Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 8, 2014 8:36 PM

Apr 2014
I'm getting another cliche magical ecchi girls vibe from this. So I can only assume it will end up as shit, but hey can't tell yet.

allflying said:
Standard my ass. You're clearly being ignorant on what this show is actually offers.

Let's go over what it offered me so far.

-Girl that pulls a shotgun out of her panties
-Guy that is a staple of what it means to be a wuss
-"Oops didn't know you were in the bathroom HELLO SWEET ASS"
-Obligatory "girls come out of nowhere and kiss the MC" bullshit
-Fight with a furry creature
-Some weird flashbacks

Not a lot going for it in the first episode.
daveOct 8, 2014 8:41 PM
Oct 8, 2014 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
It's not everyday you get to see a hot girl pointing a gun at a guy for a date.
Oct 8, 2014 8:43 PM
💉 🩸 🩹 💖 🏥

Feb 2012
Good animation. Sort of let down by the fact that there's magic involved, but whatever.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Oct 8, 2014 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
Nice ass and fun first episode, looking forward to the next
Oct 9, 2014 12:10 AM

Mar 2012
FUMOFFU! I mean, okay episode.
Oct 9, 2014 12:18 AM
Mar 2014
xbobx said:
Veronin said:

That's not being "overly nitpicky". It's this thing called "having standards". And I am not going to apologise for having standards simply because a few people on MAL are incapable of handling criticism towards some Asian cartoon they sort of enjoyed.

For someone who used to write great stuff and I used to agree most of the times, you're surprisingly hateful this time.
✓ That's the joke here. MC is the patterned "cool and smart that latter gets deredere" on purpose. Sento gives it away already when she mentions his narcissist personality. Too early to judge on that.
✓ Well, it's based on a harem VN, so, of course. Even though, so far from what I've read there's zero to none romance developing within the "harem".
✓ Yep, Sento is the pattern of a Kuudere, I'd give you that.
✓ Agreed.
✓ This is really subjective. I personally enjoyed the gags, references, pacing and blatant "because it's MAGIC!" explanations. Kinda reminds me of Seto no Hanayome.
✓ The majority of this genre is like this but it isn't an factor that determines overall quality. You can have loads of fun with stupid and random "puff supernatural plot twist inbound"
✓ Uhm, no. This one I strongly disagree. Actually something that made me pick this up is the average age of characters. Being a while since KyoAni did a show with an older cast and I wanted to see how that would play out. Only the male MC is a highschooler, Sento is around her 20s, the elemental girls slightly above that (20~25), the loli isn't really a loli (anime will get to that latter) and all the other staff members are around their 30s (accountant, supervisor, etc).

It's too early to make these assumptions, imo. If you don't enjoy the setting you should've stayed away right from the beginning. On the other hand, if you're interested -and from all of yours reviews that I remember reading, I guess you're- than you should wait a little longer.

Agreed for the most part, although you didn't exacrly have to bash him to make those points. Interested in the "loli that isn't a loli" that you mentioned, though - sexualized children tend to bother me, especially if it's justified by it being an Actually Older person (ex: monogatari's shinobu & hachikuji).
Oct 9, 2014 12:47 AM

Jan 2008
I want to eat croquette now. Too early to judge but I'm liking the execution so far and of course, the animation of KyoAni.
Oct 9, 2014 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
good KyoAni, keep the good work
Oct 9, 2014 2:29 AM

Apr 2011
Veronin said:
allflying said:
Standard my ass. You're clearly being ignorant on what this show is actually offers.

I see junk and I judge it as junk. You aren't going to change my opinion so let's just agree to disagree.
No, you're just being ignorant. I bet you didn't even notice what gender Tirami is. Or, how it was subtly hinted that Moffle's place is better than the rest of attractions.

You are clearly don't understand what this show is actually offers.

Cause- said:
I'm getting another cliche magical ecchi girls vibe from this. So I can only assume it will end up as shit, but hey can't tell yet.

allflying said:

Let's go over what it offered me so far.

-Girl that pulls a flintlock musket out of her ZR
-Guy is a narcissist swag
-Immediately shut the door when seeing a girl nekid (bonus point: not getting punched in the face while being yelled "kyaaa MC-kun no ecchi!!")
-Not even being explained yet
-Being beaten by a mascot character
-Foreshadowing
>Exposition on a shitty Theme Park
>Main casts establishment
>Setting establishment

Not a lot going for it in the first episode. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, unless you are ADHD

ftfy
Oct 9, 2014 3:33 AM

Sep 2013
Not a lot happened in this episode, but at least we got a foreshadowed back story between the princess and protagonist.

Wonder what the next episode will be like.

Oct 9, 2014 4:11 AM

Apr 2014
They made Moffle look like the mascot from Full Metal Panic on purpose right? "Copyright infringement" LOL
Oct 9, 2014 5:39 AM

Sep 2014
It was okay. Nothing fantastic or nothing horrible. Most of KyoAni's work hits off rather slow IMO, but some of them make it worth the wait. I just hope this will be one of them.
Oct 9, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2013
I didn't even recognize the voice actor of Isuzu which was Kakuma, Ai. Oh, and the animation was all right. Spotted some flaws, yet it was still good.

The MC looks like he needs some attention. His attitude sometimes annoys me. Isuzu and Latifa's attitude on the other hand, reminds me of certain characters that I like. The poker face of Isuzu gets me good every time. We get an early kiss; unlike some anime that once got my hopes up, but still got me disappointed. Anyway, this should be good since this was one of my awaited series of this season.
Oct 9, 2014 7:16 AM

Apr 2011
JhysenTheAsian said:
They made Moffle look like the mascot from Full Metal Panic on purpose right? "Copyright infringement" LOL

isn't it cuz it's the same author ?
Oct 9, 2014 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
Veronin said:
✓ Boring protagonist with uninspired design
✓ Boring protagonist who finds harem immediately
✓ Kuudere/tsundere heroine who follows boring protagonist around religiously
✓ 'Oops I caught you while you were changing clothes' cliché
✓ Wacky random humour
✓ Silly supernatural twist
✓ Teenagers cast in the role of young adults because anime is incapable of making characters older than seventeen

Cool show.
I feel like KyoAni just ripped their MC off of the other boring uninspiring MCs they've pumped out in their previous anime. This is going to be like Kyoukai no Kanata, A borefest, but I'm just going to hope it gets better later.
Oct 9, 2014 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
It was not bad but pretty generic.
Though I laughed at the shooting gallery' successful participants.
Oct 9, 2014 8:20 AM

Jul 2012
Nice episode! If the show stayed without the magic stuff it would have been better, in my opinion, though I don't really care. And the animation is just awesome! It feels like KyoAni animation gets better each season.

Can't wait for next episode.
Oct 9, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah, like other people said, it's pretty generic. The MC is okay, but bland. Both female characters are lame too. Also, it didn't really feel like an introductory episode. For a comedy, it didn't really work with me.

But I'll keep watching.
Oct 9, 2014 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
That was a pretty fun first episode. I agree that it was nothing special, but entertained me thorough. I will watch this, but only because it's airing right now.

And as usual, the KyoAni asses characters are absolutely beautiful. I could stare at them for ages.
cupcOct 9, 2014 9:34 AM
Oct 9, 2014 9:10 AM

Oct 2013
bastek66 said:
Thank you Kyoani for this beautiful white ass

yes kyoani:D
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Oct 9, 2014 9:34 AM

Apr 2013
Came because of Bonta-kun, left dissapointed.
Oct 9, 2014 9:52 AM
Oct 2014
Filled with kyoani's usual light humor, nice animation although designs were pretty bland (can't blame kyoani tho since it's an adaptation), but really nice ost when the princess was talking how they were from a magical land. All in all, I'll probably be watching some more episodes before deciding whether to drop or carry on. What truly surprised me though was Kyoani's decision to not make the female characters as moe as usual, bcs I swear when I saw the key visual from a magazine the female mc didn't look kyoani like at all, although the male mc still had that kyoani vibe from his design.

Also, is it just me or do animation directors/character designers of kyoani influence each other's design greatly, particularly Yukiko Horiguchi and Nishiya Futoshi? Somehow I can notice at a glance if an anime is made by kyoani or not just from the chara designs, like there's something distinct that distinguishes their designs from other studios, and it's also pretty apparent on the male mc of this anime. The girls of kyoani reminds me a bit of Horiguchi's moeblob design (except chuu2) and the boys remind me of Nishiya Futoshi's male designs for Hyouka and Free, although those 2 animes especially the former have more details on the hair.
Oct 9, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
LOL!
Everyone discussing about Isuzu's naked body. D:
Well, that was hot anyways. :P

SO! First episode!
WOW! It's so weird. o-o

But, I like it. :3 I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those anime where you have to have some sort of creative mind, or whatever.
I don't know, that's just my point of view. o-o

But, the anime itself....
The first episode....there's already a kiss scene between the main protagonist Seiya and the "Mage from Maple Island" Latifa.
And....some sort of mysterious past between them is shown? o-o
Meep, wonder what that is?

AND! Seiya has been bestowed with the magic of reading people's minds. :3 Nice....this is gonna go well. :3
I can already....TELL! :3
Oct 9, 2014 11:19 AM

Nov 2012
Was a fairly boring first episode, but I guess that's what they were trying to convey what the amusement park was like.. Had a few wry smiles during the episode, but no laughing..

The premise seems pretty bland, the main girl and guy are okay so far. I'll watch another 2 episodes, but this will probably be dropped if the next two episodes don't really grab my attention.

His power to read minds at the end I admit makes it more interesting. I don't really care about saving those magical people and him sprucing up the park..
Oct 9, 2014 11:32 AM

Sep 2014
Well... I was really surprised with this... I just saw like two anime of kyoto animation that have like a "muah" moment and take ages for that. But in this, we have already a kiss and good nudity.
So... I don't know. I liked it but I was not amused. Weird I must say. It's early for me to have a secure opinion. Let's see...
Marta_Osuwari
Oct 9, 2014 12:02 PM

Feb 2012
Thank you based KyoAni!
Oct 9, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Veronin said:
Fantasee said:

Lol. People who are overly picky like this will find it hard to like 99% of anime. But if you want to severely hamper your enjoyment of a show by complaining about things like this, be my guest.

That's not being "overly nitpicky". It's this thing called "having standards". And I am not going to apologise for having standards simply because a few people on MAL are incapable of handling criticism towards some Asian cartoon they sort of enjoyed.

I don't care if you dislike the show or not, so let's get that out of the way immediately. And for what it's worth, I don't disagree that it was an underwhelming first episode. But I can't help to wonder what you expected ABP to be, or why you decided to watch it in the first place. It was obvious that a lot of the points you made were going to be in the show from the beginning. Given that, your post just came off as whiny to me.
Oct 9, 2014 3:03 PM

Aug 2014
Wow I think KyoAni did a really good job this time.
The art looks fantastic as ever, animation looks nice as well.
Interested to see what will happen next. :3
Btw how the heck Isuzu got out that gun from under her skirt? O.o
Oooh fanservice in like 5 seconds. Not really worth it IMO.
This one probably one of my favorites this season.
Oct 9, 2014 3:22 PM

May 2009
Okay... I WTF'd a few times. lol.
I like the main character. He's full with energy and so full of himself. LOL.
Too bad I don't like ecchi. This might be an annoying factor.
The animation was good though.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 9, 2014 3:30 PM

Jun 2010
sevendeadlywins said:

Agreed for the most part, although you didn't exacrly have to bash him to make those points. Interested in the "loli that isn't a loli" that you mentioned, though - sexualized children tend to bother me, especially if it's justified by it being an Actually Older person (ex: monogatari's shinobu & hachikuji).

It wasn't my intention to bash on him... oh, well.
But yea, to be honest, the loli is definitely the most interesting aspect of the books so far.
There's a lot of background story to be told about her, and the first episode -intentionally- left everything on the dark, just gave the slight hint that she and MC met during his childhood.
(and also the mandatory kissu)
I won't say "rest assured, KyoAni will never sexualize their lolis", tho... This "new" KyoAni is surprisingly unpredictable, but even though they are finally coming back to their roots and inserting some pleasuring eye candy, still note that the girls with more flashing outfits aren't that young while Latifah stayed "covered" in most of the scenes -and will likely continue like this-.
xbobxOct 9, 2014 4:51 PM
Oct 9, 2014 10:21 PM

Feb 2010
This was pretty fun. It's too early too tell sine most of the cast has yet to be introduced, but the setting/premise looks quirky and interesting so the potential is definitely there.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 9, 2014 11:57 PM
Sep 2013
Well, we have some good animation and soundtrack. I can almost smell the drama that's going to come along the series. The characters seems great, I'll keep watching. Also, the MC reminds me of Haruka from Free!, it's kinda amusing xD
Oct 10, 2014 4:49 AM

Mar 2013
nice introduce of the show concept,
waited so much for this anime ever since its announce
hope it will not disappointing so far great show.
Oct 10, 2014 5:11 AM

Mar 2012
Is this going to air every day? Why are there 2 episode already?
Oct 10, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2014
So far so good :)
Quite an interesting concept.
Oct 10, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
YES! We have Ichijou Raku, also known as Orimura Ichika voicing the mc, i'm gonna enjoy watching this.
Oct 10, 2014 5:24 PM

Dec 2011
And I thought we would get something like managing a real amusement park... but seeing the musket out of nowhere at the start... hmm, seems this would have battle/fights. Can't wait to see how this premise develop.

And yes, the animation is good. Oh KyoAni.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2014 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
I was having a bit of an anime depression.This series cheered me up alot.
so glad. 5/5
Oct 11, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
Read the 5 chapters of manga before. I was looking forward to this and overall I liked it, I must say the manga was better imo. Gotta read the LN too.
-nice to see Bontakun after such a while
-the only thing I find boring is the princess, way too cliché, I'm glad that the other girl is not as annoying as I though she'd be
Oct 11, 2014 4:01 PM

Oct 2013
I was pleasantly surprised.

No wonder the park is so s***, its managed by a 10 year old girl..... Ahh damn everything was going so well, until that cliche kiss and the loli appeared.... dat kiss tho, spreading magic by kissing? >,> Ahh and dat pointless fanservice of the best grill was so pointless.

Was going to rate the series 9/10 so far, but due to the fanservice and the cliche kiss, its an 8, still IMO great but damn I can already see this going downhill because of those two things, mainly the fanservice. And I feel like this is going to be a harem anime :/ or at the very least have a very pointlessly annoying love triangle.
I am a human.
Oct 11, 2014 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
That park sucks lol
Oct 11, 2014 10:48 PM

Feb 2012
That walking copyright violation is giving me FMP withdrawls, good ep.
Oct 12, 2014 8:59 AM

May 2011
Tropes sell. Even though they bother me I still laugh in the end.

I don't know much about signatures but I think they're cool.

Hope you're having a nice day.
Oct 12, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
KyoAni doing doing lewd as... kissing?! Count me in.

More seriously, I find the concept pretty cool. That park seem so depressing and depraved, but it look like it really have a real objective behind it.

Isuzu Sento is crazily hilarious. The way she was presenting thing was so monotone, but it really seemed entertaining for her. She's my favorite so far :3
''It's a love hotel...''
''EHHH?!''
''It's a love hotel...''
''She said it twice!!!''

Kanie seem like a good potential character. There is a lot of character progression possible with that type of character, I hope they make it subtle.

Dat nice butt at the end... I'm sold. Yeah, I'm easy to entertain...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 12, 2014 5:38 PM

Apr 2014
Valaskjalf said:
JhysenTheAsian said:

isn't it cuz it's the same author ?

Yup found that out after i looked it up on wikipedia lol
Oct 12, 2014 6:55 PM

Jun 2014
This OST makes me rock hard.
Oct 12, 2014 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
Well the first few minutes of this show were quite interesting. The MC was being threatened by a woman pointing a musket as him.

Great episode!!!
Oct 13, 2014 12:53 PM

Mar 2008
6/5 super loved it (your vote)

Ahh, this was great! I'm anticipating more and deciding whether I want to wait 'till it's finished so that I can watch it in one go or keep up each week. Hmm.

Isuzu is awesome and the OP is lots of fun.
Oct 13, 2014 1:19 PM
Jan 2010
kanye and 50sento in wonderland
Oct 13, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2011
I thought I wasn't going to like this show from reading the synopsis but the first episode was really great! The storytelling kept my attention throughout and I'm excited to watch more. Can't stop thinking about the OP song.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2014

367 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
Aug 29, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

277 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
Aug 29, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

174 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
Aug 29, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

176 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
Aug 27, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

188 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
Aug 27, 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.