Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2014 4:11 PM

Apr 2011
Honestly I can totally see the article writer's point. There was zero tension in this final episode. It's a big, climactic fight and the series can't even be bothered to present us with anything more than wave after wave of faceless doomed mooks. The one antagonist they bothered to come up with was dispatched by the B team in a minute or two.

Was the whole series shit because of it? No, there were some good parts. But yeah, Tatsuya made this series boring as hell. When your hero is that overpowered and you never provide a nemesis even stronger than that, then your show just sucks. Honestly when Miyuki used Niflheim to freeze those giant mechs in their tracks, this show jumped the shark for me.
Sep 28, 2014 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
Once again(emphasis on the "again"), Tatsuya godlike onii-sama confirmed.

Well, it weird. I'm quite relieved that this is over, but I also want moar. Season 2 pls.
Sep 28, 2014 6:27 PM

May 2010
MagicianX26 said:
Frostav said:
http://moesucks.com/2014/09/27/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-ep-26-finale-the-least-exciting-ending-ever/

The above link is the objective truth.

Stay mad, fanshits.

Y should I be mad?

The fact that you swallow what that guy has written means you have no trace of common sense. The fact is, this series had no sense of racism, nationalism or whatever political bullshit you insist on since day one.

Therefore, you have a lack of judgemental thinking. I suggest looking through your own understanding of politics.

>common sense
>implying Mahouka fans such as yourself have common sense when you've been proving otherwise in your posts

I dunno, at least the writer isn't actively denying what's clearly there. So who's lacking common sense again?
Sep 28, 2014 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
It was a rather unexciting finale, but that doesn't mean I disliked the show. It was kind of funny seeing that Tatsuya also had the ability to be a nuclear weapon.
Sep 28, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2013
Good series. Epic finale. That Material Burst.

Anyone read the review that 5camp kid wrote? What a douchebag. Haters with poor taste will always hate.

A lot of people are complaining that Tatsuya I too OP and "is basically god-like". Yea people...that's the whole fucking point. He was experimented on to basically be a magic weapon. His whole existence would be worthless if he wasn't a god.

Another thing people are complaing about was how the GAA were basically cardboard cutout villains and didn't make the fights interesting. Again...that was the point. This whole arc was meant to show the difference between scrubs with guns, and the power of magicians. THEY LITERALLY SAY THAT AT THE END OF THIS EPISODE.

I liked the series a bunch. Art and music were good. Tatsuya was godly. Miyuki was goddessly. The harem girls were all nice too. They explained all the magic being used so it didn't make everything look like asspulls.

They left a lot of stuff open there at the end so hopefully we'll see a second season sometime. Personally I want to see more of the sexy Aunt, who despite the good looks is clearly a scheming villain.
Sep 28, 2014 8:06 PM
May 2012
ONLY EP 16 WAS WORTH IT IN MY OPINION! REST WAS MEH!!
Sep 28, 2014 8:54 PM

May 2010
Jonesy974 said:
Good series. Epic finale. That Material Burst.

Anyone read the review that 5camp kid wrote? What a douchebag. Haters with poor taste will always hate.

A lot of people are complaining that Tatsuya I too OP and "is basically god-like". Yea people...that's the whole fucking point. He was experimented on to basically be a magic weapon. His whole existence would be worthless if he wasn't a god.

Another thing people are complaing about was how the GAA were basically cardboard cutout villains and didn't make the fights interesting. Again...that was the point. This whole arc was meant to show the difference between scrubs with guns, and the power of magicians. THEY LITERALLY SAY THAT AT THE END OF THIS EPISODE.

I liked the series a bunch. Art and music were good. Tatsuya was godly. Miyuki was goddessly. The harem girls were all nice too. They explained all the magic being used so it didn't make everything look like asspulls.

They left a lot of stuff open there at the end so hopefully we'll see a second season sometime. Personally I want to see more of the sexy Aunt, who despite the good looks is clearly a scheming villain.

Quoting for posterity. When your story is so bad that apologists try to justify it by saying "THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT, JOKES ON YOU PEOPLE"

C'mon, Mahouka ain't satire. Occam's razor just says it's plain bad.
Sep 28, 2014 8:54 PM

Jun 2012
I did enjoy the series. Was it great? Not really. I was kind of excited for that last arc, but there was no real tension whatsoever. They were trying to make me think they were in bad shape, but all I could see was terrorist getting their ass kicked throughout the whole operation.

Tatsuya's op-ness, mixed bag for me. It didn't make me dislike the show, but what it does is taking out all the tension from the show and makes it predictable, for any scenes he takes part in that is. While it does seems he has a price to pay for his godly powers, it's not really shown on screen. If there is a second season, I do hope we get to see Tatsuya more vulnerable. And he's not really that lovable too. I guess that would be my biggest complain. He is a robot, a unbalanced robot that needs a nerf. A shame, because otherwise I would have enjoyed it alot more I think. Still a 7/10 overall for me.
Sep 28, 2014 9:36 PM
Apr 2014
Jonesy974 said:

he's right though. at the end of the nine schools arc, tatsuya vaporized the bad guys in their own hideout from miles away to stop their final plot.

at the end of the yokohama arc, he 1shotted an entire army. come on now. no tension at all once he gets involved.

it wasn't all bad though. it benefited from good production, and an interesting setting. i just feel they could have developed different subplots, maybe even added some backstory. so we'd have some arcs that DON'T end with tatsuya twitching his nose 3 times and solving everything with ease.
Sep 28, 2014 9:39 PM

Jul 2008
wrenchbread said:
MagicianX26 said:

Y should I be mad?

The fact that you swallow what that guy has written means you have no trace of common sense. The fact is, this series had no sense of racism, nationalism or whatever political bullshit you insist on since day one.

Therefore, you have a lack of judgemental thinking. I suggest looking through your own understanding of politics.

>common sense
>implying Mahouka fans such as yourself have common sense when you've been proving otherwise in your posts

I dunno, at least the writer isn't actively denying what's clearly there. So who's lacking common sense again?

Please don't put every Mahouka fan in the same bucket.

I won't (actually can't) deny everything that blogger said about the show because some of it is true. I think that Mahouka, on the surface, do not have a good story and it has everything but good characters. What I thought make Mahouka a good read is what has been mostly omitted in most of the anime: World building and descriptions.
That blogger tried too hard to incorporate humor and derision into his points. He doesn't meant to give an objective outlook on the anime but to simply make fans of the anime angry and I find that despicable. While he may have tried to create a speech rich in content, it is completely ruined by it's form.

I like the novels, I actually enjoy reading them and that is the only reason I have managed to find this anime enjoyable to begin with. Had I not read the novels, it is possible I would have dropped it altogether. We're all entitled to like whatever we wants, I like a lot of show that I know are full of flaws and I'm not getting on my horse every time someone point those to me. If the information is incorrect I will correct it, if it is correct then what does that change? Should I stop liking what I like because someone pointed it's flaw to me? If I have the right to like and dislike whatever I want then everyone has this right. I might not understand why anyone can like or dislike a X thing but accepting it is one the best form of respect you can do to someone.

We live in a society where incest is taboo. Now I do not mind incest but some people do. Fans need to acknowledge that what they call 'wincest' can be looked down upon and can be seen as a negative point. You can bite and say that X guy isn't open minded because he doesn't think like you but that's doing the exact same thing as him: You aren't open minded enough to accept that not everyone is open minded in the same area as you.

You (fans) are coming on this thread like it was your territory and want to hold a one sided discussion about how fantastic the latest episode has been or how X was better in the novel and may god forgive anyone who doesn't think like you or one of your beloved brethren. I do not remember WrenchBread (or most of those you fans call haters) insult and disrespect anyone so why are you allowed to? I don't know if it's because I like actually discussing my anime (and not jump on some one line bandwagon about how a show is shit/awesome) but I enjoy people trying to make these discussion thread serves their initial purpose: discuss.

Whenever anyone point something negative about the show there's that brigade that just appear out of nowhere doing literally everything to protect what they consider a masterpiece from being tainted. If someone say the show lack tension there will be some fans that'll come write an essay about how this scene should have had tension with most of his explanation coming from the novels and if you do not agree with him you're either a troll or a retard, sounds pretty damn hypocritical to me.
The same apply when someone says that a scene do not make sense.

Congratulation guys, you read a book. I'm sure it was a different change from reading manga or other picture books and I'm also sure that most LN readers haven't read a two digit amount of novels. Coming here to explain in details why a scene make sense when it obviously do not make sense with the anime alone isn't only out of place, it seems like an attempt to be a condescending elitist. "I read novel, I can understand why this scene should have made sense so I am obviously superior to you".

It would be fun if everyone could have fun discussing. We all have different taste and being angry over these differences is pointless and destructive. I would like to encourage everyone to hold a proper and mature discussion and if you are starting to get angry you are welcome to continue arguing with your arguing partner outside of the threads.
Sep 28, 2014 10:03 PM

Apr 2013
8/10
Too OP. Everyone watching this might as well be Tatsuya and not shed a single tear or enjoyment. You already know the outcomes when anyone is facing against true god of the series.
Sep 28, 2014 10:28 PM

Apr 2012
Material Burst, The main spectacle B)
Tatsuya successfully send fatal blow to the enemy

Nice anime, S2 pls :D
8/10

Sep 28, 2014 11:57 PM

Apr 2012
Not bad for the show, definitely one of the best episodes of the series.

Lu Gonghu shown to be a human powerhouse, only Mayumi beat him by outsmarting him. That was really believable. Loved watching the team getting the daylights kicked out of them.

It's revealed Tatsuya's super healing is what causes his magical deficiency, but comes at some twisted price. Still though, he's not inherently bad at it, it's that he's running a spell at all times on top of everything else. God-like power is finally showing its upper limits. Tatsuya shows no visible distress using his healing powers.

Miyuki is protected by an Eidos backup, up to twenty four hours.

It's still going to be a 3.5 in my ratings.

Just because you intentionally created a Gary Stu MC doesn't mean you're allowed to in writing and get away with it. There are things you can play around with it, but this is silly. He's also a one-man army, lightning bruiser, and devoid of all weakness. Did we also mention he's invincible? Sorry, that loses tons of points right there, since it makes conflicts with the MC (read: most of them) very boring and simply there to have the MC flex his muscles.

Too many things added for the sake of moving along the plot. Author is guilty of a long list of generally bad tropes.

Characters are flat, one dimensions, including the MC. Miyuki is the only one who appears to have a semblance of a personality.

Plot, which gets a lot of bad device help, is mediocre, full of holes, and generally boring.

Screen play and animation are trash.

All contributing to the low score of the entire anime for me.
SakuriruSep 29, 2014 12:04 AM
Sep 29, 2014 3:57 AM
Feb 2013
Tynker said:
I did enjoy the series. Was it great? Not really. I was kind of excited for that last arc, but there was no real tension whatsoever. They were trying to make me think they were in bad shape, but all I could see was terrorist getting their ass kicked throughout the whole operation.

Tatsuya's op-ness, mixed bag for me. It didn't make me dislike the show, but what it does is taking out all the tension from the show and makes it predictable, for any scenes he takes part in that is. While it does seems he has a price to pay for his godly powers, it's not really shown on screen. If there is a second season, I do hope we get to see Tatsuya more vulnerable. And he's not really that lovable too. I guess that would be my biggest complain. He is a robot, a unbalanced robot that needs a nerf. A shame, because otherwise I would have enjoyed it alot more I think. Still a 7/10 overall for me.

Hear, hear. I think the 'haters' here do too much their best to hate, and the fanboys are too much fapping about it.

It was an ok anime: nothing great, but nothing really bad neither. Of course, it depends on the expectations one has, but as a pop-corn anime with some nifty concepts but not too great of an execution, one pretty much has nailed it.

It's not going to get in my top 10 most favourite anime for sure, but there is a lot worse out there, and I still found it mildly entertaining and enjoyable. As for the weak points in the series, while one should not deny there are, people like the one on 'Moe Sucks' does his best to focus on the bad things just to be obnoxious about it, and, what's worse, doesn't even try to be objective in analysing any anime. He's negative by default, and he can't take any criticism of his own work, while he's criticising other peoples' work. And I know, because I've tried to reason with him before, pointing out some illogical argumentation in some of his reviews. He didn't take it too well, and became even more of an asshole. Does this mean he's always wrong? No, often he makes some valid points, but he destroys his own credibility by not doing any effort to stay objective, make any nuance and can't take any criticism himself (which makes it pretty 'dabbling in hypocrisy'). In short, he's a douchebag who's not really interested in trying to give a decent, objective review, but is more interested in putting down anime by glorifying his own opinion as IF it were an elaborate, neutral analysis based on facts - a thin veil indeed, though. His main purpose is that of a typical troll, albeit he puts more effort in it, and isn't as obvious: he's an attention-seeker and revels in the attention (even or especially the negative) he gets form people.

To see some here use his blog as a 'reference' makes me chuckle, though it makes me sad as well, because some people might actually swallow his crap for truth, instead of thinking for themselves.

And the truth lays, as usual, somewhere in the middle. The guy there, or the trolls here, aren't completely wrong in all their points. But they're not really interested in any of that; they want to evoke a response, any response. I know one shouldn't feed them, but it DOES get annoying after a time, I must admit. If they REALLY thought it so bad, they should have dropped it long ago, not waste their time anymore on it, and watch something they do feel is interesting. Of course, they never do. They keep telling, week after week, how bad and awful and what a waste of time it is. They do that, because they derive pleasure in provoking people with that, nothing more, nothing less. It's utterly childish. But you have people like that.

The series wasn't great, but it was still ok. The execution wasn't done all that well, and the OP-ness of the MC did take the tension away and made the battle(s) predictable. They should have introduced a nemesis (the dr.Moriarty for Sherlock), or at least a major vulnerability as a counterweight, but didn't, which made it a bit unbalanced. But having weaknesses doesn't mean the anime was totally shit, it just means it could have been better. Compare this series with a lot of others of this (and last) season, and one has to conclude it's still better than average compared to those. One could argue it's been a weak season, but still, it doesn't deserve to be put down as 'the worst animation in years', as the author of Moe Sucks implies.

As a general evaluation, I would say that for people looking for a fairly entertaining pop-corn anime who don't mind some wincest- implied references, the series is rather enjoyable. If one is looking for a superb anime which balances tension, characterisation and an intricate story with surprising (sub)plots, you better look for something else.
Sep 29, 2014 4:06 AM

Mar 2008
I can't help but feel that in the end it was a pointless and banal series
Sep 29, 2014 4:46 AM
May 2014
Somehow the reactions mostly seem to say: We want our usual whiny bratty whipped male MC back.

Unbalanced.. Well, there are insanely rich guys irl, there's also very poor people out there..Balanced?
Btw, that was one of the points that was made in the last arc, as said at the end of the last episode.
It isn't really that far from when some started using gunpowder weapons while most didn't have (or knew about) such a thing.

As you probably know, it's been numerous transitions like that until today.
konatachan80Sep 29, 2014 4:59 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Sep 29, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm i don't know, i feel really confused about this anime. While i think that some episodes were great, it wasn't really that exciting. The whole magic vs mechanical never got to me, possibly because about 80 percent was about what happened at the school. I don't know.. i might need to watch it again someday because i feel like some pieces are missing.
Sep 29, 2014 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
konatachan80 said:
Somehow the reactions mostly seem to say: We want our usual whiny bratty whipped male MC back.

Unbalanced.. Well, there are insanely rich guys irl, there's also very poor people out there..Balanced?
Btw, that was one of the points that was made in the last arc, as said at the end of the last episode.
It isn't really that far from when some started using gunpowder weapons while most didn't have (or knew about) such a thing.

As you probably know, it's been numerous transitions like that until today.

Oh come on, there aren't just two types of MC one can have. But Tatsuya...Tatsuya isn't a Gary Stu,he's basically a godlike being,one that's boring as heck to watch. A whiney MC might've been more entertaining to a degree at least.
Sep 29, 2014 10:48 AM
Apr 2014
No tension
No wrap ups
No character development
No story to begin with
Boring characters
Bad Writing
Cliche

No Gods No Masters/10

I can't complain though, this is what people wanted. OP with a side of incest. That's anime for you.
Hai forces
Sep 29, 2014 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
Sacrieur said:
Lu Gonghu shown to be a human powerhouse
how was he a human powerhouse? he was defeated in 3 minutes and was seen/talked about as the biggest threat so far in the anime.. just pathetic villains all over the place.
Sep 29, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
A bit confusing at the start, but summed it all up over the anime course.
Not exactly something special but it was good.
7/10
Sep 29, 2014 11:41 AM

Dec 2011
So that's the end, at least for now.

The last episode was better than episode 25, for sure. Glad they didn't cut out the explanation about Regrowth. And also loved the animation of Material Burst.

I'm still maintain that they should make Enrollment and 9SC arc in one season, and then the Yokohama arc in the next season, that way they won't have to cut a lot of interesting stuff and scenes in the LN. I would recommend anyone who enjoyed or liked this series to read the novel, it helps a lot to fill the missing 'pages'.

Overall, this series has its ups and downs. The fight/battle scenes were the best part, while the lack of internal monologues was the worst part.

I think now they would animate volume 8, the hints are all there, maybe as a short movie or something. I shall wait for it.
I do hope they will make the second season out of this, still plenty of materials there. And oh, this time, please make a whole season for the next arc :)
Sep 29, 2014 11:45 AM

Oct 2013
GloriousKaiser said:

No tension
No wrap ups
No character development
No story to begin with
Boring characters
Bad Writing
Cliche

No Gods No Masters/10

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Mahouka. It was the most boring anime I watched. I'm sure there are ones much more boring out but I just drop those. I just forced myself through this after 14 eps in when I was ready to drop it just to see how much more OP can they make Tatsuya and how many times will we hear "onii-sama" from Miyuki. But it was boring as hell all the way through. I usually just drop shows that I'd rate lower than 5 or even 6 at times, but sometimes a few slip by.

Mahouka get's a 3/10 from me. The 1st season of SAO is better than this,maybe significantly so and this is coming from someone who gave SAO 1 a 6/10. As for SAO II, it blow's Mahouka out of the water so far. That being said, I'm gonna a 2nd season if it ever get's one for pretty much the same reasons I continued to watch this.
Sep 29, 2014 11:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So how are they going to top in the next season (if there is one)? Change the orbit of the planet or something?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 29, 2014 11:47 AM

Apr 2008
Marzan said:
So how are they going to top in the next season (if there is one)? Change the orbit of the planet or something?

Black holes
Sep 29, 2014 12:39 PM

Feb 2013
I liked it. I think I'm going to miss all of the onii-sama's lol.

7/10
Sep 29, 2014 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
unmemorable_hero said:
I liked it. I think I'm going to miss all of the onii-sama's lol.

7/10

All 167 of them eh?
Sep 29, 2014 2:25 PM

May 2013
3.79 Onii-sama per minute...
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 29, 2014 2:28 PM

Nov 2013
jakkubus said:
3.79 Onii-sama per minute...
22 minutes * 26 episodes = 572 minutes.

So it's actually 0.29 Oni-sama per minute.

Unless they only count the time she was on screen.

Edit: It is about 6 or 7 per episode though which is a better rate representation than per minute anyway.
Sep 29, 2014 4:35 PM

Mar 2012
Summary of this anime:

Tatsuya is the real kami-onii-sama.
Sep 29, 2014 6:07 PM
Jul 2011
For Koreans, they see Tatsuya as a mass murderer because of episode 26.

First Material Burst Tatsuya was ordered to activate to destroy the retreating army of the Great Asian Alliance might have been okay to them.
However the second Material Burst, where it destoryed the part of the Korean territory, Geogado and Korean's lands and islands I do not know about, actually in this series that place is not Korea anymore though.

The novel says there were no civilians caught up in the blast, since none of them living in the place, but the they believe that is impossible.
Thinking "How there are no civilians living in there?", "That's just some absurd settings!", complaining, "Why would Tatsuya treated as a hero!".

They think that in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei has that Japan army settings, how Korea is taken over by China, leaving Japanese independent and a lot more.
They do not mind about how Japan in the series also looks bad.
Ten Master Clans, and Hundred Families are elite and having the elitism symbol, despite how bad it is.
Even though Blanche members are Japanese, I haven't see any comments about them, I think.

Moreover, they think this series proved that the Japan still not admiting what they did in the past to other countries, thinking like Japan is distorting history, on and on.

And Japanese fan of this series.
Koreans knows some comments that how Japanese are feeling too good about this series, in a way that how country of Japan is superior, maybe it is my imagination.
Some Japanese seems counter-argued that, "It is just fiction, it does not matter as long as it is fun.", something like this comment.
Koreans argued again, "Would it be alright that, if Material blast destroyed your country?".
It looks like Koreans are not really happy about how this series is so popular in Japan, how there are fourteen volumes as of now.

In my opinion though, I also think that it is not good that this series exists.
This series not only represents Japan, but biggest of all represents the feelings and personality of the person who wrote this series.
Tsutomu Satou, the author of this series.
Still, there is no helping it.
We, humans always want something after all.
We are all the same, what each person want diffrent things, whether it is good or bad.
Sep 29, 2014 7:34 PM

May 2014
For anyone interested,the manga for Mahouka Koukou no Rettouseii: Tsuioku-hen (adaption of volume 8 Reminiscence Chapter ) is already translated up to chapter 7 of the manga,if you want to know about the siblings past before Miyuki went onii-sama crazy,but too lazy to read the LN :)
Sep 29, 2014 8:50 PM
Apr 2014
Destroy all chinese bad men.
Hai forces
Sep 29, 2014 9:45 PM

May 2012
This show was pretty confusing, I guess I enjoyed it. It has been fun.

8/10
Sep 30, 2014 4:06 AM

Nov 2012
In all fairness.. having an OP character with an OP ability and OP strength.. really didnt make the ending so spectacular >.< It was expected and cliche and it didnt really give me the same hype as Episode 16. Nevertheless, there is definitely a season 2 coming :D
Sep 30, 2014 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
Despite all the criticism I am proudly admit that I loved this anime. It's great for once to see a main character who is both STRONG and COOL-HEADED. Most anime's have either weak whiny wimpy protagonists or wimpy whiny weak protagonists. Ok maybe theres some exaggeration but hopefully you get the point. I absolutely loved fact that Tatsuya was immensely powerful, maybe to the point of overpowered. Loved his calm commanding-demeanour. And lastly I loved the sibling-care he had.

Although I loved the series as a whole I was still a little disappointed with this episode...
Lillibo0 said:
In all fairness.. having an OP character with an OP ability and OP strength.. really didnt make the ending so spectacular >.< It was expected and cliche and it didnt really give me the same hype as Episode 16. Nevertheless, there is definitely a season 2 coming :D
I absolutely agree. Having an OP character I really felt no excitement or climax this episode...I was hoping to see some badass 1 on 1 skills not some nuclear sniping.

Nevertheless great anime. Immensely hoping for a second season.

P.S. I loved all the onii-sama. Miyuki is adorable. Will miss her. Tatsuya x Miyuki XDDD (I don't approve of incest but at this moment I still have no idea if they are blood related siblings...After all they mentioned that they were twins but born on different months on the first episode). Edit: Don't hate. I haven't read the LN so I still have no idea what exactly is going on.
Oct 1, 2014 2:03 AM

Feb 2012
I like how right after he created a giant ass crater, he just stared and admired his work.
I was annoyed with Tatsuya at first, but then I realized him as our lord and savior.
I pray to Godsuya we get another season, amen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2014 1:31 PM

Jan 2010
The scene where Tatsuya was flying above the mecha.
Only one word came to my mind.
JESUS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2010
Tatsuya and his Power Rangers were invincible till the end
The actions were spectacular!
Two shots with the third eye were disturbing to me as if the memories of two A-bombs have been faded

Join the army! Even your farts will magicly kill the enemy in range, but yourself
Adding a Three Kingdom reference too as if they whirlwinded their opponents like Dynasty Warriors
Poor Lu Gonghu

Miyuki got to hug Tatsuya at the end and that's a plus... I guess
Oct 1, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 2010
rladls717 said:
For Koreans, they see Tatsuya as a mass murderer because of episode 26.

In my opinion though, I also think that it is not good that this series exists.
This series not only represents Japan, but biggest of all represents the feelings and personality of the person who wrote this series.
Tsutomu Satou, the author of this series.
Still, there is no helping it.
We, humans always want something after all.
We are all the same, what each person want diffrent things, whether it is good or bad.

Interesting view, I wonder what the rest of East-Asia would think of the second half especially China and Russia

Tsutomu Satou would probably respond:"Stop pirating and I'll write some sexy story about you"
But it's scary indeed
Oct 1, 2014 10:22 PM

Jan 2011
these stuff about the heroic japanese vs the evil guys didnt bother me, we see this all the time with hollywood movies, the only difference its that its Merica saving the world from the evil guys

anyways its faster to mention the stuff i liked about this show, a few tracks were good, animation was good for the most part an i liked Erikas design (not the character itself just her design) an thats about it

3/10
Oct 2, 2014 5:19 AM

Oct 2010
I-I'm actually kinda genuinely surprised that I was able to tolerate this series without too much trouble. Onii-sama is probably one of the most overpowered, broken characters ever.....but I was ok with the way it was done.

He wasn't played up to be some self insert underdog that somehow always manages to defeat the enemy, screams about friendship and constantly says how unlikable he is while having a massive harem *cough* Jesus/Kirito-kun *cough* The show basically tells you straight away "this guy is broken as fuck......now watch as he kills some people" and when he let loose in the final arc it was actually kinda cool.

I'd take this over SAO every day of the week (though I don't know if that's saying much) I was actually able to watch it without feeling like the writer was insulting me.
Oct 2, 2014 8:33 AM

Sep 2010
The Gary-Stu at magic high school.... But still enjoyable even though it's predictable as fuck.....

6.5/10
Oct 2, 2014 8:42 AM
Aug 2014
Thank god/tatsuya it's over...
Not an entirely bad series, but it rly lacked any kind of actual problem that is not solved within minutes.

It is nice to know, that Tatsuya is supirior in any way and can do kind of everything. But hell, couldn'T they think about at least one enemy, that gives someone a challenge? Not just Tatsuya, but anyone. Lu Gonhu, the only enemy who can use fighting magic, defeated almost as easy as these weird fighting robots, designed to be oneshoted...

And half the series used for school issues, which would be cool, if at least there happened something else than Tatsuya making everyboy win.

6/10, for good animation and somewhat enjoyable scenes.
Oct 3, 2014 4:07 AM

May 2010
If only Leo was the main protagonist instead of Tatsuya, this show could be far more entertaining.

I would give it a 6 or 7. Well I am in a good mood right now so 7 it is (tho I will most likely change it to 6 some days later) I really liked some side-characters like Erika, Leo, Shizuku etc. as well as some pairings (not including the onii-sama pairing)

Bye-bye Mahouka.
Oct 3, 2014 5:22 AM
May 2014
TragicRomance said:
If only Leo was the main protagonist instead of Tatsuya, this show could be far more entertaining.

I would give it a 6 or 7. Well I am in a good mood right now so 7 it is (tho I will most likely change it to 6 some days later) I really liked some side-characters like Erika, Leo, Shizuku etc. as well as some pairings (not including the onii-sama pairing)

Bye-bye Mahouka.

Well, Leo is far from weak, but not particulary strong either.
Based on "placement" within the school that would be something similar to a story about your
regular guy. Leo belongs there from the beginning, while Tatsuya doesn't.

With that, the english title would have to be "A Student at Magic High School" or something like that.
konatachan80Oct 3, 2014 5:26 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 3, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2013
season II?

Rate : (10/10) from me
made by bunnyama
Oct 4, 2014 4:31 AM
Jul 2010
Leo is considered to actually be a very powerful fighter in the mahouka verse. Don't compare characters to Tatsuya if you want to find out whether they're strong or not, the number of magicians in the entire world who can fight him in a death battle without any restriction can literally be calculated.
Oct 4, 2014 6:08 AM

Dec 2013
Mahouka.. Tch! it's over. it's my fav this season though.
many Kill, Godlike and Rampage by Tatsuya. novel done. Tatsuya.. i don't have interest.
and... this anime is like a prologue
Skill 1 - Mask Maker.
Skill 2 - Binding Spell.
Skill 3 - Conceal Darkness.
Skill 4 - Mind Shield..
Oct 4, 2014 6:58 AM
May 2014
Jirachier said:
Leo is considered to actually be a very powerful fighter in the mahouka verse. Don't compare characters to Tatsuya if you want to find out whether they're strong or not, the number of magicians in the entire world who can fight him in a death battle without any restriction can literally be calculated.

It usually can be calculated..
I sort of compared him to Jumonji and down (+an assumtion). He's high up when considering
just the student council and whatsitsname (the one Tatsuya is in), but compared to the entire school.. maybe not.

Except for whatsitsname, the commitees don't really have a reason to have particulary strong guys/girls there.
The school is for elites, so it wouldn't be a surprise if there are (several) others in the school, although
it hasn't really been mentioned (just an assumption).

Anyhow, as said they would have to change the title to something boring if they changed the MC.
konatachan80Oct 4, 2014 7:06 AM
-- Lord fifth
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.