Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2014 6:56 AM

Sep 2013
Its over. Makishima is FINALLY dead.

I liked this series but I think this is overrated..8.5?. I had some problems with some of the characters' unrealistic reactions and decisions but urobochi wrote this so I guess that's not really surprising. He is really bad at making realistic characters.

Interesting premise and nice art. 7/10
AsianKungFuSep 5, 2014 7:00 AM
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 5, 2014 4:34 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
9/10. Looking forward to season two.

Sep 14, 2014 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
Such an amazing series! I absolutely loved it!
While it didn't have the best ending, it wasn't bad by any means. Also, a S2 is coming out, so I can forgive it for that.

Also, gotta bring this up: DAT LESBIAN SCENE rofl

10/10 series in my book. While nothing is perfect, this anime was just too damn spectacular to give it anything under a 10.
Sep 17, 2014 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
Oh dang, best way to end it ever. Akane was just in Gino's position then! Having lost her partner, another becoming an enforcer, etc. Look how much she has grown.

I like how must this anime has changed since the beginning. I find it frustrating when anime keep all the same cast alive and on the same team and they just defeat the bad guy and everything goes back to normal. This plot is actually going somewhere!

And just like Akane hadn't, the new girl doesn't have any idea of the history at all. I love how unlike gino spoke of them, she described the enforcers to the new girl with understanding and compassion.

I have a feeling now that Makishima's dead, Akane will be the one to challenge Sybil now. It just needs a backup government to keep society in order or something once Sybil gets taken down.

Cannot wait for the second season!
DawningFogSep 17, 2014 6:44 PM
Sep 19, 2014 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
Series started off slow and mediocre, but it picked up once the white haired guy entered the picture
Sep 20, 2014 2:29 AM

Jan 2008
This wasn't bad at all, a few annoying moments but overall it was good. Characters have been develpping throughout the series which is a good point. It 's annoying when a chara stays the same until the end.
I continue to believe it is a bit overhyped tho. Still waiting for S2 and movie. I hope I won't be disappointed.
Sep 20, 2014 3:19 AM

Jan 2014
Yoshiki said:
It 's annoying when a chara stays the same until the end.

How so? Are you saying that Makishima should have become a saint? Or Kogami a mass murderer?

Or is that what you truly mean to say is that it is annoying when a character who's personality you don't like stays the same?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 22, 2014 2:27 AM
Jun 2014
well i loved the last episode dont think it could of been done any better imo cant wait for the next season hope fully it will be as good as this one i just loved this hole anime tbh 9.5/10 from me
Sep 22, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
oh, my 2cents in this jar of opinions
I am happy and satisfied. The wrap up I think it was....well, perfection to me.

haha

btw, somebodies' approach of Makishima like he was some kind of undead cockroach amuses me to no end.

btw2, nobuchika, your new style is to die for.
KoSparrowsSep 22, 2014 10:46 AM
Sep 23, 2014 9:24 AM

Apr 2013
wow... great show... I'm really glad that I got the chance to watch it with this rerun, wouldn't have watched it otherwise.
I can't really say anything bad about this... it seems the quality in the original version wasn't always top, but that doesn't count for me now, the end was great in the way, that it wasn't your usual "everything is ok now and all are alive and have become friends", which happens from time to time. And the antagonist was great and his motives were well portrayed, not some lame "he's evil because of evil"-guy. So I really have to give credit to Gen Urobuchi for this!

But I'm not so sure now if a season 2 really is that great of an idea. I will watch it, but sometimes it's better to leave it the way it is.
On the other hand, a bad season 2 wouldn't make the great experience from the first season gone, and we should have a little bit of faith in the creators too! :)
Sep 23, 2014 11:14 AM

Sep 2011
1cebear said:
wow... great show... I'm really glad that I got the chance to watch it with this rerun, wouldn't have watched it otherwise.

I think that, not only did the rerun have the fixed animations from the BD, but it also included new scenes to help fully characterize the cast a bit more. Also yeah I agree, I love the ending. It's ridiculous that people say nothing changed in the end, and Makishima was a really good antagonist.

1cebear said:
But I'm not so sure now if a season 2 really is that great of an idea. I will watch it, but sometimes it's better to leave it the way it is.
On the other hand, a bad season 2 wouldn't make the great experience from the first season gone, and we should have a little bit of faith in the creators too! :)

The main thing I'm worried about is that Production I.G. and Gen Urobochi aren't the ones handling Season 2 anymore. I just hope it turns out well, one of the few good things is that the new writer is at least a prominent writer of sci-fi anime/manga (from the original Mardock Scramble and the GITS: Arise films, if I recall correctly).
ronriSep 27, 2014 9:55 PM
Sep 23, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 2013
ronri said:
1cebear said:

The main thing I'm worried about is that the Production I.G. and Gen Urobochi aren't the ones handling Season 2 anymore. I just hope it turns out well, one of the few good things is that the new writer is at least a prominent writer of sci-fi anime/manga (from the original Mardock Scramble and the GITS: Arise films if I recall correctly).
Yeah I'm not too worried about the writer that much, the studio change is a little worrying though since I don't know anything about the new studio so I have no idea what to expect..
Sep 27, 2014 6:44 PM
Jul 2014
after all that happened, that lesbian scene was unnecessary. c'mon it's the last episode, couldn't they have put that scene in the first episodes or something??

Sep 27, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2013
Were we suppoesed to know they were lesbians this whole time?
Sep 27, 2014 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
TheKingOfTown said:
Were we suppoesed to know they were lesbians this whole time?

There was a huge hint of it in Episode 2 that they regularly slept together (Episode 1 if we're talking about the rerun). Not to mention it's heavily implied that Yayoi is lesbian through her flashback and that Shion is bisexual through her interactions with the cast (at least as far as I could remember).
ronriSep 27, 2014 10:03 PM
Sep 28, 2014 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
Realized that season 2 will be out in weeks, hence rushed this series. immensely satisfied :3 9/10 and good last episode too.

Guess sibyl system will still live on...
How do I signature?
Oct 1, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2008
LESBIAN ENDING!

YES!!!!!

8/10
Oct 2, 2014 12:01 PM

Sep 2011
The ending was fine. It was kind of cool how the ending and the beginning were pretty much identical with Akene becoming Gino and Gino becoming Kogami. I'm guessing Akane will be next in line for enfrocer whereas the new inspector will be her superior (although that would be too predictable).

I also really, really liked the villain here, because you are able to sympathize with him. I think many of us can agree that a system which judge your life so prematurely and labels you a latent criminal just to ensure future safety is one that is flawed. Because of this system, the actions and will of the people is extremely limited to please the Sybil system's "requirements", I guess. Because of this, a person is not judged by their choices, but rather judged by something they might do based on some piece of technology. So how can you accurately judge who is good or evil. Those who have found ways to hide their PP and can still kill (Makashima and Touma) are still able to roam free, which endangers the people of the country as murders (something that is apparently a foreign idea based on the civilians indifferent reaction to when that guy was beating up that girl to death) roam free. But society still thinks they're safe and thus don't take precautions to defend themselves because they believe 100% that nothing bad will happen because PP's are judged 24/7. People's jobs and choices don't matter in the long run because sybil decides it for you, making people sheep, and not thinking for themselves by following the rules of this system. It shows that such a controlled society will fall.

I also loved Akane's character development throughout the series. While even at the first episode she seemed skeptical of sybil's intentions (the judging of the raped girl), she developed into someone who completely denied sybil, saying that laws should be made by people and protected by those same people in order to maintain a peaceful society. Because the sybil system makes their own rules, society as a whole doesn't really have any morals with which they can accurately judge what exactly is a crime and who is a criminal, aside from a number based on sybil's technology. In this way, Akane develops more similarities to Shogo in the sense that she somewhat agrees with his critique of people not thinking for themselves.

What I don't understand however is, even if the secret of the sybil system is revealed, that they're basically just brains of criminally asymptomatic people able to assess PP's of the country much more easily than computers, then why would this cause a public uproar? What difference is there if they are using computers as opposed to human brains do their job? Is it because of the immorality of using humans or is it the fact that criminals run the system that would cause riots? I mean as long as the people feel safe and in order, does it really matter to them who is behind this?

Great series and I gotta say, the dub is amazing.
Oct 2, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2009
Just finished it . . . was amazing! I'm interested to see what happens in season 2.

Oct 4, 2014 7:16 PM
Jul 2011
I personally rooted for Makishima's dream of toppling the gubberment. Ending was terrible because nothing happens to the true antagonist.
Oct 7, 2014 11:49 AM
Mar 2014
the moment that kogami found makishima on that hill, with the background classical music, that moment was brilliant
Oct 9, 2014 12:01 AM

Sep 2014
Liked the series, but I expected the ending to be more dramatic, like with Shinya or Akane dead or something. Not really complaining that it didn't happen though ;)

And YES Yayoi x Shion!

Pretty cool that the new inspector was from the academy where the girls were dismembered. She was comforted by Yayoi in the rain after two of her friends died.
Oct 14, 2014 11:26 PM

Apr 2013
Great end to a great series.
The piano music that played in the background when Ko chased a wounded Makishima, EPIC scene!!!

And they also killed Masaoka which resulted in Gino finally becoming a latent criminal. Not a surprise that one, as it was foreshadowed throughout the series. Though it did surprise me when both Masaoka and Shuu died, I thought for sure that one of those death flags was reserved for Gino.
*exhales slowly*

Now I have to wait till I get my hands on season 2.
Oct 19, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2014
R.I.P Makishima
Long Live Kougami !
Ignore Akane
Oct 29, 2014 12:06 AM

Apr 2013
Fucking Makishima the pro soccer player with that bicycle kick to the grenade. That was awesome. Makishima was a fantastic villain. I sympathized with him but also condemned him for the atrocious acts he helped enable. I was torn between rooting for him and for him to get caught. Too bad Kougami got his hands on him and killed him.

I'm hyped for s2, but I'll hold off until it's finished airing so I can marathon it. If I have the willpower.
Oct 30, 2014 4:50 PM

Aug 2007
A little disappointed at Makishima's death to be sure. Purely for the slightly anticlimactic and predictable way it went. (The music and setting were beautiful though.) For all he has done throughout the series to facilitate people's desire to kill and heartlessly killing others in cold blood, I really wanted him to suffer a bit more. Rebellion is great, but it doesn't have to be done at such a price, as Akane truly shows.

I really thought that Kogami would not make it, but so happy to see he's still around. It looks like he's going to be reading up on this "we" that Makishima cryptically kept mentioning. There are definitely others like him. Kogami likely reading a text Makishima would read is pretty much all the proof I needed to be convinced he's started profiling again.

Gino has really grown over this series. Almost as much as Akane, just in a different path. I love the idea of them being a team together. It really works better this way. Akane is much calmer than he is, and with his now slightly neutered position of being an enforcer now, I think she'll have an easy time keeping him focused.

New girl... Rubbed me the wrong way how similar she looks to Akane, but hopefully the second season makes her into a person and not a carbon copy? I did like the way it ended where it began though. The only difference is we know a whole lot more than when the series started. Looking forward to the next season.
Nov 8, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
FlyingComma said:

Kinda sad that many great characters died like, Shuusei and Kagari..

+1
Right now they can't do anything about the system but I hope they will topple Sybil soon.
Nov 18, 2014 7:20 AM
Dec 2013
damm I expected more wanted the system shut down..
was still rooting for Makishima
disappointing ending anti climatic kind off

probably the worst mistake was to have Akane as the protagonist
don't know what Urobuchi was thinking (so she basically didn't do anything until the system approached her and now she is fucking Kougami 2.0?

Kougami should have been always the protag and bring down Makishima AS WELL as the System down
FuckMAl4132Nov 18, 2014 7:41 AM
Nov 18, 2014 7:27 AM
Dec 2013
Salaryman_Matt said:
Ahh I love it and hate it. Akane has become the most despicable character for me. Her sense of Justice is contradictory. Just because its convenient she goes along with the Sibyl System.

She thinks its murder to kill someone the system designates as peaceful but killing someone whose psycho pass is too high and hasn't killed anyone is good? Heck her justice called for Makishima getting a trial but she knew all along bringing him in would just integrate his brain with Sibyl. Just the point that all of the brains in the Sibyl system are criminals and many committed murder should force her hand at Justice. Instead she uses the convenience of the system and ignores the illegality. Using this mind set what Kogami was doing should have been fine with her. She is essentially harboring murderers.

Whose to say the next brain that integrates with the system won't change it for the worse? Not to mention she is taking the law into her own hands and also judging what is right for the citizens. They have the right to decide if they want to suffer hardship without the system or remain under it after knowing the truth. They could die but its their decision not hers. She has gone against everything she believes in.... sheesh!!!

Leaving the shutdown of the system to an unknown future someone is idiotic. Fictional media tends to gravitate towards a happy ending through convenient twists but the characters shouldn't expect that same naivety.

agree completely very idiotic and hypocritical
Nov 18, 2014 7:42 AM
Dec 2013
Jonesy974 said:
Finally finished this show...well what can I say about it....

It was basically the shittiest end possible to a fantastic story.

I feel like I'm the only one who saw Makishima as the good guy and Akane as the villain. Makishima may have totally gone about what he did the wrong way, but his end goal was completely justifiable. Meanwhile Akane (who already let her friend die by choosing the system over her friend) basically becomes Sybil's bitch. She tries to act all tough shit and makes these demands from Sybil to do save Kogami and whatnot, but Sybil could just straight up kill her if it wanted to it's not like Akane is a threat.

So Akane, becoming Sybil's bitch because she literally has no mind of her own got her way over Makishima in the end. Maki wanted complete freedom for the people, yet Akane basically chose Sybil because she thought society couldn't live without Sybil (because that whole judicial system that Sybil replaced just took too long.

Kogami was a trash character too. That genius he had was wasted on immaturity. Apparantly he didn't learn anything from his psych professor, because despite bragging about being a detective, he sought no answers from Makishima he only wanted to kill him.

Ginoza is a fag. Nothing else to say about him. 22 episodes of uselessness and bitching.

Best enforcer/detective by far was Pops and he died so...

Shion definitely best character. And Definitely the most underrated character.

So at the end there Ginoza becomes just like his father and Kogami, Akane becomes like Ginoza (even spouting the same bullshit lines) and the girl from the academy? ends up joining and taking Akane's place. Everybody falls into their respective cliché tropes. *clap* *clap* *clap*

Looking forward to season 2 despite Shion being the only good character left. (even better since she had her lesbo moment with the other girl at the end). Though if S2 doesn't end with the destruction of the Sybil System I'll probably consider this whole series a giant failure.

I couldn't have said it better Makishima was obviously wrong in his methods but I ended up rooting for him and I was disappointed in Kougami too
After the call a few episodes before I thought he would actually question Makishima about the Sibyl System but nope he just kills him

And the worst is Akana damm she ruined the series she didn't do anything for fucking 19 episodes and at the end became like you said Sibyls bitch
very disappointed in Urobuchi expected a lot more
Nov 21, 2014 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
I had a lot to say, but I got interrupted by a friend I was watching the series with and spent the last hour debating with him about why Shougo was more supportable than Akane and why I am not particularly fond of Akane's character. Now I have very little to say here as it's all been aired out. Oh well.

I guess the only thing I'll add is that Shougo's death scene was fucking amazing, and I like how the series pretty much went full circle. Absolutely fantastic series and one of my favorites.

โ˜ฉ Discord: the.path.to.pathos
โ˜ฉ RateYourMusic
โ˜ฉ last.fm
Nov 21, 2014 8:22 AM
Nov 2014
First off, I want to say great ending. Makishima's death was perfect IMHO. For someone aspiring to change the system and using such drastic methods, he was ultimately left running for his life and shot down by someone who had nothing more than a chip on their shoulder.

fheon said:
Ending was terrible. Well I mean the anime was bad but I was pretty sure that they couldn't fuck up the ending. They just let this terrible community live on. The anime pretty much served no point. Beginning point was the same as ending point. Only the "bad guy" who tried to overturn this terrible community was killed.

Why shouldn't it have been the same as the beginning. They were clearly going for a take on historic recurrence. It was fairly clear ever since Gino started talking to Akane about the wise and the foolish.

Journey_95 said:

probably the worst mistake was to have Akane as the protagonist
don't know what Urobuchi was thinking (so she basically didn't do anything until the system approached her and now she is fucking Kougami 2.0?

Kougami should have been always the protag and bring down Makishima AS WELL as the System down

Remember, sybil said that akane was struggling because she didn't have the full picture. She got the full picture when sybil revealed all the details. Up until then she was conflicted. Heck, she still is because she's not completely sure how to dismantle it.

KO was good in his role as someone who couldn't move forward and succumbed to his obsession. Not everyone can be "saved."

Journey_95 said:
Jonesy974 said:
Finally finished this show...well what can I say about it....

It was basically the shittiest end possible to a fantastic story.

I feel like I'm the only one who saw Makishima as the good guy and Akane as the villain. Makishima may have totally gone about what he did the wrong way, but his end goal was completely justifiable. Meanwhile Akane (who already let her friend die by choosing the system over her friend) basically becomes Sybil's bitch. She tries to act all tough shit and makes these demands from Sybil to do save Kogami and whatnot, but Sybil could just straight up kill her if it wanted to it's not like Akane is a threat.

So Akane, becoming Sybil's bitch because she literally has no mind of her own got her way over Makishima in the end. Maki wanted complete freedom for the people, yet Akane basically chose Sybil because she thought society couldn't live without Sybil (because that whole judicial system that Sybil replaced just took too long.

Kogami was a trash character too. That genius he had was wasted on immaturity. Apparantly he didn't learn anything from his psych professor, because despite bragging about being a detective, he sought no answers from Makishima he only wanted to kill him.

Ginoza is a fag. Nothing else to say about him. 22 episodes of uselessness and bitching.

Best enforcer/detective by far was Pops and he died so...

Shion definitely best character. And Definitely the most underrated character.

So at the end there Ginoza becomes just like his father and Kogami, Akane becomes like Ginoza (even spouting the same bullshit lines) and the girl from the academy? ends up joining and taking Akane's place. Everybody falls into their respective cliché tropes. *clap* *clap* *clap*

Looking forward to season 2 despite Shion being the only good character left. (even better since she had her lesbo moment with the other girl at the end). Though if S2 doesn't end with the destruction of the Sybil System I'll probably consider this whole series a giant failure.

I couldn't have said it better Makishima was obviously wrong in his methods but I ended up rooting for him and I was disappointed in Kougami too
After the call a few episodes before I thought he would actually question Makishima about the Sibyl System but nope he just kills him

And the worst is Akana damm she ruined the series she didn't do anything for fucking 19 episodes and at the end became like you said Sibyls bitch
very disappointed in Urobuchi expected a lot more

She didn't do anything because she was still learning. She was smart--well, had a high aptitude--but she was still inexperienced. She hadn't been tested yet. We saw her tested throughout the show and we saw how she dealt with things and why.

And she became sybil's lackey because she knows that bringing sybil down will cause a significant amount of harm to the public, especially in their current state. She also understands the logic behind sybil's motives--the incorporation of the outlier brains.

You really should go back and rewatch the last two episodes. Sybil explains exactly why Akane became its lackey and why it wants to use her for research.

Ultimately, Akane's burning question is does the system need to be burned down and let people go through chaos to possibly establish something better or work with sybil until she can find a more peaceful resolution.
Nov 22, 2014 1:12 AM

Sep 2011
I see people dismissing Akane's stance on the matter when, hilariously, it's the one that is the most reinforced point in the entire show. Makishima had great ideas of change yeah, but if you actually watched the Extended Edition you'll find that his psychopathic nature does NOT in anyway account for a bright future for Japan when the man is completely obsessed with humanity's violent tendencies. He's not just aspiring for change, he's an anarchist through and through; a proud serial killer who relished in violence and would probably continue to do so even after the Sibyl system is taken down. How in any way some of you folks think that's the best answer to the Sibyl system is beyond me (read: it's not, because two wrongs don't make a right).

Akane's resolution was held up as the most wise and mature, and it even hints at a brighter prospect of how she wishes to view others in this near-automated society. In stark contrast with Gino at the start, she showed compassion and consideration for her own Enforcers. It's a very heavy and thematic gesture towards the notion of change, even if it's a small one, and it reinforces the idea that Akane's stance is actually the one most favored within the show.
Nov 22, 2014 4:09 AM
Oct 2014
the part about Ginoza's glasses was hilarious.
and loooooads of food for thought and philosophical theories brought up as well (:
excited for season 2!
Nov 26, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2013
Nice kick, Makishima! You sent that grenade flying!
Too bad you're dead. (T_T) Why you not exit in a badass way?

One day the Sibyl System will show its true form.
And also one day, someone will destroy it.

Hmm, so glasses-less Ginoza becomes an Enforcer, just like Kougami.
Yayoi and Shion are still part of the team and this time they showed their bodies.
Akane becomes Ginoza from Episode 1. And Mika Shimotsuki becomes Akane from Episode 1.
Kougami might become a new Makishima. It's kind of cool how everything is quite similar to Episode 1.

I'm satisfied with this ending and now I'll go to Season 2. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 30, 2014 11:58 PM

May 2014
Everyone needs to stop bitching and think about story writing 101 here:

You do not introduce something as obviously villainous as Sibyl and not have it be the main villain, even if it's only in the overarching story. We know how this stuff works: season 1 is Akane's "mistake" and further their trust in her will prove to be Sibyl's ultimate mistake. She'll tank the whole thing by the end of this show...unless the writer throws all convention out the window, but I highly doubt they're that eccentric.

I'm just wondering whether it'll be an explosive demise, or if she'll walk around the room stabbing each brain with a knife, slowly diminishing Sibyl's intelligence as it pleads for its life until they're all dead.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Dec 3, 2014 10:27 AM

Jan 2014
Right now I'm under a huge impression. So many different mixed emotions. Wow. I ended up to like all the three main characters, and they have so much in common, in my opinion. I like Akane and Shougo the most. I guess because I feel like my way of thinking is a mix of the two of theirs. It was a very well told story, up to the point. A great ending, and the beginning was also very good. The soundtrack was just fitting, often increasing the tension in the atmosphere. I didn't find this anime too touching, because I wasn't in a situation which would make me more affected by the topic analysed here, but what I can say is that from the philosophical and psychological side, it was extremely well executed. I enjoyed every of Shougo's monologues and dialogues, and Akane's conflicts with herself. The poetical touch was another thing that impressed me, and made me like Shougo's character this much. The ending, his death, the smile on his face, that satisfaction of being something different, being special, irreplaceable, that was the most touching part for me and a reason why I considered giving this anime a 10. It obviously had a huge impact on me, and I'll have to sleep on it, probably a few times xD. A thing which leaves you thinking about it this much must be something extraordinary.
Dec 25, 2014 9:18 AM

Sep 2010
I have a question. Maybe it has already been answered, but I'm too lazy to find it. Is there any symbolism in the book Kougami (I guess it was him) was reading after the credits?
๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“–๐“พ๐“ผ๐“พ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ

Dec 27, 2014 3:14 AM

Aug 2014
I found the last episode a little bit disappointing, maybe it's just me thinking that way. I hope that Kougami is alive...
I really feel bad for Ginoza, but I think that he tried too hard to keep his Psyco Pass ”clean”. It was kind of obvious that things would end up like this, with him being an Executor.

I really enjoyed Psycho Pass overall, 10/10 (last episode - 5/5).
Dec 29, 2014 7:57 PM
Nov 2009
I was so rooting for Makiyama, I really wanted kogumi to bite the dust than him
Jan 1, 2015 3:48 PM

Jun 2014
I don't why so many people found it so disappointing. I thought the first half (the part through Makishima's death) was really well done. The second half was good too, but of course it wasn't as interesting since it was falling action.

Makishima's death itself couldn't really have been much better done in my opinion. We really get to see the way that he thinks of the world since it's his final moments and he's kinda in reflection mode. Oddly, I mourned him O.o I didn't necessarily love him as a character since I can't really get over his extreme sadism and cruelty, but he was an excellent villain, probably the best I've seen in the anime world so far. I'll miss him as the antagonist for sure...

Overall, I loved this series! :D It didn't drag things out, it had a very interesting plot, good characters, and I liked the soundtracks too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2015 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, so Kou finally killed Makashima! That is sad as he was such a great protagonist for the show. He was an excellent character, he was a villian but you kinda got why he did it really. Plus he was hot <3

Kou has disappeared and Gino is now an enforcer and he stopped wearing his glasses! D:

Come back Kougami! He needs to be an enforcer again in season 2 otherwise I'll be sad.

Also the end mirrored the beginning perfectly but how does a minor get to be a cop exactly?

This is one of the most epic shows I've ever seen and I can't wait to watch season 2!
Jan 11, 2015 6:51 PM

Jun 2013
A bit sad to see Makishima die. I actually liked him and I found his motives to be worthy of respect, even though they were far too brutal. I definitely understand why he wants to bring the system down. It's too bad Kou's obsession won in the end. I would have thought that Kou would question what Makishima said, but I guess he/the writer completely ignored it in the end... A shame really.

The characters were pretty okay. Makishima is probably my favorite. His motives really felt genuine and thought out, unlike some other generic villain-rapists *cough* SAO *cough*..

The story was interesting and the end result was acceptable.

Sound and art were both fantastic! Nothing to complain about here.

In summary I really enjoyed watching this show. The characters were great and that's the most important thing in a show for me. The setting of the show felt refreshing and I love the futuristic tech that this show is full of. In conclusion I give this show a well deserved 7/10. Remember folks, a 7/10 doesn't mean the show is average or decent like some of you seem to think.
Jan 11, 2015 7:32 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeSweden said:
In conclusion I give this show a well deserved 7/10. Remember folks, a 7/10 doesn't mean the show is average or decent like some of you seem to think.

While our score differs, I do agree that 7 shouldn't mean that a show is just average or barely decent. If anything, MAL's descriptor for it corresponds with "Good", so I think that speaks volumes of how 7 as a rating should be used more often for describing what people consider as a "good" show.
Jan 16, 2015 10:06 AM

Dec 2012
This was definitely worth rewatching right before I start into Psycho-Pass 2 and well worth the 10/10 I gave it. The New Edit version also gave some bonus insight into various events that occurred and provided some deeper looks into the characters, particularly Makishima.

To touch up on some points I didn't last time, I'll say that overall Psycho-Pass does an excellent job at its world building and then making use of philosophy relevant to it. One such example is the scene in New Edit's episode 10 when Yayoi and Akane are eating together. Their discussion on the importance of history and how it's been filtered by the Sibyl System made me think back to when Makishima told Choe that he preferred hard copy books to online ones. Considering the society they're in, it makes sense that Makishima is so fond of books and older philosophy considering they're fountains of knowledge untainted by Sibyl.

Even though many of the themes were more geared towards being relevant within their Sibyl operated society, I feel as though there were a few big concepts that are most certainly applicable to reality. Throughout the series, Makishima makes it a point through his various experiments that he desires conflict and that the Sibyl System's idea of peace is akin to being a walking husk, lobotomized by a serene and effortlessly planned out & regulated lifestyle. He mentions that society stagnates from conflicts that will allow it to grow, similar to how someone who has survived many illnesses has a stronger immunity system to someone who has lived in a disinfected bubble all of his or her life.

Personally I could partially agree with Makishima. Conflict gives birth to challenge which allows growth. I've noticed this to be true in fitness, where every workout is a struggle that pushes the body's limits but leads to benefits that can't be gained from never breaking a sweat. Another fascinating idea that Makishima brought up is the purpose of art and the significance of expressing ourselves as humans. These examples and many others help to humanize Makishima as a character despite his seemingly inhumane methods.

Akane is another strong character, although I feel I'll be here too long if I go on a tangent about her.

Well once again I'm glad I came back to this because I was starting to doubt my previous assessment of this series and this has only made me appreciate it even more.
Jan 22, 2015 5:36 AM

Nov 2013
Shion and Yayoi were already in a yuri relationship since ep 2

Now time to wait for some doujins....
Feb 4, 2015 7:06 PM
Nov 2014
It's a really great series, definitely better than Psycho Pass 2. My only complaint is that they changed the op, abnormalize should be used for the rest of the series haha. 9/10.
Feb 8, 2015 5:44 AM

Mar 2009
Just finished watching this series. Great stuff. I regret not watching it sooner.
I didn't like the newbie Inspector coming into a crime scene the same way Akane did. Yeah sure Akane is the more senior Inspector now but no need to copy and paste.

Ginoza's glasses explaination... hahahaha
Feb 12, 2015 4:16 PM

Feb 2014
I love it, Kougami and especially Shougo. Damn i really want Shougo to win, damn it. I would gladly join him rather than live on that society. This Tsunemori chick pissed me off. 8/10 due my hate for Tsunemori and Shougo's death. --
Feb 22, 2015 1:33 PM

May 2014
Awesome Series :D

The end doe :) that repeat :D

I kinda hated sybil just cause...

My favorite characters died :'(
-Kagari
-Masaoka
-Makishima
I cri evritiem

and one of the most badass characters disappeared. I don't know what to expect from Season 2 :
Pages (19) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

354 by menacce »»
Oct 18, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

568 by menacce »»
Oct 17, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

352 by menacce »»
Oct 16, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2013

293 by menacce »»
Oct 16, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2012

728 by menacce »»
Oct 16, 6:16 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.