Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2014 2:27 PM

Aug 2014
Musketeer X would have been a nice addition to the harem. The post-sex talk was okay.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Jun 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZEPUZ6UIUY

Worth to check. Explains some things

Something about this guys mannerisms and voice make me want to punch him...

Also I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but a lot of what he's saying makes me think that the series would have been so much better if we actually got to see more of this traumatized Kirito in the first season. The parallels he's talking about don't really make sense in the anime because the laughing coffin trauma was only seen via flashback (which also makes it a lot less powerful).

Additionally, I know that Shinon isn't (hopefully) going to end up in Kirito's harem. But people jumping to that conclusion aren't exactly without reason. The dialogue for the cry scene is VERY ambiguous with that regard (#getbetterwriters)
Sep 6, 2014 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
lol for a bit there I was afraid he was going to ride the white horse. a random white horse allowing him to get even closer to the definition of the prince on the white horse.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Sep 6, 2014 2:33 PM

Apr 2014
Quirkiness101 said:

Additionally, I know that Shinon isn't (hopefully) going to end up in Kirito's harem. But people jumping to that conclusion aren't exactly without reason. The dialogue for the cry scene is VERY ambiguous with that regard (#getbetterwriters)

You said that you know she (hopefully) isn't going to be apart of his harem, but I'd say the much safer bet is to believe that she will be. Kirito is just a slayer of his gurls. No-one can hide from his lady-killing abilities. You may as well say Sinon is already apart of it.
Nop.
Sep 6, 2014 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
Tyrantarmy6 said:
lol for a bit there I was afraid he was going to ride the white horse. a random white horse allowing him to get even closer to the definition of the prince on the white horse.

Lol Kirito knew better. He watched the opening theme and knew Death Gun had to ride a mech horse into an explosion ;)

BullSmit said:
You said that you know she (hopefully) isn't going to be apart of his harem, but I'd say the much safer bet is to believe that she will be. Kirito is just a slayer of his gurls. No-one can hide from his lady-killing abilities. You may as well say Sinon is already apart of it.

Everyone who read the LN PROMISED me she wouldn't just be another harem member so I'm really hoping they didn't mislead me...
Sep 6, 2014 2:36 PM
Apr 2014
Yohimo_asakura said:

Yea, guy knows his facts.

Well, maybe im bashing too much the animation cause they didn't make the chase part as good as the LN but well, if you have only watched the anime then it was a great animation overall... damn now i hate myself for reading the ln.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 6, 2014 2:37 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode it was great seeing Kirito and Sinon bonding with each. Wish there was more of that in SAO 1 but there wasnt. I just love Sinon she is much better than Asuna and she just wants someone to care about her and Kirito seems to be that person since her attitude is Kirito's back in SAO.
Great Episode 5/5
HikarusukeSep 6, 2014 2:40 PM
Sep 6, 2014 2:37 PM

Apr 2014
Quirkiness101 said:

Everyone who read the LN PROMISED me she wouldn't just be another harem member so I'm really hoping they didn't mislead me...

Well, I didn't read the LN, so take my statement with a grain of salt then. It's merely what I expect, haha.
Nop.
Sep 6, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
I swear the anime producers really love to show ass shots of Sinon.

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 6, 2014 2:47 PM
Apr 2014
Quirkiness101 said:
reyxe said:
What is they didn't know the reason? as far as I know, Sinon didn't tell anyone about that, probably some kid heard about it on the street and started to push her away, then told the other kids and bullying began, just like it happened in the actual story timeline.

I mean, so the fact that she shot someone would leak out, but the circumstances surrounding it wouldn't? It's not stuff like that can't happen, but it just feels contrived.

It's not an uncommon thing to happen, even IRL... i'm from Venezuela and those kind of things its like... daily bread for us, it's not the first time i've seen someone being excluded for doing self defense against some killer or robber, so I do think it's pretty normal.

As for the SinonxKirito thing, well:

Sep 6, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 2013
Reyxe said:
Quirkiness101 said:

I mean, so the fact that she shot someone would leak out, but the circumstances surrounding it wouldn't? It's not stuff like that can't happen, but it just feels contrived.

It's not an uncommon thing to happen, even IRL... i'm from Venezuela and those kind of things its like... daily bread for us, it's not the first time i've seen someone being excluded for doing self defense against some killer or robber, so I do think it's pretty normal.

I don't really have much experience with that sort of thing, so it just initially seemed really odd to me. Thanks for the clarification.
Sep 6, 2014 2:51 PM

Jul 2014
Marzan said:
There's something that annoys about SAO, and it's that you have these awesome fighting women, that get reduced to damsels in distress and Kirito has to come to the rescue. It's be refreshing if just for once, it was the other way around.

Anyways, Sinon has her breakdown moment. I hope there's not too many of those and they can become the tag team we've been waiting for.

Would be better if Kirito was about to be shot by Death Gun and Sinon saved him (like he said she would do if they were in that situation). Then Kirito would hopefully not break down but be like "wow thanks you're so cool lets win this game".
Sep 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2013
Something a bit less action-paced, and more plot oriented this time around. Can't say I really dislike it though, a good episode
Sep 6, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2013
I like the episode tbh, but sometimes I got bored when it reuses the same thing about their flashback. Still at least some character development for Kirito and Sinon about their conflict in the past. Also the drama and the emotions where pretty good, although it's like I'm watching it again from the previous episodes.

It felt slow and there are no action in here, though I still can't wait to see more.

Sep 6, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2013
vanelladeath said:
Something a bit less action-paced, and more plot oriented this time around. Can't say I really dislike it though, a good episode

Just saying, but character development and emotion != plot
Sep 6, 2014 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
Quirkiness101 said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

Also I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but a lot of what he's saying makes me think that the series would have been so much better if we actually got to see more of this traumatized Kirito in the first season. The parallels he's talking about don't really make sense in the anime because the laughing coffin trauma was only seen via flashback (which also makes it a lot less powerful).

I see... Hate makes people even more dumb, nothing new.

You are talking about things like you know about them, even though you haven't read novels.
First of all, he is not talking about LC thing. He is talking about the psychological difficulties all SAO players burdened after the game launched. If they showed Kirito thoughts, experiences and inner condition more accurately and more clearly, that would definitely made first season "better" for some people.

If you pay more attention to animation and dialog you can clearly see that Sinon isn't falling for him but only trying to understand Kirito, since he was exactly like her.

P.s If you have a will to punch people for their voices and mannerisms, something is really wrong with you. I recommend you to change such behavior. You are acting extremely selfish.
Sep 6, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2013
Musketeer X is hot.
Sep 6, 2014 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
Is everything in GGO too hard to ride? When we first saw the buggy's they were apparently too hard to use and now the horse is too? Why include them in the game then!? Or maybe Sinon is just awful at riding things... Anyway, this was a good episode with a nice showdown with Death Gun and a heart to heart between Sinon and Kirito, which put them on equal terms with one another with regard to their understanding of each other's situation and history. Now lets see a proper duel between Death Gun and Kirigod! (with help from Sinon probably)
Sep 6, 2014 3:05 PM
Jan 2012
my biggest beef with this ep:
- the chase hand holding shot+ the ramp ( Unnecessary action and made it so chessy that its cringe worthy), would be better if kirito just shouted : ur life depends on this, put everything u have into it
-some of the cave scenes were just so.....argggh. sharing ptsd story, fine. kids being assholes, fine. "take responsibility or burden for the rest of ur life" line and the people dont die alone thing......argghhh
Sep 6, 2014 3:06 PM
Aug 2013
I don't know if I can judge the anime correctly since I've read the LN, because all of the parts that they don't cover are automatically filled in for me in my head, so it's like I don't miss anything. I remember the confession scene being one of my favorite scenes in the LN, though, and in the anime it was a bit awkward and not as good, though Shinon's voice acting was great and I still got shivers when Kirito mentioned SAO.
Overall good episode.
Also...
SilvertideSep 6, 2014 3:12 PM
Sep 6, 2014 3:19 PM
Apr 2014
Silvertide said:
I don't know if I can judge the anime correctly since I've read the LN, because all of the parts that they don't cover are automatically filled in for me in my head, so it's like I don't miss anything. I remember the confession scene being one of my favorite scenes in the LN, though, and in the anime it was a bit awkward and not as good, though Shinon's voice acting was great and I still got shivers when Kirito mentioned SAO.
Overall good episode.
Also...

Better leave Suguha and Silica out and keep Lis, pls

Sep 6, 2014 3:21 PM
Aug 2014
I didn't really care for this episode. I realize Sinon went through a traumatic experience as a child and Death Gun caused her to relive it with his gun and the threat of death but I just find it hard to believe all the other guns and people shooting in the game didn't do the same thing. Having her go from super awesome to crying and so useless she couldn't even shoot the mechanical horse turned me off. I was done with the episode halfway through and had to force myself to finish it. I'd been enjoying the season up to this point (it moving a little slow aside) too.
Sep 6, 2014 3:22 PM

May 2008
Half of the episode was Kirito & Sinon running away from Death Gun scene, and the second half was them chatting about their past...

3/5
Sep 6, 2014 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
Quirkiness101 said:

I see... Hate makes people even more dumb, nothing new.

You are talking about things like you know about them, even though you haven't read novels.
First of all, he is not talking about LC thing. He is talking about the psychological difficulties all SAO players burdened after the game launched. If they showed Kirito thoughts, experiences and inner condition more accurately and more clearly, that would definitely made first season "better" for some people.

If you pay more attention to animation and dialog you can clearly see that Sinon isn't falling for him but only trying to understand Kirito, since he was exactly like her.

P.s If you have a will to punch people for their voices and mannerisms, something is really wrong with you. I recommend you to change such behavior. You are acting extremely selfish.

1.) I shouldn't have to read the LN to understand a characters motivations or attitudes. It's like saying a movie is good because a flaw is explained in the book. That just means that the book is good and the movie is flawed.
2.) He's talking about the psychological difficulties faced by those who kill people, which in Kirito's case is him killing the LC members (at least in these last few episodes).
3.) I'm assuming that you have read the LN from your comments, and I think that makes it much easier to read this because you know the ultimate outcome. I'm just saying that from the perspective of a non LN-reading viewer, it's not so clear-cut (and that might just be a translational thing, but it's still not as obvious as you're claiming).
4.) It's a figure of speech meaning that his mannerisms and voice annoy me. I generally don't actually punch people (I'd be more likely to hurt myself than them xD). Not sure how any of the above makes me selfish either.
Sep 6, 2014 3:34 PM
Apr 2014
Well, obviously the LN would explain more things than the anime, since LN is mostly written in Kirito's POV, so you could know his feelings and thoughts, same with manga, it's always more personal and informative than the anime.

That's the main reason I got so hooked with the LN, I read like a volume a day even while playing, going out and so on, from first volume, when Kirito told Asuna about his guildmates being killed, his thoughts were all of "I wanted to embrace her, but I couldn't, just... someone like me has no right to wish for a companion, let alone more than that", the LN has more character development and I seriously loved it, even though most of the time there's no need to actually say it cause, personally, i knew Kirito was thinking that kind of things, but reading the exact thoughts and feelings, just marvelous.

Sep 6, 2014 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
I'm surprised that the cave scene is not more intimate. o.O

I remember in LN that Kirito was even hoping that it wasn't filmed so that Asuna wouldn't see it.

Artwork from the LN depicting the scene: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131025065052/swordartonline/images/3/33/Vol_06_-_236.png
Sep 6, 2014 3:52 PM
Apr 2014
neilviosuy said:
Rinth said:
I'm surprised that the cave scene is not more intimate. o.O

I remember in LN that Kirito was even hoping that it wasn't filmed so that Asuna wouldn't see it.

Artwork from the LN depicting the scene: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131025065052/swordartonline/images/3/33/Vol_06_-_236.png

Yeah, I was just thinking about that after watching this episode. I imagined it to be a little more intimate. Either I imagined it wrong or the execution was just bad. IDK just felt lacking for me.

Or maybe something else happens next episode after he tells her? idk, i don't remember the LN so perfectly, lol

Sep 6, 2014 4:05 PM

Aug 2011
I didn't like this episode.
Frustrating, boring, annoying... Wtf is wrong with SAO II.
It's tooooooo bad. I'm glad to see only 1 episode by week
Sep 6, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2014
Always like that ...

Hero saves the princess ...
Sep 6, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2013
Alright episode.
Sep 6, 2014 4:17 PM

Feb 2013
Sinon is falling in love with Kirito, and he totally dodges having to reveal he has a girlfriend without really lying about his life situation. What a dick! Maybe Asuna saw it on the live feed... :>
Sep 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Dec 2013
I hope the next arc is better..
Sep 6, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2010
PencilSharpener said:
Musketeer X would have been a nice addition to the harem. The post-sex talk was okay.

You...I like you.
Also too bad he's in a relationship with Asuna, harem would be great.
Sep 6, 2014 4:29 PM

Apr 2012
Cheese and crackers that episode was awesome!

I could FEEL Sinon's fear so vividly my heart was pounding!
Sep 6, 2014 4:29 PM
Apr 2014
Anon1409 said:
I hope the next arc is better..

GGO is actually a great SAO arc, better than 1st and 2nd for sure.

I would love to say Mother's Rosario is going to be a great arc [it is] but i'm also pretty sure 70% of the people will bash it cause there's not enough action and Asuna is MC, so sad.

Then if Alicization gets animated its going to be "omg Kirito so op" "only Kirito wtf" and so on... sigh.

Sep 6, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 2014
hantere said:
Of Course Kirito saved Sinon he isn't going to lose any of his harem.

so true xD

drama a bit too much when sinon broke down crying, but i still really enjoyed the episode
Sep 6, 2014 4:48 PM
Apr 2014
Mavs said:
*sigh*
Worst episode so far.

At this point Sinon is starting to lead the pack for the stupidest character of the season. Honestly, today they just meshed nonsense with annoying, repetitive and unnecessarily overdramatic... ugh, even describing her is becoming a hassle.

Kirito's character is getting worse by the minute and nevermind that there was no flow whatsoever. It was a broken episode contradicted itself several times and even dared to yet again show the same flashbacks with, perhaps, a new frame.

Might just drop this and keep what's left of my brain cells.

*sigh*

Do drop it pls.

Sep 6, 2014 4:50 PM

Apr 2013
Well, this episode wasn't really enjoyable for me.

Too much drama, and it was not able to touch me. It was kind of boring...

The first part of the episode was very.. predictable. Not very exciting.

I hope that this arc's last episodes will be better although I can't imagine how they'll do an epic final battle for this arc.
Sep 6, 2014 4:53 PM

Jan 2011
Those ass shots are becoming a bit annoying. I don't mind me some nice anime girl back, but this often?

I wonder if they don't do it for fan service by now, but just to save some scenes. Different angles have to be drawn completely from the start. This way, they can reuse a scene or simply add/remove some parts.

Also, Kirito is secretly a Saber-class servant. It all makes sense now. Incredible skills with swords, inhuman strength, agility, speed. They also possess high magic resistance (he usually shrugged it off), while not casting much himself. They can also ride nearly anything with ease, which explains how Kirito can drive that thing one handed up a ramp on a street unknown to him while at the same time helping Sinon fire, when it's supposedely too difficult to handle even when concentrating on it.
NwAurionSep 6, 2014 5:08 PM
Sep 6, 2014 4:54 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, was of course expecting Kirito to save the new addition to his harem of course.
Sep 6, 2014 4:55 PM

Jun 2013
Mavs said:
*sigh*
Worst episode so far.

At this point Sinon is starting to lead the pack for the stupidest character of the season. Honestly, today they just meshed nonsense with annoying, repetitive and unnecessarily overdramatic... ugh, even describing her is becoming a hassle.

Kirito's character is getting worse by the minute and nevermind that there was no flow whatsoever. It was a broken episode contradicted itself several times and even dared to yet again show the same flashbacks with, perhaps, a new frame.

Might just drop this and keep what's left of my brain cells.

Could you maybe give some examples of what you're talking about? If we're just talking opinion that's fine, but providing some reference to the show itself would make your case a lot stronger than emotional ranting.
Sep 6, 2014 5:01 PM

Dec 2013
zzZZzz
The pacing in the last few eps was terrible.

DeadZeroSource said:
3/5 on the episode...
5/5 on the drama...

What drama? I wasn't moved at all.
Sep 6, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2012
I really hope the people who liked to bash Asuna for being weak and irrelevant aren't the same ones who praised Sinon for being a badass or whatever. With this episode, Sinon just became the most weak and pathetic female character thus far in the series.
Sep 6, 2014 5:19 PM
Apr 2014
neilviosuy said:
I hope the
Reyxe said:

GGO is actually a great SAO arc, better than 1st and 2nd for sure.

I would love to say Mother's Rosario is going to be a great arc [it is] but i'm also pretty sure 70% of the people will bash it cause there's not enough action and Asuna is MC, so sad.

Then if Alicization gets animated its going to be "omg Kirito so op" "only Kirito wtf" and so on... sigh.

I would probably be one of the 70 percent. I don't mind no action and I also don't mind Asuna as the MC but the whole arc was really boring and I couldn't even bear to finish reading it. The emotion feels forced for me.
I hope they use a different arc for the remaining episodes.

Is Mother's Rosario the arc where Asuna fights some girl and then meets her in real life and then discovers that girls condition? I don't really remember. If so I hope they won't animate it this season. If they do, an OVA would just be better.

Yea, it's that arc.

I loved it, was really interesting seeing other uses to VR technology, it's just not an arc for everyone, so it will get a bunch of hate, sadly.

Sep 6, 2014 5:19 PM
Nov 2013
Lol Death Gun on a pony. That made laugh.
But Kirito and Sinom talking in the cave was much needed. I'm glad that they shared theirs pasts with eachother. So it's safe to assume GGO will be over next episode?
Sep 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
Kirito saved Sinon just in time. Her encounter with Death Gun has brought back all those terrible memories.
Sinon finally finds out that Kirito was an SAO survivor.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
fullmetal_adam said:
I really hope the people who liked to bash Asuna for being weak and irrelevant aren't the same ones who praised Sinon for being a badass or whatever. With this episode, Sinon just became the most weak and pathetic female character thus far in the series.

Asuna is plenty strong. Especially in the next arc that will most likely be animated after GGO.
Sep 6, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2007
The tsundere is strong with this one...

Too much tsundere and patheticness makes me cringe about this generic turn of events, even added the neko-lap-pillow scene in the cave, nothing new from the director. Plot wise it was ok, they got to know one another better.

Musketeer X though, fan serve me up!
liavalonSep 6, 2014 5:51 PM
Sep 6, 2014 5:55 PM

Dec 2013
This episode felt weak imo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) fine booty
Sep 6, 2014 6:07 PM
Jan 2013
liavalon said:
The tsundere is strong with this one...

Too much tsundere and patheticness makes me cringe about this generic turn of events, even added the neko-lap-pillow scene in the cave, nothing new from the director. Plot wise it was ok, they got to know one another better.

Musketeer X though, fan serve me up!

Lol her being killed off screeen.XD

"We already know that Kirito is op."

Sinion thinks of her friend as NOTHING.I know nice guys finish last, but this is stupid.

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.