Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 3, 2013 8:56 AM

Jan 2011
this is hillarous
May 3, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 2013
Slicer22 said:
This show mostly reminds me of Guilty Crown because it manages to make me grit my teeth in annoyance at the story/writing/characters (quicker to say most things) quite a lot, but even though it pisses me off quite often it still somehow manages to be entertaining. It is a train wreck for sure but it is another entertaining train wreck just like Guilty Crown and i can safely say i will probably finish watching it all the way to the end.
couldn't have said it any better.. the characterization is awful, and every emotional scenes from the MC make me cringe.. sure its entertaining, but goddamn it sucks.
May 3, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
shanimebib said:
rioraze said:
bastek66 said:

HAHAHA that was unexpected but funny.

This anime wouldn't be half as entertaining if you aren't watching gg subs lol.

Yes cause blatantly inaccurate subs are so hilarious and totally help you get a real grasp of what's actually going on and being said.

No seriously the show itself does plenty fine at mixing action and tongue in cheek bits that I don't need their rather obvious 4chan inspired "comedy and liberties" to "enhance" the vibe of the show. That's just never been what anime has been about for me and how I feel it is best watched. I didn't like it back in the 90's when American dubbing companies hacked up and censored the crap out of shows with Americanized scripts and inserted some of their own punny lines and I don't care for it when gg does it either. I've long since switched to horriblesubs for my actual long term impressions on the show.-

If you think their subs are inaccurate you need to go learn Japanese. The person who subs this show is also subbing 1/3 the shows this season. Lol @ People liking literal subs.
TyrelMay 3, 2013 10:18 AM
May 3, 2013 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
I lol'd.. when Shoko talk about being an independant country and students are like:

"We're gonna run our own country?"
"That sounds fun."

This series should add the tag comedy to it its hilarious.
May 3, 2013 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
Valvrave is so silly that I love it.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 3, 2013 11:03 AM

Nov 2007
OfficialGuts said:
I lol'd.. when Shoko talk about being an independant country and students are like:

"We're gonna run our own country?"
"That sounds fun."

This series should add the tag comedy to it its hilarious.

This is already one of the best pieces of entertainment in years! I dunno whether they really wanted to make a serious anime or just make a comedy. Either way, it has great entertainment value.
Tyrel said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
shanimebib said:
rioraze said:
bastek66 said:

Yes cause blatantly inaccurate subs are so hilarious and totally help you get a real grasp of what's actually going on and being said.

No seriously the show itself does plenty fine at mixing action and tongue in cheek bits that I don't need their rather obvious 4chan inspired "comedy and liberties" to "enhance" the vibe of the show. That's just never been what anime has been about for me and how I feel it is best watched. I didn't like it back in the 90's when American dubbing companies hacked up and censored the crap out of shows with Americanized scripts and inserted some of their own punny lines and I don't care for it when gg does it either. I've long since switched to horriblesubs for my actual long term impressions on the show.-

If you think their subs are inaccurate you need to go learn Japanese. The person who subs this show is also subbing 1/3 the shows this season. Lol @ People liking literal subs.

Everyone is entitled to enjoy whatever they want. [gg]'s subs for this is pretty terrible. But the show itself is pretty terrible, so I am just watching theirs. And honestly, the show is pretty enjoyable with their blatant attempt to make Haruto look cool by adding F words in his dialogues. Oh yeah, they made sure Shoko is a bitch, too. Properly Americanized? lol. Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying this!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2013 11:10 AM

Feb 2011
ERU ERUFU's laugh xD
May 3, 2013 11:17 AM

Nov 2007
Tyrel said:

I should also add that being the same translator for 20+ shows doesn't mean that the subtitles would be of same calibre. After all, the initial translations are being edited by 'competent' (at least that's what they always claim) editors to keep the flow of language that is being translated to and obviously NOT translated from. I see what they did there in keeping the flow of the language. ;)
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2013 11:28 AM

Nov 2009
Good episode with some nice action towards the end and I liked Shouko's leadership with the independence concept but I wonder how things will progress from here!?

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

May 3, 2013 11:39 AM

Nov 2007
so no one has anything to say about fullmetal alchemist brotherhood's music getting ripped off here?

now listen to every action sequence in the show
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
May 3, 2013 11:41 AM
Aug 2011
This show is ridiculous and yet I can't stop watching.

Lol at the blond guy getting bitchslapped.
May 3, 2013 11:58 AM

Apr 2010
I don't know what to make of this anime somehow it seems to get worse by the minute but it still funny to watch for some reason i can't explain.
Logics or or any attempted to be serious in this anime where thrown out of the window and the came up with a ridiculous story line.
May 3, 2013 12:01 PM

Nov 2007
Aversa said:
I don't know what to make of this anime somehow it seems to get worse by the minute but it still funny to watch for some reason i can't explain.
Logics or or any attempted to be serious in this anime where thrown out of the window and the came up with a ridiculous story line.

All the qualities an anime needs to get Anime of the Year award. ;) (Even though I doubt the quality of award such as that, any credibility it had, lost over the last few years.)
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2013 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
Tyrel said:

I should also add that being the same translator for 20+ shows doesn't mean that the subtitles would be of same calibre. After all, the initial translations are being edited by 'competent' (at least that's what they always claim) editors to keep the flow of language that is being translated to and obviously NOT translated from. I see what they did there in keeping the flow of the language. ;)

Idk about other people, but I enjoy the occasional swears when it suits the characters.
May 3, 2013 12:04 PM

Jan 2010
It's the best show this season! You guys just don't know how to appreciate a properly over-the top anime.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
May 3, 2013 12:08 PM

Nov 2007
Tyrel said:
shanimebib said:
Tyrel said:

Idk about other people, but I enjoy the occasional swears when it suits the characters.

"Suits the character?" Haruto?

Anyways, let's just think this as a pure entertainment. Even though the anime is terrible, I am still rating it as an 8/10 for its pure entertainment value. :)
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2013 12:31 PM

May 2012
Like, even I can tell this show has bad writing, but it just ends up making the show hilarious xD

So, who cares if the creators were trying to make a serious show and suck at it

I'm in it for the laughs, and the people bursting into blood :)

Kaioshin_Sama said:
shanimebib said:
rioraze said:
bastek66 said:

I just want to point out...CR used those exact lines. So, using HS isn't going to change that set of lines.
May 3, 2013 12:56 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa so they plan on being an independent country. Which will save their family. L-Elf prediction got messed up due to Shoko. But probably in the end his prediction will come true. I wonder if Shoko has the power that defies L-Elf prediction? Next week we find out how they will survivor due to limited power source, maybe even food and water etc.
May 3, 2013 1:01 PM
Sep 2012
This anime has to be like the worst and best anime at the same time.

It just has the worst one liners ever which make it awesome. But they are one liners. So you know. LOL.
Dreams, tears, and blood.
May 3, 2013 1:19 PM

Aug 2011
Shes so fucking dead after this episode. xD

Probly first one to die for real.. Too cheerful to be a long staying main character.
May 3, 2013 1:22 PM
Mar 2011
They do no need a power source... It is stated that they are on a dyson sphere which means solar powered school module.

Also previews hint at a convenience store having all the necessities they need. I suspect they have enough food for school term as it looks like a boarding school. A school term is probably enough to settle most mecha storylines.

Govt of Sakimori School
Leaders- Student council president
Military Commander- L-Elf
Diplomacy- Shouko
Communications-Akira (Red haired Hikkikomori)
Mechanic-Scientist dude
Entertainent-Saki (Ex-idol) maybe diplomacy too

Other predictions include the other school students being pilots of Valvrave 3-6.
Yankee (Raizo Yamada) ->Valvrave 3 (Big guy usually gets burly mecha)
Kyuma Inuzuka -> Valvrave 5 (Lancer usually gets Blue mecha) (Defensive mecha)
Glases (Yusuke Otamaya) -> Valvrave 4 (Allelujah's Seiyuu) high mobllity mecha
Marie (Kuudere) -> Valvrave 6 (Gender equality, does not seem to have any other purpose in the anime so far, support type character)

Oh man even though the writing is nasty, I am loving this anime for sheer entertainment value......
May 3, 2013 1:23 PM

Jun 2008
It has its bad moments but seriously it is entertaining too

May 3, 2013 2:22 PM

Mar 2013
I'm surprised this anime has been living up to expectations up until now. I love the series so far cause I get this feeling of something bad is about to happen when I watch it. Unpredictable if you ask me! I thought haruto would join L-elf, but what a twist of event!
5/5!

P.S I don't understand how Devil survivor is ranked higher than this anime. Should be ranked a bit higher!
May 3, 2013 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
AbovePsycho said:
I'm surprised this anime has been living up to expectations up until now. I love the series so far cause I get this feeling of something bad is about to happen when I watch it. Unpredictable if you ask me! I thought haruto would join L-elf, but what a twist of event!
5/5!

P.S I don't understand how Devil survivor is ranked higher than this anime. Should be ranked a bit higher!

Devil survivor had a strong opening episode and so did Valvravel, but.. Valvrave just gave you the "Lol Whut" for the next 2 episodes. Devil Survivor sort of did the same thing but it's been going from Good > Okay > Good > Okay > Err...

so on.
May 3, 2013 3:12 PM

Jun 2009
So that's basically:

Suzaku with on-bite Marianne geass;
Lelouch without geass;
Persuasive Shirley in the place of C.C.;

... and a bunch of high-school idiots.

This is average even by mediocre standards.
May 3, 2013 3:33 PM
Sep 2009
bastek66 said:
This writing, man

This fucking made my day!
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
May 3, 2013 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
"It's been so long since I last laughed."
May 3, 2013 4:22 PM

Jul 2008
shanimebib said:
rioraze said:
bastek66 said:

That's the literal line in Japanese there though, not a gg improvisation. (Unlike the brick-in-the-wall swear words they used, like "Fuck you" in place of "You've got to be kidding me.")
May 3, 2013 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
jesus...
i want to punch the translator in the god damn teeth...

and here we fucking go with people bringing up Guilty Crown

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Don't try to pilot Valvrave without her permission or you will literally blow up from the inside!!!

that girl scares me...

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
The armors have different types of attack so it was nice to watch. I guess i am the only one who liked Valvrave's new weapon.............that thing looked AWESOME.

makes me want to get the 1/144 model
May 3, 2013 6:11 PM
Mar 2008
PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

So they did not take account that at the moment the Valvrave takes off to fight in outer space, they will become 300+ hostages forcing to deliver the Valvrave to whoever calls first.

How the module can survive without basic life functions like Water, energy, drainage, food or Air passing through the dyson sphere structure?

Does it have their own thermonuclear reactors to sustain the module, and if they do, who is in charge of keeping up to function the complicated system that includes rotation/translation, temperature, gravity, collision countermeasures and orbit keeping???? (I doubt those otakus know shit about the structure)

And how they are going to organize themselves? Are they going to get bitten by Haruto so he can determine who is more usable than others?

Comedic gold indeed.
May 3, 2013 6:13 PM

Jul 2010
I dont understand ... by removing the module from the other, they lose all the power from the sun right ? How can they survive ? Also, lol at the answer "independant ? sounds fun!". W/e #yolo
May 3, 2013 6:22 PM

Nov 2011
Go10 said:
I dont understand ... by removing the module from the other, they lose all the power from the sun right ? How can they survive ? Also, lol at the answer "independant ? sounds fun!". W/e #yolo

Theoretically the part of each module that faces the sun is covered with solar panels and powers that module. I think the connecting girders were just for structural purposes and travel between modules. Not sure if they serve any other function.
May 3, 2013 6:43 PM
Mar 2011
I think Water (They have a freaking lake), Air (They have loads of trees), Power (what is the point of a dyson sphere without some ways of collecting energy from the sun) and drainage (presumably they have a drainage system in each module which presumably recycles their waste because it is pointless piping over such great distances to a centralised module) are taken care of. Food would be a concern but I suspect the school has enough food for a term as we can assume it is a boarding school and the preview shows signs of a convenience store.

Gravity, Collision are more nonsensical problems to be taken care of.... It is probably incredibly difficult to keep the school module in the correct orbit...... Just get the Valvrave to push it regularly?

I am more worried of the structures that Haruto cut open... Those support structures would have some form of piping or other purpose.... I wonder what happens to the air that will presumably be leaking out.... Guess we can just explain it as internal doors that would close to prevent leaks......

I think the logic of self-sufficiency is quite consistent except for the dangers of the module floating away somewhere. Collision and gravity are my greater concern. Of course nothing is greater than the HUGE ARMIES OF DORUSSIA AND ARUS AT MY DOORSTEP.
May 3, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
Brigandi said:
jesus...
i want to punch the translator in the god damn teeth...

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Don't try to pilot Valvrave without her permission or you will literally blow up from the inside!!!

that girl scares me...

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
The armors have different types of attack so it was nice to watch. I guess i am the only one who liked Valvrave's new weapon.............that thing looked AWESOME.

makes me want to get the 1/144 model

I liked it reminds me of a mix between Gears Lancer (instead of a chainsaw it's a scythe) and it fires needles like the needler from halo.
May 3, 2013 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
Run!!!

May 3, 2013 7:56 PM

Sep 2010
That was beyond retarded, pretty funny tho.
May 3, 2013 8:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
bastek66 said:
wakka9ca said:
-gg interpretation of Moses

It's not gg's he said it.

It's gg's translation that makes it funny. The original didn't sound that funny (I understand Japanese). gg's subs somehow hit on the right string to make me laugh.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 3, 2013 8:30 PM

Apr 2013
Brigandi said:

Jyagan said:
And how they are going to organize themselves? Are they going to get bitten by Haruto so he can determine who is more usable than others?

oh you mean like this? LOL
May 3, 2013 8:35 PM

Oct 2007
bubbleboy352 said:
so no one has anything to say about fullmetal alchemist brotherhood's music getting ripped off here?

You do realize it's literally exact the same composer right? A few songs are obviously going to be similar in style.
May 3, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2008
Well Kaioshin, you should know very few people do their homework around here.

Other than that...the episode combined more self-aware ridiculous events with an interesting turn that is definitely silly but moves the story in a better direction, whether it lasts or not, so I'm still watching.

I have to say the brief mecha action sequence was nice too.
May 3, 2013 9:19 PM

Nov 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:
bubbleboy352 said:

You do realize it's literally exact the same composer right? A few songs are obviously going to be similar in style.

it's the exact same composer? they seriously must not have paid him much if this is all he's putting forward -_-
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
May 3, 2013 9:34 PM

Feb 2013
Even if that Module is self-sufficient (which I highly doubt it is) I don't think 400+ students are going to be disciplined or organized enough to support themselves for very long without them eventually falling apart.
May 3, 2013 9:49 PM

Sep 2011
OfficialGuts said:
oh you mean like this? LOL

haha yeah says the spoiled narrow minded pissant
May 3, 2013 10:14 PM

May 2008
Haha Shouko was awesome this episode . Glad he didnt form an alliance with that L-Elf prick . Though i got a feeling it might just be a matter of time.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 3, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2009
LMAO. MOSES HAHA. troll subs at its finest.
L-elf is right, what they're doing is hilarious.
May 3, 2013 10:37 PM
Mar 2008
So, How many episodes are needed to Haruto to be Sold out by the students in an act of despair?

I say 2,
I hear 3, maybe one?
May 3, 2013 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
Kind of a wonky ep. So we know he can transfer at will and not only in crazy vampire mode, and that no one else can pilot Valvrave... The next few episodes should be amusing, space fighting good, need moar!
May 3, 2013 11:21 PM

May 2012
I guess problems will arise if these bunch of students will make a nation independently.. well, they are just bunch of kids.. But good thing that Elf is with them..

But hands down to the fight scenes.. pretty good to the eyes.
May 4, 2013 12:00 AM

Jul 2012
Pknoctis said:

Weird ass episode. I still can't tell whether I hate this anime, or vaguely tolerate it.

So true.
May 4, 2013 12:33 AM
Jan 2013
do you guys think that shouko just set up a death flag for herself because of that speech
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

676 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.