Forum Settings
Forums

Your favorite shonen villain? Give reasons!

New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Feb 8, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
Orochimaru and Aizen right now for me. I feel Blackbeard in one piece is going to become epic soon, I love the build they've done with him thus far, and I think it will blow up soon enough.
Feb 8, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2011
Alone from Lost Canvas,i like how he can kill some of my other fav characters while looking awesome, his elegance, his powers, his backstory an the tragedy that surrounds him
Feb 8, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2011
Takasugi Shinsuke and Kamui, damn I can't wait to see them duo in action animated! I think no one mentioned them, right?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 8, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2013
Yagami Light, the one i can think of at the top of my head without thinking about it too much.
Feb 8, 2014 12:40 PM
Nov 2013
+ Alone from Lost Canvas, because he's fucking cool. Aizen from Bleach, I like the way he is overpowered in the ultimate level. Also, his voice is damn good. He's evil just like a villain should be.
Feb 8, 2014 12:48 PM

Jun 2013
Hisoka all the way.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Feb 8, 2014 12:59 PM

Jun 2011
johnyjohny said:
Vandalyzm said:
Polychrome said:
Hisoka from HxH

Dat Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon.

OT: I would have to say Shishio Makoto from Ruoruni Kenshin, Blackbeard from One Piece, Sensui from Yu Yu Hakusho and Meurem from Hunter X Hunter. Maybe even Dio Brando from JJBA and Aizen from Bleach, they're pretty fun as well.

Feb 8, 2014 4:03 PM

May 2012
If FMA 2003 counts then I'll say Dante.
NihilfistFeb 8, 2014 4:13 PM
Feb 8, 2014 4:10 PM

Nov 2012
Any of the JoJo villains. They're all oh so fabulous and full of awesome.
Feb 8, 2014 4:14 PM

Jul 2012
mine is orochimaru.
(naruto)

why? i have no idea. i think its a love to hate/hate to love thing

he's diabolical and endearing... somehow? sneaky little snake guy...
maybe cuz he's a sannin and well, they rock
Feb 8, 2014 5:06 PM

Jan 2013
Shinobu Sensui from YYH.

Sensui is a prime example of a villain done right. Rather than another cliche villain who is evil just for the sake of being evil or for a mere desire for power.
Salmon is delicious.
Feb 8, 2014 5:22 PM

Jan 2014
Exaccus said:
Shinobu Sensui from YYH.

Sensui is a prime example of a villain done right. Rather than another cliche villain who is evil just for the sake of being evil or for a mere desire for power.

Never got to finish YYH but people always say Toguro's the best and Sensui is where it went downhill, now I'm sensing it's because of your description and not being cliche (which I thought Toguro was)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2014 5:34 PM

Nov 2012
judals said:
Exaccus said:
Shinobu Sensui from YYH.

Never got to finish YYH but people always say Toguro's the best and Sensui is where it went downhill, now I'm sensing it's because of your description and not being cliche (which I thought Toguro was)

the characterization got better but the plot became more DBZish with lots of power levels, power classes and super transformations near the end though.
Feb 8, 2014 5:35 PM

Mar 2012
Without a doubt Dio Brando. Dante and the Homunculi from FMA 2003 are great too

trestkon said:
Yagami Light, the one i can think of at the top of my head without thinking about it too much.
He's more like an anti hero.
Feb 8, 2014 5:41 PM
Nov 2013
Orochimaru by miles!!

Terrifying voiced snake-man who will do literally any evil thing you can think of to succeed in his goals, killed and experimented on people who considered him a role-model and was able to have complete control over anyone he wanted to-a complete mastermind. His conclusion, to this day is one of my biggest disappointments in Naruto.
Feb 8, 2014 5:45 PM

Jan 2014
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:
Exaccus said:
Shinobu Sensui from YYH.

the characterization got better but the plot became more DBZish with lots of power levels, power classes and super transformations near the end though.

Yeah it seemed that way, that's why I dropped it during the Bui fight

That said, the dialogue kind of does sell it soemtimes, but still Togashi's come a long, long way since YYH
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2014 5:47 PM

Mar 2013
fuehrer Bradly from fma/fmab
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Feb 8, 2014 8:35 PM

Jul 2013
Mereum hxh 2011

Dracule Mihawk
Feb 8, 2014 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
judals said:
Exaccus said:
Shinobu Sensui from YYH.

I disagree. YYH was awesome from start to finish. Be sure to finish the anime sometime.

D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:
Exaccus said:
Shinobu Sensui from YYH.

You say that like it's a problem.

SeibaaHomu said:
Without a doubt Dio Brando.

LOL wut. I love JJBA and all, but Dio Brando is hardly what I would consider a quality villain. He's just another villain with father issues who pursues power for the sake of power.
Salmon is delicious.
Feb 8, 2014 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
Exaccus said:

SeibaaHomu said:

LOL wut. I love JJBA and all, but Dio Brando is hardly what I would consider a quality villain. He's just another villain with father issues who pursues power for the sake of power.

Yeah, never was that crazy for Dio. He's just, well, "lolevil" and that's it. He can be kind of fun at times in his but, he doesn't hold a damn candle to to Yoshikage Kira. Now THAT is a great villain.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 8, 2014 9:38 PM

Jun 2012
Souther from Fist of the North Star.

Dat pyramid complex.
Feb 8, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2014
Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter

Because, he has his own rules and adheres to them. Never kill out of fear, but out of lust. The stronger the opponent the better. Cherish the beauty of strength, will power, talent and perfection.
Feb 8, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah

I'll have to go with Hisoka too lol

although he's not exactly a "vilain"
Feb 9, 2014 12:05 AM

Jan 2014
Orochimaru - Sinister done the right way.

Aizen - Great reveal and as someone said before, his voice fits his villainy perfectly.

Makoto Shishio - Awesome rival to the main hero in both strength and ideology.

Sir Crocodile - Yes, Crocodile. Despite only being the main villain in 1 arc, he gave one of the biggest reality checks to a hero that I've seen, and had an awesome defeat.

Dante - Was a more personal villain to the Elrics and had a nice creepy theme.

Ragyo Kiryuuin - Those goddamn rainbows, and theme song as well.

Legato Bluesummers - One of few villains to make a hero break his own ideology.

Byakuran - This one I wasn't sure I would like, but he had such an insulting way of acting carefree in front of opponents and taking life and death matters as a game.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 9, 2014 12:20 AM

Jan 2014
Kamui from Gintama. He smiles while killing his opponent to send them off in the most peaceful way. What a gentleman.

Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin. Idk. When I was a kid, I watched Rurouni Kenshin, I was always afraid of him. He had this special aura that made him terrifying max.
Feb 9, 2014 3:07 AM
Sep 2013
Orochimaru - He's just so creepy and so fun to watch. He's able to use both his wits as well as his power to be one of the strongest ninjas. So many badass things he's done; invading the leaf village, messing with Sasuke's head, fighting the other two sannin at the same time without his jutsu. Also, I love his character design and his theme music.

Sensui - I love how he was given the multiple personalities and I like how his fight style contrasted with Yusuke's. He was given great motive and he had a huge impact on the story (having his beliefs as fighting as a spirit detective being exposed after witnessing the human cruelty towards demons).

I also really like Pain, Light, Frieza, and Vegeta (when he was a villain, of course).
Feb 9, 2014 4:39 AM

Jan 2014
Exaccus said:
judals said:
Exaccus said:
Shinobu Sensui from YYH.

I disagree. YYH was awesome from start to finish. Be sure to finish the anime sometime.

D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:
Exaccus said:
Shinobu Sensui from YYH.

You say that like it's a problem.

SeibaaHomu said:

I thought the Dark Tournament and the previous mini tournament were pretty cliche tbh

and being DBZ-ish can take away the excitement, continuously bigger scales is very risky and can hardly work.
Feb 9, 2014 9:44 AM

Jul 2012
how could i forget Hisoka ><

fucking love him
Feb 9, 2014 9:52 AM

Jun 2011
wanderingplayboy said:
Kamui from Gintama. He smiles while killing his opponent to send them off in the most peaceful way. What a gentleman.

Seems like we're the only few who liked Gintama villains, but why didn't you include Takasugi too? He makes an awesome duo with Kamui from the little bits I've seen of them.
Feb 9, 2014 10:55 AM

Nov 2013
The King from HxH, by an absolute mile.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 9, 2014 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
Vexper said:
The King from HxH, by an absolute mile.

Distances can't be negative anyway.
Feb 9, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
wanderingplayboy said:

Seems like we're the only few who liked Gintama villains, but why didn't you include Takasugi too? He makes an awesome duo with Kamui from the little bits I've seen of them.

I liked Takasugi, but he is still yet to do much in the anime. I really liked Hosen though, and I thought he outshone by and large every other villain to appear in the anime series.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 9, 2014 11:14 AM

Nov 2010
RedRoseFring said:
ToG25thBaam said:
wanderingplayboy said:

I liked Takasugi, but he is still yet to do much in the anime. I really liked Hosen though, and I thought he outshone by and large every other villain to appear in the anime series.
Yeah Takasugi has really done almost nothing in the series personally.
Feb 9, 2014 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
I would say Squealer, but SSY isn't a Shounen from what I know. So instead, I'll go for Shishio Makoto from RuroKen. What can I say? The dude's a bloody badass.

Seriously, the guy is badass incarnate.
Feb 9, 2014 11:23 AM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
RedRoseFring said:
ToG25thBaam said:
wanderingplayboy said:

Yeah Takasugi has really done almost nothing in the series personally.

But can't you guys feel that build up? Increasing tension between him and Gin-san + Jura. He also did things behind the back, and choose to team up with Kamui.
Feb 9, 2014 11:27 AM

Nov 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
But can't you guys feel that build up? Increasing tension between him and Gin-san + Jura. He also did things behind the back, and choose to team up with Kamui.
It's been like 260 episodes and nothing's really happened, Gintama is mostly a comedy anime so I don't expect it to happen soon.
That's what I said, he didn't really do anything personally. Yes he did team up with Kamui but I still don't see how that would make him a great villain. He's showed up a few times, rarely fought, just went away for another 50 episodes.
Feb 9, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
ToG25thBaam said:
It's been like 260 episodes and nothing's really happened, Gintama is mostly a comedy anime so I don't expect it to happen soon.
That's what I said, he didn't really do anything personally. Yes he did team up with Kamui but I still don't see how that would make him a great villain. He's showed up a few times, rarely fought, just went away for another 50 episodes.

It's the eyepatch. Obviously, the eyepatch makes him awesome even if doesn't do shit.
Feb 9, 2014 11:36 AM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:

I get where you're coming from. I guess I am the minority who love those build ups. For all I know he is definitely planning something, something huge.

yhunata said:

It's the eyepatch. Obviously, the eyepatch makes him awesome even if doesn't do shit.

Lol. I totally forgot about the eyepatch.
Feb 9, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I get where you're coming from. I guess I am the minority who love those build ups. For all I know he is definitely planning something, something huge.
It's like to see more hints of that then. All we know is he's planning on taking over earth and probably the universe too.
Feb 9, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
It's like to see more hints of that then. All we know is he's planning on taking over earth and probably the universe too.

Yes, and I love how huge of an ambition that is, and he is planning to do it. I just love villains that want to accomplish BIG things, like how BB went from
in almost an instant, that shit is crazy.
Feb 9, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
Has to be Yoshikage Kira, hands down the best Jojo villain from what I've read so far. The dude might just be my fave character from the whole Jojo series too. I love his simplistic ambitions and his natural involvement with the main characters.

Meruem from Hunter x Hunter would be the runner-up, he's the best character from the Chimera Ant arc.
Feb 9, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Legato Bluesummers easily wins this one for me.

Feb 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
Aizen (Bleach)
Annie (SnK)
Meruem (HxH)
Feb 9, 2014 2:21 PM

Feb 2014
Frieza(DBZ) Galactic Emperor/Space Hitler/Slave Driver.. The last villain that was actually worth a damn in the DBZ series.. Manipulative/Sadistic/Racist with a dark sense of humor.. Had amazing build up
Titanz25Feb 9, 2014 2:43 PM
Feb 9, 2014 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
I liked Wrath from FMA: Brotherhood. He was able to lead an entire country and seem like an ideal leader, but at the same time a badass villian. His swordplay and acrobatic movements were also fun to watch. Really cool villian.
Feb 9, 2014 5:22 PM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
IntroverTurtle said:

yhunata said:

Lol. I totally forgot about the eyepatch.

I also love build ups. Doflamingo was one of my favourite villains in One Piece before he really did anything pre-time skip, but realistically, I wouldn't put him in my top villains list until he has accumulated enough material to match up to the villains that have already shown their stuff.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 9, 2014 5:28 PM

Feb 2010
Kimblee FMAB: despite being an evil fuck he completely accepts it and even respects peoples own goals as long as they stick to it.

mugino (terminator-chan): does not give up keeps chasing one guy across half the planet trying to kill him XD
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 9, 2014 6:05 PM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
wanderingplayboy said:

Probably because I haven't seen him in action? He's too mysterious. So far, he'd just appeared to go sightseeing or doing minimum work possible. Yes, it implies that he pulled the string when his minions did all the job but... I just don't know what's so special about him, why people want to follow him and all.
Feb 10, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2012
Probably posted in this thread before.

Misogi from Medaka box
Pain from Naruto

I think they are my top 2, unless I'm terribly forgetting someone.
Feb 15, 2014 12:13 AM
Dec 2013
Byakuya from Hitman Reborn
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character you wish had been happy?

kihel - 36 minutes ago

8 by Maou_heika »»
46 seconds ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9245 by anime-prime »»
49 seconds ago

» The Weeb Chart

Shizuna - Yesterday

45 by Toooooooooohru »»
53 seconds ago

» What exactly is the difference between genre, theme and demographic?

AMBITZZ - Jul 14

23 by Rishon007 »»
5 minutes ago

» What are the best seasons for anime in your opinion?

SupremeGod - Jul 14

39 by AddaeAkono »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.