Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2013 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Great show and one of the best this fall
9/10
Dec 29, 2013 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
Mixed feeling for me. Glad Haruki finally made a choice but can't help how sad Setsuna is.
Dec 29, 2013 12:45 PM

Mar 2013
AirStyles said:
What a bitter ending for the 3.

The morale of the story is?
BE TRUE TO YOUR FEELING AND FUCKING CONFESS IF YOU DONT WANT TO END UP IN A MESS LIKE THIS!!

Not like many of us will ever have 2 idol-tier girl falling for us anyways

hmmm....

7... Or 8...

I'll decide later.

you can say that again. I almost end up punching my laptop screen seeing Haruki face.
Dec 29, 2013 12:46 PM

Nov 2012
Liked the buildup from previous episodes, but the execution in this final episode, not so much. It was hilarious how Kitahara just ran past Setsuna screaming Touma's name before kissing her in front of Setsuna. I can't believe Setsuna didn't just leave after that. Hopefully there's a second season in the works to resolve this cliffhanger ending.
Dec 29, 2013 2:10 PM

Jun 2013
This... this can't be everything right?
Something's missing, like a few years into future when they meet again right?

As for the show, it's great! Both Setsuna and Kazusa are lovable, even Haruki is a good MC for once (some might not like him, but honestly what do you expect from a high school kid).

8/10! Hopefully it gets a second season 'cause I need closure!
Dec 29, 2013 2:20 PM

Jan 2011
5/10 after this episode. And thats only cose of the songs. Cliche story cliche characters and nonexistent supports.
Whats so great about Touma? Stupid tsundere, ill never understand how japanese can dig those kind of girls. Personally, I cant stand them.
Haruki? One of the worst main characters in the genre. But then again, that seems to be the stereotype, so...
And Setsuna. The only one who knew what she wanted, was honest about it and fought for it. But she ended wanting too much (the impossible infact) so I dont understand how anyone in their right mind would consider possible for her to keep Haruki AND Kazusa both. So she is found wanting and got punished.

Golden Time and Nagi no Asukara stole the season. So much better than this crap.
AlexGKDec 29, 2013 2:29 PM
Dec 29, 2013 2:48 PM
Dec 2013
1/10

Forced drama and bad characterization

Infinite stratos has more realistic characters then this piece of crap. Hell even Golden time is time.
Dec 29, 2013 4:09 PM
Feb 2009
Bakagami_Taiga said:
l didn't really care who he ended up with but at least properly break up with setsuna before doing all that. It's not fair to setsuna and is a jerk move
some friends touma and haruki are

He ran off on her to find Touma, I'm pretty sure she knew. This isn't a children's story where things go the way you want them to in the order you want them to
Dec 29, 2013 4:12 PM
Feb 2009
NeedmyWaifu said:
The opening caught me completely off guard. It makes me wish the VN translation was finished as I can't wait to see how the story ends.

As it's been pointed out, each of them has their faults regarding this whole issue. Haruki should have at least properly broke up with Setsuna, but speaking as someone who's been in love, once you're finally with that special someone then who cares about anything else.

Setsuna knew how it was going to end up but she still bought the dream she was selling to herself. Even after all that's happened I get the feeling she's still going to try to get in between them now that she has Haruki to herself, which you can't blame a person in love for trying.

There was no time for that

As far as he was concerned, she was gone forever after that meeting on the street. Setsuna's the one that told him she showed up to the graduation ceremony and then after that all bets were off when he left to go find her, and then that same night is when she came to him

During no point in that day was there time for him to sit down and break up with Setsuna first
Dec 29, 2013 4:17 PM
Feb 2009
I can't help but feel that the people that are raging about anything that happened don't really 'get it'.

And the ending not being a fairy tale ending is a bummer yes but please understand that not everything has to have a happy ending and that it's just your own clouded perception that thinks something is bad because it's not the way you wanted it to turn out
Dec 29, 2013 4:28 PM
Oct 2013
I watched this last night and it made me feel pretty upset. Haruki is the biggest piece of shit human being ever created in anime. He cannot control his feelings for 10 seconds ever in these last few episodes and is like a dog on heat, Setsuna at least has some sense in this field. How could a human being crush another person so badly (cheating) and then proceed to have a full on pash in front of their face? I was on the SS Touma all along but these last few episodes have made me hate the MC so much that I abandoned all ships. Touma pissed me off too because it seemed to me she just wanted to drop a few bombs and fuck everything up before she left, as she wasn't willing to make changes to her plan for this 'true love' with Haruki.
Dec 29, 2013 4:34 PM
Feb 2009
cheezburgah said:
I watched this last night and it made me feel pretty upset. Haruki is the biggest piece of shit human being ever created in anime. He cannot control his feelings for 10 seconds ever in these last few episodes and is like a dog on heat, Setsuna at least has some sense in this field. How could a human being crush another person so badly (cheating) and then proceed to have a full on pash in front of their face? I was on the SS Touma all along but these last few episodes have made me hate the MC so much that I abandoned all ships. Touma pissed me off too because it seemed to me she just wanted to drop a few bombs and fuck everything up before she left, as she wasn't willing to make changes to her plan for this 'true love' with Haruki.

It's not really that bad, Setsuna knew the whole time

I just saw it as releasing a lot of pent up emotion twice

The first one was following two episodes of recapping their relationship, the second one was following them actually confessing to each other

And yeah he wanted to leave the airport, her finding him was an accident too
Dec 29, 2013 4:45 PM

Oct 2011
I have the feeling that people just wanted this to be the happily ever after(which i believe it will be, because this ain't the end yet)or a frigging harem...¬¬"
Another thing, you guys are exacly like the characters in this anime, you can't decide what is better, few weeks ago people were going crazy with how Touma was been crushed with SetsunaxHaruki and now that she finally catch up, she is a bitch for having sex with him, really?

All 3 characters have flaws but a lot of people don't want to realize this and just says the characters are horribly done, yeah like the forced characters from harem shows like IS(Infinite Stratos) are better than the realistic ones from this.

Setsuna - SHE'S BEEN LITERALY SAYING THIS THE WHOLE FRIGGING SHOW, she knew that Haruki and Touma had feelings for each other for a long time, yet she jumped between them and took Haruki "away" from Touma, she even did that after watching Touma kissing Haruki while he was sleeping, she loved him so much that she couldn't control it anymore and ended up not caring for Touma at that time(though after that she realizes that what she did was wrong).
Setsuna cares for her friends aswell, she felt guilty the entire time, but unlike Touma she took the other way, which was take the best for herself, she's a bitch for getting what she wanted? of course not, but the way she did was what screwed everything, at the end she just couldn't control(it happens a lot in real life, if you think about it).

Touma - She had to endure the pain of having to watch her crush dating her best friend she did that so her friendship with them wouldn't be destroyed, she sacrificed herself for the best of them, she could have started dating Haruki before knowing Setsuna but she's a tsundere so what to do....right?
People blaming her from having sex with him straight away, honestly that was the only way I saw to balance with what Setsuna did, now they're even, I mean after all that suffer she had, just like Setsuna, she couldn't control it and did something selfish, which was to have sex with someone who's already dating(the reason why she was crushed while leaving his apartment) she felt guilty at the end, and just wanted to put an end to everything and leave the best for Setsuna, but they met again at the airport, and again couldn't control herself.
Touma always sacrificed herself for them, she was always trying to evade contact with Haruki so he and Setsuna would have their time, even if she ended up hurt, she just wanted the best for them(gonna be honest here, I myself do that a lot, sacrificing myself for other people, at the end of most of the time I just have some rage attacks and crushed feelings but that's how I do things and IT CAN'T BE HELPED)

Haruki - his flaw would be that he can't decide which one he wants, though you can clearly see that right now his feelings towards Touma are stronger.
And that is pretty mean towards the girls, they don't know which one he wants, so they just have to jump over him to know what happens, AND to do that while they know thhe feelings of one another, it's even worst.
Haruki is at fault, yes, but it can't be helped he just can't decide, maybe because he don't want to hurt their feelings, but he's definitely better than main male characters that can't even have a proper conversation with a girl without blushing every minute.

So the only way I see people raging about the chacters is that:
1 - You wanted the three of them to be in a happily ever after;
2 - You just can't accept that they have flaws, you wanted them to be perfect;
3 - You're immature and just didn't figured out yet that you can enjoy more than one character(I myself like kuuderes, therefore I got some feelings for Touma, YET I still understand Setsuna and think she's great aswell).

AND DON'T FORGET, THIS AIN'T OVER YET, THIS IS JUST THE INTRODUCTORY CHAPTER, WE STILL HAVE THE CLOSING CHAPTER AND CODA, so stop bitching that this didn't "ended" the way you wanted BECAUSE THIS ISN'T THE END.

10/10 MASTERPIECE.
That's how I saw this PART of the show, AMAZING, TRULLY AMAZING, it puts you with high expectations but at the same time it takes you down and this is just the introductory chapter, I can't wait to see what happens in the closing chapter(I haven't read the novel). Not to mention the characters are realistic, not your typical harem show where the male one is a bitch and the girls are all shy around him.

I'm really sorry for the HUGE text wall and for my bad english, and if you managed to read till here, thank you very much.

Remember this is only my opinion, you can like/dislike how much you want, just please be reasonable.
-ZET-Dec 29, 2013 4:52 PM
Dec 29, 2013 4:56 PM
Oct 2013
VGJunky said:
cheezburgah said:

It's not really that bad, Setsuna knew the whole time

I just saw it as releasing a lot of pent up emotion twice

The first one was following two episodes of recapping their relationship, the second one was following them actually confessing to each other

And yeah he wanted to leave the airport, her finding him was an accident too

I just don't see how its not that bad because Setsuna knew Haruki and Touma had a thing for each other. That doesn't make it OK to ditch her birthday party for Touma and later cheat on her (that is some heartless stuff). They were all playing the triangle and Setsuna was being proactive and trying to steal Haruki which is a cheap but valid tactic in my book. Haruki never took charge and always played it safe because of that this train wreck was destined to occur and that's why I hate his character (but necessary for a good drama).

The show was excellent and I give it a 8-9/10.
Dec 29, 2013 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
Joanna25 said:
hyperknees91 said:
Actually Satelight kinda confirmed there would be...subtly. They put sketches for season 2 up on their twitter.

really ?? i didnt know HAPPY ! :D so the Coda will be animated right ?? :D

This just made my day
Dec 29, 2013 5:21 PM

Aug 2012
Mother of God. How many people here can't fucking read between the lines? This is why anime can't be made to be detailed only through implications and without explaining every single detail like the viewer's a five year old.

Edit: And look at how many people have actually written blocks of text to perfectly describe the situation to people. It's sad to see people write that much for others to understand because we're supposed actually get most of these details ourselves.
Dec 29, 2013 5:23 PM

Apr 2012
Didn't get my ship so i wasn't particularly moved by Touma and Haruki hooking up. And damn that kiss right in front of Setsuna at the airport was just a dagger to the heart LOL. Regardless it was a pretty solid watch for a rather short series.

8/10

On a personal note I just hate Haruki for cheating. Misses his "girlfriend's" birthday (YEA THAT'S A HUGE NONO). Lies about why he couldn't make it. Then he goes on to kiss Touma and hides that too. Then goes have sex with Touma.The fuq. Why do male leads in romances always have to be scumbags or clueless. Also I don't see how Setsuna can be so forgiving. She is like the wife that stays after getting beat by her husband.
zzzeallyDec 29, 2013 5:28 PM

Dec 29, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
So when I first saw a preview for White Album 2,two things popped in my head:

1 - Oh boy,here we go again...Even if it's not a sequel to the first White Album it'll probably be something similar.I'll probably watch it with the "it's a trainwreck" mentality.

2 - That one still HAD potential to be a good romance although it failed utterly but maybe,just maybe this one will do it right.

After the first episode I was already getting hyped as it was better than anything the other White Album offered but was trying to not get my hopes up,as the first few episodes of that one showed promise -albeit not as much- too.Week after week,WA2 continued to exceed my expectations and putting the though in my head: "Could this be the romance anime I've been unintentionally waiting for a few years now? One of ef: A tale of Memories & Melodies and True Tears's caliber?" Lo and behold,it was.What it lacked in animation compared to those,it made up with it's three main characters which were,IMHO,better fleshed out & developed.

I won't beat around the bush,this is definitely my favorite anime of 2013 as well as one of my favorite romance animes of all time,right up there with the three I mentioned above.

I'm now personally content in the romance department enough to last for a while.Not to say I wouldn't watch/enjoy another romance of WA2's caliber but I won't be craving for one that much for now.It goes without saying that I'm really,really hoping they animate the rest of the story though.
ManlyTearDec 29, 2013 9:08 PM
Dec 29, 2013 6:46 PM

Mar 2011
Oh, poor Setsuna...
They can still make ménage à trois, someday.
Dec 29, 2013 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
Beaver897 said:
Mother of God. How many people here can't fucking read between the lines? This is why anime can't be made to be detailed only through implications and without explaining every single detail like the viewer's a five year old.

Edit: And look at how many people have actually written blocks of text to perfectly describe the situation to people. It's sad to see people write that much for others to understand because we're supposed actually get most of these details ourselves.

I know right? I actually felt bad for having to write a text wall just so some people understand, but i highly doubt someone will read that.
Dec 29, 2013 7:19 PM

May 2013
kaimax said:
na35899 said:

setsuna = sweet-talk, selfish, opportunity stealer, bitc#h
haruki = impatient, indecisive, fuckking pathetic class rep
Kazusa= Coward, indecisive, Social retard, has mommy issues

There fixed it with some nice good balance.

don't be a dick because you aren't a shipper ;)
Dec 29, 2013 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
na35899 said:
kaimax said:
na35899 said:

setsuna = sweet-talk, selfish, opportunity stealer, bitc#h
haruki = impatient, indecisive, fuckking pathetic class rep
Kazusa= Coward, indecisive, Social retard, has mommy issues

There fixed it with some nice good balance.

don't be a dick because you aren't a shipper ;)

Don't be a dick because you haven't played the VN so you don't know "everything".

Heck, Kazusa being a social retard was already on the beginning of the show in the first place yet you're just being full of bias.

Dec 29, 2013 7:27 PM

May 2013
Venats said:
Tennouji_ said:
LOL then you should thank Setsuna that Haruki and Kazusa end up together. Without Setsuna, those assholes won't do shit.

Spoilers for Twinkle Snow ahead!

THANK YOU

This is solid proof that this setsuna is fuccking meddlesome bitch

@Tennouji
She is not socially retard and she is not a coward she is going through adolescents, she found love and unlike scheming setsuna she doesn't know how to bitch around a guy

But more important thing is without this setsuna their love would have work out even if touma is 'socially retarded'
na358999Dec 29, 2013 7:40 PM
Dec 29, 2013 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
AlexGK said:
Whats so great about Touma? Stupid tsundere, ill never understand how japanese can dig those kind of girls. Personally, I cant stand them.

^
Dec 29, 2013 7:35 PM
Oct 2011
I like Haruki and Touma more than Setsuna but they didn't have to rub it in her face on the airport. It was a great anime, but I wish I hadn't watched this. I don't like a lot of drama. I could have stopped watching it but I just cannot drop an anime unless it's too boring. I have read spoilers about K-TE and K-NE and now I feel really really bad for Setsuna. I want omnibus format for the endings.

-ZET- said:
Beaver897 said:

I know right? I actually felt bad for having to write a text wall just so some people understand, but i highly doubt someone will read that.

I've read your post and I agree with you. This isn't a literature full of symbols. This is a very straight-forward story. People shouldn't struggle following it. I think the problem isn't that people don't understand the story; they just don't like certain characters.
Dec 29, 2013 7:48 PM

Jun 2008
Radius said:
. I think the problem isn't that people don't understand the story; they just don't like certain characters.
And they insist on playing the shipping game. Like that guy who just "White Knighted" Kazusa while ignoring her flaws.

White Album 2 is a story about flawed people, acknowledging one is "better" when they're clearly aren't would just make you a biased prick.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 29, 2013 7:57 PM

Oct 2010
mayukachan said:
AlexGK said:

^

^

Series was redeemed slightly in the last few episodes. But Touma's attitude was seriously getting on my nerves. If you treat someone like shit for 12 episodes, the general consensus is that the person doesn't immediately think that you have some hidden love for him. Speak what you mean. Nobody's a fucking mind reader.

Setsuna's more meh.
-> Knows that she's coming between two people.
-> Vehemently forces the three of them together.
-> Forces Touma to see him and Haruki happily together.
-> Still insists on being Touma's best friend.
-> Gets all psycho wack bitch when Haruki's with Touma.

Logic, Miss. Do you speak it?
HowTragicDec 29, 2013 8:01 PM
Dec 29, 2013 8:00 PM

Aug 2008

@Tennouji
She is not socially retard and she is not a coward she is going through adolescents, she found love and unlike scheming setsuna she doesn't know how to bitch around a guy

But more important thing is without this setsuna their love would have work out even if touma is 'socially retarded'

Uh no, Kazusa is a social retard. It continues into her adulthood. In fact she is THE social retard (it only gets worse, and quite honestly I think the writer took it way too far).

Oh well though. It's a shame you can't just accept they are 3 flawed individuals but I guess we should just leave it at that.
Dec 29, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2012
Kazusa = annoying tsundere
Setsuna= annoying submissive housewife that forgives too easily, apologizes for everything
Haruki= apologizes for everything but thinks with his penis, heartless cheater

Dec 29, 2013 8:08 PM

May 2013
hyperknees91 said:

@Tennouji

Uh no, Kazusa is a social retard. It continues into her adulthood. In fact she is THE social retard (it only gets worse, and quite honestly I think the writer took it way too far).

Oh well though. It's a shame you can't just accept they are 3 flawed individuals but I guess we should just leave it at that.

You must admit that kazusa doesnt have a father and her mom care for her very little she doesnt have a normal loving family and that contribute alot to her 'socially retardness'

And this come from me who doesnt have a father and I must admit that it is very hard for me to socialize ;)

But what I'm trying to say is despite all the flaw of touma and haruki everything would have work out fine with both of them if there is no third person who knows that they are secretly in love and still pry her way in the middle
I view this act as disrespectful and a modest girl should have not committed it.... Sry for my bad English
na358999Dec 29, 2013 8:15 PM
Dec 29, 2013 8:25 PM
Jan 2013
Does anyone know what the song that was played at the beginning was? (Played by the Violin/string instrument during the opening scene). It sounds so familiar but I can't recall which song it goes to.
Dec 29, 2013 8:57 PM
Oct 2013
I don't get it why people kept Blaming the Guy? This is a good ending for a romance anime. I don't see this anime as a love triangle. Please anyone could you explain why this anime count as a love triangle? Because i only see the bond of Touma and the guy in the anime.
Dec 29, 2013 9:10 PM

Apr 2012
Natsurito said:
I don't get it why people kept Blaming the Guy? This is a good ending for a romance anime. I don't see this anime as a love triangle. Please anyone could you explain why this anime count as a love triangle? Because i only see the bond of Touma and the guy in the anime.

Because they were making out furiously, and they were boyfriend/girlfriend......
True the flash blacks indicate Touma had more of a history with Haruki. Still doesn't excuse him for being a scumbag boyfriend and hiding the fact that he was unfaithful til the end. He pretty much crossed the line when he lied about not being able to make it to her birthday party. Then it snowballed from there. It's also pretty annoying that Touma expected Haruki to know that she loved him when she was so fucking tsundere. Shit Setsuna is annoying too for being apologetic all the time. I can say the same about Haruki too
zzzeallyDec 29, 2013 9:15 PM

Dec 29, 2013 9:15 PM

Jul 2012
Natsurito said:
I don't get it why people kept Blaming the Guy?

He was still dating Setsuna when he kissed/had sex with Touma. Plus, he ditched her birthday to find Touma. He knew that Setsuna didn't have many friends and that they were the only two friends she's ever had, but he still ended up being selfish.
Dec 29, 2013 9:17 PM
Dec 2013
SBelmont said:
Does anyone know what the song that was played at the beginning was? (Played by the Violin/string instrument during the opening scene). It sounds so familiar but I can't recall which song it goes to.

心はいつもあなたのそばに
Dec 29, 2013 10:01 PM
Oct 2013
Zeally said:

Because they were making out furiously, and they were boyfriend/girlfriend......
True the flash blacks indicate Touma had more of a history with Haruki. Still doesn't excuse him for being a scumbag boyfriend and hiding the fact that he was unfaithful til the end. He pretty much crossed the line when he lied about not being able to make it to her birthday party. Then it snowballed from there. It's also pretty annoying that Touma expected Haruki to know that she loved him when she was so fucking tsundere. Shit Setsuna is annoying too for being apologetic all the time. I can say the same about Haruki too

Oh.. i see. the reason i don't see this anime as Love Triangle is because since the beginning i could see Haruki had his eyes on Touma... For me Setsuna explanation about she took the advantage of confessing during Haruki emotional unstable. Well Setsuna know that Touma and Haruki has this romantic bond but she seem to keen on confessing. Well yeah some of it Haruki fault because he accept the confession and etc.
NatsuritoDec 29, 2013 10:08 PM
Dec 29, 2013 10:06 PM
Oct 2013
mayukachan said:

He was still dating Setsuna when he kissed/had sex with Touma. Plus, he ditched her birthday to find Touma. He knew that Setsuna didn't have many friends and that they were the only two friends she's ever had, but he still ended up being selfish.

Well, for me, episode 13, it explain everything why Haruki lie. Haruki loved Touma. And he doesn't want to hurt setsuna. Episode 13 shows Haruki being honest and tell everything and that show he admitting to his mistake. If he doesn't admit it then he a scumbag. Like the main guy character in the SCHOOL DAYS Anime.
Dec 30, 2013 12:20 AM

Jun 2013
Jeez, so many people are pissed. I thought the show did a great job at showing that each character had their own faults, which to me makes them all the more human. We all do stupid things and have the capacity to hurt the ones we love, and the things our main cast did are not farfetched in the least. People cheat, hide feelings, act irrationally, and come between others for the sake of love (or jealousy) all the time. Why should these characters be any different?

While I admit those faults were pretty major, I found the characters for the most part likable and I ended up feeling for each one of them. This is mainly because I believe each character was shown to genuinely care for one another despite all the mistakes they made... though others will argue that their actions suggest otherwise. It's obvious that none of the three hates one another, and it's obvious none of them are mean people. Especially Setsuna. The bit about her love for Haruki not being any less than Kazusa's, while predictable, really got to me. I actually shed more tears for her than the other two.

As for the ending, while not happy, there was enough indication let viewers reasonably speculate that they might all be friends again down the road (and that Haruki gets his besuto garu). This is speculation and opinion, of course.

Overall, the show had its missteps (what show doesn't?), but it was a great ride. I actually watched the whole series over 2 nights; it had me engaged enough to keep me watching late into the night until it was absolutely necessary for me to go to bed. Good romance, a majorly flawed but incredibly human main cast, decent music, and a fun anime for shipping and being contrary with those who disagree with you.

If it helps, I give White Album 2 an 8 out of 10 on MAL's scale.
-Trippwire-Dec 30, 2013 12:24 AM
Dec 30, 2013 12:41 AM

Jul 2013
Well that's how it's supposed to be. Haruki is much better with Touma anyway.. Setsuna, although selfish herself, can't be blamed for chasing her love.

mayukachan said:

I thought he already explained everything to Setsuna on the train? he already made it clear that Touma is the one he truly loves.. It's still kind of a dick move to kiss in front of Setsuna but in that kind of situation, where they might not see each other again, it's understandable that emotion took over and they wanna kiss. Their love is kinda tragic after all..

Obviously the whole thing can be resolved if Setsuna just let Haruki goes and tell him to just date Touma already but of course it might not be so easy for her. Overall quite a nice anime although the ending is sort of a cliffhanger.. whatever happens in the 2nd season, I think the anime is heading towards Haruki x Touma ending in the end.

9/10

PS: People are being too hard on Touma, you could say she came from a broken home. No father, mother always working far away, a genius on her own level.. it's no wonder she's socially inept if everyone's avoiding her. As Sakurasou no Pet Kanojo made very clear, it's intimidating to be with someone whose genius far surpasses yours.
MoeGodDec 30, 2013 12:50 AM
Dec 30, 2013 1:03 AM

Oct 2013
In a way,I don't blame some people here.They've gotten too used to the abundance of average "romance" animes we've been getting over the past few years where a "good" character has to be a one-dimensional stereotype.WA2's characters are complex and trying to understand them is waaaaaayyy better than getting on your high horse,pointing fingers left & right and saying how Haruki should've done this,Setsuna should've done that,etc.You guys have to remember that it's their 1st time experiencing this and they don't have any role models to give them advice on how to handle relationships.They're completely on their own which is,IMO,another very enjoyable aspect of this show.There's zero spoon-feeding here and neither Haruki,Kazusa nor Setsuna have the neccessary experience to deal with these things.They have to learn through trial & error.

Thing is,it's not really hard to understand them either once you try.To me,insisting on putting the blame on either of them & bash them constantly takes away from the overall enjoyment of this great show.Don't try to look at WA2 through the same lanes as you'd look at your usual highschool romance,even some of the decent ones out there,where selfless characters are abundant.Try to see things from their perspective,not yours.The writer even gave us a helping hand with that in showing certain important events in flashbacks in the latter episodes instead of showing them in the exact same episode that they took place.
ManlyTearDec 30, 2013 1:11 AM
Dec 30, 2013 1:13 AM

Dec 2013
MgMaster said:
In a way,I don't blame some people here.They've gotten too used to the abundance of average "romance" animes we've been getting over the past few years where a "good" character has to be a one-dimensional stereotype.WA2's characters are complex and trying to understand them is waaaaaayyy better than getting on your high horse,pointing fingers left & right and saying how Haruki should've done this,Setsuna should've done that,etc.You guys have to remember that it's their 1st time experiencing this and they don't have any role models to give them advice on how to handle relationships.They're completely on their own which is,IMO,another very enjoyable aspect of this show.There's zero spoon-feeding here and neither Haruki,Kazusa nor Setsuna have the neccessary experience to deal with these things.They have to learn through trial & error.

Thing is,it's not really hard to understand them either once you try.To me,insisting on putting the blame on either of them & bash them constantly takes away from the overall enjoyment of this great show.Don't try to look at WA2 with through the same lanes as you'd look at your usual highschool romance,even some of the decent one sout there,where selfless characters are abundant.Try to see things from their perspective,not yours.The writer even gave us a helping hand with that in showing certain important events in flashbacks in the latter episodes instead of showing them in the exact same episode that they took place.

okay let's see it from their perspective
Haruki: I think with my penis.
Touma: wtf life is unfair, how did you not know I loved you. OH WAIT I was tsundere for my entire life.
Setsuna: Shit you cheated on me Haruki. Not your fault though. I apologize. I'm a conniving whore. LET'S BE FRIENDS FOREVER lol wut

How do people even find this realistic
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Dec 30, 2013 1:24 AM

Jun 2008
jiraiya_sensei said:
PS: People are being too hard on Touma.

PS:You guys are too soft on her.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 30, 2013 1:52 AM

Jul 2013
FishTaco said:

Put yourself in his situation, you're dating a girl you don't really like and the girl you do like is throwing herself at you. See if you can bring yourself to pass the chance of sleeping with her.

kaimax said:

It's always easy to point other people's weakness isn't it... until you experience it yourself. Chances are you'd do the same thing if you were her. But what do I know, I suppose some people think they'll be just fine and remain an extrovert even when people are avoiding them and their family isn't around to support them =p

Damn Touma, you weak bitch.. she deserves to be burned and crucified for showing her weakness right? right?? It's soooo totally her fault that her mother is a workaholic who doesn't care about her, it's definitely her fault that people are too intimidated by her genius.. how can she be socially inept? that's so impossible!!
MoeGodDec 30, 2013 2:05 AM
Dec 30, 2013 2:04 AM

Nov 2013
kaimax said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
PS: People are being too hard on Touma.

Yeah people are too hard on Setsuna and Kazusa... Might as well award Haruki with BEST GIRL...
Dec 30, 2013 2:04 AM

Dec 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
FishTaco said:

Most guys think with their penis (don't act all high and mighty and say "except me"), when put into the situation for real (as unlikely for you as it is) the penis almost always wins... unless you're a monk (probably).

Put yourself in his situation, you're dating a girl you don't really like and the girl you do like is throwing herself at you. See if you can bring yourself to pass the chance of sleeping with her.

No i would probably break up with her before banging her best friend. Touma wasn't throwing herself at Haruki. Haruki pursued her and threw himself into the situation. On top of that he flaked out and lied to her on her birthday of all days. He didn't even bother making a mere appearance.
Actually I've never nor would I ever want to date my ex's best friend. That is just too awkward for me.
FishTacoDec 30, 2013 2:11 AM
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Dec 30, 2013 2:36 AM
Dec 2013
what is the song played when haruki kiss touma???
Dec 30, 2013 2:44 AM
Dec 2013
Genh said:
what is the song played when haruki kiss touma???

After All~綴る想い~
Dec 30, 2013 2:48 AM

Jan 2009
thoughts:

4:36 ewwww, sperm stains??!?

8:30 can't blame setsuna for wanting to pursue her own happiness, despite knowing how haruki & kazusa felt about each other. I guess she already saw it coming & tried to enjoy her time with haruki before they broke up, which explains why setsuna isn't going "yandere" on haruki on the train.

15:41 setsuna...yandere!?!?!?

16:01 lol...did haruki x touma really have to kiss like that in front of setsuna? Super dramatic :o

18:36 looks like setsuna will make her move :ooo

20:17 setsuna sings "todokanai koi" much better than the original version

----------------------

All in all, I'm more than satisfied with how this series ended. It didn't finish off in a cliché style where the "hero" is always suppose to win and get the girl. Haruki ended up with nobody.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Dec 30, 2013 4:06 AM

Aug 2010
-ZET- said:

I like your opinion.. your explanation is more reasonable.. #thumbs.up for you zet.. ^_^
Dec 30, 2013 4:43 AM
Mar 2012
kaimax said:

White Album 2 is a story about flawed people, acknowledging one is "better" when they're clearly aren't would just make you a biased prick.

It's great that you think all characters are flawed. But what you repeatedly fail to understand is that not everyone is the same as you. People weigh flaws differently. Some people find Touma's fault much more forgiveable that Setsunas. But of course, you will arrogantly call them shippers or biased pricks or whatever elitist term you can think of.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.