Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 29, 2014 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
WATASHI KININARIMASU!!

That was a fucking good ep. I thought this anime was not really good but wow, it totally changed me mind.
May 29, 2014 7:57 AM

Feb 2009
Wow that ending was really good..
May 29, 2014 8:00 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was really sad. Sora's gone. I feel sorry for Shiro. :( What a plottwist.. I can't wait for next episode
My favourite color is blue.

May 29, 2014 8:05 AM
May 2014
The end credits gave me goosebumps >.< First: because it's pretty cool, Second: the whole song I was like: SHIIROO TT-TT :((
May 29, 2014 8:16 AM
Apr 2014
what just happened? guys please tell me if Sora is real oO that was a really fucked up move. I don't even care at what point he comes back as long as he actually does come back. please tell me he comes back >.> (and if somebody is willing to spoiler this part for me please leave it at a "yes" or "no". don't need to know more than that :( )
NanashiMay 29, 2014 8:22 AM
May 29, 2014 8:25 AM

Apr 2014
I just putting all the pieces of information so far from the anime
Sora said to Shiro that he believes in her (don't know what this means yet, but it's obvious that Sora and Shiro believes each other)
Sora said "the two of us are always one." I think what he meant was they are inseparable
they are bound by a promise.. I think it will explained on later time in the season
he said that they're not some heroes from shonen manga (don't know what it means)
Sora wants another companion for bringing down Eastern Federation as he said "I'm going to get the last piece we need to bring over the Eastern Federation."
and I understand who he meant,but I don't want to spoil the story
May 29, 2014 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
Silaqui said:
Waiting one week for a new episode of Black Bullet? No problem!
Waiting one week for a new episode of Hitsugi no Chaika? No problem!
Waiting one week for a new episode of Mahouka? No problem!

Waiting one week for a new episode of No Game No Life? What the hell?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!? Give me all episodes at once! NOW! And announce a second, third and fourth season and give me all those episodes too!

Nailed it.
May 29, 2014 9:20 AM

Oct 2011
On Sora's DS Clock it says 19. Then when Shiro wakes up its the 21st. What happen on Day 20???

Is Sora's game taking place on Day 20???? Shiro is in a simulated fake word without Sora? Same with Sora too? But he's facing the Warbeast at the moment.

When Sora was talking to someone and then Shiro afterwards is when they got sent to the fake world VR simulation right

I need the next episode !!!! T___T

So does this game both involve Sora and Shiro separate but together????
AnimeFan500May 29, 2014 9:26 AM
May 29, 2014 9:39 AM
Sep 2012
Wow that was soo epic One of my Most FAV Anime in all Time
May 29, 2014 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Here's some interesting food for thought.

May 29, 2014 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
oh damn...that ending is really the best. I LOVE MADHOUSE !!
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
May 29, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
LOL Dat detective Conan and Yu-Gi-Oh reference XD , Aleleelele

Oh my :O that ending so he disappeared or something ?

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 29, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
I believe this episode can be summed up in one question:

What the hell happened to Sora?
May 29, 2014 10:29 AM

Feb 2013
that cliffhanger woah!

loved what they did with the ending and im pretty sure this is some Sora's plan or something..

May 29, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
And so, we come to the 'What the hell is going on' part.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 29, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2013
I swear, this anime is getting better with each episode.
You all need to watch Nami.

May 29, 2014 11:46 AM

Feb 2013
I love this anime so far, it's pretty awesome to watch. Each episode gets more interesting. Man the number of references this episode was pretty good.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 29, 2014 12:12 PM

Feb 2010
This ep screams bad end lol
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 29, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
Someone already spoiled!!! Send pm to the people who can't wait. Sheesh
May 29, 2014 1:02 PM

Sep 2009
Imouto yo
May 29, 2014 1:12 PM

Jun 2008
Vooo said:
Someone already spoiled!!! Send pm to the people who can't wait. Sheesh

You know, the only real spoiler actually has a warning in huge letters before it. If someone doesn't heed THAT, then they were hopeless to begin with.
May 29, 2014 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
NEXT WEEK FUCKING WHEN?!

Worst thing is I now need to avoid internets and especially 4chan for a week to avoid spoilers. Wharrgarbl!
May 29, 2014 1:35 PM

Dec 2011
Things are getting interesting!

Blank vs Girl Animal Kingdom! I mean Warbeasts XD.

Elkia sure is weak and nice one Jibril!

LOL... a Loli Ambassador! King Crimson!

Hahaha, Hatsuse like being petted XD.

That old guy sure went full master Roshi lol.

LOL, what if the old guy actually wants Sora's panties.

Cold reading... kick their asses Sora!

Oooooh, a game for the entire nation.

Sora really owned the warbeast by revealing their secrets lol.

Sora really is cool and scary at times.

Lol wtf happened, where did Sora go O.o?

Wtf, Sora vanished and nobody except Shiro remembers him...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 29, 2014 1:41 PM

Nov 2010
That was really nice, looking forward to the next episode, hopefully it'll explain wtf happened!
May 29, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2011
Now that was epic. Best episode so far, people been rating this 9s and 10s since first episode. But this is the only episode so far where there has been real conflict and drama. Cant wait to find out whats next
May 29, 2014 1:58 PM
Mar 2014
Extreme3708 said:
Now that was epic. Best episode so far, people been rating this 9s and 10s since first episode. But this is the only episode so far where there has been real conflict and drama. Cant wait to find out whats next

I do agree, the next episode is going to probably be the best. I like how simple, yet smart this show is. I can honestly not wait for the next episode.
May 29, 2014 2:01 PM
Oct 2012
Extreme3708 said:
people been rating this 9s and 10s since first episode. But this is the only episode so far

Some of us are quick learners, others take longer :-)
May 29, 2014 2:13 PM

Mar 2014
After reading some terrifying creepypastas I was scared by that ED.

That Hyouka reference though.
May 29, 2014 2:54 PM

Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Extreme3708 said:
people been rating this 9s and 10s since first episode. But this is the only episode so far

Some of us are quick learners, others take longer :-)

indeed ;P Some of us have eyes for potentials :D

May 29, 2014 3:07 PM
Mar 2014
This anime never disappoints great episode
May 29, 2014 3:15 PM

May 2010
Another great episode, that ending.. didn't expect that :D
May 29, 2014 3:31 PM

Jan 2014
Weird and very interesting...it's really awesome how they also changed the ending song!
May 29, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
I'm surprised almost nobody managed to discover who was behind all of this, we might not know what is going to happen but the anime dropped many, many hints as to who did this.

You should be able to figure it out with this:

- Sora most likely knows him/her/them because of the way he spoke

- This being(s) challenged Sora, that means Sora is the one to decide the game that will be played, which tells us multiple things:
  • It can't be the war-beasts because they need to be the ones challenged in order to choose the game and make sure they win.
  • This being is either someone with advantages humans don't have or a human with the help of said being - it has to be one of these because they believe they actually have a chance at winning so that leaves most humans out.

- Making everybody forget Sora must have been done by magic, because the only technologically advanced race are the war-beasts, who aren't the ones behind this.

- It can't be Tet either because he wouldn't have hid himself from Shiro while showing himself to Sora - that and the fact that he said the siblings would need to defeat every other race before being able to challenge him. Sora was just challenged so it can't be him.

- The reason Sora was challenged is most likely because said challenger disapproves of Sora betting Imanity's race piece. I say that because the only enemies that would have a reason to directly 'attack' Imanity at this point are the war-beasts:
  • The Flugel are pretty much ignoring humans or else they would have done something when Jibril was defeated
  • The Elves don't appear to want to destroy Elchea or they wouldn't have tried to put Kurami as a puppet queen, they'd rather control it
  • Tet doesn't care
  • The rest did not have any kind of role in the story as of yet

Now we have our profile:
  • Knows Sora and Sora knows him/her/them
  • Is challenging Sora because they don't approve of how his actions are endangering humans
  • Most likely cares about Imanity's fate
  • Has magic or the help of a magical being
  • It can't be Jibril nor Steph because they didn't realize Sora was even speaking to someone in the room before he disappeared

Knowing this, you just need to go through the characters that have been shown in the anime, have interacted with Sora and are willing to go against him to protect Imanity.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
May 29, 2014 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
The ED and the scene after the credits! WOW I wasn't expecting that. Awesome episode. I can't wait to see how this plays out.
May 29, 2014 4:02 PM

May 2011
dariken said:
NEXT WEEK FUCKING WHEN?!

Worst thing is I now need to avoid internets and especially 4chan for a week to avoid spoilers. Wharrgarbl!

Yeah, I'm already hearing teasing troll talking about the next battle is even more epic than Jibril's Shiritori match. It's just making the wait worse.
May 29, 2014 4:28 PM
Oct 2012
Aloxamax said:
I'm surprised almost nobody managed to discover who was behind all of this, we might not know what is going to happen but the anime dropped many, many hints as to who did this.

- This being(s) challenged Sora, that means Sora is the one to decide the game that will be played, which tells us multiple things:
  • It can't be the war-beasts because they need to be the ones challenged in order to choose the game and make sure they win.
  • This being is either someone with advantages humans don't have or a human with the help of said being - it has to be one of these because they believe they actually have a chance at winning so that leaves most humans out.

- Making everybody forget Sora must have been done by magic, because the only technologically advanced race are the war-beasts, who aren't the ones behind this.

- It can't be Tet either because he wouldn't have hid himself from Shiro while showing himself to Sora - that and the fact that he said the siblings would need to defeat every other race before being able to challenge him. Sora was just challenged so it can't be him.

- The reason Sora was challenged is most likely because said challenger disapproves of Sora betting Imanity's race piece. I say that because the only enemies that would have a reason to directly 'attack' Imanity at this point are the war-beasts:
  • The Flugel are pretty much ignoring humans or else they would have done something when Jibril was defeated
  • The Elves don't appear to want to destroy Elchea or they wouldn't have tried to put Kurami as a puppet queen, they'd rather control it
  • Tet doesn't care

Now we have our profile:
  • Is challenging Sora because they don't approve of how his actions are endangering humans
  • It can't be Jibril nor Steph because they didn't realize Sora was even speaking to someone in the room before he disappeared

Knowing this, you just need to go through the characters that have been shown in the anime, have interacted with Sora and are willing to go against him to protect Imanity.

Yeah it's actually pretty easy to figure out the party responsible.

The real question are WHAT happened and HOW and WHY he vanished...
May 29, 2014 4:34 PM
Apr 2012
the cliffhanger was strong in the ep. how am i suppose to hang for a week omg.
May 29, 2014 4:49 PM
Dec 2011
Aloxamax said:

• Tet doesn't care

Now we have our profile:

Yea.... sorry but most of what you said is just speculation for now. A few counterpoints for the challengers
-flugel: News probably travelled slowly, so it might be possible that the Flugels just got the news now, plus if other Flugels are as knowledge-maniac as Jibril is, it is more reason to try and challenge kuuhaku.
-elves: their schemes failed so it is possible that they might want to take revenge. Also, with Sora and Shiro in throne, they cannot control Elchea
-Warbeast: they might want to do a pre-emptive strike to remove Sora/Shiro from play.
-Other Exceed: Sora declared war on all the Exceed, it is possible one of them try to fight.
-Tet: He might do it just for fun, heck maybe he dont even need to play games to do something like making Sora disappear. Also the "defeat other races to challenge Tet" only works one way, means he probably able to challenge others easily if he want to.

Next points, when it was shown that EVERYONE forgot about Sora? All that is shown is that Steph has no idea who Sora is.
On the thing about Memory Erasure, you do not need to use magic to tamper with memory, since warbeast cannot use magic but still able to erase the challengers' memories about video games using Oath.

And your profiling is mostly flawed since it target a person specifically, I'll assume most likely you did reverse reasoning to expand the points.
So yea, you might be right but your reasoning is flawed since it ignores other possibilities.
On a side note, I am sure a quite few here already able to guess the culprit already because there is a lot of foreshadowing but remain silent because half the fun of guessing is to do it yourself, not being spoonfed.
May 29, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2011
Yugioh reference was the only redeeming factor, along with Shiro is despair.
May 29, 2014 6:32 PM
Jan 2011
Just watched all eight episodes in one sitting. THAT WAS EPIC! Ahhh so good. I was actually afraid that the anime wouldn't be up to the LN's standards... sometimes it happens. Anyways I'm glad my fears were unfounded! Oh JOY WONDROUS JOY! I'm so happy they made this right... ahhh I can't wait for next weeks episode... I think I'm gonna go reread some LN chapters.
May 29, 2014 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
wow crazy good episode love the dialogue in this anime
omg he had the warbeast guy shitting himself XD
can't wait for next week
[/quote]
May 29, 2014 6:47 PM

Aug 2013
What. The. Fuck. Complete mindfuck. What happened? I really can't figure it out. I have read some nice theory about Sora being solely Shiro imaginary friend, but it contradict too much thing. I think that the most important thing to get is that before Sora "disappear", he goes interact with someone that he was awaiting and then, Shiro wake up being the only one knowing about him. Well, here's what could have happened : he have bet all the memories that the Imanity have of him and he lost. Shiro isn't from the Imanity since she's a human and so haven't forgotten him. Maybe he's even wandering around the city, being unreconized by anyone. But that would mean that Jibril also know about him and maybe even know what happened. But if she doesn't know about him, then we can really question Sora own existance... Anyway, something happened, and remember, maybe Sora lost, but the Blank never lose.

Fuuuuck, I'm so tempted to get myself spoiled, resist, resist, resist...

The glitched ending reminded me of ''that'' ED from Steins;Gate.

Jibril reference to Hyouka when she said ''I'm curious!'' was great :)

The cat-loli was so cute :3
And innocently rude xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 29, 2014 6:54 PM
Jan 2011
That wouldn't affect her phone though... so that theory is wrong.
May 29, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2008
minouneetzoe said:
What. The. Fuck. Complete mindfuck. What happened? I really can't figure it out. I have read some nice theory about Sora being solely Shiro imaginary friend, but it contradict too much thing. I think that the most important thing to get is that before Sora "disappear", he goes interact with someone that he was awaiting and then, Shiro wake up being the only one knowing about him. Well, here's what could have happened : he have bet all the memories that the Imanity have of him and he lost. Shiro isn't from the Imanity since she's a human and so haven't forgotten him. Maybe he's even wandering around the city, being unreconized by anyone. But that would mean that Jibril also know about him and maybe even know what happened. But if she doesn't know about him, then we can really question Sora own existance... Anyway, something happened, and remember, maybe Sora lost, but the Blank never lose.

Fuuuuck, I'm so tempted to get myself spoiled, resist, resist, resist...

The glitched ending reminded me of ''that'' ED from Steins;Gate.

Jibril reference to Hyouka when she said ''I'm curious!'' was great :)

The cat-loli was so cute :3
And innocently rude xD

One flaw: Shiro, when Sora bet the Imanity piece, had the glowing tatoo thingy (that is, in fact a scientifically accepted term) appear on her, thus she is recognized as one of Imanity.

Also, Izuna is a fox-girl, not a cat-girl...
May 29, 2014 8:03 PM

Apr 2012
I'll reply only to the things I disagree with from your post:

mirailianil said:
-flugel: News probably travelled slowly, so it might be possible that the Flugels just got the news now, plus if other Flugels are as knowledge-maniac as Jibril is, it is more reason to try and challenge kuuhaku.
After winning the library Jibril never made a move to crush Imanity or challenge anyone else and, as stated before, has no real interest in humans. Jibril wasn't the one who ended up challenging Sora, but the other way around - there's nothing saying other Flugel don't think the same.

Also, even if they were as thirsty for knowledge as Jibril they wouldn't need to challenge Sora for anything, they could've just gone up to them and asked for it. Besides, that doesn't explain why they would have hid themselves from everyone but Sora, even Shiro.

mirailianil said:
-elves: their schemes failed so it is possible that they might want to take revenge. Also, with Sora and Shiro in throne, they cannot control Elchea
Revenge on what? They didn't lose anything that was theirs, they simply lost a chance to take control of Elchea.

mirailianil said:
-Warbeast: they might want to do a pre-emptive strike to remove Sora/Shiro from play.
It can't be the war-beasts because their whole system relies on them being the ones challenged - they have to be the ones choosing the game in order to establish the 'memory erasing' condition. Here Sora was challenged and he gets to choose the game and its rules, the war-beasts would never take such a huge risk.

Besides, preemptive strikes don't exist in this world. When one is being challenged they have the right to refuse, set the conditions, the game and its rules. Upfront confrontation is the way things are done and the only way to gain an edge is cheating.

mirailianil said:
-Other Exceed: Sora declared war on all the Exceed, it is possible one of them try to fight.
Both Sora and Shiro said that trying to fight without information was stupid, Sora knew that whoever came was going to challenge him, he knew already how to use them to his advantage, which means that it has to be someone Sora already knew because they lack information on everyone else.

mirailianil said:
-Tet: He might do it just for fun, heck maybe he dont even need to play games to do something like making Sora disappear. Also the "defeat other races to challenge Tet" only works one way, means he probably able to challenge others easily if he want to.
You can see in their conversation with Tet near the end of episode 4 and a little bit at the beginning of episode 5 that Tet is perfectly willing to wait.

mirailianil said:
And your profiling is mostly flawed since it target a person specifically, I'll assume most likely you did reverse reasoning to expand the points.

The profile said this:

Aloxamax said:
Knows Sora and Sora knows him/her/them
I explained why Sora must have known the one(s) challenging him. They were already part of his plan to take down the war-beasts, that means that Sora has reliable information on them, considering the siblings had to ask Jibril for information about the war-beasts who were their first target you can deduce that the siblings lack information about most races and aren't ready to even begin to include them in their plans.

If it's someone he already knows however, Sora can predict their actions.

Aloxamax said:
Is challenging Sora because they don't approve of how his actions are endangering humans
Sora knowing this character already shortens the list a lot. Eliminating the war-beasts and Tet you barely have anyone who might've interacted with Sora during the anime and the reasons for challenging him are reduced too.

Aloxamax said:
Most likely cares about Imanity's fate
This wasn't backed up, but I didn't try to pass it up as a fact, just as something to consider.

Aloxamax said:
Has magic or the help of a magical being
Appearing invisible to everyone but Sora can either be done with magic or technology (no Oaths as the game hadn't even started at that point). The only race with the technology to do it are the war-beasts, but they've been eliminated. That leaves magic, so it's either a magical being or someone with the help of a magical being.

Aloxamax said:
It can't be Jibril nor Steph because they didn't realize Sora was even speaking to someone in the room before he disappeared
Well...that and Jibril is bound by her own Oath too so she wouldn't betray Shiro and Sora, Steph doesn't even know any magical being that could help her.

If it looks like I'm targeting a person specifically then that just means it's as easy to figure out as I thought it was.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
May 29, 2014 8:04 PM
May 2014
Anyone know what chapter in the manga episode 8 is in?
May 29, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode! I really don't know why Sora disappeared and why Steph couldn't remember him. The ending was awesome though. When near the end of the episode everything was turning gray with noise added, I knew something was off. Then came the ED and the epilogue. Fantastically done by the director, screenplay and animators. Good Job! MADHOUSE!

I don't get it though why Chess Pieces appeared on both Sora and Shiro. Does this mean they are now part of Imanity? I don't think I am missing something, but it only makes sense that they would not risk 3 million's lives if they weren't included in it.

pomlove94 said:

There is no manga. It is adapted from a Light Novel
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 29, 2014 9:30 PM

Apr 2014
Hyouka, Yu-Gi-Oh! And Conan citations! :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2014 10:26 PM

Jul 2013
pomlove94 said:

In the manga adaptation it's not even close to where we are in the anime - the manga adaptation of the light novel is only at some scene where Sora, Shiro and Steph are talking about the game they were about to play against Kurami, but if you wanted to read the light novel it should be the last chapter or so in the 2nd volume.
May 29, 2014 10:42 PM
Jun 2012
steven194 said:
Shhh_Im_Hidingz said:
Usually I don't post on the forums, but I have read the light novel and I know exactly what happens. I won't post a spoiler but if anybody really wants to know what happened to Sora and everyone pm me and I will explain.

I have read on in the past to find out what happens in other animes an now read the manga an watch the anime of them but with this im sticking with the anime im just loving it so much

Yeah I know what you mean. But lately Ive been only reading manga and light novels. I can read the the raws so I am a bit ahead of most people.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1030 by Zaicol »»
Oct 18, 12:08 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

708 by Vexerenity »»
Oct 17, 6:13 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

59 by mechian »»
Oct 14, 11:18 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

578 by chris1763 »»
Sep 23, 7:39 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

477 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jul 27, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.