Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever thought of creating your own anime/manga?

New
Mar 18, 2013 9:54 PM

Feb 2013
Okay, I was walking home earlier today, it's a 30 minute walk, I had nothing to do, so as always I was just thinking about completely random things.
Eventually I thought something across the lines of; If I had the chance to make an anime or manga, what would it be about?

So my question is, have you ever thought of something relatively the same as what I have described above? Also, if you were given the chance to create an anime/manga, would you try to make it as original as possible? Or would you just think up awesome characters and try to create a story that you think would be incredibly entertaining?

I have a feeling that some people are going to say "I would make a hentai with lots and lots of tentacles!" or something like that. Now even more people are going to say that since I just mentioned that I think that people will say that.

-ExistentDesire
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2013 10:21 PM

Jul 2012
I think about 100s of things a day

Ive had a situation like that, usually when someone says the word animation I picture myself..never mind

Anyway I think what could I make, then I think well it would have too be different. I though maybe an anime about a contest or something like making something for a contest or a life guard or just something that usually only plays 1 episdoe rules, but then I realized I cant even draw Anime, I like too doodle though.
Mar 18, 2013 10:24 PM

Feb 2013
Coolspot said:

Ive had a situation like that, usually when someone says the word animation I picture myself..never mind

Anyway I think what could I make, then I think well it would have too be different. I though maybe an anime about a contest or something like making something for a contest or a life guard or just something that usually only plays 1 episdoe rules, but then I realized I cant even draw Anime, I like too doodle though.

That sounds interesting, yeah I wish I could actually draw as well, I'm absolutely terrible at drawing :/.
Mar 18, 2013 10:35 PM

Jul 2012
ExistentDesire said:
Coolspot said:

That sounds interesting, yeah I wish I could actually draw as well, I'm absolutely terrible at drawing :/.

Yeah, Id be more interested in creating stories for someone elses stuff, but Im not much of a writer either.

Mar 18, 2013 10:45 PM
Jan 2013
I wouldve thought of it if I wasnt lazy.
Mar 18, 2013 10:47 PM

Mar 2013
If my drawing skills were better, I'd be working on doujins/fan-comics (Not the explicit kind). Well, I'm kinda working to improve my skills now, I guess.
As for original manga... Manga? Weeell... Maybe manga-inspired comics.

As for anime... It's in my head. That's good enough for me.
I think there's always a desire to be as original as possible but with so much stuff out it'd be almost impossible to create something that isn't inspired by something else. I'd want my anime to be as "fresh" as possible though.
Mar 18, 2013 10:54 PM

Feb 2013
lundra said:
If my drawing skills were better, I'd be working on doujins/fan-comics (Not the explicit kind). Well, I'm kinda working to improve my skills now, I guess.
As for original manga... Manga? Weeell... Maybe manga-inspired comics.

As for anime... It's in my head. That's good enough for me.
I think there's always a desire to be as original as possible but with so much stuff out it'd be almost impossible to create something that isn't inspired by something else. I'd want my anime to be as "fresh" as possible though.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, after experiencing and enjoying such a variety of anime, it's hard to create something entirely original without being inspired from other ideas from other anime.

But then again, that inspiration is probably a good thing.
Mar 18, 2013 10:57 PM

Mar 2012
I'm only thought of creating LN.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 18, 2013 10:58 PM

Mar 2013
I would be better off creating a light novel or a visual novel.
Mar 18, 2013 11:00 PM

May 2012
I've thought of many stories for an anime or manga but I have no art skills to speak of so it wouldn't really work out lol.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being inspired by other works so long as you don't blatantly rip things off.
Mar 18, 2013 11:04 PM

Sep 2012
I have random ideas, mostly when I go running. They always sound really amazing in my head. I'll go home and write it all down- plot, characters, themes, ideas, events, and anything else I can think of. And then a few hours or days later, I realize my ideas are completely stupid or they have already been used.

Happens a lot :(
Mar 18, 2013 11:05 PM

Jun 2007
Ushiojiru said:
I have random ideas, mostly when I go running. They always sound really amazing in my head. I'll go home and write it all down- plot, characters, themes, ideas, events. And then a few hours or days later, I realize my ideas are completely stupid or they have already been used.

Everything has been used, it's all about how you execute an idea - not what the idea is - that really matters.
Mar 18, 2013 11:08 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah I always just get the basic setting, I try not to copy other anime but a little bit is fine. I need to get to writing all of them down, who knows maybe some day I can write about them or draw my own comic or whatever.
Mar 18, 2013 11:09 PM

Jan 2010
Many, many times. Heck, I have a notebook full of ideas. Though, at some point in the conception I'll say "ahaahahah nope."
Mar 18, 2013 11:10 PM

Sep 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Ushiojiru said:
I have random ideas, mostly when I go running. They always sound really amazing in my head. I'll go home and write it all down- plot, characters, themes, ideas, events. And then a few hours or days later, I realize my ideas are completely stupid or they have already been used.

Everything has been used, it's all about how you execute an idea - not what the idea is - that really matters.

That's true. I guess what I mean is that I lean on other people's ideas too much when trying to create something (anime, manga, short stories, etc.) and it ends up sounding too similar. Inspiration is good, but innovation takes skill.
Mar 18, 2013 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
I'll probably make a hentai with a really addictive plot.

Maybe a crime detective kind of hentai.
Mar 18, 2013 11:20 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah I wish I was a badass who could create my own anime/manga. I'm just a poor ass college student with nothing to show for, trying to eek my way through life.

Mar 19, 2013 12:14 AM
Jun 2012
Yeah. Since I watch a lot of School Life Anime and I had an idea of telling my OWN life in Anime/Manga form. But of course, I want to add more stuff to It rather than plain and boring stuff to keep It more entertaining. I guess this will never happen haha. Making Anime/Manga is really time consuming and you really need a lot of money to even make one Episode.
Mar 19, 2013 12:19 AM

Apr 2010
I already have a few concepts about creating one, possibly a short animation or even a comic.. But in the end of the day, I lack motivation, skills and equipment.
Mar 19, 2013 12:23 AM

Mar 2013
Never really crossed my mind. I lack in story writting, imagination, drawing. Something like that is not possible for me. Even in my dreams.
Mar 19, 2013 12:24 AM
Oct 2012
Coolspot said:
I think about 100s of things a day.

lol, same
Mar 19, 2013 1:14 AM

Feb 2012
I'm currently working on a One-Shot with a friend of mine who's going to be drawing and I'll be writing, He's a fantastic drawer who isn't as skilled in writing and I'm a skilled writer who has no capabilities in Drawing. It's a lot of fun to see the world in your head brought on to paper.
Mar 19, 2013 1:17 AM

Feb 2013
SaekoBusu said:
I'm currently working on a One-Shot with a friend of mine who's going to be drawing and I'll be writing, He's a fantastic drawer who isn't as skilled in writing and I'm a skilled writer who has no capabilities in Drawing. It's a lot of fun to see the world in your head brought on to paper.

Sounds great! Hopefully it all turns out well.
What's it about if I may ask?
Mar 19, 2013 5:21 AM

Aug 2012
I plan on it, videogame too.

But not in a serious manner.. not to make money.. more so to just have fun making it with friends, for friends
GhostonyMar 19, 2013 12:44 PM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Mar 19, 2013 6:02 AM

Oct 2009
I did it long time ago, and its awful.
It's a silly-monstrousity-chibi manga intended as a tribute to Digimon video game.
I made it with my compatriots friends. However, it is confiscated by my teacher, because I draw that in her class. lol.

Sometimes you just need to do it, just draw, don't bother with story, art, or anything at all, or else it will only stays in your head.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 19, 2013 6:27 AM

Feb 2012
ExistentDesire said:
SaekoBusu said:

Sounds great! Hopefully it all turns out well.
What's it about if I may ask?

Assassination Squid is the title and It's a Gag/Battle styled Seinen

A Squid who has no intentions of being an assassin, becomes an assassin through unintentional means and although he isn't looking to kill anyone he manages to because of factors that are outside of his control.
Mar 19, 2013 6:34 AM

Feb 2012
Im top in my art class so i can draw and paint pretty good but i never thought about making comics or even manga. I am however planning to write a few books once i get older. I got a offer to become a graphics designer for a few game companies once i get my bachelor's in graphic design. Lol some many options.
IciBurnMar 19, 2013 6:38 AM
Mar 19, 2013 9:35 AM

Feb 2012
I think a lot about writing books and stuff and yeah, the thought of adaptating them into anime or comics has indeed crossed my mind.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Mar 19, 2013 10:14 AM

Feb 2012
All the damn time. I plan to study animation when i go to college and major in art, so it would be up my alley. I actually made a couple pages of a manga i started a while ago, although as of now the only thing remotely professional looking about it is the cover.
Let me tell you: it's hard drawing manga...i get really bored drawing the same thing over and over again. Getting through the intro is especially really annoying. So sloooow. I always feel like just drawing all the action scenes first before any of the intro, but then i'd remember i might screw myself over if i ever wanted to change anything by doing that.

I love making stories so making an Anime/Manga story would be pretty easy for me. Making it on the other hand...i suppose i could continue drawing it over the years, but an Anime would need skills in computer programming and various other things i don't have. It would take a while for me to make the intro, let alone an entire episode.
I don't play around with projects, so something like those fanmade Anime on Youtube would not cut it for me. It would have to be perfect.
Mar 19, 2013 10:17 AM

Feb 2013
Considering the fact that most anime nowadays to create it proffesionally is about $90k an episode..... and that i have no idea how to do it.
Mar 19, 2013 10:17 AM
Jan 2013
I would and have a really good idea in my mind for quite a while now, but I suck really really really really really hard at drawing
Mar 19, 2013 10:23 AM

Jun 2012
A lot. Maybe I would try it if someone could draw my stories.
Mar 19, 2013 10:28 AM

Nov 2012
I've thought about it and it may be doable if I prioritize it over everything else, but the final product wouldn't be close to as well done as the manga drawn by professionals.
Mar 19, 2013 10:31 AM

Jan 2013
Yes, I would think about that sometimes. Occasionally, I would start drawing something. However, I don't have that much of an imagination when it comes to plot
Mar 19, 2013 10:37 AM

Sep 2012
Well considering I just finished scripting the first draft of the tenth episode of the first season of an animated series I've been working on for a few years now I'd say yes. Now if I can only get back to writing as often as I did over winter break (college classes suck up so much of your time) I could be done with the first 12 and start editing out the putrid errors and rampant pacing issues I know I'm bound to find littered through out.

Problem is, I'm no artist (visual art at least), so my brother who goes to school for design and studies human anatomy has done some art for it. He's good, but he's even lazier than me XD
Mar 19, 2013 11:07 AM

Dec 2012
I remember attempting to write a novel.... I couldn't even write a 3rd chapter..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Mar 19, 2013 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
Peten00b said:
I remember attempting to write a novel.... I couldn't even write a 3rd chapter..

Was it around 50 pages in? Apparently that's when most people drop their novels.

You might be able to rekindle it if you did some plotting. Planning ahead can ruin the feeling that you're being guided by some "muse", but it can also help you get through areas that you'd normally get stuck on (like that ever referenced 50 page point).
Mar 19, 2013 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
As I've regularly demonstrated in school, I have excellent writing skills that would also work for writing my very own anime and manga.
Mar 19, 2013 11:46 AM

Feb 2013
I'd really love to, but given how "good" I am in drawing...
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Mar 19, 2013 12:24 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah of course I did but unfortunately I don't have the talent for it.
Mar 19, 2013 1:19 PM

Dec 2012
Anime or manga? No. Given serious thought to writing something? Yes.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Mar 19, 2013 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
I have imagined the greatest anime in the world and have the drawing skills for it, but have trouble coming up with characters and their powers
Mar 19, 2013 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
Peten00b said:

Was it around 50 pages in? Apparently that's when most people drop their novels.

You might be able to rekindle it if you did some plotting. Planning ahead can ruin the feeling that you're being guided by some "muse", but it can also help you get through areas that you'd normally get stuck on (like that ever referenced 50 page point).

I was writing on word pad so I can't tell, but from what I remember, around 2k words.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Mar 19, 2013 1:47 PM

Jun 2012
I think about it.......I just have no computer art skill at all.
Mar 19, 2013 3:22 PM

Dec 2011
Yes and possibly going to create one in the future.
Mar 19, 2013 4:17 PM

Aug 2012
I never thought about creating an anime or manga, but I thought about making a movie about my own life.
You best be joking, nigger.
Mar 19, 2013 4:19 PM

Apr 2011
I still have a hard time drawing complex bodies positions otherwise I would've tried already, I have no problem with anime heads position/hairstyle etc though.
I would try a romance/action if I were really prepared and I already have some goosebumps scenes on my head that makes me go forward with manga drawing.
Mar 19, 2013 4:24 PM

May 2012
Well i'm not Japanese or live in Japan so i wouldn't be able to.
Mar 19, 2013 4:29 PM

Jul 2012
I actually have a work in progress for a light novel (since I suck at drawing).
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Mar 19, 2013 4:33 PM

Apr 2011
SteampunkDalek said:
Well i'm not Japanese or live in Japan so i wouldn't be able to.

You can do it for personal use, friend sharing or Internet sharing and still have supporters so you get motivation to do what you like. That's my idea, if I were to create my manga that would be my intention. It's not impossible to make your manga sponsored by something else not inside Japan but well... your story has to pass the limits of people's imagination.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

89 by Fyk0 »»
6 minutes ago

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - 5 hours ago

18 by oappo »»
7 minutes ago

» Favorite word

JoeChip - 44 minutes ago

8 by DesuMaiden »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you unironically think that hentai can be art?

Spunkert - Mar 11

45 by DesuMaiden »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you agree that One Piece being the top 1 currently airing anime suggests this Spring is weak?

18927 - 1 hour ago

7 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.