Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2013 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
Man, I just really enjoy how they are focusing on the game aspect of things. Really nice to see it progress like this.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 12, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
I can see this is starting to be more about the schematics of MMORPGs.

Decent ep. I hope there's interesting things ahead.
Oct 12, 2013 2:47 PM

May 2013
I'm expecting some kind of mystery to be revealed in the next couple of episodes, primarily because of when the MC was talking about not doing anything besides "not dying". I do hope it's intriguing. Something international would be cool, hopefully getting to see a fantasy version of some of the other countries.

This seems to finally be like a true MMORPG based anime, and a decent amount of thought was put into it on the creator's side, having things like subclasses and whatnot. It's really fun to watch. I'm not sure I could recommend this anime to someone that doesn't enjoy an MMO, though. At least not yet.

Great second episode.
Oct 12, 2013 3:12 PM

Dec 2009
A bit heavy on the exposition, but I still loved it <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 12, 2013 3:15 PM

Mar 2012
They're doing quite well with explaining the battle system, which I suppose is a plus, but it's hard to feel any tension. They're stuck in a MMO eating bland food, sure, but there's not much in the way of a central conflict. So here's hoping Shiroe's past actually amounts to some serious plot rather than just showing off how badass he is.
Oct 12, 2013 3:16 PM

May 2012
the ending song soo cute.. i love this series..

Oct 12, 2013 3:46 PM

Mar 2013
This was a great episode! The MC was actually interesting including the tactics he performs with the group. The good thing I liked was how Shiroe pointed out his own flaws and how EVERYBODY trapped in the game needs some kind of support. Nao and Akatsuki are also balanced characters to which I like. Also what was good is how Shiroe was breaking down how the power system of the game works and how it can be effective in it's position.

Personally, I think hiding the "main plot" right now is better rather then throwing everything at us the first episode. It gives all of us a sense of more interest in the anime and wanting us to watch more for next episode.

This anime is definitely in my top 3 fall anime of this season right now.
Oct 12, 2013 4:45 PM

Feb 2013
Definitely one of my favorites this season so far.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Oct 12, 2013 5:00 PM

Oct 2013
I liked the episode, I found it really amazing classes / sub-classes and unique skills that could go from there.

I liked the battle functions within the series, and what not to fight in the village.

The OST I love. Good MMORPG anime

Oct 12, 2013 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
I like how strategy and team based the combat is, really makes it feel more genuine. Hmm, Shiroe made an interesting point - they're basically provided with everything they need to live comfortably in the game, leaving them with nothing concrete to do or aim for. Makes me wonder what the true purpose of that patch was. Akatsuki is cute.

Preview looks interesting, I hope to learn more of Shiroe's past.
Oct 12, 2013 5:22 PM

Jun 2013
this was Ok Episode...So You can't die in this game world eh...That Just Erased All Limits from the Battle...

So They Do PK just Because They Are Bored....Tough those 6 Chose Truly Wrong Targets...all but 1 ended as dead!!! XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 12, 2013 5:44 PM

May 2012
03:14 dat shinobibaka

06:29 enough of the weirdoes fanservice

12:58 "kono ba-"

19:30 "UMU!"

Men. 3/10. Dropped
Boring characters. Bad animation. Bad drawing. Bad coloring.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 12, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
really liking how true this is to the MMO genre

what do players do at end game when there bored? PK other players,...yep that sounds about right.
Oct 12, 2013 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
i'm actually enjoying this quite a bit, hope they keep up the battle strategies
Oct 12, 2013 6:36 PM

Feb 2010
This was positively awesome, already doing more justice to the MMO setting than SAO. I love it.

Not sure what to think of the fact that they can't seem to die, but it certainly opens up inteesting possibilities in terms of espionage and similar things.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 12, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
Shirubaasouru said:
Bad animation. Bad drawing. Bad coloring.

Priorities.
Oct 12, 2013 7:11 PM

Sep 2013
Akatsuki is so cute.

Griffons that just plain rocks.

Good ep, but with the reveal that they respawn dying is a joke.
Oct 12, 2013 7:31 PM
Jan 2013
another great episode still love the op and ed song :)
Oct 12, 2013 7:33 PM

Nov 2009
I liked the explanations about the class system and different types of spells. The party vs. party battles are going to make things more strategic than SAO.
Oct 12, 2013 8:04 PM

Aug 2012
Amazing battle , I played a lot of MMOs before so the root skills, sleep skill, defense call were all familiar to me

Can't wait for the next episode QQ
Oct 12, 2013 8:14 PM
Mar 2009
I like that there is so much material you can look up outside of the anime (due to the manga being so far ahead... although there is not as much wiki stuff as I would have expected).

Great pacing so far, and love how they explain more of the world as it develops.

Griffons: the only way to fly (other than Virgin Atlantic)
Oct 12, 2013 8:18 PM

Apr 2012
I hope there won't be episode without Akatsuki-chan. She is so cute >.<
Oct 12, 2013 8:38 PM

Apr 2008
This just keeps getting better and better.
Oct 12, 2013 8:57 PM

Jun 2010
Looks like the first episode weeded out all the idiots that thought this was a SAO clone.

LH explained more about how the game worked in 20 minutes than what SAO could do in 25 episodes beyond "HURR DURR BASH EVERYTHING WITH AKIMBO SWORDS".
BURSSS BURSSS BURSSS SWAG

-GMCFosho
Oct 12, 2013 9:09 PM

Aug 2010
Thoughts on this episode:

• Log Horizon continues to differentiate itself from SAO with this episode. While their premises are almost the same, the execution of the two series is different with LH focusing much more on the MMO aspects and SAO focusing on the romance/human drama aspects of being trapped.

• The explanations of different skills and spells were really detailed, Shiroe's class seems kind of like a druid-type support class without healing ability and I thought the way that "taunt" actually worked in PVP in Elder Tale was pretty good, more games should implement something like that!

• Seems like the players aren't panicking over the fact that they are trapped in an online world unlike SAO. People PKing for loot just seems like a douchebag thing to do in this case if you were really trapped in an MMO but somehow with the way MMO players are, I wouldn't doubt people would do it just for kicks.

Full blog post here.
Oct 12, 2013 9:20 PM

Dec 2010
Yep the main problem of this anime so far is what Shiroe himself said. Since there are no visible consequences/penalties of dying, wtf is there to do? Lol

I like how this anime explores more of the MMO aspects in this episode
Oct 12, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2008
It's nice that she's so into it and all, but I would like it if Akatsuki tones down her roleplaying a bit. It's a bit odd seeing someone in her situation pretending to be a ninja.

For the episode itself, it was ok. Of course, it's a bit boring, but the main character himself acknowledged that, so it still has plenty of room to improve.
Oct 12, 2013 9:30 PM

Jun 2008
After 2 episodes I'm liking LH alot, more than SAO. With all the real MMORPG things like the guardian actually taunting the players and LOVING that its an MMO, not an emo crying fest where everyone dies if they really die in game.
Oct 12, 2013 9:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Pknoctis said:
Yep the main problem of this anime so far is what Shiroe himself said. Since there are no visible consequences/penalties of dying, wtf is there to do? Lol

Ask yourself, why do you play RPG games? You don't die in RPG game in real life.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 12, 2013 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
After re-watching the OP I found out something interesting.
I forgot that there was a third griffon and when I went back to check the cat dude we saw last episode saving the girl was riding it.

So looks like this guy was apart of Shiroe and Naotsugu's little gang as well, if he was one of the people that participated in that raid with them.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 12, 2013 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
wakka9ca said:
Pknoctis said:

Ask yourself, why do you play RPG games? You don't die in RPG game in real life.

A big thrill out of playing RPG's like that is to level yourself up and become stronger and thus possibly demonstrate your strengths and superiority to others. However in this one, Shiroe is already level-capped and thus can't go any higher so there isn't much left to play for.

Well.... other than the fact that they are trapped in an MMORPG that is. xD
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 10:34 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty decent episode. I enjoyed it.
Oct 12, 2013 10:40 PM

Apr 2013
Twilight_Fade said:
wakka9ca said:
Pknoctis said:

A big thrill out of playing RPG's like that is to level yourself up and become stronger and thus possibly demonstrate your strengths and superiority to others. However in this one, Shiroe is already level-capped and thus can't go any higher so there isn't much left to play for.

Is that so? I've only played one mmo thoroughly (Guild Wars 2), but the time of when you want to demonstrate your strengths and superiority, was AFTER your level-capped, and show that you can kick everyone's ass on level grounds. In GW2, that was mostly in the mass-scaled server vs. server maps, where you're forced-leveled to max-cap to level the playing field. A lot of the fun was in the post-leveling phase, where you start doing raids, pvp, etc.
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 12, 2013 10:47 PM

Jul 2013
Maybe it just varies from person to person but I liked working my butt off to level and I would participate in activities like PvP tournaments during it and also doing some raids, etc. too in other RPGs. Often enough it depends how the RPG is set up when it determines there should be some PvP (like Guild Wars).

Often enough, I like having a goal to work towards in an RPG and once its over, it often becomes boring unless there is enough good PvP action going on.

Either way it just depends what you peaks your interest the most when playing an RPG that will determine how you stick with it. I like PvP too but I think it'd be a little boring in some ways if I couldn't level up anymore.

Its that way that I kinda wish that Log Horizon took that route and reset everyones levels back to 1 to make people work back up again. It would have put everyone on level footing and the naturally strong players would rise to the top.
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 10:56 PM

Apr 2013
Twilight_Fade said:
Maybe it just varies from person to person but I liked working my butt off to level and I would participate in activities like PvP tournaments during it and also doing some raids, etc. too in other RPGs. Often enough it depends how the RPG is set up when it determines there should be some PvP (like Guild Wars).

Often enough, I like having a goal to work towards in an RPG and once its over, it often becomes boring unless there is enough good PvP action going on.

Either way it just depends what you peaks your interest the most when playing an RPG that will determine how you stick with it. I like PvP too but I think it'd be a little boring in some ways if I couldn't level up anymore.

Its that way that I kinda wish that Log Horizon took that route and reset everyones levels back to 1 to make people work back up again. It would have put everyone on level footing and the naturally strong players would rise to the top.

I see what you mean, maybe an increased level cap would have worked well, going with the expansion. There was shown to be new areas, and probably bosses though, so apart from the possible larger scale pvp fights, they might go for that direction. It is 2 cours after all. I'm SURE there'll be a more pronounced plot before the end of it Lol.
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 12, 2013 11:08 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty darn good episode.
Only thing they need to address is their bodies in the real world. How that all works
Oct 12, 2013 11:09 PM

Aug 2010
Twilight_Fade said:
wakka9ca said:
Pknoctis said:

Actually, the same happens to me sometimes. When I reach the "endgame" part at levelcap and find there isn't enough to do, I find myself bored. I call it "endgame lethargy". But other than shiroe and his merry troupe, I can just stop playing while they are "locked in".
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 12, 2013 11:37 PM
Aug 2013
Ragix said:
After re-watching the OP I found out something interesting.
I forgot that there was a third griffon and when I went back to check the cat dude we saw last episode saving the girl was riding it.

So looks like this guy was apart of Shiroe and Naotsugu's little gang as well, if he was one of the people that participated in that raid with them.

Definitely. Actually, I think you can see him in the first episode, when that guild master gives a speech about how awesome that group used to be and we get a shot of them barely concealed in shadows.

Also, now that they introduced that subclass concept, I wonder if there is one that actually lets you cook something tasty. Could be fun to see people fighting over that ability, since wealth and survival are not a concern anymore in this world. ^^'
Oct 12, 2013 11:39 PM

Jul 2013
RediceRyan said:
Only thing they need to address is their bodies in the real world. How that all works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duboBiAKmX0

just look at the PV . Their body are suck into the game .
Oct 13, 2013 12:18 AM

Oct 2011
Liking this a lot better than SAO already due to the focus on MMO mechanics. I also liked the importance of party roles as opposed to one character just steamrolling everybody.
Oct 13, 2013 12:41 AM

May 2012
I liked this more than the first episode.
The combat is much more MMORPG like than that other MMORPG show.
It almost makes me want to start playing WoW again. But I know I'd probably just play it for a week before getting bored. I sure do miss those long raid nights with the guild though, even as stressful as they sometimes were... what was I talking about? Oh yea, was a good episode, Akatsuki is cute. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
Oct 13, 2013 1:22 AM

Nov 2009
Great teamwork. Those classes are cool. Shiro is really considering their class & subclass while making strategies.
Oct 13, 2013 1:52 AM

Jan 2011
This makes me really want to port my WoW character over into Log Horizon, just to see how he would make out. I appreciate the primer on group tactics since I almost always soloed, which consisted of creeping around as a cat, sneaking up and dispatching the unwary human sc.... excuse me--just slipping back into character again.

And just for the record the r in rpg stands for role. I think the role playing that Akatsuki is doing is spot on. If you are going to role play a ninja, then don't step out of character.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 13, 2013 2:03 AM

Jun 2009

This is... Exactly what I hoped for when I first started SAO...
This is the exact kind of fantasy I wish to live in during my early childhood...
This is the exact kind of show I've been waiting for since... Over a decade ago...

This is a dream come true anime!!!

FUCK YEAH!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2013 2:34 AM

Jun 2011
Much much better episode than the first. Looking forward to next week's ep now :)

5/5
Oct 13, 2013 2:45 AM

Aug 2010
Ignis_Scientia said:
RediceRyan said:

Is that really the PV for the anime? Or fan made by a LN reader?
Oct 13, 2013 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
RediceRyan said:

It is official PV for manga adaption not fanmade
Ignis_ScientiaOct 13, 2013 4:44 AM
Oct 13, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2010
Ignis_Scientia said:
Barion-Zara said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
RediceRyan said:

Oh, I see. It looks great :D
Oct 13, 2013 5:41 AM
Mar 2013
Still don't like Shiroe as much as Kirito. I don't like the glasses, His class is boring. However i love Akatsuki, Cute, Strong, Ninja and Cute.
Oct 13, 2013 6:32 AM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
Barion-Zara said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
RediceRyan said:

Oh, I see. It looks great :D

Here

http://www.mangapark.com/manga/log-horizon/v1/c1/all

Chap 1 , Different than Anime but show us that Shiro is suck into the game . It stared from episode 3 and mention about fruit have taste while normal food don't have
Ignis_ScientiaOct 13, 2013 6:41 AM
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

406 by Alkimia »»
Aug 1, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

181 by Alkimia »»
Aug 1, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2014

193 by Alkimia »»
Aug 1, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

371 by Alkimia »»
Aug 1, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2014

161 by Alkimia »»
Aug 1, 8:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.