Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 30, 2013 8:43 AM

Aug 2011
hpulley said:
Laciie said:
I'm surprised so many people are willing to believe that article at SeventhStyle. They provide zero evidence as to why it's going to be a 5 minute anime, except for some rumours that were floating around the internet. I am not ruling out the possibility, but this hasn't even been confirmed yet; or else ANN or Crunchyroll or some other, proper news site would jumped on it. Not only that, the official sources would have probably announced it first.
That's old news... you need to read all the posts before commenting, not just the first one. It has been officially confirmed as 12x5=60 minutes total by the site:
http://www.pupa-anime.com/news/archives/pupablu-raydvd.html
時間 60分
●全12話収録
Duration: 60 minutes
All 12 episodes.

There you go.

Ah, I did read all the posts but I guess I must have missed a few. Well, that's a shame. Hopefully it can be good despite it being 5 minutes.
Dec 30, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2012
Laciie said:
Ah, I did read all the posts but I guess I must have missed a few. Well, that's a shame. Hopefully it can be good despite it being 5 minutes.
I am a big fan of shorts, they can be really well done. But in this case with 5 volumes of manga done, I hope they can do a good job of it in just that time.
Dec 30, 2013 4:38 PM

Aug 2011
hpulley said:
Laciie said:
I am a big fan of shorts, they can be really well done. But in this case with 5 volumes of manga done, I hope they can do a good job of it in just that time.

I think the recent SSB managed to pull it off very well, I quite liked that show. While Pupa's a completely different genre, I hope that it can pull it off. To be honest, I kind of expected this because of the limited source material?
Jan 3, 2014 5:31 AM

Jul 2010
Fuck me. Why on God's name would they do this. :(

Jan 3, 2014 7:00 AM

Sep 2012
Laciie said:
hpulley said:
Laciie said:

I think the recent SSB managed to pull it off very well, I quite liked that show. While Pupa's a completely different genre, I hope that it can pull it off. To be honest, I kind of expected this because of the limited source material?
Why does everyone think there is only limited source material???? There are 32 chapters, 5 manga volumes! Many one-cour full-length shows only adapt 4 volumes of manga.
Jan 4, 2014 6:27 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
hpulley said:
Why does everyone think there is only limited source material???? There are 32 chapters, 5 manga volumes! Many one-cour full-length shows only adapt 4 volumes of manga.

Because these people only ever read their manga on Mangafox, and I doubt even a single one ever legit bought any of the stuff they've read or watched.

Jan 4, 2014 12:03 PM

Sep 2011
Jody32 said:
Just because something is 5 minutes long, doesn't mean it will be bad.

Sure, "Chi's Sweet Home" or the sequel are really good examples for that.
Pupa isn't a Slice of Life-story (which are easy to adapt in shorts) though. And from the synopsis it doesn't sound like it can be executed well in parts that are 5 minutes long each.
I'll give it a try but my excitement for the anime has become somewhat low.
Jan 4, 2014 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
The 5 min announcement made me think the anime will suck

After reading the manga, I know the anime will suck
Jan 4, 2014 5:24 PM

May 2009
Why were you even excited for this shit?
Manga is garbage.
Jan 5, 2014 2:36 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
SinDeLuXe said:
Jody32 said:

Sure, "Chi's Sweet Home" or the sequel are really good examples for that.
Pupa isn't a Slice of Life-story (which are easy to adapt in shorts) though. And from the synopsis it doesn't sound like it can be executed well in parts that are 5 minutes long each.
I'll give it a try but my excitement for the anime has become somewhat low.

Comedies do well as shorts too, for instance Senyuu.

But drama types don't do very well

Jan 5, 2014 5:05 PM

Jun 2011
Jody32 said:

Exactly! Masterpieces like Inferno Cop have episodes that are only 3 minutes long.

Jan 5, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2012
might watch
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Jan 5, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2008
It being 5 minutes is why I'm watching it. My attention span is pretty low and I'm already watching a bunch of other things at the moment.
Jan 5, 2014 9:19 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
This means "read the manga!"

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 6, 2014 3:28 AM

Sep 2012
BatoKusanagi said:
This means "read the manga!"
No, it means "buy the manga". And the manga is awesome, so awesome. Don't let the shit posters above tell you otherwise.
Jan 8, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
FWIW this show is only 5 minutes because the manga sucks.

If you want to see gore fanservice this bad read the manga or play a video game or something.

I instruct everyone currently raging because what appears to be a Horror/Psychological show got its time cut to actually read the manga.

There is no horror. Its just panels of the sister doing erotically drawn things while eating flesh.

If you are meant to fap to it, I don't think it counts as psychological horror anymore.
SolviteWoTaberuJan 8, 2014 2:33 PM
Jan 8, 2014 5:52 PM

Jan 2012
gutted about this, was so looking forward to this one, don't think it will be as good with just 5 minute episodes gaaaaaah!
Jan 9, 2014 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
Y U DO THIS? Earth Star Entertainment.
Jan 9, 2014 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
randompadley said:
gutted about this, was so looking forward to this one, don't think it will be as good with just 5 minute episodes gaaaaaah!

It will be.

the entire first 3 chapters could fit into 5 minutes.
Jan 9, 2014 10:25 AM

May 2009
hpulley said:
And the manga is awesome, so awesome. Don't let the shit posters above tell you otherwise.

If it's so awesome then why was cancelled?
Jan 9, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
4 minute show. Not 5 minute.

And the Manga sucks. It's nothing but forced situations to show the sister half naked eating flesh.

Now, don't get me wrong. It's fap worthy and sexy. But don't dilude yourself into calling this shit "horror".
Jan 9, 2014 1:25 PM
Jan 2014
damn u were completely right!! This is shit that deserves only 4 minutes, so cheesy.
I dont get what u fap to i see absolutely no ero in this piece of shit.
the first episode covered 2 chapters.

I recommend you guys to skim trough the manga if u are so interested, u will be disappointed very quickly.
Jan 9, 2014 4:44 PM

Oct 2010
tsudecimo said:
HowTragic said:
Facepalm.

I guess a 24 minute per episode anime of a quality series was too much to ask for from Studio DEEN. If they aren't even bothered to spend a little time on worthwhile stuff, then I can't be bothered to waste my time watching their seasonal ripoffs of overused anime plot genres. This season - generic anime about two girls doing things related with school. No thank you, Sakura Trick.

I'm quite sure they are very upset that you are not going to illegally watch their stuff.

I bet they are throwing tables right now due to frustration and sadness over your decision. If only you can change your mind, how tragic.

Good sir, you're missing a brain. My anime club has a premium Crunchyroll account. I guess asking a Narutard to think before you post is too much to ask.

Also,

http://www.rieti.go.jp/jp/publications/dp/11j010.pdf

Can't understand?

How tragic.
HowTragicJan 9, 2014 4:50 PM
Jan 9, 2014 5:31 PM
Aug 2011
What the hell.

Maybe I missed something. The chapters are around 35 pages each, which means in total Pupa is about 525 pages. Each of the 15 chapters can be an episode by its own right. They develop the characters, they introduce plot elements, they put emphasis on various motifs, and so much more.

These 5 minute episodes skip everything that make this series worthwhile. Absolutely no development, zero emotional value, no explanation of plot in a very non sequitur fashion, and just retarded decisions from Studio Deen to actually go through with this.

I would gladly read the first three pages of Pupa over watching this hashed bullshit. It gives so much more.
Jan 9, 2014 7:08 PM

Aug 2008
I'm kinda shocked people were really expecting the anime adaption that much...

I mean the manga is a rush job as well, so yeah.
Jan 9, 2014 9:32 PM

Jan 2013
Quiesce said:
What the hell.

Maybe I missed something. The chapters are around 35 pages each, which means in total Pupa is about 525 pages. Each of the 15 chapters can be an episode by its own right. They develop the characters, they introduce plot elements, they put emphasis on various motifs, and so much more.

These 5 minute episodes skip everything that make this series worthwhile. Absolutely no development, zero emotional value, no explanation of plot in a very non sequitur fashion, and just retarded decisions from Studio Deen to actually go through with this.

I would gladly read the first three pages of Pupa over watching this hashed bullshit. It gives so much more.

"Develop the Characters"

Priceless.
Jan 10, 2014 6:52 AM

Oct 2011
Aesther said:
...Why is it that the shows I anticipate get butchered...
brings to mind litchi hikari club all over again......more destruction of horror fan hopes in such a short period (hurts even worse 'cause i'm, it seems, one of the few fans of the manga)?
Jan 10, 2014 4:08 PM
Dec 2011
sigh
Jan 10, 2014 7:17 PM

Dec 2012
hyperknees91 said:
I'm kinda shocked people were really expecting the anime adaption that much...

I mean the manga is a rush job as well, so yeah.

I just read the entire manga and the pacing was pretty bad. Very, very rushed at times. The PV looked really interesting so I was looking forward to watching it, but then it did...that. So I went and read the manga, and now I'm only reading it because I've already put an hour into it and will just see it through to the end.
Jan 11, 2014 2:18 AM

Jun 2013
RoseOfTheDawn said:

I just read the entire manga and the pacing was pretty bad. Very, very rushed at times. The PV looked really interesting so I was looking forward to watching it, but then it did...that. So I went and read the manga, and now I'm only reading it because I've already put an hour into it and will just see it through to the end.

It's really hard to read the manga, tbh.

There's not enough content on any front to warrant any actual interest in what's going on. Things happen in the story that make the reader go, "Oh, that's nice...I guess...this is pretty uneventful, actually." It happens so often that I find myself completely uninterested. Every character introduced is completely flat, the buildup to anything and everything is pretty poor, and to top it all of...the story isn't actually there? Well, the story is terribly lacking at the very least.

Most manga/anime have at least one thing that can pull you in and catch your interest for a good while regardless of your tastes. I found none of that when I actually started reading the manga :/
Just chill out and concentrate...
Jan 11, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2012
At least they have time to put their budget into yuri rather than this.
Jan 11, 2014 7:05 PM
Mar 2011
some things are too good to be fucking true, fuck Earth Star Entertainment

Jan 12, 2014 1:04 AM

Mar 2010
I was disappointed too like fellow fans like all of you....but who knows if this show have 20+ episodes!! :PP
jayvon said:

seikipunch said:
Stark700 said:
LOL. Now the real question still remains when this will actually air.

This will air slightly before the Second Coming.

The second coming of what, Jesus?

LOL HAHAHAHA

Bakatakume said:
Oh.... :(
Don't worry everyone!

Look at the Bright Side:
1) This series exists
2) The manga is still there to read
3) Episodes are free
4) Anime & Manga exist
5) There are many awesome series coming in the future

SOME people love to bitching around even though they are pirating.
Sebastian333Jan 12, 2014 1:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2014 2:45 AM

Feb 2012
T^T I know!! I was looking forward to this anime soooo much! And then it turns out to be only 5 minutes...if they made it 20 minutes an episode it would be sooo much better! :(

Jan 24, 2014 11:52 PM
Nov 2013
5 mins per episode? How convenient. I can watch an episode every time i take a crap.
Jan 28, 2014 12:15 AM
Oct 2013
You watch anime while crapping?
Feb 14, 2014 8:29 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Sebastian333 said:

SOME people love to bitching around even though they are pirating.

Watching on Crunchyroll doesn't count as pirating...

May 27, 2014 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pupa Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

296 by Rafaelutzul »»
May 19, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Pupa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2014

387 by paocmanteiga »»
May 3, 1:20 PM

» Is Pupa bad because of it's abhorrent themes or was it simply just horribly made?

timboy - Mar 23, 2021

14 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jan 7, 8:54 AM

» [Long] Pupa: a solid 6/10

Barusamikosu - Dec 30, 2023

4 by -DxP- »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:35 AM

Poll: » Pupa Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 30, 2014

95 by Z3NITH4L »»
Nov 22, 2023 3:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.