Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2014 1:40 PM

Feb 2014
Lulexiaa said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM SCREAMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MY OTPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But omfg this episode was just tooo sweet! This was like the first time Tsumugu shows some real emotion. Chisaki please accept him please!!! Tsumugu is so kind and sweet T //// T

My feelings exactly! They really do deserve each other, My OTP too XDD
Love how he shows emotion when it comes to the girl he loves, so sweet! :3
Mar 13, 2014 1:51 PM

May 2011
I adore Tsumugu, partially because he is that outsider type of character. I'm so glad for him in having gained that ena. But I'm less sure about the whole Chisaki angle. I don't like her as a character but I can't say there are many characters I like in this series.
Mar 13, 2014 2:12 PM
Jan 2014
That was a good episode. My boy Tsumugu finally making his move and I'm glad he finally got to see realize his dream and see the sea city or w/e.
Mar 13, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2010
Everybody just seems to forget that both Miuna and Tsumugu have Shioshishio blood in them ( Tsumugu's gramps, Miuna's real mom).
Mar 13, 2014 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
redd530 said:
Everybody just seems to forget that both Miuna and Tsumugu have Shioshishio blood in them ( Tsumugu's gramps, Miuna's real mom).

THIS! And the fact that their lives were both in danger at the time.
Tsumugu's hypothesis with the ena being able to become active in extreme conditions makes sense.

AnimeFish2219 said:
One thing I'm still confused with though is the reasoning behind in ep. 21 (I think), why did the hot soup fall on to Akira? Maybe I'm thinking too much about it, but in this show, every little thing has a reason to be shown, and foreshadowing. I at first thought the accident had something to do with Manaka, but know I'm not sure...

I wouldn't think too much of that. Akira is just a clumsy eater.
Mar 13, 2014 2:30 PM

Dec 2013
10/10 episode.

Tsumugu's confession was just way too smooth.
He first stated that he only stayed with his gramps because he liked the ocean and his parents didn't. That shows how much he really likes the sea just like how everyone was making fun of Tsumugu only liking fishes/ocean lol.

And then towards the end he tells Chisaki that she is like the sea...it shows how much Tsumugu likes her now.

Also it felt to me that the ena Tsumugu gained was Manaka's lost Ena or something of that sort. It doesn't seem like he just grew new Ena.

Also the preview Tsumugu states "Was I mistaken.."
It kinda shows he was rejected because Chisaki still likes Hikari more than likely.
We will probably get a conclusive end between Tsumugu and Chisaki once she gets over her crush for Hikari.
HyuseMar 13, 2014 2:34 PM

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 13, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2012
Gettin real fucking sick of Miuna getting so much screen tiem but It was worth it when Tsumugu got his ena and let his feels for Chisaki spill. She better like him back because if Kaname is all butthurt about Chisaki x Tsumugu Sayu can just swoop in and pick him up. It all works perfectly.

BUTTFUCK MIUNA 2014
Mar 13, 2014 2:53 PM
Dec 2013
FUCKING YES
YES
YES
YES
:D
YAY
TSUMUGU X CHISAKI
I just hope chisaki goes out w/ him
Please chisaki
;w;
Mar 13, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2010
Tsumugu finally reveals his inner feelings
Mar 13, 2014 3:17 PM

Oct 2013
Im still concerned however by what hikari said when tsumugu net Manaka in episode 1 he said "that day we witnessed a miracle",i wonder what he meant.

I mean,he was wintress to that special meeting,so why was it special? Maybe we get some plot twists?
Was it just to show the first halfs "rivalry"?
Taimanin_IreliaMar 13, 2014 3:25 PM
Mar 13, 2014 3:17 PM
Aug 2013
You go Sayu!!!! (That one Sayu moment there was better than probably most of Miuna's combined) As much as I like this whole ChiMugu/TsuSaki thing (actually not really), I can't see Kaname ending up with someone else, I mean come on he always kept himself together, No just NO. Childhood friends really have it rough don't they???

Everybody is getting Enas lately..
I think for a person to have Ena, he/she has to have a Sea person's blood flowing in their veins and intense romantic/love feeling.
Mar 13, 2014 3:27 PM

Aug 2011
Yeahhh I don't see how Chisaki is going to reciprocate Tsumugu's feelings in the next 3 episodes unless it's a time skip or something. It has to be baby steps for her. She has barely come to terms with her feelings, like, at all throughout the series. She doesn't know what she really wants and I feel like she's going to reject Tsumugu because she doesn't want to feel like she HAS to choose someone.

She's always felt fine where she's been at, liking Hikari from afar. She's never liked change and she's always running away from change. That's probably how she felt when Kaname confessed out of the blue and now Tsumugu is doing the exact same thing (granted, it's by accident). Tsumugu's gonna have to be extremely supportive if he wants Chisaki by his side. However, since he's leaving and his little comment in the preview, he might be forced to move on until Chisaki is ready.

But I'm excited for next episode because it looks like Kaname is finally going to have a sit down with that girl and resolve his feelings for her once and for all (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ Sayu you have wowed me with that yelling scene and I wholeheartedly support Kaname x Sayu if it happens <3
Mar 13, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 2010
The love rectangle between Hikari, Manaka, Tsumugu, and Chisaki, reminds me alot of the same love rectangle between

I've got a feeling that these relationships are going down the same path. Chisaki loves Hikari, but only has eyes for Manaka and treats Chisaki as a friend only. Tsumugu is outsider that comes in and trys to win over Chisaki, after all of her failed attempts to make Hikari love her back.
JmacMar 13, 2014 3:31 PM
Mar 13, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2012
Dat episode.

So, finally some ChisakiXTsumugu, aye! I support this

And Myuna is.. lovely as usual

Go for it Sayu, bang dat heartless Kaname

Jul 2013
Heh, so Tsumugu has ena now huh..
You go Sayu!
Chisaki overhearing how Tsumugu feels about her.
3 episodes left.

Sep 2013
LadyHepatica said:
Yeahhh I don't see how Chisaki is going to reciprocate Tsumugu's feelings in the next 3 episodes unless it's a time skip or something. It has to be baby steps for her. She has barely come to terms with her feelings, like, at all throughout the series. She doesn't know what she really wants and I feel like she's going to reject Tsumugu because she doesn't want to feel like she HAS to choose someone.

She's always felt fine where she's been at, liking Hikari from afar. She's never liked change and she's always running away from change. That's probably how she felt when Kaname confessed out of the blue and now Tsumugu is doing the exact same thing (granted, it's by accident). Tsumugu's gonna have to be extremely supportive if he wants Chisaki by his side. However, since he's leaving and his little comment in the preview, he might be forced to move on until Chisaki is ready.

But I'm excited for next episode because it looks like Kaname is finally going to have a sit down with that girl and resolve his feelings for her once and for all (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ Sayu you have wowed me with that yelling scene and I wholeheartedly support Kaname x Sayu if it happens <3

Atleast someone understands that Chisaki is not ready for a relationship with Tsumugu, yet nearly everyone thinks she will reciprocate his feelings. Not gonna happen until Chisaki learns to move on from Hikari and also from change. Its either Kaname or Tsumugu who will win in the end for her. She can never get with Hikari since he is full inlove with Manaka.
Mar 13, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, a lot happened in this episode. It looks like a Kaname > Chisaki confession will happen next week as well? Which means Chisaki might have rejected Tsumugu and will reject Kaname too ugh

Jmac said:
The love rectangle between Hikari, Manaka, Tsumugu, and Chisaki, reminds me alot of the same love rectangle between

Very true. Wow, so Nomiya and Ayu are basically Chisaki and Tsumugu? LOL That actually makes a lot of sense.
Mar 13, 2014 3:53 PM
Jan 2014
I think there is some misunderstanding between those who like Tsumugu and who hate tsumugu. I don't think Tsumugu haters really hate him, I think they just hate him because Tsumugu has gotten everything the main characters have wanted without even trying. He got Manaka to fall for him and now maybe even Chisaki. Meanwhile, Hikari and Kaname are struggling for Manaka and Chisaki. They make Tsumugu get everything so easily that I can see why people can hate him. I mean wouldn't you hate it if someone easily took your love away from you while they did nothing?
Mar 13, 2014 3:55 PM
Jan 2014
LostForgotten1 said:
I think there is some misunderstanding between those who like Tsumugu and who hate tsumugu. I don't think Tsumugu haters really hate him, I think they just hate him because Tsumugu has gotten everything the main characters have wanted without even trying. He got Manaka to fall for him and now maybe even Chisaki. Meanwhile, Hikari and Kaname are struggling for Manaka and Chisaki. They make Tsumugu get everything so easily that I can see why people can hate him. I mean wouldn't you hate it if someone easily took your love away from you while they did nothing?

Depends on how you love i guess, if the guy is a good guy and can make her happy then I wouldn't hate him. If he's an ahole then yes lol!
Mar 13, 2014 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Tsumugu got Ena. Chisaki heard his confession by accident.
Mar 13, 2014 4:16 PM
Jan 2014
KillerBee721 said:
LostForgotten1 said:

Depends on how you love i guess, if the guy is a good guy and can make her happy then I wouldn't hate him. If he's an ahole then yes lol!
Lol it would still suck to lose your childhood love to someone who knows her less. The feels for Kaname is too serious. They should have killed him off if they were going to make him suffer like this. Its sad to see him trying and getting pushed away.
Mar 13, 2014 4:17 PM
Apr 2013
At first I thought Manaka's freely-floating emotions embedded inside her ena rushed and protected Tsumugu and that surprised me since I thought she was actually going to confess to Hikari after Ofunehiki 5 years ago but I guess "ena gets activated under extreme conditions if you have the sea-blood" thing makes more sense.

The only character I truly like is Miuna, at this point.
I used to love Chisaki, but although she is still lovely, she's just too passive and wimpy.
I'm indifferent towards Manaka; she's cute and innocent. She's OK.
I pity Kaname. I think he's actually the smartest, and most candid one of the bunch with a no-bullshit attitude, but he feels like even more of an outsider than Tsumugu. There's just no place for him. Sayu is like that too, so that pair would be a good one but I doubt it will happen.
I respect Hikari more than I like him. I dislike his over-dramatic intensity at times but it's always apparent that he's doing the best he can as selflessly as he can most of the time.
I hate, hate, and loathe Tsumugu with a burning passion. I wanna use him as a punching bag. No, then I'd have to look at his face. I just want him to fuck off and go away already. I have to admit the "I thought you were like the sea" speech was smooth and romantic as hell but that just makes me hate him more.
Mar 13, 2014 4:40 PM

Mar 2012
Lots happened this episode but Sayu was my hero today. <3
Mar 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah Kaname has been pretty disappointing throughout this arc, though I guess it allowed Sayu to shine. She was great this episode. And it looks like she even caught on to what Miuna is inevitably going to do from the pv lol.

AlexGK said:
So, to everyone who claimed that Hikari grew up AT ALL, eat your words.
Please do explain. The guy's doing everything he possibly can to give the feeling of love back to the person he loves, even though it may mean hurting himself. How you could possibly knock him for that is beyond me.
Mar 13, 2014 4:48 PM

Jan 2009
Tsumugu... "I thought you were like the sea..."

I almost cried...
mixordiaMar 13, 2014 4:51 PM
english isn't my native language... ;)
Mar 13, 2014 4:58 PM
Jan 2011
Ship is down, ship is down!
Mar 13, 2014 5:03 PM
Jan 2014
Best confession so far . Just 3 episodes to go !
AHHHHH, can't wait for the ending .
This anime is absolutely good .................
"You are so calm and quite, and yet sometimes you become so fierce that i can't handle you.I thought you like the sea " -> Confession of anime.(should learn to use it )
Mar 13, 2014 5:06 PM

Oct 2011
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLS OMG Tsugumu's confession !!!!!!!!!!

Last 2 episodes will kill me on the inside!!! T__T

Ignacio beating up Kal-el once again
Mar 13, 2014 5:11 PM
Jan 2014
LostForgotten1 said:

There are no guarantees that Manaka likes Tsumugu . You know ! Manaka likes only Hikari . In spite of her childish characteristic , she still realises whom she likes.
Mar 13, 2014 5:13 PM
Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
meme-chan said:
Haha I wasn't expecting that kind of confession. But really, what was the fish for? Just to guide him underwater?

Punishment for badmouthing Uroko, just like Manaka at the beginning.

I now think its Uroko's way to guide him to the sea.
Mar 13, 2014 5:19 PM
Jan 2011
Turtlewack said:
Ive always been a tsumugu x manaka shipper. Now its just painful for me to watch as that ship sinks slower and slower every episode. Any shred of hope I have that manak ans tsumugu might get together is now gone. Damnit I hate it when they start you on a ship and then just sink it like that. If only Manaka had stayed with tsumugu during the timeskip........

I ship them as well. Let us just accept this okay. Here's a cookie and some milk.
Mar 13, 2014 5:30 PM

Dec 2013
LostForgotten1 said:

Isn't that the essence of rooting for the underdog, which at one time or another both Hikari and Kaname resembled?
Yeah, I totally get what you mean though.

Stop cheering for Sayu people, Kaname isn't gonna toss his lifelong feelings for Chisaki aside so easily. In my opinion, Kaname is the tragic hero-type who doesn't deserve to have his feelings trampled, but in the end gets his feelings trampled anyway. Given everything that's happened to him up to this point (love rivals left and right, an indecisive target, all the external factors not favoring him, and then getting tossed off the boat whilst watching Chisaki hug Tsumugu), I honestly don't believe that Sayu would be anything more than just a backup plan which, Kaname being Kaname, would never indulge himself in. He's mature beyond his years, and would never exploit another persons feelings for his own selfish benefit (i.e. to use someone else's feelings for him as a cure for his own broken feelings), and if he seriously did then his personality was actually worse than they made him out to be.

I mean, he's waited for Chisaki for 19 years, you just don't pack up your feelings and move on like that, that would be way too unfair to Sayu.

Forever alone tragic hero, please!
Kaname may not deserve it, but anything other than that would make his character the shits.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 13, 2014 5:30 PM

Jul 2010
Ive lost count of how many times i said ''amazing episode'' during this series, but yeah, that was an amazing episode xd.
I dont even know anymore what i want to happen...i mean, i really want Miuna to be happy with Hikari, because she deserves whatever she wants, but leaving out Manaka like this would feel too unnatural and harsh.On the other hand im afraid that something will happen to Miuna, ffs my kokoro cant take this.
No objection to Kaname x Sayu tho, they are a great pairing imo.I just dont think Kaname would want it...he's hard to read, and his feelings for Chisaki wont disappear so fast.If ever.
Then comes Tsumugu x Chisaki...this is hard one, because i like both of them, but i dont feel any chemistry between them.Its like they are sibilings living under same roof.

Ugh, waiting another week to see what happens next will be a hard challenge.
Mar 13, 2014 5:41 PM
Jan 2014
Turtlewack said:
Ive always been a tsumugu x manaka shipper. Now its just painful for me to watch as that ship sinks slower and slower every episode. Any shred of hope I have that manak ans tsumugu might get together is now gone. Damnit I hate it when they start you on a ship and then just sink it like that. If only Manaka had stayed with tsumugu during the timeskip........

^ I also, have beena Tsumugu x Manaka shipper, watching this episode hurt. I was replaying the part were he says he doesn't feel that way to Manaka just to make sure my ears weren't fooling me..
Mar 13, 2014 6:01 PM

Oct 2013
This was a pretty intense episode overall. I liked Sayu's attitude and maturity. Tsumugu's accidental confession and now he has ena!
Mar 13, 2014 6:14 PM

Mar 2012
KillerBee721 said:

Well if it was me, I wouldn't either...chisaki was feeling lonely for the whole 5 years and if she were to accept his feelings before everyone's return, it would be very underhanded because He is using her loneliness to acquire her love.

Finally SOMEBODY else gets WHY he's been such a gentleman (aka a coward to the haters) all these years to her. Of course to have confessed to her while the fate of her friends and family was unknown would have been very selfish and huge douche move. Instead, he allowed himself to also suffer for 5 years like she had been doing. Everybody has suffered one way or another. I think the worse are;

Manaka: 5 years longing for her friends and family's safety. Also longing for Hikari which was the last thing she saw. Her sacrifice means squat as her love for another made things worse and she loses her ena, memories and feelings of love.

Hikari: His last thought/sight was of Manaka being pulled down and slamming into the sea. Not knowing what happened to her. He he saw this in his head this over and over again for 5 years.

Chisaki: Literally lost her closest friends and family when the sea froze over and the currents were keeping everyone out of the sea village. Worried about their unknown fates for 5 years. Felt alone without having those she loved the most all for 5 years despite grampa and Tsumugu being in her life.

Kaname: Similar to Hikari's situation, he saw Chisaki hold Tsumugu while he was forgotten on the side of the ship. When he fell into the water, you could see the look of despair on his face like he was ready to accept death at his lowest point. Instead he saw the image of Chisaki holding Tsumugu for 5 years.

Tsumugu: Got the girl he wanted for 5 years but couldn't express his feelings for her because her loss was so great, he would have been taking advantage of her loneliness to confess. Suffers quietly of unrequited love with her right in front of him for 5 years because it is the right thing to do.

Everyone else who had people they cared about in Shioshishio like Akari who had no idea what happened to her little bother, her father and their friends..... for 5 whole years.
MetaKiteMar 13, 2014 6:17 PM
Mar 13, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2009
In your face Tsumugu haters! You keep on blabbing how he is so boring and emotionless but look at that! The feelings he had for Chisaki were so sincere that the Uroko-sama(/Manaka???) supported him and gave him Ena. And so far, he gets the award for the most meaningful confession in this series.

Whatever the reply, I just want Tsumugu to be happy.
Mar 13, 2014 6:24 PM

Apr 2013
Oh god... once Tsumugu confessed that he loved Chisaki and she heard it... I couldn't stop smiling for a good minute xD

JESUS!

I Love This Series SOOOO Much!

Mar 13, 2014 6:33 PM
Jun 2013
ricardo241 said:
Woah A TsuSaki
But just like Kaname she's quite in shock

She's probably gonna ignore his feeling not until they resolved everything
Don't know why some people think she will just easily accept Tsumugu's feeling

We all know Chisaki.... It's gonna take time before she can move on

And oh poor sayu the only person left w/o ena... I'm hoping for her to get one too

Manaka doesn't have ena anymore, so she's not the only one! :>
Mar 13, 2014 6:34 PM

Jul 2013
Ha.. I remember how MIUNA got so much hate when she acquired ena.

"Oh no why is she sooo special??" they said.

Now that Tsumugu has ena too, I don't see anyone hating on him (and praising him instead).

Well FUCK YOU MIUNA HATERS!!! Fuck you and your double standards!!!
Mar 13, 2014 6:35 PM
Jun 2013
Judging by how Miuna and Tsumugu both got ena, it appears that there are a few conditions...

1) Ancestors must be from the sea
2) Love the sea
3) Have a strong desire to do something in the sea
Mar 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
I see that Akari is still doing his job of reminding me why I don't want children, props to him. On another note, I'm one of the few people who don't dislike Tsugumu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2014 6:37 PM
Mar 2014
I loved this episode soo much!!! In my opinion, Chisaki is going to accept Tsumugu's feelings for her because I noticed dropped hints that she has feelings for him-(such as when she glanced at him while saying that she rather not have the heart to love). I think she is just scared to move on from Hikari and pretends she doesn't have feelings for him...well just my observations tho...But I also loved Sayu and Miuna in this ep...I just loved to watch them mature.
Mar 13, 2014 6:46 PM

Aug 2013
Haha Okada Mari, the executioner of characters people love, has struck again.

Okada Mari activates Suffering.
Critical hit! Kaname is paralyzed.
It's super effective!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 13, 2014 6:55 PM

Jun 2013
Sayu thank you. I love you for saying that. My first otp is KanamexSayu just so you know.

Miuna was so cute this ep. <3

I swear to god TsumuguxChisaki better happen.
Mar 13, 2014 6:56 PM

Dec 2008
Now that's how you man up and tell a woman how you feel about them! Go, Tsumugu! And if Chisaki doesn't want to be with you, I will! But damn, it seems like all these girls know how to do is run away. I don't see why any of these guys would want a woman that just runs from anything that makes them scared or uncomfortable. So ANNOYING!!

Hikari's got a lot of nerve. So, he wanted Tsumugu to lie to Manaka for the sake of her inability to love. Now, once she got that ability back and finds out it's all a lie, what would happen to her emotions then? Hikari's so out of his mind over Manaka that he didn't even consider that possibility.

I guess it's too late to toss her back into the sea, huh?

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 13, 2014 6:57 PM

Oct 2011
notelikser said:
Turtlewack said:

^ I also, have beena Tsumugu x Manaka shipper, watching this episode hurt. I was replaying the part were he says he doesn't feel that way to Manaka just to make sure my ears weren't fooling me..

Same :( Oh well, I've already accepted that it won't happen.

Anyway,
Have to give it to Sayu this episode :)
I hope it'll be explained WHY Tsumugu got ena now.
Mar 13, 2014 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
Finally, I hope everything turn out fine with Chisaki and Tsumugu.
Mar 13, 2014 7:39 PM

May 2013
I fucking love this show...
Finally some movement in the romance department!
Sayu will finally confess to Kaname, Tsumugu confesses to Chisaki, and Hikari will most likely soon find out that Manaka loved him. Poor Miuna... i swear she is gonna be the new Ofuneki which is a shame because she is one of my favorite characters and much more well rounded and developed than Manaka.
Mar 13, 2014 8:08 PM
Apr 2012
You're always so quiet and calm, and yet sometimes you become so fierce that I can't handle you. At that time, I thought you were like the sea. -Tsumugu-

Whoa. think that's the best pickup line of the year (o.0)
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

177 by basskiller »»
Jun 15, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

186 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.