Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2013 9:49 PM

Feb 2012
Not bad, although the borderline rape makes me uncomfortable.
At least the lead somewhat fights back.

I feel like if the animation had been handled a different way, this might have been a a pretty good horror. All the guys are annoyingly stereotypical, but i guess i shouldn't expect anything else from a shoujo/bishounen. So far i only like Shun and maybe the 2nd oldest (forgot his name), The rest are terrible, catchphrase archetypes.
Sep 16, 2013 11:01 PM

Jan 2011
http://i.imgur.com/eIBgwG1.gif
Well this guy certainly doesn't waste any time.
[center]
Sep 16, 2013 11:27 PM

Nov 2010
Seems like a hentai without a sex ... or kiss.
1 more episode for fun then dropped
Sep 16, 2013 11:32 PM

Mar 2013
I only watch the anime because of Yuuki Kaji. From a Titan (Eren) to a Vampire (Kanato). Omfg Yuutan sugoi (*^*)/
So far, not so good but not that bad either. It's like Brother's Conflict meet Vampire Knight :D I just hope the heroine won't be annoying on the later eps..
Sep 17, 2013 12:07 AM
Mar 2010
Welp, now that I watched it with subs, let's comment some more.

First off, the only person out of all of them I can stand is Subaru. The rest of them are all big, mean, pervy vampires who treat the girl like some plaything and have no respect for her feelings. I don't like them. Especially Ayato.

Secondly, again, I'm glad the heroine actually stands up for herself but who knows how long it will last.

Thirdly, I know it's only fifteen minutes long but I'd have liked a small monologue from the heroine about why she's coming here, where she's from etc. And lastly, the bit with the purple haired woman(I know her name) and with her oh-so conveniently finding out her father's diary and finding out she's adopted....yeah, that was bad.

All in all, I give it a 6.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 17, 2013 12:15 AM
Jan 2013
The first episode was quite interesting. It was different than I thought it would be, seeming to be a typical reverse harem at the start, and although it definitely had problems I was quite surprised. I read a little bio on the main characters and it seemed interesting, will continue. Also pleasantly surprised by Yui's seiyuu, wouldn't of noticed it was her first voice acting roll.

Rating: 3.5/10 (I also lay claim to Shuu)
Sep 17, 2013 12:59 AM

Nov 2011
I don't know how to feel about this.
None of them really came off as likable and the only ones I can kind of stand are Shuu and Reiji, but Shuu is just a lazy bum and Reiji not only walks with a pole up his ass, but seems pretty sadistic himself.

It's nice that she tries to stick up for herself, but so far it doesn't look like it's doing her much good against these group of fellows. In fact, they're actually fueled by that little spunk shes got.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 17, 2013 1:45 AM
Sep 2013
It was very interesting. I like Ayato. He is so cool. Can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 17, 2013 2:00 AM

Apr 2009
VioLink said:
http://i.imgur.com/eIBgwG1.gif
Well this guy certainly doesn't waste any time.

Not even Fedora-kun was this forward with her.
Sep 17, 2013 2:03 AM

Nov 2011
Gangbang..?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 17, 2013 2:23 AM
Oct 2010
I guess they're going for the lusty vampires like the ones before twilight became a big boom.
Sep 17, 2013 2:25 AM
Mar 2012
Wow those guys got on my nerves. Considering the way they were acting, they have some nerve calling her the rude one.

I hope she doesn't give on to them and let them walk all over her, but considering what type of show this is...
Sep 17, 2013 2:48 AM
Jun 2013
<<Was good for only three minutes....then one of the guys decided to talk.
Automatic drop. I don't have time for this kind of sexist, dominance bullcrap.>>

I agree

<<Wow those guys got on my nerves. Considering the way they were acting, they have some nerve calling her the rude one.>>

I agree.

<<None of them really came off as likable and the only ones I can kind of stand are Shuu and Reiji, but Shuu is just a lazy bum and Reiji not only walks with a pole up his ass, but seems pretty sadistic himself. >>

I agree.

They should add at leasy a very powerful Exorcist/Demon hunter/Church moderator , to balance. Cause, if it's about love, she only has choice between a rapist, a rapist, a rapist , a rapist, a rapist and .....a violent rapist.

When shuu broke the glass of the paint i was thinking "Oh finally, someone with a minimum of decency" and right after " ah, my bad, they're just all trash".

They better withdraw and call it a joke afterwards, at least they would shift from rapists to simple jerks. They says that mortals are foolish but being immortal didn't make them any smarter. Personally i don't give a shit to any explanation that would comme afterward for this behavior. I'll drop if the exorcist don't come :)
AporieSep 17, 2013 2:57 AM
Sep 17, 2013 3:45 AM

Apr 2013
Wow these guys are terrible,especially Subaru and the guy calling her bitch-chan (wtf?)

At least Brothers Conflict provides a little entertainment,this was painful to see,but I'll give it a few more episodes.
Sep 17, 2013 5:47 AM
Mar 2010
Ah, just one episode in and the MAL score is already 6.75. I guess a lot of people DID go into this anime expecting flowery romance. Well, I would have been shocked as well if I didn't know before hand what this was about.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 17, 2013 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
I want to hug the eldest son. ♥
Sep 17, 2013 6:05 AM

Sep 2008
Great animation!
And seems pretty cool,
also heroine is quite likeable :)

Only one thing that kinda piss me off it "Bitch-chan",
maybe I get used to this, but as far this is annoying.

But generally pretty cool :D
Sep 17, 2013 6:06 AM

Mar 2011
So far I'm liking Shuu. He's hot xDD
Sep 17, 2013 6:08 AM

Jul 2011
15 minutes wasted. I should have known that it'd be horrible anime.

all characters are unlikeable. Guys probably supposed to be "hot" but I find all of them flat and stupid. Heroine isn't better. She's one of the most annoying heroines. Plot? I dunno. Seems like it was rapefest.

Dropped.
Sep 17, 2013 6:24 AM

Jun 2008
Yukito-Atari said:
! Now i got a great idea of what a reverse ecchi's really !

Physical fanservice provided for (straight) guys by female characters isn't something you could compare to the forcible (and sadistic) behaviour of male characters (for M girls). I didn't see any of the guys running around shirtless or whatever. Those are two completely different things... ~.~°

I wonder if - should Ayato be focused on next time - people will be relieved they won't hear "Bitch-chan" as often anymore or be more annoyed at "chichinashi"...
Sep 17, 2013 6:42 AM

Jun 2011
:/ 15 min.
I hate the Bitch-chan part -.-'

I really feel like everything is missing.
*eating brains*
Sep 17, 2013 7:14 AM

Feb 2010
Is it strange I'm a straight guy and I loved this episode? o.o'
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Sep 17, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2010
Yui is such a cutie! The animation is great, at least I think so. What's with the licks, s o annoying... The glasses guy and Shu have been the best so far. The white-haired guy isn't bad either. The bitch-chan guy is so annoying especially, how dare he call her a bitch?

Pretty interesting show, the ratings are too low. I mean, why did no one enjoy it? Am I the only one here who loved it inspite of the presence of some jerks?

Well I am supporting Shu for now, he seems to be Natsume (brocon) of the show. He is awesome, just like my bro, Natsume. Hope Yui slaps the people who force themselves on her, or pound them or whatever.
Sep 17, 2013 8:36 AM

May 2008
I'm going to assume about 90% of the comments here are by people who haven't played the game or haven't read any of the game summaries

The company that makes these games are known for their dark, twisted themes.

It's SUPPOSED to be this way. It's just the type of game it is. Not all otome games are going to be soft and fluffy and happy. This is one where it isn't. Get used to it.

Sep 17, 2013 8:55 AM

Oct 2011
oh damn!!!! Hope she is alright?
Sep 17, 2013 8:58 AM

Aug 2008
KayChan4U said:
I'm going to assume about 90% of the comments here are by people who haven't played the game or haven't read any of the game summaries

It's SUPPOSED to be this way. It's just the type of game it is. Not all otome games are going to be soft and fluffy and happy. This is one where it isn't. Get used to it.

Exact thought. I quite looked forward to it, since it's different from the usual otome genre. And I wasn't let down.
Sep 17, 2013 9:03 AM

Jul 2012
WTF am I watching?! LOL Didn't expect this to turn into a dark show. I don't really like it that much so far. Everyone's so rude. But I'm going to keep watching this.

Shuu is my favourite so far. Ayato's the cutest but kind of arrogant. The bitch-chan guy is not sexy at all IMO.

Also, props to the visuals. Other than some of the character designs, the animation is pretty nice to look at.
MayukaSep 17, 2013 9:10 AM
Sep 17, 2013 9:15 AM

Jun 2013
It was okay, like how a typical shoujo reverse harem should begin with in the first place. I don't get the people who rate it AFTER 1 FREAKIN EPISODE.
Sep 17, 2013 9:21 AM

Jul 2012
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
I don't get the people who rate it AFTER 1 FREAKIN EPISODE.

Especially the harsh reviews :\ If we were all rating based on first episodes, I might have given Code Geass a 6/10 LOL or Clannad AfterStory a 5.
Sep 17, 2013 9:26 AM
Aug 2011
KayChan4U said:

...but some people already knew what this was going to be about and still thought this was pretty terrible.
Saying "get used to it" isn't a very convincing way to make or strengthen a point either.
Sep 17, 2013 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
yea
mayukachan said:
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
I don't get the people who rate it AFTER 1 FREAKIN EPISODE.

Especially the harsh reviews : If we were all rating based on first episodes, I might have given Code Geass a 6/10 LOL or Clannad AfterStory a 5.

Yeah, it's been only 1 episode. Too early to judge.

parfaited said:
KayChan4U said:

...but some people already knew what this was going to be about and still thought this was pretty terrible.
Saying "get used to it" isn't a very convincing way to make or strengthen a point either.

I understand there will be many who dislike it. But the people who played the game or listened to the drama cd, they would expect this. Why would they watch the anime if the didn't like it, because the game and drama cd is filled with this stuff.

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaSep 18, 2013 12:41 AM
Sep 17, 2013 10:37 AM

Sep 2012
WTF is wrong with her dad to send her to that place full of vampires??
Finally a smart MC, when you see a vampire you have to run and hide! That's the right thing to do! Not fall in love with them on first sight.

It's different for others animes with the same genre. I'm looking foward to the next episode.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Sep 17, 2013 10:47 AM

May 2012
1st episode is better than what I expected. I thought this going to be a crap like brother conflict. I didn't expect it to have S&M

The characters look very handsome. Bitch-chan looks much cuter than what I expected (100x times cuter than the girl from brother conflict)
thepathSep 17, 2013 11:05 AM
Sep 17, 2013 10:59 AM

Jan 2009
AHH finally! After waiting for so long the first ep is out, and I must say I'm not dissapointed! Animation is weird, characters (also the colours used for em) look totally different compared to the pic's I'm used in the drama cd's and game BUT I am not dissapointed~ Hoping they'll give us something original instead of following the game routes!

Just wishing one thing..PLEASE DON'T FOLLOW AYATO'S ROUTE!! I mean COME ON!! Didn't Morikawa Hikaru get enough spotlight in the drama cd's?? ~_~
*cough*Needz moar Reiji-sama*cough* That being said, I don't mean the friggin douche from the game but the Do S Gentleman from the drama CD's! D:<
Anyways, happy the anime is airing, too bad it's so short though and hope ppl will enjoy Diabolik Lovers as much as I did/do~

But man.. after listening to all the drama cd's /radio specials, finishing the game and watching this first ep i kinda feel empty... I guess it's time to finally read the Anthologies and prequel/sequels.. even though it's just mostly repeats~ D:
Ah, also looking forward to the second game~
Sep 17, 2013 11:06 AM
Oct 2010
Lyyu said:

So they won't go after him and eat him I guess.
Sep 17, 2013 11:16 AM

Nov 2010
aki3chan said:
Lyyu said:

So they won't go after him and eat him I guess.

Interesting. it all make sense now.
Sep 17, 2013 11:19 AM

Dec 2012
well, first of all yui gets a plus point because after ayato attacked her, she actually ran to the other guy and asked for help. it bothered me that she was just lying there and let ayato lick her, but i guess she was just completely surprised and shocked.
she also wanted to leave immediately when she realized that these guys are weird and she tried to run away. i can't say i've seen that happening very often these days. usually the heroines just start to stutter "wh-what... but-but i... no, stop, i... n-no..."

please let this be a reverse harem without a stupid, naive and submissive girl. i can't take these kind of harems anymore ;__; (i guess she won't start throwing punches and turn into a badass vampire hunter, but to actually see some rejection is already more than i see in most harem, so i hope for that.)

the character design is nice. the guys look really good. i also enjoyed the voice acting (hello, yuki kaji! i didn't even know he speaks one of the guys. wow, that's a very great surprise!).

i'm just a bit disappointed every episode has only 15 minutes :/ well, i would rather watch an anime that's short, but everything's planned out well instead of seeing a lot of filler. so hopefully it'll be good anyway.

and i haven't played the game, so i don't know what will happen, but i already heard the game's really dark and sadistic. i don't have any problem if the guys trying to bite her (vampires, duh), but i'm a bit worried that they'll add rape scenes and that's something i can't deal with. as weird as it sounds, but i can deal with torture and blood and gore, but rape would be too much. unfortunately i don't even see a rating, so i don't know how dark it'll get...

tl;dr: really interesting start because it was different. i still have no idea what to expect and how dark this anime will get, but that makes it even more interesting.
Sep 17, 2013 11:24 AM

Jul 2011
Well right off the bat they started trying to feed on her.

I only care about who is that other Lady on the other side of the window. A mystery, love it.

So far the characters are ok, the youngest one is annoying though, if he is annoyed by her then can't he just go somewhere else, like he follows her just to be complaining..but I hope his character will grow.

character designs are great as well, voice acting great.

I was very excited for this series, can't wait for more!
Sep 17, 2013 1:03 PM
May 2010
it by idea factory so no wonder peoples have mixed feels about it.

anyway this seems interesting but it might be too much for me >.<
Sep 17, 2013 1:20 PM
Mar 2013
Yeeeeeeessss! I've been waiting for this anime for like, EVER! \(^O^)/ I like Subaru, and Shuu the most! And I can't wait for the next episode! (why must they make me waaait?! xc )
Sep 17, 2013 2:31 PM
Feb 2013
I thought I might be disappointed after watching Amnesia which was a total fail but diabolik lovers has good potential; at least the heroine speaks.
It keeps you intrigued and I love the vampire plot to it.
Sep 17, 2013 2:54 PM

Sep 2010
Uhh... I don't know if I'll watch this to completion. Rapey vibe was too much for me. I'll give it a chance, though.
Sep 17, 2013 3:00 PM

Jul 2012
Wow that made me feel more uncomfortable than the game did haha...

The voice acting is nice at least.
Sep 17, 2013 3:28 PM

Feb 2013
its basically about a group of kidnapping rapists who call this crazy girl a bitch. An they love to lick.
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Sep 17, 2013 4:13 PM

Jul 2012
You guys may rate it and drop it now, but the rating won't matter at all after a few more episodes get released anyway because of MAL's average rating system. LOL
Sep 17, 2013 4:24 PM

Mar 2009
Abuse: the anime.

Wow. This was awful.
Sep 17, 2013 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
i was gonna say this story sucks but then i thought... damn, vampire pun...

give the girl some stakes and rename the series "Buffy:the anime" and you got yourself a winner!
Sep 17, 2013 4:51 PM
Aug 2012
this is prtty gd its a premise that i havent rlly seen before i kept expecting someone something to help her nope nothing came evil story so far jst wat i like who was the vampire lady outside her? or like her mom or something? thats jst my prediciton never played the game so i wldnt knw tho
Sep 17, 2013 6:31 PM

Jun 2009
I think this was going to be be your average otome game turned anime series...boy was I wrong. And I freaked out a little bit. But I did like it.
Sep 17, 2013 6:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Takashi981 said:
But I did like it.

*cough* discover your inner M?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2013

162 by ireenelinde »»
Aug 7, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Miyomiyooo »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

105 by averagecupofjo »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.