Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 1, 2013 9:37 AM

Jan 2013
Ugh...I love Nyaruko...but we need some kissing here!
Jul 1, 2013 10:06 AM

Aug 2011
antonn said:
Cyclone.

Joker.
Jul 1, 2013 11:12 AM
Aug 2010
IZEROII said:
Where is my confession and/or kiss Mahiro!!!!

If you didn't like S1 why the hell would you watch S2...

I total agree with you , there is no point to have a second season when there is no development especial romance .

For me I will give it 5\10
Jul 1, 2013 11:34 AM
Jan 2011
too boring
Jul 1, 2013 11:51 AM

Jun 2012
aw454wtr said:
I don't get why so many people bash Mahiro, It refreshing to get a rare male tsundere, with the tons of female tsundere's who physically abuse the male lead while being just as blockheaded when it comes to romance

It's not really refreshing when the romance is so disappointing. It was a novel idea, a tsundere male lead and an ecchi female lead, but with a few tweaks this show could have been much funnier.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 1, 2013 11:56 AM

Sep 2009
aw454wtr said:
I don't get why so many people bash Mahiro, It refreshing to get a rare male tsundere, with the tons of female tsundere's who physically abuse the male lead while being just as blockheaded when it comes to romance
It's fine that he's tsundere, but there needs to be progression from tsun to dere for him to actually be tsundere.
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence...”
Jul 1, 2013 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
"Elementary schoolers are the best!" Nice Ro-Kyu-Bu reference there. xD

Booo, still no conclusion to the romance. No kiss, nothing. Pretty amusing second season though. I can't really decide if I think it's better or worse than the first season. So I'll give it the same! 7/10.

Jul 1, 2013 1:40 PM

May 2013
I blame Xebec greediness for the lack of romantic progress, same thing happened in Kanokon (which is very similar to Nyaruko, sans the references), they even got a couple of OVAs after the first (and only) season and there was zero advancement (romantic or otherwise). Here they got a second season where they could have added some real fondling (how come only Kunne gets her paws on some flesh), a kiss and maybe a baby scare (Mahiro's SAN points would have reached new lows) but the progress was so small you need a microscope to measure it. The jokes were good but they forgot this is a romantic comedy, without romance the formula is lacking, is like a glass of soda without the glass, it does not hold together magically.
Jul 1, 2013 2:47 PM

Jun 2012
mangamuscle said:
I blame Xebec greediness for the lack of romantic progress, same thing happened in Kanokon (which is very similar to Nyaruko, sans the references), they even got a couple of OVAs after the first (and only) season and there was zero advancement (romantic or otherwise). Here they got a second season where they could have added some real fondling (how come only Kunne gets her paws on some flesh), a kiss and maybe a baby scare (Mahiro's SAN points would have reached new lows) but the progress was so small you need a microscope to measure it. The jokes were good but they forgot this is a romantic comedy, without romance the formula is lacking, is like a glass of soda without the glass, it does not hold together magically.

Maybe they thought that season 2 would sell like season 1 did and they could add some romance in season 3. However, the disc sales are somewhat disappointing so far and season 3 may never be greenlit.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 1, 2013 3:07 PM

May 2013
shigeru212 said:
Maybe they thought that season 2 would sell like season 1 did and they could add some romance in season 3. However, the disc sales are somewhat disappointing so far and season 3 may never be greenlit.

Sadly if they had luck (like no good shows at all in the spring season) and season 2 sales were good enough for season 3, they would have repeated the formula and maybe even add LESS progress so they had room for a season 4, greedy bastards >_< As things stand now, we will be lucky beyond comprehension if we get an OVA (which would have to go full ecchi to make people interested enough to buy it).
Jul 1, 2013 4:53 PM

Aug 2011
Enjoyable overall. I thought the show had a slow start but it quickly gained momentum. There's less emphasis on romance but Nyaruko's lust in still in abundance. However, I'm not complaining since I started to enjoy Kuuko's performance more. Of course, her dates with Mahiro were the highlight of the series for me as Nyaruko temporarily takes a backseat. OP and ED were very good, I greatly prefer them compared to the first series. I especially love Kuuko's ED.
7/10.
Jul 1, 2013 5:11 PM

Mar 2013
What's up with those endings in this season.. such weak last episodes =l
Jul 1, 2013 6:41 PM

May 2013
This season wasn't great as the first one, the kind of episodes you just watch and ok, but was a good last episode.
Jul 2, 2013 7:02 AM

Feb 2013
I really hope that there will be a season 3 of this. Loved this episode
Jul 2, 2013 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
mangamuscle said:
Xebec's greed is not as bad as that of Kyoani just look at Chuunibyou they had such a nice build up to the end but they completely ruined the ending just because they wanted a second season.
I bet the director was crying when they told him to change the ending so they could make a second season, and i really feel sorry for him.
Jul 2, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2009
Well... at least it progressed a bit this season (better than not at all). Mahiro has finally eaten Nyaruko's cooking now for the first time, and Cthuko's relationship with Mahiro has improved a lot. :3

Cthuko has also accepted Mahiro and Nyaruko's relationship now ~~~~~
Jul 3, 2013 2:38 AM

Aug 2010
I never really liked Mahiro to begin with, but after this episode, he only cemented himself as the absolute lowest, worst male lead I have seen in a long time. You know what? He is actually a sadist and derives joy from crushing Nyaruko's heart at every opportunity he can. I'm just going to believe this from now on.

Anyway, it wasn't a very strong ending, but the second season wasn't as enjoyable for me as the first season anyway. 3/5 for the episode and a 6/10 for the season.
Jul 4, 2013 6:05 AM

May 2013
more season please :3
Jul 4, 2013 8:15 AM

Nov 2010
Ok, season 2 was really bad. if they ever wanna do a third season, please completely change the whole thing or don't do it at all.
5/10
Jul 4, 2013 5:23 PM

Dec 2011
They went out with a bang again. Hahaha. Lol at the robot, based on Nyaruko! Hahaha. Somebody bring out a third season for this!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2013 9:49 AM

Jun 2011
Decent episode. Gonna love all those references. But the entire season had too much sad Nyarko so it gets lower score.
Jul 5, 2013 12:02 PM
Mar 2013
I love this show even it's not perfect. Mashiro's is still stubborn as usual but finally his tsundere attitude melted, which seems, in my opinion, still not as flexible as he should be,though.
By the way, I wonder why and for what the Anime production introduced the talking cyclone cleaner even twice. Will it have a more important role when an OVA or next season comes?
htsujiJul 5, 2013 12:14 PM
Jul 6, 2013 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
I think the first season was better then this, this season felt odd.. infact I didnt even know Shantak-kun was freaking female lol.

Im hoping for a 3rd season with a better end anyways
Jul 7, 2013 12:30 PM
May 2012
MC is still annoying but it was still quite enjoyable.
Jul 7, 2013 11:09 PM

Jun 2008
Typical ending.

Mahiro is still an unbearable MC.

Nyaruko is still annoying for her inexplicable love for someone who has the personality of a door nob.

And even though I do get a few laughs out of this anime, too many times it's just too silly for my tastes.

I very generous 5/10
Jul 7, 2013 11:57 PM

Mar 2012
First season was better
Jul 8, 2013 2:32 PM

Oct 2011
This season wasn't really that good compared to season 1.. but Nyaruko keeps it funny and awsome..8/10 overall
Jul 10, 2013 8:54 AM

May 2011
A pretty weak last episodes..But i enjoyed the season overall so i'll give it a 8/10.

Compared to the first season, the randomness is still there and i don't think there's much progress on the relationship, but at least we got to see more of kuuko's character development, and more kuuko is always <3 though i was hoping for a kiss scene, but it didn't happen :(

Oh they've got some pretty nice ED songs there too

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 14, 2013 7:41 AM

Apr 2011
Aw...they should've ask for a kiss from him. It would been better that way.

An enjoyable season but a mediocre ending. 7/10
Jul 15, 2013 5:25 AM

Jun 2013
I seriously don't get the people who are like "I had to finish watching it, to complete"; you are not working on the next Mona Lisa or Taj Mahal. Nothing will come off it if you don't complete. You act if the world revolves around you, and if you don't complete watching this show the earth will be destroyed. I must watch.

Its not that hard, I saw a handful of shows this season and ever season that I can't stand and I stop watching them. Hell , even if a show is okay, not bad I still won't force myself to watch.

Also how daft do you have to be not get these jokes. For christ sake, even if you throw out the Lovecraft stuff, this show references recently running anime that I can't see how you folks that must keep your completion percentages missed.

"Grade Schoolers are the best" -> aka "Elementary school girls are the best" -> aka major controversy in Japan over Ro Kyu Bu and a t shirt; was one that I thought was particularly

And just to stop you before you start, any comments made back to me regarding my criticism of you [if you are one of those offended] will simply be an example of hypocrisy so don't even bother.
Jul 15, 2013 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
Not a bad season but I agree probably not as strong as the first. Also lawls at the still Mahiro hate, he ate her cooking, had a few touching moments in my opinion, and the blush at the end ya, also if I recall he said he didn't out right hate her. Double standards, a lot of you wouldn't care if he was female. Maybe I"m just old enough to understand things from another point of view. Shrugs

People seem to forget that she basically came into the show throwing herself at him, ya unless your a single desperate guy, that only thinks with his manhood, I'm sure you can understand where he is coming from. I do agree that he needs more development though, but meh we saw chutko development and a new character in her cousin. Also here is hoping for Season 3, since the light novel iis on going, I bet the moment Mahiro does kiss Nyarko, MAL fans will probably overload.
Jul 16, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2010
Like previous season this one was also an enjoyable ride.... Filled with awesome references....

Final Episode - 4/5

Series - 7/10
Jul 21, 2013 2:31 AM

Nov 2012
last episode :3
finally it is end :3 kinda sad.. well at least it has a happy ending :3

:3
Jul 21, 2013 11:07 AM
May 2012
Still the same as last season but a bit more enjoyable. Though a little bit of character development and the ending's pretty not helping much.

7/10.
Jul 24, 2013 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
If the little fag replace loli and remove the flying hippo, it would win the millennium. Nyaruko-san is very cute.
Aug 2, 2013 7:23 PM

May 2012
Pretty funny and just really nice reference with some great voice acting of Wakamoto Norio as a vacuum cleaner! Well he sure is the Nr.1 Character in this anime :p

Quite a proper ending, lots of fanservices and puns so well it sure managed to entertain me for the 12 episodes!
Aug 8, 2013 8:43 PM

May 2013
I wont forget this anime :D. Hoping for another season and <3 i fell in love in Nyaruko hahaha
Aug 9, 2013 1:00 PM

Jun 2012
It was better than the first season. Kuuko became moe and Mahiro seemed a little less gay.

6/10
Aug 24, 2013 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
So i understand that this anime was a bunch of Lovecraft stories put together and made to look cute...xD NVM that. This anime was really fun to watch. Although its definitely not for everyone. =) Just saying that because a lot of people are arguing whether its good or not. No need to finish it if you dont like it. =)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2013 5:33 AM

Aug 2013
Saraph said:
Kami_no_Kage said:
Lol, if you guys hate it that much, just don't watch it.

What a poor argument. I think I said enough.

Kami_no_Kage said:
As for me, I loved this season. Tons of mindless comedy and funny references. Sometimes that's all a show needs. 8/10

Some us love it, some of us hate it. Don't be cocky with your opinion. You have no right to tell anyone how to rate just because of your subjective opinion.

I don't think that's a poor argument, rather a sentence to stop the argument. Its true that if you dont like it then stop half way and just drop it. =) Rather then finishing watching something you hate and then go bitch about how bad it it. =)
And how was that cocky? Same can be said about your comment as well then. =)
Sep 17, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2012
So many arguments around here. I'm with the ones who hated this. IMO worse than first season. I recognize quite a few reference but the comedy just didn't get to me and so majority of the episodes bored me.

6/10
Sep 28, 2013 4:45 PM

Mar 2011
dury said:
The Mahiro character has got to be the most awful dislikable male character in anime, and I've watched rape and NTR hentai...

Someone hasn't seen To-Love Ru...
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Oct 19, 2013 1:38 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

An anime that has its charismatic characters, but poorly characterized and exploited in such a manner so different. While we Nyaruko and Kuuko that are the highlights, the rest is left behind and little used, to a maximum number or brief appearances! Really a shame! D:
Simply advancing plot that too without spending anything more, not just entertain. Narrative comedy could be exploited in different ways. Design cute and very expressive, but this is not enough to make you laugh forever. Good animations and scenarios fit for purpose!
Unfortunately I am forced to give a vote to a maximum of 6/10!
I hope to review Nyaruko & Company in a third season! : D
Oct 24, 2013 8:11 AM

May 2012
My rating is 8/10. It could be better if Mahiro is a better character, and personally i don't think he deserve those 3 girls. He didn't do anything worth to be admire. Well at least that's what i think..Season 3 would be great though.

BTW, Cthuko is the best girl in the series. XD
Jan 23, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2013
To be honest, I agree with the others that the Mahiro bashing is too much. Mahiro is a male tsundere. It is clear from the show that he does like Nyarko (or at least becoming more conscious of her now) however her straightforward and over-the-top approach is scaring him off. Almost all of his comments toward her can be seen as a variation of "it's not like I like you, idiot!".

And unlike other tsunderes, he does have a legitimate reason for hitting her as someone said before. She literally comes to his room everyday trying to force him to make babies with her and all of her interactions with him basically consists of "I love you, so please make babies with me". If it weren't for his fork skills, chances are that he would have been raped by her a long time ago. In fact I remember a scene from the 1st season where Nyarko snuck into Mahiro's hotel room while the group was on vacation. The scene ended with Nyarko chuckling evilly and leaning down for a kiss while Mahiro had a look of sheer horror on his face. I was left feeling uneasy for Mahiro when the episode ended. However, when I checked the forums, almost everybody was cheering for Nyarko, saying how they hoped she succeeded. There were even people bashing Mahiro for backing out in the next episode, when it showed Nyarko pinned to the bed against the wall. As if it wasn't alright for him to resist attempted rape. This is a clear case of double standards. If Mahiro was the girl and Nyarko was the boy and Nyarko attempted to do the same thing, I'm sure a lot of people would have bashed her. However, we forgive Nyarko because she's cute ad bash Mahiro for being completely reasonable just because he's a boy.

Keep in mind too, that the cute girl we're looking at is not Nyarko's true form. Her true form is a slimy, tentacle monster that causes anyone looking at it to go insane. Mahiro knows that. He is a fan of Lovecraft and has read all his books. He knows fully well what Nyarko truly is and this is making him hesitate as well. When Cuuko declares that she wants Mahiro to bear her babies, Mahiro freaks out because he knows that with her it might actually be possible. Part of the reason why he rejects her so strongly I suspect, is because he realizes that if he does take Nyarko up on her offer and she does lose her control he'll end up on the wrong side of a tentacle rape.

Mahiro's behavior overall is actually pretty reasonable. In fact, the only thing that might not be is that he actually is falling for Nyarko, though it helps that she looks like a normal girl for the most part. In terms of male protagonists he, while not being the best, is certainly not the worst and is overall quite decent.

Now enough about that.

About the season itself, while it was somewhat enjoyable, I really didn't find it to be that great. To be honest, I found the first season more enjoyable (probably because I got most of the references there). This season however was still quite decent so I'm going to give it a 7/10.
Feb 24, 2014 3:12 AM

Jul 2008
Not sure what changed, but this season was hard for me to get through. It took me almost a year to finish it. I liked the first season, but I don't think I laughed more than a handful of times this season.

I didn't really get any of the references, so a lot of the humor went over my head. There were a lot of characters that got more screen time than I would have liked, too (The mom, Shanta, Cthune).
Feb 25, 2014 2:12 AM
Mar 2013
The middle episodes were the best in my opinion. Overall I prefer the first season but this season had some good laughs.

The soundtrack was also better in this sequel. Mahiro finally ate Nyaruko's cooking!! I wish they would just get together already, and I was disappointed there was no further development between those two.
Feb 25, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
*Sigh of relief* Thought we were actually going to have a serious last episode for a second there. Instead we get the usual ridiculously amusing punchlines and foreshadows.

Mahiro finally ate her cooking. Yay.

An ok second season. Mahiro showed more of his dere side and Kuuko's relationship with him went off the roof so there were character developments. Wouldn't mind a 3rd season.

7/10
Apr 8, 2014 2:42 AM

Feb 2013
"Grade schoolers are awesome" Damn, that made me laugh!

Railgun reference? There was a lot lighting at one point.

This episode went from serious to goofy quickly. Not that I mind.

This season had a lot less fight than the first season. Overall I liked it! I would like a season 3!
Nano1124Apr 8, 2014 2:56 AM
May 20, 2014 6:41 PM

Mar 2014
Great season 2!
The Two Guiders looks like from Egypt.
So Their are many Nodens!?
Banshins have remote control !!! (oh its just a starter i guess)
"Grade schoolers are awesome" .. Flag raised.
Robot love all the way!
Nice trio! *pat* .
Nice Anime Needs more seasons!!!. :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2013

119 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:49 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2013

113 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:47 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

91 by bezardo »»
Aug 9, 2022 6:53 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2013

59 by LadyLeeMing »»
May 7, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2013

70 by WNightfall »»
Oct 11, 2021 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.