Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2013 2:56 AM
Apr 2012
Ending was so so. Spring Anime is done. At least for me.
Lets see what summer has in store! :)
Jul 1, 2013 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
8/10 for me. The slice of life from episode 4 onwards was below average, but the other themes and whalesquid issue was good.

One thing that irks me is that these 2 mechas are so tanky in the final fight, but disintegrate in 1 shot from the battle in episode 1.

Susei no gargantia share some themes with Psycho Pass, such as the importance of making your own decisions and choices. It even borrows a city backdrop from Psycho pass in one of the earlier episodes.

Final verdict, good and worth watching, but not quite up to the level of "Amazing and epic"
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jul 1, 2013 3:21 AM

Jan 2013
Last episode was ok, but I still think the first three episodes promised something better. It somehow had the feeling of the movie Waterworld just way better, and mixed with a language barrier problem and a complete new world for Ledo to explore with him from a "hightech" civilization stranded on an ancient world, but after the first three episodes the anime somehow drifted away from all the nice possibilities it had to be unique.

Anyway for me it will be probably an 8/10, but it could have been the best anime of the season if they would have kept the feeling of the first episodes.
Jul 1, 2013 3:23 AM

May 2012
Great series! I already miss chamber.
I think the only thing holding back Suisei no Gargantia was the side-characters. Ledo + Chamber were pretty great but I didn't really care much for the others. Except maybe Pinion, what a guy.
Jul 1, 2013 3:51 AM

Jul 2008
Sad to see Chamber go but the series was fairly enjoyable in my opinion. There will definitely not be a second season with the way the series ends but at least we will have episode 14 in the future :D
Jul 1, 2013 3:56 AM

Jan 2012
Mich666 said:
Great ending episode with epic music and action! Now we know where all budget went.

To imply this show was low budget before this is borderline ignorant. Just because it didn't have enough pewpew for you plebians doesn't make it cheap.
Jul 1, 2013 3:58 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty good series although it was somewhat slow in the middle, the beginning and ending episodes were the most entertaining ones to watch (probably due to the nice action). Sucks that Chamber is gone and i wonder if they're planning a season 2.

8.5/10
Jul 1, 2013 4:14 AM

Oct 2009
Chamber noooooo! :'(

Great series, i came for some cool mecha action, but stay for SoL. Either way the characters, the world, OST, animation was done perfectly, enjoyed it a lot! Though the ending was so-so..

Here's hoping for a proper ending with the OVA.

8/10
Jul 1, 2013 4:17 AM

May 2010
Too bad Chamber is destroyed
Jul 1, 2013 4:36 AM

Jun 2008
Wordsmith said:
In the end, Chamber was a fucking BRObot. RIP Chamber, you will be missed.

A true bro and hero. Tully a brobot. You will be remembered forever Chamber. You where an A.I's, A.I, lol.

I don't get all the disappointment by many. It was a very decent 13 episode series. Most series are worse than this and especially those with little episodes. I get the feeling that people expected this to be some over-epic story that needed a lot more episodes to be created or simply had some really gory dramatic expectations because they knew who was co-writing
MonadJul 1, 2013 4:40 AM
Jul 1, 2013 4:42 AM

Jul 2010
Chamber for best girl! T_T

Overall this series was great. Shame we won't see more of Ledo living on Gargantia though! 8/10.

Jul 1, 2013 5:07 AM
Jul 2018

Aww. Chamber. ;____;
"Go to hell, tin can!" Nice word from Yunboro. :3
That ending with Amy and Ledo.
Jul 1, 2013 5:11 AM

Jan 2008
Guren Lagann
LOL.
Jul 1, 2013 5:20 AM

Oct 2007
Chamber was EPIC but sad that he destroyed himself with Striker.
Its was a good end to a great show.

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2013 5:37 AM

Jan 2010
Go to hell, oil can!

Without doubt the best phrase of all pro anime best anime character, Chamber was the highlight of the series, I was sad when he sacrificed himself; __;

A great end, although no one has died, which is kind of rare when dealing Urobuchi, but even that was enjoyable despite the tone of Hollywood role. Pinion between two hot, damn u-u

Give to have a second season, but I think highly unlikely, which is sad, give to have a good development of various characters there. A series that va be missed. 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jul 1, 2013 6:08 AM

Jul 2010
It was... good. Nothing spectacular though; it was pretty tame for an Urobutcher story. 7/10

P.S. Dat "kutabare buriki yarou" line was such a waste for a robot voice... for a Gin-san voice nonetheless.
BigbuffoonJul 1, 2013 6:13 AM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jul 1, 2013 6:13 AM
Dec 2010
A solid 8/10. I really like this show. The most solid show in all aspects this entire season. Everything in this show is just so tight and perfectly knitted together. 2 thumbs up.
Jul 1, 2013 6:17 AM

Oct 2011
Noooooooo Chamber
Jul 1, 2013 6:19 AM

Nov 2010
Great end to a fantastic series
Chamber is a bro as Iskander

We shall remember your heroic deeds!
Jul 1, 2013 6:30 AM

Mar 2011
I loved this anime. I didn't want it too end. The story was amazing, the characters were brilliant, and I can't think of a single negative thing about it. I just really enjoyed it from start to finish.

I want to say a excellent ending to an excellent anime, but Chamber :'(.

Chamber was the best character for me, They had better make a season 2 and show that he survived that :(.

I need more :(.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jul 1, 2013 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
Copy and paste from a comment I posted in News Board:

This series is a curious thing because it seems to want to take on quite many themes and at times it seems to be not sure what it is trying to do or go. However, I remember reading an interview with the producer and the director and they said one main theme is about young people having first contact with the society and learn about joy of life and work there. And I think at the end it sticks close to that theme. Of course there are quite a few other themes around too but I feel contented that that theme about growth and life is highlighted at the end. Also, the world design like the retro science, cranky ships/machines, azure sea and blue sky always give me a strong Miyazaki vibe. This, combined with the theme about going to society and learning about life and work, prompts me (and some fans in Japan) to see it as a kind of Miyazaki style anime tuned up for youngsters (instead of kids) -- and viewed in that perspective I think this series can be considered as a success despite its flaws.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 1, 2013 7:47 AM

Oct 2012
Stairway to Heaven? Angel Beats anyone? xD
Well Urobuchi-sensei did kill one of the MC :(
AmyxLedo!!!
And new pair PinionxRackage!!

@ end, it's Chamber right?
I loved him too, especially when he said his last words "Go to hell, Metalhead!"
It's funny because he's metalhead too :D

bastek66 said:
Winners of contest

From pixiv? I need link!!

AoiMizu said:
Here, high quality of end card..

Thank you random.. um person? xD

Onyxthegreat said:
Chamber for best girl! T_T
Shame we won't see more of Ledo living on Gargantia though!

Uh, girl?
Then we need OVAs!!

Bigbuffoon said:
P.S. Dat "kutabare buriki yarou" line was such a waste for a robot voice... for a Gin-san voice nonetheless.

With Gintoki's voice it'll be epic xD

symbv said:
Copy and paste from a comment I posted in News Board:

This series is a curious thing because it seems to want to take on quite many themes and at times it seems to be not sure what it is trying to do or go. However, I remember reading an interview with the producer and the director and they said one main theme is about young people having first contact with the society and learn about joy of life and work there. And I think at the end it sticks close to that theme. Of course there are quite a few other themes around too but I feel contented that that theme about growth and life is highlighted at the end. Also, the world design like the retro science, cranky ships/machines, azure sea and blue sky always give me a strong Miyazaki vibe. This, combined with the theme about going to society and learning about life and work, prompts me (and some fans in Japan) to see it as a kind of Miyazaki style anime tuned up for youngsters (instead of kids) -- and viewed in that perspective I think this series can be considered as a success despite its flaws.

Yes this is so inspiring me.. For watching more anime xD
Don't forget the backgrounds too, it's beautiful :)
"Signature removed"
Jul 1, 2013 7:50 AM

May 2013
Fai said:

This will go down as the BEST quote of this anime year.

^This. R.I.P. Chamber K6821. Best A.I. Mecha ever.

Random thoughts:
Pinion ends up with Lukkage.
Amy almost died flying in the air during the mecha fight.
Heaven's Ladder is pretty powerful.

I am going to miss Ledo and Chamber...
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 1, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2011
GDL-URAHARA said:
Guren Lagann
LOL.
[url=http://imgur.com/fyccFV8.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/fyccFV8l.jpg[img][url]

Mazinger Z says hi...
Jul 1, 2013 7:54 AM

Oct 2012
Fireego said:
Fai said:

This will go down as the BEST quote of this anime year.

Pinion ends up with Lukkage.
Heaven's Ladder is pretty powerful.

I am going to miss Ledo and Chamber...

It's metalhead not tin can
PinionxRackage I can see it already
It's Stairway to Heaven!!
Lol.. Well, it's different subs

Who doesn't? I really hoped they hug at the end at least.. I'm dissapointed :(
"Signature removed"
Jul 1, 2013 7:59 AM

Jun 2010
i've been enjoying this since the series start to progress until this Epic finale. One of the best show this season.
*funny to see Chamber with half of his head xD...i'll be missing him...
8/10
Jul 1, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2010
So everybody put aside their differences and united to defeat the common enemy.... :D

Anyway.... A Good ending to a Good series.... Btw Chamber FTW......

8/10
Jul 1, 2013 8:08 AM

Jan 2010
Ray_Light said:

Who doesn't? I really hoped they hug at the end at least.. I'm disappointed :(

Same here! At least they holding hand and walk away together with blushing face~

Jul 1, 2013 8:14 AM

Aug 2012
Great ending on a great anime, I feel a bit sad over Chamber's death tho D:
Jul 1, 2013 8:21 AM
Dec 2012
Honestly shat myself that there was going to be an Urobutcher when Amy showed in in the middle of that mecha fight...

Thankfully it didnt happen ^_^

One of the best series I've seen in a while!
Jul 1, 2013 8:26 AM
Apr 2011
OMG, why Chamber must die....
Chamber is the reason i wath this Anime....
Very good anime and very good ending too...
I give this Anime 9/10 because of chamber have to die...
Jul 1, 2013 8:47 AM

Sep 2008
"Go to hell, Tin can". I love you Chamber! :D
Jul 1, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 2013
Great ending! I' gave the series a 9, for a good story, character development, and art.
Jul 1, 2013 10:34 AM

Aug 2012
RIP Chamber, we love you! ;'(

Anyway, great ending ^-^
Jul 1, 2013 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
"Go to hell, tin can!" RIP Chamber

Great ending with Ledo embracing the everyday life alongside Amy <3 I hope the special is just pure fanservice with some romance between Ledo&Amy (maybe a kiss?) Bring it.

8/10
Jul 1, 2013 11:06 AM

Jun 2010
NOOO, CHAMBER! BEST ROBOT EVER. I guess he got Urobutchered.... Sugita so BA even in a robot form!

The Ledo x Amy was kinda lame tbh. The series didn't really provide nearly enough development for the two of them. The romance between them was kind of non-existent until the last episode. Well, of course except Amy since we knew that he had a crush on Ledo.

Is there a possibility of season two? Because we still don't know shit about the Hideauze yet except that they were once human. But Chamber is dead so I guess there won't be any season two. Would really love if they enlightened us more about the Hideauze in this series.

Overall, 7/10. The series was great. The plot twist was epic. I didn't even consider that those aliens were humans. But I didn't really enjoy it that much because of those mediocre dramas. I did not like the direction it took after episode two. Still a great series and one of the better series this season. Deserves a score of seven.

P.S
Chamber fired off his beam straight into Striker. I'm sure Rika is overjoyed.
Jul 1, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
CHHHHHHHHHHHAMMMMMMMMMMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Jul 1, 2013 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
Marow said:
This series started so fantastic. Then it did a 180 and became something entirely different, and worse, in the second half. When we saw that the Hideauze were actually humans my hopes came back. But no, instead the series completely ditched that topic in favor of... some random cult?

What the heck happened with you, Gargantia? Even your message is muddled.

5/10

I couldn't have put it much better myself really. The series had so much wasted potential it hurts.

In all honestly it is probably one of the worst series I've seen in a while (come at me fanboys)
XavierxenonJul 1, 2013 11:44 AM

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Jul 1, 2013 11:22 AM

Oct 2011
Best character - Best man of the series => Chamber
Amy and Ledo didn't do anything which kinda disappoint me.
Fun series overall, I enjoyed it.
8/10
Signature
Jul 1, 2013 11:28 AM
May 2013
-MgZ_ said:
NOOO, CHAMBER! BEST ROBOT EVER. I guess he got Urobutchered.... Sugita so BA even in a robot form!

The Ledo x Amy was kinda lame tbh. The series didn't really provide nearly enough development for the two of them. The romance between them was kind of non-existent until the last episode. Well, of course except Amy since we knew that he had a crush on Ledo.

WHAT? DIDN`t PROVIDE? The whole story from the beggining provide this romance. Look at episode where Ledo wanted Amy to dance for him, also Amy trying to help Ledo to fit into Gargantia society. This is lame? Seriously why people doesn`t like Amy?
Jul 1, 2013 11:42 AM

Jun 2010
Colascka said:
-MgZ_ said:

WHAT? DIDN`t PROVIDE? The whole story from the beggining provide this romance. Look at episode where Ledo wanted Amy to dance for him, also Amy trying to help Ledo to fit into Gargantia society. This is lame? Seriously why people doesn`t like Amy?

It was a pretty one sided romance. Ledo didn't view Amy as a romance partner back then. He had zero feelings for her. Ledo didn't even said that he likes Amy. He just said that he wants to be with her. Maybe he just want to stay with her because Amy teaches him "how to live". Not much people likes Amy because she has zero strong points. She's just a useless little girl.
Jul 1, 2013 11:51 AM

Jul 2007
-MgZ_ said:
Colascka said:
-MgZ_ said:

It was a pretty one sided romance. Ledo didn't view Amy as a romance partner back then. He had zero feelings for her. Ledo didn't even said that he likes Amy. He just said that he wants to be with her. Maybe he just want to stay with her because Amy teaches him "how to live". Not much people likes Amy because she has zero strong points. She's just a useless little girl.

Yeah, he totally did not see her as romance partner. That must be why he stuck around her, asked her to dance for him and ended up shifting his whole reason of fighting towards protecting HER. totally not into her...
Jul 1, 2013 12:11 PM

Jul 2011
CHAMBEEEEEER TT^TT !
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Jul 1, 2013 12:15 PM

Mar 2012
Very slow start, not Gen Urobuchi's best work; still enjoyed it though

9/10
Jul 1, 2013 12:24 PM

Jun 2010
Fai said:
-MgZ_ said:
Colascka said:
-MgZ_ said:

Yeah, he totally did not see her as romance partner. That must be why he stuck around her, asked her to dance for him and ended up shifting his whole reason of fighting towards protecting HER. totally not into her...

We are talking about before he realizes that he wants to protect her.... right?....
Jul 1, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
Chamber is the man.

Can't think of a better ending. A real nice job wrapping the story up.
Jul 1, 2013 12:37 PM
Feb 2012
When watching the very first episode, I certainly wouldn't have expected for the series to end the way it did. Gargantia needed some time to pick up its pace but once it did, it became awesome in more than just one way. Chamber, of all beings, managed to win my heart and my respect. Farewell, old metalhead.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 1, 2013 12:38 PM
May 2013
-MgZ_ said:
Colascka said:
-MgZ_ said:

What do you mean by usseles? She didn`t do nothing through whole show? Not like working, nursing her ill bro, convincing people to trust Ledo, mediate between him and Gargantia, helping him to assimilate to society or finding a job or answers to his questions, care for him, save him from a bunch of transvestites, save also Melty`s life while she were falling, and finally giving Gargantia signals to blast off, which was extremally dangerous, but heck- beside this she was petty usseles thou. What kind of man would fall for a kind girl, who cares for him, help him understand this completly strange sorroundings? Because in anime useful female=badass, kick ass, not crying. Yeah certainly world is still under tsundere control.
Also didn`t u see while the episode 6 when Ledo cover Amy with his own body to protect her and later realize that his hand is on her shoulder he BLUSHED? It was the first and only time when he actually blushed. And even before the first time he smiled and said "Thank you" was when Amy showed up. Later we see him smilling more often and most of time when he is with her. And among whole the people he met on earth, in his last moment he remains of Amy and wanted to see her again and even cry, but heck its doesn`t probably prove that he loves her, right?
Jul 1, 2013 12:51 PM

Jan 2011
6.5/10
Jul 1, 2013 12:52 PM

Jun 2010
Colascka said:
Hmmm.. Well, not really useless... More like powerless...

I don't know man. If you are convinced that Ledo really loves Amy then good for you. I just can't see it that way. I've seen a lot of romance. I've seen better and I have also seen worse.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.