Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2008
Then I won't try EO in general again. A silent protagonist is fine by me, but I want at least some kind of interaction with other characters and overall story and I really disliked having to make my own party. If they were temporary mercenaries or something that only went with you for one crawl I wouldn't mind, but I don't want to manage multiple soulless permanent party members.

Aug 7, 2014 1:19 AM

Feb 2012
I dunno I actually liked the whole silent party since I ended up imagining characters for them as we trundled through the dungeons, at the end of the day it felt more like an actual "Role play game" than any story driven J/RPG I'd played.

Although I don't mind the EOU story stuff either, a couple of the party members are pretty likeable.
Aug 7, 2014 1:39 AM

Feb 2008
Nickienator said:
Then I won't try EO in general again. A silent protagonist is fine by me, but I want at least some kind of interaction with other characters and overall story and I really disliked having to make my own party. If they were temporary mercenaries or something that only went with you for one crawl I wouldn't mind, but I don't want to manage multiple soulless permanent party members.

Then stay away from Dragon Quest games. Especially 1-3 and 9.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 7, 2014 7:29 AM

Jul 2008
I've played DQI and IV, I think.

Aug 7, 2014 11:14 AM
Jun 2008
Actually the earlier DQ games (with the exception of II maybe) are more enjoyable to me.
Aug 7, 2014 11:28 AM
Mar 2011
Wind_Falcon said:
Actually the earlier DQ games (with the exception of II maybe) are more enjoyable to me.

you have very good tatse
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 5, 2014 6:19 AM

Jul 2013
Has anyone played the Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior) Series?

I had Dragon Warrior 3 on the Game Boy Color when I was little but I never beat it (and I sold it). Can anyone recommend me a solid title in the Dragon Quest series? Where would be a good place to start?

Also, these "Did you know Gaming?" videos are pretty interesting. This one is on Dragon Quest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvCVAp2jE1E
Nagisa33Sep 5, 2014 6:23 AM
Sep 5, 2014 6:58 AM

Feb 2008
Play the DS games (DQ4-6 and 9). DQ4-6 use the same engine and are remakes, DQ9 is a new game. In DQ4-6 you already got premade characters with personality, while DQ9 is close to DQ1-3 with create-a-character party.

Playing DQ1-3 remakes on the SNES is a good idea too, but they are more grind heavy.

Sep 5, 2014 11:24 AM

Feb 2008
The DQ7 remake is on 3DS, and it's Japanese only.

Sep 6, 2014 3:41 AM
Jun 2008
Start with the original DQ SNES remake (there is a fan translation), skip 2, and then go to the DQIII SNES remake (again, there is a fan translation). Then you can check out every game after, most of them are remade for the DS (IV, V, VI), and V has a PS2 version that's the best IMHO (will again need a fan translation), though VI is a bit weaker, VII is extremely long, and IX is co-op oriented.
Sep 6, 2014 3:46 AM

Feb 2008
^You make it sounds like DQIX needs to be played with friends. Single player is just like any other DQ with the party system.

Sep 6, 2014 3:55 AM
Jun 2008
Well yes it can, but that's not how the game would be played optimally with the most fun.

This video also touches on DQ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglKS-HfZMw
Sep 11, 2014 9:12 PM

Jul 2013
How is Chrono Cross?

I played Chrono Trigger back in high school and it's one of my favorite RPGs. However, I heard CC is not really similar to CT (at least as far as I know). Anyway, how does CC game compare to other RPGs of its time and how does it compare to newer RPGs? Does it stack up to them and does it hold up well timewise?

The reason why I liked CT so much was because of the innovative battle system (it was the first time I experienced that type of system) and the well done time travel elements. Besides those aspects the characters were all unique, interesting, and memorable. Will I be getting a memorable experience with CC or will it fade in to obscurity like some other RPGs of its time?
Sep 13, 2014 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
To my knowledge, Chrono Cross is one of the most well received games of all time, but for some reason it gets overshadowed by Trigger's big presence.
Sep 25, 2014 8:26 AM

Jun 2010
To this day, I will never see the point of visual novels. Why put all that effort and money just to make the characters slightly move and have sound when you could just make a video game (an indie game at least) or an anime, other wise just make it a manga or novel. It's cheaper to produce and you're not wasting time with pointless add-ons. Now some of you may say "but VN often have multiple path ways and endings" I'd argue so do Choose Your Own Adventure books but Okay, you have a point but how about you put all that effort to make one good ending as oppose to multiple mediocre ones and if you're going to have that, do it like Deus Ex or Metal Gear Solid where these paths actually involve interactivity. When you get that good ending in MGS, it's rewarding because of how much you were willing to put up with to get that ending and Deus Ex where you actually feel and see the affects of your actions which just brings me back my point of "just make it a fucking video game"

You guys remember that piece of shit "video game" Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (Angry Video Game Nerd reviewed it). That's essentially what you guys are playing when you're playing a visual novel (or reading it, whatever)

So yeah, Visual Novels. I don't get them
Sep 25, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2009
So I played some Long Live the Queen, and it is pretty glorious.

I get to dress up myself in pretty little outfits and send motherfuckers to prison. Like 14 year old queens typically do. And it's a lot of "OFF WITH HER HEAD" just because I can. Man, I feel so motherfuckin' powerful. I get to talk to people and make decisions, and charm people with my speeches. I get rewards man, it's motherfuckin' exciting! I decided to have a real good relationship with my aunt, because I want that motherfuckin' magical girl route. Because why the hell not?
Sep 25, 2014 10:26 AM

Apr 2012
@Spike
To be fair, I dont know many people here that like VNs anyway. Ive not been part of the club for long, but ever since I dont think Ive heard anyone discuss them here. The VN in VN/JRPG appreciation thread seems to be there more for show and the sense of inclusivness ^^.
Sep 25, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
There was a bit of discussion on VNs earlier if you go back some pages, though this thread is more JRPG focused. After I asked about good VNs and I talked about my enjoyable experience with Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors there was more discussion. I beleive I talked about how I appreciated Saya no Uta and how Kawata Shojo was pretty meh. It's all about finding the right VNs to read/play, just like finding the good anime series.

I finished "Juniper's Knot" a while ago. It's a kinetic novel, which is like a VN but no choices are made. So it's like a book presented in a VN format. Plus, it's free for PC/Mac OS/Linux. (I played it on my ipad.) The interaction between the characters was pretty dope. I recommend it as it was short, sweet, and a great way to spend a couple of hours.

Also, right now I'm playing the sequel to 999, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and it's fantastic so far. I appreciate the addition of voice acting and the puzzles are more interesting to boot. :)
Nagisa33Sep 25, 2014 11:05 AM
Oct 15, 2014 8:19 PM

Jun 2011
Let me just say I hadn't read Mango's reaction to Long Live the Queen until now, and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the game too.
Nov 5, 2014 5:02 AM

Apr 2012
So I played through, and finished, Tales of Xillia 2 (the main story that is).

The story wasn't anything special, it was more on the mediocre side (yet, I still enjoyed it a lot, probably because it was my first post-exam game). I felt as though the story lacked a central antagonist, which isn't exactly a bad thing when executed correctly, however in this case it just felt aimless. Unlike in the first game, where the central antagonist was subtled alluded to throughout the game, this one felt more ambiguous. I think it tried to approach the whole 'not everything is black and white approach', but it didn't felt like it was done well enough.

The gameplay was fun, Ludger's weapon swapping is great, for combos especially. Comboing was made so much more diverse and fun with the weapon swapping. So glad you can play as Gaius and Muzet, had both of them in my party till I swapped Gaius for Elize.

The game was a good enough sequel that I didn't regret buying it. Now it's time to go through Xenoblade again.
Nov 5, 2014 11:07 PM

Jan 2014
Xillia 2's english dub is noticeably better than the first one. Milla's voice actress conveys way more emotions in that game. Jude himself is also much more enjoyable since he's less idealistic and he isn't as clingy when it comes to Milla (it also helps that Jude's new design is great).

Xillia 2 did have some story problems, but if that game and the first one had animes made by ufotable then l would watch the shit out of them because the fights would be amazing. Plus the characters are at least more fun than similar archetypes you see in most anime. Also talking Ludger would be enough for me to call an Xillia 2 anime good. His journal entries show a fun character in him.
Nov 5, 2014 11:19 PM
Nov 2009
Also Milla would be voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro. But I haven't really watched any of the Tales anime, dunno how well they are received.
Nov 6, 2014 4:59 AM

Apr 2012
There were aspects that were considerably better. There is more to do stuff post-game and not all of them are just collecting stuff...damn cats. Compared to the first game, the second offers a lot more diversity, in both story and the gameplay. It still has it's core features, except now it's more polished and there are newer features added in (well I guess it's features to do with polishing gameplay). Also with a larger party there are more combinations of characters you could use.

The character dynamics and interactions are super fun as well, Gaius and Muzet are extremely fun to be in the party with just with their little quirks. Also, like heavylobster said, Judge is a less annoying in this one. He is a lot more independent and Millia doesn't have to basically be the figurative mother of Jude. I guess the best part of it is that the amount of character I could play with, although I would always go back to playing as Ludger. Playing as Gaius and Elize for a while was fun, and trying out their own respective combos.

As for Persona 3. I felt the same when I first started, I wasn't exactly hooked, however I eventually found myself playing it a lot. However, I did prefer the gameplay portion of it than the social events. Trying to get my Surt's magic up every night. Never got around to P4 though.
Nov 6, 2014 10:38 AM
Apr 2014
Yup, just got into VN, and now I'm spamming everywhere on just how awesome Saya no Uta was. Not creepy or disturbing, but awesome nonetheless. Might have something to do with the fact that I haven't played anything but that and Sono Hanabira yet though. Anyone got any good recommendations? I only have a laptop so Persona is a no-go, I'm broke, I don't have all that much time and I'm not really into RPG's (I play TERA, Swordsman or Vindictus every now and then, but only once every few months). And I'll probably forget about this post completely and never see the answer cough. Still, some short, entertaining stories would be cool. God I sound like a selfish little prick now.

YURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII cough hack hack cough cough cough
UnleashTheGoatNov 6, 2014 10:44 AM
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Nov 6, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
Persona wouldn't be a 'good' recommendation anyway.

Nov 12, 2014 2:23 PM

Mar 2009
mugi said:
Started Persona 3 which is the first SMT game I will finish I guess. I played some other SMT a bit before but I don't remember which one.
Didn't like the first hour that much, because it was mostly text and apparently my attention span shortened over the couple of years. But now I'm kinda into it.

I took a break from that game due to the monotonous grind of Tartarus. Awful.
Nov 13, 2014 4:39 AM

Jul 2008
I quit P3 right before the final boss because I wanted to complete all sidequests you get on your first playthrough and was still missing one rare katana quest.

That and the idea that I could play an actual MegaTen game and not have to deal with badly written trope characters, buttonbash-tier gameplay, and all the other problems that make Persona games the bad games they are.

Nov 13, 2014 5:00 AM
Nov 2009
I don't really see any major "bad" tropes in the P3. I'm also not sure where the buttonbashing would take place. Also only the west advertises them as SMT games. Persona games are just Persona game originally.
Nov 13, 2014 6:18 AM

Jul 2008
Buttonbashing was a jab at how patheticly simple the game is.

Devil Survivor games 'aren't SMT games' either, but that's like making a game called Final Memory, using Final Fantasy monsters, settings, background and gameplay elements and saying it's not a Final Fantasy game. A name doesn't mean shit.

And I clearly said 'an actual MegaTen', implying Persona is not actually one, because I do wish to think of Persona as an unrelated terrible game franchise. But in the end it's still clearly related.

And although DeSu games have major flaws (especially the second one) it still feels wrong to put them in the same league as Persona 3 and 4.

Nov 13, 2014 8:59 AM

Feb 2008
Persona games are weaker than core Shin Megumi Tensai games in any way, but I still wouldn't call them bad games. The gameplay works, the story is interesting and it has some likeable characters. It doesn't have the best story and characters in existence, but they aren't the worst. Don't hate the game because of fanboys, otherwise we all should hate Evangelion.

Though I'm talking about 3-4 up there. I found Persona 2 in general to be more interesting than them. Not sure what to think of Persona 1, since the random encounters were TOO high, and the game was too easy. The fights were too easy and only the high encounter rate made it somewhat difficult if you're in critical conditions.

Nov 17, 2014 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
mugi said:
Also Milla would be voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro. But I haven't really watched any of the Tales anime, dunno how well they are received.
symphonia's is nice fanservice but it obviously cuts alot, phantasia and eternia's are suppossed to be pretty bad, tales of the abyss cut too much to the point of inducing plot holes everywhere and making the pacing unbearable, the tales of vesperia movie is a really good addition to the game and stands on its own pretty well given that its a prequal

I think xillia would make a very good anime, ufotable seem to give a legitiment shit about the source material and even with their immense amount of cut content for symphonia they do have heart in that adaption, plus as someone said ludger talking would immediatly improve xillia 2, that ranks up there as one of the dumbest decisions the franchise has made, like there is no reason from him to be silent at all and it really hurts the game in addition to the immense amount of padding and recycled content, I do love that the tales games come out pretty frequently but sometimes it'd be best if they delayed them once in a while, xillia's final act being completly cut to all the recycled content of 2 are proof of that, i just hope zestiria turns out fine and doesnt end up being some 20 hour game with open areas full of game padding.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 17, 2014 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
JizzyHitler said:
tales of the abyss cut too much to the point of inducing plot holes everywhere and making the pacing unbearable

Aaah, so THAT's how it is! I'd always seen some mixed reception for the anime over the years but never really got around to it myself I think because I owned the game already (not beaten yet) and the preview scores were kinda weak for the opening episodes of the series, but then my uni friend I met last year is a Tales nut who loves the games but hasn't seen the adaptations (most aren't worth a look anyway so I'm told) and he said Abyss has one of, if not THE best story in a Tales game, so it reignited my interest. I hadn't played the game for many a years so I wasn't sure about how the story fared, but I knew there was something different and unique about it, but again, I was still wondering about that adaptation given all the middling reception; that's a real bummer :/. Maybe I'll still give it a look, but idk.
AngelsArcanumNov 17, 2014 7:46 PM
Nov 17, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
How's the Mother (Earthbound) series? Like many others, I was first introduced to it through Super Smash Bros. It has a cult following here in the US and I've heard it has some very unique elements for a RPG. The story's supposed to be stellar too. From my experience I know that it has some interesting characters and the music is fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVcz-XAMJ7c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFXSEGDNSrc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeb8i-lvBEI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Md2ODg-0M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEBY-ai1F0M
Nov 18, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
AngelsArcanum said:
JizzyHitler said:
tales of the abyss cut too much to the point of inducing plot holes everywhere and making the pacing unbearable

Aaah, so THAT's how it is! I'd always seen some mixed reception for the anime over the years but never really got around to it myself I think because I owned the game already (not beaten yet) and the preview scores were kinda weak for the opening episodes of the series, but then my uni friend I met last year is a Tales nut who loves the games but hasn't seen the adaptations (most aren't worth a look anyway so I'm told) and he said Abyss has one of, if not THE best story in a Tales game, so it reignited my interest. I hadn't played the game for many a years so I wasn't sure about how the story fared, but I knew there was something different and unique about it, but again, I was still wondering about that adaptation given all the middling reception; that's a real bummer :/. Maybe I'll still give it a look, but idk.
Abyss is my favorite entry in the franchise, that may sound like it sets up alot of biases towards its adaption but the anime really does have issues, Abyss is definetly one of the longest entries in the franchise and has alot more complexity to its world than per say something like graces or vesperia and as a result of them cutting it down so much theres little to no explanation on alot of things and the pacing just jumps the fuck around everywhere, certain scenes still retain their impact of the original source but theres really no forgiving just how shotty the adaption is, I think abyss was probably the only tales game that needed more than a 2 cour to be adapted properly, maybe vesperia would need that length too.

I think a xillia anime will fare much better, that has room for cutting some slower bits and generally they could even improve on the games, for example the entire final act of xillia 1 was cut due to time restraints and gaius + muzet were meant to be playable, we could actually see that final act in the anime version, and xillia 2 will be infinitely better by making ludger a character.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 18, 2014 7:23 PM

Feb 2008

It's really a shame that he stopped doing 16-bit gems. They were really informative and fun. I'm subscribed to so many youtube gamers, but I think that his videos among the better ones (since most other stuff I'm subscribed are comedy videos like AVGN, JonTron, PBG etc). I like ClassicGameRoom too since Mark reviews games and consoles daily. They aren't indepth, but at least give you a picture about random games you might have not heard about. His second channel where his co-workers review games is garbage. Also LazyGameReviews is fun since he mostly does DOS and old PC games. So uh, I guess I like retro game reviews.

@Tales discussion I've heard that the Tales of Abyss anime was really bad, and also badly animated on top of it. The only Tales anime I've seen is the Vesperia movie, which was just average. I think that it was supposed to be like a canon prequel, so that's the only reason to check it out if you finished Vesperia. I wanted to watch Tales of Phantasia too, but apparently they changed a lot and it's just loosely based on the game.

I don't think that game adaptations can fit in 2-cours, since it's not just about plot advancing. Vesperia for example is at least 50 hours long. Of course, majority of that is just gameplay, with story segments maybe taking away 10 hours of the total. But you can't really just focus on the story segments only. The adventure is part of the whole cake. All game adaptations should be 4-cour since that is enough for both story and adventure. Kinda like the Pokemon anime does. The Pokemon anime covers every point of interest from the games, and not just the story related stuff like gyms and Team fights.

Nov 19, 2014 5:30 AM

Apr 2012
Abyss adaptation is meh fanservice is you've played the game, downright unbearable if you haven't (though I have encountered people who liked it without playing the game).

Symphonia is REALLY fun fanservice, though heavily flawed on its own.

Vesperia movie is pretty good standalone, great if you've played the game (the fact that Vesperia is my favorite Tales game and one of my favorite games ever doesn't help).

Phantasia and Eternia are terrible. Especially Eternia.

And yes, we need a 50 episode video game adaptation.
And while I'm at it, has anyone played God Eater? Rather curious about it since ufotable is adapting it.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Nov 19, 2014 6:12 AM

Sep 2011
im looking forword to god eater, the game was really good and i think an adaption can improve on its story by making the main character not a silent protagonist, ufotable gives me the impression of giving a shit about source material so hopefully they will do the impossible and adapt video games well. If this goes well im really gonna want a xillia anime.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 19, 2014 6:13 AM
Nov 2009
Yes I have. Dunno about the story but it's basically a Monster Hunter.
Nov 19, 2014 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
Can i just state the obvious here, xenoblade chronicles X looks absolutely incredible, and judging by this theme its going to sound it too

All aboard the hype train for likely GOTY 2015

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 19, 2014 10:34 PM

Feb 2008
If only I could find a cheaper WiiU ;_; Nobody is selling used ones here yet, and new consoles are just a rip off since they costs at least 100$ more.

Nov 19, 2014 10:57 PM

Apr 2012
So hyped for Xenoblade X, although I believe they said they're trying for a 2015 release. It may be released later, because of the magnitude of the world. Especially seeing the difference between the graphics 2013 E3 and the 2014 Nintendo Direct--it looks fucking amazing. I'm all for releasing it later if it means they're polishing it and not release a game that's completely broken, glitched and crashes, not like anyone will release such a untested game that acts like a beta on release.
Nov 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2013
Some games and some series hold up better than others. For me games like the original Castlevania, FF6, and Mario Bros 3. are still a blast to play now. I've heard from my friend who played the original Mass Effect that it looks pretty dated and that the item system is difficult to manage. I have fond memories of it but I also played it when it came out, many years ago. Are there any critically acclaimed games or great games that really don't hold up now? I don't care if the games are from the east or the west.
Nov 24, 2014 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
mass effect 1 is the only entry in the franchise that ide say was good, 2 is way more dated feeling from its bland and uninteresting shooting mechanics that lacked any real depth or difference from the million other cover based shooters. Alot of people get on 3's shit but i wonder how many of them really took the time to notice many of 3's faults are shared by 2.

One classic thats aged horribly is the first dmc, also resident evil 1 is near impossible to play nowadays as well as medal of honor, psone era shooters are probably some of the most dated feeling games in all of the industry.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 24, 2014 10:16 PM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
mass effect 1 is the only entry in the franchise that ide say was good, 2 is way more dated feeling from its bland and uninteresting shooting mechanics that lacked any real depth or difference from the million other cover based shooters. Alot of people get on 3's shit but i wonder how many of them really took the time to notice many of 3's faults are shared by 2.

Thank you. Finally someone not blind. Me1 Item System was great and not at all hard to manage, and it gave the game an aspect I quite enjoyed. Also the menus where super shit in Me2, like wtf is wrong with them and putting in submenu after submenu, you have to click so many times to get where you need.

Me 2 just lost so much Depth. And people sing it praises for that, and I dont get why.
Its also a buggy mess. I have had so many game breaking bugs where my guy teleported on a cover and couldnt get back off again, so I had to reload. I actually still havent finished the game. It just didnt captivate me like Me1 did.
Nov 24, 2014 10:21 PM
Jun 2008
I also think the first Mass Effect was the best one (haven't played 3 since 2 put me off the series though), but I don't get why the series is regarded so highly in the first place since it's an infinitely dumbed down KotOR, which in turn is a consolized and dumbed down RPG.

Not that this means the games are by default bad, but there are much better RPGs out there...

And this is the wrong thread for this discussion btw (why is gaming even split up between two threads?).
Nov 24, 2014 10:31 PM

Apr 2012
Wind_Falcon said:

And this is the wrong thread for this discussion btw (why is gaming even split up between two threads?).

Cause lets be honest, we wouldnt want to talk about VNs when we talk about REAL vidjagames ;).

VNs are a thing of their own and most dont play VNs that play games or even the other way around.
Nov 25, 2014 12:04 AM
Jun 2008
But people use this thread mainly for jRPG discussions (even if the other topic gets jRPG posts too).
Nov 25, 2014 1:01 AM

Jan 2013
They got mixed up ages ago, it's hardly relevant anymore which video game thread you decide to post in for each particular game, people just get swept up in the conversation. Originally it was divided between Western/European games and Japanese, but now nobody cares lol.
Nov 25, 2014 2:10 AM

Feb 2008
Wind_Falcon said:
But people use this thread mainly for jRPG discussions (even if the other topic gets jRPG posts too).

I wondered that since the day the thread was created. But back then we didn't have any other gaming threads. I usually use the other gaming thread for posting my opinion/what I'm playing. Dark Souls is JRPG and it still gets posted in the other thread. So might even rename this thread and use it only for VNs.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.