Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2013 9:04 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Procreation.

Then Haruki made it very clear to Setsuna what his feelings about Touma were, through words and... actions. Touma felt the same, but still left. Haruki stays with Setsuna because of the promise the three of them made, but their relationship is very one sided.

Ouch, that's one hell of an ending, and I think some people are going to be quite upset. Literally all three of them got a bad end.
Dec 28, 2013 9:24 AM

Aug 2008
And this was the last time the series was good. Anyway yeah Setsuna is clearly insane obviously, Kazusa is a friggin idiot of course. But hey both are entertaining and isn't that what matters the most? Anyone find it funny that Kazusa managed to cause such a giant mess before leaving and left without having to deal with any of it. Not blaming her of course its just kind of funny.

I feel bad for the Kazusa fans though because she won't be in the story again for quite awhile.

Anyway I submitted my review. Nice characters, decent setup, poor drama. 7/10
hyperknees91Feb 11, 2014 12:13 PM
Dec 28, 2013 9:58 AM
Oct 2011
hyperknees91 said:
And this was the last time the series was good. Anyway yeah Setsuna is clearly insane obviously, Kazusa is a friggin idiot of course. But hey both are entertaining and isn't that what matters the most? Anyone find it funny that Kazusa managed to cause such a giant mess before leaving and left without having to deal with any of it. Not blaming her of course its just kind of funny.

I hope you guys don't like Kazusa...I really don't.

Anyway I submitted my review. Nice characters, decent setup, poor drama. 7/10

I think you will be quite alone in this, in the matter of Kazusa =).
Dec 28, 2013 10:15 AM

Aug 2008
Well I'm saying that because....
Dec 28, 2013 10:16 AM
May 2013
Why everyone hates Setsuna ? :/ I mean yes she knew that Haruki and Kazusa oved eachother and she butt in between them but if she hadnt done so Haruki and Kazusa wouldnt be like how they are now .. Setsuna is at fault! yes but also Kazusa.. i dont get it why everyone only say that Setsunas bad for knowing everything and acting like that in this episode she it was clear that she obviously lied to Haruki that she did love Haruki bút not as much Kazusa loves him ... she apologized to him she tried to get all the faults on her ... and said that Haruki shoudnt feel sorry for lying to her for loving Kazusa .... but in this ep. Kazusa slapped Harukis phone away in order to sleep with him ??? so is that right ? Haruki wnated to attend that phone call from Setsuna he felt sorry.. but she didnt let him she kissed him.. so is that okay ?? and in the last scene at the airport after Haruki ran towards her she cries and says sry to Setsuna and then both of them kiss eachother while Setsuna watches ?? so thast okay cuz she feels sry.. but when Setsuna did sth wrong and knows it was bad and feels sry she is stil a bad person ?? ughh i dont get it ... at the end Setsuna cried remembered her times with Kazuki and said that it obviously wasnt like that that she liked Haruki but not as much Kazusa loved him ...:( dont get me wrong i dont hat Kazusa i love both of them but i just found it frustrating how everyone says Setsuna is the bad one ..ahh it ended and everyone gets a bad end .. wont there be a season 2 ? :/
Dec 28, 2013 10:19 AM

Aug 2008
Joanna the answer is simple, because they are shippers.
Dec 28, 2013 10:22 AM
May 2013
hyperknees91 said:
Joanna the answer is simple, because they are shippers.

yeahhh you are right :D

but stilll ughhh XD i hope this show gets a Season 2 like the origina but seems like there wont be one ..xD
Dec 28, 2013 10:24 AM

Aug 2008
Actually Satelight kinda confirmed there would be...subtly. They put sketches for season 2 up on their twitter.
Dec 28, 2013 10:25 AM
May 2013
hyperknees91 said:
Actually Satelight kinda confirmed there would be...subtly. They put sketches for season 2 up on their twitter.

really ?? i didnt know HAPPY ! :D so the Coda will be animated right ?? :D
Dec 28, 2013 10:29 AM

Aug 2008
The sketch was from the Coda part of the story so yes more than likely.
Dec 28, 2013 10:30 AM
May 2013
hyperknees91 said:
The sketch was from the Coda part of the story so yes more than likely.

yes ! :D but hmm when will it air lol
Dec 28, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2008
During the season of White Albummmmm
Dec 28, 2013 10:38 AM
May 2013
hyperknees91 said:
During the season of White Albummmmm

ah yeahhh xD but i have to wait that long huuh ahhhh xD
Dec 28, 2013 10:48 AM

Jun 2011
Maruto Fumiaki sucks. You wonderfully whitewashed Setsuna with these original lines and plots. Excellent. I'll go back to VN again and forget this shitty anime ver.

Edit:
In short, no one needs to be whitewashed or blackened. THEN WHY ARE YOU DELETING TOUCHING(and essential) LINES, MR MARUTO FUMIAKI??????
2thurielDec 28, 2013 6:58 PM
Dec 28, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
2thuriel said:
Maruto Fumiaki sucks. You wonderfully whitewashed Setsuna with these original lines and plots. Excellent. I'll go back to VN again and forget this shitty anime ver.

Bumpained Setsunafag detected. I think the original writer of WA2 knows what he's doing.
Dec 28, 2013 10:55 AM
May 2013
2thuriel said:

Maruto Fumiaki might have so called " whiteashed " Setsuna with his original lines and plots i know what u mean i played the VN by myself but still i think both Heroines have the same amount of faults and yahh ...
Dec 28, 2013 10:59 AM
Jul 2010
It was as expected ending for IC.
Will be waiting next winter for CC or CODA happily.
Dec 28, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2008
Amarrez said:
2thuriel said:

Bumpained Setsunafag detected. I think the original writer of WA2 knows what he's doing.

Does he? Could have fooled me when he wrote WA2. Sometimes he knew what he was doing though.
Dec 28, 2013 11:19 AM

Nov 2011
Setsuna's....missed call ;o

And whoa, that fucking escalated very quickly. WOW. I'm a Touma fan and all but that got really odd. Anyways, yeah....

I think I'll rate this a 7.5 now. I might consider playing the VN in the future maybe though. Dat song at the end there, one of my favorites from the Fall Season tbh.
Stark700Dec 28, 2013 11:30 AM
Dec 28, 2013 11:33 AM

Dec 2009
8/10 for now, hopefully the closing chapter gets animated. I want that happy ending for Haruki and Kazusa.
Dec 28, 2013 11:42 AM

Aug 2010
What I was fearing at the start of the love triangle happened. That was a total mess.
Really sad for everyone.

That sex scene made me cringe. I didn't like the timing and how Kazusa threw the phone away.

The part in the airport ;_;...no comment.

Felt bad for Setsuna T_T

Overall liked the series and story wise. It was written really nicely. But my personal feelings say I disliked it.
Barion-ZaraDec 28, 2013 12:07 PM
Dec 28, 2013 11:45 AM

Feb 2008
The ending reminded me a lot of the ending of the original White Album. Very similar vibe from what happened. If the rumors of a OVA is true, it might provide some closure in some direction.
Dec 28, 2013 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
I guess I'm still part of the minority who prefers Setsuna over Kazusa, oh well. I kinda want the Closing Chapter to get animated, but if it does, the characters will probably annoy me even more than this season, especially Kazusa. Still though, it'd be interesting to see which route they go for.
Dec 28, 2013 11:51 AM

Oct 2009
Madara31 said:
I guess I'm still part of the minority who prefers Setsuna over Kazusa, oh well. I kinda want the Closing Chapter to get animated, but if it does, the characters will probably annoy me even more than this season, especially Kazusa. Still though, it'd be interesting to see which route they go for.

Im with you, Kazusa just caused problems since the beggining, acting all tough she didnt like him and at the end she just created a big mess.
Dec 28, 2013 12:00 PM

Nov 2011
For once theres an anime that doesnt have a happily ever after...maybe there could be a sequel to this series...but who knows
Great Series
Hate Keeps me warm
Feb 2013
The drama and heartbreak was really well done. This rounds out the series very well in retrospect. Despite feeling for the trio for most of the ep, I had some amusement from the combination of music with Haruki and Touma's love momentarily triumphing at Setsuna's expense.

May 2013
I felt soo bad for Setsuna, especially when Haruki just rushed over to Touma and when they had to kiss right in front of her. This was a good series to watch.
Dec 28, 2013 12:09 PM
Aug 2012
All in all, it was an entertaining series. I like Setsuna more in the end even though I'd been footing Kazusa for the past episodes. Last episode caused Kazusa to lose a lot of points. She just went about creating a mess and poof! left to Vienna.
Dec 28, 2013 12:14 PM

Jun 2011
Well, I guess that I have no choice but to play CC and Coda now.
Thank you Satelight.
Dec 28, 2013 12:20 PM
Mar 2008
They wanted to be forever together, now everyone is basically alone. Oh, the irony.
Anyway, what's this coda I keep hearing everytime? Some sort of epilogue after CC?
Dec 28, 2013 12:22 PM

Jul 2013
A final episode that didn't fail to deliver. Loved the long-awaited climax. Was emotional no matter what 'faction' you belong to. Also, I'm happy they decided to include the sex part. The phone throwing scene was slightly altered compared to the VN but I believe it was intentional to convey Kazusa's determination. Her actual lines in the VN, when Haruki asked her if she wants him to stop, were " I'm tired of having regrets, I want no more regrets". Kazusa taking Haruki's buttons both as a memento and as an indirect claim to her man was beautiful. Airport scene and best kiss saved for last (after all truth sets one free). Setsuna's position is really sad to watch but she is not to be blamed even if she brought it upon herself. My only comment about her would be that her eagerness to play the role of a 'martyr' only worstens the situation. "Todokanai Koi (school festival version)" for the ED as expected, a song that perfectly fits the circumstances of WA2's love triangle.

I'm really hoping for a second season that adapts Coda (and the leaked keyframe of Kazusa's coda sketch, makes the expectations higher).
Dec 28, 2013 12:23 PM
Feb 2013
Even though the ending was good, where Haruki didn't get together(?) between both of them(maybe its the same with "normal ending"), but its still leave me a bad impression.
I actually rlly want to see the true ending of this anime, but everything that this last episode give is a confuse and unsatisfying (well, at least for me, dont know about the others, tho).
And really appreciate it if they gonna do the 2nd season, but..with a good story as the 1st season and still, I want the story is not run from the previous one.
Well, in the end, its if they "willing" to do it. If not.. oh well, let it be.

Oh well, screw it... for god sake I demand for 2nd season. who cares about what others say, this is my own selfishness tho.
RyushaDec 28, 2013 12:34 PM
Dec 28, 2013 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
@draker

What's this coda I keep hearing everytime? Some sort of epilogue after CC?

The VN has 3 parts:

1)Introductory Chapter [IC] aka what you saw in the anime
2)Closing Chapter [CC] takes place 3 years after the events of IC and available routes are Setsuna and three new heroines
3)Coda takes place 2 years after CC (unless you chose one of the new girls in CC) and gives a closure to the main love triangle.

I suppose it goes without saying that the whole point of a second season would be to adapt Coda.
Dec 28, 2013 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
Great series. I absolutely loved it. So many emotions, in the end Haruki made it clear who he loved. But she still had to leave..feel really bad for setsuna in a way too. No real happy ending for no one..still a an amazing anime. For me 10/10.
Dec 28, 2013 12:35 PM

Feb 2012
I thought this show started off really well, but by the end of it, I couldn't quite stand Haruki & Kazusa anymore and that just ruined the anime for me .-. Especially the first scene left a bad taste in my mouth.
I felt so bad for Setsuna.

The music was nice though.

Dec 28, 2013 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
weiquan1 said:
I thought this show started off really well, but by the end of it, I couldn't quite stand Haruki & Kazusa anymore and that just ruined the anime for me .-. Especially the first scene left a bad taste in my mouth.
I felt so bad for Setsuna.

The music was nice though.

If you didn't like that aspect of this anime, then I highly recommend School Days.

Wow. You're telling me Kitahara had sex with Touma AND made out with her in front of Setsuna, and he didn't get so much as a slap? Talk about unrealistic, god damn.
Dec 28, 2013 12:38 PM
Mar 2008
Hetakoi said:
@draker

What's this coda I keep hearing everytime? Some sort of epilogue after CC?

The VN has 3 parts:

1)Introductory Chapter [IC] aka what you saw in the anime
2)Closing Chapter [CC] takes place 3 years after the events of IC and available routes are Setsuna and three new heroines
3)Coda takes place 2 years after CC (unless you chose one of the new girls in CC) and gives a closure to the main love triangle.

I suppose it goes without saying that the whole point of a second season would be to adapt Coda.

Cheers mate ;)
Dec 28, 2013 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
A New Year present courtesy of Satelight. What ending will the production give the viewers?

Oh and for that note*
Dec 28, 2013 12:47 PM

Jul 2009
what a solid fucking anime. jeez. 10/10
both girls are just great. was on that touma train but setsuna is not bad too. so, in the end setsuna is essentially the rebound girl. welp, not too shabby for a rebound.

as for the people who said touma just upped and leave. i'm pretty sure she'll feel more pain than setsuna -- 'betraying' her best friend and leaving her love. but their relationship unfortunately along the line became flawed, an impossible love that cannot be sustained due to all the drama that ensued. but the drama was necessary or else all three would never be at peace with one another. now all cards are out on the field, and unfortunately touma decided to fold instead of play game. and because of that, she'll live with never being with haruki again (or at least not in the near future). so, there's nothing for the 3 of them to 'resolve' if touma chose to stay (as some people have suggested). this isn't no harem where you cant hold a group meeting and allocate the amount of time each person has with haruki (lol!). they all now know the situation and any further verbal communication is unnecessary.

as for if it's realistic or not, i honestly think it is. this kind of love is mature love, not your disney high school teenage romance. in this setting, i can actually see setsuna forgive haruki and get back together with him. she loves him, she knows the situation and what led up to it, so i dont see why not. she was content with a guilty love prior to all this, so it wouldnt be surprising if she goes for it again (absolutely nothing wrong about that -- they are now adults and will continue to grow and become better versions of themselves).
KurogashiDec 28, 2013 1:09 PM
Dec 28, 2013 12:48 PM

May 2009
I wish there would be a second season to this. This really is a White Album series, that's said enough.
Dec 28, 2013 12:51 PM

Jul 2009
hyperknees91 said:

link?
Dec 28, 2013 12:58 PM

Sep 2009
Best romance of last couple of years for me. Really hope for CC adaptation in the future or at least for full VN translation.

10/10. Haters gonna hate
Dec 28, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2013
i kinda wish i hadn't seen that ending. it left a bad aftertaste.

can't believe touma threw away that phone in the beginning and both her and haruki did their own thing while setsuna stood in the corner crying at the airport. talk about being great friends.

haruki should've told setsuna everything before hooking up with touma.

on top of it all, touma just created a mess and didn't even try to resolve anything. instead, she just fled.

7/10
Dec 28, 2013 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
Man What An intro lol very good show ;) 8/10
Dec 28, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
Holy crap, need blu rays. XD Also really impressed with them having the balls to animate them sleeping together, have to give them credit for that. Great show, didn't give off a 'teenage vibe' despite starring high schoolers. Only sad part of this is she still left, it really was a love that just couldn't be. Touma just ran just like that. Damn.
It's a pretty unique, memorable end, I'm impressed that they didn't have an open end but came to a clear conclusion.

Anyway, 9/10. Just wish it had better music.

Dec 28, 2013 1:24 PM

Nov 2010
This series was really nice, an unusual one that didn't have a happy ever after.
The censorship made me doubt if they were really having sex. lol.
Not to mention the airport kissing scene, oh wow, that was really surprising, Haruki dashing out to Touma like that.
Dec 28, 2013 1:26 PM

Nov 2010
Kurogashi said:
hyperknees91 said:

link?

I'd like to have the link too.
Dec 28, 2013 1:28 PM
Apr 2011
Here's just my quick thoughts on the anime as a whole + the ending.

Everyone wanted a happy ending for the three of them (me included tbh), but after the Setsuna confession it just wasn't possible for all three of them to be happy. The whole flashback episodes were meant to show that something important was taken from Kazusa: the first mutual love that was shared by Kazusa and Haruki. Kazusa made it clear that she was hurting very much seeing Setsuna and Haruki together, even in episode 12 she says that she "loved" Haruki; past tense.

I feel very conflicted with the ending they went with because Haruki's indecisiveness was rewarded in a way with his encounters with Kazusa and I really don't like that. Setsuna and Haruki both deserve better than Haruki tbh, he's a complacent cheater. If he really loved Kazusa he wouldn't have accepted Setsuna's confession.

If you play VN's you kinda know what happens when you pursue multiple girls at once like Haruki did, and imo he got what he deserved but Kazusa did not deserve the torture of feeling "loved" by Haruki for such a short time even though what they had was already LONG past spoiled by Setsuna... unfortunately.

Haruki = shit
Setsuna = spoiled bitch but understanding, i kinda like her
Kazusa = too understanding, too sacrificial, her own fault, but at the same time you can't help but feel pity for her. Love Kazusa, but she's an unfounded idiot.

I always rate an anime by its enjoyment factor as opposed to some objective/subjective rating system, 9/10 I liked it very much even with its flaws in my opinion.
Dec 28, 2013 1:46 PM

Apr 2010
9/10 from me.
I really like this anime and I hope they will adapt part II soon.
Two great girls and one stupid main character.
Dec 28, 2013 1:49 PM

Jan 2012
Yup. 10/10, anime of the year (in my book), and a well-deserved spot in my top five for all-time. Most psychological, emotional, and expressive romance anime I've rode through in quite some time.
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.