Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 21, 2016 4:17 AM

Dec 2009
I want to like this anime , I really do ! But as of now , the direction it's going , couldn't be more generic. We have one semi-reasonable person Tougou - Who tries to make a difference. The rest of them ,are freaking dumb, there is no friendship when you are dead, heck even when you lose memories, if all of you 5 lose memories, it's as if you didn't even meet to begin with. A lot of people compared this anime to Madoka , which is bad comparisson , but at least in Madoka THEY"VE TRIED TO BREAK THE FUCKING CYCLE!! Right now, everyone (Tougou excluded) wants to continue the cycle for all eternity, even with knowledge that it is pretty much meaningless, you loose basically more ,and more and you know this will happen to countless other people. For me they are not heroes, they are "Demon kings" (ma-ou) who drowned in their own self righteousness. I cannot cross this anime until I've watched last episode, but I don't think anything will change at all. Yuuna will beat up the "bad guys" , will have tear jerking moment with Tougou. And Tougou will either die, or go back to their "hero trope".
Nov 21, 2016 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
adix22 said:
I want to like this anime , I really do ! But as of now , the direction it's going , couldn't be more generic. We have one semi-reasonable person Tougou - Who tries to make a difference. The rest of them ,are freaking dumb, there is no friendship when you are dead, heck even when you lose memories, if all of you 5 lose memories, it's as if you didn't even meet to begin with. A lot of people compared this anime to Madoka , which is bad comparisson , but at least in Madoka THEY"VE TRIED TO BREAK THE FUCKING CYCLE!! Right now, everyone (Tougou excluded) wants to continue the cycle for all eternity, even with knowledge that it is pretty much meaningless, you loose basically more ,and more and you know this will happen to countless other people. For me they are not heroes, they are "Demon kings" (ma-ou) who drowned in their own self righteousness. I cannot cross this anime until I've watched last episode, but I don't think anything will change at all. Yuuna will beat up the "bad guys" , will have tear jerking moment with Tougou. And Tougou will either die, or go back to their "hero trope".

You should probably check the first 6 episodes of S2 (once that is out) for the Tougou-focused prequel then. It sheds a lot of light in a lot of things.
Nov 21, 2016 6:51 AM

Dec 2009
mcpw said:
adix22 said:

You should probably check the first 6 episodes of S2 (once that is out) for the Tougou-focused prequel then. It sheds a lot of light in a lot of things.

I would have to lie , if i said that I didn't enjoy this series, I did, but the last episodes were very dissapointng , especially the last one, with that asspull of an ending. But if the season 2 will be released, I'll watch it. I just hope it will have decent characters , decent explanation what the heck is going on, we still don't really know what happened with the "purge" , why Gods wanted to destroy everything, and why some sided with humans. We still don't really know a lot of thing really, heck if they start to explain somethings in S2 and they'll pull another episode 12, then they don't really need to explain anything at all, if they want to overwrite (is that the word?) what was said before, or better even, forgot it was said at all , and just do something that shouldn't be happening story wise ... I am rarerly that peeved about something, only if I really start to like something ,and if it really goes bad near the end. This anime just tried too hard to be "dark".
Dec 2, 2016 4:53 PM

Jun 2013
adix22 said:
A lot of people compared this anime to Madoka , which is bad comparisson , but at least in Madoka THEY"VE TRIED TO BREAK THE FUCKING CYCLE!!

Yeah people need to stop comparing everything with Madoka.
Apr 3, 2017 4:01 AM

Dec 2016
The whole team is completely falling apart.

Hopefully Yuuna can bring Togo to her senses.

She seems to always be the glue that holds them together and the peacemaker whenever times were tough.
Jul 16, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
Yuuna doesn't approve Tougou's idea.

Karin went from being the only one unaffected to the worst victim in one episode, that fight scene was amazing and hurt so hard, we knew that something terrible was going to happen everytime she went mankai, but she kept using it over and over.
Aug 2, 2017 6:39 AM

Mar 2015
Fucking brilliant. Karin's sacrifice is one of the most epic and heart-rending scenes in anime, no doubt.
Aug 24, 2017 8:33 PM

Dec 2013
Karin was badass in this episode!
Sep 23, 2017 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
Karin... Noooooooo. Being both deaf and blind at the same time is too horrible. ;-;

Nov 21, 2017 10:50 PM

Feb 2017
Karin lost her vision and hearing... this is so fucking depressing (and she even lost her limbs too) She was incredible in that battle!

Seeing Yuuna crying and totally broken like that it's just too much... She was always happy and optimistic for the others...

Please just end this suffering already and make a happy ending
Feb 19, 2018 11:27 PM
Feb 2018
Literally
My damn heart </3

Seeing Yuna cry cracked it, then Karin losing her hearing & sight just broke me to a million pieces

May 4, 2018 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
Noooo Karin :( Her fight was awesome, but she really shouldn't have been so reckless... Seeing her so broken and without sight and hearing made me so sad :(

Great job Tougou... I can understand your frustration but destroying everything might not be the best way to actually escape suffering.

I can only hope now that everything will be better, though hopefully not in a too cliché way.
Oct 9, 2018 1:17 PM

Sep 2014
wow I just could not take this epic battle karin just fought seriously. All that senseless screaming put me off.

I do enjoy this stuff in virtually every other anime, but here? Nah.

Also, taking sight and hearing? thats not very cash money of them.

Considering this and Tomo loosing her memories, I would say the vegetable girl had some real luck. She might not be able to move, but she can see, hear, talk, think and probably even remember.

I just dont know why, but after getting somewhat excited over this a few episodes ago, its all gone now. Explains the mediocre at best score.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 3, 2020 2:13 PM

Nov 2019
Togo is the only character I like in this series.
Jun 2, 2020 4:23 PM

May 2018
holy shit she went both deaf and blind?? that's like taking your two most important senses away from you... how do you even live a real life without being able to see OR hear? there is no way to communicate or do... well practically ANYTHING after that
Jul 21, 2020 8:00 AM

May 2019
As MAS is informing us, YuYuYu is the real "Slice of life" anime.

Literally, slicing a life.
Sep 15, 2021 3:15 PM

Jun 2016
Got to say, from this one ep, I have no idea how mankai actually works. Apparently you can release it and reequip multiples times in quick succession, or did Karin have multiple stored up? I'd say it's a problem with me, but I feel the show should have maybe explained it better, via a character like Sonoko.

In the blink of an eye, Karin lost a lot of herself. Assuming that Yuuna doesn't need to kill Togo, and simply bring her back to her usual self, I'd bet the emotional and mental stress of what she did to Karin would weigh heavily on her shoulders. I think, at least.

Apr 12, 2022 6:03 PM
Sep 2015
This is just an educational video on why death is not the worst thing.
Jun 7, 2022 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
Only this show can make me feel sad when someone powers up.

So she's blind, deaf and lost functions of one arm and a leg... unless there's some miracle, she's permanently benched.

Still don't get why everyone's fighting Tougou, just let her destroy the tree! Better to all die together than have one or two members losing all their body functions or worse their memories.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

188 by satomae »»
Apr 23, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.