That much destruction really would destroy the world.

It was even lobbing huge blasts of energy into far off lands like ICBMs lol.
Dec 29, 2014 11:40 PM

Aug 2014
Man, this anime was something else. I can't believe i underestimated it at first. Felt like i was watching a movie all the time.

The last episode was pretty good, everything wrapped up nicely. Martinet was behind it all it seems, and Bahamut was his instrument of destruction. Beelzebub finally got killed, and Favaro got back to normal - exactly how everyone predicted. Loved how he and Kiasar sealed Martinet. Surprisingly, the scene with Amira "disappearing" wasn't sad at all; infact, i felt like it was the correct thing to do, resulting in a non-cliche happy end. Fava, apparently the Holy Knight (lol) got the kiss of his life, though... and i have to say, their little moment before the departure was really touching. Fava could have showed her alot of things. Kaisar's a captain outranking even Jeanne, it seems. Loved that ending scene - Favaro and Kaisar for best BFFs of 2014.

The anime was overall really, really enjoyable. As a rule, i can't give anything with 12 episodes a score above 9, but it wasn't really perfect anyway. Still, my gripes with this show are minor and not worth mentioning. Well... i did want Lucifer to be more active, since he was supposed to be the boss of the demons in Satan's absence, but seemed to only care about his book. Oh, well.

SnB played out nicely, and i'm happy to say it's the 3rd best anime of 2014, right after Zankyo no Terror and Parasyte. Really hoping for a season two, it truly was a very good anime.

Final episode: 5/5

Overall anime score: 8.5/10

''I'll be back!''
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 29, 2014 11:44 PM

May 2013
I finally got up and yesss what a ride. 7/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 29, 2014 11:51 PM
Nov 2014
Epic, just Epic really glad with the ending . Clearly many things need explanation, but the end still great
It was a bit rushed, but didn't bother me much tbh
Anime like that with no moe,school stuff and other shit that I totally forgot. My anime of the season hands down
The only problem is like I said, we need explanation of many things, like what happened to Rita and the other characters.
Well my only faith is in that announce at the end , just hopping to be a movie with what happen to them afterwards, cause I think a second season may suck
Dec 29, 2014 11:57 PM

Jan 2008
The thing that pissed me off most wasn't the predictable story, or cheesy rivalry/friendships, cringe-inducing forced romance between Favaro and Amira, or Amira disappearing along with Bahamut into another dimension... but the god awful character's hair styles.

That's why even for a short moment, I thoroughly enjoyed Favaro's disheveled hair (which reminded me a lot of Amuro from Gundam) instead of a stupid red afro, and Kaiser's hair down instead of a pompous pompadour.
Dec 30, 2014 12:35 AM

Mar 2012
Cowboy Medieval Bebop Champloo the animation featuring Ginger Mcdonald, Knight Dandy, Demon Kirby and a Zombie loli

AOTY 11/10

Season 2 when?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 30, 2014 1:41 AM

Jul 2014
Amazing finale from Bahamut Series !
This show is a bit underatted in the beginning due the MC has afro hairstyle and such, but Favaro became a great MC in the end. He and Kaisar with hair down looked very fabulous and very Macho-ish Don't get me wrong, I am not a gay XD

I'm impressed by how MAPPA handled this series that originally came from a mobile game, they spent all of their budget on this last episode <3

I would personally rate this episode 8/10, Since It's a bit rushed. I thought defeating Bahamut in one ep would feel so lame and Asspull like but it was actually really nice and not that really rushed as i've feared. But overall i would love to give 10/10 for the whole series.

It's very nice to see the History repeats itself on the last episode, On the first episode we were being told that it was a rare moment to see Angel and Demons working together to stop Bahamut's rage and that moment happened once again.

A bittersweet reunion between Favaro and Amira, I personally think Amira is not dead yet. She might be traveled or rather trapped into the next dimension like that Old Dragon.

Man, That kiss and dat gag face of Favaro LOOOL and his serious face :')

Dec 30, 2014 2:06 AM

Jan 2009
damn Amira died, this series is very good though
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » i hate the main character ( the male )

houssam-salmi - May 17, 2015

31 by Jureidini »»
Jul 27, 2:26 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

» Figuring out gods, angels, and demons

Fukoku - Aug 28, 2023

0 by Fukoku »»
Aug 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2014

157 by johndeerdrew »»
Feb 3, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

120 by Tutsun »»
Jun 8, 2022 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.