Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2015 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
Finally saw 12 Angry Men.

Blew me away. I actually shed a tear during Lee J. Cobb's final piece. That was such a powerful movie.
Mar 10, 2015 2:27 AM

Jan 2013
Haven't been in this thread for a while strangely enough, but I shall attempt another update on what I've seen since last time in a post akin to that one as well.

AngelsArcanumMar 10, 2015 11:01 AM
Mar 11, 2015 3:24 PM

Sep 2012
There are themes that exist in Kaguya that aren't communicated as well as they could be, but those weren't the themes it was actually trying to communicate so much as details that fit into a fairy tale format, and the actual key, central themes are communicated with a lot of conviction, creativity, and energy.''

I also thought Birdman did a decent job of articulating its themes, it's just that they were wrong. That didn't stop me from liking the movie, I just thought it was wrong about the difference between superhero movies and "art" (which was arguably all in Riggan'd mind), but more so about the idea that you can't make "art" if you also want to be relevant. That was the big thing for me since I think it was pretty unequivocal about that and it just seems silly and unfounded in my mind.
Mar 11, 2015 4:49 PM

Oct 2012
Angels, how long has it been since we've debated? Because man, I really disagree with what you said about 8 1/2.

The story was so simple when I watched it. Director suffers a creative block mainly due to his inability to confront his issues. Instead of acknowledging what a lousy guy he is, he keeps on trying to either find an escape, shift the blame, or glorify himself. All of which falls apart when his ex-wife really smacks his ego to him. That's was basically it. What made it work for me was how reflexive it was. There was inner confrontation in the film and the film never made the director out to be right. If anything it made him look like a child.
Ducat_RevelMar 16, 2015 2:25 PM
Mar 16, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
I went and saw Kingsman: The Secret Service. The trailers for that movie were terrible, but the movie itself was awesome. It was also way better than Kick-Ass, the previous movie by the same people, because it had a much better handle on its characters, violence, and the action was just better shot and choreographed in general.
Mar 16, 2015 10:32 PM

Jan 2013
Ducat_Revel said:
Angels, how long has it been since we've debated? Because man, I really disagree with what you said about 8 1/2.

The story was so simple when I watched it. Director suffers a creative block mainly due to his inability to confront his issues. Instead of acknowledging what a lousy guy he is, he keeps on trying to either find an escape, shift the blame, or glorify himself. All of which falls apart when his ex-wife really smacks his ego to him. That's was basically it. What made it work for me was how reflexive it was. There was inner confrontation in the film and the film never made the director out to be right. If anything it made him look like a child.

Sorry for the delay, keep getting preoccupied with stuff and I'm having difficulty articulating how to explain what threw me off about the film (doesn't help it's fading from memory after a few months) but I think it is the kind of roundabout execution that deprives it of its potency.

With some of the explanations on Amarcord again, Fellini intended to have the characters be kind of deplorable by showing their absence of morals and susceptibility to sexual desire which is supposedly Fellini's way of "mocking" those sorts of mentalities, but I think along the way it gets too lost in trying to exemplify all these terrible facets of these individuals and playing around with surrealism too nonchalantly that it just starts to have fun with its amorality and irreverence.

With 8 and 1/2, Guido's fantasies just got so bloated and elaborate that its self-deprecating intent just kind of faded out of the picture it seemed. My attention was just constantly waning because it seemed rather unfocused in highlighting the negative effects and decay on Guido's responsibilities and maturity.

It's like the last (or one of the last) musical numbers in Singin' in the Rain, but instead of being so long that you forget the story point preceding it (it was all Gene's character trying to enact the dance in his head before he would bring it to the film) it loses its ideas in what it all means to Guido's self-reflection after several pretenses of psychological introspection and how much anxiety and stress piles on as a director and a socialite. Then instead of being a single big sequence that dilutes things, it's several throughout its runtime.

As aforementioned, I caught glimpses of what the movie was trying to do with its unique structure and critique, but it felt like Fellini couldn't wind down and give the foreboding or subtly melancholic punch the scenes needed to drive things home and had too much fun with the spectacle of it all.

When I saw your score for the film I knew you'd want to bring up a defence for it Ducat, I could see it was a well produced film and the ideas would work for some people, but I think it's just too long and not succinct enough. Again, that might just be me not liking Fellini's directorial style, but his orchestration is almost befuddling and weird to me.

It's really hard for me to accurately capture my indifference to the films, especially since it seems to follow a method of counter-conventional or "working-in-negatives" narrative as I like to call it (along the lines of post-modernism I suppose, but I'm not big on its principles as a whole) I enjoy in some stories here and there (Only God Forgives, To the Wonder, bits of Samurai Champloo) but I guess there's some nuances that lean me one way or the other, and Fellini's stuff just didn't work for me (for now at least).
Apr 14, 2015 10:12 AM
Jan 2015
Just saw "New Tale of Zatoichi" the third of like 20 full length movies about the blind samurai Zatoichi.I like the pace of this one and the way it tells the story of Zatoichi.
I recommend this to all the fans of the older historical Japanese movies.
May 4, 2015 6:46 PM

Nov 2010
I just got destroyed by All About Lily Chou-Chou last night.
May 6, 2015 9:01 PM

Sep 2012
I'll go through the notable ones I've seen recently.

Ugetsu - Excellent art design and performances. There wasn't much more characterization than what was needed for the characters to serve the theme, but it worked because the point was that the characters were choosing to submit to something greater than themselves.

Brick - Really weird. It would be a parody of film noir, but its tone is deliberately dark and somber. Instead of being a parody or an homage, it actually is a film noir. It comes across as if a bunch of kids made their own film and tried to imitate the noir aesthetic. It was pretty good; parts of it dragged, but overall I enjoyed it both for the noir thing and because it was just generally well put-together.

Pain and Gain - I can see why this is one of Michael Bay's best-reviewed films. The message comes across clearly and parts of the movie are funny. Unfortunately I didn't like it very much because I couldn't become invested in parts of it; the tone was incomprehensible at times because Bay uses the same shot for everything.

Moonrise Kingdom - Probably my favorite Wes Anderson movie I've seen. A case where his heavily artificial style actually makes the movie less distancing because the characters have all submitted themselves to hard structure in an attempt to compensate for their own failings. The landscapes looked great, and a couple of scenes near the end really worked for me.

Late Spring - As good as Tokyo Story, which is one of my favorite films. It's an excellent, minimalistic take on anxiety in post-war Japan, maybe one of the best movies I've seen.

25th Hour - Has some very visceral parts, has some parts that drag. At its best it lays the drama on top of brilliantly composed shots.
May 8, 2015 6:29 AM

Jun 2013
2001: A Space Odyssey - Just yesterday I finished my second re-watch of this film in my journey of Kubrick films, and I'm still not too sure what to think about it. It's very ambiguous, so much so I have little idea as to the point of what's happening in specific scenes that I can only sit back in awe of the epic soundtrack and decent special effects - although there are some parts where it does look pretty stupid, as you would expect from a 60s film. I've actually yet to read theories about the film because of this quote: "You're free to speculate as you wish about the philosophical and allegorical meaning of the film—and such speculation is one indication that it has succeeded in gripping the audience at a deep level—but I don't want to spell out a verbal road map for 2001 that every viewer will feel obligated to pursue or else fear he's missed the point." I feel it's entertainment in itself to try and come up with theories but I will keep them to myself in fear of embarrassing myself until the day I can be bothered to read the novel.

Anyway, I will probably try A Clockwork Orange next as the parts I've seen of it look very... interesting to say the least.
CraftyMay 8, 2015 6:32 AM
May 9, 2015 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
I don't think the book is much help in understanding the movie. There are a number of differences between them, and the movie isn't an adaptation since they were released concurrently. It's also one of the more cinematic movies, in the sense that it's meant to be informed by the images chosen and how they were shot.

At least, I would say not to worry about "embarrassing" yourself because you haven't read the novel, since there's no need for them to mean the same thing. Also the ending is different in the book, and while it's not necessarily a worse ending than in the film (I don't like it as much), it certainly implies a different meaning.
May 27, 2015 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
Zergneedsfood said:
I just got destroyed by All About Lily Chou-Chou last night.

Aww man, still itching to see that one badly, I should get around to it soon.
May 27, 2015 3:41 PM

Nov 2010
AngelsArcanum said:
Aww man, still itching to see that one badly, I should get around to it soon.
Join me in the ether~
Jun 27, 2015 6:44 AM

Nov 2012
Not a member of this club but whatever.

Inside Out

This movie was really great, surprisingly creative from what I though would be a family movie with mostly one-dimensional characters. Great artwork and scenery, the writers really did their research for this one, comedy and jokes were amazing, and one of the last scenes made me tear up. This is tied with Toy Story as my favorite Pixar film.
Jul 20, 2015 4:05 PM

Aug 2014
The last movie I saw was Ted 2. What I thought it would turn bad, after the god awful A Million Ways to Die in the West, Seth MacFarlane proved me KINDA wrong. Even though I believe Ted was a better movie, Ted 2 still had some good laughs and some unexpected moments.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jul 21, 2015 6:55 PM

Aug 2014
I just saw The Purge: Anarchy with some friends and oh my god what of waste of time. I though "Finally, they are showing the stuff we really wanna see in a world where crime is legal for a day", and I was thinking about the streets. Unlike the first Purge movie, where it took place in a house. A freaking house. But still Anarchy didn't offer the variety I would want. I mean literaly the most disturbing thing was a guy burned alive, which looked shitty as hell. Although there were times were it tried to be disturbing images, like a girled pretty much bathed in blood and a guy who tried to have sex with a mother and daughter, and what happend to their father which I am not going to spoil. But still where are the guys eho want to torture? Give me some psychos.

-Enma Ai
Jul 27, 2015 12:14 AM

Jan 2013
Dang. Didn't notice the club was still active, but perhaps that's my oversight for not scrolling too far down the MAL clubs I joined and not being as frequent a visitor to ones that aren't the Ubers lol.

Anyways, I have seen A LOT since last time, I'll try my best to make my thoughts short this time (honest...maybe).

AngelsArcanumJul 27, 2015 12:20 AM
Aug 7, 2015 9:35 PM

Jun 2008
Well, I'm pretty much posting this everywhere.

Before Midnight:
The third stallment in a series of unbelievable filmmaking. The first movie started in 1995, featuring a young man and a woman who spend the day (and night) in the beautiful city of Vienna. 9 years after (literally, in our time), a second film featured what happened to them in 2004, and now, we see again, 9 years later, what happened to them in 2013.

To save the story short... If the purpose of fictional works is to share ideas, to explore possibilities, and to experience something new or powerful, well, this is it. The movies are simple. There are no special effects, no carefully designed clothes, no intricate plot or mysterious subtle messages. But at the same time, it is a timeless experience that is both magical and realistic. I was interested, I was curious, I can not stop but wonder what may happen again after 9 years. This... was a unique experience. Thank you.
Aug 19, 2015 2:31 PM

Mar 2014
Inside out
Mission Impossible 5
Return of Freeza

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Aug 31, 2015 2:29 PM

Jul 2014
Die Hard.
Nice and enjoyable commercial movie. It really had a huge influence on 90s action movies imo.
Sep 8, 2015 8:42 AM

Aug 2014
I saw Horrible Bosses 2 yesterday. Talking about uneccesery sequels what was that all about? There were no Bosses, so there goes your title. The plot was average at best and the jokes were unseen. I think I might have cracked a little smile somewhere but that was it. also Foxx, Aniston and Waltz were wasted big time in this movie. They didn't give them something good to work on. Although I think Pine was pretty decent.

-Enma Ai
Sep 10, 2015 4:35 AM

Jun 2011
Steven15ify said:
I saw Horrible Bosses 2 yesterday. Talking about uneccesery sequels what was that all about? There were no Bosses, so there goes your title. The plot was average at best and the jokes were unseen. I think I might have cracked a little smile somewhere but that was it. also Foxx, Aniston and Waltz were wasted big time in this movie. They didn't give them something good to work on. Although I think Pine was pretty decent.

I couldn't stand to watch the first movie how did you find the courage to watch the sequel? :P

Anyway, I watched the live action film of Attack on Titan today and I still don't know if I liked it or not.
First of all, the acting was so bad that even a Japanese drama seems better than that.
Secondly, the CGI was horrible. Shinji, you're the director, DO your job properly and if you don't know how ask the Americans. They do understand the concept of CGI quite well. Shingeki no Kyojin's battles are very difficult to create in a live action movie but the things I saw in that movie seemed like if I worked on After Effect for a couple of days I could produce the same quality of scenes. Not to mention that the final battle felt like I was watching Power Rangers all over again!
Last but not least, they competely messed up the background stories of the characters and especially Levi. Instead of that badass character they switched his name to a dude named Shikishima that doesn't even exist in neither the anime nor the manga. Okay, you will probably tell me that I give to much attention to details. It's just a name after all. No, think it over guys. Why "erase" such an important person without a reason? Does Levi sounds too girly for them?

Anyway, the movie was so and so but I would still recommend it to the fans of the AoT. Oh, and one last thing. The scene where the Colossal Titan makes his appearance is totally awesome!!! XD
Sep 13, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
AADMC said:
Steven15ify said:

I couldn't stand to watch the first movie how did you find the courage to watch the sequel? :P

Anyway, I watched the live action film of Attack on Titan today and I still don't know if I liked it or not.
First of all, the acting was so bad that even a Japanese drama seems better than that.
Secondly, the CGI was horrible. Shinji, you're the director, DO your job properly and if you don't know how ask the Americans. They do understand the concept of CGI quite well. Shingeki no Kyojin's battles are very difficult to create in a live action movie but the things I saw in that movie seemed like if I worked on After Effect for a couple of days I could produce the same quality of scenes. Not to mention that the final battle felt like I was watching Power Rangers all over again!
Last but not least, they competely messed up the background stories of the characters and especially Levi. Instead of that badass character they switched his name to a dude named Shikishima that doesn't even exist in neither the anime nor the manga. Okay, you will probably tell me that I give to much attention to details. It's just a name after all. No, think it over guys. Why "erase" such an important person without a reason? Does Levi sounds too girly for them?

Anyway, the movie was so and so but I would still recommend it to the fans of the AoT. Oh, and one last thing. The scene where the Colossal Titan makes his appearance is totally awesome!!! XD

Uhmmm, Kevin Spacey as an asshole boss, Colin Farrell as a bold junkie weardo and Jennifer Aniston as a sex addicted doctor? How did you NOT enjoy it?

And again talking about uneseccesery sequels I just saw Anchorman 2. Oh boy. I saw the first one when I was a kid and found it really funny and entertaining. This one had two or three funny moments and that's that. I believe if it was one hour shorter it would be better, but after the ice skating everything went downhill. S good movie to spend your time but nothing more.

-Enma Ai
Nov 1, 2015 1:28 AM

Nov 2014
My Sassy Girl (2001) - One of the better romantic comedy movies I've seen in a while. At first I didn't like how the girl was behaving, but then again, thanks to her behavior you'd certainly bound to have an interesting or perhaps more precisely spontaneous day.
Other than that, I enjoyed how they handled the relationship and how someone should let go, when it comes to break ups.
Certainly an interesting watch.

Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War (2004) - One of the better war movies I've seen.
It is somewhat realistic, but it did certainly portray the horrors of war and how it affects people, especially the soldiers and how they change during a war.
This one was portrayed through the eyes of two unfortunate brothers and how everyone around them is affected, friends, family and the brothers themself.
Nov 3, 2015 10:26 PM

Oct 2012
Someone, please explain to me why Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing is so critically acclaimed. Easily the most uncomfortable movie I've ever had to sit through. What could've been a sympathetic portrait of racism and its evils ended up as a senseless film full of fury. Fury at all directions. Hatred at everyone. And the persecution at the ending. Dear fuck this movie is vindictive and almost strikes me as evil as the monsters it tries to illustrate. Talk about excessive with emotions. I honestly have no clue what Spike is trying to say but for sure it isn't anything I can sit through.

It's hatred that breeds hatred. Makes everyone in this movie look awful. The only people who weren't messed up were Da Mayor, Mother Sister, and Mookie's sister. Everyone else is out of their mind crazy. Wow. The movie's anger is so unfocused nothing about it can be read as righteous. If it's a painting as to how everyone hates each other then fine it works on that level. But its "righteousness" is lost on me.
Nov 4, 2015 2:22 AM

Jun 2011
Ducat_Revel said:
Someone, please explain to me why Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing is so critically acclaimed. Easily the most uncomfortable movie I've ever had to sit through. What could've been a sympathetic portrait of racism and its evils ended up as a senseless film full of fury. Fury at all directions. Hatred at everyone. And the persecution at the ending. Dear fuck this movie is vindictive and almost strikes me as evil as the monsters it tries to illustrate. Talk about excessive with emotions. I honestly have no clue what Spike is trying to say but for sure it isn't anything I can sit through.

It's hatred that breeds hatred. Makes everyone in this movie look awful. The only people who weren't messed up were Da Mayor, Mother Sister, and Mookie's sister. Everyone else is out of their mind crazy. Wow. The movie's anger is so unfocused nothing about it can be read as righteous. If it's a painting as to how everyone hates each other then fine it works on that level. But its "righteousness" is lost on me.

You must literally be the first person who disliked that film. :P I actually haven't watched it yet, but after your passionate review I'll make sure to watch it myself and see if you were right. Though it seems kinda odd for someone like Spike Lee (who directed quite nicely the "25th Hour") to present us such an awful movie such as "Do the Right Thing." :S
Nov 4, 2015 4:30 AM

Oct 2012
I've seen the 25th Hour and like it well enough. I found the anger in it to be self-reflective and meaningful especially when Norton's character turns around and say that he himself was always the one at fault.

I see a lot of good reviews for Do the Right Thing and wanted to like it even tho I heard Spike's movies tend to be polarizing. But the movie is just so... fueled with anger. And not in a meaningful way that tries to say that the anger and acts of violence against each other is wrong. Instead, it likes to paints everyone as hateful and yet still wants to champion someone, even if everyone in the film is awful. I'm just saying there's no moral compass or anchor to this film to really say who's right. The closest ones are Da Mayor and Mother Sister but they're nonentities to the mayhem. Doesn't help that Spike Lee himself is the main character and takes part in the racism that goes around.

People like to throw around the "it's morally challenging" excuse to justify the actions that take place in the movie. But from where I stand, as a spectator of a race that isn't portrayed in the movie, a complete neutral, I just can't help but feel the movie has an agenda to justify the hostility of one race against all others. In the end, nearly all the characters in the film were horrible and yet it still has the gall to try to say one is more right. People will disagree with me but I feel Da Mayor needed a larger role in the movie to portray how meaningless the violence is, if that's really what the movie wanted to be. I could get into specifics but there are just so many. The worst part tho is that I now have to associate a Public Enemy song that I like to a movie I hate. :(
Nov 5, 2015 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
AADMC said:
Ducat_Revel said:

You must literally be the first person who disliked that film. :P I actually haven't watched it yet, but after your passionate review I'll make sure to watch it myself and see if you were right. Though it seems kinda odd for someone like Spike Lee (who directed quite nicely the "25th Hour") to present us such an awful movie such as "Do the Right Thing." :S

Nope, I'm pretty vocal about my disliking of it as well. His opinion is spot on to why I hate it too.
Nov 7, 2015 12:17 AM

Jan 2015
Last movie I watched was Lock, Stock and two Smoking barrels. Been trying to expand my cinematic borders recently.
Nov 7, 2015 2:25 AM

Sep 2015
Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford, what a good movie..

Daisuke777 said:
Last movie I watched was Lock, Stock and two Smoking barrels. Been trying to expand my cinematic borders recently.

There is another movie similar what what you have watched there, its called SNATCH. It has dark and crime comedy too plus its directed by the same director..

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Nov 9, 2015 1:25 AM

Apr 2014
Last movie I watched on theaters was Attack on Titan and I really regret I watched it on the big screen. I hate it when books get adapted into movies with many modifications. And this one, is just as disappointing. No, very disappointing. Sorry, I can't help but compare it to the manga/ anime. If there's one thing I have to praise, probably some of the effects.
Nov 9, 2015 1:52 AM

Jun 2011
cherushi-chan said:
Last movie I watched on theaters was Attack on Titan and I really regret I watched it on the big screen. I hate it when books get adapted into movies with many modifications. And this one, is just as disappointing. No, very disappointing. Sorry, I can't help but compare it to the manga/ anime. If there's one thing I have to praise, probably some of the effects.

My thoughts exactly! As if they couldn't stick to the manga plot.
Nov 9, 2015 4:06 AM

Sep 2015
My last movie was Leviathan.

AADMC said:
cherushi-chan said:

My thoughts exactly! As if they couldn't stick to the manga plot.

Honestly i found all Japanese live action movies which i have ever watched before that adapted from any other media such as manga, game or anime never as good as its expected to be IMO. I don't know how could this happen but perhaps the matter here is budget or -- i don't know, I'm not really sure why.

I can name some, Rurouni Kenshin, Kiseijuu, Solanin (well okay, Solanin is not really that bad) and the last although i haven't watched it yet but i had a feeling that AoT movie wouldn't be a good adaptation when the first time i saw the trailer ( i dont want to be a smartass or what here). And your statements there just strengthen my assumption. Of course i still want to see that movie and see how it goes if i have a chance.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Nov 9, 2015 9:01 AM

Oct 2011
Today I watched:
Sex Tape
Not the best movie I've seen. Don't like the humor in this movie~ Nya.
I hope the next movie with Diaz will be better.

Childs Play 3
re-watched~ Again~ I'm in love. :P
Nov 9, 2015 9:32 AM

Jun 2011
-Saichi- said:
Childs Play 3

OMG! 0_O You're a hero!
Childs Play was like the scariest thing I've watched as a kid.
Nov 9, 2015 9:34 AM

May 2015
Last film I watched was Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans which was ok I guess.
UpperCats said:

You should check out Vozvrashcheniye if you liked Leviathan.
Nov 9, 2015 10:36 AM

Oct 2011
AADMC said:
-Saichi- said:
Childs Play 3

OMG! 0_O You're a hero!
Childs Play was like the scariest thing I've watched as a kid.

Really? I'm so in love with that doll~ I love all movies. *_*
Nov 9, 2015 7:49 PM

Sep 2012
I watched one feature and one short.

The feature was Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas, the second worst movie I've ever seen. I don't know what's going on in Kirk Cameron's mind but it's surely horrifying.

The short was Oskar Fischinger's An Optical Poem. If you know how it was made, it's pretty amazing.

And just for the record I'll say I agree with the majority opinion that Sunrise is one of the best movies ever made.
Nov 9, 2015 8:40 PM

Oct 2012
Popka said:

The feature was Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas, the second worst movie I've ever seen. I don't know what's going on in Kirk Cameron's mind but it's surely horrifying.

This movie made my week. What an experience. Kirk Cameron really is one of those people who shouldn't be allowed to speak.
Nov 9, 2015 8:55 PM

Sep 2012
I've never heard anything more ridiculous than him saying that presents under a Christmas tree are the outline of the skyline of the "New Jerusalem."
Nov 9, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
Ducat_Revel said:
Popka said:

This movie made my week. What an experience. Kirk Cameron really is one of those people who shouldn't be allowed to speak.

I remember after seeing you guys' Letterboxd entries, I checked out the trailer and that alone sucked the life out of me and for the rest of the day made me forget what good films look like lol.
Nov 10, 2015 2:17 AM

Oct 2012
Popka said:
I've never heard anything more ridiculous than him saying that presents under a Christmas tree are the outline of the skyline of the "New Jerusalem."

Personally, I loved it when he said that the Christmas Tree is a representation of Christ nailed on the cross. It takes true insanity to come up with something that silly.
Nov 10, 2015 3:09 AM

Sep 2015
EminemVEVO said:
Last film I watched was Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans which was ok I guess.
UpperCats said:

You should check out Vozvrashcheniye if you liked Leviathan.

i will go check it if i have a time ^^

Nov 11, 2015 1:00 AM

Apr 2014
This time...last movie I watched at home is Interstellar (Probably, don't really remember cause that was 3 weeks ago. I've been only watching anime recently.)

@ADDMC I knew I'm not the only one! *high five* I couldn't recover from the shock even though it's been 2 months already lol I didn't watch the 2nd part (which surprisingly followed the first movie shortly --how can that be? :P)

@UpperCats In my perspective, most of them are very short and couldn't contain all the important scenes (not to mention they add unnecessary fan service which doesn't actually add to the story). I only watch for enjoyment but even I have realized that not everything that looks good in anime would also be as awesome when done in live action. Sad but true -_- Okay... see the movie and feel the same agony we felt haha Good luck ;)

Sorry if I talk a lot :X
Nov 11, 2015 4:10 AM

Aug 2014
Yesterday I watched

The Kid (1921)
I just felt like watching something old. I am kinda suprised that I got emotional at a scene and got some laughs at others. So many years since it was made and it still entertains people. Charlie Chaplin is trully a genius.

Dumb and Dumber To (2014)
I don't know why. I might hate myself. Sooooo unfunny.

History of the World: Part I (1981)
Again comedy gold. Well, at most parts at least. Now I have to see every movie by Mel Brooks.

The ABCs of Death 2 (2014)
I was always interested in sick gory movies, so I could just see what sick stuff people were capable of thinking. This one had some good shorts and some not so good. Also the lack of english subtitles didn't help much. But I am definetly watching the first one. I heard it's better.

Antman (2015)
It was good, but let's face it, all the movie gots for itself is the humour. Suprised it didnt bomb at the boxoffice. Still a very enjoyable movie with some very funny moments and good perfomances.

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)
Where was this little gem hiding? It's so damn entertaining. Action, comedy, just great. I am definetly rewatching this. Damn is it great

-Enma Ai
Nov 11, 2015 5:13 AM

Sep 2015
cherushi-chan said:
This time...last movie I watched at home is Interstellar (Probably, don't really remember cause that was 3 weeks ago. I've been only watching anime recently.)

Well glad that you didn't drop the movie, Interstellar is my personal favorite and one of best sci-fi movie imo ^^. In my case, just the theme and visual alone could make me not to drop it eventhough it has slow paced at the first half :)
Something that interest you? like wormhole, outer space, the possibility of interstellar travel, Einstein's special and general relativity or time travel? yeah those things really interest me as well :D
cherushi-chan said:

@UpperCats In my perspective, most of them are very short and couldn't contain all the important scenes (not to mention they add unnecessary fan service which doesn't actually add to the story). I only watch for enjoyment but even I have realized that not everything that looks good in anime would also be as awesome when done in live action. Sad but true -_- Okay... see the movie and feel the same agony we felt haha Good luck ;)

I don't have good thought to explain what really matters with that but i guess you are right, couldn't agree more.

Nov 11, 2015 10:59 AM

Oct 2011
Spectre
Christoph Waltz was amazing ;)
It was my first James Bond movie....it was good.
Nov 11, 2015 9:10 PM

Dec 2009
Cobra (1986)
Definitely a movie for action junkies. Loved it.
Nov 11, 2015 11:53 PM

Sep 2015
Antman :)
Steven15ify said:

Antman (2015)
It was good, but let's face it, all the movie gots for itself is the humour. Suprised it didnt bomb at the boxoffice. Still a very enjoyable movie with some very funny moments and good perfomances.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Alphabet Movie Game ( 1 2 3 4 )

LuckyAlix - Dec 1, 2015

193 by ttcchen »»
May 7, 2019 9:53 PM

» Who's the best movie villain ever?

LuckyAlix - Dec 1, 2015

16 by ttcchen »»
May 7, 2019 9:50 PM

Sticky: » New Members Introduce Yourselves! ( 1 2 )

LuckyAlix - Nov 30, 2015

50 by ttcchen »»
May 7, 2019 9:38 PM

» Favorite Directors Thread

LayedBack - May 19, 2014

26 by FlagCrusherTaka »»
Mar 21, 2019 11:39 AM

» Your least favorite film

bmoore07 - Jan 18, 2016

43 by Wiziliz »»
Feb 9, 2018 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.